Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Okay, so it turns out to be Ian.  Sort of obvious and disappointing.  And what does he have against Cane?  Didn't the red devil bonk him on the head?  I think Marco would have been a better choice and he could have alternated between playing Jack and the red devil.

So I guess Adam is going to save Abby?  And Ashley? and then the Newmans and Abbotts will rally around him and get his sentence tossed out?

• Love 2

I think Adam has saved quite a few people in the past, right? (Excluding that miscarriage he caused.)  Wasn't there a tornado, an almost drowning--I cannot remember but I just sort of recall him being redeemed before.  But who the heck is he going to save if everyone is out of the building?

Who is the red devil?  I have the same question on Scream Queens. I suppose it will be Ian Ward.  Or Marco.  But I would like it to be Krazy Kelly.  And then she could confess that she ran over Delia.

Well, he did save Conner and Billy when the penthouse caught fire.

So are they just going to dump the whole Sharon/Sprout S/l?

I loved that Patty Cake's costume was a kitty.

• Love 4

I kind of loved Adam refusing to let Victor go down with the building, and when he found out Chelsea was safe his next concern was to save Jack. All the Billy/Adam/Victor scenes were pretty entertaining, even Billy refusing to help Adam and leaving him and Victor. Victor and Adam refusing to leave each other and Abby's concern for Adam was sweet. Even her sisterly calling him an idiot but glad she's ok idiot. 

Loved Vicky hugging Mariah who doesn't like being hugged. lol

How did Jack and Phyllis get out by the stairs when the others need a chopper? Just let everyone use the stairs then.

Nobody but Joe knows that Abby didn't get on the chopper and is still in the building. Perhaps all the chatting they did was chem testing?

Adam told Victor to go and Adam's confronting Ian (who was the devil) so the second Victor finds out 2 of his children are still in there he's going to go back. With probably Jack in tow once he finds out Adam, Ashley and Abby are still in there too.  

I hope after Adam kills Ian, I don't see how Ian's thought to escape this. 

I wonder if Patty's not dead, Jack said she's dead and felt no pulse but they did do a close up of her when Jack and Phyllis escaped the room. 

Nick really was all about daddy this episode, he didn't even mention Noah until Faith asked for him. 

The crazy doctor of Sharon's had to have stolen Christian, since the nurse tells them that the baby died. 

Nobody seems to care about Cane at all. Lily seems like the only one who remembers he exists while all the Newmans and Abbotts are refusing to leave without each other. Really showing a lack of Chancellors in this story.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 7

Nobody seems to care about Cane at all. Lily seems like the only one who remembers he exists while all the Newmans and Abbotts are refusing to leave without each other. Really showing a lack of Chancellors in this story.

Is anyone supposed to care about Cane? Too bad he and Lily didn't get trapped together and die. And Joe. And Joe 2.0.

• Love 3

The payoff for all the days of The Towering Infernal:  A Rolling Stones quote.  Note to Show #1: I challenge the writers to work a classic rock song quote into every single episode.  I see they've already used American Pie, as seen in the previews:  And as the flames climbed high into the night/To light the sacrificial rite/I saw Satan laughing with delight/The day the music died".  (Hell yeah, I know all the words. I had the LP on vinyl.  It was one of my Sweet Sixteen presents.)  What's on Thursday?  I'd love Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.  Note to Show #2: Bring back Marco!  If Pattycakes lives, she'll be the perfect Harley Quinn to his Joker, or the Quinn Fuller to his Deacon.  Same diff.

I'm 100% co-signing Artsda's post.  Wait till Sharon meets little Herb.  Should that be Dylan Jr.?  Oh, let's just bypass all this BS and call him AJ, because we know whose, uhmmmm, rooting powder was used in the sprouting. 

Where is Noah?  Sorry to keep harping on it, but he has such little game that I'm calling him Nifty Noah from now on.  Actually, I'm not sorry. 

• Love 5

Whoooookay...the weird religious allegory/alligator continues...as everyone's sins are burnt up in a tasteless holocaust of media-referential crapola.

1. Prayer: We begin with Nikki's prayerful rewrite of Victor's character...listen, Nikki, I doubt the Almighty's buying it, but you never know.
  2. Contrition: Oh, they should all just be sorry. For all of it. But I'd say Miss Patty and her dear little kitty ears may have paid for all our sins.
  3. Confession: Moving along briskly through smoke, flames, and hot doorknobs [a name which could fit so many characters], we have the endless foreplay to the Ashley/Doughboy confession. C'mon, you knew it was coming. Pathetic, but Eileen Davidson almost looks better with schmutz than when perfectly made up. I digress.
  4. Judgment: Ah, who else? Dylan, traffic manager for the Lord, deciding who will fly and who will stay to be licked by the flames of hell. Or Victor's denture breath.
  5. Rebirth Unto New Life: First, he took up his bed and walked. Not enough for ya? Now he resists Mephisto Newman's temptation to run off. I fervently hope, Lord, we won't be subjected to forty days in the wilderness, or Kansas, or Paris. Please, no. And do not give him twelve major fans in Genoa City who will spread the miraculous story of the washing-away of all his sins.

The crappiest part of all this for me was the stupid [except stupid isn't a strong enough word] sabotage of Phyllis' character. MS might have been that rash, where Patty's concerned, but GT's Phyllis would have played the charade with Jack out much more coolly, IMO.

• Love 4

How the heck did Patty not only save herself from something on top of her, but make it up to Ian to save him? I have to say though, they're kind of perfect for each other. 

Love Adam saving Abby, then also basically carrying Ben to safety just hours after Ben saved his life. Billy's sitting at the hospital, so is Jack and it's Adam saving Abby and Ashley's lives. 

Billy's scene at the hospital over Victor telling Adam to run was stupid. Billy's becoming as shrewish as Christine. Speaking of which, she's in the previews for tomorrow of course arresting Adam for more charges. She's going to be chewed up and spit out based on the room of people she's in while she's trying to take Adam in minutes after he saved Ash/Abby/Ben.

• Love 6

How the heck did Patty not only save herself from something on top of her, but make it up to Ian to save him? I have to say though, they're kind of perfect for each other. 

Love Adam saving Abby, then also basically carrying Ben to safety just hours after Ben saved his life. Billy's sitting at the hospital, so is Jack and it's Adam saving Abby and Ashley's lives. 

Billy's scene at the hospital over Victor telling Adam to run was stupid. Billy's becoming as shrewish as Christine. Speaking of which, she's in the previews for tomorrow of course arresting Adam for more charges. She's going to be chewed up and spit out based on the room of people she's in while she's trying to take Adam in minutes after he saved Ash/Abby/Ben.

This sounds good for a change, I'm looking forward to it.

• Love 2

Yep, not only wailed but went through a fairly lengthy scene without shedding a tear. Not in the hospital room where they first found out, or outside in the hallway. The prop people must have put visine in Sage's eyes for the scene with the social worker as there appeared to be an actual tear or two trickling down her face. Sheeh, this is supposed to be a soap actress - shouldn't crying on cue be a minimum job requirement? JM didn't do much better but a least men can pretend to be strong and hold it in. The scene chewing without tears just does not wash.

Thank you Christian for giving your life so that hopefully your mother will leave town never to return.

• Love 8
JM didn't do much better but a least men can pretend to be strong and hold it in

imo jm is a horrid actor and needs a strong one in his scenes to carry most of the weight.

curious, was his sad face the one where he thinks of the time he thought he was just going to let a good one out and instead got a wet one? and no new underwear for him to change into?

• Love 6

Yep, not only wailed but went through a fairly lengthy scene without shedding a tear. Not in the hospital room where they first found out, or outside in the hallway. The prop people must have put visine in Sage's eyes for the scene with the social worker as there appeared to be an actual tear or two trickling down her face. Sheeh, this is supposed to be a soap actress - shouldn't crying on cue be a minimum job requirement? JM didn't do much better but a least men can pretend to be strong and hold it in. The scene chewing without tears just does not wash.

Thank you Christian for giving your life so that hopefully your mother will leave town never to return.

I wanted to smack her one when she corrected the social worker. All the woman did was say " your baby" and Sage had to remind her that his name is Christian. WTF is it with her? It also doesn't quite ring true that she isn't able to go in the room to see him. If this was my only chance to hold my " miracle " , there isn't a door that could keep me out.

• Love 7
et

imo jm is a horrid actor and needs a strong one in his scenes to carry most of the weight.

HIs best scenes for me have always been with Sharon Case. I didn't like him with MS as she is a scene chewer herself. The problem with the actor playing Sage (I can't even be bothered to look up her name) is that besides being a horrible actor she and JM have no chemistry. I don't think he likes her - or Sage for that matter- any more than most of us do. Which is to say not at all.

Christine has always been a bitch, but I do believe she has ratcheted it up a few notches. If Adam had saved Paul she would still have been there with her self righteous nose in the air proclaiming that she was adding extra charges to Adam's rap sheet. I hope a few of the people that Adam saved and their relatives pounce on her today and give her a good beating.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 10

"He's not an infant!"

Actually, I think the definition of infant is a child under the age of one year.  At least according to our Utilities Codes for discontinuing electric/water service to a residence that has not paid the bill.  (Utilities will not be turned off if an 'infant' resides in the home, or a disabled person(s), who needs water and heat)  Soooooo, unless they SORASed the little bugger in the incubator, he's is indeed an infant.

• Love 5

I loved Chelsea telling Christine off and her taking heed!  

Noah not accounted for yet....hmmm....could he be the beloved?  

Adam says Ian is responsible for the fire.  OK but I didn't hear anyone like the police or Christine asking where he is?

I can not figure out the storyline with Dr Anderson stealing the baby to pass off as Sharon's?  Sharon went to Fairview voluntarily so how could she have planned that?

Did Ashley get implants?  Wow!   

Joe following Lily around like a love sick puppy is sickening and unbelievable, where did this come from?  

Please point Cane to a spray tan booth!

• Love 4

I laughed at one of Victor's first thoughts be that if Nick's marriage will survive. lol He knows his son.

Loved everyone wanting to chew up Christine. Especially Chelsea for asking what is wrong with you. What is wrong with her, she's so horrible, she couldn't even comfort her own husband over the death of his sister. Christine's first thoughts are of getting Adam, taking Adam away and when Paul brings up he lost his sister Christine's response is "I'm sorry about THAT." That? She's so cold and cruel. Paul deserves better. 

It wasn't until after Chelsea bitched her out that she even went to Paul or cared to say she was sorry and hug him.

Billy's another one that can't shut for 4 seconds. 2 seconds after learning Adam saved Abby, Ashley and Stitch he's bitching about him again. So much for Billy caring about the lives of his family members. 

Noah not accounted for yet....hmmm....could he be the beloved?

He's accounted for, Faith asked for him yesterday and Nick told her he went to another hospital.

• Love 6

Nick did a weird look on his face when he told Faith that so I don't know if Noah really is okay or not. But then, that's Nick's face all the time.

Sage and Nick don't go to the baby's body. Obviously there was a tiny person availble for viewing so whose baby was that? Sage doesn't want to go nor does she want Nick to either. Nothing like hitting us over the head with BABY NAPPING anvils show. : thud

• Love 7

HIs best scenes for me have always been with Sharon Case.

OMG no.. they are both so bad that when they are together it is 1000 times worse. Weak actors BOTH of them.

Sage is not being drugged like Sharon and she looks loony toons. She's going to end up needing to be at the psych place too.

I am ok with Sage being a little fucked up. She did  JUST lose her baby afterall. Sharon is all fucked up over losing her baby 20 years ago. And if Sharon hadn't been lying and playing God again she would not be all drugged up..

Well, yesterday's CDN was a lame excuse for an episode--mind you, all things Neiloid tend to put me into a coma.

However, we did get to enjoy Dr Stareyeyes pull that foam pregnancy thing out from under Sharon's top...

Does that count as anything?

• Love 1

The show is so ridiculous now that it is hardly worth pointing out the inconsistencies and huge holes in the storylines. TPTB obviously do not care so why should we?

Apparently Sharon's doctor is not only evil but also psychic. She knew that Nick and Sage would not want to see and hold their baby. The baby that according to Sage they never once held while he was alive. That makes perfect sense. And the doctor is able to get some staff members on board to pretend their baby is dead and available for viewing.

The doctor also apparently knew that Dylan would show up when he did, so she needed to put the fake belly on Sharon. But timed it just right so she could take it away before Sharon woke up wondering why she was wearing a fake belly. And where oh where is said baby? One would think he is still in an incubator somewhere? Maybe Michael Knight is looking after him in Neil's boathouse.

The most disgusting thing about this whole storyline is that apparently Sage will not be going anywhere. I am sure that was a look of panic on Nick's face when Sage was flipping out in her hospital bed, realizing that he is stuck with her and not even the payoff of a baby as a reason to be.  And I would not at all be surprised if it was not Nick's panic we were seeing but Joshua Morrow's. Certainly would be mine if I was in his position. Maybe it will be a few years down the road before it is all sorted out and Sage will leave town soon. She can return down the road played by someone who can actually act. That is if Y&R has not been cancelled by then.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 15

And where oh where is said baby? One would think he is still in an incubator somewhere? Maybe Michael Knight is looking after him in Neil's boathouse.

And that is why Nifty Neil's feeble attempts to speak colloquially should cease and desist.  See what happens when you say, "Hey baby, wanna hang out at my crib"? 

• Love 8

I laughed at one of Victor's first thoughts be that if Nick's marriage will survive. lol He knows his son.

He's accounted for, Faith asked for him yesterday and Nick told her he went to another hospital.

Another hospital where no one ever mentioned.(heck they've only shown one room at GC hospital) and if Noah is at another hospital no family there to visit/care for him.

I loved Chelsea telling Christine off and her taking heed!  

I can not figure out the storyline with Dr Anderson stealing the baby to pass off as Sharon's?  Sharon went to Fairview voluntarily so how could she have planned that?

!

As far as I know, the baby switch is our GUESS. The signs point to it, and Pratt isn't intelligent enough to come up with an original storyline.

First, the psycho doc drugging Sharon out of her mind, using the aforementioned pregnancy pillow, then removing it before Sharon woke up, psycho doc visiting the baby at the hospital and so on. I predict Sharon won't even know the baby isn't hers, but she'll be blamed all the same. Sharon's always to blame for anything, even her being gaslighted by Victor. <tic>

• Love 11

Sage is not being drugged like Sharon and she looks loony toons. She's going to end up needing to be at the psych place too. 

Sage is the one that has had episodes of flipping out and losing her shyte not Sharon. She has a deranged look in her eyes and the weird expressions on her face are very strange.She goes completely bonkers when the conversation is not to her liking. I just can't stand her or Nick! YUCK!!

Another hospital where no one ever mentioned.(heck they've only shown one room at GC hospital) and if Noah is at another hospital no family there to visit/care for him.

As far as I know, the baby switch is our GUESS. The signs point to it, and Pratt isn't intelligent enough to come up with an original storyline.

First, the psycho doc drugging Sharon out of her mind, using the aforementioned pregnancy pillow, then removing it before Sharon woke up, psycho doc visiting the baby at the hospital and so on. I predict Sharon won't even know the baby isn't hers, but she'll be blamed all the same. Sharon's always to blame for anything, even her being gaslighted by Victor. <tic>

Yes of course right on track Sharon will be the fall guy the one that gets blamed and must pay.

• Love 6

Not a fan of Phyllis's outfit today, boring and made her look huge!  

Sage to Vicki "oh you just had to make this all about YOU!"  LMAO

Marisa/Luca/Noah....don't care!  And Marisa gives up her child but now means more to her than anything because she is in ...danger!

YAY no Stitch or Dylan today!

• Love 3

I love when anyone shuts down Christine, so Victor walking in with the court order was great. Also liked Michael telling her that her personal issues with hit & runs are causing her to be impartial. I do hope she has a PR nightmare like Michael told her.

Its funny Adam now has free reign to walk around the hospital. Visit Sage, in the previews at the memorial.

Sage is a loon, she just doesn't look like she's sad for a child. She seems more bitter that the Newmans have each other.

Victoria's bluff that she'll walk away from Newman was funny because Victor doesn't care. He already has the gears going, he's going to keep Adam to fill the void.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Victoria's bluff that she'll walk away from Newman was funny because Victor doesn't care. He already has the gears going, he's going to keep Adam to fill the void.

She never learns. No matter how dutiful a daughter she is, no matter what grimy things she does to please him, he'd always rather have Nick or Adam by his side, even though one of them can't keep his knuckles from dragging on the floor and the other hates him.

• Love 9

Yes, Christine ordered the cuffs back on to the bed however he told Sage he was working the buddy system and the cop was outside the door. He's also at the funeral for the baby on today's show. 

• Love 3

So Victor confronts Adam about the baby being his? What? Adam knew the baby wasn't Nick's? No way Adam wouldn't stake claim and just let Nick raise his son.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Maybe Adam and the cop should mosey on down to Uncle Nifty's Neonatal Nursery, a.k.a. the Boathouse.  They can find Christian (or Chrisssss-Chin, as his mom pronounces it), retrieve the wee sprout and plant him in a pot, a la Baby Groot. 

• Love 5

artsda quote

Sage is a loon, she just doesn't look like she's sad for a child. She seems more bitter that the Newmans have each other.

I always got the vibe from Sage that the rest of humanity (using term loosely with regard to GC denizens) was the equivalent of flies and mosquitoes at an evening barbecue.  She needs long-term therapy to work out those fear/hate/paranoia/delusions of grandeur issues.

Of course, we have a very low bar re Concern for Offspring in GC.  The younguns exist only to be brought out for angst and deadly serious damage to their little bodies just so the plot plods on.  (Exception:  the Sugar Twins who are just brought out to annoy the audience and provide Nerf target practice on your tv.) 

I beg the Court's indulgence for a few No Way To Treat A Minor Examples:

• Delia wound up with a tea table in the middle of FKB house living room whilst Billy and whoever talked grownup stuff no child should hear (she was two feet away!!) so we would really bond with her and be all boo-hooey when the H&R occurs.  (We got over her cancer scare pretty fast and didn't bond, because, again, it wasn't about her-it was the Billyboy and Victor plot plodding.)
  • Johnny (or whomever) wound up in a steamy shower for =ahem=inhalation therapy so StepMa and Pa could go at it.  It's possible they dropped the baby and for the love of all that is holy, I hope he crawled away before the action got heavier.
  • Summer-what can I say about a Mom who throws the "bad cookies-these will kill you" in the waste basket instead of burning/destroying/flushing them down the toilet right then and there?   'Stupid as a sack of hair' is not adequate.
  • Soon-to-be-grieving-parents (it's not like the hospital staff did not give them a heads up) going to a party(!) so the baby dies/gets 'napped.  Now we have three sacks of hair.  [bonus points:  not wanting to see the baby.  Now you are sacks of dog poop.]
  • Faith being footballed, listening to fights and threats and other scary stuff between Dick and Sharin (during the 'unfit mother', after-the-wedding-that-iZombiePhyl-crashed," you're bi-polar cause you fucked with something I fucked with years ago"  times) such that she [Faith] had to stay with said unfit mother so fit dad could go off and get so wasted he walked into a bear trap.  Kid is going to need soooo much therapy.
  • Grampire:  everything he does hurts his offspring and/or his offspring's offspring.  He should not be within 100 yards of any child, pony or no pony.

I rest my case-even tho I know there are many more examples (hey! a new drinking game! Wodka all around!) but I have to go walk my dog.

Love ya, Preverts!

• Love 16

Small Quarter horse, Not pony. Ponies (most) are like border collies. Unless you have 10 kids to ride them they can get fresh and bored. They are bred to work 20 hr days in horrid conditions in mines. Tiny work horses. super fun if you have a little cart.

Q horses make great baby sitters.

• Love 4

So Victor's blackmailing Adam with the news about Christian. Forcing Adam to work with him to ruin Jabot, Adam initially said no way was he doing anything to Jack and then Victor told him he had no choice. 

This is dumb, if Christian's dead why does it even matter for Adam to give into the blackmail now? 

Hilary is going to live in a world of Groundhogs day? Where she won't remember and keep forgetting things until she takes the pills. LOL

• Love 10

Anyone else think that Adam is going along with Victor's blackmail simply to get out of prison? Vic will pay off the judge and Adam will go free. Christian is "dead" so what does it matter? Would Turd tell everyone that Adam was the father and risk hurting Nick more? Bottom line here is Turd is an asshat of the worst degree.

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 7

artsda quote

So Victor's blackmailing Adam with the news about Christian.

Why would anyone believe Victor's DNA experts or whatever he did?  His track record involves hairbrushes and out of country "experts" who never appear to testify.  Fucker's delusional/senile.

• Love 7

Nikki - "Of all the judges we get her?" Since when does Nikki care so much for Adam, that she'd consider his appeal as "we."

I like that Adam tipped of Jack and Jack's already wondering what Victor is up to and wants from Adam. Hate Victor dangling freedom/his family in front of Adam while he just wanted to not betray Jack. 

Hilary's brain is fried. She's saying how Neal was so good to her in the boathouse? He's the reason she was there. 

• Love 5

LOL at Victor having the affair with the judge and the 2 ladies having that conversation while Adam lays there in his hospital bed.

Another episode and another character who never cared about Adam before, suddenly does. Victoria wants to postpone Katherine's birthday party because of Nick losing the baby and for Adam's court case? They're really trying to act and write like they're all suddenly caring about Adam now. 

• Love 5