Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I am obsessed with her current haircut - gorgeous!  Love the color too.  What's the difference in years between these two pics?  12-15?  She was a young DCC if I remember correctly.

She left her prom early to study football facts:)  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I agree, she really doesn't.

I can see it more in the videos when she isn’t as heavily filtered, and I do like the light brown hair. She’s definitely been Dallasified.

I’m one of the few that didn’t get Tara for the squad, aside from the connection with Savannah…she was a blender for me. But squad support says a lot, and this drastic makeover just makes me feel a little uncomfortable. She was a cute woman before, the girl next door sporty cute that I think the squad does well with. 

Nothing wrong with going super glam for a night out, so I guess it’s the massive filtering that gives me pause. Hopefully she’s just having fun with it and the show/squad didn’t mess with her head. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/30/2022 at 4:07 AM, ByTor said:

I agree, she really doesn't.

That's because she uses FaceApp. Amber does too. I think all of them do. It morphs them into another human. Look it up, it's wild lol. It's what makes them look like perfect Barbie's with zero imperfections.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, DCC93 said:

That's because she uses FaceApp. Amber does too. I think all of them do. It morphs them into another human. Look it up, it's wild lol. It's what makes them look like perfect Barbie's with zero imperfections.

I took your advice and looked it up. Crap! It's amazing what technology can do!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
On 6/27/2022 at 2:50 PM, kalibean said:

I am obsessed with her current haircut - gorgeous!  Love the color too.  What's the difference in years between these two pics?  12-15?  She was a young DCC if I remember correctly.

If your talking about Abigail Klein or however you spell it, she was 18 when she auditioned as a rookie.  Missed part of her Prom to do Auditions (studying for the test I'd assume is what she meant)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/27/2022 at 2:50 PM, kalibean said:

If the DCC picture is from her rookie season, it would have been 2007, so 15 years. She was 18 when she auditioned, so that would make her 33. Those are some mad arithmetic skills I have there! 😂

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2022 at 8:20 PM, Holly85 said:

She will have assistants helping her according to her ig story she has been down for the past two weeks in pain 

Oh no… after all she did to get back to her old level! I’m so sorry for her.

I’ve wondered about her chances to get back to a professional dance level after such a serious neck injury. She seemed confident she could, so it’s even more heart breaking to hear how she struggles just after her full return to dance. I hope she recovers but honestly, I think it’s best if she completely stops dancing. She has a full life ahead of her and it really isn’t worth to push yourself over the edge now and ruin that neck and a decent quality of life when you still have so many years ahead of you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/30/2022 at 8:47 AM, kalibean said:

I can see it more in the videos when she isn’t as heavily filtered, and I do like the light brown hair. She’s definitely been Dallasified.

I’m one of the few that didn’t get Tara for the squad, aside from the connection with Savannah…she was a blender for me. But squad support says a lot, and this drastic makeover just makes me feel a little uncomfortable. She was a cute woman before, the girl next door sporty cute that I think the squad does well with. 

Nothing wrong with going super glam for a night out, so I guess it’s the massive filtering that gives me pause. Hopefully she’s just having fun with it and the show/squad didn’t mess with her head. 

I was the exact opposite... I didn't have Savannah making it but hey... she ended up staying 4 years 🤓

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I was the exact opposite... I didn't have Savannah making it but hey... she ended up staying 4 years 🤓

Oh for sure, she was definitely shown as a struggler!  And then ended up being rookie of the year, right?  So either a lot of editing hijinks in their rookie season, or she really busted her tail to improve, though I don't think she ever was one of the very best at Power Pom.  There are almost always 4-6 gals that make the squad that you know Judy wouldn't put through because of their dancing, but at least most of some extra sparkle to them like Kat or Savannah that Kelli pushes for either beauty or strong for appearances. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, kalibean said:

Oh for sure, she was definitely shown as a struggler!  And then ended up being rookie of the year, right?  So either a lot of editing hijinks in their rookie season, or she really busted her tail to improve, though I don't think she ever was one of the very best at Power Pom.  There are almost always 4-6 gals that make the squad that you know Judy wouldn't put through because of their dancing, but at least most of some extra sparkle to them like Kat or Savannah that Kelli pushes for either beauty or strong for appearances. 

For me, it's the fact that they push this narrative of having 36 of the best dancers in the country when we all know every year, there are a couple who are good but not great dancers but have other strengths. Savannah even struggled in her 2nd year with Tara too but is a great example of having other attributes. She's very pretty, good on appearances and doesn't she come from a military family?

That rookie class had a few who weren't necessarily the strongest dancers (Molly, Alexis, Miranda) but all seemed really likeable and apperance-ready. Wasn't it Miranda who Kelli said was a great interviewee in the media segment?

• Love 1
On 7/4/2022 at 2:44 PM, kalibean said:

Except Rookie of the Year is supposed to be more about being a great teammate/locker room favourite than dance level -- so, in theory, she could have still been a struggler (no or few editing hijinks) as a tcc, shown little dance improvement rookie year, and still been Rookie of the Year.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/4/2022 at 4:44 PM, kalibean said:

I did love Savannah's personality 😁and she was certainly a great ambassador for DCC.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Is anyone planning to watch Abigail Klein (or however you spell it) in the Days Of Our Lives spinoff "Beyond Salem" starting Monday on Peacock?

It would be interesting to tune and see if we could spot her.  

The only soap opera I really got into was General Hospital.  It was the days of Luke and Laura and they were the biggest thing on daytime TV.  That really dates me.  

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

The only soap opera I really got into was General Hospital.  It was the days of Luke and Laura and they were the biggest thing on daytime TV.  That really dates me.  

All My Children, Dark Shadows, General Hospital ~ those were my soaps.

I'll probably check it out just because it's Abigail and she was one of my favorite DCC.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

14 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

I'll probably check it out just because it's Abigail and she was one of my favorite DCC.

Will be interesting to see Abigail as an actress and not a dancer.  I just wish we could watch without having to PAY for Peacock.  I really only watch Days for Marlena Evans Black (Deidre Hall) and John Black (Drake Hogestyn).

This is what Abigail's gonna look like in "Beyond Salem":

image.png.5df138fb455097ec6fea62f48d70225a.png

20 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Ha! I'm right there with you (the storylines "Dating" you).

• Love 2

Latest DCC in motion is Erin. She's such a beautiful lyrical dancer. I appreciate her great technique and how she doesn't need a tonne of tricks to showcase her dancing.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Latest DCC in motion is Erin. She's such a beautiful lyrical dancer. I appreciate her great technique and how she doesn't need a tonne of tricks to showcase her dancing.

That was very good.  Very beautiful and she has flawless technique.

• Love 3
On 7/11/2022 at 3:48 AM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Will be interesting to see Abigail as an actress and not a dancer.  I just wish we could watch without having to PAY for Peacock.  I really only watch Days for Marlena Evans Black (Deidre Hall) and John Black (Drake Hogestyn).

This is what Abigail's gonna look like in "Beyond Salem":

image.png.5df138fb455097ec6fea62f48d70225a.png

Ha! I'm right there with you (the storylines "Dating" you).

Just found out that Abigail Klein will be a regular on Days Of Our Lives for the time being.

• Useful 1

Has anyone spotted Abigail Klein on Days Of Our Lives yet?  I'm reading spoilers for the episodes as I only watch when John (Drake Hogestyn) and Marlena (Deidre Hall) are on.  Haven't seen Abigail mentioned in any of the regular episode spoilers yet.

(edited)
13 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Has anyone spotted Abigail Klein on Days Of Our Lives yet?  I'm reading spoilers for the episodes as I only watch when John (Drake Hogestyn) and Marlena (Deidre Hall) are on.  Haven't seen Abigail mentioned in any of the regular episode spoilers yet.

They tape 6-8 months in advance, so depending on when she started filming, it could be awhile before her episodes are shown.

ETA: The articles from May say she will appear on Salem first & then move over to Days -- don't know if that's still correct, but with their big buffer between filming & airing, she probably won't show up until closer to the end of the year, if not 2023.

ETA2: Found another article from May 5 that says she was supposed to be on Salem July 11-15. It didn't give any dates for Days.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

Just spotted on I.G. Alexis has asked Gina to be one of her bridesmaids.

I was so hoping Gina was going to be an All-Star. And I know she's not super active on IG, but I'm really surprised she never made a farewell post.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, cgloss said:

I was so hoping Gina was going to be an All-Star. And I know she's not super active on IG, but I'm really surprised she never made a farewell post.

You can see by my avatar that I'm a big Gina fan but I'm rather puzzled as to what she is currently planning. She has been selling up a lot of stuff on her I.G. which makes me think she might be moving back to Ca. where her boyfriend lives and works. They seem very close. That wouldn't preclude her from being an All Star so I hope she is going to be. She has been very involved in recent camps as well.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

You can see by my avatar that I'm a big Gina fan but I'm rather puzzled as to what she is currently planning. She has been selling up a lot of stuff on her I.G. which makes me think she might be moving back to Ca. where her boyfriend lives and works. They seem very close. That wouldn't preclude her from being an All Star so I hope she is going to be. She has been very involved in recent camps as well.

Daphne posted on her stories that Gina is off back home!

• Useful 3
14 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

They tape 6-8 months in advance, so depending on when she started filming, it could be awhile before her episodes are shown.

ETA: The articles from May say she will appear on Salem first & then move over to Days -- don't know if that's still correct, but with their big buffer between filming & airing, she probably won't show up until closer to the end of the year, if not 2023.

ETA2: Found another article from May 5 that says she was supposed to be on Salem July 11-15. It didn't give any dates for Days.

I've been following Days RELIGIOUSLY for a little over a year. Knew they film 6 months out.  Was hoping that since Abigail had appeared on Beyond Salem she'd appear in regular Days episodes right after that.  I'm also a member of a couple of really active Days/John & Marlena groups on FB so I get my info there.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:57 PM, PomPomPom said:

Just spotted on I.G. Alexis has asked Gina to be one of her bridesmaids.

I wonder if one of her bridesmaids dropped out? All of her other bridesmaids she asked months ago. 

• Useful 2
15 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I wonder if one of her bridesmaids dropped out? All of her other bridesmaids she asked months ago. 

Maybe she is being an extra due to one of her bridesmaids having a game the day (nfl cheerleader) after the wedding just in case she has to back out 

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Color me strange but I am going to miss Gina and her "extra".

Nothing strange about it. They say you don't really miss something until it's gone. I think Gina is a case in point. Some were always going to spend their time discussing her body type but the girl was the total package. Great dancer including the extra. Great with the kids at camp. A good leader and a great point. A strong lady, coming back from a torn ACL Great enough to get a compliment from the G.O.A.T. Nicole Hamilton. I am going to miss her next season. Big shoes to fill.

• Love 14
On 7/19/2022 at 6:59 PM, Spunkyyy said:

If true, that’s a little awkward if you ask me… it sounds so much like “second choice”.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, LilyD said:

If true, that’s a little awkward if you ask me… it sounds so much like “second choice”.  

Im thinking because one of her bridesmaids dances for the broncos now and has a game the day after the wedding maybe she is being an extra just in case she has to drop out 

• Useful 1
On 7/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, Holly85 said:

Maybe she is being an extra due to one of her bridesmaids having a game the day (nfl cheerleader) after the wedding just in case she has to back out 

Lily?