Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah I’m sure it did !! 

Makes sense . If she couldn't cheer on the field at Broncos games she probably couldn't the at the Pro Bowl game either.

• Love 4

I could never figure out how Brielle (and the other two non-vaxxers) were allowed to cheer up in the stands, but not on the field. I mean, if they're worried about her spreading Covid and they're allowing her to be close to fans, how does that make any sense? She seems to have taken down her Facebook page where she talked about leaving the squad early. She is on IG with a private account, but I don't follow her. I guess DCC isn't the only cutthroat squad out there.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ItsmeChickadee said:

I could never figure out how Brielle (and the other two non-vaxxers) were allowed to cheer up in the stands, but not on the field. I mean, if they're worried about her spreading Covid and they're allowing her to be close to fans, how does that make any sense? She seems to have taken down her Facebook page where she talked about leaving the squad early. She is on IG with a private account, but I don't follow her. I guess DCC isn't the only cutthroat squad out there.

When the nfl rules came out abt everyone on the field must be vaccinated except players broncos had already had a team formed so I guess instead of kicking them off they put them up in the stands 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, ItsmeChickadee said:

Because the NFL's concern wasn't about spreading Covid to/among the fans. Their concern was the players and having to cancel/reschedule games if Covid spread among the players.

Some players were excused from being vaccinated because they were still needed (and fans could have revolted if certain players weren't allowed to play) -- much harder to sideline/cut/replace them than a cheerleader.

Sadly, cheerleaders are much more replaceable. Some were cut (i.e., the Saints cheerleader) others (maybe those who had already chosen the teams pre-mandate) were just moved to the stands away from the players (and from the looks of the Broncos, possibly cut the next year).

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Because the NFL's concern wasn't about spreading Covid to/among the fans. Their concern was the players and having to cancel/reschedule games if Covid spread among the players.

Some players were excused from being vaccinated because they were still needed (and fans could have revolted if certain players weren't allowed to play) -- much harder to sideline/cut/replace them than a cheerleader.

Sadly, cheerleaders are much more replaceable. Some were cut (i.e., the Saints cheerleader) others (maybe those who had already chosen the teams pre-mandate) were just moved to the stands away from the players (and from the looks of the Broncos, possibly cut the next year).

Most of the teams this season are putting that as a requirement to audition I know Atleast one team will except exemption due to Heath or religious reasons

6 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Alexandria (the patriats girl as I call her because of her patriots background etc and left after a few pregame with DCC and wentback to patriots), and was practically "made to leave" because of the toxic ness

Alexandria’s reasons for leaving have been discussed here at length. No one knows exactly why she left.

But personally, I refuse to believe that it is something as basic as being far from home, a sick relative (that only she could look after??) or a toxic environment. She was a seasoned and mature cheerleader; wise and experienced enough to know what it’s like to be in a professional cheerleading squad. And as a former captain and trainer she should know better than “just” walk out and leave your team mates to sort out your departure this early in the season. That’s selfish and very unprofessional behaviour. 
It wouldn’t surprise me though if there was a very good reason for her departure but they obviously don’t want to tell us.

• Love 10
On 4/24/2022 at 4:36 AM, MegzClarkie said:

I collated a list of the cheerleaders who cheered for 5 years or over. Gina and Lexie said they are number 51 & 52 however I can only find 51 including them which means I'm missing one!

Vanessa Baker
Vonciel Barker
Benita Briggs
Pamela Davis
Teri Richardson 
Kelli Finglass
Judy London
Shelly Bramhall
Alice Williams
Dorie Braddy
Marnie Pizzitola
Ronda Cates
Tandra Cromer 
Regina Tucker
Christy Van Meter
Pennie Booker
Shannon Swanson
Cindi Burck
Terra Watson
Julie Holeman
Brandi Redmond
Misty Cleveland
Lisa Henslin
Lynlee Allen
Misty Duncan
Justine Phillips
Nicole Hamilton 
Sarah Gourley
Trisha Trevino
Brooke Sorenson
Tobie Percival
Ally Traylor
CassieTrammell
Melisaa Kellerman
Sydeny Durso
Whitney Isleib 
Jackie Bob
Mia Greenhouse
Nicole Bulcher
Angela Nicotera
Holly Hubbard
Danielle Barhold
Jenna Jackson
Jessica Purdy
Jinelle Davidson 
Lacey Munoz
Amy Leonall
Maddie Massingill
Tess Guidry
Gina Ligi
Lexie Sullivan

You're missing one? According to my list I have 49 girls, including Gina and Lexie. So I was missing three lol. Thanks :) 

My guess is either DCC miscounted or there is a vet out there that secretly has 5 years under her belt but it only shows 4 years on places like Pompedia. 

Did you know that there has been a least 1 five year vet on the team every year since 2009? And in 2022, DCC is going to have 3 five year vets on the team (Ashlee, Caroline and Jalyn) which hasn't happened since 2012. 

Although I do think that there is a good chance that the 5 year streak could be broken in 2023 since we only have 3 four year vets in Kat, Chandi, and Kelcey. Personally I don't see any of them pursuing a five year career as a DCC (with the exception of maybe Kat) but hey, I could be wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Any pics from Alanna’s wedding yet?  Hope she had a beautiful event.  Always liked her.  Came off very genuine and warm.  

Elli posted these

Screenshot_20220501-113932_Instagram_1651434413122.jpg

Screenshot_20220501-113909_Instagram_1651434366102.jpg

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Cianna has posted several stories from Alanna’s wedding, including Thunderstruck! Alanna was just gorgeous. Bridget was there and it was so lovely to see her dance again. It looked like Cianna, Bridget, Brennan, and Breanna were bridesmaids. It also seemed that Rachel W. did Alanna’s makeup.

https://instagram.com/cicilevi?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Lily was also a bridesmaid but I don’t think she did thunder with them 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Ellie and Lexie are both prettier than Rachel and more natural looking, even with Lexie's playboy hair.

I had the opposite reaction. They all look beautiful here but Rachel was the one I noticed. It’s refreshing to see them outside of their staged DCC promo photos - I think Rachel looks great.

• Love 8

Several of Alanna's Laker Girl teammates went to the wedding, and one of them posted a video of the Thunder performance. I wonder what it felt like to have spent three years dancing with Alanna, and then sat there while she made a big deal of performing with her DCC friends. Maybe the Laker Girls don't have this same kind of tradition, but I think I would have felt a twinge of sadness to have been excluded.

I did notice that Kristin did at least one other dance at her wedding with some of her Ice Angel teammates. I thought that was very thoughtful.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Several of Alanna's Laker Girl teammates went to the wedding, and one of them posted a video of the Thunder performance. I wonder what it felt like to have spent three years dancing with Alanna, and then sat there while she made a big deal of performing with her DCC friends. Maybe the Laker Girls don't have this same kind of tradition, but I think I would have felt a twinge of sadness to have been excluded.

I did notice that Kristin did at least one other dance at her wedding with some of her Ice Angel teammates. I thought that was very thoughtful.

Dcc Claire choreographed that routine 

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

You're missing one? According to my list I have 49 girls, including Gina and Lexie. So I was missing three lol. Thanks :) 

My guess is either DCC miscounted or there is a vet out there that secretly has 5 years under her belt but it only shows 4 years on places like Pompedia. 

Did you know that there has been a least 1 five year vet on the team every year since 2009? And in 2022, DCC is going to have 3 five year vets on the team (Ashlee, Caroline and Jalyn) which hasn't happened since 2012. 

Although I do think that there is a good chance that the 5 year streak could be broken in 2023 since we only have 3 four year vets in Kat, Chandi, and Kelcey. Personally I don't see any of them pursuing a five year career as a DCC (with the exception of maybe Kat) but hey, I could be wrong.

Haha no problem- took me so long to figure it out and I was so annoyed when I realise I was missing one! I think you are right, there is a cheerleader somewhere that is not showing as a 5th year but did complete 5 years. 

• Love 4
On 5/2/2022 at 5:24 PM, Jennifer J said:

Just read that Abigail Klein has a part on Days of our Lives as Stephanie Johnson, Steve and Kayla’s daughter.

I was just coming here to inquire if it was really our Abigail that had been cast!

• Love 1
On 5/2/2022 at 1:27 AM, sleepyjean said:

For all we know the Laker girls MAY have a tradition but do any of us "stalk/follow" the current/former DCC's previous/current teams and the girls that make those teams etc to know what goes on in those weddings etc.

For all we know maybe they do have a tradition and Alanna may or may not have done it before and after thunderstruck because we all know that Kelli and Judy kinda controls what they can posts and do we know whether they are allowed to post other team's traditions etc. There is a difference between posting (for example) "went to colorado to see lily <inserts pics of Lily in uniform etc>"  or "went to see Hannah in Chicago bulls game <inserts pics of hannah in uniform/normal clothes>" etc and then posting about the other teams traditions that Kelli and Charlotte will allow etc without them getting pissed off etc.

The girls arent really allowed to post they made TCC or the team until first day of TCC or when they made the team until it was "officially" shown on tv etc. So I am willing to bet they the things the current team are allowed to post (on social media) about Laker Girls tradition are prob limited. The current team who went may prob have videos of the traditions the Lakers have (if they have one) and may have given Alanna the videos privately but not posted it on social media to not piss off Kelli and Judy and Charlotte because we ALL know they LOVE to pick on every little detail. Like Alora Rose trying out for rockettes whilst in training camp. (If she hadnt tried out for the rockettes when she was trying out her 2nd year do we know whether she'd have made it her second year?)

21 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Nice! Days has just recently become my favorite daytime drama

Omg. That is such a throwback. I watched when Marlena was possessed by the devil and Jensen Ackles played Sammy’s (Alison Sweeney) twin brother, Eric. 😆 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Omg. That is such a throwback. I watched when Marlena was possessed by the devil and Jensen Ackles played Sammy’s (Alison Sweeney) twin brother, Eric. 😆 

Did you see Marlena's most recent Possession? We should probably take this to small talk or the DOOL board on here.

• Love 2

Anyone know if the girl @ 00:58 on the right is former DCC Deanna Hernandez (2005-06 squad)?  There's other former DCCs and TCCs in it but never noticed her before. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Anyone know if the girl @ 00:58 on the right is former DCC Deanna Hernandez (2005-06 squad)?  There's other former DCCs and TCCs in it but never noticed her before. 

I think her name is Alexandra.  Not sure,  though.

Edited by Weeklydcc
Spelling.

RE Thunder at Alanna’s wedding…

I’m willing to bet a handful of the Laker girls marked it on the sideline like some of us would do at a DCC wedding. Any time I hear Thunderstruck I can’t really help it, even if it’s a muscle twitch. I would watch a reality show a dear friend was in, so would have picked it up. Or even practiced it with her for fun. 

I would imagine they’re less annoyed than other guests might be, because they’ll get it more as people who love to dance. 

• Love 7
On 5/7/2022 at 12:38 PM, Weeklydcc said:

I think her name is Alexandra.  Not sure,  though.

Alex Benvenuto is @ 00:46 on the right.  The one I'm asking about is @  00:58 on the right side next to Whitney (DMD vet) whose on the left.. 

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Alex Benvenuto is @ 00:46 on the right.  The one I'm asking about is @  00:58 on the right side next to Whitney (DMD vet) whose on the left.. 

A ha.  That certainly looks like her.

I know I'm VERY late but I'm disappointed Making the team didn't mention valley ranch being buldosed and used for housing. I was actually thinking about visiting there as (I think), the DCCs started training camp there since the 70s. But I guess time has to move on 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Heather looks cute. Wonder why she waited several years before trying out for another team. I guess I could say the same about the fact Milan waited a few years since leaving DCC to go Warriors.

6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She will make it back 

Really? Do Titans have a habit of never/rarely cutting their returning vets? I don't really follow them.

Does Heather still work for that university Vaudeville (spelling?) dance team? I do love how her rookie year with titans had some of her students from there as a teammates too. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Uk-Eve said:

Heather looks cute. Wonder why she waited several years before trying out for another team. I guess I could say the same about the fact Milan waited a few years since leaving DCC to go Warriors.

Really? Do Titans have a habit of never/rarely cutting their returning vets? I don't really follow them.

Does Heather still work for that university Vaudeville (spelling?) dance team? I do love how her rookie year with titans had some of her students from there as a teammates too. 

She looked great this past season as far as I know she still coaches that team and she also teaches classes at the dance studio the choreographer for the titan cheer team owns 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Sorry, jumping in.  Heather H. works with Vanderbilt Univ’s dance team.  
That’s all😁

• Love 6
On 4/27/2022 at 9:42 PM, Uk-Eve said:

Her rookie class had Danielle, Jenna, Jasmine goode, Kelsey bond etc on the team she went by first and middle name "jessica marie". I think she kind of flew under the raider because some of the girls in her rookie year was massive fan favorite etc. One of her friends from uni (I think she went to FSU,) was I think (I need to rewatch the older seasons) was Jessica Kalil tried out the following year and they were seen looking at apartments that year (Jessica's 2nd year and her uni friend's rookie season etc) and they were doing that rock paper scissors to decide who to get the rooms

Shes a 5 year and then all star for 2 years etc

She actually met her husband on a Southwestern flight (think they sat next to each other on the flight) and are now married and have a kid 

https://www.instagram.com/lovejessmarie/

Thank you!

5 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Maddie is going to California from what I gathered for work.  Saw some nice pictures of a going away party for her! Wishing her the best.  

I would have loved to have seen Maddie be an All-Star for a year or two more! It seems like Lacey and Danielle have probably retired from All-Stars as well. I wonder about the others, Amy L? Didn't we find out last May which retiring vets became All-Stars? 

• Love 3