Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

I'm miffed about Josh getting contemporary instead of ballroom.  He's only done Latin and he'll sail into the finals thanks to Sharna's desperate fans.  By the end of Week 3 the rest of the couples will have each done at least one Latin dance and one ballroom dance.  

• Love 1

I'm pouting that they put Adam and Mirai on the same "dance off team."  I'm assuming the loser in each dance-off team will be at a huge disadvantage and those three will go home - so they're setting up for a final of Adam v. Tonya v.  Josh I guess (though it might be Chris but Foxtrots generally are duller than anything else.)

Two theories, probably both wrong, but 1 Mirai and Alan aren't getting the viewer votes (though I keep thinking they aren't even counting them this stupid series) or 2 They want Tonya there to the end, for the controversy/redemption/shock/schlock factor.  They did give Mirai that crybaby over getting a 7 edit which did her no favors.  This is the most rigged season ever, and that's sayin' something!

• Love 2
(edited)
Spoiler

Let me get this straight.  It's a four week season which already means athletes are only going to learn a handful of dances and they still threw contemporary in the mix.  And threw it to Adam (of course!) and Josh.  So presuming there are also freestyles in the final week, they are going to learn like 3-4 ballroom dances overall?

Ok. It seems weird that Adam is doing a contemporary set to music that he  skated to in an exhibition in the 15-16 season, and for his free skate in both the 16’-17’ and 17’-18’ seasons.  The season is only 4 episodes, I feel like we deserve to see him dance to something else.  I was really looking forward to seeing him dance to some different styles. 

Edited by BelleBrit
9 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I'm pouting that they put Adam and Mirai on the same "dance off team."  I'm assuming the loser in each dance-off team will be at a huge disadvantage and those three will go home - so they're setting up for a final of Adam v. Tonya v.  Josh I guess (though it might be Chris but Foxtrots generally are duller than anything else.)

Two theories, probably both wrong, but 1 Mirai and Alan aren't getting the viewer votes (though I keep thinking they aren't even counting them this stupid series) or 2 They want Tonya there to the end, for the controversy/redemption/shock/schlock factor.  They did give Mirai that crybaby over getting a 7 edit which did her no favors.  This is the most rigged season ever, and that's sayin' something!

No season will ever be more rigged than Season 18 (just ask Charlie White).....but this one is definitely a close second.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

No season will ever be more rigged than Season 18 (just ask Charlie White).....but this one is definitely a close second.

Yeah, it does seem rigged for Adam...err, I mean Jenna...err, I mean Val.

• Love 1

One thing I said from the beginning is I actually think it's easier in some ways to rig a 4 week season...and by rig, I mean manipulate to get the results they want...then rig a full season.  Because we don't see enough of any celebs here to form any sort of attachment to override TPTB's plans.  Someone like Chris would be the kind of contestant to benefit from a full season where people would get a chance to get to know him and he could have an improvement arc and have the kind of attitude viewers tend to like.  Also since each dancer only does a handful of dancers, TPTB can just shrug their shoulders and pretend it's all random.  In a full season, most celebs have to get the dances not suited to them eventually.

I really can't see anyone but Adam winning. I get why he may be controversial in more conservative America but the season isn't long enough for anyone to get to know anyone else, and while I think Mirai may be a better dancer than Adam, I don't see her personality endearing her to people.  The others aren't known enough and aren't being given enough time to make any sort of impression.

Ratings also are continuing to tank for this mini season, so I don't think it's something TPTB will do again unless forced.  It got beat by The Voice, which isn't shocking since people were already invested in The Voice season before this started so they weren't going to abandon that to jump to this.  7.6 million viewers or so and a 1.0 demo rating.

• Love 3

I don't get why they couldn't have moved it to another day to do a full season. A mini season just doesn't make any sense at all. Yes, there were several people who could have been decent dancers if given the chance, like Chris and Arike. Why even compete against the Voice at all?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't get why they couldn't have moved it to another day to do a full season. A mini season just doesn't make any sense at all. Yes, there were several people who could have been decent dancers if given the chance, like Chris and Arike. Why even compete against the Voice at all?

Isn't it usually up against The Voice? I think the mini season was more because they blew the budget on AI and didn't have the money for a full season.

Until the past few years, I always tended to enjoy the spring season more than the fall season. I don't know if it was because we got the football players in the spring seasons but there just always seemed to be better contestants. My favorite seasons (8, 10 and 24) were all even/spring seasons. 

1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

Isn't it usually up against The Voice? I think the mini season was more because they blew the budget on AI and didn't have the money for a full season.

Until the past few years, I always tended to enjoy the spring season more than the fall season. I don't know if it was because we got the football players in the spring seasons but there just always seemed to be better contestants. My favorite seasons (8, 10 and 24) were all even/spring seasons. 

I don't think the problem is that it's up against The Voice, but normally new seasons of both would start about the same time so viewers have a chance to choose what they want to watch.  I think part of the issue here is The Voice was already well underway by the time DWTS started so viewers that were already invested there weren't going to shrug it off to watch a 4 week mini DWTS season.  But Tom and everyone involved keeps saying they didn't have a choice about the mini season and the timing of it, and yes, it partly has to do with AI.

I'm actually one that wouldn't mind if DWTS moved to 1x a year.  I think it would prolong the life left in the show and it would make it more of an event season to season.  Obviously the pros wouldn't like it since it cuts into their tv time and overall salaries, but I think it's about time.

Doesn't the spring season usually get better ratings, though? It seems like they totally wasted this season, when they could have done a full season and got some decent ratings. A mini-season would have been perfect for the summer, like season 1.

I don't want only one season. This is the only show I really watch. An extra summer session would be nice!

I quit this show long, long ago and only tuned in this time because it’s short and a new theme, so figured I’d give it another chance.  And Adam and Tonya sounded interesting.  

Not much is new.  I miss the Houghs.  I won’t be back in fall, I don’t think.  

4 hours ago, spanana said:

I don't think the problem is that it's up against The Voice, but normally new seasons of both would start about the same time so viewers have a chance to choose what they want to watch.  I think part of the issue here is The Voice was already well underway by the time DWTS started so viewers that were already invested there weren't going to shrug it off to watch a 4 week mini DWTS season.  But Tom and everyone involved keeps saying they didn't have a choice about the mini season and the timing of it, and yes, it partly has to do with AI.

I'm actually one that wouldn't mind if DWTS moved to 1x a year.  I think it would prolong the life left in the show and it would make it more of an event season to season.  Obviously the pros wouldn't like it since it cuts into their tv time and overall salaries, but I think it's about time.

I think going to once a year would be the end of the show very quickly. People would move on to other shows, and those would be coming back in the fall.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, spanana said:

23 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't want only one season. This is the only show I really watch. An extra summer session would be nice!

19 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I think going to once a year would be the end of the show very quickly. People would move on to other shows, and those would be coming back in the fall.

I would welcome a single season.  I think it would lessen my growing irritation with the show if it wasn't on as much.  Amazing Race did a few years with two seasons, but I found I enjoyed it more when it was only on once a year.  It seemed more special.  

Edited by Thadeeeyus
7 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Meryl, Nastia & Von will be back this week to "mentor"

https://www.etonline.com/dancing-with-the-stars-meryl-davis-nastia-liukin-von-miller-returning-to-ballroom-as-mentors-102037

Also someone from production posted a picture that accidentally reveals the 6 potential final dances, freestyles & songs if you zoom into the background (spoilers ahoy)

Hide contents

This pisses me off. The contestants have such a short time as it is, why cut into that with former contestants? Anything to ensure Val's girlfriend gets the win.

I can't read that pic?

• Love 1

I dont understand how Nastia got asked back as mentor. Didnt she struggle a bit her season. I mean it took her minute to get her footing in. 

Im not here for them adding contemporary as a standard dance in such a short season. They should have made all the standard dances ballroom and latin and save contemporary and any other genre for the freestyles if need be.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I dont understand how Nastia got asked back as mentor. Didnt she struggle a bit her season. I mean it took her minute to get her footing in. 

Im not here for them adding contemporary as a standard dance in such a short season. They should have made all the standard dances ballroom and latin and save contemporary and any other genre for the freestyles if need be.

This season has been a huge disappointment in every way imaginable. It's getting to the point where the only reason it's worth watching is to see what Erin's wearing (her dress was gorgeous last week).

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, vdw84 said:

She also was not liked very well by the show's crew which resulted in some less than flattering moments.  

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

This season has been a huge disappointment in every way imaginable. It's getting to the point where the only reason it's worth watching is to see what Erin's wearing (her dress was gorgeous last week).

They r def. setting this season up for Jenna to win. I mean they even give her one of the most beloved contestants and actual winner of their season Meryl for mentor while others get mentors who either werent the great or not wellliked, its so unfair. 

Well have u all heard about the beef supposedly going on between Alan and Sasha. Apparently Sasha was not happy about something Alan said about Tonya but I dont believe it was Alan. I think it was Adam. I have never known Adam to throw any shade at anyone even if its warrant.

Edited by vdw84
Didnt mean to post

Someone used DWTS as part of a study to prove that the longer someone judges something, the more positive their reviews get. 

https://news.virginia.edu/content/amazon-dancing-stars-judges-ratings-rise-over-time?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Kieran O’Connor and Amar Cheema, both professors in the University of Virginia’s McIntire School of Commerce, used the show in a new paper being heralded in the academic world and in magazines like The Economist.

In it, they prove that when judges evaluate something repeatedly over time, they tend to give higher scores – whether they are evaluating a dance competition, an essay or some other feat.

2 hours ago, vdw84 said:

They r def. setting this season up for Jenna to win. I mean they even give her one of the most beloved contestants and actual winner of their season Meryl for mentor while others get mentors who either werent the great or not wellliked, its so unfair. 

Well have u all heard about the beef supposedly going on between Alan and Sasha. Apparently Sasha was not happy about something Alan said about Tonya but I dont believe it was Alan. I think it was Adam. I have never known Adam to throw any shade at anyone even if its warrant.

It's Sasha and Adam, and of course Val had to stick his nose into it. 

4 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

It's Sasha and Adam, and of course Val had to stick his nose into it. 

Yeah and I meant to say that have never known Alan to be shady not Adam. Adam seems like shade is middle name.

• Love 5
(edited)

I was wondering how long it would be before Meryl came on. It took her this long? I guess Jenna will have to pretend to be her bestie again. And of course Val and Maks will have to make their usual appearance.

This season is such a joke. I didn't watch the first episode, but I watched the second. It was totally predictable. I did not care for the way they made Jenny and Mirai look like divas. Now they are pushing Tonya Harding as Everywoman? LMAO. I agree they are tilting the scales towards Adam, but I'm so disgusted by their support of Tonya Harding that I don't even care. It would be a pleasant surprise if Mirai, Chris or Josh took the whole thing.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 1
On 2/12/2018 at 10:52 PM, kitcloudkicker said:

Sorry, don't know how to delete the above quote which I must have accidently quoted.

On 5/12/2018 at 5:54 PM, vdw84 said:

I agree.  Meryl makes sense to mentor.  Nastia was not liked even though she was good and Von is a forgettable choice.  I don't remember him being that great.  If they cared, they would have asked Emmitt or Donald Driver as a football mentor.  For a more current choice, Calvin was also liked and made it to the finals.  Rashad would have been a good choice too if he didn't just judge.  And then you have David Ross as a judge?  Why?  I guess they just want baseball fans to watch because I don't see him being a good judge.  He is well liked so I'll give him that.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:08 AM, vdw84 said:

Yeah and I meant to say that have never known Alan to be shady not Adam. Adam seems like shade is middle name.

I don't like Tonya, but yes, Adam shouldn't have shot off his mouth about her. He might have just messed up his chances of winning and made some people vote for her.

I was wondering how long it would be before Meryl came on. It took her this long? I guess Jenna will have to pretend to be her bestie again. And of course Val and Maks will have to make their usual appearance.

The only saving grace is that Maks and Val have a show tonight so they can't be there.

22 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

Sorry, don't know how to delete the above quote which I must have accidently quoted.

I agree.  Meryl makes sense to mentor.  Nastia was not liked even though she was good and Von is a forgettable choice.  I don't remember him being that great.  If they cared, they would have asked Emmitt or Donald Driver as a football mentor.  For a more current choice, Calvin was also liked and made it to the finals.  Rashad would have been a good choice too if he didn't just judge.  And then you have David Ross as a judge?  Why?  I guess they just want baseball fans to watch because I don't see him being a good judge.  He is well liked so I'll give him that.

Meryl is the only one who made the finals if I'm not mistaken. So yes, another push to hand the mirrorball to Jenna/the fam.

21 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't like Tonya, but yes, Adam shouldn't have shot off his mouth about her. He might have just messed up his chances of winning and made some people vote for her.

I didn’t hear what he said but I support any shade he delivered. Tonya is disliked by the Olympic community beyond skaters.  She showed unsportsmanlike behavior to the most extreme level.  What she did was despicable and the recent movie and its praise has reopened the wound she created.  

Adam has a bright future and I doubt he will be disappointed should he not win.  If Tonya takes the title his disgust will be about America embracing her, not his loss.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

The only saving grace is that Maks and Val have a show tonight so they can't be there.

Meryl is the only one who made the finals if I'm not mistaken. So yes, another push to hand the mirrorball to Jenna/the fam.

Well thank goodness we don't have to see the C-brothers' mugs on TV at least. Nastia and Vonn were certainly odd choices. There are dozens of popular football players they could have called up. Emmitt always seems willing to help out. Jenna really doesn't bother me. She is a bit annoying, but she does have talent. She doesn't need to fam to shine.

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Wings said:

I didn’t hear what he said but I support any shade he delivered. Tonya is disliked by the Olympic community beyond skaters.  She showed unsportsmanlike behavior to the most extreme level.  What she did was despicable and the recent movie and its praise has reopened the wound she created.  

Adam has a bright future and I doubt he will be disappointed should he not win.  If Tonya takes the title his disgust will be about America embracing her, not his loss.  

The weird thing is that he really didn't say anything terrible about her. He just pointed out that she got banned from figure skating because she did a bad thing, not because people were out to get her. He also went on to say he was happy for her because she was having her moment. They took what he said out of context for drama.

He should have known though that the media would run away with it and make Harding the victim again, as usual. I hope his candor doesn't cost him.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 5
(edited)

The weird thing is that he really didn't say anything terrible about her. He just pointed out that she got banned from figure skating because she did a bad thing, not because people were out to get her. He also went on to say he was happy for her because she was having her moment. They took what he said out of context for drama.

He should have known though that the media would run away with it and make Harding the victim again, as usual. I hope his candor doesn't cost him.

Oh good god.  Is there not enough to complain about without involving ice skaters?  

Edited by Wings
(edited)
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

YMMV but it's not shade to state the truth. It's not like Adam made a snarky comment that he was worried about Tonya taking a lead pipe to his knee. All he said was that it was nice that she had a moment but that it was important to remember that skating wasn't taken from her but that she was banned for doing something bad. And that is the damned truth. Many people side-eyed Tonya's whole, "skating was taken away from me" line in her first package because it's not true. And that's actually been the story of Tonya for a lot of people - i.e., she's her own worse enemy. A lot of people would like to finally move on and give Tonya a chance.  But then she says shit like skating being taken from her and it makes people feel like she still doesn't get it. That she's still acting like she was the victim in the situation and still taking no accountability for her actions. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 17

He was more tactful than I would've been.  I would've also refuted her claim to have been 'the best in the world'.  

11 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Von came in 7th place on his season 22.   Why would he be chosen as mentor.  He couldn't even show up for a rehearsal and that bumper dance was not good.  They couldn't find anyone  else???  I don't get Nastia either (4th place in season 20), though at least she showed up and tried to give a little advise.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Uke said:

Von came in 7th place on his season 22.   Why would he be chosen as mentor.  He couldn't even show up for a rehearsal and that bumper dance was not good.  They couldn't find anyone  else???  I don't get Nastia either (4th place in season 20), though at least she showed up and tried to give a little advise.

Yeah, so I thought Meryl made sense (she won; she skates just like Adam and Mirai).

I think Nastia made more sense for Tonya than for Jennie. Nastia is similar in height and she did dance with Sasha. I was trying to think of another female athlete who placed reasonably high and who was not a gymnast or a figure skater and the only one that came to mind was Paige Van Zant, who has less of a connection with either of the celebrities' sports or the pros. So in that context Nastia makes sense. 

Von made the least sense because he did not do that well in his season and he didn't even mentor them in person. I get that he was paired with Witney and he plays football. They could have gotten Antonio (BOOMIN') Brown who was paired with Sharna and who also played football, who placed higher than Von. Or James Hinchcliffe, who was also paired with Sharna. 

• Love 1
On 5/10/2018 at 2:44 AM, Morrigan said:

Congrats, you nailed it.

• Love 4

I thought the primary comments causing consternation with Adam were the flippant remark about trying to kill someone, and "Don't judge a book by its trailer" at 34:52 here, wherein Jenna's reaction seems revealing:

• Love 1

Some people say Tonya didnt ever apologize to Nancy for her role she played in the attack but its a video on youtube where she indeed did apologize her. This was back in the 90s, its an old interview that I came across when I was looking up stuff on her movie. I dont know if many know about this interview but she indeed did apologize for the incident. Look, only God can judge a person and I do feel like Tonya is genuinely trying restart her life after having such a horrible upbringing. She is not perfect and made many mistakes but she is human and deserve to be forgiven. Besides people expected Paula Deen to be cut some slack when she was on dwts for old racist remarks she made so I dont see the problem with Tonya being forgiven for mistake she made years ago when she young, dumb and surrounded by horrible people. Atleast Tonya has a great excuse for her misdeeds, her homelife was severely damaged from young age on. What was Paula excuse besides being a southern bell who didnt know better, yeah ok.

• Love 2

Im truly sad about Alan being eliminated, I wanted to see his freestyle  but I kinda seen it coming. Mirai just wasnt connecting to the audience the way Adam was and I think she was too focus on winning and competing against her bestie to really. She needed to relax more and be herself and of course that valley girl talk was not helping her situation either. On the bright side, I get to finally see Sasha freestyle after all these seasons, so Im happy about that. 

Im would love to see Sharna finally take it but I dont know but I think its going to come down to Adam or Tonya. They both have stories that resonate with alot of people and have done well in this competition. Josh may be more what GP like, the safe choice. Everybody loves a good football player that can dance but I think it he has been pretty much push under the radar and this may not be sharna's season.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Some people say Tonya didnt ever apologize to Nancy for her role she played in the attack but its a video on youtube where she indeed did apologize her. This was back in the 90s, its an old interview that I came across when I was looking up stuff on her movie. I dont know if many know about this interview but she indeed did apologize for the incident. Look, only God can judge a person and I do feel like Tonya is genuinely trying restart her life after having such a horrible upbringing. She is not perfect and made many mistakes but she is human and deserve to be forgiven. Besides people expected Paula Deen to be cut some slack when she was on dwts for old racist remarks she made so I dont see the problem with Tonya being forgiven for mistake she made years ago when she young, dumb and surrounded by horrible people. Atleast Tonya has a great excuse for her misdeeds, her homelife was severely damaged from young age on. What was Paula excuse besides being a southern bell who didnt know better, yeah ok.

If you can find the link again on youtube, would you mind posting it?

I was all about the Tonya and Nancy drama in the 3rd grade. It was always my weekly current event that I "covered" for the class. I actually was not very impressed with I, Tonya at all.  I went in with an open mind, but it seemed very convenient for both Tonya AND Jeff to blame everything on the dead guy.  There was a pretty good tv movie at the time (it's on youtube now I think, Tonya and Nancy: The Inside Story), I actually thought that it gave more of a nuanced view than I, Tonya.  Plus it gives "this is what Jeff said happened" and then "but this is what Tonya said happened" scenes. And it does get into Tonya's life and hardships, so it's not like the abuse wasn't covered at the time.

Edited by BelleBrit
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, BelleBrit said:

If you can find the link again on youtube, would you mind posting it?

Im going to try to find that interview again. I have looked and looked and I wish I had bookmarked it because Im having trouble finding it and it could have been taken down by whoever posted it. I wonder do Tonya even realize she did an interview back in the day where she apologized. I know Nancy mentioned in an fairly recent interview that Tonya neve apologized but she indeed did and Nancy was present when she did it. It was an interview with the both of them. Tbh, Nancy wasnt the nicest person herself. Its video proof of her acting snooty at some Disney Parade and other stuff that has been said about her. I mean its still no excuse for her to get attack the way she did but im just sayin she wasnt the little innocent princess everyone thought she was.

• Love 1

Nancy was human.  The fact that the media made her a hero after she was violently attacked and then recovered/got silver at the Olympics (really quite an accomplishment considering she had a reputation for being a bit of a headcase), and then turned on her the SECOND that she turned back into a human and made some remarks while on a hot mike says more about the American media culture than it does about her, to be honest.  It's also interesting to see Nancy vs Tonya treatment now that they have both been on Dancing with the Stars.  I think that I read something about Margot Robbie attending a DWTS show to support Tonya (maybe she'll go to the finale), but I don't know if it's just a rumor.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

There have been a lot of people in need of redemption who have been on the show. I keep thinking of Ryan Lochte.

14 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Im truly sad about Alan being eliminated, I wanted to see his freestyle  but I kinda seen it coming. Mirai just wasnt connecting to the audience the way Adam was and I think she was too focus on winning and competing against her bestie to really. She needed to relax more and be herself and of course that valley girl talk was not helping her situation either. On the bright side, I get to finally see Sasha freestyle after all these seasons, so Im happy about that. 

Im would love to see Sharna finally take it but I dont know but I think its going to come down to Adam or Tonya. They both have stories that resonate with alot of people and have done well in this competition. Josh may be more what GP like, the safe choice. Everybody loves a good football player that can dance but I think it he has been pretty much push under the radar and this may not be sharna's season.

While I continue to run hot and cold with Sharna (I like her best when she's far away from the fam), I would rather see her win in a full season than this cheap excuse for one. And I'd rather see her win it legitimately, not the manipulated way Maks won his.

5 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Im going to try to find that interview again. I have looked and looked and I wish I had bookmarked it because Im having trouble finding it and it could have been taken down by whoever posted it. I wonder do Tonya even realize she did an interview back in the day where she apologized. I know Nancy mentioned in an fairly recent interview that Tonya neve apologized but she indeed did and Nancy was present when she did it. It was an interview with the both of them. Tbh, Nancy wasnt the nicest person herself. Its video proof of her acting snooty at some Disney Parade and other stuff that has been said about her. I mean its still no excuse for her to get attack the way she did but im just sayin she wasnt the little innocent princess everyone thought she was.

I'm not excusing Tonya but I've always thought Nancy was a snooty bitch.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I'm not excusing Tonya but I've always thought Nancy was a snooty bitch.

I actually find Tonya more likable than I did Nancy on dwts. 

• Love 5

I didn't want Paula Deen or Lochte on the show, either. There are plenty of decent folks out there. Why do they keep getting thugs and criminals and racists? No wonder their ratings keep dropping. The show was a lot better when people like Jerry Springer were there for controversy.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I would also like to see the video and I appreciate your effort in re-finding it. Thanks!

(edited)
4 hours ago, BelleBrit said:

Nancy was human.  The fact that the media made her a hero after she was violently attacked and then recovered/got silver at the Olympics (really quite an accomplishment considering she had a reputation for being a bit of a headcase), and then turned on her the SECOND that she turned back into a human and made some remarks while on a hot mike says more about the American media culture than it does about her, to be honest.  It's also interesting to see Nancy vs Tonya treatment now that they have both been on Dancing with the Stars.  I think that I read something about Margot Robbie attending a DWTS show to support Tonya (maybe she'll go to the finale), but I don't know if it's just a rumor.

IIRC Nancy was "proclaimed" snooty by the media covering the Disney parade.  She herself said she felt embarrassed having this parade and being the center of attention.  She was tired and just wanted to go home, made a non-pc comment on a hot mic and has forever since been lambasted for it.

It's kind of become a thing for famous people to say (with cheesy fake enthusiasm) "I'm going to Disneyland" after completing some athletic accomplishment and some announcer asks "what's next for you".  It's like they are being encouraged/arm-twisted into participating in a Disney commercial.  

Also, please correct me if I'm under the wrong impression but wasn't I Tonya just theatrical point-of-view and not a documentary?  I don't even think it was categorized as a docu-drama.

Also I saw Margo Robbie on ET regarding some other topic and she was asked if she would go support Tonya at DWTS.  She said she'd try to attend.  She looked like she was caught off-guard (my impression) so I'm not sure if she was actually interested or just giving a polite response.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 3

Uke,

Tonya apologized on a special called "Breaking the Ice." It was a pretty long video, but you can find it on You Tube. I'm not sure exactly where the apology was, but pretty sure that was the program.

I'm of the opinion that she apologized because she got caught and not really because she was sorry.

• Love 1