Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Warning Signs

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I swear, I've never seen him before. I'm so glad we have this forum, to keep me informed.

Have we ever seen the two bearded, dark-haired Saviors before?

‘Jed’ the one Carol stabbed was first seen on the bridge laughing at Justin, his mate DJ was first seen chasing Coral into the sewer after Negans attack on Alex.

You could almost feel Carols desperation to put a bullet in the pair of them.

Sorry NDP, you’re post wasn’t there when I started composing, I don’t know how it could have been 13 minutes ago though! 

• Love 4

Thanks, guys, for the IDs. I still don't remember any of them. There are just too many people being introduced and then disposed of for me to keep track or care.

22 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

If he's sticking around as a general pain in the ass who shouldn't have lived, I wish they'd have cast Zack McGowan in that role instead because I don't know this actor from anyone.

I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed. I was really interested in him joining the cast and hoping to see him stick around and maybe be a worthy adversary instead of a bunch of interchangeable, "no-name" sneering bad guys. I'm wondering what happened there, that they would take Zach - someone who can actually act -  on board, give him about six sentences, then ditch him. It's very weird.

• Love 2

I thought that episode was one of the best in a very, very long time, only one small piece of silliness. I don’t think Kang is  one to be dragging things out unnecessarily, she’s getting things done in the right amount of time to make the point, yet keep things interesting. Arat getting whacked, loved it along with the Jadis storyline. I’m actually starting to look forward to the next episode again, the toughest test for the show is coming up soon and I think Kang has handled the fizzing bomb she was given, as well as could have been hoped. Fingers crossed for the transition into a Rick free world.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed. I was really interested in him joining the cast and hoping to see him stick around and maybe be a worthy adversary instead of a bunch of interchangeable, "no-name" sneering bad guys. I'm wondering what happened there, that they would take Zach - someone who can actually act -  on board, give him about six sentences, then ditch him. It's very weird.

Maybe Norman Reedus thought there was only room for one growly, grumbly, greasy haired character on TWD.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Dare I say this episode was actually kind of  . . . good? It's the first time I've really been engaged since maybe Season 6. It felt more like the show I used to know. I'm intrigued by whoever Jadis is talking to and I liked the reveal that the Oceanside women are the ones responsible for the disappearances. I totally thought they were going somewhere else with this. And when Maggie and Daryl just decided to walk away and let them finish the execution I got a little chill. Now, if they follow through and kill Negan I will jump for joy, literally. He's the last remaining stumbling block to getting this show back on track. 

No kidding. I cannot stand either the character Negan or how the actor has portrayed him. I want him gone. I'd love revenge but at this point, I'll settle for any option including a bad case of the flu. 

• Love 2

So Grumpy Cat has turned into Silly Cat, a baby waiting at home and she’s taking on a bunch of Walkers with a six inch knife, c’mon writers / runner, you just had to do it, the obligatory Oh Please! moment per episode. Just ironing out this persistent wrinkle will make such a difference.

Ok, more thoughts. I think the writers LOVVVVE this bridge plotline as a metaphor for Rick bridging the gap between the groups. They think they are being soooooooooo clever - I say boo. The water that bridge was traversing is definitely surmountable - maybe not for wagons, but people and supplies and horses, heck yeah. Howabout pulling all the people working on that bridge and have them explore to find land to grow food?

Negan and Rick both share the same goal - a large group that protects itself. Negan did it thru intimidation, Rick is trying to do it thru bartering and diplomacy. Maybe this is why Rick is keeping Negan around?

I'm going to need a players roster to keep track of who is in what group and what they believe.

What was the whole point of that house of boarded up zombies? Such a minor scene to just convey some other checkpoint team hadn't checked in. Could've done that with two lines of dialogue.

Everybody's getting all revengy, except Rick and Michonne who appear to be living in la la happyplace land.

• Love 4

At least Oceanside had the ovaries to do what Rick was too cowardly to do over a year and a half ago. 

Kill Negan, get rid of gestapo/soldiers who were happy to go along with him and then integrate the followers/slaves into the other communities.

I am so ready for Rick to be dead, his repetitive braindead ramblings about the future need to stop. The script still sucks as badly as it ever did.

RIP Charles Vane. You were a much better pirate than Negan ever was and should have been kept alive instead of him.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 4

I'm enjoying this season so far even though Rick does seem oddly passive and not himself. I really don't know what the answer would be here. Negan should absolutely die, but since the show won't let that happen, we are stuck with him. As far as the others, of course I would want anyone who harmed a friend or family member dead. But then where does that all end? Then their friends want you dead, your new friends want them dead and it is endless fighting. In the end, they won't be able to survive and have a future for their kids unless they have people. They need healers, people who can grow things, people that can make things, people that can fight and people that can build. 

I don't like having so many groups. I really can't remember who is with each group and the fact that they spend so much time traveling around the different groups is exhausting. I also don't like it that Maggie spends so little time with her baby. I like having woman leaders, but Herschel doesn't have anyone else but her. Judith at least has Michonne, Rick, and even Daryl and she did have Carl. The stuff with Jadis/Ann is just bizarre. No one else sees the mystery helicopter? And what changed FPP from one category to another? The actor who plays FPP looks different for some reason and it isn't the eye. He seems puffy or something, I don't know. I do like his character though-the idea of a fighting priest is kind of intriguing.

And I still can't understand Daryl. 

• Love 3

So my biggest "cool" moment was when Maggie and the Oceanside gal approached the zombified house. With a nod to The Night of the Living Dead, you saw the same burned out pick up truck right next to the gas pump with the house boarded up in a similiar manner as the original.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

TTD informs me the main bearded guy is Jed, and last episode was the first time we'd ever seen him.  If he's sticking around as a general pain in the ass who shouldn't have lived, I wish they'd have cast Zack McGowan in that role instead because I don't know this actor from anyone.  And I promise this is where I'll stop mourning the waste of McGowan in a throwaway role.

IDK why they hired ZM either, but it doesn't surprise me that they've already gotten rid of him.  TWD/AMC wouldn't even pay CR. You know they're not going to cough up the money to pay  "name" actors, except for short runs. I'm sure Jed, or Mud, or whatever he's called came cheap. In fact, as the ratings and ad revenue go down you can expect a lot more B-list (C or D-list) actors and short, but heavily promoted, runs by actors that are more known.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Excluding animal deaths, nothing on TWD will ever be as horrible to watch as the keelhauling was on Black Sails.  Nothing gets more graphic than that.

Rick has said that they need the Saviors to help rebuild that bridge.  I would hope TPTB would go into greater detail as to why that bridge is so important.  If that bridge is nothing more than a shortcut, and they all can get around by other means, then I don't think the bridge is that big of a deal. 

The fact that Rick needs Saviors to help rebuild the bridge just proves the point that Saviors have the numbers should another battle break out.

I think Rick may be exaggerating the need for the Saviors to rebuild the bridge in order to justify their existence and all the welfare that the Hilltop was sending them.   

If you need a  bunch of psycho killers, torturers, rapists, etc. to build your bridge, maybe you should do with out it, or just  take longer to build it, yourselves.    

• Love 6

I wish they'd have cast Zack McGowan in that role instead because I don't know this actor from anyone.  And I promise this is where I'll stop mourning the waste of McGowan in a throwaway role.

Honestly I don't have a problem with them killing off this guy so quickly. For one thing it totally took me by surprise which is something this show hasn't accomplished in God knows how long. For another, I am not in favor of the show casting guest actors who are well known to TV audiences because it takes me right out of the show. That's part of the problem I've had with Negan - all I see is Jeffrey Dean Morgan chewing up the scenery. There was nobody in this cast I'd seen in anything else aside from Norman Reedus and that made it feel more real to me. 

What was the whole point of that house of boarded up zombies?

Good question - I think GustavMahler has the best theory a few posts above. The shot of the fingers reaching between the plywood boards was also a callback to the original opening title sequence. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The probably should have had some sort of war crimes tribunal to punish the Saviors, rather than just expecting everyone to forgive and forget.  

This this THIS!!!  

The Saviors committed acts which would be considered atrocities in ANY age. Prosecution and punishment for those crimes would be JUSTICE, not revenge - a moral imperative, in fact - and if Rick can no recognize the difference, he has no business being a leader in any capacity.

And I fail to see how Rick and his current WWCD* point of view should trump any of that - or why any of the populace should accept it, for that matter.

* What Would Coral Do?

6 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I realize this is probably an unpopular opinion but I've been watching this show since the pilot episode and it has gotten almost unwatchable. There are too many characters who give one-paragraph soliloquies in lieu of actual development and we are supposed to care about them? I don't even remember their names/faces from one scene to the next. Now that there are five thousand (approx.) groups all combined I don't even remember which groups these individuals started out with. Not to mention that the show is so dark, visually, that I can't see or recognize people anyway. I find myself wondering "am I supposed to know who that is?" in almost every scene. 

Not at all - this has been the primary (and frequently-voiced) complaint of us long-timers for the last 2-3 seasons, in fact.  Character development has gone to shit.

3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

oh, and what the hell happened to Heath?  

Got another job.  ;)

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

The fact that Rick needs Saviors to help rebuild the bridge just proves the point that Saviors have the numbers should another battle break out.

I respectfully disagree.  Maggie spelled it out pretty plain from the viewpoint of the other settlements; in the intervening time since the Last Battle, the surviving Saviors have been woefully deficient in pulling their own weight.  The Sanctuary represents a constant drain of supplies and resources on the other communities - particularly on Hilltop, which appears to be the primary food exporter - and contributes little in return.  The Saviors have an ethanol production in process, but the return received in the exchange is nowhere near equitable; the fuel batches produced are small, and Savior delivery of even those small batches has not been dependable.  And the Saviors know this, but deflect.

Considering the deficiency in communal contribution, I thought Maggie’s proposition - the Saviors supplement their shortfall by providing a larger proportion of the manpower necessary to complete the bridge - was entirely fair.  But the Saviors’ reactions at large indicate fairness is the last thing on their minds; they want to grab as much as they can get, for minimal outlay of effort.  And that’s the old Negan way, which should not be allowed to stand.

Edited by Nashville
Grammar
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Oceanside was killing the Saviors but we still don't know who is intercepting the trading between the camps.  

The only ‘trade’ going missing was the Ethanol that Sanctuary owed Hilltop, when Maggie and Daryl came upon the Oceansiders executing Arat, they saw the cans of Ethanol. After they walked away from the execution they picked up the cans, which were then seen in next days daylight scenes when Maggie was talking about visiting Negan.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

It’s what she actually said that I wanted to know, the subtitles don’t work on my download.

In the first episode of this season, during the Rick/Maggie/baby Herschel scene on the Hiiltop house balcony- Rick had mentioned to Maggie she should come visit Alexandria (Judith had been asking about “Aunt Maggie at Hilltop”), but quickly added the caveat “if you’re up to it”.  Maggie’s response was brief (“Rick, I can’t.  You know I can’t”), but loaded with implication; Maggie could not bring herself to set foot in Alexandria while Negan was alive in a cell there.

Given this context, and against the backdrop of the previous night’s Oceanside execution of Arat, Maggie’s statements to Daryl in the closing scenes of this episode  (”We gave Rick’s way a chance” and “It’s time to see Negan”) are strong indicators Maggie intends to carry through with the similar form of justice Rick denied her before: Negan’s execution.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

nothing on TWD will ever be as horrible to watch as the keelhauling was on Black Sails.  Nothing gets more graphic than that.

I didn't watch that because it angered me too much, to see a well-known event in history perverted for cheap thrills and gore. Blackbeard's real death was incredibly dramatic in actual fact as he continued to fight until he was nearly decapitated but that wasn't sufficiently sadistic and twisted for this show. He was never keelhauled! This BS was just plain sick, even worse than Charles Vane, who was a vile and brutal person, so evil and cruel his own crew dumped him on an uninhabited island and left him to die, being portrayed on the show as a leather-pants clad, dread-locked, sexy rock star/hero, I guess to attract a female audience. Disappointed, I was.

2 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

I am so ready for Rick to be dead, his repetitive braindead ramblings about the future need to stop. The script still sucks as badly as it ever did.

Frankly, seeing him in the "Aww, so cute!" romping on the floor with Judith and then romping on the bed with Michonne while others suffer the frustration, anger and pain caused by him keeping Negan alive and guarding him made me sick. As long as he has what he wants, who cares about anybody else? Show, you've made us hate Rick and if that was the aim, it's a resounding success. At this point, I'd like to see Daryl take him out.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, tiredofwork said:

Finally, I am done with the Michonne character..  What the hell..  She is sitting on the steps at the feet of Rick in adoration of him and she is just not the warrior bad ass chick anymore and with that, I see no use for the character.   I am happy Danai can do her badassness in the Black Panther/Avenger franchise going forward.

I've loved Michonne too long to completely agree with you but I understand completely.  One of the reasons that Rick has the power he does is because his girlfriend is a badass who will cut your head off.  Nobody's afraid of Rick.  And in order to make Michonne Rick's 'ideal woman', she's got to have the heart cut right out of her.  The betrayal I feel is incredible.  I can see Michonne being the one who creates a new code of ethics for the world they live in but she's totally wasted on a loser like Rick.  He's so far beneath her in every way.  He's a weak, selfish man.  During his family time with Judith, did he give a second's thought to the people who actually raised that little girl?  Olivia DIED protecting Judith.  I'll bet he doesn't even remember Olivia.

Michonne at least has the shame and decency left to realize that the people she and Rick claim to care about are hurting and something needs to be done.  And I hope that her surreptitiously wiping that blood off her arm means that she's up to something she thinks she needs to keep from the loser she's fucking.  Maybe there's still hope for Michonne.

5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

His name is Kal, an original Hilltopper and one of Maggie’s trusted lieutenants. 

He's hot. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I didn't watch that because it angered me too much, to see a well-known event in history perverted for cheap thrills and gore. Blackbeard's real death was incredibly dramatic in actual fact as he continued to fight until he was nearly decapitated but that wasn't sufficiently sadistic and twisted for this show. He was never keelhauled! This BS was just plain sick, even worse than Charles Vane, who was a vile and brutal person, so evil and cruel his own crew dumped him on an uninhabited island and left him to die, being portrayed on the show as a leather-pants clad, dread-locked, sexy rock star/hero, I guess to attract a female audience. Disappointed, I was.

Glad I skipped the Pirate show!

Frankly, seeing him in the "Aww, so cute!" romping on the floor with Judith and then romping on the bed with Michonne while others suffer the frustration, anger and pain caused by him keeping Negan alive and guarding him made me sick. As long as he has what he wants, who cares about anybody else? Show, you've made us hate Rick and if that was the aim, it's a resounding success. At this point, I'd like to see Daryl take him out.

Remember when Rick and Daryl were BROTHERS?  It was the closest most passionate relationships on the show.  The night they took on Joe and the Claimers and Daryl tearfully confessed that he had no idea they were LIKE THAT is one of the most iconic moments in TWD history.  How could Rick turn his back on his brother like this?  Has he forgotten the sound of Negan's bat caving in Glenn's skull?  Or Glenn telling Maggie that he would find her?  Rick is keeping the man who did this to Glenn like he's a pet.  The surviving Saviours know what murdering Glenn means; that's why they refer to Maggie as 'the Widow'.  Carl was an honourable young man.  Rick is shitting all over his son's memory with this.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

How could Rick turn his back on his brother like this? 

Getting laid on the regular has mellowed him out and turned him cavalier and uncaring about things, like his "brother" and best friend? More likely, the show wants to make us cheer when he's gone, so we'll keep watching? I feel like I'm being scammed but can blame only myself for continuing to watch.

The surviving Saviours know what murdering Glenn means; that's why they refer to Maggie as 'the Widow'. 

Okay, so I was wondering how everyone knows she's not only a widow, but "the Widow'? I don't recall that Negan knew she and Glenn were married the night he bashed Glenn? As I recall, they knew nothing about any of them, other than that Negan knew "Rick" was their leader. The Saviors made a lot of women into widows. Of course I don't remember a lot of what I see here, so that could be my problem.

Glad I skipped the Pirate show!

The production values were stunning and breath-taking, the acting top notch and of course I know poetic license must be taken, but what they did to the real people who actually lived (like Anne Bonny and Edward Teach) was kind of unforgivable and rather despicable, IMO.

3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The actor who plays FPP looks different for some reason and it isn't the eye. He seems puffy or something, I don't know.

OMG, I was trying to figure out what was so different about him. Did he used to have a moustache and doesn't anymore? Is that it?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

The only ‘trade’ going missing was the Ethanol that Sanctuary owed Hilltop, when Maggie and Daryl came upon the Oceansiders executing Arat, they saw the cans of Ethanol. After they walked away from the execution they picked up the cans, which were then seen in next days daylight scenes when Maggie was talking about visiting Negan.

Totally missed that!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

Neither do I. Who was she?

She was the woman who started crying when Negan visited Alexandria and made an oblique reference to her weight when as she complained to him she was starving. He was "50% more" into her after she slapped his face and then he offered to go upstairs with her and screw her brains out.  Arat shot her randomly when Negan wanted someone punished for Rosita trying to shoot him. I think I got that right?

What the hell kind of name is "Arat" anyway?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I really don't understand why they were taking all that talk and intimidation from the saviors. These people already killed, raped and tortured your people once. Now they are acting like they are saviors again. And you do nothing? 

Really what do they have to do to get Rick to do something? Kill, rape and torture all over again?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, FishyJoe said:

Really what do they have to do to get Rick to do something? Kill, rape and torture all over again?

Let them rape, torture or kill Michonne, and yes - you'll see him forget the Edict of Coral and do something. Or maybe if they kidnapped Shane's daughter, but I'm not positive about that.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, FishyJoe said:

I really don't understand why they were taking all that talk and intimidation from the saviors. These people already killed, raped and tortured your people once. Now they are acting like they are saviors again. And you do nothing? 

When Jed started his smarmy shit with Maggie and Kal in the wagon - if Maggie had decided to feed him that tomato with a lead chaser, I wouldn’t have minded one damn bit.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Oceanside was killing the Saviors but we still don't know who is intercepting the trading between the camps.  

The ethanol was at the school where Maggie, and Daryl found the Oceanside women ready to get their revenge on the Savior. It shows them at the end walking down the road with the ethanol cans. So, Oceanside was taking the stuff, but not using it, just taking it along with the person they captured. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

So Jadis/Anne is still communing with the aliens or whoever and where the hell is she getting her eyebrows microbladed? "A" or "B" - Alpha or Beta? Definitely a "B", our Father Pee.

If TPTB are working hard to make Rick detestable, they can claim a stunning success. He's a mealy-mouthed, hypocritical asshole now. As long as he can pile into bed with his girlfriend every night, everyone can just quit their bitching, get over their snits and do whatever he says. Daryl mentions (finally) Glenn, Abe etc and what they might want. What does Rick care? They weren't his blood or his bed partners, so they can go pound sand. Rick probably killed more people than anyone yet when he pins on the "All life is precious" button, everyone else should agree. The Word of Rick prevails and Daryl hates him now too. Good. It's about damned time Maggie and Daryl decide to pay a little call on Negan.

Ikr? He really seems like a cop now.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Maggie and Daryl say it's time to see Negan lol. They were never that bright to begin with. 

Honest if I was around these people and I had to follow someone I pick Carol. 

Judith is a cutie. It was nice seeing the cute family stuff.

Do not care about Jadiss or Gabriel.  

Maggie and Darryls greasy hair  always look like they smell of ass. Hers, dog or horse. His, Rick's.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

and Maggie has permanent scowl face now - i know there's not much to be happy about (well other than you have adorable Hershel at home whom you are neglecting), but I get tired of looking at that sourpuss. 

Daryl must voluntarily want to look scruffy, as we've seen other people's grooming tended to.

• Love 3

I agree with many of your posts about yes executing Negan and then moving forward with a vetting process of Saviors . Those who were humble workers (faceless Background extras) get to live. Those like Arat,  etc , need to be trialed and likely executed also. Can't integrate them into "normal society." I'd like to see if there are any pre apocalypse psychiatrists on staff as well. Their business would be booming.  

I thought they've been setting up a bit of a Daryl/ Cyndie romance now. Since the 1st episode this season they've interacted a bit and he turned a blind eye to her execution of Arat.  They're setting up some commonalities between the 2 . I'd enjoy it I think although I've never been a fan of oceanside arc to begin with. But Cyndie is kind of badass. She can hang w/ Daryl.

Edited by Kdawg82
Typos
  • Love 5

Ah, so it was Oceanside!  Nice reveal, and I can totally understand why that group in particular still has some issues to deal with.

This episode really highlights how Rick seemed to bungle all the integrations.  It sounds like he basically just wanted everyone to accept all the Saviors as their own after the war ended, but the biggest takeaway is that they really should have established some kind of war tribunal, and determine punishment that way.  Obviously some of the Saviors might have truly been under Negan's thumb and are worthy of another chance, but others clearly enjoyed the power and killing others, but Rick apparently didn't try to find a way to weed them out.  So, now not only are others doing it for him, but two of his biggest allies; Maggie and Daryl; might become his biggest enemies soon.  Bad form, Rick.

Should have known Jadis wasn't going to stay well-behaved for long.  Poor Father Gabriel!

I hope they do something with Michonne soon, because she's kind of been underwhelming so far this season.  Maybe 

Spoiler

Rick's exit will get her more involved again

but if not, then I'm all for Danai Gurira getting out of her contract and maybe Marvel can have more Okoye!

Despite my issues with Rick, I'm definitely way more invested this season then I was in the last one.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Towards the end  of the show, right after the Saviours are seen trudging off to work, Maggie says something to Daryl,         “ right after ......... Gregory? ........ ........ ...........”  Any ideas, I’ve played it over and over  but can’t make it out. 

Maggie: Right after, we agreed we'd wait.

Daryl: Yeah, we did.

M; Cyndie said I showed them the way. She did the same thing for me. We gave Rick's way a chance. It's time to see Negan.

D: All right.

I thought she said something about Gregory too....I played it three times before I remembered I had subs I could check, lol!

I have to agree with those that are enjoying it so far, it's steadily improving each week. They really do need to thin the heard though; I generally recognize most of the faces but I can't remember half their names, if that. Case in point; I had to check Imdb to get Beatrice, the name of the woman from checkpoint 5 whom they found knocked out when Arat was taken. Prior to this Episode, I only knew Arat from this board, had no idea who she was. Anyway, this brings us to my only qualm with this episode, which is really just a nitpick, I know, but It bugged me; Rick Has this big talk with Daryl about how the wound that killed Justin is suspiciously similar to an arrow...like one you might use in a crossbow. Later, when they find Beatrice, Daryl picks up her weapon of choice - a fishing speargun with a projectile almost identical in description to a crossbow arrow - and hands it back to her without batting an eye. Right then and there it was obvious she was involved in the killings somehow, if not solely responsible, but he can't do the math until he sees another one of her spears sticking out of a walker.  Really?! I know they still had some episode run-time to kill at that point, but still...he could have a quick conversation with Maggie about being suspicious or something; Daryl's no genius, but he's not a complete imbecile either. He could have pulled her aside, relayed the information, then let the rest of the episode play out as it did. I don't think it would have lessened the impact of that execution scene and it could've added more weight to the disconnect between them and Rick.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Daltrey said:

Maggie: Right after, we agreed we'd wait.

Lol, thanks your a star, it was driving me nuts, I’m glad I’m not the only one who struggled with it. 

Regarding the ‘spear’, in the clip it does show Daryl giving the thing a good look over before handing it to her, so I’m sure the thought must have crossed  his mind. Maybe he’s becoming a bit more diplomatic rather than  just jumping straight in.

Who leaves valuable ammo in a Walker anyway? 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Colorado David said:

and Maggie has permanent scowl face now - i know there's not much to be happy about (well other than you have adorable Hershel at home whom you are neglecting), but I get tired of looking at that sourpuss. 

Lol,  she’s also known as Grumpy Cat, i think Jesus needs to cook her a nice meal with a few bottles of wine

C018701F-0AC9-4C76-A1BD-236E626BB5BF.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Neither do I. Who was she?

We needed Abraham here in all his ginger glory asking "who's Olivia?" 

I know who Olivia was but still ...Abe always with the important questions. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I think it also reflects just how little the Saviours have got to do, there are no crops to tend, no soil to plough and prepare. It was Maggie’s idea to trade goods for the Saviours labour, her people would spend their time working at Hilltop whilst the Hilltop’s share of duty at the bridge was covered by Saviours.

They are just a bunch of talentless thugs, used to others providing for them, cheap labour to be used as and where needed, obviously this can’t go on for very long so the situation has to boil over soon, hopefully giving the opportunity to kill most of them off. I’m surprised the Ocean Gals didn’t just kill the whole lot of them, I certainly would have done.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

My only real memory of Olivia (except for being shot) is that she wanted the pasta machine before Alexandria was attacked.

That wasn't Olivia.  That was Mrs. Neudermeyer, the woman who was killed by the Wolves while she smoked a cigarette.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just thought of something - what happened to Negan's harem? We haven't seen them waltzing around in their heels and black dresses. Maybe Ricky will allow conjugal visits for the Fonz.

Considering how much Negan likes to talk on - and on - and on about his little Neglet, I doubt if in reality it’s long enough to reach through the bars.

8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I think it must be a typo, surely it’s ‘A Rat’ Lol

That, or Arat’s parents were dyslexics who got stuck on the Old Testament.

5 hours ago, Daltrey said:

Rick Has this big talk with Daryl about how the wound that killed Justin is suspiciously similar to an arrow...like one you might use in a crossbow. 

Rick’s wound analysis turned out to be correct - but that was purely by accident.  

Here’s Rick’s conversation with Daryl:

Rick: That wound on Justin... looks like a puncture.  I wondered if it could be from a knife, but it’s small, round, and clean.  Smaller and cleaner than a bullet hole.  It kinda looks like an arrow hit him.  Or a bolt.

Daryl: This the kind of shit you used to do?

I totally agree, Daryl; that was a load of shit.  Standard speargun shafts range anywhere between 6.5mm (.25”) to 7.5mm (.295”) - so realistically, a full metal jacket round from ANY of the following rifle or handgun calibers could have made an identical or nearly-identical wound:

• .223 Remington / 5.56x45mm NATO (rifle)
  • .243 (rifle)
  • .25 Auto (handgun)
  • 6.5mm (rifle)
  • .270 (rifle)
  • 7mm (multiple handgun/rifle variants)
  • .30 Luger (handgun)
  • .30-06, .30-30, .30 Carbine, or 300 AAC Blackout (rifle)
  • .308 Winchester / 7.62x51mm NATO (rifle)

A FMJ rifle round would be much more likely to make a “clean” through-and-through hole than a handgun - but depending on multiple factors (distance from target, thickness of torso, bullet path avoidance of / contact with cartilage/bone, etc.), neither could definitively be ruled out.

So - I guess this means Ricky was a shitty sheriff’s deputy, who also liked to jump to conclusions...?  ;>

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

My only real memory of Olivia (except for being shot) is that she wanted the pasta machine before Alexandria was attacked.

@Josette beat me to it.  :)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3