Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

For me, personally, the reason I'd say that Gracie was more likely to be a teen mom than Ali is because Gracie acts so much like LEAH. She seems very invested in not only "prettying" herself up, but getting attention. She likely feels Ali gets a bulk of the attention, and so she seeks it out in many ways. Ali seems more serious and thoughtful, someone who would focus more on her studies and long term relationships. 

But they're still so young and it feels unfair to pinpoint anything at this time. I want the best for all three of those girls! 

Agree with this 100%. I hope for the best for all three girls too, but with a dim bulb like Leah for a mother, umm, let’s just say it doesn’t bode well for them. 

• Love 6

I was thinking the same thing about Gracie wanting attention. Ali seems more levelheaded, and also more introverted. Also, most of Leah's attention does go to Ali, and when you combine that with her weak boundaries and rules in general, and incompetence in most things she attempts, I'm betting Gracie will not have much supervision as she enters middle and high school. Can you imagine Leah caring for Ali has her health deteriorates while simultaneously staying on top of Gracie AND giving her enough attention to thrive? Plus Gracie is gorgeous, and likely to get attention from guys, just like Mommy, who has set that example. 

I don't worry as much about Addy because she seems to get plenty of attention. In fact, I think she is alone with Leah too much! They will have less time together when Addy starts school, but she will still have weekends without the twins, as well as jeremy's family's undivided attention when she's there. The only way I can see her becoming a teen mom is if she has daddy issues from Jeremy being gone so much. I am cautiously optimistic that Jeremy will maintain a closer relationship (even long-distance) with Addy when she is old enough to text him, hunt with him, and carry on a regular conversation. I do think he loves her tremendously, but finds it hard to relate to young children / thinks that's women's work / has no interest in caring for young children. Not saying this is admirable, but I do think he loves her and will be a better dad when she is more relatable to him. Maybe I'm projecting hope, but I surely do hope so. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

For me, personally, the reason I'd say that Gracie was more likely to be a teen mom than Ali is because Gracie acts so much like LEAH. She seems very invested in not only "prettying" herself up, but getting attention. She likely feels Ali gets a bulk of the attention, and so she seeks it out in many ways. Ali seems more serious and thoughtful, someone who would focus more on her studies and long term relationships. 

But they're still so young and it feels unfair to pinpoint anything at this time. I want the best for all three of those girls! 

Actually, no one had pinpointed anything. Someone posted a response that they hope Gracie doesn't end up a teen mom in reply to someone who had not posted such a comment. All that was posted was someone felt Gracie would have three children by the age of 21. Even if Gracie had her first kid at 18 years of age, she'd be a legal adult. 

Gracie and Ali have the same strikes against them that Leah faced - divorced parents, a mother who was a teen mom, a parent with an addiction, growing up in the Holler, a mother with two marriages under her belt. 

Gracie is feeling resentful about the lack of attention she is receiving. Leah mentioned feeling the same way when her father wasn't around. 

I hope Leah follows through with what she told Mama Dawn a few seasons ago - she will put her girlses on birth control when they are teens. It is the least she can do because I don't see Leah educating her girlses that there is more out there in the world than a pretty face and finding a husband. Cory and Miranda will hopefully instill in them that there is more than that for young ladies. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I hope Leah follows through with what she told Mama Dawn a few seasons ago - she will put her girlses on birth control when they are teens. It is the least she can do because I don't see Leah educating her girlses that there is more out there in the world than a pretty face and finding a husband. Cory and Miranda will hopefully instill in them that there is more than that for young ladies. 

I think Mama Dawn definitely pushed the importance of finding a man to take care of Leah at an early age, far more than she did school, or community, or anything like that. But Leah is in general just so dumb and incompetent that I wonder what came first- did Leah not develop strong study habits and a sense of accountability because Dawn made her feel like they weren't important, or was she just floundering so much at life that Dawn pushed finding a man on Leah as a means of survival?

Like, if Leah had shown the slightest aptitude towards school or a work ethic, would Dawn have encouraged that? I don't know if she did and Dawn didn't, or if she never did and Dawn figured that the only way Leah would have financial security as an adult was to find a man to support her.

Either way, I hope Leah has had enough doors opened to her that she encourages her kids (all of them) to consider a life beyond the holler possibility, through school and other extracurriculars.

• Love 7

Dawn was a teen mom. Leah was a teen mom. It's not exactly a huge leap or insult to predict Gracie will go down the same path. If she's the one to break the cycle, more power to her, but she's the overlooked "responsible" child who struggles with guilt and doesn't get enough attention. Leah puts a huge emphasis on looks. being pretty and the topic of boyfriends and having boyfriends is discussed constantly. I'd be shocked if Gracie didn't act out as she gets older. She's not exactly surrounded by the best influences.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Dawn was a teen mom. Leah was a teen mom. It's not exactly a huge leap or insult to predict Gracie will go down the same path. If she's the one to break the cycle, more power to her, but she's the overlooked "responsible" child who struggles with guilt and doesn't get enough attention. Leah puts a huge emphasis on looks. being pretty and the topic of boyfriends and having boyfriends is discussed constantly. I'd be shocked if Gracie didn't act out as she gets older. She's not exactly surrounded by the best influences.

This is true- but I do think that Leah was one of the FEW girls from 16&Pregnant who actually got pregnant “on accident” and chose not to terminate for whatever reason.

Leah WAS in love with Robbie and didn’t get her depo shot in a “oh I’m never having sex again” emotional tantrum, fucked Corey for revenge sex and got pregnant. He was so sprung on her, plus the twins, one with a disability, they tried to make it work longer than they should’ve. Yes at this point locking down a well earning spouse (like Jeremy) probably was Leah’s best opinion (since she is NOT very bright or ambitious),  but she wasn’t bright enough to understand that “holding on to” said spouse was required. 

2 hours ago, Tatum said:

Like, if Leah had shown the slightest aptitude towards school or a work ethic, would Dawn have encouraged that? I don't know if she did and Dawn didn't, or if she never did and Dawn figured that the only way Leah would have financial security as an adult was to find a man to support her.

I’m guessing it’s probably a little bit of the combination of the two. Dawn didn’t want Leah to be a Teen Mom (hence providing her with contraceptives), and she discouraged the marriages because she knew her daughter wasn’t going to commit to any of those guys. Parents know their kids, however in Leah’s social circle an academic life or intellectually situmlating career isn’t that valued for MEN much less women. Leah would’ve had to be extraordinarily brilliant, OR fat OR have a physical diablity for people to think about her doing anything but being arm candy (faithful arm candy) to a man. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

This is true- but I do think that Leah was one of the FEW girls from 16&Pregnant who actually got pregnant “on accident” and chose not to terminate for whatever reason.

Leah WAS in love with Robbie and didn’t get her depo shot in a “oh I’m never having sex again” emotional tantrum, fucked Corey for revenge sex and got pregnant. He was so sprung on her, plus the twins, one with a disability, they tried to make it work longer than they should’ve. Yes at this point locking down a well earning spouse (like Jeremy) probably was Leah’s best opinion (since she is NOT very bright or ambitious),  but she wasn’t bright enough to understand that “holding on to” said spouse was required.

Cheating is wrong, and even without the cheating, she wasn't the most stellar wife- I mean, her housekeeping skills were awful (granted, she did have three kids, but two of them went to Corey's for half the week), and she made multiple thousand dollar purchases without discussing with Jeremy, the latter of which is immediate grounds for divorce in my book (I could maybe forgive infidelity, but would not risk my financial future), but that said, I still feel that Jeremy also sucked as a husband and Leah's infidelity was a convenient excuse to leave the marriage.

I always got the impression that Jeremy was super infatuated with Leah and was insistent on locking her down (getting married and having a kid was his pressure, not hers) before he ever really got to know her. Once he did, he found out that she was lazy, and financially irresponsible, but for Jeremy, what was far worse- she was extremely emotionally needy.  While her spending money frivolously and living in squalor didn't help matters, it was my interpretation that Jeremy started pulling away from Leah and looking for excuses to avoid her, like volunteering for out of state jobs. Yes, I know, Leah spent a lot, but my feeling has always been that Jeremy was motivated to get away from Leah, not earn additional money. When he started doing that, Leah, who has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old and does not have a healthy attitude towards sex (she equates sex with love, and uses it for validation) Leah responded by cheating on him as a way to prove to herself she was still a desirable catch.

What I am getting at is, I don't think Leah cheating was the death blow to their marriage. It gave him a way out earlier than he would have gotten otherwise, but it wasn't the reason it didn't work. Ditto the spending and the poor housekeeping. I think Jeremy just got sick of her, and Leah being a faithful and responsible wife would've maybe bought her a few more years with Jeremy, but not a lasting marriage. Had Jeremy gotten to know her before marrying her so she wouldn't reconcile with Corey in the meantime, he would never have wanted to marry her.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Cheating is wrong, and even without the cheating, she wasn't the most stellar wife- I mean, her housekeeping skills were awful (granted, she did have three kids, but two of them went to Corey's for half the week), and she made multiple thousand dollar purchases without discussing with Jeremy, the latter of which is immediate grounds for divorce in my book (I could maybe forgive infidelity, but would not risk my financial future), but that said, I still feel that Jeremy also sucked as a husband and Leah's infidelity was a convenient excuse to leave the marriage.

I always got the impression that Jeremy was super infatuated with Leah and was insistent on locking her down (getting married and having a kid was his pressure, not hers) before he ever really got to know her. Once he did, he found out that she was lazy, and financially irresponsible, but for Jeremy, what was far worse- she was extremely emotionally needy.  While her spending money frivolously and living in squalor didn't help matters, it was my interpretation that Jeremy started pulling away from Leah and looking for excuses to avoid her, like volunteering for out of state jobs. Yes, I know, Leah spent a lot, but my feeling has always been that Jeremy was motivated to get away from Leah, not earn additional money. When he started doing that, Leah, who has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old and does not have a healthy attitude towards sex (she equates sex with love, and uses it for validation) Leah responded by cheating on him as a way to prove to herself she was still a desirable catch.

What I am getting at is, I don't think Leah cheating was the death blow to their marriage. It gave him a way out earlier than he would have gotten otherwise, but it wasn't the reason it didn't work. Ditto the spending and the poor housekeeping. I think Jeremy just got sick of her, and Leah being a faithful and responsible wife would've maybe bought her a few more years with Jeremy, but not a lasting marriage. Had Jeremy gotten to know her before marrying her so she wouldn't reconcile with Corey in the meantime, he would never have wanted to marry her.

This is such a spot-in analysis of how I think their marriage went too! We have seen Jeremy repeat this pattern since, and supposedly Brooke was a good mother and housekeeper. Eventually, though, he just gets tired of people. I agree that Leah would have had a few more years if she'd been responsible, but Jeremy seems to like someone a little more edgy (my perception of Brooke was that while she was more responsible, she was probably more edgy than Leah, and brighter). She seems like she could put him in his place, and like she gets how the world works more. I don't think Leah just being "sweet" would have made him stay. He seems like a man who wants a girl who's a little more of a challenge, and then decides he wants someone who is sweet and nice. I really don't know if that's an extreme character flaw of his, or just later-than-usual immaturity. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Tatum said:

Oh I agree with you that Jeremy was a sucky husband! He’s no saint, and you’re absolutely right they rushed into marriage; but Leah needed the marriage more than Jeremy did (being emotionally needy, and with unsteady TM income)- and in the grand scheme of patriarchy you cannot fuck around on your husband and get caught. Or if you do- you need to have your A-game in every other area of the relationship.

I do give Leah props for not getting married again, but she moved TR Dues into her home and I was like “why?!!”.

18 hours ago, Christina87 said:

This is such a spot-in analysis of how I think their marriage went too! We have seen Jeremy repeat this pattern since, and supposedly Brooke was a good mother and housekeeper. Eventually, though, he just gets tired of people. I agree that Leah would have had a few more years if she'd been responsible, but Jeremy seems to like someone a little more edgy (my perception of Brooke was that while she was more responsible, she was probably more edgy than Leah, and brighter). She seems like she could put him in his place, and like she gets how the world works more. I don't think Leah just being "sweet" would have made him stay. He seems like a man who wants a girl who's a little more of a challenge, and then decides he wants someone who is sweet and nice. I really don't know if that's an extreme character flaw of his, or just later-than-usual immaturity. 

I think Jeremy is probably one of those people who just isn’t cut out for marriage or a marriage like relationship. He values his freedom and independence, and changes his mind, wants to be able to fuck who he wants; however he has direct and indirect social pressures to “partner” (Not as strong as women get it, but men have it as well). 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4

Jeremy kind of reminds me of my cousin...good guy (jury's out on Jeremy for this), loves his kids, has a good job...but has a wandering eye and can't seem to be happy with one woman. However, the second he's out of a relationship, he jumps into another because he 100% can't be alone. If all these women out there wanted open relationships, he would love it, but weirdly enough, he jumps into serious commitments with them ultra-fast. It's almost like he hasn't gotten the memo that guys today can just sleep around and have almost-relationships! Plus, all the women he's with are legitimately crazy, because he doesn't take his time to get to know them. He divorced a wife because he didn't want kids, and then picked up a girl at the divorce lawyer's office who had a baby with no daddy, who he is now paying for for 18 years. He is such a great guy with a lot to offer, and if he would just slow down, he could probably find someone he wouldn't mind being faithful to! Jeremy seems to jump into serious commitments, all which seem to be long-distance, when he would probably just be happier having a hookup here and there close to his job sites. It's weird that the guys least suited for fidelity usually seem to feel this social pressure to settle down, while so many try to have this playboy lifestyle who would be happier settling down. So backwards! I dated a guy once for three months, and despite us having great chemistry he wanted the relationship to stay "open." This led to me getting dates and not him! When he broke it off, he said, "I just like you too much and I can't stay motivated to keep on the dating sites asking girls out because I just like you." Now THAT is someone who should settle down, but "society" (aka his idiot frat boy friends) was telling him he was only in his mid-twenties and needed to be living it up!

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Jeremy kind of reminds me of my cousin...good guy (jury's out on Jeremy for this), loves his kids, has a good job...but has a wandering eye and can't seem to be happy with one woman. However, the second he's out of a relationship, he jumps into another because he 100% can't be alone. If all these women out there wanted open relationships, he would love it, but weirdly enough, he jumps into serious commitments with them ultra-fast. It's almost like he hasn't gotten the memo that guys today can just sleep around and have almost-relationships! Plus, all the women he's with are legitimately crazy, because he doesn't take his time to get to know them. He divorced a wife because he didn't want kids, and then picked up a girl at the divorce lawyer's office who had a baby with no daddy, who he is now paying for for 18 years. He is such a great guy with a lot to offer, and if he would just slow down, he could probably find someone he wouldn't mind being faithful to! Jeremy seems to jump into serious commitments, all which seem to be long-distance, when he would probably just be happier having a hookup here and there close to his job sites. It's weird that the guys least suited for fidelity usually seem to feel this social pressure to settle down, while so many try to have this playboy lifestyle who would be happier settling down. So backwards! I dated a guy once for three months, and despite us having great chemistry he wanted the relationship to stay "open." This led to me getting dates and not him! When he broke it off, he said, "I just like you too much and I can't stay motivated to keep on the dating sites asking girls out because I just like you." Now THAT is someone who should settle down, but "society" (aka his idiot frat boy friends) was telling him he was only in his mid-twenties and needed to be living it up!

I THINK this is because a lot of guys want the emotional security of being in a romantic relationship with a woman, but want the social, physical and sexual freedom to do what they want. On the flip side a woman in a similar position would be more comfortable getting her emotional intimacy needs met through a BFF, her mom, or sister and can date/sleep around as much as she wants (if she’s so inclined). That’s really not an option for a lot of straight men in our society- a heteronormative relationship may be their only outlet for emotional intimacy hence why they jump into these relationships. 

Jeremy is a douche in a lot of ways but moving around for work all the time has to wear on you- even if you’re someone who enjoys their alone time, human beings (even men) need emotional intimacy and connection (some more than others) and as “macho” as Jeremy is, he’s not the type to lean on a brother or a Dad for support (like a Corey type would). 

• Love 6
On 1/17/2018 at 7:46 AM, Tatum said:

I grew up in this community, and I did show a strong aptitude for school and academics. My mom wasn't a teen mom (though she did marry at 18, she managed to not give birth until 20), and she was supportive of my endeavors. Even with that, I was encouraged to marry and have babies young. Everyone thought it was weird that I spent my time going to college instead of having a man to settle down with. I went my own way and my mom eventually came around and supported me, but I got a lot of flak from everyone until I turned into an old maid at the ripe old age at 25, when they finally gave up on me and set their sights on younger relatives.

They're a product of their environment. I have zero confidence that Mama Dawn would encourage Leah's academic endeavors. 

• Love 18

I think Jeremy rushed into serious relationships with Leah and Brooke because he thought they were both out of his league. He's decent looking now but was fairly nondescript in the Leah years, while she had the Teen Mom 2 notoriety, and Brooke is way better looking than he is. Not that looks are everything, but I bet they make up a decent percentage of how Jeremy rates women. I bet if Jeremy had landed Brooke before he was on Teen Mom 2, he would've had an easier time staying faithful (due more to less opportunities than a stronger moral fiber in that time), but then again, I don't think he would have landed Brooke if it weren't for Teen Mom 2.

I don't think Jeremy is a terrible person, but I do think he's not great husband material, narrow minded, probably racist and probably sexist, uneducated, and inarticulate.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I grew up in this community, and I did show a strong aptitude for school and academics. My mom wasn't a teen mom (though she did marry at 18, she managed to not give birth until 20), and she was supportive of my endeavors. Even with that, I was encouraged to marry and have babies young. Everyone thought it was weird that I spent my time going to college instead of having a man to settle down with. I went my own way and my mom eventually came around and supported me, but I got a lot of flak from everyone until I turned into an old maid at the ripe old age at 25, when they finally gave up on me and set their sights on younger relatives.

They're a product of their environment. I have zero confidence that Mama Dawn would encourage Leah's academic endeavors. 

Thank you for sharing!!! This is just so foreign to me. My parents married at 30 and 31, and have always encouraged me NOT to marry young. Going to college was an expectation, not a choice, and I've been the one at 22/25/30 saying, "I'm not getting any younger! I'm going to miss my opportunity to get married and have children!" while my parents roll their eyes. I just turned 30, and broke up with my boyfriend for being reluctant about marriage and children, and my parents were thrilled! They liked him, and he was a great guy, but they saw no need to "rush." One of my good friends just married at 33, and another one just got engaged at 34. It's so interesting how the culture of different places influences social values. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Thank you for sharing!!! This is just so foreign to me. My parents married at 30 and 31, and have always encouraged me NOT to marry young. Going to college was an expectation, not a choice, and I've been the one at 22/25/30 saying, "I'm not getting any younger! I'm going to miss my opportunity to get married and have children!" while my parents roll their eyes. I just turned 30, and broke up with my boyfriend for being reluctant about marriage and children, and my parents were thrilled! They liked him, and he was a great guy, but they saw no need to "rush." One of my good friends just married at 33, and another one just got engaged at 34. It's so interesting how the culture of different places influences social values. 

I didn't quite grow up in any "Holler", but I have some experience with the average Southern small-town mindset, and I tend to think part of the reason people get married so young is because, frankly, there isn't much too do. There aren't as many, or as diverse, dating opportunities in those small towns, and frankly small town folk tend to look down on people who date around 'cause that implies promiscuity, which is a pretty big no-no in Holler land. Even for people who get an education that stay in their small town their isn't like their is much going on, not many events or activities or nightlife, so many settle down young and get to having kids to occupy their time. At least that has been my observation of what contributes to the peeps in the Holler rushing to get married as soon as they are in the 18 to 25 age range.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I didn't quite grow up in any "Holler", but I have some experience with the average Southern small-town mindset, and I tend to think part of the reason people get married so young is because, frankly, there isn't much too do. 

My dad was from rural Canada and that pretty much describes that entire side of my family. Everyone was married with at least one kid by age 21. I have one cousin who got married at 17, and it wasn't even a shotgun wedding, lol.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My dad was from rural Canada and that pretty much describes that entire side of my family. Everyone was married with at least one kid by age 21. I have one cousin who got married at 17, and it wasn't even a shotgun wedding, lol.

This describes my mother's side of the family too (except her, she was a Chelsea), and we're Australian. Many people I know from high school married and/or had kids early, and I lived in a pretty rural area then. I'm in a city now and it's very different! Just goes to show this is a worldwide thing (probably).

• Love 6

Remember all the pics of “Addy can’t wait to ride the bus with her sisters” and starting pre-K.  Well that’s long gone.  Leah stopped sending her.  Addy missed a week and Leah says she told her she HAD to go to following week. Addy hasn’t been back since. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Remember all the pics of “Addy can’t wait to ride the bus with her sisters” and starting pre-K.  Well that’s long gone.  Leah stopped sending her.  Addy missed a week and Leah says she told her she HAD to go to following week. Addy hasn’t been back since. 

Is this on her Instagram? 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I didn't quite grow up in any "Holler", but I have some experience with the average Southern small-town mindset, and I tend to think part of the reason people get married so young is because, frankly, there isn't much too do. There aren't as many, or as diverse, dating opportunities in those small towns, and frankly small town folk tend to look down on people who date around 'cause that implies promiscuity, which is a pretty big no-no in Holler land. Even for people who get an education that stay in their small town their isn't like their is much going on, not many events or activities or nightlife, so many settle down young and get to having kids to occupy their time. At least that has been my observation of what contributes to the peeps in the Holler rushing to get married as soon as they are in the 18 to 25 age range.

This is exactly it. There's just nothing else to do besides drugs, sex, and pregnancy. West Virginia has some great ecotourism; hiking, whitewater, skiing, etc. But the kind of person who lives in the holler isn't interested in outdoors recreation (beyond hunting and "muddin'"). If you do things like that, things that "rich people do," you're accused of "forgetting your roots" and acting superior. It's a case of misery loving company; what you do is, marry young, have a few kids, one of you strays, divorce, meet someone else, create a blended family, repeat until you're worn out and you end up broke and dependent on family to help you take care of yourself because you never bothered to develop any skills beyond child-rearing. In the meantime, men do the car repairs and women do the cooking and household stuff, and if you try to do something like maintain your own car or mow your own lawn, you'll be accused of trying to drive men away because their men are so fragile and insecure they can't handle a woman who doesn't rely on them.

On the other hand, they do lean their families a lot for help, so while there's not a lot of independent thinking, there are strong family ties. My sister's professional skills are lacking, and she's not very self-reliant, but her family ties are so close that someone's always got her back. Meanwhile, if I were somehow unable to support myself, I'd have only myself to rely on and would have to find a way to handle it myself, or if I had kids, I'd have to pay for childcare rather than having grandma take care of them. It's the way it's always been, I guess.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Mkay said:

Wait....was Addy in public school Pre-K? Where I live, public Pre-K programs at the local public elementary school are ONLY open to families who qualify for free or reduced lunch. Even then there is a huge waiting list for them and many families who qualify do not get in.  You have to register early and be very lucky to get a spot.  Universal public Pre-K is not a thing in my state (a southern state...which makes me think WVa probably is similar, but who knows).   I am looking at paying a small fortune for when my kids are in Pre-K as we won't qualify for Pre-K at the local public school.  

If Addie somehow had a spot at a free, public Pre-K program and Leah couldn't be assed to get her on the bus (she didn't even have to drive her!) when so many of us have to pay for our children to attend decent Pre-K programs even though we don't have TM money.....ooooohhhhh that just makes me so %$#&ing pissed off.  Ungrateful, stupid b*tch. I won't even get into the studies that show the positive influence attending Pre-K programs have on children for the rest of their lives and academic success, since Leah obviously doesn't give to shits about taking advantage of a program that would likely be great for Addy's future. 

I hope Jeremy and his family are upset by this (but I doubt it). I hope they will at least be sure to stay in contact with the school when Addy goes to K-12th grade and be aware if Addy ends up frequently late/absent when she's with Leah (which is most of the time) since that's one of the main issues why Corey ended up getting more custody of the twins. Jeremy and his family better be ready to take custody of Addy on school days since Leah can only get her kids to school if an ex is threatening a custody change over it and/or the school/CPS is getting involved over absences and tardiness.  This doesn't bode well for Addy. I just hope to goodness Leah doesn't somehow try to "homeschool" Addy because getting her to school five days a week is just too much for her ass to do.  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Wait....was Addy in public school Pre-K? Where I live, public Pre-K programs at the local public elementary school are ONLY open to families who qualify for free or reduced lunch. Even then there is a huge waiting list for them and many families who qualify do not get in.  You have to register early and be very lucky to get a spot.  Universal public Pre-K is not a thing in my state (a southern state...which makes me think WVa probably is similar, but who knows).   I am looking at paying a small fortune for when my kids are in Pre-K as we won't qualify for Pre-K at the local public school.  

If Addie somehow had a spot at a free, public Pre-K program and Leah couldn't be assed to get her on the bus (she didn't even have to drive her!) when so many of us have to pay for our children to attend decent Pre-K programs even though we don't have TM money.....ooooohhhhh that just makes me so %$#&ing pissed off.  Ungrateful, stupid b*tch. I won't even get into the studies that show the positive influence attending Pre-K programs have on children for the rest of their lives and academic success, since Leah obviously doesn't give to shits about taking advantage of a program that would likely be great for Addy's future. 

I hope Jeremy and his family are upset by this (but I doubt it). I hope they will at least be sure to stay in contact with the school when Addy goes to K-12th grade and be aware if Addy ends up frequently late/absent when she's with Leah (which is most of the time) since that's one of the main issues why Corey ended up getting more custody of the twins. Jeremy and his family better be ready to take custody of Addy on school days since Leah can only get her kids to school if an ex is threatening a custody change over it and/or the school/CPS is getting involved over absences and tardiness.  This doesn't bode well for Addy. I just hope to goodness Leah doesn't somehow try to "homeschool" Addy because getting her to school five days a week is just too much for her ass to do.  

Can you tell from the tag Addy is wearing if it is public Pre-K

Grace & Ali go to the same school, I think

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mkay said:

I found the tweet but can't find the other info. Please share :)

• Love 2

Remember, she had to drive to the bottom of the hill so all three could catch the bus.  Jeremy’s Mom was there to see Addy get on the bus since Jeremy was working and couldn’t make it. 

• Love 4

Wait so Addy was in pre-K but missed too many days and was either A. Pulled out by Leah or B. Dropped from the program? I’m not surprised but are we sure she’s not going anymore? I feel Leah and her enablers (family) would never post that. Unless Jeremy did. 

• Love 5

I’m almost positive Leah pulled Addy out.  She always posts how Addy is her baby.  She constantly takes pics with her during what would be school hours.  Besides, Schooling doesn’t seem important to Leah. It don’t make no sense. Lolol

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I’m almost positive Leah pulled Addy out.  She always posts how Addy is her baby.  She constantly takes pics with her during what would be school hours.  Besides, Schooling doesn’t seem important to Leah. It don’t make no sense. Lolol

I see her as being one who gets easily bored & hates being alone.  Addy's company.

• Love 9

I’m still looking through her tweets to see if she mentions addy is no longer attending. What is she doing to do when it’s Kindergarten and she has to go? 

I did come across this tweet though: 

2ABFE8C3-8B21-45BB-B18C-1494B73D1D8A.jpeg

Edited by Mkay
Fat fingers. Can’t type on cell phone. Ha
  • Love 8

Hahahahaha! So Leah's "business" that she was so serious about is no more? Seriously, why did she have to try that while she was in school? She might have had a prayer of doing better if not for that Lipsense crap. Now she's doing nothing again, oh, except being a life coach. I assume those inspirational quotes she posts on Instagram are her way of doing that!

no way could Addy be in school all day! Leah is waaaaaay too needy for that! She requires someone with her 24/7. I agree with the poster above that I hope she doesn't try to "homeschool" her. It would be a GREAT excuse to never go back to work when she eventually meets her third husband!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

This is the last I can find about school. I’m guesskng Cory had the twins? 

Okay. So Addy missed school because playing in the snow was more important. Got it. Yeah, Addy will see school as not important because her mother teaches her that it is not important. JesusGodLeah you are so damn stupid.

Addy will be a teen mom. Yeah, I said it. 

@druzy epic timeline! Leah and all her career passions. It reads like Catelynn's passion list. lol 

This tweet of Leah's...OMG she tweets to someone, who obviously got on her last nerve, about having a high school diploma. Read that sentence:  "Maybe you need educated": 

leah messer tweet.jpg

• Love 10

I THINK public preschool is free to all kids in WV now. My nephew is in public preschool in WV and he’s not on any assistance programs or low income. Although I’m not sure if it’s just a county thing or state wide. He went to a private preschool last year (for 3 year olds) but switched to public because it’s free for kids going into kindergarten next year (he’s 4 now). 

• Love 4

The last time I took an EdCode Law class (2012), kiddos in California aren't legally required to go to school until 1st grade. I almost fell out of the chair!

Blows my mind that some wee ones aren't learning before they are six years old!

Once the girlses are late/absent after a certain # of days, then the school and law meet in the middle and flag students/families where it's an issue. All parents and their students are put on a legally binding SARB (school attendance) contract with local law enforcement. The only time the girlses can be absent is if they were too sick to get out of bed and have an original doctor's note. Missing part of a day & claiming it was for a dental or medical appt isn't allowed. Leah and baby daddy/daddies will be told "schedule that stuff after school is out for the day." 

For most families with kids on attendance contracts, if their kid(s) break them and are absent without a note from a doctor, the parents face a fine and/or jail time.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Bridget said:

The last time I took an EdCode Law class (2012), kiddos in California aren't legally required to go to school until 1st grade. I almost fell out of the chair!

Blows my mind that some wee ones aren't learning before they are six years old!

Once the girlses are late/absent after a certain # of days, then the school and law meet in the middle and flag students/families where it's an issue. All parents and their students are put on a legally binding SARB (school attendance) contract with local law enforcement. The only time the girlses can be absent is if they were too sick to get out of bed and have an original doctor's note. Missing part of a day & claiming it was for a dental or medical appt isn't allowed. Leah and baby daddy/daddies will be told "schedule that stuff after school is out for the day." 

For most families with kids on attendance contracts, if their kid(s) break them and are absent without a note from a doctor, the parents face a fine and/or jail time.

I think 6years (first grade) is the required age for school enrollment (unless you homeschool) in most states.

It doesn’t bother me, I know it’s a trend to send your child to school as soon as the amblical cord is cut, but many well educated people didn’t go to preschool or kindergarten- in many homes those skills are taught to the child by parents, grandparents, caregivers etc. Of course there is nothing WRONG with preschool, and yeah I doubt Leah is spending her days teaching Addie to read or anything constructive but I don’t think her entire academic future is at stake because she didn’t go to preschool this year. 

What excuse will Leah have for doing nothing when all the kids are in school?!

• Love 6
On 1/16/2018 at 9:42 PM, Christina87 said:

I was thinking the same thing about Gracie wanting attention. Ali seems more levelheaded, and also more introverted. Also, most of Leah's attention does go to Ali, and when you combine that with her weak boundaries and rules in general, and incompetence in most things she attempts, I'm betting Gracie will not have much supervision as she enters middle and high school. Can you imagine Leah caring for Ali has her health deteriorates while simultaneously staying on top of Gracie AND giving her enough attention to thrive? Plus Gracie is gorgeous, and likely to get attention from guys, just like Mommy, who has set that example. 

I don't worry as much about Addy because she seems to get plenty of attention. In fact, I think she is alone with Leah too much! They will have less time together when Addy starts school, but she will still have weekends without the twins, as well as jeremy's family's undivided attention when she's there. The only way I can see her becoming a teen mom is if she has daddy issues from Jeremy being gone so much. I am cautiously optimistic that Jeremy will maintain a closer relationship (even long-distance) with Addy when she is old enough to text him, hunt with him, and carry on a regular conversation. I do think he loves her tremendously, but finds it hard to relate to young children / thinks that's women's work / has no interest in caring for young children. Not saying this is admirable, but I do think he loves her and will be a better dad when she is more relatable to him. Maybe I'm projecting hope, but I surely do hope so. 

Gosh....I just don't see this. I see a guy who regularly seemed to choose spending time with his girlfriend versus with his daughter.

Also, my husband was so not the guy who liked or related with babies or young kids (kids at all) before we had children. But when they are YOUR kids, it is a whole 'nother thing. At least that has been our experience. 

I think it is sad how much she longs to be with her dad and how jealous she is of her sisters.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Gosh....I just don't see this. I see a guy who regularly seemed to choose spending time with his girlfriend versus with his daughter.

Also, my husband was so not the guy who liked or related with babies or young kids (kids at all) before we had children. But when they are YOUR kids, it is a whole 'nother thing. At least that has been our experience. 

I think it is sad how much she longs to be with her dad and how jealous she is of her sisters.

Im somewhere in the middle regarding @Christina87‘s post and yours above. In another mileu Jeremy may have been a guy who was childfree and never partnered (or partnered later in life), but given his background and cultural influences he was going to have kids. I’m sure in Jeremy’s mind he is fulfilling his responsibilities as a father (side eye), is he financially providing for Addy (absolutely no one can question that), does he inquire about her well being and want her to be a member of his family (yes we have seen that), I think he has affection for her and takes joy in the time they spend together (on his terms when he wants); but Jeremy is not invested in Addy’s emotional well being and development into a healthy adult. He just isn’t concerned, that’s not his “thing”, to us that’s an intergal part of being a parent, to him it’s not a part of being a father. 

(Bolding mine) It is sad- you can tell Addy adores him and is jealous of the relationships the Simms girls have with Corey (who does what Jeremy does and MORE). 

Jeremy and Addy probably will be closer when she is older, and I’m sure he will take pride in her acccomplishments but if Addy is looking for an emotionally intimate relationship with her father that probably isn’t going to happen. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think 6years (first grade) is the required age for school enrollment (unless you homeschool) in most states.

It doesn’t bother me, I know it’s a trend to send your child to school as soon as the amblical cord is cut, but many well educated people didn’t go to preschool or kindergarten- in many homes those skills are taught to the child by parents, grandparents, caregivers etc. Of course there is nothing WRONG with preschool, and yeah I doubt Leah is spending her days teaching Addie to read or anything constructive but I don’t think her entire academic future is at stake because she didn’t go to preschool this year. 

What excuse will Leah have for doing nothing when all the kids are in school?!

Very true, @Scarlett45.

Although it is generally the norm in many states, including here in California, believe me there are a lot of kids who are in pre-k and kindergarten. It isn't as if California kids are not in kindergarten. In fact, there are waiting lists. There are also many schools which have two kindergarten classes to meet the demand. I don't know of any parent who has never enrolled their child in any early school programs. 

My children, with the exception of my youngest, didn't go to pre-k. I put them in private school after they attended kindergarten. 

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy always struck me as the type who'd be way more into a son than a daughter. 

It does seem as if he is raising Addy to be that son.

Just want to clarify there is nothing wrong at all with girls doing the same activities as boys such as hunting and similar activities. I love how Cory takes the girlses fishing. I was a huge tomboy when I was growing up. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

How cool.

At least Leah takes her kids on her travels unlike a certain puta we all know.

Yeah, Leah or Chelsea doing a girls' trip wouldn't irk me because the bulk of their travels are family vacations and they wouldn't dump their kids on whichever random hanger-on is willing to watch them. Kail and Jenelle on the other hand....

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

How cool.

At least Leah takes her kids on her travels unlike a certain puta we all know.

I don’t know if Leah is taking the kids.  This is the same trip she is taking with Kail and that other chick.