Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

Again, Jeremy? He just loves pushing those photos of his daughter with a gun and those damn NRA hashtags. Remember last year: https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/11/jeremy-calvert-posts-photo-of-daughter-with-massive-gun-hears-it/

On 12/20/2017 at 0:55 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Is that a filter? or just an odd angle? Why is her head shaped like an alien's?

I have always thought Ali resembled one when she was younger. She is not cute at all to me. Just looking at her face in that rifle photo just affirms for me she must be from outer space.

4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Why can’t they get that poor child some age and size appropriate glasses? My grandpa wore those in the early ‘80s.

Jeffrey Dahmer wore those glasses, too.

jeffrey dahmer.jpg

• Love 4
On 12/24/2017 at 2:34 PM, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

She turns 26 in April!  I looked it up :). 

Thank you. I knew she was around the same age as my god son and he turns 26 in March.  I knew that she sure wasn't 23 anymore. 

We should all try to come up with a new title and see if our mod will change it for us. 

• Love 1
On 12/30/2017 at 4:08 AM, monicageller said:

Some punctuation wouldn't go astray, either. 'Know how to properly shoot and teach our children' doesn't read so well...

To be fair, wouldn't you also want to teach your children before you shoot them? It would be more effective.

• Love 10
On 12/25/2017 at 9:09 PM, Zuleikha said:

How old is Adalynn? 

She's almost 5. I only know this because my son is roughly the same age as Addy. 

A 4 year old cannot fully comprehend death. They are still energetic, silly, and can easily forget rules.  Yup, a gun sounds like the perfect gift. 

• Love 8
On 1/5/2018 at 7:10 AM, Scarlett45 said:

She looks pretty here. Fresh, natural day makeup, HAPPY- but something about Gracie’s face makes me think “Momma WHY are you taking pictures of yourself again?!!”

Yes! I've never thought Leah was a very naturally pretty girl (more like she is thin and blonde and so a certain kind of guy is always going to find her attractive), but she looks much younger here than usual. Maybe she's working on her health? She's been looking better.

• Love 4
On 1/4/2018 at 5:44 PM, druzy said:

At least she covered her overly Botoxed forehead with some hair. That was a huge improvement in her Selfie-of-the-day photo. I wonder if she's planning on cobbling together all of her daily photos to release a calendar next year?

She can call it "365 days of Standing in your own Power (Like we do in Possum Holler)."

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Leah has really pretty eyes. I've always thought they were the one feature she had going for her.

Yes! She has the “Katy Perry eyes”, she could do heavy eye makeup for evening and it look very striking. 

• Love 6

The makeup is fine. It's just not age appropriate. I can't blame that one on Leah, though, since the group shot of the team shows that the team makeup is standardized.

I think the actual physical skills the girls are learning in competitive cheer is pretty awesome. But I really call into question the sense of the people running the group that have the girls in fake midriff shirts, big bows, and adult women's evening out makeup. It's such a disturbing look.

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I understand it's part of the "look" for competition, but yeah, seeing a bunch of eight year-olds tarted up to look like mini-hookers is just creepy, no matter which way you cut it.

I did theatre all throughout my childhood. I had many friends in dance troops- there’s a way to do stage makeup without making little girls resemble grown women.

• Love 13

That make-up is very similar to the pageant look for the young toddlers and girls. 

It is not necessary to have these girls put on make-up for an athletic event. Whoever makes it a standard should be ashamed of themselves. This is not some theater production. They are setting up these young girls to believe that make-up is a necessity in life. It is as if the Holler area is teaching these young girls that they are only worth looking at if they are "done up proper" otherwise, you won't be worthy of being a wife. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

There’s no reason on God’s green earth to dress up a bunch of little girls like daytime hookers. What the hell is that supposed to teach them? 

That the most important thing in life is to “look pretty.” Bettering yourself through book learning can take a backseat.

Mark my words, Leah will be a grandma by age 33.

• Love 14
On 1/13/2018 at 0:17 PM, Mkay said:

ITs for stage, I get it.  But it still looks awful. 

To further secure my spot in hell, I really hope Corey has good dental insurance because homegirl needs/will undoubtedly need some orthodontics!

And in all seriousness, I wonder if Gracie is aware that her teethes are a bit wonky. My rationale: these 8 year olds are walking around with a face full of clown make-up and/or hair extensions to further impress the importance of being "pretty" and "external beauty" upon them. Making sure that everything is as perfect as can be (hair bow, amount of glitter on eyelids) must be on their radar!

I get that Gracie being part of a team is healthy, makes her feel like an individual, blah blah blah, but damn Leah! You choose a sport that heavily depends/focuses on what the girls look like on the OUTSIDE.  Look at her teethes and get that shit fixed as soon as she is old enough. I think it's on the Farrah thread, but there has been discussion about how Sophia got "pre-braces" and that she's not too young to start orthodontic work. I don't know if Gracie is too young for any ortho work, but I hope Leah gives her girlses the gift of beautiful smileses if she can afford it or if Corey's insurance covers it. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

That make-up is very similar to the pageant look for the young toddlers and girls. 

It is not necessary to have these girls put on make-up for an athletic event. Whoever makes it a standard should be ashamed of themselves. This is not some theater production. They are setting up these young girls to believe that make-up is a necessity in life. It is as if the Holler area is teaching these young girls that they are only worth looking at if they are "done up proper" otherwise, you won't be worthy of being a wife. 

My little girl did pageants (the local town pageant) 3 yrs in a row before I quit. Of course small town pageants are usually about who you know so it got old fast.  I wasn’t taught or ever shown how to do makeup. I’m in my 30s and can’t put on eyeliner to save my life.  But while we would be backstage getting ready my child barely had makeup on. She was already beautiful, she didn’t need it. Besides, I couldn’t apply it the way the other mothers did. It felt so wrong. I didn’t use Base or powder. Maybe a little lipstick and eye shadow.  That’s probably why we never placed higher than first. I couldn’t do it. Even for her dance recitals.  She was 3 and we stopped at 6. Now, she’s old enough that she plays with makeup. Doesn’t wear it in public. Doesn’t play with it everyday. But at 11 she can do eyeliner cat eye better than I can even begin to apply eyeliner. Lol

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, HooHooHoo said:

Photos of leathery old ladies terrify my blonde, very fair 15 year old?  She loves her some sunscreen. 

Smart girl. Both my sister and I are pigmentally-challenged, however I was an obsessive sunscreen wearer and she was a deep dish tanner. The difference in our appearances now is like night and day. 

• Love 9

Ahhhhhh they were in Charlotte?! I ate at Cheesecake Factory in Charlotte Saturday night, and saw a TON of little girls in full cheer wear/attire! It was strange seeing it out in public. They just have had some huge tournament or something!

• Love 9
On 1/14/2018 at 11:25 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I did theatre all throughout my childhood. I had many friends in dance troops- there’s a way to do stage makeup without making little girls resemble grown women.

I was a theatre kid as well! We wore stage makeup; I understand the point. NEVER looked like that. Not even close. 

Seeing pictures like that just makes me very sad. 

• Love 8

Gracie probably isn't insecure about her teeth just yet because I think most kids at that age have a certain level of wonkiness due to baby teeth falling out and waiting for the adult teeth to grow in. Since Leah is all about appearances, I can see her springing for braces especially if it means Gracie might not win Junior Miss Possum Holler.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9
On 1/14/2018 at 10:28 AM, GreatKazu said:

I couldn't agree more. I keep reading that it's for the stage or the competition so it's not so bad. It is so bad!!  What the hell does pounds of makeup have to do with a cheerleading competition??!!  What the hell do their faces have to do with their athletic abilities? It's absolutely ridiculous in my opinion and I for one don't "get it". 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Ahhhhhh they were in Charlotte?! I ate at Cheesecake Factory in Charlotte Saturday night, and saw a TON of little girls in full cheer wear/attire! It was strange seeing it out in public. They just have had some huge tournament or something!

She posted a snap that day of herself walking towards The Cheesecake Factory.  I bet you barely missed her. 

• Love 4

Ugh I hate this.I really hope Gracie shocks everyone and doesn't become a teen mom.

It's almost some people want her Too. 

What I don't get is why single out Gracie when Ali and addy are being raised by the same mother in the same household?If Gracie is at risk for being a teen mom so are addy and ali.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Persianpear said:

Ugh I hate this.I really hope Gracie shocks everyone and doesn't become a teen mom.

It's almost some people want her Too. 

What I don't get is why single out Gracie when Ali and addy are being raised by the same mother in the same household?If Gracie is at risk for being a teen mom so are addy and ali.

Don't worry. She may end up an addict like her mother. Addy may follow suit. 

lol 

Gracie is the topic of discussion at this very moment re the make-up and cheer competition. She is not being singled out. Also, Ali and Addy are not in the photo above. Ali has a condition and she may not live to be an adult which cuts her chances of ever being a mother although I hope and pray she does get to live a long and happy life. Addy is still young. She may end up being a hunter in the woods with her dad.  

I can honestly say without a doubt no one wants to see any of these kids end up as teen mothers. If it happens, it is not because anyone wished it to happen. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 17

Yeah I know.I see alot of cruel comments about Grace on other sites with comments like "can't wait to see Gracie on teen mom 20"or comments I don't care to repeat.

People esp over on fb and Reddit love to single only Gracie out.If one of them does get pregnant who's to say it won't be Ali or addie?

Ali I wonder about especially if her life span is short.

They are all in the same household being raised by the same mom.

I think it's safe to say if ones at risk,they all are.

Oh I'm sure when Addie gets older she'll be in cheer.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Don't worry. She may end up an addict like her mother. Addy may follow suit. 

lol 

Gracie is the topic of discussion at this very moment re the make-up and cheer competition. She is not being singled out. Also, Ali and Addy are not in the photo above. Ali has a condition and she may not live to be an adult which cuts her chances of ever being a mother although I hope and pray she does get to live a long and happy life. Addy is still young. She may end up being a hunter in the woods with her dad.  

I can honestly say without a doubt no one wants to see any of these kids end up as teen mothers. If it happens, it is not because anyone wished it to happen. 

Ali could end up a addict too lol

I know your joking though lol.People tend to always leave Ali out of the equation. 

With all of this talk about what Gracie wore to her cheerleading competition, it seems as though people are forgetting about Corey. 

He has the girls 50% of the time. With their custody plan, it wouldn't be unusual if the other parent had to give permission to travel out of the state. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, meredithalmighty said:

With all of this talk about what Gracie wore to her cheerleading competition, it seems as though people are forgetting about Corey. 

He has the girls 50% of the time. With their custody plan, it wouldn't be unusual if the other parent had to give permission to travel out of the state. 

Leah always has to have his permission and Jeremy's as well. It is part of sharing custody. That is known. It is not forgotten. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, meredithalmighty said:

True. I just feel like everyone puts the blame on Leah for bad parenting choices. In many instances, she has Corey's support and permission to make those decisions

Well, Leah is the one on this show front and center. Cory is rarely shown. That isn't a photo of Gracie at cheer competition that Cory shared on his social media. That is Leah's page. 

The topic was all that make-up being slathered on Gracie's face that Leah puts on her including the fake hair pieces. I don't think Cory is there at those competitions. Even if he didn't like all that make-up being put on his child's face, it isn't as if he can stop Leah if she chooses to put all that garbage on their child's face. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

I don’t think it’s “ok” to single Gracie out in this way, but I think people do such a thing because there’s still a narrative in our culture that those with serious illnesses or physical disabilities are not sexual beings or sexually desirable partners THUS Ali is not going to be a Teen Mom because she won’t have a sex life. Ali is a little girl (as are Gracie and Addy) so I’m not comfortable discussing her future relationship choices (that’s up for her to decide) but using a wheelchair for mobility (people that use wheelchairs are not “bound” to them) doesn’t mean someone is incapable of having procreative sex or being a parent. 

21 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Well, Leah is the one on this show front and center. Cory is rarely shown. That isn't a photo of Gracie at cheer competition that Cory shared on his social media. That is Leah's page. 

The topic was all that make-up being slathered on Gracie's face that Leah puts on her including the fake hair pieces. I don't think Cory is there at those competitions. Even if he didn't like all that make-up being put on his child's face, it isn't as if he can stop Leah if she chooses to put all that garbage on their child's face. 

Yeah the bad makeup choices are all on Leah. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think it’s “ok” to single Gracie out in this way, but I think people do such a thing because there’s still a narrative in our culture that those with serious illnesses or physical disabilities are not sexual beings or sexually desirable partners THUS Ali is not going to be a Teen Mom because she won’t have a sex life. Ali is a little girl (as are Gracie and Addy) so I’m not comfortable discussing her future relationship choices (that’s up for her to decide) but using a wheelchair for mobility (people that use wheelchairs are not “bound” to them) doesn’t mean someone is incapable of having procreative sex or being a parent. 

Yeah the bad makeup choices are all on Leah. 

I did not mean to imply people with handicaps are incapable of having sexual relationships because I know that is not true.

We do know Ali may not be capable of walking by the time she is a teen. She will be enduring pain and likely need 24 hour care. I do not think Ali will be capable of enjoying a sex life without pain and discomfort. She might be on painkillers.  I hate to think of her life that way, but that is what has been mentioned and implied. As it is, Ali is not made to use her motorized wheelchair. She may end up losing her ability to walk sooner than later.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I did not mean to imply people with handicaps are incapable of having sexual relationships because I know that is not true.

We do know Ali may not be capable of walking by the time she is a teen. She will be enduring pain and likely need 24 hour care. I do not think Ali will be capable of enjoying a sex life without pain and discomfort. She might be on painkillers.  I hate to think of her life that way, but that is what has been mentioned and implied. As it is, Ali is not made to use her motorized wheelchair. She may end up losing her ability to walk sooner than later.

@GreatKazu, I know YOU don’t think that way. I meant other uneducated people on Reddit and various other forums- I doubt they are really thinking of Ali’s well-being but only that Gracie is the mini cheerleader....it’s a lot of subtle and not so subtle ableism. 

• Love 7

For me, personally, the reason I'd say that Gracie was more likely to be a teen mom than Ali is because Gracie acts so much like LEAH. She seems very invested in not only "prettying" herself up, but getting attention. She likely feels Ali gets a bulk of the attention, and so she seeks it out in many ways. Ali seems more serious and thoughtful, someone who would focus more on her studies and long term relationships. 

But they're still so young and it feels unfair to pinpoint anything at this time. I want the best for all three of those girls! 

• Love 15