Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, peach said:

In the interview clips about this episode, Andy Lincoln implied that Rick is going to lose his shit, like, MORE than the other times he lost his shit.  Like maybe ALL of his shit this time.  Archer rampage, is what it sounded like.  And he ended that quote with kind of sad, defeated half smile.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Whatever they do, I hope they don't fuck him over as bad as everyone else so far.  He's carried this show and made it a smashing success, even it's death throes.  He doesn't deserve a crappy ending.

You know, back at the first episode of the season, when they had Rick's face with the red rimmed eyes, I thought for sure, and I think I may have said so somewhere here, that I thought it was Rick looking like he had gotten bit and was dying.  He didn't look well.

I am throwing out some major wild ass spec now.  Maybe Carl doesn't die at all. Maybe Rick is the one that dies and  the entirety of Carl's death is really Rick's dying fever dream because he's afraid that his death will end up with Carl dead. The stuff with Rick telling Carl he was supposed to protect him, could have been his fear of things.

And the visions were Rick's dying thoughts about trying to make the world better for Carl and Judith. I mean Carl's death doesn't HAVE to be the reason Rick listens to him. The conversation they had out walking could have been enough.

Maybe the reason Negan shows up in that case, is that it's Rick's worst nightmare for Negan to end up taking Judith in the future because he couldn't protect either her or Carl.

I think this being Rick's Wild Ass Death Ride would make more sense than Carl really being dead. The only thing that makes me doubt my own notions on this is the press stuff about Chandler's dad. Of course, they could have gone back and renegotiated  his contract I suppose. LOL

I mean at this point I won't put a damn thing past the show.

9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think this being Rick's Wild Ass Death Ride would make more sense than Carl really being dead. The only thing that makes me doubt my own notions on this is the press stuff about Chandler's dad. Of course, they could have gone back and renegotiated  his contract I suppose. LOL

I mean at this point I won't put a damn thing past the show.

I'm pretty sure Chandler is out living his best life and is not sweating in Georgia anymore.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

You know, back at the first episode of the season, when they had Rick's face with the red rimmed eyes, I thought for sure, and I think I may have said so somewhere here, that I thought it was Rick looking like he had gotten bit and was dying.  He didn't look well.

I think with all this "ending of an era" talk from Gimple and company, that they really might be in the process of eliminating the entire Grimes family.  They apparently plan to "replace" Carl with this new Henry kid that nobody gives a damn about.  I know Andy Lincoln is supposed to be signed on to Season 9, and hell, it might take a whole season for him to actually die (in what will be one day or something), but just seeing the demeanor of core cast members makes me think it's worse than just Carl.  AL seems defeated to me.   Core cast seem like they really are "the walking dead" right now.  (although maybe they just know the show won't survive this asinine writing)

All of this might be to separate themselves further from Kirkman with all the lawsuits, etc.   I'm sure the real answer is as petty as possible.

• Love 4

I've always said that I would watch this show until the end, but if Rick dies, I'm out. That being said, even with the shot of injured Rick, I don't think he's done yet.

And as much as Gimple loves Negan, I don't believe for a second that he will try to make him the new Rick. Either he'll live in captivity, monologuing forever, as the people around him kill themselves, Airplane-style, or maybe Maggie will kill him. After all, she has the most reason to want him dead. 

I can see, and I hope, that maybe that shot of Rick is just after the end of the war, injured, and grieving all of the losses. 

Killing Carl was a mistake. Killing Rick would end the series, IMO. Sigh. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Instead of killing Rick, ship him off to Fear with Morgan.  I seriously doubt that would ever happen, but the thought of any iteration of TWD without Rick Grimes is inconceivable to me (at this point in time).

This is a good idea, I'm switching to FTWD and I like it so far, so I would love to see Andrew Lincoln there too.  Of course just my luck, Gimple took over that show now too. Let's hope he doesn't completely destroys it.

1 hour ago, peach said:

My link doesn't seem to be working, but anyway, he posted a video clip on Twitter from his first EDM show out in California, and he's clearly having the time of his life.

So happy to see him moving on! also I agree with the killing Rick theory. Not that they should kill him but that the writers are planning to. I think they want to start fresh without the original cast except maybe Daryl. I think they had a huge crush with the Neegan character and want to make him happen at all cost. I can't remember if it was Kirkman who said TWD story line may outlive Rick Grimes and that he wouldn't necessarily be there until the end.

• Love 2

Think of it this way.

They've been getting rid of cast members who've been around since the beginning of the show or almost the beginning.

Now, Lauren Cohan has booked a pilot and if that's picked up, they will have to get rid of Maggie too.

So they're gradually replacing the cast and they're going to make Negan a mainstay?

Or is it that they paid JDM so they can't pay Cohan or some of the others?

• Love 2

I said it mostly as a joke, but could you imagine Rick in that FTWD group?

This is only based on the first few eps of the FTWD series - all I've watched so far - but it would have been epic if RG had have been crossed over to that show from its beginning.  Rick (of the last 2.5 seasons) would have lost his shit and slaughtered at least a third of that main cast from the first season...  and I would have cheered the whole time.  Not even close to being ashamed to admitting that.

• Love 6

From TSDF Army.  So the only character to get to react to Carl's death is, of course .... Negan.

Q&A Episode 8.10 “The Lost and the Plunderers”

1.) Does anyone read Carl’s letters? Who?

Only Rick. He reads both his and Negan's letters.

2.)Why do Rick and Michonne go to the junkyard?

To try and warn Jadis that the Saviors will be coming for them since they were seen at the Sanctuary.

3.) How do the Oceanside women treat Enid and Aaron after Natania’s death?

At first Cyndie decides to kill Enid and Aaron. At the last minute she changes her mind. She tells them to leave and never come back.

4.) Does Aaron work toward making things right with them? Does Oceanside end up deciding to help fight Negan?

No. Oceanside still refuses to fight the Saviors, but Aaron does stay behind with the intention of going back to try and convince them to help. Enid then leaves alone.

5.) What is Negan’s plan for his next move in this war?

Negan's mission is still to kill Rick, but in the meantime, the garbage people have to learn a lesson for their betrayal. Simon is put in charge of that.

6.) Is there any more suspicion amongst the Saviors about their “mole”?

No further mention about their “mole”

7.) The promo shows an angry Negan yelling, “You will do your job!” What made Negan so angry?

Negan is yelling that at Simon because Simon keeps defying Negan. Simon wants to completely wipe out the garbage people for what they did, but Negan says they're still a resource and that they will be punished by just killing one of them like they've always done before.

8.) What do Rick and Negan discuss on the walkie talkies?

Rick discusses Carl's death and how he wrote letters wanting both of them to stop fighting. Rick says it'll never happen. Negan does say he's sorry about Carl, but also taunts Rick and says it's all his fault.

9.) Who makes it back to Hilltop?
There are no scenes at the Hilltop.

10.) Do any other characters learn about Carl’s death? Who?
Only Negan.

Bonus:

We have previously posted details about the Trash Hipster’s demise and can confirm they are accurate. Here they are again.

Simon visits the junkyard with a group of Saviors. He screams at the trash hipsters about attacking the Sanctuary. Jadis tries to turn it around and explains that they brought Rick to them, but the Saviors shot at them. To which Simon responds with a loud "BULLLLLLSHIIIIITTTT!!!"

Simon tells Jadis that Negan will accept them if they come back over to the Saviors' side, but he will be taking all their weapons. The Saviors then proceed to strip away all the Scavengers' guns. Simon continues probing Jadis about the junkyard and why she lives there. When she doesn't respond, he gets pissed and talks about how he never did get a sincere apology from her. Jadis tells him very stoically (and not really meaning it) that she's sorry. So Simon pulls out a gun and shoots Brion. Simon again demands a sincere apology. When Jadis finally does apologize, he shoots Tamiel. Jadis hits Simon and he gets even angrier and commands the Saviors to kill all her people. They do, but Simon leaves Jadis alive. Jadis emotionally ends up luring her turned trash hipster family into a meat grinder to end it for good.

59 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Simon tells Jadis that Negan will accept them if they come back over to the Saviors' side, but he will be taking all their weapons. The Saviors then proceed to strip away all the Scavengers' guns. Simon continues probing Jadis about the junkyard and why she lives there. When she doesn't respond, he gets pissed and talks about how he never did get a sincere apology from her. Jadis tells him very stoically (and not really meaning it) that she's sorry. So Simon pulls out a gun and shoots Brion. Simon again demands a sincere apology. When Jadis finally does apologize, he shoots Tamiel. Jadis hits Simon and he gets even angrier and commands the Saviors to kill all her people. They do, but Simon leaves Jadis alive. Jadis emotionally ends up luring her turned trash hipster family into a meat grinder to end it for good.

So, CDB indirectly supplies the Saviors with EVEN MORE GUNS - but in the process, every GBK except for one horny naked sculptor with language loathing issues is killed.  

Trying to decide if that’s an equitable trade-off or not....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

From TSDF Army.  So the only character to get to react to Carl's death is, of course .... Negan.

How do they kill the trash people, and have Jadis lure them to their death? I thought it was supposed to punish her. 

I do not want to see people put through a fucking meat grinder. Unless it's Negan. 

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Anela said:

How do they kill the trash people, and have Jadis lure them to their death? I thought it was supposed to punish her. 

I think the Saviors took care of the GBKs’ first death, and Jadis had to deal with their second.

I do not want to see people put through a fucking meat grinder. Unless it's Negan. 

“You mess with Negan, and you go in the grinder.”

(Sorry - just had a Good Burger flashback - I’m better now.)

Edited by Nashville
Better linky
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Anela said:

Not to worry.  The show saves a lot of its budget by not using lighting, so we probably won't be able to see it anyway.

So concludes the story arc of the moronic garbage people, who took huge swaths of screentime away from the main cast, and for no apparent reason whatsoever other than to have their final demise shock the audience with a human meat grinder. Gimple's probably been creepily excited about this ever since he wrote the pointless garbage people into Kirkman's story just so he could film this scene.

So concludes the story arc (for now) of the pointless multiple forays into the Oceanside group, I guess so we can worry about the splitting up of Enid and Aaron...two characters about whom we've not been given enough to actually care about their fate.  Unlike Glenn and Abraham, about whom we'll hear no more ever.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Of course.

Rick discusses Carl's death and how he wrote letters wanting both of them to stop fighting. Rick says it'll never happen.

I'll take things Carl would never do for $1000, Alex.  These are the actions of a sheltered kid at a pampered, upper middle class high school.  Not Carl Mofo Grimes.  All Out War has been going on for like...one day?  Stop the insanity!  All life is precious!

Negan does say he's sorry about Carl, but also taunts Rick and says it's all his fault.

Well, that's some must see TV.  What a treat for anyone who decided to stick with it after Carl's death.  Seeing Negan taunt Rick over it the same day.

2 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

So concludes the story arc (for now) of the pointless multiple forays into the Oceanside group, I guess so we can worry about the splitting up of Enid and Aaron...two characters about whom we've not been given enough to actually care about their fate.  Unlike Glenn and Abraham, about whom we'll hear no more ever.

Thank you.  I forgot to add my complaint about this, which is WTF??  Aaron leaves Enid to make it back alone?  Not cool.  What difference does Oceanside make now anyway?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

1.) Does anyone read Carl’s letters? Who?

Only Rick. He reads both his and Negan's letters.  OF COURSE WE DON'T GET MICHONNE READING HER LETTER WTF.

To try and warn Jadis that the Saviors will be coming for them since they were seen at the Sanctuary. WGAF ABOUT THE JUNKYARD PEOPLE AAAARGH

3.) How do the Oceanside women treat Enid and Aaron after Natania’s death?  WHO CARES?? (AND I LIKE AARON)

4.) Does Aaron work toward making things right with them? Does Oceanside end up deciding to help fight Negan?  WHO CARES AGAIN??

5.) What is Negan’s plan for his next move in this war? YAWWWWWWWWWWWN

6.) Is there any more suspicion amongst the Saviors about their “mole”?  MONOLOGUE MONOLOGUE YAWWWWWWWWWWWWN

No further mention about their “mole”

MOLE.thumb.jpg.a36d6e124f6e1cdaaac9ee26de3774c3.jpg

7.) The promo shows an angry Negan yelling, “You will do your job!” What made Negan so angry?  DON'T CARE DON'T CARE

I'M SURE IT WILL BE INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION OH HAHAHAHA I CAN'T

9.) Who makes it back to Hilltop?  WHERE?
10.) Do any other characters learn about Carl’s death? Who?
Only Negan.   WHAT A FASCINATING DEVELOPMENT /NOT

Bonus:

We have previously posted details about the Trash Hipster’s demise and can confirm they are accurate. Here they are again.

So glad we wasted screen time on these idiots.

I'm sure we will have fun in the live posting thread anyway. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Anela said:

I might check out the live-posting thread. :) I do love the posters here, even if the show is bad. 

This forum and interacting with people here is the only reason I can dredge up any type of reason to watch anymore.  Until Negan is gone - and most likely afterwards, too - this show is Crap City.

This show used to be appointment television on Sunday nights.  Now?  Feels much more like a chore instead of a reward.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

To try and warn Jadis that the Saviors will be coming for them since they were seen at the Sanctuary.

So Michonne has just lost the person she loves most in the world but she's ready to hotfoot it to a junkyard to warn a woman who disrespected her and a group of people who tried to kill her.

Rick discusses Carl's death and how he wrote letters wanting both of them to stop fighting. Rick says it'll never happen. Negan does say he's sorry about Carl, but also taunts Rick and says it's all his fault.

Rick goes back on his word to his dying son in LESS THAN 24 hours?

Bonus:

Simon visits the junkyard with a group of Saviors. He screams at the trash hipsters about attacking the Sanctuary. Jadis tries to turn it around and explains that they brought Rick to them, but the Saviors shot at them. To which Simon responds with a loud "BULLLLLLSHIIIIITTTT!!!"

Is there an underground fandom for Jadis and the Garbage People that I haven't heard about?  That's the only thing that could explain the showrunners' obsession with these awful characters.  Better characters and MUCH better actors are pushed into the background while these creatures are shoved down the viewers' throats.  Why the hell was the actress who plays Jadis put in the main credits?  WHO DOES SHE KNOW AND WHAT DOES SHE KNOW ABOUT THEM?

• Love 5

So an episode focused on Garbage people. Then throw in Negan and Simon and probably some random Saviors. Add a little Oceanside and Rick. And Michonne just walking with him as his shadow. Who the hell wants to watch this shit? No seriously, WHO????????

And still no Hilltop? Wasn't that the place of one of the main characters? What was her name again? Maria, Madeline, Margarethe...something or other.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Lauren Cohan's new project to be picked up. If you are not going to be shown in a show, might as well find one where you are.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

What a horrible episode to follow Carl's death! Thanks, TWD, this makes it easier not to watch.

It's like something out of those Hostel movies. Just something horrific, for the hell of it. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

So Michonne has just lost the person she loves most in the world but she's ready to hotfoot it to a junkyard to warn a woman who disrespected her and a group of people who tried to kill her.

Seriously.  Not to mention they're burned out of their own home.  Like they really finished burying their son and said, hey, what about Jadis?  

4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Why the hell was the actress who plays Jadis put in the main credits?  WHO DOES SHE KNOW AND WHAT DOES SHE KNOW ABOUT THEM?

LOL!  I think you're on to something.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Smad said:

So an episode focused on Garbage people.

This is what is on the table for tomorrow night? Pollyanna and the smelly, naked Crafters? I'd think you were joking but the sad part is I believe it. 

32 minutes ago, peach said:

Like they really finished burying their son and said, hey, what about Jadis? 

Well, Rick just learned his child is going to die and he's interested in hearing that Sadiq is a doctor - as we all would be -  so why not?

3 hours ago, Anela said:

It's like something out of those Hostel movies

In comparison to this, the Hostel movies look like documentaries. 

• Love 4

The only bright spot that I can find in this mountain of shit is that it appears that the Trash Queen is going to be all on her own.  Rick will probably force his group to take her in.  Hopefully that will be enough to bring Michonne to her senses but something tells me that Rick having 'grief-sex' with Jadis is also on the horizon.  If Michonne sticks around for that, they need to change the characters name.

I can't imagine that anything but a contract is keeping Danai on TWD.  She was brilliant in 'Black Panther'.  Watching her reminded me of when Michonne first appeared.  She was the baddest, hottest thing on television.  Norman Reedus practically foamed at the mouth over her (which made Michonne/Danai the target of fangirls everywhere).  Now, whoever directed the last episode couldn't be bothered to light her properly or make sure that awful wig wasn't covering her face in Carl's deathbed scene.  Danai doesn't need TWD any more. 

• Love 5

They have diluted this show to the point it is unrecognizable . So much time is spent on a bunch of characters that no one gives a crap about. Why take the time to to build rich characters with good back stories to now focus on so many unlikeable newer characters?! 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

The only bright spot that I can find in this mountain of shit is that it appears that the Trash Queen is going to be all on her own.  Rick will probably force his group to take her in.  Hopefully that will be enough to bring Michonne to her senses but something tells me that Rick having 'grief-sex' with Jadis is also on the horizon.  If Michonne sticks around for that, they need to change the characters name.

I understand not liking Rick but I don't think the show itself hates Rick and hooking him up with Jadis would destroy Rick completely. I can't find any good or bad reason for the show to do this.

Is the entire episode going to be about the Garbage People?

I hope Michonne just clocks Jadis. 

• Love 2

Is Jadis even a pivotal character?  I understand she and the GPK were not even in the comics.

So the only thing she did was to betray Rick when they were first trying to fight the Saviors.

But considering how the "all out war" has gone, that betrayal didn't make one bit of difference one way or another.

I can see them wanting to keep Jadis since they've lost Sasha, didn't replace her and may lose Maggie and Michone as those actresses pursue other projects.

You can just imagine they try to come up with some back story for Jadis that they're saving for a throwaway episode.  Even if most fans don't give a shit about her or her backstory.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

I can't imagine that anything but a contract is keeping Danai on TWD.  She was brilliant in 'Black Panther'.  Watching her reminded me of when Michonne first appeared.  She was the baddest, hottest thing on television. 

She was. My own husband started following her on Facebook and he never follows actors(she's the only one). He only follows musicians.

I hope Danai gets off this show soon.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Oh, I totally believe that Rick will be having grief/hate sex with Jadis.

Nooo. No offense to the actress intended. 

Is Danai at the Oscars tonight? I remember after Andrea got killed off, she and the actress were watching the Oscars together, instead of TWD. Oh, she is! 

She definitely has better things to do now. I haven't seen Black Panther yet, but I plan to. 

• Love 4

It's kinda funny watching people have real time reactions to the spoilers we read.  "NEGAN DOES NOT GET A LETTER. WTF"  Etc.  Just wait, it gets worse!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

Next week's episode synopsis (from AMC website)...

Daryl finds himself in bad company as his group heads to the Hilltop;

His group including Judith, so again, I say Rick & Michonne should have beat a path in their direction, not gone dumpster diving.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Nashville said:

OoooOOooo.  Tara-angst.  Be still my little fist-bumping beating fucking heart.

At least Tara has a functioning memory and is actually TRYING to kill the guy who murdered her love.  She ain't writing no damned letters about why can't we all get along?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, peach said:

At least Tara has a functioning memory and is actually TRYING to kill the guy who murdered her love.  She ain't writing no damned letters about why can't we all get along?

Right - instead Tara is doing the homicidal equivalent of a kid in the back seat of the car, badgering her parents about “when are we gonna BEEEE THERRRE, Daddy?”

Except Tara’s version is, “When we gonna KILLLLLL HIMMMMM, Daryl?”

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Right - instead Tara is doing the homicidal equivalent of a kid in the back seat of the car, badgering her parents about “when are we gonna BEEEE THERRRE, Daddy?”

Except Tara’s version is, “When we gonna KILLLLLL HIMMMMM, Daryl?”

Well, she should stop deferring to Daryl like she deferred to Jesus.  Carol never asks for permission to liquidate people.  Although, in this particular case, Dwight is considered a strategic asset.  And of course Daryl is confused about what Rick wants since he screams about killing people he never actually kills.  Anyway, WWCD?  Carol would blow his ass away.  You joined the wrong subgroup, Tara.

• Love 4

From TSDF page.  They apparently want to really make the three viewers who don't already hate Eugene hate Eugene.  So much for brightly lit gauzy fantasies of the future.

Q&A Episode 8.11 “Dead or Alive Or”. Thank you to our gracious source!

In the trailer, Tara pulls a gun on Dwight. What is the result of that confrontation?

She tries to kill Dwight and fires her weapon. He makes a run for it with Tara following behind. They are interrupted when they hear Saviors nearby so Tara doesn’t get another shot.

Does Team Family make it to Hilltop to reunite with Maggie?

Yes.

Does anyone else learn about Carl’s death in this episode? How do they react?

Everyone at the Hilltop does. Enid takes it especially hard.

Do Gabriel and Dr. Carson encounter any complications on their way to Hilltop? Do they make it there?

Yes. Car breaks down. Carson steps into a bear trap. But they do find some antibiotics for Father G and also another car. Unfortunately, the Saviors catch up with them. Carson is killed and Gabriel is recaptured.

What happens at the bullet factory?

Eugene is in full bullet making mode. He has a whole team working for him.

Do we learn anything else about Gabriel’s illness?

It’s some kind of infection and it is affecting his vision. He almost appears to be going blind. Dr. Carson doesn’t know if he antibiotics will reverse the damage.

Does Daryl Run into any problems when he goes back to cover their tracks?

No.

What kind of conflict does Maggie face at the Hilltop?

Just the Saviors getting tired of being confined and trying to get her to let them out (supervised of course). She also has to cut their rations because they are running out, and that doesn't go over very well.

What is Negan’s next move?

Negan’s plan is to “taint” their weapons with walker guts and blood and use them to attack the Hilltop. (This is Eugene’s suggestion.)

• Love 1

Even the spoilers are boring.

10 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Just the Saviors getting tired of being confined and trying to get her to let them out (supervised of course).

I hate when I get tired of being confined after a day of war.

• Love 13
On 3/9/2018 at 8:06 AM, nodorothyparker said:

Car breaks down. Carson steps into a bear trap.

Are we heading into parody or slapstick comedy now? Is anyone going to rocket-skate off a cliff? Actually that might be improvement.

On 3/4/2018 at 1:24 PM, Ohwell said:

Oh, I totally believe that Rick will be having grief/hate sex with Jadis.

I always thought he had a kinky "thing" for her.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, peach said:

Even the spoilers are boring.

I hate when I get tired of being confined after a day of war.

To be fair, it was The Longest Day.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Gobi said:

To be fair, it was The Longest Day.

LOL!  "Is it just me or does this day feel like it's been six months??  Let us out!"

41 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Are we heading into parody or slapstick comedy now? Is anyone going to rocket-skate off a cliff? Actually that might be improvement.

Maybe the gang will discover an Acme warehouse.

• Love 5