Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I’ll be the first to say I don’t know, but what is the time difference between the shows?  Is it just days or weeks or is it much longer? I’m wondering because they could justify a time jump on FTWD if they have the characters walk from So. Cal. to Austin. Obviously, that would happen off-screen. Still.

I wondered if he'd take off to Mexico, or wherever they are, but I don't see the point of his leaving: it seems like he'd have to kill wherever he went, in this world. 

'Walking Dead' Favorite Lennie James to Exit, Joins Spinoff 'Fear'
NOVEMBER 26, 2017 7:57pm PT by Lesley Goldberg
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-lennie-james-morgan-joins-fear-walking-dead-crossover-1061402

Fan favorite Lennie James is officially moving from the flagship to the prequel, in which he will continue to play Morgan Jones. The announcement was made Sunday when James was a surprise guest on Talking Dead.

"Morgan's arc in The Walking Dead season eight positioned him for the story on Fear the Walking Dead," Walking Dead showrunner Scott M. Gimple said via a statement read by Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick. "It was also important to see Fear's world and characters through new, yet familiar eyes."
For his part, James said he begins filming Fear on Monday, with his scenes to be streamed live via the show's social media accounts. The actor, who was the first person Rick (Andrew Lincoln) encountered after waking up from his coma in the show's pilot, wrapped production on the Atlanta-set Walking Dead days ago and appeared on Talking Dead via satellite from Austin, Texas, where the show is moving its production.

"From the very first moment the whole suggestion of Morgan going over to Fear the Walking dead, the hardest part of that, from beginning to now, has been leaving The Walking Dead," James said. "Leaving that cast, leaving that crew. I've said my goodbyes to the cast and I've said my goodbyes to the crew... That show stands or falls on the back of that crew. And I'm going to miss them very much."

James move to Fear the Walking Dead also confirms news that THR previously reported — that the prequel series is moving its filming location to Texas — a shift that was set up in the finale's narrative as a new villain (Ray McKinnon) set sail for "what's left of Houston" with Alicia (co-star Alycia Debnam-Carey).

James' addition to Fear comes as the lesser-rated series is amid a major reset for its upcoming fourth season. Showrunner Dave Erickson, who developed the series with Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman, exited the show after the season-three finale. Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time) will take over as showrunners for season four, with Walking Dead boss Gimple also joining the spinoff as an executive producer. Fear has also bolstered its cast, with stars Garret Dillahunt and Jenna Elfman boarding as series regulars. Details on their characters are being kept under wraps.
The decision to move him to the spinoff comes as the flagship series in its current eighth season has also explored Negan's backstory (that was featured in a one-shot called "Here's Negan"). That both shows are now crossing over comes after Erickson's early Fear script (then called Cobalt) originally featured a scene in which Dr. Candace Jenner — aka Test Subject 19 and played by Claire Bronson on the flagship — was introduced. The character previously worked with Edwin Jenner (Noah Emmerich) at the CDC before being infected and ultimately killed. That idea didn't last long with Kirkman and the storyline was nixed as producers at the time insisted Fear would not be crossing over with the flagship.

Edited by tv echo
15 hours ago, JackONeill said:

I’ll be the first to say I don’t know, but what is the time difference between the shows?  Is it just days or weeks or is it much longer? I’m wondering because they could justify a time jump on FTWD if they have the characters walk from So. Cal. to Austin. Obviously, that would happen off-screen. Still.

FTWD is way back in the timeline... around season 2 of TWD, I think.  I have read that there isn't going to be a time jump.  

14 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

FTWD is way back in the timeline... around season 2 of TWD, I think.  I have read that there isn't going to be a time jump.  

So Morgan goes from GA to TX and back again?  That doesn't make sense.  

• Love 2

Sounds like an okay episode. At least there is no Negan.

Courtesy of TSDF: Q&A Episode 8.7 "Time for After"

What's happens with Rick at the junkyard? 

In the opening scene, Jadis brings Rick out and takes some of her own polaroids. Rick asks what they are for, and she says "To sculpt you. After." Jadis won't say after what. (Rick would probably prefer a bleach bath as opposed to being an art piece.) 

Does Rick escape the junkyard crew? How? 

He doesn't really escape, per se. The garbage people have created a Winslow 2.0 and force Rick to fight him. It seems they didn't learn the first time because of course, Rick kicks new Winslow's ass in less than a minute and beheads him. Rick then grabs Jadis and holds her head close to Winslow's head, asking her if they have a deal. She finally says "Yes." (When you gonna learn that no amount of Winslows is a match for Rick Grimes?) 

What do Daryl, Tara, Michonne, and Rosita decide to do?

Rosita seems to have been affected by Sasha coming out of that coffin as a walker, and so she backs out and returns to Alexandria. So does Michonne eventually. But Tara along with the assistance of Morgan, serve as lookouts and snipers while Daryl rams the garbage truck into the Sanctuary. This causes walkers to start infiltrating the Sanctuary. (Dammit Daryl).

What is Morgan doing in this episode? 

He shows up to help Daryl and Tara with their plan to attack the Sanctuary. Morgan always coming in clutch. (Apparently by Morgan magic.)

What do Daryl & Rosita argue about?

They argue about the merits of attacking the Sanctuary. Rosita says she learned her lesson about going rogue after Sasha was killed, and she can't risk it again. She says she trusts Rick and that Daryl should too. They can't come to an agreement so Rosita leaves.

What's going on with Father G? Does he escape?

No, he is very very sick (but he has not been bitten). Dr. Carson says it's a severe infection, possibly more than one. Eugene visits Father Gabriel, and he tries to convince Eugene to come back to Rick's side and "do the right thing." It doesn't work. At the end of the episode and after the Sanctuary is flooded with walkers, Eugene returns to Father G and basically tells him off. He says he will not help Dr. Carson escape the Sanctuary, he won't betray Negan, and while he may be just out for himself, he's perfectly fine with that. Eugene even says he wants Dr. Carson to remain at the Sanctuary just in case he becomes ill in the future. (Come on, selfish mulletfaced asshole). We know from the sneak peeks that Eugene confronts Dwight about double crossing the Saviors. Does he eventually agree to go along with Dwight or does he try to stop him? Neither. Eugene says he won't say anything about what Dwight has done just as long as he does nothing further that could harm anyone at the Sanctuary. However, Eugene continues to remain loyal to Negan and won't hear anything of what Dwight or anyone else has to say on the matter. (So there. *stomps foot)

Does anyone die? If so, who?

A shitload of Saviors/workers when the garbage truck crashes into the Sanctuary. How does the episode end? The episode ends with Rick leading Jadis and a group of the trash people to the Sanctuary to show them that the Sanctuary is surrounded by walkers. The plan is for Rick, Jadis, and the others to ask for the Sanctuary's surrender together. But when they arrive there is no answer on the radio from any of Rick's lookouts or snipers AND all of the walkers are gone. Some made their way into the Sanctuary when Daryl pulled his garbage truck stunt, but not all of them. So, it appears that Eugene may have come through and figured out a way to clear the Sanctuary of the walkers. Rick looks terrified when he sees this.

BONUS:
Eugene uses a device he made out a kite and iPod to try and lure walkers away from the Sanctuary. Dwight ends up shooting it down.

4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

He doesn't really escape, per se. The garbage people have created a Winslow 2.0 and force Rick to fight him. It seems they didn't learn the first time because of course, Rick kicks new Winslow's ass in less than a minute and beheads him. Rick then grabs Jadis and holds her head close to Winslow's head, asking her if they have a deal. She finally says "Yes." (When you gonna learn that no amount of Winslows is a match for Rick Grimes?) 

Um...is he still naked?   Because otherwise, I'VE ALREADY SEEN THIS, Show.  Ugh! 

4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

But when they arrive there is no answer on the radio from any of Rick's lookouts or snipers AND all of the walkers are gone. Some made their way into the Sanctuary when Daryl pulled his garbage truck stunt, but not all of them. So, it appears that Eugene may have come through and figured out a way to clear the Sanctuary of the walkers. Rick looks terrified when he sees this.

Yes because if they do get out they're probably going straight to Alexandria to kill your family, Rick.  Finish what you start before running off to Barter Town.  The Garbage People should have been killed for betraying them, or just ignored forever.  Daryl TOLD YOU he was going to go fuck it up.

They argue about the merits of attacking the Sanctuary. Rosita says she learned her lesson about going rogue after Sasha was killed, and she can't risk it again. She says she trusts Rick and that Daryl should too. They can't come to an agreement so Rosita leaves.

Well, that's super smart, Rosita.  If you want to back up Rick, maybe stick around and see wtf is going to happen so you can tell him.

As far as Eugene goes, he's actually the only logically consistent person on the show, even if I don't like his choices.

• Love 2
On 11/30/2017 at 10:46 AM, nodorothyparker said:

I seriously can't form a coherent reaction to this.  More junkyard walker fights?  People this far into "all out war" still unable to make a decision to pull the trigger?  Um, sure whatever.

I loved when Rick fought the Hellraiser zombie the first time.  It was ridiculously sublime.  Now it will just be stupid.  You only get one shot at making things like that work.

somehow I think Jadis will survive to become Ricks new love/lust interest.  Ick.  Though I do sort of like her.  But not enough for her to become full time. 

I think Rick is fascinated by Jadis, which is why he went back to the junkyard.  So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they hooked up, garbage style.  Does Michonne know where he went?  If so, I wonder how she feels about him going back to the woman who shot him?

I can't imagine Rick hooking up with Jadis or any other woman unless Michonne is dead. The show has committed to and invested in Rick and Michonne's relationship in way that it hasn't to any of the others besides Maggie and Glenn.

Besides if anything romantic is supposed to be between Rick and Jadis, they haven't told Andy because he has Rick looking at her like she is something that he has wiped off his boot. When she told Michonne that she wanted Rick after, he looked at her like WTF and backed the hell away. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I can't imagine Rick hooking up with Jadis or any other woman unless Michonne is dead. The show has committed to and invested in Rick and Michonne's relationship in way that it hasn't to any of the others besides Maggie and Glenn.

Agreed. There is nothing for the show to gain by hooking up Rick and Jadis and everything to lose. It would destroy Rick's character in a way that would be irreparable. And I don't see anything in Rick's characterization that would lead him to do it at all.

• Love 4

I agree that there's no hook up with Rick and Jadis in the works and he looks at her like she disgusts him.  So it's extra dumb that he went there, as part of the PLAN, with no PLAN B if they locked him up.  Daryl is off on Team Don't Give a Fuck, Michonne isn't coming for him...so (and I love Rick and am an apologist) he just looks really, really stupid for going to a group that already betrayed him, going with no one to back him up, going with nothing but photos and expecting them to go along with him.  Sigh.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Besides if anything romantic is supposed to be between Rick and Jadis, they haven't told Andy because he has Rick looking at her like she is something that he has wiped off his boot. When she told Michonne that she wanted Rick after, he looked at her like WTF and backed the hell away. 

I think it's entirely possible for Rick to simultaneously be repulsed, yet fascinated, by Jadis and it would have nothing to do with whatever feelings he might have for Michonne. 

I mean, lets's face it, they're all in the zombie apocalypse and find each other for solace, comfort, and yes, sex, but if things were ever to return to "normal" (i.e., they find a cure for the virus and rebuild civilization), who's to say that any of these people would remain with whoever they hooked up with in the ZA?  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think it's entirely possible for Rick to simultaneously be repulsed, yet fascinated, by Jadis and it would have nothing to do with whatever feelings he might have for Michonne. 

I mean, lets's face it, they're all in the zombie apocalypse and find each other for solace, comfort, and yes, sex, but if things were ever to return to "normal" (i.e., they find a cure for the virus and rebuild civilization), who's to say that any of these people would remain with whoever they hooked up with in the ZA?  

It took like 6 or 7 seasons for him to bang ANYONE.  Did he ever do more than kiss soft lil blonde Jessie?  (Was that even her name, I can't even remember). The idea of him having sex voluntarily with that old brain-damaged garbage hag with tragic hair is jumping a shark with a frigging laser beam on its head.  I would vomit.  I know this show hates me, but surely not that much.

• Love 16
20 minutes ago, peach said:

It took like 6 or 7 seasons for him to bang ANYONE.  Did he ever do more than kiss soft lil blonde Jessie?  (Was that even her name, I can't even remember). The idea of him having sex voluntarily with that old brain-damaged garbage hag with tragic hair is jumping a shark with a frigging laser beam on its head.  I would vomit.  I know this show hates me, but surely not that much.

There is literally no good OR bad story reason to have that become a thing even for a 15 minute fuck. It's ridiculous.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, peach said:

Thank you for the best post I’ve read all day.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Well, truth be told, I never thought that Rick was that much of a "prize" anyway, so it wouldn't bother me if he did hook up with her.

This explains why you see Rick banging Jadis as an option or want this to happen, but based on what is actually playing out on the show, there is no evidence that the writers are remotely hinting at anything like this. Andy is not portraying Rick as fascinated or in lust with Jadis as he was with the late Jessie. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Well, truth be told, I never thought that Rick was that much of a "prize" anyway, so it wouldn't bother me if he did hook up with her.

It's why I never wanted Rick and Michonne together, girl deserved much better. However now that she is back from Avenging or Black Panther-ing it seems she has drunk the stoopid cool aid as well, so maybe her and Rick deserve each other finally. But I still wouldn't want that Rick/Jadis thing to be a thing because...yuck.

• Love 1

It's a sign to me of what a mess the show and its writing are that we're even speculating on this.  Regardless of what I personally may think of Richonne at this point, the show put in the work of building them up and making them happen.    Yet with one silly line in last season's finale about the Dumpster Diva's interest in a hookup and Rick inexplicably chasing after these idiots yet again with no backup and armed only with Polaroids after they already betrayed and shot him, we're left thinking there has to be something more to it because surely even Rick can't be this stupid, right?  Right?

I guess if there's any consolation if it does happen, from what we've seen they'll be rolling around in a fairly clean pile of garbage and laundry.  Rick might even emerge from it a little less filthy looking.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

It's a sign to me of what a mess the show and its writing are that we're even speculating on this.  Regardless of what I personally may think of Richonne at this point, the show put in the work of building them up and making them happen.    Yet with one silly line in last season's finale about the Dumpster Diva's interest in a hookup and Rick inexplicably chasing after these idiots yet again with no backup and armed only with Polaroids after they already betrayed and shot him, we're left thinking there has to be something more to it because surely even Rick can't be this stupid, right?  Right?

As far as I can tell most of the people speculating about Rick and Jadis having a romantic attachment are the same people who never wanted Rick and Michonne together for whatever reason. Most people on the episode thread just think that Rick is being stupid attempting to form an alliance with Jadis which he is. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6

I think the actors do have lovely chemistry together and was fine with them getting together.  It made a certain sense to me for the characters at the time.  But since most of Michonne's story since then has been about propping Rick through one bad decision after another and telling him what a great leader he is even when that's a questionable opinion at best, I totally get why some people just want it to end.  The show isn't helping by throwing in Jadis, who expresses interest in sex with Rick in the same episode she shoots and double crosses him, or him inexplicably continuing to chase after her and the garbage people after that in the face of all reason.  Particularly not when Rick and Jadis are giving off a weird almost flirty vibe in their interactions that suggests some variant of garbage hate sex (I can't believe I just typed that phrase) in their future.  I don't know if that's actually what the show or the actors are actually going for, but I know I've picked up on it to the point where it wouldn't surprise me much if it did happen.

• Love 5

On a general note - Where is this show going? We've seen the same thing over and over. Our heroes find a relatively stable situation that gets destroyed, either by zombies, themselves, or the latest big bad. Presumably, by the end of this season Negan, the biggest, baddest, big bad of all the bads that ever bigged, will either be dead, captured, or have run away. What then? I don't know anything about the comics, other than what I've read here, but the show has never really shown much interest in how people would deal realistically with a ZA. Are we going to get a bottle episode or two with characters off on a meaningless quest during which they wax philosophic? To be followed by another big bad, no doubt. Does anyone have a plan for this show?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

This explains why you see Rick banging Jadis as an option or want this to happen, but based on what is actually playing out on the show, there is no evidence that the writers are remotely hinting at anything like this. Andy is not portraying Rick as fascinated or in lust with Jadis as he was with the late Jessie. 

I don't even know what this post is all about because all I said was that I didn't see Rick as a prize, so it wouldn't bother me if he and Jadis hooked up.   The fact that you don't see things that way is fine, it's your viewpoint, just as I have mine.   

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I think the actors do have lovely chemistry together and was fine with them getting together.  It made a certain sense to me for the characters at the time.  But since most of Michonne's story since then has been about propping Rick through one bad decision after another and telling him what a great leader he is even when that's a questionable opinion at best, I totally get why some people just want it to end.  The show isn't helping by throwing in Jadis, who expresses interest in sex with Rick in the same episode she shoots and double crosses him, or him inexplicably continuing to chase after her and the garbage people after that in the face of all reason.  Particularly not when Rick and Jadis are giving off a weird almost flirty vibe in their interactions that suggests some variant of garbage hate sex (I can't believe I just typed that phrase) in their future.  I don't know if that's actually what the show or the actors are actually going for, but I know I've picked up on it to the point where it wouldn't surprise me much if it did happen.

I have no problem in saying that I hate Michonne being with Rick; I think it's been bad for the character.  But even as much as I dislike Richonne, I couldn't believe what I was watching in the garbage dump scenes.  There is SOMETHING going on between Rick and Jadis.  I have no idea what it is but it's beyond negotiating for help in the fight against Negan.   And I have to agree with @raven, because if Rick doesn't have any sexual interest in Jadis, he's even stupider than I thought and that's pretty fucking stupid.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I have no problem in saying that I hate Michonne being with Rick; I think it's been bad for the character.  But even as much as I dislike Richonne, I couldn't believe what I was watching in the garbage dump scenes.  There is SOMETHING going on between Rick and Jadis.  I have no idea what it is but it's beyond negotiating for help in the fight against Negan.   And I have to agree with @raven, because if Rick doesn't have any sexual interest in Jadis, he's even stupider than I thought and that's pretty fucking stupid.

IMO there is nothing there between Rick and Jadis. I think the show is trying to make us THINK there MIGHT be something because of Jadis being such a gross creeper character.

Right now, Rick does look stupid and this show has never resisted making Rick look stupid. That said, I have a wild ass spec that  Rick is playing Jadis by using her apparent attraction for him to his advantage. In their first meeting he clearly was taken aback and squicked out with her insinuations and attempts to make it seem like she was the alpha woman there. Jadis was playing a power game with Rick and Michonne via sex. IMO, Rick is going to return the favor and end up the victor. How long that takes is a guess. 

I just have to believe that the show is not stupid enough to put them together in a real way, and to not have Rick be a complete imbecile. 

ETA: NO I do not think Rick will have sex with her at all to accomplish his goals.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

At this point I don't know what Rick's motivations are, maybe he is playing Jadis, but all I know is if Shane were still alive he would have disposed of her ass already.  I miss Shane.

Eh, I don't think that's a given. Shane was crazy LOL. He probably would have enjoyed her brand of crazy.

• Love 1

The actress that plays Jadis has suggested that her idiotic way of talking may just be a strategy to make outsiders uncomfortable and confused...which might be grasping at straws, but it's better than no reason, I guess.  It would be funny if Rick snuck up and found them laughing and talking like normal ppl when no one was watching, but of course won't happen.  Anyway, in that light, maybe Jadis' sex talk was just her trolling them.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, peach said:

Didn’t Jesse do that outsider art metal working thing too?   Rick appears to have a thing for a woman with a blow torch.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Gobi said:

On a general note - Where is this show going? We've seen the same thing over and over. Our heroes find a relatively stable situation that gets destroyed, either by zombies, themselves, or the latest big bad. Presumably, by the end of this season Negan, the biggest, baddest, big bad of all the bads that ever bigged, will either be dead, captured, or have run away. What then? I don't know anything about the comics, other than what I've read here, but the show has never really shown much interest in how people would deal realistically with a ZA. Are we going to get a bottle episode or two with characters off on a meaningless quest during which they wax philosophic? To be followed by another big bad, no doubt. Does anyone have a plan for this show?

Let me be brief: No. No one has a plan. Pure auto-pilot.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

As far as I can tell most of the people speculating about Rick and Jadis having a romantic attachment are the same people who never wanted Rick and Michonne together for whatever reason. Most people on the episode thread just think that Rick is being stupid attempting to form an alliance with Jadis which he is. 

I was waiting for Rick and michonne to hook up. Here, I'm worried that the writers might fling things that way, if michonne (Danai) is working more on other things, and isn't around. 

I thnk Rick is a moron for going back to her again, when she stabbed him in the back before. He's telling Carl to be careful, but then happily walking into her place, where he's faced no end of trouble, to try again. 

If she loses most of her people to a Negan pout, then will she end up back at Alexandria? 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Carl was in the preview. He said that they just have to survive the night. It makes me think that his death might happen.

I feel pretty much nothing anymore about this show, but this will really upset me.  I'll probably just follow the live speculation thread and not watch it.

3 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

If Carl gets killed.  Please let him be the first in the purging of this cast.  At least it will be an interesting event in this dying show.

They might as well all die, then, anyway, as the frigging point of all this sacrifice is to make a future for Carl.  Turns out Michonne was wrong, they never should have settled in Alexandria.  They should have kept going.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

If Carl gets killed.  Please let him be the first in the purging of this cast.  At least it will be an interesting event in this dying show.

If this does happen,  there will be a huge backlash.

Could be the straw the breaks it for the fans.

Folks are sick of Negan.

Still pissed about Glenn's death, due to Daryl being impulsive.

Now another OG  character could  die, because of him being impulsive once again.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, peach said:

I feel pretty much nothing anymore about this show, but this will really upset me.  I'll probably just follow the live speculation thread and not watch it.

Me, too. Although I might not even read that - I've just skimmed, and saw that Michonne was apparently an idiot this week, Rosita is suddenly a pacifist after being the bright spot last week. Rick spends the hour with the garbage people. 

I don't think these people were in the comics, from what I checked a couple of years ago. I was more interested in the community of girls and women, but Rick stole their guns, so they're probably dead now. Unless I'm forgetting something, the way Maggie forgot about Beth. Maggie has been pregnant for 2-1/2 years now. Ugh, I put this down, and forgot to post. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Yep, after that preview on TD, I think that Carl was bit in the last episode. I bet that he was about tell Michonne when Negan knocked. 

A stupid, random, pointless walker bite for our intrepid Carl.  What bullshit.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, peach said:

A stupid, random, pointless walker bite for our intrepid Carl.  What bullshit.

Well, I have been wrong lots of time before and could be wrong now. Maybe he is killed in the war with Negan.