Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, peach said:

A car chase?  With crazy Death Proof music blaring?  I was laughing, but I kinda liked it. 

I know, right? So much zaniness ensuing. Rick and Negan are playing Demolition Derby! I can't wait for my CC to describe this: [big crash] [smashing noises]

Oh, dear - I think this is going to inspire another "Wacky Sax" vid

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I guess we'll know for sure if Negan is allowed to inexplicably escape through a tunnel painted hastily on the side of a building.  

At this point I'd like that.

10 hours ago, peach said:

sideswipe him and raise his fist and shout, "I'm gonna KILL you!" and then drive away really fast. 

Hahaha! And as he speeds off we'll hear him yelling, "Not today, for sure. Maybe tomorrow, or the day after that... " *voice fades out*

2 hours ago, jenrising said:

Accidental good writing cannot stand!

Don't worry. They've been accident-free for a very long time.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jenrising said:

It's kind of impressive, really. They've set up a wonderful story moment where Negan's so busy trying to bring Rick and co to heel that he's missing the fact that his most trusted guys have turned on him. And could be the reason he dies at Rick's hands. But... they're not going to do it. Accidental good writing cannot stand!

Now you’re just being silly; no way does this bunch of buttnumb typing monkeys kill off Negan.  

More likely they park Negan’s ass in the cell Morgan built and keep him going with the Next Great Installment of his Incarceration Monologues.  :P

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Now you’re just being silly; no way does this bunch of buttnumb typing monkeys kill off Negan.  

More likely they park Negan’s ass in the cell Morgan built and keep him going with the Next Great Installment of his Incarceration Monologues.  :P

I can't give you a "like" for that one ;)

But, of course you're right.  That's clearly what they're planning to do; it's why they killed Carl and fired Chandler Riggs. They love Negan even if the rest of us hate him (not love to hate him either, just hate him).  I've got to say, I also despise Jeffrey Dean Morgan's acting choices in the role too -- he's choosing to play Negan as amused by everything and it's fucking grating. I'm never afraid of the character; I can't see why others are afraid of him; and I don't care about any scene he's in.  

Seriously, what about that character would frighten all the other Saviors? Or make them loyal to him?  We know why people follow Rick; we got why the Termites followed the barista dude; I understood why people followed the Governor both times. (I didn't quite get Grady's power structure but Beth was Bething around so much that there might just have been static interference or something; BUT Negan?  No clue.     

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, rab01 said:

Seriously, what about that character would frighten all the other Saviors? Or make them loyal to him? 

I wish someone could find an answer to that that would make me think, "Oh. Okay. I see." But I don't see. He's a loud-mouthed asshole who parades around yelling about his balls, swinging his over-sized phallic symbol - he's carrying a frickin' baseball bat while all his toadies are totin' automatic weapons and many of them have been threatened and victimized by him (face-ironing, wife-stealing, etc). They watched their doctor thrown into a fire, yet not a single one of them ever thinks, "Let's take him out."  He's not even bright: Every far-out, ridiculous, garbled idea Eugene throws at him has him reacting, "Oh, wow! That's genius!"

A catapult for flinging zombies? Really? And here I thought we'd reached the Zaniness Overload with the purring, anthropomorphic attack tiger.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

But wasn't that cell in Alexandria and didn't Alexandria kinda go kaboom? Is the cell going to be the only thing that didn't burn down? And who is going to keep an eye on him in there what with no place to sleep left? Or is a wizard going to come by, wave a wand and voilà, Alexandria is as good as new?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Smad said:

But wasn't that cell in Alexandria and didn't Alexandria kinda go kaboom? Is the cell going to be the only thing that didn't burn down? And who is going to keep an eye on him in there what with no place to sleep left? Or is a wizard going to come by, wave a wand and voilà, Alexandria is as good as new?

Well, we know they can't BUILD Alexandria back. Showing the viewers world-building. The biggest no-no in TWD land.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Does that cell still exist, or was it destroyed in the Alexandria explosions?

Edited to add - I see that others have already asked the same question.

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Does that cell still exist, or was it destroyed in the Alexandria explosions?

Maybe the cell - a monument to Morgan's wasting of resources and materials of Alexandria as he eats their food and lives by their charity yet contributes nothing but disdain for them while in his "Love everyone" fad - still stands. Very useful it was shown to be.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

Incarceration Monologues

Oh, Jeez I love that. 

So, who's in for Season 9?  The show can't miss with these great storylines of our favorite characters:

Negan's Incarceration Monologues

Jadis as the Biggest Baddest Ever, Alpha of The Whisperers

Henry as Carl 2.0

Tara as the Hilltop leader (when Lauren Cohan leaves for her new TV series)

• Love 5

Fast forward reveals that when Rick and Michonne made their run out of Alexandria there was at least a whole row of houses that looked okay.  Actually, I think their own house was okay.  They went thru the front and out the back door.  Because of course, Negan never kills Rick either and didn't even burn down his house when firebombing others.  Got the gazebo though.  That'll teach'em.

Spoiler

I don't read the comics but I think I've heard stuff about how Alexandria still exists at the end of this "war.". But then again, so does Carl.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, rab01 said:

I can't give you a "like" for that one ;)

I totally understand; true though it may be, *I* can’t give me a Like on that’un either.  ;)   There’s nothing likable about it.

4 hours ago, rab01 said:

Seriously, what about that character would frighten all the other Saviors? Or make them loyal to him?  We know why people follow Rick; we got why the Termites followed the barista dude; I understood why people followed the Governor both times. (I didn't quite get Grady's power structure but Beth was Bething around so much that there might just have been static interference or something; BUT Negan?  No clue.     

Helifino.  In truth, a baseball bat - even one wrapped in barbed wire - is kind of a bullshit weapon:

1. A bat is strictly useful in one-on-one encounters; you can’t impact more than one target at a time with sufficient force to credibly disable them.
  2. A bat’s utility as a weapon radically falls off against any opponent who isn’t (a) a brain-dead walker or (b) totally incapacitated - i.e., opponents incapable of defending themselves.  If your opponent is unrestrained and reasonably agile, the odds are against you in a relatively fair fight.
  3. Thing about a bat is, you have to swing it pretty dern hard to generate enough impact force to incapacitate a person - which means you better be spot-on-target for a fairly lethal strike with that first swing.  Miss, and the bat’s own momentum will take it out of play.  Take into account that at the same time your opponent is advancing on you with their weapon - and getting within the bat’s effective strike zone in the process - and you just moved into a doublewide in FuckMe Flats, buddy.

...all of which is why I’ve always considered Negan about as personally scary as a Furby; go one-on-one with him with a good knife, and you could be fashioning a right smart set of suspenders out of his guts in reasonably short order.

2 hours ago, Smad said:

Not all the ASZ burned down - many, like Rick’s, were still intact.  And the cell was constructed out of cinderblock; much of the surrounding building might be gone, but the cell could still be standing.

In any case, the ASZ’s previous “one or two people per house” arrangement wasn’t really practical in the ZA environment anyway; it was a little more than a desperate grab at retaining a measure of what pre-ZA life was like, and lent itself to significant resource wastage.  So if people were willing to group together in the remaining houses while rebuilding, there’s no reason why a scaled-back version of Alexandria couldn’t be put back in working order.

Besides, I doubt they need NEAR as many houses now.  ;)

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

Oh, Jeez I love that. 

So, who's in for Season 9?  The show can't miss with these great storylines of our favorite characters:

Negan's Incarceration Monologues

Actually, I generally think of Negan as a strutting leather-jacket-wearing poser Fonzie-wannabe walking talking vagina - but that’un was already taken.  ;>

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Not all the ASZ burned down - many, like Rick’s, were still intact.  And the cell was constructed out of cinderblock; much of the surrounding building might be gone, but the cell could still be standing.

In any case, the ASZ’s previous “one or two people per house” arrangement wasn’t really practical in the ZA environment anyway; it was a little more than a desperate grab at retaining a measure of what pre-ZA life was like, and lent itself to significant resource wastage.  So if people were willing to group together in the remaining houses while rebuilding, there’s no reason why a scaled-back version of Alexandria couldn’t be put back in working order.

Besides, I doubt they need NEAR as many houses now.  ;)

But why bother with what's left of Alexandria? They would have to rebuild the walls as well as anything else. Hilltop and Kingdom are so far still intact, and the Kingdom seemed huge enough. Plus over half of the Kingdom people died anyway. But they probably won't leave it at two communities because we have to have everyone spread out to add more useless characters and do plenty bottle episodes.

• Love 3

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on This Is Us, Walking Dead, Good Doctor, Fosters, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Blindspot and More
By Michael Ausiello / March 14 2018
http://tvline.com/2018/03/14/this-is-us-season-3-spoilers-rebecca-miguel/

Question: Any hints about how Morgan is leaving The Walking Dead? —Jerome
Ausiello
: As coincidence would have it, we asked showrunner Scott Gimple exactly that during a recent interview. And while he wouldn’t reveal anything specific about how Lennie James’ character was being set up to leave for Fear the Walking Dead, he did suggest that the crossover didn’t require a whole lotta rewriting. “The story we had planned for this season very much [aligned] with the idea of Morgan going on to Fear,” he said. “This is very much The Walking Dead’s Morgan story. But it’s just, at its conclusion, where he was at really opened the door emotionally for him to enter the world of Fear.”

15 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Here's my speculation for season 9;  The show will truly earn its title, since it is well on its way to doing so currently.

For my own personal feelings on it, this series displays as much "life" as a long-'dead' walker.

Isn't that kind of insulting to walkers though? They have a goal and they go after it with gusto, well as much as a corpse can do. Unlike our alive people who promise to do something and never deliver, like killing someone. They are not distracted by stupid feelings that makes them act stupid, monologue or be bitchy. And they are definitely smarter than most alive people considering how easy it is for them to kill said alive people. Why yes Tyreese and Carl, I'm looking at the likes of you.

At this point I'd rather watch a TWD told from the perspective of a walker. It's gotta be more interesting than what we have now...

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Exclusive scene with Rick and Daryl from the next episode.

<sniffles>  This interaction is what I want.  Why can't they do that more than once or twice in a whole season?  No matter how stupid this show gets, I always want to ease Rick's pain.  lol

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peach said:

<sniffles>  This interaction is what I want.  Why can't they do that more than once or twice in a whole season?  No matter how stupid this show gets, I always want to ease Rick's pain.  lol

Makes me remember earlier seasons. This show, the life they’re living, has been an emotional journey for these people we’ve known since the quarry. Too bad we hardly get to “check in” with them like this. Too bad Carl’s dead. What a waste all around. 

• Love 7

From TSDF Army:  More new people and Rick fails yet again to kill Negan.  Meep meep.

Q&A Episode 8.12 “The Key”

1. What happens during the car chase scene with Negan and Rick?

Rick still has the radio that belonged to the Saviors, so he hears ahead of time that they are coming. He sees Negan in a black car, pursues him, and eventually crashes into Negan's car.

2. It looks like Rick and Negan have a confrontation. Do they fight? Does Negan get away?

Yes! They get into one helluva fight. Lucille is set on fire and Negan is almost eaten by a walker. Alas, Negan gets away. (Who knew?)

3. What do Simon and the Saviors do after Negan gets in the car wreck?

Simon and Dwight try to locate Negan, but they find the car wreck and lots of blood. Simon presumes Negan is dead or close to death and instructs the Saviors to attack the Hilltop with the intention of killing them all.

4. Does Simon do anything else against Negan’s orders?

Yep.. Now that Simon and the other Saviors think Negan may be dead, or at least dying, he says it's time to "expunge" the Hilltop and move onto other communities. Simon steppin’ up to be mob boss.

5. How does Dwight act during this episode? Does he do anything to help Team Family?

No, he doesn't do anything specifically to help Team Family, but he also doesn't support Simon's crazy plans to take Negan's place.

6. How is Hilltop preparing for the attack? What is the plan?

There are several lookouts and everyone is preparing to fight.

7. Does anyone die? Who?

No. Well, Lucille almost does, but Negan saves her just in time. Then there is the reunion scene…. (Just kidding.)

8. Is a new group introduced? Who encounters them and what are they like?

The group doesn't have a name, but the leader's name is Georgie and resembles the woman who leads the "New World Order" in the latest issues of the Walking Dead comics. That’s just a guess though. They seem benevolent and simply want to build up communities so that they can ally with them.

9.  What are Michonne, Maggie, and Enid doing out on the road?

People from the new group left a couple of crates and a note just outside of the Hilltop. Our ladies come across the note. It says to fill the crates with phonograph records (Not a typo. For real - that’s what it says.) and you'll get the "key to the future." Michonne, Maggie and Enid decide to follow up and find out who these mysterious people are.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

From TSDF Army:  More new people and Rick fails yet again to kill Negan.  Meep meep.

8. Is a new group introduced?  Who encounters them and what are they like?

michael no.png

• Love 12
15 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Exclusive scene with Rick and Daryl from the next episode.

I think this must represent a conversation they had in the break room after reading the scripts.  "The people who are gone.  The people who are still here.  It ain't right."

3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

People from the new group left a couple of crates and a note just outside of the Hilltop. Our ladies come across the note. It says to fill the crates with phonograph records (Not a typo. For real - that’s what it says.) and you'll get the "key to the future." Michonne, Maggie and Enid decide to follow up and find out who these mysterious people are.

Danai is an award winning playwright.  Can you imagine what she and Andy must talk about in private?  lol 

This is so stupid that I...I...I can't even think of anything to describe it.  It's so stupid!  Who could easily find a crate full of "phonograph" records NOW, in a fully functioning society?  Phonograph records?  PHONOGRAPH?  WHO CALLS THEM THAT?  If I received this note, I would find them and kill them.  We have enough problems in the ZA than to bother with anachronistic scavenger hunt pranks.  This makes the garbage people almost make sense.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, peach said:

This is so stupid that I...I...I can't even think of anything to describe it.  It's so stupid!  Who could easily find a crate full of "phonograph" records NOW, in a fully functioning society?  Phonograph records?  PHONOGRAPH?  WHO CALLS THEM THAT?  If I received this note, I would find them and kill them.  We have enough problems in the ZA than to bother with anachronistic scavenger hunt pranks.  This makes the garbage people almost make sense.

That can't possibly be real. If it's true and the actresses actually sell THAT scene to me, then give each one of them an Emmy.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rab01 said:

That can't possibly be real. If it's true and the actresses actually sell THAT scene to me, then give each one of them an Emmy.  

But..but..it's the key to the future.

When all this time we thought Carl was the key to the future.  It was phonograph records.

Edited by peach
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

4. Does Simon do anything else against Negan’s orders?

Yep.. Now that Simon and the other Saviors think Negan may be dead, or at least dying, he says it's time to "expunge" the Hilltop and move onto other communities.

What...communities? Alexandria is bombed to the ground. Kingdom lost most of it's inhabitants but at least it's still standing, I guess. And he plans to expunge Hilltop which would likely lead to another burned down community. Oceanside doesn't really count and Garbage Pile is also gone for good. Did I miss all the communities in that area because I skipped episodes?

7. Does anyone die? Who?

No. Well, Lucille almost does, but Negan saves her just in time. Then there is the reunion scene…. (Just kidding.)

So we have to endure watching him trying to save a bat wrapped in barbed wire, probably followed by a big monologue about how much he loves it and would never let her die. While we can't spend any time with characters who have known Carl for years (some like Carol who was his part time babysitter back then) and see how they think about his death? Good to know the showrunners have their priorities in order.

8. Is a new group introduced? Who encounters them and what are they like?

The group doesn't have a name, but the leader's name is Georgie and resembles the woman who leads the "New World Order" in the latest issues of the Walking Dead comics. That’s just a guess though. They seem benevolent and simply want to build up communities so that they can ally with them.

I literally am speechless. I can't understand what the point is anymore. The Garbage Pile Society literally had no point whatsoever and I'm still scratching my head as to why they were there in the first place. And now that they are done, here is the newest weirdo community. Where do all these communities freaking come from? Apparently there are a 100 around the area where our characters are yet they never run into them until the show needs even more useless people added to the cast after killing off the previously useless ones.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, peach said:

Who could easily find a crate full of "phonograph" records NOW, in a fully functioning society?  Phonograph records?  PHONOGRAPH?  WHO CALLS THEM THAT?  If I received this note, I would find them and kill them. 

LOL, whut? I have a cabinet full of "Phonograph" records but I hardly think they contain any important secrets of life. I've said this before, but TWD seems to live in a world gone by - a world of phonograph records are the norm, of teens who have model airplanes in their bedrooms instead of video games, where prisons still operate all the cells with giant keychains and where the local "General Stores" appear to be lifted from "Gone With the Wind."

4 hours ago, tricknasty said:

These two should just start making out.

Fanfic afficianado? The world where, if two men have even a casual conversation, it means they want to have sex.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I've said this before, but TWD seems to live in a world gone by - a world of phonograph records are the norm, of teens who have model airplanes in their bedrooms instead of video games, where prisons still operate all the cells with giant keychains and where the local "General Stores" appear to be lifted from "Gone With the Wind."

Where children are named Carl and Enid.

Of course I realize some ppl still own vinyl, but it's still rare.  Ppl barely even have CD's anymore.

15 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Er - somebody with a phonograph?  ;>

What's that, Sonny?  Could you talk louder into my ear horn?  

Enid better say, "Wtf is a phonograph?"

Edited by peach
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, peach said:

Where children are named Carl and Enid.

And Henry and Sam. Ten years ago people were still naming their babies "Henry"?

40 minutes ago, peach said:

Ppl barely even have CD's anymore.

I know. I have a huge library of DVD movies and no working DVD player on which to watch them. I still had a bunch of VHS tapes and just this week chucked them. I have a lot of vinyl records dating back to the Jurassic period, but can't remember the last time I played any of them. Everything I have becomes obsolete overnight. I need to go the TWD world where everything I have is the latest technology.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

2. It looks like Rick and Negan have a confrontation. Do they fight? Does Negan get away?

Yes! They get into one helluva fight. Lucille is set on fire and Negan is almost eaten by a walker. Alas, Negan gets away. (Who knew?)

fpalm.jpg.8279a3fa99f6a146ad60c6c2b0c9c8d9.jpg

11 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Is a new group introduced? Who encounters them and what are they like?

The group doesn't have a name, but the leader's name is Georgie and resembles the woman who leads the "New World Order" i

meme.jpg.27d84d31be5fe41ecae2e0c18d90d756.jpg

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Smad said:

What...communities? Alexandria is bombed to the ground. Kingdom lost most of it's inhabitants but at least it's still standing, I guess. And he plans to expunge Hilltop which would likely lead to another burned down community. Oceanside doesn't really count and Garbage Pile is also gone for good. Did I miss all the communities in that area because I skipped episodes?

So we have to endure watching him trying to save a bat wrapped in barbed wire, probably followed by a big monologue about how much he loves it and would never let her die. While we can't spend any time with characters who have known Carl for years (some like Carol who was his part time babysitter back then) and see how they think about his death? Good to know the showrunners have their priorities in order.

I literally am speechless. I can't understand what the point is anymore. The Garbage Pile Society literally had no point whatsoever and I'm still scratching my head as to why they were there in the first place. And now that they are done, here is the newest weirdo community. Where do all these communities freaking come from? Apparently there are a 100 around the area where our characters are yet they never run into them until the show needs even more useless people added to the cast after killing off the previously useless ones.

I can see a lot of survivors banding together and forming some type of mutual defense or survival society.  But why does every one of these groups have some gimmick?

Also it supposedly hasn't been a long time since the ZA.  You'd need years to develop these distinct group identities.  You'd think the whole Negan and Saviors thing developed over years, how he told them to keep the groups around as their slave labor but make examples by killing one or two.

Now they're in their 8th season so that's about right but supposedly hit hasn't been nearly that long of a time since the start of the show.

As for yet another new group, predictable, they want to keep this show going indefinitely so they have to keep cranking out new villains.  That doesn't necessarily mean Negan will be vanquished.  Remember, they want to keep that lame character around and bring him into the fold, so Rick and he could be BFFs.  But now they will be fighting other baddies.

Maybe if they keep going, they will allow not just Maggie but even Rick to leave and Negan to take his place.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, scrb said:

But why does every one of these groups have some gimmick?

Really, what are the odds that if you're wandering around a couple years after an apocalypse, you run into - one after the other -  a group of murderous, feral lunatics with a "W" cut into their foreheads, assembly line cannibals, a medieval group with a King sitting on a stage with his tiger, a group of cops who immediately turned evil, sadistic rapists, a bunch of nuts living in a dump and doing arts and crafts, and yet another murderous group led by a bat-wielding maniac and his merry band of synchronized whistlers? The only truly realistic gang was the Merletones.

When one facepalm is not enough:

triple_facepalm_super.jpg

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Smad said:

There's Oceanside. The Saviors don't know about it yet, but I'm sure someone from Rick's group will lead them to it before too long.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

It's gotten so bad, folks, that I can think of nothing to say, and that's a rarity for me.  I read this spoiler post almost 24 hours ago...and still I've got nothing.  It could be fatal.

• Love 5
On 3/16/2018 at 11:42 AM, peach said:

I think this must represent a conversation they had in the break room after reading the scripts.  "The people who are gone.  The people who are still here.  It ain't right."

Danai is an award winning playwright.  Can you imagine what she and Andy must talk about in private?  lol 

It’s hipsters.  Even worse than saviors.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

It's gotten so bad, folks, that I can think of nothing to say, and that's a rarity for me. 

Oh, come on! There's so much to snark about here and that snark is the only pleasure to be had now.

23 hours ago, Nashville said:

Er - somebody with a phonograph?  ;>

A phonograph? Not a record player, which is what I've called them my whole life until record players went the way of the dodo. Are they going to use one of these?

phonegraphY6L._SY355_.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
On 15/03/2018 at 8:38 AM, tv echo said:

“The story we had planned for this season very much [aligned] with the idea of Morgan going on to Fear,” he said. “This is very much The Walking Dead’s Morgan story. But it’s just, at its conclusion, where he was at really opened the door emotionally for him to enter the world of Fear.”

I hope that he annihilates the griswold family.

• Love 3

It's suppose to take place within the past 10 years right! The setting of this show?

They act like there weren't hundreds of millions of iPods and MP3 players sold over 10 years ago.  Before MP3, CDs dominated for a good 20-30 years.  Unless you live in a big city or a university town, go look for a place that sells old LP records.  But after the ZA, you can find players and records?

or how there wer already hundreds of millions of smart phones in use around the world by 2010.

They can find old Polaroid cameras and even more crude cameras but not one iPHone?

The characters are all handy with cars and guns and living off the grid.  Darryl knows how to do that but the rest of them?

• Love 3
On 15/03/2018 at 1:10 PM, Smad said:

At this point I'd rather watch a TWD told from the perspective of a walker. It's gotta be more interesting than what we have now...

That would be interesting for an episode.  The protagonist gets killed at the beginning,  we see him wandering around and at the end he kills someone important.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, scrb said:

It's suppose to take place within the past 10 years right! The setting of this show?

They act like there weren't hundreds of millions of iPods and MP3 players sold over 10 years ago.  Before MP3, CDs dominated for a good 20-30 years. 

In an episode I actually enjoyed, when Michonne and Rick hooked up, it started with with him listening to More Than A Feeling on a phone or iPod.   Which was cool.

Maybe they meant "pornographic" instead of "phonograph"

• Love 3
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

A phonograph? Not a record player, which is what I've called them my whole life until record players went the way of the dodo. Are they going to use one of these?

phonegraphY6L._SY355_.jpg

Why not?  They’re still around - hell, just raid the nearest antique shop or Cracker Barrel.  

And the best thing about phonographs vs. record players?  No electricity required.  Just crank it up and let ‘er fly.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

And the best thing about phonographs vs. record players?  No electricity required.  Just crank it up and let ‘er fly.

This is quite true, and advantageous for a little entertainment. I hope these phonograph records they find are 78's, even though "You're the Cream in my Coffee" blaring might attract walkers, ne'er-do-wells and maniacal despots.:O

Everything we've seen lately - all the gimmicky groups, incredible human feats, etc., are pure comic book or cartoon where such things (like superheroes) are just fine. In live-action drama they just do not work, IMO.

• Love 3

kill_myself_nph.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5516128

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 8
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, come on! There's so much to snark about here and that snark is the only pleasure to be had now.

I dunno if I have it in me anymore, Angela.  Something broke inside of me when I read that they were going to taunt us with a 20 foot tall Negan--smirking, leaning and rhapsodizing about his bodily functions on the screens of all 750 AMC theaters for the S8 finale.  That might have been the point where such breathtaking Ozymandias levels of unbridled hubris kilt me dead.  We shall see.  

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

I dunno if I have it in me anymore, Angela.  Something broke inside of me when I read that they were going to taunt us with a 20 foot tall Negan--smirking, leaning and rhapsodizing about his bodily functions on the screens of all 750 AMC theaters for the S8 finale.  That might have been the point where such breathtaking Ozymandias levels of unbridled hubris kilt me dead.  We shall see.  

OMG.  I feel so sorry for those who will have to deal with that.  If it was me??

tenor.gif?itemid=4862594

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 4