Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E10: Redemption House of Cards

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

When one team pulls the Double Cross, a player takes politicking to a whole new level when he tries to flirt his way to safety. A disgusting meal awaits the players at the "Dunking for Dinner" challenge.

Airs September 11, 2018.

Don't promise me reads and give me a bunch of poorly worded rants (Natalie). The only thing I enjoyed was Faith busting Kyle and Ashley.  I don't know who said it but I was dying when said Paulie and Natalie had to go back to the redemption house where they live. They are never getting back in the challenge house. Natalie really isn't good at these eliminations.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Paul lost for a third time!  This will never get old.

I enjoy that Nelson and Shane genuinely hate each other and aren’t just pretending so they can be on the show.

John.  Shut your face you dick.  Your relations are not off limits since you don’t feel everyone else’s are off limits.  He really is the worst at being able to dish it out and absolutely not take it.

Sniffle.  Bye CT.  Sniffle.

• Love 12

I honestly don't know what I hate more . . . this series, or myself.

Last week, I pondered the possibility of Natalie & Paulie getting sent to Armagaddon, lose, and stay in the game. Well, thank you, Da'vonne and Jozea for keeping loyal to Big Brother. Once again, Paulie's arrogance writes checks Natalie's mediocrity can't cash. They are now 0-3, but they're still in the game. Do we need Scarlet Witch to go crazy and whisper, "No more second chances"? Such bullshit.

And then, we get the teaser for the endless season, and TJ saying that one person has the opportunity to split the $1 million jackpot, or keep it call for themselves. I fucking knew it. Of course BMP would bring back the Screw Sarah Twist, with higher stakes. Of course, Johnny & Tony will win. Of course, Johnny will keep the money. Of course, everyone will love him for being a charismatic rogue, even as Tony whines about money being taken away from his daughters. Just watch.

And we get perhaps the most bizarre visual of CT leaving the game with plenty of season left. I don't think that has never happened before. IIRC, if CT didn't complete a Challenge, he would get eliminated in the final elimination round. I know he's "only" won twice, but that should push him up for G.O.A.T. status. Also, I don't really hate Veronica. Notice how we didn't hear them take part in the "read." To think that they'd grown up, AND we'd see people so much worse at the same age.

Oh, and there's a purge. A Purge and purging. Wheeeee.

Fuck it . . . stop the season, split the money evenly. Nobody tell Natalie & Paulie. Fuck it, keep them in Redemption House until they run out of food and go halfway into cannibalism.

PS: Did MTV and/or BMP pitch in for CT's wedding? That would take the sting out of his getting eliminated a little.

• Love 5

I am confused about the whole "Ashley lying about sleeping with Kyle" scandal.  I get that it is a a game and relationships are important but why does Ashley need to discuss her sexual partners with Hunter or anybody else? 

Also, was I the only one confused how the challenge at the end of the show actually worked?  Was it that for the more bags they get = more plate options for their partner to eat and therefore the teams with more than 7 plates could pass over the least appealing options?  

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I am confused about the whole "Ashley lying about sleeping with Kyle" scandal.  I get that it is a a game and relationships are important but why does Ashley need to discuss her sexual partners with Hunter or anybody else? 

Yeah, Hunter being all “she lied to me!  Scandale!” confused me too.

She lied to you.  So?  How does her fucking Kyle affect your game in the slightest?

I mean, I get Cara being upset about it, even if she’s working my last nerve with her drama, but it should mean fuckall to Hunter what Ashley is doing when they are not in a competition.

And that’s the last time I'll defend Ashley.

On an unrelated note, Joss imitating CT was so funny.  He sounded just like him.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 8

Having the Redemption House is bad enough, but then summarily dismissing people purely on the luck of a draw is just plain stupid.  What is even worse is that Josea makes the draw and then mouths off about how badass he is.  We all saw you, fella, suck supremely on Champs vs. Stars.  And the crazy guy somehow is still in the House.  There is nary a decent person to root for anymore.

• Love 1

Brad has been such a non-factor in all the drama since his phone call with Brit…I actually forgot that he’s still in the game until I saw the flashback of Paulie going crazy at the last battle back. I know Kyle isn’t technically a rookie but I can’t remember the last time I saw a rookie in this game play such a solid strategic game as he has. He messes around too much with the women and it may be his downfall but in the meantime, he knows when to push people’s buttons and when to abort. I also do find him funny. His THs are my favourite, lol.

Watching Natalie’s read was so embarrassing because Kam shut her down so quick. Natalie didn’t look the least bit intimidating, lol.  Good Lord, Natalie is such a choker. I wonder if she’s just going to make a career of being on the Challenge until she proves she can actually win a battle. There may be a BB alliance, but Paulie and Natalie are so good for Jozea and Day’s game because they’re the only team that they can beat with ease.

I’m so confused about Cara. Is she really all broken up about Kyle or is she really just suffering from a bruised ego because she was into him and he ghosted her after the show?

• Love 7

Wow, Natalie sucks as a competitor almost as much as Derrick does.

I am so confused about The Challenge.  Why did the people who pulled the most bags have to eat the most plates????  I spent the entire time trying to figure out the logic behind that and have come up with nothing.  

Clearly, none of the Redemption House folks understand what a read is.  They aren't supposed to be overtly mean and angry; they're actually supposed to be a bit funny.  

Shut up, Johnny!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, mojoween said:

Yeah, Hunter being all “she lied to me!  Scandale!” confused me too.

She lied to you.  So?  How does her fucking Kyle affect your game in the slightest?

I mean, I get Cara being upset about it, even if she’s working my last nerve with her drama, but it should mean fuckall to Hunter what Ashley is doing when they are not in a competition.

And that’s the last time I'll defend Ashley.

On an unrelated note, Joss imitating CT was so funny.  He sounded just like him.

That got a real laugh out of me which is rare for this show. 

Angela's read was also pretty pathetic. She's acting like a dog off the chain but saying nothing of substance and didn't really get a reaction out of anyone. Glad she left.

I'm not a fan of the vomit shots they do every season but Zach covered in snot saying that he has 2 college degrees was pretty funny.

I skipped the previews because I hate that they spoil all the good parts but if the winnings can be split or kept, my prediction is that Johnny and Tony get to the end and Johnny chooses to share this time showing what a magnanimous guy he is.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Pardon my doddering dotage but “reads,” this is a new thing?  Like it’s widely known?

I thought it was something they made up in redemption out of boredom.  It sounds like a roast.

I am wondering the same thing?! 

Jozea isn't as terrible on this season.  Maybe Davonne keeps him a little calmer. 

I despise the eating challenges.  I hate seeing people barf! Blech!

• Love 2

The rules as I understood them were:  Whoever ate the most plates of food in the shortest time won; whoever ate the least amount of plates in the time limit loses.  

Therefore anyone who got all 13 bags got 13 plates, and if  they finished them first, they won.  Cara and Marie could never win, since they got fewer bags than anyone.  By the same token, anyone who ate more than Cara and Marie's 6 could not lose, as Cara and Marie could never beat them, even if they ate all of theirs.  Therefore, everyone behind the winner (and I can't even remember who won!  That's terrible!)  only had to finish 7, even if they had more, because other than determining a winner, the only other essential result was to figure out who went to Redemption House right away in the purge.  

Everyone ate 7 except that it was left at a cliffhanger with Kam still struggling to eat 7 before the time limit, and Cara chomping away at her 6.  I believe the previews spoiled it though.

I also enjoyed Joss' CT impersonation, and the return of the night snail, who brought a friend this time.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Pardon my doddering dotage but “reads,” this is a new thing?  Like it’s widely known?

I thought it was something they made up in redemption out of boredom.  It sounds like a roast.

48 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

I am wondering the same thing?! 

Jozea isn't as terrible on this season.  Maybe Davonne keeps him a little calmer. 

I despise the eating challenges.  I hate seeing people barf! Blech!

The following was taken from this article: https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/news/a13716/rupaul-drag-race-terms-to-know/

Jozea interrupted TJ to say, "The library is open."  Reading is what you do once the library is open and shade is closely associated.

The library

Definition: In reference to reading, or throwing shade, the library is metaphorically a place where drag queens insult each other back and forth in a playful manner.

Used in a sentence: "Girls, the library is open. Now, read her for FILTH!"

Read

Definition: A no-holds-barred approach to insulting and judging someone. When you've had it with someone, you read her or him.

Used in a sentence: "If she walks in here tonight I'm going to read her for coming at me for my contour."

Shade

Definition: A concealed double meaning, typically meant to critique.

Used in a sentence: "She told me I looked 'healthy,' now that's some shade!"

Hope this helps!  :-D

• Love 6
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Not a new thing!  Reading has been around for years.  Largely known thanks to drag culture -- most people know about it in modern day because of the documentary Paris is Burning or RuPaul's Drag Race.  

Where I come from in the South, reading is similar to what we call "playing the dozens": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dozens

Dorian Corey explains reading (from Paris is Burning).

• Love 2

Ashley being a part of this so far in might have ruined the whole season for me.  How is this fair? I don’t like her, and I would like to file a formal complaint against her showing up at the end and having a shot at the money.

I am also displeased that CT is out, and I really need for everyone to stop remarking on how filthy and presumably diseased Kyle’s penis is. That grossed me out even more than all the vomiting.

Shut up, Johnny.

• Love 4

And we get perhaps the most bizarre visual of CT leaving the game with plenty of season left. I don't think that has never happened before. 

Yet more arguments against purge challenges. They cast everyone they could possibly cast this season knowing how many people they were going to randomly kick out, and now we're stuck watching the unpleasant Lavender Ladies while CT and Veronica go home. This was not good planning. 

So the two female/female teams were the ones with the fewest plates (I think?), which to me seems a clear result of the fact that the women had the hardest time operating the levers as they had the least weight advantage. Honestly, while I appreciate what we were going for this season and there are lots of creative partnerships, this whole F/F vs. M/M vs. F/M thing is really not working out in a fair way. Production might have done their best to create the "equalizers," but they don't seem very equal. They should go back to their tried and true format.

I’m so confused about Cara. Is she really all broken up about Kyle or is she really just suffering from a bruised ego because she was into him and he ghosted her after the show?

Based on her reaction alone, it seems like she really liked/trusted him at least as a friend and was just really thrown for a loop when they came together again and he chose to behave like this. His attitude seems way past "I'm not longer romantically interested in Cara" to the point of almost delighting in making her miserable. It's immature on both their parts, but I agree with Zach that it's hard to blame her for being hurt. Her behavior isn't acceptable, but I think it's coming from a genuine place, unlike Kyle's which seems to be coming from...having something to do? I don't even know. It's weird. 

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks Amanda's animosity for Zach and Jenna derives from the fact that she was/is attracted to Zach? Because...I totally do think that. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Cara and Marie could never win, since they got fewer bags than anyone.

Well, technically they could have won, but the chances were obviously incredibly slim.  But, they had six plates.  Had everyone else completely crapped the bed and only finished five, and CM finished her six, their team would have won.  Again, as we saw, incredibly unlikely, but it was also (to a lesser extent) unlikely they wouldn't have come in last.

If you are interested in learning more about what is and is not shade, I highly recommend the Shade Court archives: https://jezebel.com/tag/shade-court

My favorite example of shade comes from RHBH when Erica and Kyle went to...Greece?  Kyle had given Erica a caftan the season before, and wore it during this trip.  Kyle said something like, Oh, that's the dress I got you, it looks great on you!  And Erica responded, I know!  I'm so happy to have somewhere to wear it!  I died, because that is serious shade - Kyle didn't even know she had been insulted.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Zima said:

CT "flirting" with Jozea was pretty damn funny. 

This was hilarious as was Derrick desperately trying to flirt with Da'vonne so she would pick them. I don't really care for her but I loved her TH when she just shut that shit down. 

2 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Based on her reaction alone, it seems like she really liked/trusted him at least as a friend and was just really thrown for a loop when they came together again and he chose to behave like this. His attitude seems way past "I'm not longer romantically interested in Cara" to the point of almost delighting in making her miserable. It's immature on both their parts, but I agree with Zach that it's hard to blame her for being hurt. Her behavior isn't acceptable, but I think it's coming from a genuine place, unlike Kyle's which seems to be coming from...having something to do? I don't even know. It's weird. 

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks Amanda's animosity for Zach and Jenna derives from the fact that she was/is attracted to Zach? Because...I totally do think that. 

Honestly, I feel bad for Cara that she has to deal with that. She was probably happy Faith left so she wouldn't have to interact with her and now she gets the Ashley news. And Kyle truly doesn't seem to give a shit. I also agree about Amanda being attracted to Zach. 

Angela, you tease. I was all set to listen to a reading and I was let down by yours. 

• Love 6

I found Amanda speculating on Johnny's in-house relationship hilariously hypocritical. I don't even like Johnny but he's not wrong to call her out on it.  She talks a lot but what has she ever done on this show that was worth anything? She has always come off as bitter and angry and can't really back up all her talk.  She's really lucky to have Zach as a partner, he's a beast. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, lasu said:

Well, technically they could have won, but the chances were obviously incredibly slim.  But, they had six plates.  Had everyone else completely crapped the bed and only finished five, and CM finished her six, their team would have won.  Again, as we saw, incredibly unlikely, but it was also (to a lesser extent) unlikely they wouldn't have come in last.

Ha ha, oops, yes, theoretically they could have, but knowing the good gross-eaters on some of the other teams, yep, pretty unlikely!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I found Amanda speculating on Johnny's in-house relationship hilariously hypocritical. I don't even like Johnny but he's not wrong to call her out on it.  She talks a lot but what has she ever done on this show that was worth anything? She has always come off as bitter and angry and can't really back up all her talk.  She's really lucky to have Zach as a partner, he's a beast. 

Agreed. Zach is kind of like the new CT. He always finishes at the top and he's built a lot like CT was a few years ago. I know he's not "new" but younger than CT. Sad to see CT go, but very happy that he took it really well and was goofy leaving. Glad to see Zach is still there. 

How did Kyle ever get to be on these shows. He's gross. I feel like he is now intentionally trying to mess with Cara's head. But remember when he was first on the show and he was making out with Maria? Had to know he was a player then. 

• Love 4

How many times did they say "polidicking"?  I hope they don't continue to do this. Also, the reads were so stupid. Just childish people who didn't win screaming at people who did.

I wonder if TJ disassociates during these times because how could he get through this season after season.

These mfs better start putting the boy teams in for elimination. If they were smart they would put them in against each other, so one would be taken out.  

Bananas need to stfu, he can dish shit out all the time, fuck people over all the time and when someone does it to him, he fucking cries about it. He can't stand that all his ass kissers aren't there making him King Asshole this year. IT IS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!@

• Love 5