Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Reunion

• Start Topic

Maybe, Hannah has her reasons like trying not to get into a confrontation on the reunion, but, she was the same way recently when on WWHL too.  It's like she took a big old dose of a nonchalant pill.  No matter what is mentioned, she's like okay...yeah, I did it. Wrong, I know...my mistake,  Learned my lesson.  It's better now, etc.  As she does this, her attitude is so fake. I don't believe what she's saying.  It's like it's too planned and  insincere.  I find it annoying. If she really means it, at least show some emotions.

AND, Brooke has a similar problem, imo.  She is so undemonstrative.  I've never seen anyone so undemonstrative.  It's as if her expression is frozen and she holds it in, makes an innuendo, since a demonstrative statement would be too much and then waits for a reaction, but, without any expression, except a question mark look on her face.  I find it incredibly annoying. 

Hated Sandy's makeup, but, she tried.  Sometimes, I give points for that, but, she normally annoys me so much that I just can't. I posted somewhere around here, that I didn't like her and that she was not professional, imo, after the first time I saw her on this show and while I have had moments that I liked her, I still feel that way now.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
On 9/12/2018 at 10:09 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

Kasey is one disgusting little pathetic jerk. And she's frightfully unattractive.

Exactly.  Even all made up, she still looks like this weird ashy face and bad hair.  But she seems to think she's incredibly beautiful.  And she seems to have no idea how fucking stupid she is.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Sandy revealed that she was in jail at age 23.  Conrad may not have been perfect, but, becoming a bosun at his age is a good indication that he has a good work ethic and can handle a good bit of responsibility. They are paid to be entertaining on this show- if  Conrad and Hannah had not gone through some tomfoolery they would have been relegated to the Colin and Jaime section..... 

I find Sandy abrasive and unlikeable. 

I didn’t realize you could be put in jail for being a See You Next Tuesday, sheesh, I learn something new everyday here...

• Love 1

I thought Kasey looked really good. Her hair was finally dyed properly. As a bottle blonde myself I hate to see the brassy home jobs. And hers was a new level of brass.
I thought her dress was like an expensive lingerie-like costume. I can't imagine where that dress would be appropriate.

I was really bored with the drawn out discussion of J-Wow, Brooke, and Kasey. J-Wow texted Kasey behind Brooke's back. He discussed Brooke with Kasey and now Brooke knows all about it. That's it, right? Sheesh!!

I wish they'd spent a little time with Colin and Jamie. And even Conrad and Adam (did I just say Adam?).

I think Below Deck Med is the Randy Quaid to Below Deck's Dennis Quaid. You can see the family resemblance but one is a good looking, talented actor and the other is a sloppy mess.

• Love 6

The cheese may stand alone but Sandy was right with regard to Conrad.  He WAS distracted nearly all season and unless it was the editing monkeys at work, he and Hannah took a lot of smoke breaks.  It makes sense to me that if you're on duty and the charter guests are up and around, you're on duty.  I didn't take what Sandy said or did, both during the season and during the reunion, as a personal attack on Conrad or Hannah.  In fact, I think Sandy was too lenient with Hannah.

Hannah still didn't take responsibility for what she had done and she hesitated before giving Brooke any credit.  Hannah really is just a miserable, unlikable person who pulls rank anytime she's called on something.

I'm surprised that Joao seemed sincere, at least somewhat, about Brooke.   I'm sure he knew he was a player but I can buy that he didn't realize how horrible he looked and came across until he saw it on tv.   Like Hannah said, being a veteran on reality shows, you realize how things can appear.   

I also will back up what Sandy said about not caring how Joao was talking.  She's his boss.  Her concern is how he does his job.  Unless it directly affects his performance, or those of co-workers, or unless he's threatening/sexually harassing, I can see how she wouldn't want to get involved.  Plus, Hannah can certainly dish it out and no one was complaining about that.  

I do think Kasey was talking out of both sides of her mouth when she was chastising Joao.  I agree with Sandy - - why didn't she cut him off?  She could have told him no.  By the same token, if Joao knew that Kasey was a sticking point for Brooke, if you want to be with Brooke, you cut off Kasey.  Or at the very least have a group conversation with both of them in which everything is on the table.  Felt like Kasey was waiting around for the break up so she could pick up with Joao. 

The reunion was basically the Hannah-Conrad-Joao-Brooke-Kasey show with some commentary by Sandy.  We heard very little from Adam and next to nothing from Colin or Jamie.  

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, ninjago said:

I'm not Sandy and I thought her behavior was not great but was "acceptable".  Professional, who can say on these shows?  Obviously the way any of these people behave would get you fired from most jobs.

Conrad didn't admit it, but he didn't disagree when Joao said that working on private yachts is much less strict than on charters and that that change in protocol was probably why Conrad and Sandy didn't see eye-to-eye.  That makes sense to me. 

Whether people like Sandy or not, she's the captain! Hannah and Conrad were falling down on the job and deserved a good reaming by her! I would have been livid if I spoke to a crew person, laid it out what was expected like "you can have a drink with the guests, but I don't want you gone for hours!" Hannah left the ship for 5 hours IIRC and can "Him & Haw" all she wants about satisfying the guests, but she was in the wrong and should have been fired then and there! Rolling of the eyes while being dressed down isn't acceptable either! That b!tch should be gone! You saw how she realized how much trouble she was in by the reunion when she seemed to be accepting of what she had done! I think she's FOS and just wanted to let it die by just accepting all her faults! In her mind I'm sure she feels superior to all concerned! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 5
On 9/12/2018 at 11:56 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

My $.02 - The unfortunate truth about reality shows, particularly Bravo reality shows, is that the squeaky, ratchet, horrible wheels get all the grease.  Jamie and Colin were basically also-rans during the season, and that was reflected in the reunion as well.  Nice 'guys' really do finish last at Bravo and in reality tv.  They should have done more during filming of both the season and the reunion to be heard, if they had any hope of going forward with the show, imo.  Hope I'm wrong!

I agree.  Don't think there is a 2nd.  I can't imagine what they would discuss.

Even though it was listed as Reunion Part 1 there is no Part 2.  Next week there will be a special about Captain Lee instead.

• Love 3
On 9/14/2018 at 8:04 AM, psychoticstate said:

The cheese may stand alone but Sandy was right with regard to Conrad.  He WAS distracted nearly all season and unless it was the editing monkeys at work, he and Hannah took a lot of smoke breaks.  It makes sense to me that if you're on duty and the charter guests are up and around, you're on duty.  I didn't take what Sandy said or did, both during the season and during the reunion, as a personal attack on Conrad or Hannah.  In fact, I think Sandy was too lenient with Hannah.

Hannah still didn't take responsibility for what she had done and she hesitated before giving Brooke any credit.  Hannah really is just a miserable, unlikable person who pulls rank anytime she's called on something.

I'm surprised that Joao seemed sincere, at least somewhat, about Brooke.   I'm sure he knew he was a player but I can buy that he didn't realize how horrible he looked and came across until he saw it on tv.   Like Hannah said, being a veteran on reality shows, you realize how things can appear.   

I also will back up what Sandy said about not caring how Joao was talking.  She's his boss.  Her concern is how he does his job.  Unless it directly affects his performance, or those of co-workers, or unless he's threatening/sexually harassing, I can see how she wouldn't want to get involved.  Plus, Hannah can certainly dish it out and no one was complaining about that.  

I don't think Sandy was wrong to call out Hannah and Conrad, but she was as crappy a manager if not more so than Hannah and Conrad proved to be. She was rarely specific in her criticisms. She never offered Hannah and Conrad advice in how to handle situations, especially Kasey's blatant lies. She took unbelievable liberties when her friends were guests. If the the ultimate test of a leader is making sure everything went smoothly and model behavior for her staff, Sandy failed spectacularly.

And in this #metoo era, there is nothing defensible about Sandy ignoring Joao's hateful language and treatment of his female co-workers. A hostile work environment is a legally actionable thing. And this was a hostile work environment. Nothing she did with regard to his manipulative hateful ass was remotely defensible nor is her downplaying how awful his actions might have made the environment on the ship. Not only is it their workplace, it's their living quarters. It's a lot harder to draw a bright line distinction between off duty and on duty behavior in situations such as these. Even if Sandy only found out about Joao's egregious behavior after filling had wrapped, there was no reason to double down on her support for him.

I still maintain that their have a drink with the guests/sunset boat cruise issue was a massive miscommunication between Sandy and Hannah because I'm not quite sure what either intended to communicate. However, Sandy's repeated insistence on chewing out Hannah that nearly always came at the expense at the guests' enjoyment is a huge miss for me. It's nearly as unprofessional as Danny pulling his team Danny shit in season 1. The guests never should have known that anything was going on behind the scenes. They often did during this season thanks to Sandy's massive lack of discretion.

If I choose to steal from, assault, attempt to murder, or otherwise transgress against a member of MS 13 or Isis, it doesn't cease to be a crime because the victim is a worse actor than myself. So Hannah's behavior was worse than Sandy's, but it doesn't make Sandy's behavior any more right. Just because Hannah and Conrad screwed up doesn't make Sandy's behavior any more excusable. She was obnoxious and petty.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 16

^^^Good luck trying to make that fly! I already said Sandy was "perfectly clear" what she expected from Hannah when it came to her leaving the boat and having a drink with the guests! The only miscommunication was with Conrad who had no idea Hannah should have been brought back to the ship to do her job when her staff was covering for her! Sandy's ego was extensively stroked by Andy last season at the reunion! Sandy was on the outside looking in, but this past reunion she was sitting there front and center! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Wow. Is this Sandy? You seem to be the only one who thinks her behavior was acceptable and professional this season. 

She's not the only one.

Hi psychoticstate!  Move over.  I need a little space on the cheese platter.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

I already said Sandy was "perfectly clear" what she expected from Hannah when it came to her leaving the boat and having a drink with the guests! The only miscommunication was with Conrad who had no idea Hannah should have been brought back to the ship to do her job when her staff was covering for her!

I agree with you on this, however, it seemed that the rule was to send a steward with these boat trips to serve drinks on the tender. The one exception was when Colin was sent and that was a bit of a disaster (and yes, someone should have double checked for the vodka, but he also seemed a bit clueless on mixing drinks in general). If the entirety of the guests are off the boat and out on the tender, they still expect their same service level on the tender that they get on the boat. I thought Sandy was looking for an excuse to yell at Hannah because she didn't come back after one drink. If the boat is empty, Brook and Kasey have their duties that they can perform without Hannah. If anything, they could have both taken naps because of the down time. It appeared that Brook set the table and Kasey did some laundry. Neither of those things needed Hannah's supervision. Further, as part of finding out about Kasey's faked resume, Kasey repeated asked on the radios (which Sandy can hear) how to mix a Bloody Mary. When Hannah went to Sandy with her concerns, because Hannah, who had been up very late the night before, was woken up to mix said Bloody Mary, Sandy blew her off and told her to train Kasey. Mid-charter is not the time to be teaching basic mixology, housekeeping, laundry, and other duties. For Sandy to praise Kasey was ridiculous, especially when she was complaining about having to do laundry (which apparently she repeatedly messed up). The toast that Sandy blamed Hannah for? Kasey botched because she didn't tell Adam that it was supposed to be dry.

It's important to remember there are cameras all over the boat and they are visible in the helm. Sandy knew or would have known a lot of what went on, even in the crew areas. Joao was a creep. She would have seen his stunt where he was all over the guests telling them all about his life in Zimbabwe instead of putting the luggage away (which again was over radio so she would have heard it too). Had it been Captain Lee when Joao decided to go overstep Conrad and complain directly to Sandy about Conrad, he would have been told to go chat with Conrad. It was inappropriate to go to Sandy. There are levels of command in the boat that keep a boat functioning and Sandy tossing out those levels undercut Conrad's authority and gave Joao the idea that his behavior was appropriate.

I also think that it probably got back to Sandy that he was snapping dick pics in the crew mess. That's gross and inappropriate. I can understand her staying out of relationships (although she didn't with Hannah and Conrad) but his drunken behavior was definitely known about. The boat's too small for her not to know.

I do think the editing monkeys were at work with how often they were smoking. We have to remember that the interesting conversations occurred while they were smoking. There's only so much wiping of the boat and loading the dishwasher silently that can be filmed without being completely boring. I do think Sandy had a good excuse given to her by Hannah when Hannah told her about how she pushed men away when they got too close. Unfortunately for Hannah, Hannah had a panic attack. Having had one myself, I can tell you that they come on quickly and they resolve equally quickly. Often, trying to power through it and pretend everything is fine makes others think the condition is being faked. I think Hannah was trying to do that the day after her panic attack and Sandy misread her trip off the boat with the guests as goofing off while in her own way, Hannah was trying to take the responsibility for all the guests for Brook and Kasey. And once Sandy had undercut and denigrated Hannah, Brook and Kasey had no reason to respect her any longer.

All in all, I think Sandy should not have a crew which is so young. I don't think she handles the attitudes and expectations of 20 year olds well. She may be better served by an older crew who is a little more seasoned with less drama.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think Sandy was wrong to call out Hannah and Conrad, but she was as crappy a manager if not more so than Hannah and Conrad proved to be. She was rarely specific in her criticisms. She never offered Hannah and Conrad advice in how to handle situations, especially Kasey's blatant lies. She took unbelievable liberties when her friends were guests. If the the ultimate test of a leader is making sure everything went smoothly and model behavior for her staff, Sandy failed spectacularly.

And in this #metoo era, there is nothing defensible about Sandy ignoring Joao's hateful language and treatment of his female co-workers. A hostile work environment is a legally actionable thing. And this was a hostile work environment. Nothing she did with regard to his manipulative hateful ass was remotely defensible nor is her downplaying how awful his actions might have made the environment on the ship. Not only is it their workplace, it's their living quarters. It's a lot harder to draw a bright line distinction between off duty and on duty behavior in situations such as these. Even if Sandy only found out about Joao's egregious behavior after filling had wrapped, there was no reason to double down on her support for him.

I still maintain that their have a drink with the guests/sunset boat cruise  issue was a massive miscommunication between Sandy and Hannah because I'm not quite sure what either intended to communicate. However, Sandy's repeated insistence on chewing out Hannah that nearly always came at the expense at the guests' enjoyment is a huge miss for me. It's nearly as unprofessional as Danny pulling his team Danny shit in season 1. The guests never should have known that anything was going on behind the scenes. They often did during this season thanks to Sandy's massive kack of discretion.

If I choose to steal from, assault, attempt to murder, or otherwise transgress against a member of MS 13 or Isis, it doesn't cease to be a crime because the victim is a worse actor than myself. So Hannah's behavior was worse than Sandy's, but it doesn't make Sandy's behavior any more right. Just because Hannah and Conrad screwed up doesn't make Sandy's behavior any more excusable. She was obnoxious and petty.

Yeah, I don’t understand people who feel there are only two sides to things. “Hannah sucks so Sandy must be right!” No. They can both be really bad at their jobs. Sandy was a horrible manager/captain outside of what Hannah did. Outside of Jaime and Collin, the entire crew is bad at their jobs. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, MegD said:

I agree with you on this, however, it seemed that the rule was to send a steward with these boat trips to serve drinks on the tender. The one exception was when Colin was sent and that was a bit of a disaster (and yes, someone should have double checked for the vodka, but he also seemed a bit clueless on mixing drinks in general). If the entirety of the guests are off the boat and out on the tender, they still expect their same service level on the tender that they get on the boat. I thought Sandy was looking for an excuse to yell at Hannah because she didn't come back after one drink. If the boat is empty, Brook and Kasey have their duties that they can perform without Hannah. If anything, they could have both taken naps because of the down time. It appeared that Brook set the table and Kasey did some laundry. Neither of those things needed Hannah's supervision. Further, as part of finding out about Kasey's faked resume, Kasey repeated asked on the radios (which Sandy can hear) how to mix a Bloody Mary. When Hannah went to Sandy with her concerns, because Hannah, who had been up very late the night before, was woken up to mix said Bloody Mary, Sandy blew her off and told her to train Kasey. Mid-charter is not the time to be teaching basic mixology, housekeeping, laundry, and other duties. For Sandy to praise Kasey was ridiculous, especially when she was complaining about having to do laundry (which apparently she repeatedly messed up). The toast that Sandy blamed Hannah for? Kasey botched because she didn't tell Adam that it was supposed to be dry.

……...

All in all, I think Sandy should not have a crew which is so young. I don't think she handles the attitudes and expectations of 20 year olds well. She may be better served by an older crew who is a little more seasoned with less drama.

Brooke and Casey didn't need to see Hannah getting reamed by Sandy to lose respect for her! She had already done that by slacking off and making demands of them while she's changing her vacation tickets, kvetchin' about Conrad, getting involved in other people's relationship (Joao/Brooke), and taking endless smoke breaks! It was wrong of Casey to pad her resume, but what responsible boss goes all over the ship b!tchin' about it? We would be done! No matter the editing, it showed all! I have little sympathy for cigarette smokers anyway since they think they have a freakin' right to do so anywhere and anytime! I grew up with smokers; they're rude, entitled a-holes that think nothing of taking a puff in a restaurant, an elevator, and back when I worked for a hospital even there! These jerks have no self control and couldn't give a $#!t who they're making sick with their fumes! My mom's 80 and still puffing like a chimney; how stupid is that? ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, MegD said:

The only 20 year old that seemed to have a problem with her was Conrad.  Hannah is 30ish.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, MegD said:

It's important to remember there are cameras all over the boat and they are visible in the helm. Sandy knew or would have known a lot of what went on, even in the crew areas. Joao was a creep. She would have seen his stunt where he was all over the guests telling them all about his life in Zimbabwe instead of putting the luggage away (which again was over radio so she would have heard it too). Had it been Captain Lee when Joao decided to go overstep Conrad and complain directly to Sandy about Conrad, he would have been told to go chat with Conrad. It was inappropriate to go to Sandy. There are levels of command in the boat that keep a boat functioning and Sandy tossing out those levels undercut Conrad's authority and gave Joao the idea that his behavior was appropriate.

I also think that it probably got back to Sandy that he was snapping dick pics in the crew mess. That's gross and inappropriate. I can understand her staying out of relationships (although she didn't with Hannah and Conrad) but his drunken behavior was definitely known about. The boat's too small for her not to know.

I do think the editing monkeys were at work with how often they were smoking. We have to remember that the interesting conversations occurred while they were smoking. There's only so much wiping of the boat and loading the dishwasher silently that can be filmed without being completely boring. I do think Sandy had a good excuse given to her by Hannah when Hannah told her about how she pushed men away when they got too close. Unfortunately for Hannah, Hannah had a panic attack. Having had one myself, I can tell you that they come on quickly and they resolve equally quickly. Often, trying to power through it and pretend everything is fine makes others think the condition is being faked. I think Hannah was trying to do that the day after her panic attack and Sandy misread her trip off the boat with the guests as goofing off while in her own way, Hannah was trying to take the responsibility for all the guests for Brook and Kasey. And once Sandy had undercut and denigrated Hannah, Brook and Kasey had no reason to respect her any longer.

Exactly. Joao showed no respect to his direct superior, Conrad, didn't listen to him and went over his head to Sandy to get the answers he wanted. That's not how the hierarchy on a ship works. The fact that Sandy, after seeing the shows, had no problem with it says a lot about how she thinks a ship and crew should be run. And, no, that shit wouldn't fly with Captain Lee.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The only 20 year old that seemed to have a problem with her was Conrad.  Hannah is 30ish.

The viewership would be non-existent if they went to seasoned, responsible yacht-ies who only do there jobs and don't talk back to their bosses! That would be boring! ;-)

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, greyflannel said:

Exactly. Joao showed no respect to his direct superior, Conrad, didn't listen to him and went over his head to Sandy to get the answers he wanted. That's not how the hierarchy on a ship works. The fact that Sandy, after seeing the shows, had no problem with it says a lot about how she thinks a ship and crew should be run. And, no, that shit wouldn't fly with Captain Lee.

I was totally on Conrad's side initially, but over time I found him to be some kid you can't tell anything! He even questioned Sandy to the very end of the reunion, never coming around to seeing his inexperience showed and he was wrong! He did fk up; not getting that Tender out in the cramped dock, needing Sandy repeatedly to "put the toys out" when they dropped anchor, and relentlessly taking smoke breaks! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

I have little sympathy for cigarette smokers anyway since they think they have a freakin' right to do so anywhere and anytime! I grew up with smokers; they're rude, entitled a-holes that think nothing of taking a puff in a restaurant, an elevator, and back when I worked for a hospital even there! These jerks have no self control and couldn't give a $#!t who they're making sick with their fumes! My mom's 80 and still puffing like a chimney; how stupid is that? ;-(

For the record, I'm actually allergic to tobacco (I get hives if I touch it and stop breathing around when burned), so I feel you on the smoke breaks. It annoys the shit out of me that I have to walk through a toxic cloud every morning on my way into the courthouse because they aren't allowed to smoke in the building. Apparently, despite the "go 100 feet away" sign, right by the door is the best place to stand. Gross. However, my point was only that the smoke breaks were probably more interesting to film than watching Conrad wipe down the boat so we probably saw more of them than may have occurred when broken down over the course of the entire day. On Sriracha or whatever that boat was called, the smoking area was right off the galley and it wasn't a great spot to film (there was a wall on two sides, the rail of the boat on one side and the walkway towards the back of the boat on the other, so a camera man would be awkward to fit in there without blocking the light) so we saw less of the smoking on the boat in that season.

20 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Brooke and Casey didn't need to see Hannah getting reamed by Sandy to lose respect for her! She had already done that by slacking off and making demands of them while she's changing her vacation tickets, kvetchin' about Conrad, getting involved in other people's relationship (Joao/Brooke), and taking endless smoke breaks! It was wrong of Casey to pad her resume, but what responsible boss goes all over the ship b!tchin' about it? We would be done! No matter the editing, it showed all!

As a sailor, I can tell you that different positions have different duties. We've seen repeatedly that the chief stew's job is provisioning, determining the theme of meals, creation of menus, and performing any duties asked of her by the guests (from arranging plane tickets to excursions to bringing in spa services). The second stew's job is meal service, bar-tending, and cabin service. The third stew's primary job is laundry, meal service, and cabin service. In other locations, the third stew would be known as a junior steward. You can see a full description of interior duties here. There's a deck crew listing here. Hannah didn't change her vacation tickets until the final episode by the way. I agree with you that she could have picked another time, but she did alert Brooke that she was going to do so. Also, I will be the first to admit that I've listened to more than my fair share of bitching about boy drama while working. I also think it was relevant that Hannah did speak to Brooke and Jamie about Kasey's resume. Unfortunately for both of them, they were both asked to step up because Kasey was over her head. Hannah could have been more tactful, but I can understand speaking to them since they would be expected to pick up her slack.  As a side note from personal experience, I was trained by my grandfather (who was Commandant of his yacht club) to sail. For years, although he had taught me to navigate using maps when I was 10, I was not allowed to consult the maps or navigate on the water because I had not yet "earned the rank." I was expected, during this time, to answer questions from him based on what I was seeing and where we should be. More than once, after carefully laying out the sails and drying them, then folding them under his watch, I had him pull them back out of the sail bag and tell me to start over because they weren't right. Until he was satisfied that I could do both, he would tell his friends at the yacht club that I was merely a junior deckhand. Once he was satisfied, I became a mate but I demoted to deckhand when we were joined by someone with more experience than I possessed. And on those occasions, despite the boat being merely 20 feet long, I was expected to go to the mate with issues or suggestions, despite the fact that he was usually about 4 feet from me. It was recognition of the boating hierarchy.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, MegD said:

(who was Commandant of his yacht club)

I've always heard that called "Commodore", is this the same thing? It sounds very German military!

1 hour ago, MegD said:

^This^ Thank you!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MegD said:

I'm sure Bravo wants them young.  For the purposes of the show, does Sandy get much say in who is cast?

Also, people with real careers wouldn't do that work, no matter how big the tips.  It's at best short term and a lot of it is menial labor, to clean toilets and so on.

I think a lot of the young cast not only mind being on TV but want to be on TV so they're willing to do these jobs.

I assume there's always some kind of drama on both BD shows, every season.  So if some younger crew want to build a resume to be in this business for a few years, being on a reality show with the drama wouldn't necessarily help their careers?  Sure they worked on a boat for 6 weeks while filming a TV show so that is experience but their shenanigans on the show could work against them.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, gingerella said:
10 hours ago, MegD said:

(who was Commandant of his yacht club)

I've always heard that called "Commodore", is this the same thing? It sounds very German military!

I know it's Commandant of the Coast Guard, but I agree with you. I just know he was in charge at the time. It was always fun for me at 10 there because everyone knew him and everyone knew I belonged to him. After our sailing excursions, he would send me up to the bar to charge a beer for him and a canned drink for myself (usually ginger ale because it came in the bottles and it was awesome!), while he would pull the sails off the boat and put them on the dock, where I would pick them up, drag them to the grass, lay them out to dry, and once dry, fold them in his required method, removing batons as I went, then coiling the sheets neatly before placing the sails in their designated sail bag (all of the sails had individual bags. It depended on the weather as to which sails we were flying). But it took me a while to realize that I wasn't supposed to be able to walk up to the bartender, get handed a beer, and walk out at 10. But they knew that if I touched it, I'd be in so much trouble, so they never questioned my requests. I'd then get to drive his truck the mile home since he wouldn't drive if he'd had anything to drink. Because a 10 year old behind the wheel is totally a better option.

When I turned 15, my Mom decided to start teaching me to drive. Since she didn't know about the driving with Pops, she spent a lot of time with her feet on the dash yelling "we're going to die, brake, brake, brake." I'm almost 40 and she still thinks I can't drive.

• Love 3

Finally finished the reunion. I read all the comments beforehand and almost didn't watch it because I knew I'd be disgusted. But here I am. :)

Joao sure knows all the angles. Getting called on your lies? Time to fake-cry! Presented with proof of your duplicity? Claim you just have no memory of it! 

The problem is, that stuff WORKS. There are far too many people willing to actively enable people like Joao.

As in, Colin of all people likes Joao. That tells me that for all his "nice guy"ness, he's still giving a known dickhead misogynist asshole a pass. That's great that Joao's behavior doesn't affect YOU, Colin. Screw that. Joao is a younger Jax. Both know how to appear that they desperately want redemption if only the right woman will come along (to do the work for them, only a woman can do it!)--but see, even that takes effort on the guys's parts, and it's so much easier for them just to stay assholes all along. They've got survival charisma and a whole field of chumps to go through.

Also, I'm sick of all the "Brooke should have picked Colin!" bullshit. Have I missed all the "<Insert Name of Guy> should have picked Jamie!" clamoring? She's a nice woman, right? The point is, no one is entitled to someone else's affection, man or woman. Colin just didn't do it for Brooke; he clearly has survived to like Joao for another day, but he's given a pass for that where Brooke is dumped on.

Sandy should stick to a yacht compass instead of a moral compass as she clearly only knows how to use the former.

God, this show. Please may it not come back next season with any of this cast.

Edited by HouseofBeck
  • Love 7
On 9/14/2018 at 10:48 AM, terrymct said:

I think Sandy was right about Conrad and Hannah, too.   I would have handled it differently, but she was right.  Both of them were too distracted to do a good job and didn't put the clients needs first.    What she saw of Joao was good, but she saw a specific aspect of his behavior when he was performing his job and trying to look good.  Not the down time behavior.  

Hannah got off on some sort of bad foot this season and didn't really start working at her more usual level of service until the very end.   Conrad fell into whatever circle of drama Hannah was swirling in and it was his downfall until the broke up.

I also agree with Sandy on Conrad and Hannah.  I mean, the chief stew is having a panic attack and telling her boss it's because she's in love.   So their unprofessionalism most definitely was felt by Captain Sandy, whereas the Brooke, Joao, Casey triangle was probably largely unseen by her during the season.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4

I actually really liked the cast this year except for Conrad.  Like Captain Sandy said, he might not be cut out for the job given his current mindset.

I read up a bit on Joao.  He's had a few very frightening life experiences growing up.  I think that and the culture he lives in have contributed to his insecurities.  I do think Captain Sandy's assessment of him is good.  He's solid, hard-working, and responsible....he just needs to get a clue where women are concerned.

I also learned Hannah lost a sibling years ago.  That had to have been hard for her - both in terms of the loss itself and being the surviving sibling given the weird feelings that must go into that, i.e. survivor's guilt, a feeling of being "not enough" and so on.

I give both a pass.  They've dealt with real-world serious stuff, and they are young.  Plus, they both demonstrated a maturity that most lack at any age by acknowledging their weaknesses and the need to make changes.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I also agree with Sandy on Conrad and Hannah.  I mean, you have your chief stew having a panic attack and telling her boss it's because she's in love.   So their unprofessionalism most definetly was felt by Captain Sandy, wherease the Brooke, Joao, Casey triangle was probably largely unseen by her during the season.

But that wasn’t Sandy’s issue with Hannah and in fact she defended Hannah over that.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, MegD said:

This is true that a stew is normally onboard the tender when they take excursions.  However, the issue isn't that Hannah was on the tender.  It was that because she had been off-duty for the previous 24 hours and been in her bunk, she was specifically instructed by her supervisor that she wasn't to be gone for more than 20 or 30 minutes.  Hannah herself told Sandy that she would only go for one Coke and then come back, repeating the 20-30 minutes.  Based on the time that was on screen, Hannah was gone for 3-4 hours.  

I don't think it's that she went on the tender, it was that she disobeyed a direct order from her boss.  And then when she returned, she acted like she didn't participate in the conversation with Sandy before she left and she took an attitude with her captain.  

Of course, this is all reality tv.  In the real world, Hannah and Conrad would have gotten multiple dressing downs, and possibly fired, and Kasey most likely would have been once her fudged resume surfaced.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

she was specifically instructed by her supervisor that she wasn't to be gone for more than 20 or 30 minutes.  Hannah herself told Sandy that she would only go for one Coke and then come back, repeating the 20-30 minutes.  Based on the time that was on screen, Hannah was gone for 3-4 hours.  

I don't think it's that she went on the tender, it was that she disobeyed a direct order from her boss.  And then when she returned, she acted like she didn't participate in the conversation with Sandy before she left and she took an attitude with her captain.  

I don't think either Sandy or Hannah understood what the other was saying. Hannah specifically says that the guests are going to the bar for awhile and a tour of the caves. When Hannah asks about hanging with the guests at the bar, she says it's just a Coke and she's not going to be at the bar for hours and hours. Hannah thinks the order is to limit the time spent at the bar, but not that Hannah wouldn't be spending time in the tender for hours while the guests toured the caves. Meanwhile, Sandy never says a single thing about the caves. Not in her original order to Hannah and not while she's complaining about Hannah not coming back. I don't think Sandy ever even registered that the guests would be gone for some time.

Furthermore, what Sandy wanted logistically from Hannah didn't make much sense as far as keeping the guests entertained and happy. According the best understanding of what Sandy was trying to communicate, Hannah would accompany the guests to the bar. Hannah would set them up in the bar. Conrad and Hannah would then leave the guests on their own for however long it took for Conrad to take Hannah back to Talisman and come back to the bar on his own and take the guests on a tour of the caves. There would be long stretches when the guests were it not actually on their own, functionally on their own. When Conrad is going back to the boat with Hannah, they'd be on their own. When he's giving the tour with no stew, they're basically in their own because he can't serve and pilot the tender at the same time. And if this really what her order was, there were at least two other orders that Sandy failed to give to actually pull this off and still be entertaining to the guests:

1. They needed to be in constant communication with a manager at the bar while Conrad was running Hannah back to the ship in case the guests got antsy or something weird happened--Sandy should have ordered that;
  2. If there was to be no stew on sunset cave tour, Sandy should have talked to Hannah about batching a pitcher of cocktails for the guests to serve themselves and maybe even have Adam make some light snacks because there wouldn't be a crew member available to moderate how much the guests drank--Sandy failed to order that too; and
  3. Sandy would have actually ordered more communication with the tender because the tour really was very close to dinner.

All of this is to say that I don't think Sandy EVER heard one word about the cave tour. Hannah said it, but I don't think Sandy caught it. I think this is a much kinder reading of that situation because otherwise Sandy was incapable of catching the kind of behind the scenes details that make the experience good for the guests even when the situation isn't ideal for the crew.

Also another issue on this same charter with the toys demonstrated that Sandy was more wrong than right. Sandy ordered Conrad to put out a specific set of toys. Hannah asked the guests what they wanted to use and they indicated a completely different set. Sandy chewed Conrad out. The primary went wakeboarding for a little while, declared it not fun, and that he was over with it. Then he and his guests used the toys that they told Hannah they wanted to use.

I always think of the last two seasons of the mothership. When the guests almost get injured in that tubing disaster, Captain Lee immediately asks for painkillers and when Sierra can't deliver he just makes them himself. And then when Kate and Nico get completely green staff, he figures out a way to work around it. If it means faking a mechanical issue because he doesn't trust the deck crew, he does it. If it means putting his first mate on deck, he does it. If means temporarily hiring a bosun, he does it. If it means hiring a day crew to help Kate clean the boat, he does it. And we've seen Captain Lee actually order the type of things I suggested above in !y enumerated list.

I think Captain Sandy has been feeling herself and she's dead wrong on how she reads some situations now. It's not good.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think either Sandy or Hannah understood what the other was saying. Hannah specifically says that the guests are going to the bar for awhile and a tour of the caves. When Hannah asks about hanging with the guests at the bar, she says it's just a Coke and she's not going to be at the bar for hours and hours. Hannah thinks the order is to limit the time spent at the bar, but not that Hannah wouldn't be spending time in the tender for hours while the guests toured the caves. Meanwhile, Sandy never says a single thing about the caves. Not in her original order to Hannah and not while she's complaining about Hannah not coming back. I don't think Sandy ever even registered that the guests would be gone for some time.

Furthermore, what Sandy wanted logistically from Hannah didn't make much sense as far as keeping the guests entertained and happy. According the best understanding of what Sandy was trying to communicate, Hannah would accompany the guests to the bar. Hannah would set them up in the bar. Conrad and Hannah would then leave the guests on their own for however long it took for Conrad to take Hannah back to Talisman and come back to the bar on his own and take the guests on a tour of the caves. There would be long stretches when the guests were it not actually on their own, functionally on their own. When Conrad is going back to the boat with Hannah, they'd be on their own. When he's giving the tour with no stew, they're basically in their own because he can't serve and pilot the tender at the same time. And if this really what her order was, there were at least two other orders that Sandy failed to give to actually pull this off and still be entertaining to the guests:

1. They needed to be in constant communication with a manager at the bar while Conrad was running Hannah back to the ship in case the guests got antsy or something weird happened--Sandy should have ordered that;
  2. If there was to be no stew on sunset cave tour, Sandy should have talked to Hannah about batching a pitcher of cocktails for the guests to serve themselves and maybe even have Adam make some light snacks because there wouldn't be a crew member available to moderate how much the guests drank--Sandy failed to order that too; and
  3. Sandy would have actually ordered more communication with the tender because the tour really was very close to dinner.

All of this is to say that I don't think Sandy EVER heard one word about the cave tour. Hannah said it, but I don't think Sandy caught it. I think this is a much kinder reading of that situation because otherwise Sandy was incapable of catching the kind of behind the scenes details that make the experience good for the guests even when the situation isn't ideal for the crew.

Also another issue on this same charter with the toys demonstrated that Sandy was more wrong than right. Sandy ordered Conrad to put out a specific set of toys. Hannah asked the guests what they wanted to use and they indicated a completely different set. Sandy chewed Conrad out. The primary went wakeboarding for a little while, declared it not fun, and that he was over with it. Then he and his guests used the toys that they told Hannah they wanted to use.

I always think of the last two seasons of the mothership. When the guests almost get injured in that tubing disaster, Captain Lee immediately asks for painkillers and when Sierra can't deliver he just makes them himself. And then when Kate and Nico get completely green staff, he figures out a way to work around it. If it means faking a mechanical issue because he doesn't trust the deck crew, he does it. If it means putting his first mate on deck, he does it. If means temporarily hiring a bosun, he does it. If it means hiring a day crew to help Kate clean the boat, he does it. And we've seen Captain Lee actually order the type of things I suggested above in !y enumerated list.

I think Captain Sandy has been feeling herself and she's dead wrong on how she reads some situations now. It's not good.

Or Hannah could have just gotten over herself and sent Brooke and Joao with the guests as they had requested -- but since she had such a hate on for that pair there's no way that would have ever happened.  Here's the conversation that happened

H:  So I just wanted to run you through the plan

S:  all right

H: Conrad and I are going to take them to explore the caves etc.

Talking Head Sandy: Hannah's on it.  She looks looks great.  She's refreshed. She's bounced back.

H: As you know, they are super insistent on us joining them (the lies! /Kandi), but I'm just going to follow your orders there.  If you'd like us to drop them off or if you don't mind us sitting and having a coke with them..

S: If it's just a coke

H: Yep 

S: and it's not like hours and hours

H: Yeah (nodding head)

S: I don't mind

Sandy TH: "I'm happy that she's pulled it together within 24 hours.  That's what she needed.  She needed that rest."

H: Okay, thanks Sandy.

So either dropping them off or just staying for a coke were both Hannah's ideas.  As a boss, if my senior staff approaches me with solutions to something simple like this, I expect they've thought out all the details, otherwise they shouldn't be senior staff.  If I say their plan is fine as long as it meets a simple parameter of "not hours and hours" I expect it will be adhered to.  If Hannah couldn't have made it work given Sandy's parameter she should have said so and provided another solution.  I also think Hannah was being manipulative in the way she presented the excursion, but I find her to be very manipulative in general.  And to add to Hannah just not sending Brooke and Joao like the guests asked for, instead of having that coke with the guests she takes yet another smoke and bitch break with Conrad.

Re the toys: Sandy has said over and over that all the toys need to go into the water as soon as they anchor.  If all the toys were already out there would not have been a problem.  Hannah actually specifically asked for a paddleboard and we are not shown anyone paddleboarding.  Kenny is shown telling his friends if he gets on a wakeboard he'll do a backflip for them - so I think he wanted to wakeboard.  Then they show Hannah telling Conrad about the tender ride.  Then Sandy is on the walkie telling Conrad to get the wakeboard in so Kenny can do backflip -- "Conrad, Conrad, Sandy." "Go ahead"  "Put the wakeboard in.  Kenny is going to do backflips on the wakeboard." "Copy" and then Conrad immediately says to himself "Okay, the tender's got to be set up."  He and Colin are then shown setting up the tender.  Then he gets a walkie call from Hannah -- "Conrad, Conrad, Hannah" "Go ahead" "Just so you know, they are going to do the jetski etc. before the tender excursion, so I'm not sure if that helps you at all." "Yes it does, thank you."  And then he starts putting jetskis in the water.  Then another walkie convo "Conrad, Conrad, Hannah." "Go ahead" "Would it be possible to just get a um paddle board in the water?" "absolutely"   Colin is still getting jetskis in the water at this time.  Then Sandy is shown saying "What is Conrad doing?" as he's getting out a paddle board with another deckhand (Colin?).  Sandy then goes to see what he's doing and says it's about quickness with the toys and Conrad says he's getting chucked pillar to post and just trying to figure out what is going on.  Sandy then lays into him for listening to Hannah, and he says he's just trying to figure out what's going on and Sandy tells him to stand by the tender and wait for the client.  During this we see Kenny asking his wife(?) if she wants to go on the boat with him and saying he doesn't know what is going on.  The primary actually asked to wakeboard and is shown complaining about how long it is taking to get out there and do it.  It took so long because instead of listening to Sandy Conrad deferred to Hannah and fucked around with jetskis and paddleboards.  After wakeboarding the guests are shown jetskiing, but those could have been put in the water by two of the other deckhands while the wakeboarding was happening.  Kenny never declared wakeboarding not fun, but one of his guests says "Well, that was short lived" -- probably because he did his flips and was done, but as a charter client, that's his prerogative.  

I don't disagree on Sandy feeling herself, but when the details are presented, I don't think these are good examples of situations she read dead wrong.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 2

Actually the former NBA player, Desmond Mason, was shown paddleboarding.

Kenny does his wakeboarding once and is over with it. The guests seemed much more into the jet skis than anything else. And the jet skis needed to be lowered by the winch. I can honestly believe that Conrad might have thought it was safer to lower them without the guests in the water. Or he thought it was less likely to damage the boat with 3 bodies on it. Sandy does lay into him about why he's futzing with the jet skis when she told him to set up for wakeboarding. Even though Kenny was the primary, they ALL wanted to jet ski. Kenny was the only one who wanted to wakeboard and he was done after his one round. That's pretty clear.

And after that tubing near disaster (and it was the first mate who actually put their safety at risk) on the mothership demonstrated that they needed at least 2 deckhands ready an available in case something went awry, which they wouldn't have had if 2 of them were busy trying to lower jet skis from the ship. I don't think Conrad is as wrong on this as Sandy would like to make him out to be. If they lower the jet skis anywhere from  2 - 4 guests are occupied. That leaves the deck crew free to quickly set up for wakeboarding, paddleboarding and provide safety coverage. And I think if Sandy hadn't been so obviously irritated with Hannah and Conrad, she would have made that same call. 

I also think Kasey was the one person who did a half decent job of articulating one of the issues with the smoke breaks. Both Hannah and Conrad seemed to be taking 5 to 6 smoke breaks a day on top of their regularly scheduled breaks instead of subtracting their smoke breaks from their regular breaks.

And in your transcript of Hannah and Sandy's conversation, Sandy never once mentions the cave tour. I don't think she ever registered any part of that. Hannah was being manipulative by falsely claiming that that the guests requested her, but it's pretty clear she and Sandy are talking at cross purposes and missing a ton.

I think Hannah has been really petty, lazy, manipulative, and obnoxious. But I also think Sandy has been petty, obnoxious, and nasty too. There are no clean hands here,

• Love 7
On 9/13/2018 at 10:33 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Captain Lee really does seem to eat integrity for breakfast.

Screenshot (196).png

Love how the tweeter says "I know u would never judge another Captain...", then proceeds to ask him to judge her, lol.  

Reading between the lines, I see this as Captain Lee refusing to publicly criticize another captain/peer.  If he agreed with her handling, he'd have said as much.  

I thought this was interesting

• Love 4

I have mentioned a couple times that this show will hire and keep people who have no experience and are honest about it. Malia only worked on scuba boats, Bruno only worked as a host on cruise ships. Kyle worked on fishing trawlers. Eddie and Colin are both captains of tugboats and ferries respectively. However, they won't, at least until this season, keep people who straight up lie about their experience. Andrew Sturby got fired because he had no real experience other than being on a boat AND LYING ABOUT ALL OF HIS EXPERIENCE. 

Sandy kept Kasey, a stew who blatantly lied about her skills and experience. Kasey had never done overnight charters. Kasey only did day booze cruises that never left Long Island Sound, which is why she was so clueless about her sea sickness. She didn't know how to set tables, serve, or really bartend because she only did booze cruises, which tend to be mixer and alcohol "cocktails." She didn't know how to clean or vacuum or do freaking laundry because she only worked day booze cruises. And she never had the decency to come forward to tell the truth until Hannah figured it out.

How Lee handled Andrew and how Sandy handled Kasey is night and day. Lee told him how disappointed  he was and made Andrew apologize to every crew member for making their jobs harder. Would something like that have at least communicated to Hannah that Sandy was aware and acknowledged that Hannah got dealt a bad hand because of Kasey's lies? I think it would have. But basically Hannah is down one stew for about 2 charters because Kasey is sea sick. It takes Hannah another 2 charters to figure out that Kasey is lying. And then Sandy's illogical reaction is that Hannah should have trained Kasey better. Nuh uh asshole. That's some victim blamey bullshit. And she's not even generous or kind enough to turn it into a useful lesson for Kasey, the messy liar, or Hannah about how we move on from adversity. Who pays this asshole for motivational speaking?

• Love 10

^^^What's Sandy supposed to do; send her packing and then not even give her a chance to be useful? If Hannah had been a better boss, she could have gotten the max out of that girl "who at least tried!" Hannah was always too busy doing other things than her job which is the other reason the ship was short even more than 1 hand! She and Conrad were sad; regardless of how they think it went, this season was abysmal and they should be ashamed of themselves! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 2

If Sandy handled it like Lee no one would be saying that Sandy had it out for Hannah. Captain Lee made Andrew apologize to everyone, told him he was now the lowest man on the totem pole, talked to Eddie about improving Andrew's skills, and fired Andrew after a period of time when there hadn't been significant enough improvement. Lee gave Andrew a 2nd chance and empowered and validated Eddie and the deck crew in the concerns and feelings. Sandy did none of that. Hannah has to bring it to Sandy's attention and even then Sandy just snaps at Hannah to train Kasey.

I think people take this to mean that I think Hannah did a good job. She didn't. She was tuned out, disinterested, and petty at best. But this was a real missed opportunity for Sandy to actually model good behavior and better leadership and she whiffed it because she was too busy being a snotty cow right back to Hannah. And this was actually the moment to that Hannah goes from possibly indifferent to actually indifferent and hostile. Sandy just needed to let Hannah and to a lesser extent, Brooke, live in their anger about Kasey lying, but then actually motivate them to try to work together and move on from it. Sandy wouldn't do that and the message Hannah gets from Sandy's response is "I don't care if you're correct, I will never support you." At that point, Hannah was done.

Hannah was legitimately a fuck up this season, but something about how Sandy reacted to Hannah seems far too personal. Adam, Bobby, and Bugsy screwed up on things that should keep them out of the industry forever, but Sandy still has nice shit to say about them. Bugsy especially. That stupid trick was walking around with access to a guest's emails and texts just to spy on Hannah. And Adam dosed a guest's food because he thought the no onions request was dumb. Those two actually committed crimes and Sandy's like "people make mistakes." But Hannah makes out with a guest and Sandy can never trust Hannah again.

Hannah was lazy and entitled this season, but Sandy was so petty and nasty that it's almost a wash for me about who was worse. They both had such poor showings. Sandy was Mark level bad. Such obvious favoritism, poor leadership, and not at all concerned about the crew as a whole. Unsurprisingly we also get some of our worst showings of obvious misogyny in season 1 and season 3.

• Love 12

^^^I don't understand; why should Sandy have known anything about Casey and her lack of experience? Hannah would have to tell her to act on it! It's not like Casey's a deck hand with duties that need monitoring more by a captain! Housekeeping is low on the totem-pole I think! ;-)

1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

^^^I don't understand; why should Sandy have known anything about Casey and her lack of experience? Hannah would have to tell her to act on it! It's not like Casey's a deck hand with duties that need monitoring more by a captain! Housekeeping is low on the totem-pole I think! ;-)

Because Hannah told Sandy about it as soon as she found out. Also, prior to Hannah finding out Sandy was bitching about Kasey’s cleaning skills, bringing her coffee, and her seasickness.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Because Hannah told Sandy about it as soon as she found out. Also, prior to Hannah finding out Sandy was bitching about Kasey’s cleaning skills, bringing her coffee, and her seasickness.

Taking her cues from Joao, Kasey was being quite smart to suck up to the captain, unlike Hannah who was slacking off right in front of her, disobeying orders, and rolling her eyes when being dressed down! As a captain of a boat, that amount of disrespect should have warranted her termination, but for the sake of the show she survives! Can you imagine her pulling that $#!t with Captain Lee? He's even more stern while Sandy felt she was taken advantage of being a little lax! She turned that around and now people feels she's a tyrant! Hardly, she just has expectations! ;-)

• Love 1
Just now, Fiero425 said:

Taking her cues from Joao, Kasey was being quite smart to suck up to the captain, u

Right but there was in the gap between when Sandy saw her shitty work, learned that she lied on her resume and before Joao told her to suck up that makes no sense.Hannah brings up the resume thing to Sandy before Kasey starts kissing Sandy’s ass.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Right but there was in the gap between when Sandy saw her shitty work, learned that she lied on her resume and before Joao told her to suck up that makes no sense.Hannah brings up the resume thing to Sandy before Kasey starts kissing Sandy’s ass.

I guess I'm just tired; IDK what you expect Sandy to do to make it all better? This is housekeeping for GAWD-sake; why would she care as long as the job got done! That's Hannah's job and instead of making a big production out of how inexperienced Kasey is, why not just train her like Sandy said? It was an entry level position even with the experience needed to do the job! It's always been very hard for me to relate! My resume has always been a quiet mainstay of boredom with "just the facts!" All my friends kvetch at me about it needing a punch! I don't need to work for anyone who needs to be impressed by a resume just because it's full of crap! I kept it simple, clean, and every word the truth! Working with computers in the 80's, I never needed to play those stupid games only to be busted later with a true lack of skills! ;-)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

IDK what you expect Sandy to do to make it all better?

No I expect Sandy to allow Hannah to fire her or at bare minimum to check in with Hannah before she sings Kasey praises in  tip meeting because she brought her coffee but still wasn’t performing in other duties. Hannah being shitty doesn’t mean that Sandy wasn’t worse in many ways.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
43 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

On firings, I would think the Captains on a reality show probably can't fire someone whenever they want.  I'm sure Bravo has a lot to say about it!

True, or all the most drama creating crew members would find their belongings sitting on the dock.

• Love 2

Wow. Just started watching an older season of Below Deck where nobody joining the crew had any experience. When Kate goes to Captain Lee to ask for additional help his response, “Kate never comes to me for help, so she must really need it”. He then works with Kate to come up with a solution she’ll be happy with. Contrast this with Sandy’s “stop complaining, Hannah. And if anything goes wrong I’m blaming you. Now let me go undermine your authority by congratulating your staff after they lie on their resume.” Hated Hannah this season but Sandy is incompetent

• Love 3