Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Home Sextuplets - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

If you find that a poster's posts routinely annoy you, you should place them on ignore.  Hover over their user name. A pop-up will appear on which you can select ignore.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s not a tiny double wide, but does look small inside  for a one that large. Just don’t clutter it up.

Since they are near their old house, they could use that as place to shelter in case of tornado. I live in N.C. and we have multiple tornado warnings most  every week in the summer. You normally get ample notice. So, if it comes towards your community, you can run to a shelter, like next door.  Just get weather warning app and it’ll alert you at all hours if coming to your neighborhood.   

Children in weddings should be at least school age of 5. Too scary for little kids. Most are not into it. It’s not fair imo. The kid should have say if they want to do it. 

I was surprised on how Courtney was dressed for the wedding.  She looked like she was going to the grocery store or working around the house.  It was bizarre to me.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, sATL said:

ITA.

What is really sad, the toddlers really didn't add anything to the weeding. they looked like kids wondering, walking looking kinds lost, with Courtney and her friend kneeling at the front. 

Did anyone see flowers and ring bearer pillows?

Why couldn't they at least be pulled in a wagon by someone in the wedding party?

Why couldn't they be walked - maybe 2 at a time by someone in the wedding party?

Why was it so important for each of them walk singly and alone down the aisle? Which they only got 5 out of the  6 to do that.

How did the todders do at the wedding rehearsal? Or is that what we saw - a pre-wedding ? Courtney not dressed up kinda made me wonder. She didn't pack a change of clothes for herself?

It was bizarre.  Courtney was dressed like she was working around the house.  I don't think it was pre because the bride was in her dress.  It was all sort of pointless and sort of just shoved in there.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Some of those outdoor weddings are pretty rustic.  Jeans, cowboy boots, casual attire isn't uncommon, based on what I've seen.  

True. But if you're running around all morning chasing toddlers and what-not, not to mention being at the front, or easily to be in captured in a picture, I would have at least wanted to change to freshen up.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Some of those outdoor weddings are pretty rustic.  Jeans, cowboy boots, casual attire isn't uncommon, based on what I've seen.  

True, but the rest of the crowd was dressed up.  Seeing that her children were in the wedding I just think she would have done better than black stretch pants and a gold sweater.  Even Eric and the older boys were atleast coordinated with the little ones.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 2

Bunk beds would have made a lot more sense in the older brothers room.  Do you think they just took what they could get?  Are they really strapped for money? I get how that might be the case, but, you never know.  Bunk beds with a pull out trundle bed for a third sleeper would have made sense, but, they aren't cheap.  Resale on beds is not cost effective either.  

Here's a nice space saver.  Drawers included.  Not a bad deal, though, not sure how sturdy it would be for that wild bunch.  lol

https://www.homedepot.com/pep/Harper-Bright-Designs-White-Twin-over-Twin-Bunk-Bed-with-Trundle-and-Drawers-SK000014AAK/309699916?mtc=Shopping-BA-F_HDH-G-D59-59_34_INTERIOR_FURNITURE-MULTI-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Bedroom&cm_mmc=Shopping-BA-F_HDH-G-D59-59_34_INTERIOR_FURNITURE-MULTI-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Bedroom-71700000045547812-58700004666510329-92700039479385829&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3ZX4BRDmARIsAFYh7ZIcgR6zOzxkMdjGouT2yIfJe13xGbC7wyl9Qh3iGI8ismFgVlyVh5IaArmKEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

One thing that I had to LOL about.  The older brothers arguing about who was the best at praying.  Too funny.  

This melted my cold heart. Wales is usually being a smart mouth and competitive. To hear him say “We’re all the best” was truly touching. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I call shenanigans on that perfectly browned turkey. Somebody went out and got a pre-cooked turkey to replace the one that wasn't thawed.

or they did a "switchout" - like they do on cooking shows... we see raw food goes into oven, after commercial, perfectly prepared cooked food comes out of a lighted oven, ready to be served..

I would admit during the cooking segments seemed to be a little more honest about it lately. Meaning the actually show and state the "switch" of the dish.

Edited by sATL

So much to comment on! Courtney does seem to have a good heart, but comes across as a ditz.  The move to the trailer: WHY oh why didn't they have someone watching the little kids offsite during the move.  Who in their right mind would think six toddlers running around while furniture is being moved is a good idea?  Finally Eric said to get the kids out of there.

And Thanksgiving.  Again, who in their right mind would invite MORE people over to that little cracker box they are staying in. Maybe those family members just wanted to be on television?  And the dinner.  Again ... I know it adds to the comedy and the drama of the show, but, really?  And if Courtney doesn't know how to cook, or isn't a good cook, what do they eat?  Spaghetti every night, since apparently that is all she knows how to cook?  With nine kids I would think you would develop some simple skills out of necessity.

Did I hear it right that next week is the season finale?  Short season!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't know where Courtney gets her energy! If I had that many kids, I would be a zombie.

I imagine, aside from the spaghetti casserole that she has apparently mastered, Courtney feeds her family a lot of frozen meals -- fish sticks, chicken tenders, french fries, pizzas, mac n' cheese. I don't imagine she has much time to fix anything else.

I thought it was really sweet when one of the male sextuplets (I think it was Blu) was hanging out with his older brothers in their room and he bumped his head on the headboard and the older boys were very quick to check on him and make sure he was OK.

• Love 7
On 7/8/2020 at 9:52 AM, sATL said:

ITA.

What is really sad, the toddlers really didn't add anything to the weeding. they looked like kids wondering, walking looking kinds lost, with Courtney and her friend kneeling at the front. 

Did anyone see flowers and ring bearer pillows?

Why couldn't they at least be pulled in a wagon by someone in the wedding party?

Why couldn't they be walked - maybe 2 at a time by someone in the wedding party?

Why was it so important for each of them walk singly and alone down the aisle? Which they only got 5 out of the  6 to do that.

How did the todders do at the wedding rehearsal? Or is that what we saw - a pre-wedding ? Courtney not dressed up kinda made me wonder. She didn't pack a change of clothes for herself?

It looked like the boys were carrying cow bells.

3 hours ago, debbie311 said:

So much to comment on! Courtney does seem to have a good heart, but comes across as a ditz.  The move to the trailer: WHY oh why didn't they have someone watching the little kids offsite during the move.  Who in their right mind would think six toddlers running around while furniture is being moved is a good idea?  Finally Eric said to get the kids out of there.

And Thanksgiving.  Again, who in their right mind would invite MORE people over to that little cracker box they are staying in. Maybe those family members just wanted to be on television?  And the dinner.  Again ... I know it adds to the comedy and the drama of the show, but, really?  And if Courtney doesn't know how to cook, or isn't a good cook, what do they eat?  Spaghetti every night, since apparently that is all she knows how to cook?  With nine kids I would think you would develop some simple skills out of necessity.

Or buy a couple of crockpots...

• Love 3

I call shenanigans on that perfectly browned turkey. Somebody went out and got a pre-cooked turkey to replace the one that wasn't thawed.

Big time. Even (unsafely) submerging the turkey in hot water wouldn't thaw it fast enough to be fully cooked in time. Either that was a different turkey, or they totally misled us on the timeline and that scene was shot like 10 hours before dinner.

Come on. The characters on "Hee Haw" would be smart enough to revise their Thanksgiving plans if the hosts of a 20-person party had to move into a mobile home. Who wrote this storyline?

Producers, if you're reading, I don't get it. Watching the parents chase after 6 toddlers is plenty of plot for the small number of episodes they shoot. Why the fakery?

That said, that double-wide was NICE. I'd happily live there (as a family of 2). Given how quickly the floor tore up, it probably isn't built to last, but the design is lovely.

• Love 5
(edited)

I just assumed it was a re-enactment of the wedding, judging by Courtney’s clothes and the idiocy of six toddlers walking down the aisle. I’m sure the bride and bridesmaids were fine with getting dressed up again for TV.

ETA: Not to mention her friend, the brides mom, helping Courtney wrangle six babies a half hour before her daughter’s wedding Lol. 

Edited by Maya
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Maya said:

I just assumed it was a re-enactment of the wedding, judging by Courtney’s clothes and the idiocy of six toddlers walking down the aisle. I’m sure the bride and bridesmaids were fine with getting dressed up again for TV.

ETA: Not to mention her friend, the brides mom, helping Courtney wrangle six babies a half hour before her daughter’s wedding Lol. 

the wedding I think, by the mention of Thanksgiving, was in November & outside. From my experience with my son getting married outside Courtney had on appropriate attire, especially having to deal with toddlers. Not something I would wear to a wedding but what others wore.  I don't know what Kayleigh's mom looks like but I only saw Courtney's friends and mom helping her. The blond friend is Kayleigh's cousin. 

Edited by Whyyouneedaname
  • Love 1

I suppose friends and family like to help them with show content if they can.  Weddings, holiday celebrations, etc.  Even if they are somewhat contrived, this provides the family with something to do and show viewers.  Apparently, the families with multiples need extra income to make ends meet.

I take that into consideration when I snark on them.  I have trouble with bringing that many babies into a home, because, it's simply not possible to give all the kids the individual times and attention they need.  Plus, it creates a rather chaotic home and I could see that not being a peaceful experience growing up.  AND, it puts a lot of pressure on family members to help you.  I don't see that as very fair to other people.  They love you and want to help and you can't afford to pay them....so they are free employees.  So, everyone is robbed of something.  I don't have much sympathy for the parents who chose to have the multiples and, yes, I do recall how this couple explained how they got pregnant with that many and it wasn't the typical fertilization.  Still, it was their decision.  Hopefully, as the babies get more self sufficient things will calm down a bit. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suppose friends and family like to help them with show content if they can.  Weddings, holiday celebrations, etc.  Even if they are somewhat contrived, this provides the family with something to do and show viewers.  Apparently, the families with multiples need extra income to make ends meet.

I take that into consideration when I snark on them.  I have trouble with bringing that many babies into a home, because, it's simply not possible to give all the kids the individual times and attention they need.  Plus, it creates a rather chaotic home and I could see that not being a peaceful experience growing up.  AND, it puts a lot of pressure on family members to help you.  I don't see that as very fair to other people.  They love you and want to help and you can't afford to pay them....so they are free employees.  So, everyone is robbed of something.  I don't have much sympathy for the parents who chose to have the multiples and, yes, I do recall how this couple explained how they got pregnant with that many and it wasn't the typical fertilization.  Still, it was their decision.  Hopefully, as the babies get more self sufficient things will calm down a bit. 

I agree completely, especially when the family already has 3 kids!  

• Love 6
On 7/9/2020 at 12:28 PM, debbie311 said:

You heard right.  They are done next week.

(edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 9:21 AM, Whyyouneedaname said:

the wedding I think, by the mention of Thanksgiving, was in November & outside. From my experience with my son getting married outside Courtney had on appropriate attire, especially having to deal with toddlers. Not something I would wear to a wedding but what others wore.  I don't know what Kayleigh's mom looks like but I only saw Courtney's friends and mom helping her. The blond friend is Kayleigh's cousin. 

She could have matched the family.  Everyone else in the family was in some combination of white and blue, including Eric and the 3 older boys. 

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 1

Asking them to share their birthday party with their six baby brothers and sisters is a big ask.

Oh my lord!  Has Courtney forgotten that she is the parent?  You don't ask, you tell them that's how it's going to be.

• Love 4

I have a grown daughter, a young niece, two very young nephews, and many close friends with kids and, as such, have overseen more than my fair share of potty breaks in my lifetime.  Still, TLC’s obsession with showing different families of multiples grappling with potty training means that I have seen more of them than those of my own family.  I’m no prude, but they also used to pixelate the actual poop and they don’t even bother doing that anymore.  I think we’ve reached a critical mass of reality shows about multiple births and otherwise humongous families. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BamaGramma said:

Asking them to share their birthday party with their six baby brothers and sisters is a big ask.

Oh my lord!  Has Courtney forgotten that she is the parent?  You don't ask, you tell them that's how it's going to be.

I don't know.  I feel bad for the older ones.  Just because their parents chose to have 6 kids all at once, the older ones have to become a package deal and get lumped in with all the babies.  If I was 11 I wouldn't be thrilled to be sharing my day with 6 2yr olds.   

• Love 7

Sadly, the older children's chance of having a solo birthday party, or any other individual event ended when the parents decided that they had to have more kids, and they ended up with six.     The younger ones are the focus now, and will be forever.   

• Love 4

I wish I could like Courtney, I really do. She seems sweet enough, but I just can't cope with her Golly Gee Whiz, wide eyed response to life. It's not  helped by the raccoon eyeliner, which I can only assume is tattooed on since it was there when she was being wheeled into her emergency C-section, and also stayed put in the water park. 

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

I don't know.  I feel bad for the older ones.  Just because their parents chose to have 6 kids all at once, the older ones have to become a package deal and get lumped in with all the babies.  If I was 11 I wouldn't be thrilled to be sharing my day with 6 2yr olds.   

I do feel that the older three should have ONE event per year for just them; their birthday. Is that really too much to ask? It doesn't take that much to realize. Don't they realize how much the six suck up all of the time, energy, and attention?

*Maybe I'm just grumbly because I was born close to Christmas, and never had birthday parties, and got combined b-day/Xmas gifts...

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 5

I like this family but I find Courtney's obsession with including the babies in everything annoying.

She has insisted on dragging the babies everywhere since the beginning even to the big boys sporting activities where the babies were too small to appreciate it and they would have been better off at home with the grandparents for an hour or two.

I think Courtney loves all the attention she gets when she rolls in with her 6 babies and basically takes over the event with babies screaming and her running in every direction as the crowd looks on in disbelief.... Meanwhile it deprives the big boys of some actual time with her watching them instead of the babies.

I could barely stand to watch the birthday party with Courtney shouting "Layke, Layke, LAYKE!,  LAYKE?!?!?!!" (eyes bugging out of her head) while her dad tried to tell her that he was fine...... Good grief.. Meanwhile the big boys are left to themselves as she obsessed over the babies once again, there was a ton of friends and family helping her watch the babies but true to form Courtney managed to be a drama queen once again as if she's the only one who's capable of watching them.

The entire conversation about them doing the master bedroom and bath at the end of the show was so fake... She's standing there with raccoon eyes going on and on about staying in the doublewide when it was obviously the plan from the beginning... Ugh I hate all the manufactured nonsense..... They'll do the master suite and she'll run around screaming about Rawlings!...Or Blu!... Or heaven forbid.. LAYYYYYKE!.... 😲

I like her but she'd drive me nuts if I had to be around her.  🙄

• Love 7

29 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think Courtney loves all the attention she gets when she rolls in with her 6 babies and basically takes over the event with babies screaming and her running in every direction as the crowd looks on in disbelief.... Meanwhile it deprives the big boys of some actual time with her watching them instead of the babies.

I could barely stand to watch the birthday party with Courtney shouting "Layke, Layke, LAYKE!,  LAYKE?!?!?!!" (eyes bugging out of her head) while her dad tried to tell her that he was fine...... Good grief.. Meanwhile the big boys are left to themselves as she obsessed over the babies once again, there was a ton of friends and family helping her watch the babies but true to form Courtney managed to be a drama queen once again as if she's the only one who's capable of watching them.

As I've said before, involving everyone in the crisis, even if it is a manufactured one, is a whole lot more important than finding a solution for it. Being an only child, she must have spent her entire life always being the center of attention. She really has no idea what it is like to be a sibling and try to share the attention.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I do feel that the older three should have ONE event per year for just them; their birthday. Is that really too much to ask? It doesn't take that much to realize. Don't they realize how much the six suck up all of the time, energy, and attention?

*Maybe I'm just grumbly because I was born close to Christmas, and never had birthday parties, and got combined b-day/Xmas gifts...

You are exactly right.  They deserve their Birthday.   And then she brought up finances to the older 3.  Really Courtney.  Don't guilt the older 3 because you have 6 2 yr old's that probably do cost a fortune.  P.S.  my sister had a Christmas baby and I have to give her credit.  She did his birthday a week earlier instead of making 2 piles of presents at Christmas.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I like this family but I find Courtney's obsession with including the babies in everything annoying.

She has insisted on dragging the babies everywhere since the beginning even to the big boys sporting activities where the babies were too small to appreciate it and they would have been better off at home with the grandparents for an hour or two.

The entire conversation about them doing the master bedroom and bath at the end of the show was so fake... She's standing there with raccoon eyes going on and on about staying in the doublewide when it was obviously the plan from the beginning... Ugh I hate all the manufactured nonsense..... They'll do the master suite and she'll run around screaming about Rawlings!...Or Blu!... Or heaven forbid.. LAYYYYYKE!.... 😲

I like her but she'd drive me nuts if I had to be around her.  🙄

Great description.  It is the look at me, look at me.    At times I feel my IQ draining because I actually sit there and continue watching when it is totally illogical.  Yeah Courtney, great idea, have a new remodeled house with no bedroom for you and Eric.  Brilliant.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sadly, the older children's chance of having a solo birthday party, or any other individual event ended when the parents decided that they had to have more kids, and they ended up with six.     The younger ones are the focus now, and will be forever.   

Spot on and especially Saylor.  He has to share a room with the twins and chases 2 yr olds around all day.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, eel21788 said:

As I've said before, involving everyone in the crisis, even if it is a manufactured one, is a whole lot more important than finding a solution for it. Being an only child, she must have spent her entire life always being the center of attention. She really has no idea what it is like to be a sibling and try to share the attention.

I wonder about Courtney’s parents the same way I do about Jim Bob Duggar’s mother . . . People who responsibly managed their number of children, and who are stuck subsidizing child care for their irresponsible children. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I wonder about Courtney’s parents the same way I do about Jim Bob Duggar’s mother . . . People who responsibly managed their number of children, and who are stuck subsidizing child care for their irresponsible children. 

They seem quite happy to spend time with their grandchildren and help out their daughter in the process. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SDVegas said:

They seem quite happy to spend time with their grandchildren and help out their daughter in the process. 

Coming out of lurkdom to say that if they expressed the tinest bit of negativity the fans would probably turn on them. It's just easier to smile and act like they're all happy about it. Of course, maybe they really are happy about it.  ( I don't watch this show, I just read all of your comments. 😁)

I just know that if one of my relatives decided to have multiple babies at once and then I was expected to give up a portion of my life to help them raise kids that I didn't ask for, I would not be a happy camper.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Clearly they adore their grandchildren, but they are getting older and it will be increasingly difficult to be at Courtney’s beck and call for every picture, haircut, school run, leaving the house moment.  

And I imagine Courtney’s two friends, former nanny, and aunt have lives as well that do not revolve around every day of Courtney’s sextuplets.  For instance, someone had to stop what they were doing and go watch the babies while Courtney hammered away at that wall for the camera.  As far as we know, all of these people may have jobs on top of caring for their own homes and families.  

She’s blessed to have so many loving, supporting people in her children’s lives, but I can’t help but feel for the drain it must be on all of those helpers, as I did for Grandma Duggar, who surely loved her grandchildren as well. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

Coming out of lurkdom to say that if they expressed the tinest bit of negativity the fans would probably turn on them. It's just easier to smile and act like they're all happy about it. Of course, maybe they really are happy about it.  ( I don't watch this show, I just read all of your comments. 😁)

I just know that if one of my relatives decided to have multiple babies at once and then I was expected to give up a portion of my life to help them raise kids that I didn't ask for, I would not be a happy camper.

Watching the show, it is apparent how the grandparents get a kick out of their grandchildren. They enjoy having them, and even seem to look at watching them overnight as a fun adventure. If I had to watch 6 babies, I wouldn’t be able to mask my anxiety and exhaustion. So I’m taking this at face value and accepting that the grandparents are more than happy to help out and enjoying it in the process. 

• Love 9

I don't know why these multiple shows find it necessary to show the potty training process. Can these kids have some level of privacy? I understand it being fun to look back at their birthdays, vacations, even cute little moments through out these days. I do not want to see your children's butt or bowel movements ever. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 7/15/2020 at 3:15 PM, justdoit10 said:

And then she brought up finances to the older 3.  Really Courtney.  Don't guilt the older 3 because you have 6 2 yr old's that probably do cost a fortune.  

This!

I really like this family and I hate to criticize but involving your children in the family finances was inappropriate.

Small children should feel safe and secure in their home, they don't need to know about the finances or worry and feel guilty..... I really couldn't believe when Courtney went into such detail about their financial situation.... Saylor looked so disappointed and sad....then he looked guilty and embarrassed for feeling that way.

I think they should have rented the trampoline park for the big boys birthday and then have a party for the babies at home, they're 2 and they'd be just as happy at home running around with balloons and a few games set up in the yard.... They're too young to know the difference, they'd have a blast and it would have been easier on the adults.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

And then she brought up finances to the older 3.

I have to wonder though if the older boys are getting mixed messages about money.  They go to Pigeon Forge and stay at The Wilderness where I believe Saylor told his brothers the room cost $200 per night.  Then they are told they can't afford separate birthday parties.  I think children do need some notion of family finances so they don't think money grows on trees (though they usually think that anyway).

On another tack... I saw that the most recent episode was the mid-season finale and that the show would return in the fall.  I guess they got the tornado episode filmed before COVID shut down filming.  Right now north Alabama is a national hotspot. 😞 

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/07/14/sweet-home-sextuplets-returns-to-tlc-this-fall/

And last but not least, did y'all see that Courtney is selling jewelry?  She sells, among other things, the big earrings she always wears on the show.

https://godsdivinenine.com/

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I feel so sorry for the oldest three, Saylor, especially. 

It's clear they have affection and love for their six littlest siblings, but to guilt them into sharing a party and talking about money with them is just so wrong. They're young kids, not teenagers or young adults.

It is not their fault that apparently they weren't enough for their parents who were desperate to have a girl. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BamaGramma said:

And last but not least, did y'all see that Courtney is selling jewelry?  She sells, among other things, the big earrings she always wears on the show.

Giant earrings are one of my big fashion misses. They look like the ear tags that are put on cattle to brand them. It just looks silly to have something huge dangling from your earlobes. Leave them for the cows.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, BamaGramma said:

I have to wonder though if the older boys are getting mixed messages about money.  They go to Pigeon Forge and stay at The Wilderness where I believe Saylor told his brothers the room cost $200 per night.  Then they are told they can't afford separate birthday parties.  I think children do need some notion of family finances so they don't think money grows on trees (though they usually think that anyway).

On another tack... I saw that the most recent episode was the mid-season finale and that the show would return in the fall.  I guess they got the tornado episode filmed before COVID shut down filming.  Right now north Alabama is a national hotspot. 😞 

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/07/14/sweet-home-sextuplets-returns-to-tlc-this-fall/

That whole "godsdivinenine.com" thing is vomit-inducing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

Giant earrings are one of my big fashion misses. They look like the ear tags that are put on cattle to brand them. It just looks silly to have something huge dangling from your earlobes. Leave them for the cows.

I don't mind giant earrings as a rule, but the earrings Courtney's selling are hideous.

• Love 2
(edited)

My guess is just like a certain other show with 5 babies, the trampoline park was only free and filmed because the little kids were filmed there. 

If they really want to live in the trailer forever, then keep the double wide part, and get the third part added.   They do have triple trailers, with a double wide, and the the third part is added across one end (making a big "T" shape).    The third trailer could be a few bedrooms, and bath for the older boys, with a play room added on the end.     Then you put it all on a solid foundation, with tie downs (big concrete things that are buried length wise, and with cables that attach to the bottom of the trailer foundation).     I've heard of the solid foundation, with the tie downs attached, coming through hurricanes just fine.    My suggestion is to put a metal roof on the trailer, so that will never have to be replaced. 

I'm guessing a big trailer company would donate a custom triple, in return for the sponsorship credits.   Then get a safe room company to do a big concrete safe room for the family, and that could be sponsored too.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, BamaGramma said:

Not sure what happened but you quoted me saying something I didn't say... 🤔

And maybe it's just my browser but when I click on the divine9 link the pic cuts Sailors head off completely and the 2 smaller boys and the dad's head is cut in half so it's just Courtney and the babies with full smiling face lol not the best advertisement... They should fix it.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I can't believe she wears them around 6 2 yr olds.  I learned my lesson years ago.  I had on hoops and my nephew, that I was holding, pulled it and ripped my ear lobe.  I had to have stitches to repair it.  After that I wore studs when I even wore earrings.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/16/2020 at 11:02 PM, Joan of Argh said:

This!

I really like this family and I hate to criticize but involving your children in the family finances was inappropriate.

Small children should feel safe and secure in their home, they don't need to know about the finances or worry and feel guilty..... I really couldn't believe when Courtney went into such detail about their financial situation.... Saylor looked so disappointed and sad....then he looked guilty and embarrassed for feeling that way.

I think they should have rented the trampoline park for the big boys birthday and then have a party for the babies at home, they're 2 and they'd be just as happy at home running around with balloons and a few games set up in the yard.... They're too young to know the difference, they'd have a blast and it would have been easier on the adults.

I need to re-wind and watch this discussion.  I lost my mind on following/recalling the show when Eric stated he wanted all of the toddlers potty trained b/c they are putting in hardwood and didn't want to chance that there would be pee in between the cracks of wood. I never heard of such nasty..

The $$ discussion is what I've been waiting for. Just how much is all of the remodel costing? I mean they are acting like there is NO money which is why the 2-3 year wait on another phase for a master bedroom/bath. Are they trying to do all of this w/o getting a mortgage/ construction loan?  That is commendable - to be monthly house note free  for 30 yrs- but when you have 9 kids...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Not sure what happened but you quoted me saying something I didn't say... 🤔

It looks like you quoted someone and then I quoted you quoting them and it attributed the original to you.  I'm sorry about that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BamaGramma said:

It looks like you quoted someone and then I quoted you quoting them and it attributed the original to you.  I'm sorry about that.  

Oh no problem, it just confused me at first because I didn't recall saying it.  ☺