Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Home Sextuplets - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

If you find that a poster's posts routinely annoy you, you should place them on ignore.  Hover over their user name. A pop-up will appear on which you can select ignore.

• Start Topic

That wasn't all that large a herd of sheep? And the mother was saying the money from selling them could be used for a large van, heart surgery if needed, and college? I wonder if she has priced heart suregry without having insurance..it wouldn't even begin to cover that, much less the other things she mentioned. She wears the pants in the family like all of the mothers of multipls seem to do on TLC.

8 hours ago, ramble said:

My mom watched the last half of the most recent episode with me. Her first, immediate observation was that none of the kids were identical. While I know this, I still can’t sort the babies out. She did better on first glance than I have watching the whole thing. Crazy! Her second comment, after I told her all the kids names, with the spellings of said names, was that she wished I hadn’t told her that. She said most of the names were just “unfortunate”. Which in our family means dumb or unattractive. As in, “Wow, that’s some unfortunate hair he’s got going on.” 

i still can’t help but like this family and I’m surprised that the feeling hasn’t changed. Although when they were talking to the older three boys about baseball and Saylor said something about his mama not coming to his game it hurt my heart. He seems like such a sweet kid. 

The dog went with the sheep for good? I thought maybe he was going to herd them off the trailer. Nooo! I thought we’d seen the big dig running around outside the house with the boys some. My kiddo felt especially sorry for their little Yorkie this episode. When he was staring out the window she said she is sure he is overwhelmed by the babies. 

They breed and sell this type of dog, the one that went with the sheep was probably the one that was used to work the sheep. I think they have some as pets also.

• Love 1
On 10/11/2018 at 10:53 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

Per the CDC's website, in 2016, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 3,945,875 live births occurred in the US, of which 31 births were of quintuplets+. The 31 births in the US of 5 babies or more include those conceived both naturally and using any method of reproductive assistance, and most of those 31 births were quints.

I suppose it depends on one's subjective definition of how high or low those odds really are, but to me, they seem infinitesimally small, period - not taking into account the actual method of conception at all.  Infinitesimally small, IMHO.  YMMV, however. (-;

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/multiples.htm

True. My point was that the odds of having sextuplets without fertility drugs is essentially zero. The odds of having sextuplets while taking fertility drugs is obviously not zero, or this TV show would not exist.

More importantly, the argument that Courtney's use of a low dose fertility oral fertility drug made her less likely to conceive multiples than if she had taken a higher dose or use an injectable methods, or if she had used IVF, is completely false.  The dose and delivery method of fertility drugs does not affect the odds of having multiples. And, most higher order multiples are the result of using fertility drugs, not from undergoing IVF.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I wonder if she has priced heart suregry without having insurance..it wouldn't even begin to cover that, 

A small VSD can be repaired with a heart catherization and an occluder. No breaking the sternum, separating the ribs and doing an open-heart repair or spending a week in the hospital. The cost is ~$25,000.

• Love 1

They're getting paid for each episode of the show, which I would guess is a few thousand per episode.  So one season's worth of episodes will be a nice chunk of change.  If the show's renewed, even more dollars will come in.  This week's episode had 1.07 million viewers.  That's a pretty good number for TLC, so there could very well be a second season.

On 10/11/2018 at 9:34 PM, Gemma Violet said:

I don't have a problem with many of the names:

Sailor - like it

They're actually spelling it Saylor, which takes a bad name and makes it worse.

I feel sorry for all the kids saddled with these ridiculous names, but especially for Rawlings Waldrop. Sheesh.

• Love 4
On 10/11/2018 at 6:31 PM, IvySpice said:

Ha. At many U.S. universities, half a million dollars would only cover 2 kids!

The low odds of conceiving sextuplets aren't that interesting to me. I'm interested in the HIGH odds that higher-order multiples will suffer and die in the NICU or struggle with painful life-long disabilities. They could easily have ended up miscarrying them all at 20 weeks or with 4-6 blind kids on feeding tubes in motorized wheelchairs. They took a morally unacceptable risk IMHO.

There are ways to reduce the risk of sextuplets on fertility drugs. Every month you do an ultrasound and see how many eggs you produced. If there are too many, you use birth control for the rest of that month. If you are morally opposed to pregnancy reduction, you should use this method.

We saw a RE for a bit. They would not do unmonitored (ie, ultrasounds, blood work) cycles with oral fertility meds (eg, Clomid, Letrozole). Not every person needed an injection to aid in releasing the egg, but whether with that injection or just the oral meds alone, my RE would not do IUI and strongly advised against sex if ultrasound indicated more than a couple of eggs. They wanted a healthy pregnancy and, more importantly, a healthy baby. 

• Love 2
On 10/12/2018 at 2:33 PM, RemoteControlFreak said:

True. My point was that the odds of having sextuplets without fertility drugs is essentially zero. The odds of having sextuplets while taking fertility drugs is obviously not zero, or this TV show would not exist.

More importantly, the argument that Courtney's use of a low dose fertility oral fertility drug made her less likely to conceive multiples than if she had taken a higher dose or use an injectable methods, or if she had used IVF, is completely false.  The dose and delivery method of fertility drugs does not affect the odds of having multiples. And, most higher order multiples are the result of using fertility drugs, not from undergoing IVF.

So maybe the missing piece here is that while Courtney did take a drug intended to treat infertility problems, Courtney did not take it because she had trouble conceiving, but because she has a blood-clotting iseue that makes it difficult for her to carry a baby to term?  I have no idea what the connection is between whatever medication she was taking and the disorder they were trying to treat, but I do know that she wasn't using it because she had trouble conceiving.  Thus, it struck me that maybe it's neither fair nor accurate to look at this through the lens of a woman using medication to try and get pregnant;  and given that was not the reason for taking the drug, maybe there are factors and considerations about which I truly have no idea... and therefore really can't judge or even have an informed opinion in this particular instance. 

As for IVF and its risk of producing high order multiples relative to the use of oral infertility drugs only, I wonder if people get more riled up and accusatory when IVF is involved because choosing to implant a certain number of embryos seems at first glance to be more intentional than just popping a pill does?  And the more intentional the cause, the more judge-worthy the outcome appears?

• Like 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

So maybe the missing piece here is that while Courtney did take a drug intended to treat infertility problems, Courtney did not take it because she had trouble conceiving, but because she has a blood-clotting iseue that makes it difficult for her to carry a baby to term?  I have no idea what the connection is between whatever medication she was taking and the disorder they were trying to treat, but I do know that she wasn't using it because she had trouble conceiving.  Thus, it struck me that maybe it's neither fair nor accurate to look at this through the lens of a woman using medication to try and get pregnant;  and given that was not the reason for taking the drug, maybe there are factors and considerations about which I truly have no idea... and therefore really can't judge or even have an informed opinion in this particular instance. 

@SabineElisabeth ... I’m glad you brought that up. I was wondering about that as well. One would think they would explain the background in more detail and help us viewers understand their decision. 

• Love 2
On 10/12/2018 at 8:28 PM, Gemma Violet said:

They're getting paid for each episode of the show, which I would guess is a few thousand per episode.  So one season's worth of episodes will be a nice chunk of change.  If the show's renewed, even more dollars will come in.  This week's episode had 1.07 million viewers.  That's a pretty good number for TLC, so there could very well be a second season.

Yeah..I can see 2-3 seasons. That is really enough . Once the babies get school age filming becomes hard and we aren't really seeing anything interesting. Come back with a "6 turn 6" special like the jones quints did at age 5. YouTube and blogs can fill in the rest.

Now the potty training season {sigh.. yeah its probably coming down the road}- did I hear the mom say the older boys pee off of the side of the porch???

Edited by sATL

Now I know "eczema" is not a 1st grade sight word , but Courtney , the teacher, had to ask the lady sitting next to her what the word was from the nurse's text message ? Sound out the word....

Kindergarten class isn't too diverse....sorry - I just happen to notice ...

She picked to take 6 mth  pictures during their fussy time ? You can work around the sun - pick a differnt or shadier spot... There has to way to photoshop the individual pictures into a group picture - they came out great.

It's a hard task - but why can't they attempt find someone to replace Kayleigh if/when she goes to nursing school ? Just get through the 1st year, actually I would shoot for 2 - 2nd year being part time. Yes, she cost $$ but sanity comes with a price. Given Kayleigh was a recent HS grad - I don't think she was paid major money - ie salary of an adult nanny.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Ohhhh the twangy accents are just about driving me away from this show. The husband is fine but the mom is just ridiculous, especially when chatting with the ladies helping her! It is super distracting. Super cute babies, though. ?

• Love 3

With everything going on in their lives, I'm always impressed that these families not only think to give back to those who have given to them so generously, but actually make it happen.  Even with all the help they have now, that's still a lot to take on with so many kiddos.  And taking them at their word, the husband had the idea to hold a 5k for the community's benefit immediately after they attended their own 5k/gender reveal - meaning the idea wasn't driven by a tv show, but by sincerity (as I don't think the tv show was a thing at the time they did the gender reveal;  hence, why we got home footage of it).  If I remember correctly, I think one of the very first episodes of Outdaughtered also showed Adam and Danielle helping out a family whose home was destroyed by a fire?  While that was obviously after the show started filming, it was early enough in the process that I would believe it wasn't a producer suggestion either, but something the family would have done tv show or no.  (Or, maybe I'm just a sucker, lol, but I have a hard time not giving people the benefit of the doubt).  :-)

Speaking of, writing this got me thinking back through TLC's stable of multiples shows, which made me wonder about the Hodges.  I wonder if they'll be back, or if they opted out once one of their little ones died earlier this year?  They seemed like a nice family, from what little we saw, but extremely overwhelmed, and I can totally understand not wanting to live out something like that with a camera shoved in your face.  I briefly considered that TLC chose not to bring them back, but I certainly hope that's not the case, as I would find it a bit off-putting, to be honest, if TLC wasn't willing to show the ugly - and much more common - reality of having micro preemies, while profiting off the rainbows and unicorns side of it.

• Love 4

I liked the graduation with the kids in matching shirts instead of robes.  So cute.   Did anyone notice the type of van they have?  I only ask because two families in our neighborhood have seven kids, and one family has a Ford Transit which I like because it can be purchased with a high roof which makes it so much easier for parents who have to lean over children in car seats.   Also during the scene with the thunderstorm, I thought I glimpsed an unfenced backyard swimming pool.  I like them, but I am ready for it to be a once a year special just to keep up.   It also bugs me that she says "pichers,' but I guess that is fairly common.   I can't think of a good time for picture taking with six babies;  they are always going to be needing food, fresh diapers, and/or naps.  The idea of individual pictures as opposed to a group picture seemed a no-brainer to me especially as we never can get a great picture of our 4 adult children where everyone looks happy.

• Love 2
On 10/14/2018 at 9:42 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

As for IVF and its risk of producing high order multiples relative to the use of oral infertility drugs only, I wonder if people get more riled up and accusatory when IVF is involved because choosing to implant a certain number of embryos seems at first glance to be more intentional than just popping a pill does?  And the more intentional the cause, the more judge-worthy the outcome appears?

This doesn't make sense.  What does a clotting disorder have to do with fertility?  And if she had a miscarriage, that's not a symptom of infertility. The symptom of infertility is difficulty in getting pregnant, not in staying pregnant.

And if she has trouble carrying a baby to term, taking a fertility drug makes it more likely to become pregnant with a baby or two, or six and the goal of getting pregnant is to carry a baby to term. According to the story, she miscarried after having Saylor (the first kid) and found out that she had a clotting disorder that could risk both the baby and mother if she got pregnant again. So she turned to fertility drugs that actually increased her odds of getting pregnant and of having multiples. And she had twins.  Then she did it again and had sextuplets.

I'm going to cautiously call BS on Courtney.  I think she and/or her husband wanted another kid and wanted to have a girl, so they took fertility drugs to increase the chance of getting pregnant.  If she has a clotting disorder, one of the last things she wants to do is give birth to sextuplets. While she may have some kind of clotting disorder (possibly Antiphospholipid Syndrome), there's no logic behind the claim that this is somehow connected to her decision to take fertility drugs.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I love this family the more I watch them.  They seem so down to earth and sincere, and I love that they have such supportive friends and family.  Their children are very loved.

I believe their new van is a Nissan....it’s just like the one Danielle drives on OutDaughtered.

The pictures were just adorable and I loved watching them being taken.

This episode was the first time I have seen a pretty good aerial shot of their home and property....it’s beautiful.

I hope they have a second season.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, juliemama said:

Ohhhh the twangy accents are just about driving me away from this show. The husband is fine but the mom is just ridiculous, especially when chatting with the ladies helping her! It is super distracting. Super cute babies, though. ?

I would imagine this would be how we sound when a bunch of us girls get together ;) being from Alabama I guess it just goes with the territory, lol.  So I guess I'd have to give her a pass on that, there's so many other things that just drives me crazy, not having all those babies on the same feeding schedule being tops.

• Love 4
On 10/13/2018 at 12:20 PM, RemoteControlFreak said:

They're actually spelling it Saylor, which takes a bad name and makes it worse.

I feel sorry for all the kids saddled with these ridiculous names, but especially for Rawlings Waldrop. Sheesh.

Honestly, I would rather be named Rawlings than the new/old trend of Hazel and Harriet.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Usually women with a clotting disorder take some kind of blood thinner after getting pregnant. It may be a simple as a daily dose of aspirin, or as much as heparin shots I think. 

The heparin shot is what Erin Bates has to do if I'm remembering correct. I too was confused about fertility medicine for a clotting issue.

6 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

This doesn't make sense.  What does a clotting disorder have to do with fertility?  And if she had a miscarriage, that's not a symptom of infertility. The symptom of infertility is difficulty in getting pregnant, not in staying pregnant.

And if she has trouble carrying a baby to term, taking a fertility drug makes it more likely to become pregnant with a baby or two, or six and the goal of getting pregnant is to carry a baby to term. According to the story, she miscarried after having Saylor (the first kid) and found out that she had a clotting disorder that could risk both the baby and mother if she got pregnant again. So she turned to fertility drugs that actually increased her odds of getting pregnant and of having multiples. And she had twins.  Then she did it again and had sextuplets.

I'm going to cautiously call BS on Courtney.  I think she and/or her husband wanted another kid and wanted to have a girl, so they took fertility drugs to increase the chance of getting pregnant.  If she has a clotting disorder, one of the last things she wants to do is give birth to sextuplets. While she may have some kind of clotting disorder (possibly Antiphospholipid Syndrome), there's no logic behind the claim that this is somehow connected to her decision to take fertility drugs.

I totally agree that it seems like we're missing a big piece of the puzzle as to how exactly the fertility drug fits in to things.  However, I'm not sure that wanting a girl is that missing piece.  In fact, I got the distinct impression that they would have been perfectly happy to have ended up with 6 more boys and no girls at all!

• Love 5

I don't why I keep watching this POS.  One, of many, pet peeves:  who takes one infant, let alone six, to church on Mother's Day, to a little league game, or to a kindergarten graduation?  If they can't afford to have their nanny plus a babysitter watch the kids for a few hours, they shouldn't have had six kids. I'm pretty sure the Mother's Day church service was staged just for the show.  

This is obviously just done for the drama factor of the show. It's almost as absurd as when the Outdaughtered family took all five three-year olds shopping for bathing suits and had the kids try the suits on, to boot, as if they would fit differently on one kid than on the others.

I've watched several of these TLC multiples shows and this family seems particularly unprepared for what they were getting into.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

I totally agree that it seems like we're missing a big piece of the puzzle as to how exactly the fertility drug fits in to things.  However, I'm not sure that wanting a girl is that missing piece.  In fact, I got the distinct impression that they would have been perfectly happy to have ended up with 6 more boys and no girls at all!

This article says they were "hoping for a girl."  And this article says "Courtney was hoping and praying for a girl." 

• Useful 1

I don’t think I can ever truly like this family. I just don’t understand being so greedy that you can’t be happy with the three healthy children you already have and can afford to take care of.

Also,  I keep seeing scenes of the baby girls with those stupid bow headbands where the headbands have slipped off and are across their eyes.  I detest those headband bows in the first place. They look so stupid. And when they present a circulatory or choking hazard, I really, really dislike them.

ETA:  if Courtney is so concerned with the headband bows so that people know they’re girls, then why did she give all of her children gender neutral names? I’ve only heard Sailor as a girls name, for example.

ETA:  how in the F does the dad have time to coach the older boys’ baseball team???  

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

11 minutes ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

This article says they were "hoping for a girl."  And this article says "Courtney was hoping and praying for a girl." 

I've never seen a direct quote from either of them, either in an article or on the show, saying one way or the other.  On the show, they (and especially Courtney) seemed to  have a lot of trepidation about having a girl, but then they did seem (cautiously) excited at the gender reveal when they found out they were having three girls.  So, who knows, but they seem quite taken with all 9 of them!  

Reminds me of my little sister, who always said she could only see herself as a mom of boys.  Her first child is a boy, and she was hoping for a boy the second time around, as well.... right up until the ultrasound when they were told they were having a girl.  My sister said in that moment, the thought of only wanting boys never crossed her mind, because she suddenly just knew that having a little girl was what she'd wanted all her life.  :-)  (And now we have my sweet nephew and niece who are, in my very unbiased opinion, amazing kiddos).  ;-)

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I love this family the more I watch them.  They seem so down to earth and sincere, and I love that they have such supportive friends and family.  Their children are very loved.

I agree.  I'm fascinated with this show.  They all love each other so much and seem like genuinely nice people.

3 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

Blu sitting up was so awesome. I was amazed at Saylor....he was yelling "he's doing it!" more than once too. That part got me, how excited the sibling got even before mommy or daddy did! What a moment.

This almost made me choke up.  The whole family cheering a baby sitting up.  Again, a lot of love there.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Twopper said:

It also bugs me that she says "pichers,' but I guess that is fairly common.  

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, sATL said:

Now I know "eczema" is not a 1st grade sight word , but Courtney , the teacher, had to ask the lady sitting next to her what the word was from the nurse's text message ? Sound out the word....

For being a teacher, her grammar is questionable at times.  I catch little things here and there, especially mispronounced words.  Like in the first episode, she still calls them SIXtuplets.  And instead of "sitting" she says "setting".  I've also heard her say, "Me and Eric" and "we're doing good".  I live in the south and am totally used to accents but never heard "set" instead of "sit".  She's a teacher yet doesn't seem super bright.  Sweet gal though with way more patience than myself. 

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:45 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

Speaking of, writing this got me thinking back through TLC's stable of multiples shows, which made me wonder about the Hodges.  I wonder if they'll be back, or if they opted out once one of their little ones died earlier this year?  They seemed like a nice family, from what little we saw, but extremely overwhelmed, and I can totally understand not wanting to live out something like that with a camera shoved in your face.  I briefly considered that TLC chose not to bring them back, but I certainly hope that's not the case, as I would find it a bit off-putting, to be honest, if TLC wasn't willing to show the ugly - and much more common - reality of having micro preemies, while profiting off the rainbows and unicorns side of it.

I don't think they'll be back.  I was so heartbroken when I heard Connell passed.  But they've seemed to shy away from publicizing their life.  They've deleted all social media.

Back to Waldrops, I like them but the show is kind of boring to me.  Am I the only one that's noticed the boys kind of talk down to Courtney a few times?  I can't remember exactly what it was but one situation was when she was learning to drive the van.  It's been a while since my boys were young but shouldn't one of the twins have been in a booster seat in the back?

• Love 2

This episode was the first time I have seen a pretty good aerial shot of their home and property....it’s beautiful.

I agree.  A little slice of heaven, right there.

The babies are all so cute!  That is why I watch. Rivers and Rawlings have caught my eye, but all of them are precious. Wow, have they gotten big!  It looks to me like they are normal 6-month-olds, not preemies.

The mom always seems so calm, as does Danielle on Outdaughtered. I'd be so stressed that I'd probably have to be on medication.

The van actually doesn't look that big to me, given how many people that it can carry. (But I know I would have a hard time driving it.) I like it when the cameras in the van show the babies being startled when the driver hits a bump. So funny.

The pool doesn't have a fence?!?  That isn't allowed in my area. Drowning is a big killer of young kids ... you have to take EVERY precaution available to make it safer.

• Love 4

I missed this part of the episode and the church service, but I wondered since it was a text message if maybe the word was misspelled  in the text or maybe it was one of those she had never seen or due to exhaustion her comprehension was not at its best.   My DH has two advanced degrees, and for some reason he has a terrible time with pronouncing "eczema," and he has it from time to time

The pool doesn't have a fence?!? 

I freaked out over that, but I barely saw the pool as I was folding laundry and watching at the same time.  The pool disappeared from the scene almost as soon  as I  glanced up, and I wasn't absolutely sure from the shot if it was their pool or one belonging to a neighbor.  They don't live in the city limits for Albertville, so I am sure there are few restrictions of their property.  I see plenty of unfenced pools when we travel as well as trampolines without netting.  DH grew up in an area like that, and he hates many of the restrictions living in an historic area in a city brings, but he definitely believes in fencing a pool, and if you have young children you should fence the back yard and then fence around the pool itself.

• Love 2

RE:the new mega passenger van... I wonder what kind of gas mileage that bus gets? Their home appear to be a ways out of town, so they could be filling up quite a bit.

I hope they kept the car/suv they had, if they didn't need it for the trade. I can see a few places they need to go where all 11 of them wouldn't need or want to go.

Let's go back a generation or two... I know a couple of families who had 7-9 kids - different ages, though... I don't think they took two cars to common places like church

44 minutes ago, sATL said:

Let's go back a generation or two... I know a couple of families who had 7-9 kids - different ages, though... I don't think they took two cars to common places like church

Seatbelts and car seats weren't required in a lot of states a generation or two ago so it was easier to take a large family in one car. You could get 8 kids in the back seat if they squashed up and the bottom four held 4 siblings in their lap.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Seatbelts and car seats weren't required in a lot of states a generation or two ago so it was easier to take a large family in one car. You could get 8 kids in the back seat if they squashed up and the bottom four held 4 siblings in their lap.

Yeah, this is a totally different time and safety is important.  

• Love 1
On 10/17/2018 at 8:34 PM, PityFree said:

I don’t think I can ever truly like this family. I just don’t understand being so greedy that you can’t be happy with the three healthy children you already have and can afford to take care of.

Also,  I keep seeing scenes of the baby girls with those stupid bow headbands where the headbands have slipped off and are across their eyes.  I detest those headband bows in the first place. They look so stupid. And when they present a circulatory or choking hazard, I really, really dislike them.

ETA:  if Courtney is so concerned with the headband bows so that people know they’re girls, then why did she give all of her children gender neutral names? I’ve only heard Sailor as a girls name, for example.

ETA:  how in the F does the dad have time to coach the older boys’ baseball team???  

I so agree with you!  I'm also irritated every time I see the commercial for the next show where the nanny gets into nursing school and Courtney's determined to take care of all 6 babies by herself.  I just want to scream at the TV that it's not about her, but should be about what's best for the 6 little babies who need a certain amount of attention, not a mother who's so prideful that she won't use help.  There's a reason that states require that day cares only allow so many infants per caregiver.

• Love 4

I’m watching the newest episodes and I really fear that one of those babies is going to flip over and suffocate in those little round pillows they lay the babies in all the time. I’ve seen them several times in past episodes flip over so they are practically face down in those pillows. It  doesn’t take long for a tiny baby — especially a preemie — to have trouble breathing in that situation. Mark my words; we’re going to hear about one of these kids dying on the news.

I can’t imagine how much harm Courtney has caused to other peoples children by being a teacher with such poor grammar. It’s a appalling. I would never ever let her teach my children (if I had any).

• Love 1
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

I’m watching the newest episodes and I really fear that one of those babies is going to flip over and suffocate in those little round pillows they lay the babies in all the time. I’ve seen them several times in past episodes flip over so they are practically face down in those pillows. It  doesn’t take long for a tiny baby — especially a preemie — to have trouble breathing in that situation. Mark my words; we’re going to hear about one of these kids dying on the news.

The babies will be a year old in a couple of weeks and probably can all turn themselves over. The show is filmed several months in advance.   

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 2

I'm enjoying this show, but also finding it stressful to watch. I enjoyed having one baby at a time, but it could get pretty tiring. Having to deal with 6 babies 24/7 would be my worst nightmare. I can only imagine the nights... 4 hours of broken sleep as the babies take turns waking up. I'd be crying. 

I agree with others that the scene where Blu sits up was just heartwarming. You could see by everyone's body language that it was real and not faked. 

I was impressed by Courtney's photography skills and determination. The single shots were lovely. People keep joking about her obsession with photos, and I don't blame them, but it looks like she knows what she's doing. 

I cringed at the sight of the pool. With 9 children, I'd just fill it in. But that's my particular phobia. 

I hope they're faking us out by implying Courtney plans to look after the babies alone. That's just ridiculous. 

I'm sure I'll watch the finale just out of curiosity, but I don't know if I could handle another season. For me, I found the toddler stage to be the most exhausting and demanding to deal with, all 4 times. Watching someone wrangle 6 toddlers at once might be more stressful for me than enjoyable. 

That said, I do really like this family. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 1
On 10/19/2018 at 9:21 AM, winsomeone said:

They will have help like all of these families do..they will just lie about it and not show them.

I couldn’t disagree more.  Their house always has friends and family over to help, and they are included in the filming.  Not like on OutDaughtered where they hid their help until their former nanny outed them.

I just loved when Courtney handed the baby to the mayor and casually said the baby needed burping....then her being so embarrassed in her TH about it.  I think this family is as authentic as you can get.  I don’t understand all the criticism, and really, who cares how or why she got 6 babies....they are here and healthy.  I love them.

16 hours ago, PityFree said:

I can’t imagine how much harm Courtney has caused to other peoples children by being a teacher with such poor grammar. It’s a appalling. I would never ever let her teach my children (if I had any).

She seems very loving, positive and caring.  I’d let her teach my kids.  

16 hours ago, PityFree said:

Awe, that’s not fair.  There are always several adults watching the babies.  I think they are awesome parents.

I ask sincerely, why do you even watch?  You dislike them so much.  I just don’t understand wasting my time on people I dislike and look down on.  I’m not being snarky, just asking.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I'm enjoying this show, but also finding it stressful to watch. I enjoyed having one baby at a time, but it could get pretty tiring. Having to deal with 6 babies 24/7 would be my worst nightmare. I can only imagine the nights... 4 hours of broken sleep as the babies take turns waking up. I'd be crying. 

I agree. I find the idea of having six babies horrifying. I don’t understand how the parents can be so positive, awake, clean, dressed, etc. Lol. 

I think this is why I enjoy watching Outdaughtered - Adam and Danielle act like everything is no big deal. If that’s because they’re hiding their legions of hired help, fine. It makes for better TV. 

I like watching the Outdaughtered quints interact with each other now that they’re  older, and I’m interested to see these kids as toddlers too. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I agree with others that the scene where Blu sits up was just heartwarming. You could see by everyone's body language that it was real and not faked. 

I was impressed by Courtney's photography skills and determination. The single shots were lovely. People keep joking about her obsession with photos, and I don't blame them, but it looks like she knows what she's doing. 

I cringed at the sight of the pool. With 9 children, I'd just fill it in. But that's my particular phobia. 

I hope they're faking us out by implying Courtney plans to look after the babies alone. That's just ridiculous. 

I'm sure I'll watch the finale just out of curiosity, but I don't know if I could handle another season. For me, I found the toddler stage to be the most exhausting and demanding to deal with, all 4 times. Watching someone wrangle 6 toddlers at once might be more stressful for me than enjoyable. 

That said, I do really like this family. 

hmm. that would make one hell of a basketball court...? they are one player short though. LOL !

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, sATL said:

hmm. that would make one hell of a basketball court...? they are one player short though. LOL !

How about a baseball field?  Just the right number.  LOL.  It reminds me of the I Love Lucy episode of Little Ricky's birth, when Fred was talking with a father-to-be in the hospital (played by Charles Lane) who was less than thrilled that he had six girls.  When the nurse came out and said, "We have a surprise for you this time," he was elated and said, "It's a boy!"  The nurse shook her head and then three other nurses came out carrying triplet girls.  "Nine girls," he sadly grumbled.  Fred, trying to cheer him up, said, "Well, you could always have a girl's baseball team."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Awe, that’s not fair.  There are always several adults watching the babies.  I think they are awesome parents.

I ask sincerely, why do you even watch?  You dislike them so much.  I just don’t understand wasting my time on people I dislike and look down on.  I’m not being snarky, just asking.

I am really enjoying this family and the show, especially since the Busbys' show is so staged now, but I do understand the fun of hate watching something, especially when the majority of people are hate watching. But there are many times on Previously TV when I have wished there could be separate threads for people who are love watching a show and people who are hate watching a show.

• Love 8
On 10/17/2018 at 5:29 PM, RemoteControlFreak said:

I don't why I keep watching this POS.  One, of many, pet peeves:  who takes one infant, let alone six, to church on Mother's Day, to a little league game, or to a kindergarten graduation?  If they can't afford to have their nanny plus a babysitter watch the kids for a few hours, they shouldn't have had six kids. I'm pretty sure the Mother's Day church service was staged just for the show. 

Am I reading this wrong? I think church, little league, and school events are a perfectly appropriate place to take a baby. I see babies at these kind of places all the time. Now, I wouldn’t want to take 6 babies anywhere but who would take 1 baby? I think lots of people. 

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Jackintheknox said:

Am I reading this wrong? I think church, little league, and school events are a perfectly appropriate place to take a baby. I see babies at these kind of places all the time. Now, I wouldn’t want to take 6 babies anywhere but who would take 1 baby? I think lots of people. 

One baby, yeah, I get that. Six babies?  They are just making life harder on themselves.  The babies don’t give a crap if they get  out of the house or not. 

I’m sure the adults and older  kids want to get out of the house, but that’s much easier to accomplish if they don’t drag six babies with them.  

Plus if the parents are so concerned about the babies being exposed to things like the flu, taking them out to hang out with a giant crowd is probably not a great idea.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Plus if the parents are so concerned about the babies being exposed to things like the flu, taking them out to hang out with a giant crowd is probably not a great idea.

I think the flu season was pretty much over when baseball season was going on.

• Love 3