Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I think they are pants. The material looks a little thicker and sturdier than leggings. If so, Cate better pray she never gets caught in a rain storm because if those pants get soaked while she's wearing them, she's probably going to have to cut them off.

I don't understand how she got them on her body in the first place.  Wouldn't it be more comfortable to wear pants that fit? And if you are self conscious about your weight, why would you wear pants that make your legs look like two stuffed sausages?  Odd choice.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I don't understand how she got them on her body in the first place.  Wouldn't it be more comfortable to wear pants that fit? And if you are self conscious about your weight, why would you wear pants that make your legs look like two stuffed sausages?  Odd choice.

Probably the same thing that confounded me when I was 16. She has a pair of pants that are size X. Therefore she is size X. Going to size X + 1 (or perhaps um, X + 3) is a mental roadblock and she would rather stuff herself into pants that don't even allow her to bend her knees or god forbid, bend down to reach something.

Sidenote: I read somewhere that Marilyn Monroe had dresses sewn right on her body while she was wearing them, and then at the end of the night they had to cut the seams to let her out.

• Love 4

Darn it, Butch! Since you're the only member of La Familia Baltierra to have a real job (besides Kim) and one of the few people on the show who doesn't act like jobs requiring manual labor are below them, I was rooting for you!!!  Um, at least it wasn't for drugs or domestic violence, though....which is what I expected when I clicked the link. So good on you for that, I guess???

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Yeah, I never understood the love Butch gets from viewers. I agree that I'm all for his new positive outlook on life and wanting to change for the better; and that everyone makes mistakes. However, I can't forget that one time (at least one time documented) he pushed Aprils head through a wall and got all up in Catelynn's face when she was a teenager. I think he acts for the camera's like all of them do and he also kisses Tyler's behind to keep those rent checks coming and his new set of veneers Ty bought him. Do you really think Butch would be all "holier than thou" & "I'm a changed man," if MTV wasn't documenting his every move or paying his son money he's never seen in his life? He wants Tyler's money and the world to laugh at his lame jokes.

I hope to not piss anyone off with my semi-cynical views of Butch. I just call BS on how April and Butch treat Cate and Ty now that they started to become "Uppa Class" to quote Mr. Grifter "Matt". Everyone plays up to the camera's and I'm not too gullible. :-)

I hate how they all ignore all the problems they have/had as a family. Sure, Cate and Tyler occasionally discuss it with Kinko's Kathleen, but I tend to doubt April went through counseling. It's pretty apparent that Cate needs more help with it than she is getting. It seems that Cate and April should have family counseling together to help resolve some of the deep family issues they have, same with Butch and Tyler.  Did April even go through a treatment program?   I am kind of in awe that they leave Nova with April so much considering the abuse history, which really wasn't that long ago if you think about it.  Wasn't it just a few seasons ago that April was still verbally abusing Cate on camera? I really hope she is better and capable of taking care of a toddler, but how does someone like that just magically change without professional help?  I don't trust Butch or April, and it scared me to see the big pool in April's backyard. I wonder how much C&T pay April to be Nova's mom for half the week.

Edited by starfire
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Check out the sneak peek for next week. 

She can't go an entire scene without laying down. 

Someone should come up with a teen mom bingo board.  Catelyn texting on her phone? Check.  Nova without a shirt on in public? Check.  Wife beaters being worn as an actual shirt? Check.

Also, we learn that Tyler knows how to operate a grill!!  So they are one step closer to figuring out how to cook a piece of chicken!

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, poopchute said:

Someone should come up with a teen mom bingo board.  Catelyn texting on her phone? Check.  Nova without a shirt on in public? Check.  Wife beaters being worn as an actual shirt? Check.

Also, we learn that Tyler knows how to operate a grill!!  So they are one step closer to figuring out how to cook a piece of chicken!

Cate crying on cue - BINGO!

Did anyone else notice the huge oil residue in the pool surrounding Cate?

j/k

• Love 2

Old news, new article:

Catelynn & Tyler Arrested For Drugs One Week After Placing Daughter For Adoption

"Though they were being filmed for MTV’s 16 & Pregnant at the time, the July 2009 episode did not mention the arrests."

(That would have ruined their "America's Sweethearts" image) 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/teen-mom-catelynn-tyler-once-arrested-drugs

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, starfire said:

I hate how they all ignore all the problems they have/had as a family. Sure, Cate and Tyler occasionally discuss it with Kinko's Kathleen, but I tend to doubt April went through counseling. It's pretty apparent that Cate needs more help with it than she is getting. It seems that Cate and April should have family counseling together to help resolve some of the deep family issues they have, same with Butch and Tyler.  Did April even go through a treatment program?   I am kind of in awe that they leave Nova with April so much considering the abuse history, which really wasn't that long ago if you think about it.  Wasn't it just a few seasons ago that April was still verbally abusing Cate on camera? I really hope she is better and capable of taking care of a toddler, but how does someone like that just magically change without professional help?  I don't trust Butch or April, and it scared me to see the big pool in April's backyard. I wonder how much C&T pay April to be Nova's mom for half the week.

Kathleen is in over her head.  She needs to stop what she's doing and refer them both to a mental health professional.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Old news, new article:

Catelynn & Tyler Arrested For Drugs One Week After Placing Daughter For Adoption

"Though they were being filmed for MTV’s 16 & Pregnant at the time, the July 2009 episode did not mention the arrests."

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/teen-mom-catelynn-tyler-once-arrested-drugs

Seven years later they now own a home and four cars! Still no jobs or plans to secure their future.

• Love 6

Surely Cate stopped smoking weed, stopped smoking her cigarettes and stopped drinking while pregnant.

Maci didn't drink while knowing she was pregnant. http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/02/15/mtv-captures-pregnant-maci-bookout-drinking-alcohol-on-camera/

Maci surely stopped smoking cigarettes while pregnant.

Leah Messer stopped smoking cigarettes while pregnant. http://www.realitytea.com/2012/01/19/photos-teen-mom-2s-leah-messer-smoking-while-pregnant/

Jenelle didn't get high while pregnant.

Kail stopped being an abusive bitch while pregnant.

Now, just add sarcasm to the end of all those comments above.

• Love 6

How these girls don't care more is beyond me. A few days before finding out I was pregnant with Baby Birdee I took a prescription allergy pill that isn't recommended to take while pregnant. Then when I got the positive test, I immediately called my OB/GYN. Granted, I'm a worried, but really girls, get it together.

• Love 6

Birdee I'm the same way. I went out for my birthday and had exactly 1 drink which was the first time I had anything at all to drink for about 6 months. 1 month later I found out I was pregnant and worried right up to the day I gave birth that my baby was going to be born with fetal alcohol syndrome. My OB told me I was being silly every single time I talked to him but I was terrified for months! These girls do it and keep doing the whole damn time!! I dont understand that mentality at all!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Seven years later they now own a home and four cars! Still no jobs or plans to secure their future.

The prime of their lives with the most energy they will ever have, and they chose to vegetate in the same place they grew up.  Pretty much what they would have done anyway, but with oodles of MTV money.  As Rosanne Barr jokingly said 25 years ago, "We're America's worst nightmare...white trash with money."

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

The prime of their lives with the most energy they will ever have, and they chose to vegetate in the same place they grew up.  Pretty much what they would have done anyway, but with oodles of MTV money.  As Rosanne Barr jokingly said 25 years ago, "We're America's worst nightmare...white trash with money."

Maybe they have the "Big Fish in the Little Pond" Syndrome!  I'm sure in their little Michigan hometown Cate and Tyler are " important citizens"!

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Amen.

Someone here posted how they would have ended up on welfare. I believe MTV would have still chosen them for the show (Teen Mom) even if they kept their baby. Their overall story of growing up with abuse and addiction, on top of so many willing participants to showcase their private lives in exchange for a check, made it so easy for MTV to choose them for this show.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Kathleen is in over her head.  She needs to stop what she's doing and refer them both to a mental health professional.  

Yep. It is definitely over her paygrade there at Office Max.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Katt said:

I always thought Catelynn was second (or fifth, rather) choice for TM. MTV had originally chosen a different girl from 16 & Pregnant?

Googling tells me there were a six girls featured in the original 16 & Pregnant. It debuted in June 2009. By August,  MTV had already contracted the infamous 4 girls for the Teen Mom spin-off and production began.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Amen.

Someone here posted how they would have ended up on welfare. I believe MTV would have still chosen them for the show (Teen Mom) even if they kept their baby. Their overall story of growing up with abuse and addiction, on top of so many willing participants to showcase their private lives in exchange for a check, made it so easy for MTV to choose them for this show.

Still a possibility.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

If Catelynn used while she was pregnant with Carly I wonder what she told Brandon and Theresa? I'm sure it had to come up and some point during  the initial interview.

I'm sure she lied. Especially since she and Tyler were arrested a week after a Carly's birth for possession. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, pheebs said:

The first thing I thought when I saw those dresses was, "Do you want your child to be bullied?" Kids pick up, (and pick on) the ones who stand out. In that area of Indianapolis, kids don't wear $300.00 dresses to school, ever. Not even picture day. Let her fit in with her cute, "normal," clearance-rack stuff from Target. The one dress, (black and gold sequins) looked like a "New Year's Eve" party dress. For an adult. Amber wanted her to wear that one...

That dress looks very itchy in addition to being way too formal for school.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
  • Love 6

So I just saw something on tumbler... apparently Cate shared a snap (snapchat) of  Nova completely naked unedited in the shower... I saw a screenshot, but I don't feel comfortable sharing it anymore than it has already been shared, I know other people probably have and will, but it's a picture that I hope does get deleted before it gets distributed too much, it's not her sitting in the bath tub with a cute little sticker or something covering her, the child is literally standing and nothing is left to the imagination, it's a little blurred from the glass of the shower but not really.  

So I'll be honest, I have never smoked marijuana... so I really don't know how it affects thought processes, so please don't attack me for what I'm about to say because I am not saying 100% that marijuana has any part in this... but either she is just ridiculously stupid/careless/naive thinking it's not a big deal to post a nude picture of a child and would have done it anyway, or the marijuana (or any other substance for that matter) has clouded her judgement enough to not see an issue with posting that. 

It just alarms me on so many levels, with their level of notoriety it's not an anonymous picture (not that it makes it ok even if it is)... even without having to worried about perverts and creepers, that picture will forever be on the internet now, Nova is going to grow up and now likely be confronted with this picture later in life.  I'm sure most of us had bath pictures so I'm not saying taking them is really a huge deal, but most of us have some semblance of control over who sees them, not for millions of people over the Internet.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

If Catelynn used while she was pregnant with Carly I wonder what she told Brandon and Theresa? I'm sure it had to come up and some point during  the initial interview.

It was a white baby. If Catelynn was honest about her drug abuse (which I doubt), B&T would have still adopted the child.  If they didn't want it, Bethany has thousands of other families that would walk through glass for a white baby. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, leighroda said:

So I'll be honest, I have never smoked marijuana... so I really don't know how it affects thought processes, so please don't attack me for what I'm about to say because I am not saying 100% that marijuana has any part in this... but either she is just ridiculously stupid/careless/naive thinking it's not a big deal to post a nude picture of a child and would have done it anyway, or the marijuana (or any other substance for that matter) has clouded her judgement enough to not see an issue with posting that. 

As a pot user (not C&T level, but like once a week on the weekends) and a parent of two, I can state unequivocally that I've never been stoned (again I'm 41, so I'm not trying to get all Burning Man, I'm just trying to make streaming Bob Ross episodes even more relaxing) and decided to post a picture of my naked child on the internet. To me, naked kid pictures are no longer funny or cute once they can walk. Every parent takes that naked picture of the kid in the bathtub when they're at the height of their adorableness, when they can sit up but not walk, but it's not something you post on the internet. This had nothing to do with pot and everything to do with (a) naivete about who's potentially looking at your feed and (b) wanting to make sure you maintain a social media presence in some way. 

• Love 6

Snapchat deletes direct snaps after you view them, and stories I think are good only for 24 hours. But if her Snapchat is public, I'm sure there's a way for creeps to save the image of Nova she put up. Very disturbing. I have FB, SC, and IG. I share pictures of my kids. But I have VERY private accounts and only like 20 friends on them - who, by the by, are real friends, and family. And I'm very considerate about what I share. My kids are 5, 6, and 8. If they do something I'm proud of, I share. Or a cute picture of them all together. But I don't share things I think they might be embarrassed about now or in the future. Just because *I* think it's cute, it doesn't mean they do. Children aren't property, and it bothers me when parents don't even consider the ramifications of all these kiddie pictures they put all over the internet. 

I have no idea if Cate was stoned when she did it, but I don't think she'd have to be. She and Ty have made many poor judgement calls regarding that kid. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, leighroda said:

So I just saw something on tumbler... apparently Cate shared a snap (snapchat) of  Nova completely naked unedited in the shower... I saw a screenshot, but I don't feel comfortable sharing it anymore than it has already been shared, I know other people probably have and will, but it's a picture that I hope does get deleted before it gets distributed too much, it's not her sitting in the bath tub with a cute little sticker or something covering her, the child is literally standing and nothing is left to the imagination, it's a little blurred from the glass of the shower but not really.  

It just alarms me on so many levels, with their level of notoriety it's not an anonymous picture (not that it makes it ok even if it is)... even without having to worried about perverts and creepers, that picture will forever be on the internet now, Nova is going to grow up and now likely be confronted with this picture later in life.  I'm sure most of us had bath pictures so I'm not saying taking them is really a huge deal, but most of us have some semblance of control over who sees them, not for millions of people over the Internet.

I have to agree with the others in that I don't believe her marijuana use led to that decision. I think they just make poor choices as we have seen in the past. But Leighroda, it is certainly a legitimate question to ask given your inexperience with it :)

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Snapchat deletes direct snaps after you view them, and stories I think are good only for 24 hours. But if her Snapchat is public, I'm sure there's a way for creeps to save the image of Nova she put up. Very disturbing. I have FB, SC, and IG. I share pictures of my kids. But I have VERY private accounts and only like 20 friends on them - who, by the by, are real friends, and family. And I'm very considerate about what I share. My kids are 5, 6, and 8. If they do something I'm proud of, I share. Or a cute picture of them all together. But I don't share things I think they might be embarrassed about now or in the future. Just because *I* think it's cute, it doesn't mean they do. Children aren't property, and it bothers me when parents don't even consider the ramifications of all these kiddie pictures they put all over the internet. 

I have no idea if Cate was stoned when she did it, but I don't think she'd have to be. She and Ty have made many poor judgement calls regarding that kid. 

Within my field I have a fairly high profile. Not "famous" by any means but in some circles my name means something. I do have a somewhat of a public image and my kids are a big part of that. (They've appeared in public with me at various times, my 9 year old and I have a podcast we do together, and random strangers DO know them by name.) However, as open book (ha ha, no pun intended) and public as things may appear I am still VERY cautious about what I share. Nothing embarrassing, no bathing suit or revealing photos, nothing about where the kids are going to be, nothing about THEIR personal lives or their friends, etc. There is a way to do it while still having a private life and pulling on the reins. What I have learned is that a little bit goes a long way and the idea is to give the audience the illusion that they're seeing and getting more than they are. They don't need a play by play of ever little moment, revealing or embarrassing stories and pictures, etc. Over the years we've learned how to produce a public image while still keeping a VERY private life that very few people actually see. These guys don't know how to do that. Tyler actually thinks the whole world wants to know every thought that runs through his head and, worse, that everyone NEEDS to know. That has now extended beyond to Nova and I worry about her. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree, I don't have any idea if they were stoned or not, my point is just that it is hardly an advertisement of their responsibility, and since they seem to be so proud of their status as card carriers, and bragging they do smoke frequently, in my mind it does come up as a potential factor. 

As far as snapchat is concerned, all one has to do is take a screenshot, that's how I saw it, I don't use snapchat, but someone had posted a screen shot (so clearly its already making the rounds) on another social media... except they had the decency to edit the picture a little and cover her. Catelynns account is public... snapchat notifies you when someone takes a screenshot, but at this point even if they knew who took one it's been posted and circulated enough that it doesn't necessarily matter, it's out there.

Im really not one to clutch my pearls, but especially lately there have been so many stories of sexual abuse in toddlers and babies, I just don't understand how anyone can put their child out like this.  On top of everything Tyler has the audacity to question Brandon and Teresa's decision not to let them share pictures of Carly on social media... and this sort of thing proves exactly why.  Not that I think there was ever a chance in hell Brandon and Teresa would allow Carly to have an overnight with Cate and Tyler, but I think it's safe to say that this has sealed that fate closed.

I saw on Reddit that the pic is still up 12 hours later despite tons of people telling her to take it down.  What is wrong with her???

okay now I'm reading that she has a new snapchat calling people retards and retarded while April gives the middle finger in the background.  Lovely!!!

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 3

Check out Catelynn's current snap (her response to shower pics).  She's so trashy.

From Reddit:

Her latest Snapchat features her saying "so, to the retard who reported my video of my daughter dancing and singing in the shower, you're retarded." April is in the background giving the middle finger to the camera. The tone of voice and language she uses seem really unlike the Cate we usually see. I can't believe she thinks that video was okay to post on the internet!

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I saw on Reddit that the pic is still up 12 hours later despite tons of people telling her to take it down.  What is wrong with her???

okay now I'm reading that she has a new snapchat calling people retards and retarded while April gives the middle finger in the background.  Lovely!!!

Wow. To think I had a soft spot for her once because I felt so sorry for her and like she was the only really nice person on this show.

I've never been one to be alarmed about pictures of kids on social media- I'm far more concerned about the pedos I might unknowingly be sharing space with at Target or the grocery store while out with my kids- but the picture described sounds very inappropriate, and her response to genuine concern is just so low class.

B&T probably look at their daughter and do a full body shudder at what her life could have been. I generally think the TM kids are better off than the TM2 kids (excepting Aubree) but I do worry about Nova now.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I've never been one to be alarmed about pictures of kids on social media- I'm far more concerned about the pedos I might unknowingly be sharing space with at Target or the grocery store while out with my kids- but the picture described sounds very inappropriate, and her response to genuine concern is just so low class.

That isn't anything I've ever been really worried about it. I refuse to live in fear of what other people are going to do with what I send out into the world. However, where revealing shots of my kids are concerned, I draw a line. (To be honest, I am less afraid of pedophiles seeing the photos than I am of other parents who might report me for a simple bathing suit shot. To me, THOSE are the real scary people.) When it comes to naked toddlers and older children, though, I just don't think it's wise to make the photos publicly available. You're going to cause a ruckus if you're a public figure, you're giving people a lot of bait, it's potentially embarrassing for the kid on down the road, AND you're not exactly being subtle. At least try not to make it easy for the folks who have ulterior motives. Besides, this isn't making a strong case for asking B&T to loosen up on the Carly/social media issue. "Here's a naked video of our daughter in the shower! Now, can we post some of yours?"

• Love 5