Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, poopchute said:

How many parents would give anything to be able to stay home with their kids?  They are so lucky to not have to work right now (although they should be doing something to plan for the future, but they're not, so whatever).  Most parents would take this opportunity and spend every moment creating happy memories with their family.  DO STUFF!!! They have money and time.  How many people wish they had that??!  I'm on maternity leave now and so sad it is ending.  I am savoring every day.  How amazing would it be to never have to go back to work??! I certainly wouldn't be sitting around my house all day complaining about being bored.

Exactly.

You know when was the last time I uttered the words "I am bored"? It was before I became a parent.

I now want to read the book Nova would write, if she could. :-) The title? I am Bored.

Other titles:

How to Survive on a Diet of Carpet Shag

4 Cars But Nowhere to Go

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
On 10/9/2016 at 1:18 PM, GreatKazu said:

Someone should ask her how she expected her life to be after getting married. Did she expect life to entertain her or for her to be extremely busy? Cate was crying in one episode last season to Tyler and telling him how things change for people after they get married, but for her it didn't. Say what??? What changes is she referring to? Did she except to magically feel better about herself? Did she expect her insecurities about Tyler cheating on her would go away? Cate makes it sound as if marriage was supposed to be this quick fix. Having Nova was also just another quick fix for Catelynn. Tyler himself also mentioned how having Nova has not turned out the way he imagined. He says that several episodes after saying how he and Cate are thinking of having another baby. He flip-flops. He, like Cate, is impulsive. They do things on a whim because it sounds good. He wants kids, she wants pigs. She already has one big pig in her life.

Unfortunately I know many people who think like this. Getting married is somehow supposed to make things a fairy tale. Nope, if your life was empty before it'll be empty after, just with more work and bills.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Unfortunately I know many people who think like this. Getting married is somehow supposed to make things a fairy tale. Nope, if your life was empty before it'll be empty after, just with more work and bills.

As I sit here looking at the pile of dishes my husband is going to ignore after I prepared a fabulous Sunday dinner, all I can add to this is

Word.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Happy Anniversary!!  (??) If it's the same as over here, how happy depends on the day.

Ha - that it does! I'm actually traveling for work so am "celebrating" in a large hotel room with Goldfish crackers and so many cable channels. Best anniversary ever! (We celebrated yesterday)

Topic - yeah, it's just another sign of Cate's immaturity that she thought getting married would solve all their problems. 

Another suggestion for Nova's book title - Not Carly

• Love 3
1 minute ago, monicageller said:

@Tatum I would like to pre-order 10,000 copies. In addition to keeping some for myself and to gift to friends and family, I need to donate copies to local libraries and schools so the word of the great Schmyler can be heard by all.

The book will be so meaningful and inspiring (barf) that he'll take a page from L. Ron Hubbard's playbook and start a cult based on his scifi writing.

I'm a Schmylertologist Level OT-III --- the bong can smoke itself.

• Love 6
Just now, CofCinci said:

The book will be so meaningful and inspiring (barf) that he'll take a page from L. Ron Hubbard's playbook and start a cult based on his scifi writing.

I'm a Schmylertologist Level OT-III --- the bong can smoke itself.

He already has the beginnings of his cult, with his Twitter minions who fall all over themselves to compliment him about how great of a husband and father he is, how good looking he is, how talented he is, how he has such great taste in hats, etc. It'd be funny if it weren't disturbing.

• Love 7

Why do I have to see so much of Tyler? Every segment is Tyler talking shit. Is he the Teen Mom now? When do I see some scenes of Catelynn talking about what a piece of shit Tyler is? 

I could give a shit what he thinks about anything.

I've never been to copy room therapy so help me w how it works. Can my husband go to MY therapist and go over all of the things that are wrong with me? I don't line this Kathleen woman.  Can Kinko's revoke her license? Surely there's another copy room in their state that offers counseling in the back.

And who goes to therapy in a wife beater? You have no body Tyler. Put a fucking shirt on.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Ha - that it does! I'm actually traveling for work so am "celebrating" in a large hotel room with Goldfish crackers and so many cable channels. Best anniversary ever! (We celebrated yesterday)

Another suggestion for Nova's book title - Not Carly

Happy Anniversary! 

Your book title made me think of that Nickelodeon tv show "iCarly".  How about "iNot Carly"? 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Exactly.

You know when was the last time I uttered the words "I am bored"? It was before I became a parent.

I now want to read the book Nova would write, if she could. :-) The title? I am Bored.

Other titles:

4 Cars But Nowhere to Go

I would read those books!

Okay, I admit it, I have been known to get bored. However, it's not for lack of things to do, but lack of motivation to actually do them. THAT is what Cate needs to be working on-her motivation. I wonder how much of it is due to her depression and how much is just HER. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I would read those books!

Okay, I admit it, I have been known to get bored. However, it's not for lack of things to do, but lack of motivation to actually do them. THAT is what Cate needs to be working on-her motivation. I wonder how much of it is due to her depression and how much is just HER. 

Definitely it is lack of motivation. It is also her doing. She refuses to do aftercare. Most likely because they will frown at her pot use and drinking. She wants to hear that it is ok to smoke and she is trying to convince people it is for her benefit.

• Love 2

I'm single, no kids and I only get bored in snowstorms when I might be indoors for more than twenty-four hours. Why? I have a job! And when I'm not working I have hobbies! I'm learning to draw, I read, I do crosswords, I binge watch shows on Netflix, I hang out with friends, I participate on forums. There are a million things Cate can do if she really wants to do something.

But I don't think she does.

I too deal with depression and anxiety and I don't buy for one minute that Catelynn's anxiety is quelled by smoking. I also smoked pot and drank for many years despite my psychiatrist telling me not to because it worked against my medication. (Dr. Drew was dead on.) For short-term relief pot would relieve my symptoms, but waking up with anxiety was defintely a result of continued use. Once I stopped smoking and curbed the alcohol, my overall anxiety dissipated. Catelynn never let herself get to this point at home before she was back to her old habits. Christ, Tyler might as well have sat in front of her with a joint and a cheeseburger for all the support he gives her. She'll never have a chance as long as he is seen as the good one? The go-getter? The active one? Seriously, where do he and Kim get off when he's not accomplishing anything more than she is?  Good for him that he just happens not be depressed? That's somehow better?

Catelynn could also look into taking classes online if she's not ready to leave her house. That's not a putdown, I fully understand how stifled she must feel with everyone looking at her like she's The Problem. Like all of you, I want to see her do SOMETHING with her MTV money before she's tossed aside, which I feel will be sooner than later. 

• Love 9

Tyler just makes my teeth itch. I've never felt so stabby towards a person I've never met.

Tyler wasn't calling from the office to bitch about Catelynn doing nothing. He wasn't at the gym.  He wasn't even calling from the house he's rehabbing (yeah right). He's sitting on the chair RIGHT NEXT TO HER!! I guess he's better at life because he was upright? Give me a fucking break.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Meatball said:

I'm single, no kids and I only get bored in snowstorms when I might be indoors for more than twenty-four hours. Why? I have a job! And when I'm not working I have hobbies! I'm learning to draw, I read, I do crosswords, I binge watch shows on Netflix, I hang out with friends, I participate on forums. There are a million things Cate can do if she really wants to do something.

But I don't think she does.

I too deal with depression and anxiety and I don't buy for one minute that Catelynn's anxiety is quelled by smoking. I also smoked pot and drank for many years despite my psychiatrist telling me not to because it worked against my medication. (Dr. Drew was dead on.) For short-term relief pot would relieve my symptoms, but waking up with anxiety was defintely a result of continued use. Once I stopped smoking and curbed the alcohol, my overall anxiety dissipated. Catelynn never let herself get to this point at home before she was back to her old habits. Christ, Tyler might as well have sat in front of her with a joint and a cheeseburger for all the support he gives her. She'll never have a chance as long as he is seen as the good one? The go-getter? The active one? Seriously, where do he and Kim get off when he's not accomplishing anything more than she is?  Good for him that he just happens not be depressed? That's somehow better?

Catelynn could also look into taking classes online if she's not ready to leave her house. That's not a putdown, I fully understand how stifled she must feel with everyone looking at her like she's The Problem. Like all of you, I want to see her do SOMETHING with her MTV money before she's tossed aside, which I feel will be sooner than later. 

Your name always makes me crave a meatball sub. I do keto and eat with limited carbs - stahp it! ?

Lol. 

I haven't watched the episode yet, I mainly watch vicariously through you guys. I don't need to watch in order to add my little part.

STFU TYLER!

I will watch when I finish work and add my own 2 cents.

• Love 3

If Tyler truly cared about Cate he would leave her now..he is so unhappy with her..yes..she will fall apart but she would be able to get excellent help now while she still has money in the bank....he can see that she is taken care of and in a good place without him ..by staying he proves he is in it for the money...and deep down she knows this.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

If Tyler truly cared about Cate he would leave her now..he is so unhappy with her..yes..she will fall apart but she would be able to get excellent help now while she still has money in the bank....he can see that she is taken care of and in a good place without him ..by staying he proves he is in it for the money...and deep down she knows this.

Tsk.  You know that would mess up his brand. He would die if his follower numbers fell off.  Sticking with Cate is his brand.  Being America's Bestest Husband EVAH is his job. At best, I would hope he'd move to a separate dwelling and show up for filming.  I would bet a shiny quarter they already sleep in different bedrooms.

I had hoped by now Cate would have realized Tyler does not mean her well. He's in it for the fans and the money.  It seems to be getting harder for him to hold up the façade and he cant help showing her how he really feels about her.  He doesn't like her.  He is sure he belongs with Demi Lovato or someone of that caliber.   She has let all of the praise he gets beat her down and she's sure he is the only man that will ever love her. Even though he doesn't.  Not in the way she wants.  He won't ever love her the way she wants/needs.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Tsk.  You know that would mess up his brand. He would die if his follower numbers fell off.  Sticking with Cate is his brand.  Being America's Bestest Husband EVAH is his job. At best, I would hope he'd move to a separate dwelling and show up for filming.  I would bet a shiny quarter they already sleep in different bedrooms.

Didn't Tyler get a lot of flak from his "fans" for breaking off the engagement with Catelynn? When they were on Couples Therapy he told her straight up he didn't want to marry her and admitted he wishes he had broken things off with her sooner. I seem to remember articles that were linked here that showed his fans being upset with him. Even now, he gets flak from people on his social media pages and look how he reacts. He just cannot tolerate anyone daring to tell him that he is wrong or, at the very least, not understanding of what his wife is going through.  He won't dare to leave Cate. He won't mind though if she leaves him. I think Tyler's plan is to continue to point out Cate's faults, problems, her lack of caring about herself, and people may look upon him the way some people are looking at Ryan's dad right now.

Tyler was quick to take the copy room therapist's advice, wasn't he?  She told him that he doesn't need to point out what Cate needs to do, but he can let her know that he will be setting boundaries as to what he is willing to tolerate. That sounded like AA/Al-Anon advice. I bet Tyler ran home and told himself the minute he sees Cate lying on the couch, he was going to rattle off this new-found advice. Shame he doesn't listen to the other advice he has been given.

• Love 6

Not that I think Cate and Tyler's therapist is the best or very helpful, because she isn't, but I don't blame Tyler for going to get advice about what he can say to Cate.  He was apparently told by the center she went to that he can't really say anything, so I took it that he was trying to find out what he could say to her from another source as it doesn't make sense to have a relationship with someone that you can't speak to about what is going on in their lives.  I would probably want to do something similar to better understand what should or should not be said.  And if I had to live with rules that basically allowed me no voice....because obviously that won't work either.  

I was on Cate's side, as I know she is struggling, but she really isn't doing anything to make this work for any of them right now.  It isn't an option to just lay on the couch every day.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, alexa said:

Not that I think Cate and Tyler's therapist is the best or very helpful, because she isn't, but I don't blame Tyler for going to get advice about what he can say to Cate.  He was apparently told by the center she went to that he can't really say anything, so I took it that he was trying to find out what he could say to her from another source as it doesn't make sense to have a relationship with someone that you can't speak to about what is going on in their lives.  I would probably want to do something similar to better understand what should or should not be said.  And if I had to live with rules that basically allowed me no voice....because obviously that won't work either.  

I was on Cate's side, as I know she is struggling, but she really isn't doing anything to make this work for any of them right now.  It isn't an option to just lay on the couch every day.

Fully agree.

I just can't with either of these two.

My issue with Tyler is, he has been wanting out of the marriage. He just can't bear to be the one to call it quits. He wants to use Cate's issues as his reason. He clearly is not a supporting spouse. He clearly couldn't care less about her well-being. His first question to her when she left rehab was, what is she going to do when he and their friends begin smoking pot around her?

I agree that a spouse should not be kept quiet about the things that are happening in the marriage, particularly an addiction issue. But there is a way to go about it. The way Tyler handles it is to pounce on Cate every chance he gets. He gets on her ass for everything. He calls her names. He puts all the blame on her. What about his own issues? What part does he play in this toxic marriage. I don't see him asking about what it is he can do to be a better husband. I don't see him asking how he can work on his own issues. I have mentioned before I think Tyler may have ADHD.  Marriage is a unity and it takes both partners to work hard to make it work. I just don't believe Tyler is in this marriage for the long haul. At the first sign of major trouble, he wants to bail. I guess it is just a sign that he never wanted to marry Cate. Well then asshole, you shouldn't have asked her to marry you!

On to Cate. She is an adult. She knows what she should be doing as far as aftercare treatment. She is not fulfilling her end. She needs to know that her decisions affect the marriage. If that means her spouse lays out a condition that she either continues with her aftercare or he is done, then so be it. She can just stop with the crocodile tears. She pulled that when Tyler told her on Couples Therapy on vh1 that he wasn't sure he wanted to marry her. I might be alone in this, but I think she pulls out the tears in order to keep Tyler around.

• Love 7

I agree GreatKazu...she conveniently cries and says, "my mental illness ruins everything"!  I get that it is difficult, but if you know you have a mental illness, then you have to do the things you can to treat it...not just use it as an excuse and make the other person feel bad due

I also agree that Tyler does not discuss the issues well...no doubt about that.

• Love 2

I agree @GreatKazu (as I usually do with you) I think this whether or not Tyler can speak about Cates issues thing isn't black and white, all or nothing like it has become.  I think the only way Cate is going to change is with someone pushing her, she has shown that she has no motivation to do it herself, which is OK, it's hard to feel any motivation when you are depressed. Nobody likes to be pushed so it's definitely going to be hard but I think it's necessary in this case. 

However, I also see the need for boundaries in this relationship, and why that boundary would be in place for Tyler because he constantly harps on her issues. I think he is truly delusional enough to think he is completely innocent, and Cates issues are the problem. 

Cates issues can and should be addressed by Tyler. but in a way that isn't constant berating, and maybe isn't broadcast world wide where others can join the bashing bandwagon... But they'll never give that up sooooo...

My last 2 points are probably unpopular opinions but I'm gonna state them. I don't like when Cate says "my mental health ruins everything" I see it as manipulative. I get where she is coming from, and that is likely how she truly feels, but when you drop that in a conversation it pretty much shuts down any honest conversation. Once that is said everyone else pretty much had to go in to coddle cate mode, because nobody (except maybe Tyler) wants to see her take all the blame, so they have to stop whatever was being talked about to take care of Cate. It's ok to say it and even feel that way, but it's not fair to drop it everytime a conversation isn't going your way.

Lastly, while I'm sure there are exceptions as there are to any rule, so take this with a grain of salt, but I don't know that I have ever heard of a successful relationship that has postponed a wedding for anything other than logistical issues, or something that is actually dealt with. Maybe that's a pretty extreme assumption, but I'm seriously thinking and can't think of one. I also don't see simply stating married as a measure of success, they can stay married until they die and come back and die again, but that doesn't mean it was successful. To be successful both partners need to feel love, understood and trusted (or whatever is necessary in that relationship). I hate saying it was doomed from the start, but I honestly feel the damage they have already sustained is unrepairable, and I wish they could have recognized that and ended amicably a long time ago.

• Love 7

@leighroda

My last 2 points are probably unpopular opinions but I'm gonna state them. I don't like when Cate says "my mental health ruins everything" I see it as manipulative. I get where she is coming from, and that is likely how she truly feels, but when you drop that in a conversation it pretty much shuts down any honest conversation. Once that is said everyone else pretty much had to go in to coddle cate mode, because nobody (except maybe Tyler) wants to see her take all the blame, so they have to stop whatever was being talked about to take care of Cate. It's ok to say it and even feel that way, but it's not fair to drop it everytime a conversation isn't going your way.

Word!

I don't see them as unpopular opinions. There are people who truly are affected by depression. But, there are also those who use it to be manipulative, as you pointed out, and there are those who fight it every single day and genuinely want to be healthy. Cate has used it to manipulate Tyler to stay with her. It has also given her an excuse to be at home and not go out and get a life. She used the SAHM shtick as her excuse to not go to college or seek work. Now, she is using her depression as her crutch and as a weapon of guilt. She reminds me of the people on the 600 pound show. They are so accustomed to having everyone around them bow down to them and take care of them. When their loved ones point out to them how they need to eat healthy and lose weight or they will die, the person then turns on the water works and cry about how everyone is so mean to them a la Jenelle Evans.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

As I sit here looking at the pile of dishes my husband is going to ignore after I prepared a fabulous Sunday dinner, all I can add to this is

Word.

LOL. Yep! The difference between the empty salsa jars on the desk and dirty socks on the floor 17 years ago and now, is that since getting married I am just legally bound to those empty salsa jars on the desk and dirty socks on the floor. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AhFillAck said:

LOL. Yep! The difference between the empty salsa jars on the desk and dirty socks on the floor 17 years ago and now, is that since getting married I am just legally bound to those empty salsa jars on the desk and dirty socks on the floor. 

...and despite the fact that we have a walk-in closet, Mister prefers to keep his clean laundry in baskets in the bedroom.

Edited by teapot
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@leighroda

Word!

I don't see them as unpopular opinions. There are people who truly are affected by depression. But, there are also those who use it to be manipulative, as you pointed out, and there are those who fight it every single day and genuinely want to be healthy. Cate has used it to manipulate Tyler to stay with her. It has also given her an excuse to be at home and not go out and get a life. She used the SAHM shtick as her excuse to not go to college or seek work. Now, she is using her depression as her crutch and as a weapon of guilt. She reminds me of the people on the 600 pound show. They are so accustomed to having everyone around them bow down to them and take care of them. When their loved ones point out to them how they need to eat healthy and lose weight or they will die, the person then turns on the water works and cry about how everyone is so mean to them a la Jenelle Evans.

Agreed. I was hesitant to comment on her "my mental illness ruins everything" because I do think there are people suffering from mental illness who feel the way she is describing. But to me it seems like someone along the way to her that "depression is a mental illness" and she clings to that as if that means there is nothing she can do about it. And I don't mean that you can just get over being depressed, I know that's not how it works.  But it takes WORK to deal with depression and she's not putting it in.  Because she's depressed, I get it.  But she seems to want to shift everything to the "mental illness" part like there is nothing she could possibly do to make her situation even a little better.  She even was quick to respond something about how she will always have panic attacks when he clearly wasn't referring to that but I think she wants to throw that out there because that's something you can't control.  

• Love 3

I hate that Tyler makes Cate's depression all about him. I get that it does effect him, but maybe she'd be more receptive if he couched his comments in terms of care for her (& Nova). Like instead of basically saying if she doesn't get over her depression that he'll get angry, resentful, and she'll force him to be mean and leave her (which is basically what I heard when he confronted her when she was on the couch), he could say that he loves her and doesn't want to see the person he loves be so unhappy. Maybe say he wants his daughter to have a present, happy mom/That he wants his wife to be able to enjoy spending time with their daughter, etc. Make it a little less about Tyler and more about Catelynn.

That said, I don't think he'll do that because at this point I don't think he likes Catelynn. Depressed or not, I think he feels resentment for being tied to her if he wants to keep up his image/TM money. He'd love to go live a single life as a reality star with all those chicks who fawn over him on social media, but he knows leaving Catelynn would cut down on his MTV screen time/TM money/perception that he's the perfect husband. He is basically forcing Catelyn to divorce him so he can have a way out without looking like the bad guy. 

Also, Tyler, don't ever wear a tank top to therapy when filmed. You looked bloated (even your arms) and so un-muscular. And it made your head look like a pinhead. Maybe you should go lift some weights, cut back on the pot, and stop eating trash. (I really wouldn't criticize him if it weren't for the fact that he criticizes Cate's appearance when he's obviously not the picture of health himself.)

• Love 9

I wonder what Tyler was actually told by the center about "talking to Cate." We've seen how Tyler interpreted Teresa's request not to talk about Carly on the show; I think that he was told something slightly different by the Center and has interpreted it in the most passive aggressive way possible (see: repeating that he's not "allowed" to say anything aboutCate).

Cate doesn't get a totally pass from me either. She needs to do the work to get better. Maybe she's refusing to really make the changes as a way to stick it to Tyler. I've been in the death throes of a significant relationship and the petty shit that we both did rather than just pulling the plug is still embarrassing many years later, so I can get where Cate is coming from. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
Spelling is my nemesis
  • Love 3

MTV recently aired an old episode. Catelynn and Tyler were checking out apartments together because Catelynn had to move out.  Kim and Tyler's sister were whining to each other about how clingy Catelynn is. Then it jumped to C&T driving to Kim's house. Tyler's sister and mother both sat the teens down and tried to persuade Tyler to not move in with Catelynn, all while Cate sat next to Tyler.

For some reason, I thought Kim was insensitive to Catelynn only recently. The family has resented her since day 1. Catelynn was peppy and playful with Tyler when they were this age. Family influence can play in a big role in a person's perceptions.  Butch is the only person who seems to like Catelynn, or at least stay neutral about her. 

Edited by iheartla
  • Love 6

My take on Tyler going to Dr Copyroom that he was to seek validation from someone to continue his emotional abuse of Catelynn. Every time I hear him declare "I'm not allowed to say anything to Catelynn" (and he says it every chance he gets) I can tell how much it bothers him that someone dare suggest that he keep his mouth shut for once. He wants that permission as kind of an FU to everyone even if it's from someone who is obviously not properly educated in mental health/psychiatric matters. Do I think Catelynn uses her diagnosis as an excuse not to do anything? Absoloutely! Is she likely to change? I doubt it because as long as she makes no move to drastically change her situation nothing will get better. Catelynn is the 'sick' one in this relationship and it works for her.

• Love 11
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:20 PM, GreatKazu said:

Exactly.

Other titles:

4 Cars But Nowhere to Go

Seriously, I am never bored. Even besides the kids, there are simply 46,820 things to keep me busy, and I can find enjoyment in the mundane, because that is necessary. Even if I happened to be in an empty room, my cluttered brain that goes a thousand MPH in every direction at once keeps me from boredom at that moment.

"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do." -Walt Disney. I have never seen any of these people be curious about ANYTHING, other than how many likes their latest shit-for-brains post has acquired.

Nova's book would be "I am Board." Please keep in mind her lack of intellectually-robust lineage.

Edited by AhFillAck
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

@leighroda

Word!

Bingo!  You can catch a quick glimpse of manipulative Catelynn in the clip for next week where she tells Tyler that she "tried bawling" in order to get into the psychiatrist appointment.  If she's meeting with the psychiatrist for an hour appointment, it's most likely a new client intake/assessment and the psychiatrists needs every single minute of that hour (really 50 minutes).  New clients wait months for these appointments (wait list is 3-4 months typically).  When Catelynn tells Tyler that she was "like 18 minutes late", I bet you that she was closer to 30 minutes late than 20 minutes.  Then she puts her hand above her eyes and tries to make the water works flow but it doesn't look like it's working.  What else does she have going on in her life that she couldn't present to the appointment on time?  When she enters the house, her face looks like she's back to visiting Boogietown.  I was always in the "Catelynn needs to leave Tyler" column, but I'm starting to see how Tyler is so over this shit.  He wants to discuss the missed appointment and she's going "Carly, Carly, Carly".

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/ogtu7n/teen-mom-sneak-peek-catelynn-misses-a-big-appointment

Bonus --- Nova is so fucking tired of living with the ghost of Carly.

• Love 3

Many doctors have policies regarding being late to appointments. In my experience, 15 minutes = a cancelled appointment. So, if it was "like 18" for Cate, cancelled !!

Also, my primary has a sign posted that states absolutely no cell phones are to be used while waiting. Cate would be out of my doctor's waiting room in a flash.

• Love 3

Ugh, that sneak peek. Thanks @CofCinci.

Cate shows more attention to a photo of Carly than she does to the child in her arms.

Cate is late to her appointment. An appointment that she put off making in the latest episode. It doesn't take much to figure out she is not wanting to do the aftercare. She probably drove around somewhere and got lit after leaving the office. She didn't go to rehab because she wanted help. She went because someone told her to go or else. We know in real time Cate and Tyler are smoking weed and blowing off the idea that Cate doesn't need meds. They are so damn happy ya'll. Just like Leah Messer. #weedcard #nolife #TMoney

• Love 1

@poopchute yeah that why I made it clear it might be a unpopular opinion, I was a little afraid of being attacked for having a harsh opinion related to depression. The thing is, I have depression, bad enough that I'm being evaluated to do a newer treatment involving magnets called MTS for people who find their depression is resistant to medication. So I get a little outrageously mad when someone who can be treated with medication, pisses it away or chooses to voluntarily do something that alters the medications effectiveness. It also makes me want to kick Cates butt because she is given an inch but takes a mile, she spent the time, money, and energy on the treatment to not follow the plan they gave her. She was given a marijuana card, so she acts like that gives her licensed to be stoned 24/7. Tyler harped on her, so her treatment team (apparently) asked him to tone it down, now nobody can hold her accountable for anything .

That was an extremely important appt she missed, I don't know the reason, so if it was a valid reason I'll eat crow.", but neither of them have jobs, it seems like there is a plethora of babysitters, she had plenty of time to make arrangements to get there, check traffic times, leave extra time... 18 minutes is a significant time to be late, I know her appt was an hour, but those appts are highly sought after, with people waiting months for one, and even if it wasn't given to another new evaluation that's 3-4 regular appts (generally speaking psych appts run 15-20 minutes) I just get so mad when people treat appts like that so callously. Sure things come up and it's unavoidable, it happens to all of us, but for some reason it would surprise me if this was the case, it seems more likely Cate could t find the zebra hoodie.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, leighroda said:

@poopchute yeah that why I made it clear it might be a unpopular opinion, I was a little afraid of being attacked for having a harsh opinion related to depression. The thing is, I have depression, bad enough that I'm being evaluated to do a newer treatment involving magnets called MTS for people who find their depression is resistant to medication. So I get a little outrageously mad when someone who can be treated with medication, pisses it away or chooses to voluntarily do something that alters the medications effectiveness. It also makes me want to kick Cates butt because she is given an inch but takes a mile, she spent the time, money, and energy on the treatment to not follow the plan they gave her. She was given a marijuana card, so she acts like that gives her licensed to be stoned 24/7. Tyler harped on her, so her treatment team (apparently) asked him to tone it down, now nobody can hold her accountable for anything .

That was an extremely important appt she missed, I don't know the reason, so if it was a valid reason I'll eat crow.", but neither of them have jobs, it seems like there is a plethora of babysitters, she had plenty of time to make arrangements to get there, check traffic times, leave extra time... 18 minutes is a significant time to be late, I know her appt was an hour, but those appts are highly sought after, with people waiting months for one, and even if it wasn't given to another new evaluation that's 3-4 regular appts (generally speaking psych appts run 15-20 minutes) I just get so mad when people treat appts like that so callously. Sure things come up and it's unavoidable, it happens to all of us, but for some reason it would surprise me if this was the case, it seems more likely Cate could t find the zebra hoodie.

This.

4 hours ago, poopchute said:

Agreed. I was hesitant to comment on her "my mental illness ruins everything" because I do think there are people suffering from mental illness who feel the way she is describing. But to me it seems like someone along the way to her that "depression is a mental illness" and she clings to that as if that means there is nothing she can do about it. And I don't mean that you can just get over being depressed, I know that's not how it works.  But it takes WORK to deal with depression and she's not putting it in.  Because she's depressed, I get it.  But she seems to want to shift everything to the "mental illness" part like there is nothing she could possibly do to make her situation even a little better.  She even was quick to respond something about how she will always have panic attacks when he clearly wasn't referring to that but I think she wants to throw that out there because that's something you can't control.  

And this.

Well put.

On some level Cate is just fucking with Tyler. Perhaps deservedly. From getting the pig, scratching his truck, and now missing the appt.  She seems to want to invite conflict with him. Maybe she wants him to really blow up at her so we can see this temper of his. She didn't have to tell him about the truck. After she missed the appt., she could have driven around for an hour and avoided the argument for while.  But she always seems to smirk at the camera knowing Tyler is going to be "pissed" at whatever new bomb she's going to drop on him.

I'm starting to wonder if she might be done with him as well. They're both trapped in this bullshit narrative of being Teen Moms favorite couple. They both seem powerless to get out of it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, poopchute said:

I wonder what time that appointment was.  She said she hit snooze.  Was it 8 am or noon?

Looked very bright outside and she complained about the heat. I doubt it was a morning appointment. Nova was still in pajamas but I wouldn't be surprised if she wore those all day. 

While Catelynn is glued to the couch, how are they searching for all those estranged family members that they want to help their fans find for the new series?  With Bluntman and Chronic on the scene, they ain't finding your deadbeat daddies any time soon. 

• Love 6