Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

What are their expenses now? Someone can be pulling in lots of money, but it is their spending habits that dictate how comfortable they will or won't be in the long run.

There is another item that should be on their list of expenses - therapy. Then, Cate mentioned wanting more babies.

Tyler also bought his sister her new set of tits. Will a part-time minimum wage job pay for the upkeep? Excuse me while I go LMAO.

I think April got new tits too.  Barf.

Their biggest expenses are taxes.  They're paying (if they pay their taxes) 30%.  I wouldn't be surprised if 20% of their income goes to drugs for themselves and their family.  Tyler ain't smoking no dirt weed.  Only the best over-priced shit for him.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I think April got new tits too.  Barf.

Their biggest expenses are taxes.  They're paying (if they pay their taxes) 30%.  I wouldn't be surprised if 20% of their income goes to drugs for themselves and their family.  Tyler ain't smoking no dirt weed.  Only the best over-priced shit for him.

No doubt. Nothing but the best for dough boy.

I forgot that Tyler has his Batman fetish. Anyone else remember that fairly expensive costume he was photographed wearing to go to some comic-con event. Who has money for that shit? Tyler does, that's who.

Then, there are the tattoos! Tyler's hideous Batman tattoos and Catelynn has to have tattoos as well. Cate got another one after rehab:

http://starcasm.net/archives/347796

Spare me with the idea that these two are not over-spenders.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3

I feel like whether or not they over-spend is irrelevant because I don't think they could support themselves even if they lived frugally. I just said this about Amber last week and it goes for pretty much all of the teen moms because they are all idiots but I just can't see how they are qualified for any job.  I don't think they could even handle the most basic jobs.  They have never worked and they are how old?  Catelyn had some job in a shop for a little bit I think, but is that their only work experience?  I can't even imagine what they say in an interview. "No I don't have any work experience.  No, I am not lacking in experience because I've been in school for years earning various degrees, I just haven't worked. Or gone to school. I have no skills. I graduated from high school eight years ago and haven't done anything productive since then."  

I know some people will argue that it's silly for them to work while they are making hundreds of thousands of dollars every year but I think at least part time work would be valuable to them.  They could develop a work history and some kind of marketable skill so when the show ends they can have some way to keep earning money.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I know some people will argue that it's silly for them to work while they are making hundreds of thousands of dollars every year but I think at least part time work would be valuable to them.  They could develop a work history and some kind of marketable skill so when the show ends they can have some way to keep earning money.

Right? No one is saying they have to work at McDonalds or Target for nine bucks an hour, doing something they hate, just to 'keep it real'. But there are a vast number of things they could have been doing over the last 6 years- school, volunteering, interning, etc- anything to get off that couch.  When I was 22, I worked at a job I absolutely despised, and there is no way I would have stayed there if I was making $200K a year as a reality show participant. But I can't imagine doing nothing in that time. What a depressing life is when the most productive thing you've done is taking a dump that day.

• Love 7

They had jobs at one point, didn't they? Tyler worked at some pizza place? Cate was working in a little boutique of some sort? Obviously those didn't last, of course. It IS harder to get even entry level jobs as you get older and spend many years with nothing on your resume. An employer is going to understand why an 18-year-old has little to nothing on their resume. If you're 30 and haven't work in 10 years....why? Oh, you were on a reality show, okay!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

They had jobs at one point, didn't they? Tyler worked at some pizza place? Cate was working in a little boutique of some sort? Obviously those didn't last, of course. It IS harder to get even entry level jobs as you get older and spend many years with nothing on your resume. An employer is going to understand why an 18-year-old has little to nothing on their resume. If you're 30 and haven't work in 10 years....why? Oh, you were on a reality show, okay!

Exactly.  Are they not thinking? Obviously they are not. Who do they think would hire them to do anything?  I would love for the MTV cameras to be there if either of them ever went to a job interview.

• Love 3

They were paid speakers for Bethany Baby Stealing Inc., so that is something they can put on their resume under "Social Working."

Don't assume they make $200,000 a season.  These girls weren't like the cast of 'Friends', who united to ensure a higher payday.  It was every momma for herself - running for lifeboats on The Titanic style.  MTV made it clear to them that there are scores of others who will take whatever figure is offered.  The highest paid are most likely Chelsea and Farrah, because they had adults with financial experience/business savvy negotiating for them.  All the others took what they could get.  Randylicious and Debra are famewhores, but they're were stable financially before the series began.  Debra can negotiate a better deal than Butch or April.  April would be satisified (in 2009) with Catelynn being paid in Marlboro Miles (are those still around?).  Also take into consideration that Tyler might demand a salary equivalent to Catelynn's (because it's his Carly Blanket too), which in response brings their salaries down in comparison to another mother-father pair, such as Amber and Gary.  I wouldn't be surprised if C&T make less than others in the franchise.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

They were paid speakers for Bethany Baby Stealing Inc., so that is something they can put on their resume under "Social Working."

Don't assume they make $200,000 a season.  These girls weren't like the cast of 'Friends', who united to ensure a higher payday.  It was every momma for herself - running for lifeboats on The Titanic style.  MTV made it clear to them that there are scores of others who will take whatever figure is offered.  The highest paid are most likely Chelsea and Farrah, because they had adults with financial experience/business savvy negotiating for them.  All the others took what they could get.  Randylicious and Debra are famewhores, but they're were stable financially before the series began.  Debra can negotiate a better deal than Butch or April.  April would be satisified (in 2009) with Catelynn being paid in Marlboro Miles (are those still around?).  Also take into consideration that Tyler might demand a salary equivalent to Catelynn's (because it's his Carly Blanket too), which in response brings their salaries down in comparison to another mother-father pair, such as Amber and Gary.  I wouldn't be surprised if C&T make less than others in the franchise.

That's possible, although then that's all the more reason to actually learn a trade and get some work experience.

Did they get paid for Couples Therapy?

34 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Exactly.  Are they not thinking? Obviously they are not. Who do they think would hire them to do anything?  I would love for the MTV cameras to be there if either of them ever went to a job interview.

I still remember that episode where Cate went through the motions of pretending she wanted a job. She called up some store to ask if they were hiring, and they said yes, and to bring in a resume and come in for an interview. Despite having advance notice that a resume was needed, Cate didn't have one, and didn't want to bother taking 20 min to google "Sample resumes" and slap something together, and instead just waltzed in and told the woman, yeah, I know you said bring in a resume, but I don't have one, so...

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Right? No one is saying they have to work at McDonalds or Target for nine bucks an hour, doing something they hate, just to 'keep it real'. But there are a vast number of things they could have been doing over the last 6 years- school, volunteering, interning, etc- anything to get off that couch.  When I was 22, I worked at a job I absolutely despised, and there is no way I would have stayed there if I was making $200K a year as a reality show participant. But I can't imagine doing nothing in that time. What a depressing life is when the most productive thing you've done is taking a dump that day.

I know. The only time I've ever come close to that was when I was seriously depressed, and even then I always worked full time and saw friends. Holy shit, what if you did that much nothing *on purpose?* 

5 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Yes, they were paid for "Couples Therapy"; however, it doesn't pay much. $15,000-$30,000 for the season. After taxes and fees, it's not worth it. 

Don't they only film for like 2 weeks though? 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I still remember that episode where Cate went through the motions of pretending she wanted a job. She called up some store to ask if they were hiring, and they said yes, and to bring in a resume and come in for an interview. Despite having advance notice that a resume was needed, Cate didn't have one, and didn't want to bother taking 20 min to google "Sample resumes" and slap something together, and instead just waltzed in and told the woman, yeah, I know you said bring in a resume, but I don't have one, so...

Great memory. I forgot about that job interview and her failing to show up with a resume.

1 hour ago, poopchute said:

I know the argument, and I totally agree with you there on the bolded part.

I feel like whether or not they over-spend is irrelevant because I don't think they could support themselves even if they lived frugally.

Well, the way they spend money doesn't help regardless of where the money comes from. I can see C&T spending a welfare check on frivolous items just because they didn't have to work to earn that money. Plus, I am sure they witnessed that kind of life when April and Butch were likely receiving aid. There is something about earning money that can make people appreciate it more and learn over time what is worthy to buy versus what is a luxury.  MTV money is handed to them for sitting on the couch. They "write" a book and get more money. They do speaking engagements where Tyler gets to interrupt Cate all the time and get paid. When things get tough, they head over to Vh1 and go on a faux therapy show. They then head over to The Doctors and yap it up over there.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

THIS is where I can't fault Farrah. I understand zero of her life decisions, but she HAS been working. She is taking advantage of whatever celebrity TM is providing her with and trying to build upon it. C&T, if it all came to a grinding halt tomorrow, would probably not have any idea what to do next. If they didn't want to be working "regular" jobs during this process then they could have at least started their own small business. Anything to have something to fall back on. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Tatum said:

Not sure, however, I do believe they are at least partially supporting a number of extended family members which does add up.

Well, so do day care costs if you've chosen not to spend much time with your child. At first it bothered me realizing how much they were spending on other family members, but then realized 24hr day care for most of the week would really add up. So I don't mind them helping to support the people who care for their child. (though the sister with the boob job... not cool)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, NikSac said:

Well, so do day care costs if you've chosen not to spend much time with your child. At first it bothered me realizing how much they were spending on other family members, but then realized 24hr day care for most of the week would really add up. So I don't mind them helping to support the people who care for their child. (though the sister with the boob job... not cool)

When our children were in daycare it was so that we could work, not because we were choosing not to spend much time with them. 

The biggest difference here is that I am guessing C&T would be keeping up their family members whether they were providing care for Nova or not. So I don't see a parallel there. 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

When our children were in daycare it was so that we could work, not because we were choosing not to spend much time with them. 

The biggest difference here is that I am guessing C&T would be keeping up their family members whether they were providing care for Nova or not. So I don't see a parallel there. 

Excellent!

C&T were providing for their family members way before Novacaine ever came along.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

True - and I'm so sorry, it didn't even occur to me how my post could sound until later. Having kids in daycare so one can work, help the kids learn social skills, etc.  or even just get a break sometimes makes complete sense to me, and it doesn't mean the parents don't want to spend time with the kids.

What I was getting at with Tyler and Cate is that they choose not to take care of her most of the time, so they need that nonstop available family to provide "daycare" (and overnight care, for that matter).  Daycare has lots of good, important uses, but Preferring to spend all day smoking pot and monitoring social media isn't (in my opinion) a good reason.  Again sorry if that came across wrong - I didn't mean to imply that daycare was a bad thing whatsoever.  For that matter Nova'd probably be better off in real daycare than bouncing around between family members who've already been pretty dysfunctional in the past.

And good point, they'd probably be paying money to their families for various things with or without them taking care of Nova anyway. Poor kid.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, NikSac said:

For that matter Nova'd probably be better off in real daycare than bouncing around between family members who've already been pretty dysfunctional in the pas

Nova should probably be in daycare or any kind of play groups to help her socialize with other children and see that there's a world outside the orange living room and Grandma April's liquor-bottle cluttered kitchen. The adults in charge of such groups would probably give her more stimulation than any of the so-called grown-ups in her life right now. 

• Love 9

In the one scene where Nova handed a toy to Tyler, I feel like you could tell he never plays with her.  It was so awkward, like he didn't even know how to respond. I think a lot fathers would be thrilled with the opportunity to spend all this time with their child, since he doesn't work, and with Catelyn away he has a rare opportunity to get some one on one alone time with his daughter, but he doesn't seem to enjoy spending time with her.  For someone who was so upset over the loss of their first child you would think he would be cherishing every moment instead of playing on his phone but he's a shitbag.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, poopchute said:

For someone who was so upset over the loss of their first child you would think he would be cherishing every moment instead of playing on his phone but he's a shitbag.

That's what gets to me about this whole thing. Tyler bitches and complains so much about missing out on Carly that he doesn't realize he's missing out on Nova. I don't doubt that Catelynn and Tyler will feel Carly's absence for the rest of their lives---that's just the nature of the beast---but that doesn't mean Ty should ignore Nova in favor of the child he placed. He and Cate have completely romanticized the notion of what parenting a child would've been like, and it's infecting their relationship with the child they're raising. Carly has her own family. Let her enjoy her life and hope that she'll want a relationship someday. That's really the only thing Cate and Ty can do at this point. 

• Love 10
On 9/20/2016 at 2:30 AM, NikSac said:

True - and I'm so sorry, it didn't even occur to me how my post could sound until later. Having kids in daycare so one can work, help the kids learn social skills, etc.  or even just get a break sometimes makes complete sense to me, and it doesn't mean the parents don't want to spend time with the kids.

What I was getting at with Tyler and Cate is that they choose not to take care of her most of the time, so they need that nonstop available family to provide "daycare" (and overnight care, for that matter).  Daycare has lots of good, important uses, but Preferring to spend all day smoking pot and monitoring social media isn't (in my opinion) a good reason.  Again sorry if that came across wrong - I didn't mean to imply that daycare was a bad thing whatsoever.  For that matter Nova'd probably be better off in real daycare than bouncing around between family members who've already been pretty dysfunctional in the past.

And good point, they'd probably be paying money to their families for various things with or without them taking care of Nova anyway. Poor kid.

Hey, we're cool! :-) And I am sure you're right. They choose not to spend time with her for no other reason than they just don't want to. I believe that. 

• Love 1

Tyler didn't want children. He's a narcissist in love with only himself. Carly, Nova and Catelynn are only accessories.  The true Tyler came out in 2012 when he ditched Catelynn, dropped out of "social working" school and ran off to New Orleans - completely derailing Catelynn's life. Unfortunately, the guy who brought him to NOLA was a twink-hunter and most likely wanted some tit-for-tat.  So, Tyler ran back to Michigan with his tail between his legs. If he wasn't presented with the casting couch, he'd still be "an actor."  Since Tyler's running off, Catelynn became a total insecure mess and any progress was destroyed.  She lives with the daily fear that he'll leave. When she tries to challenge that thought, it's difficult because he left once and most likely threatens to leave. Enter the anchor baby, Nova. The only way for Catelynn to grow is to cut this narcissist out of her life.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

That's what gets to me about this whole thing. Tyler bitches and complains so much about missing out on Carly that he doesn't realize he's missing out on Nova. I don't doubt that Catelynn and Tyler will feel Carly's absence for the rest of their lives---that's just the nature of the beast---but that doesn't mean Ty should ignore Nova in favor of the child he placed. He and Cate have completely romanticized the notion of what parenting a child would've been like, and it's infecting their relationship with the child they're raising. Carly has her own family. Let her enjoy her life and hope that she'll want a relationship someday. That's really the only thing Cate and Ty can do at this point. 

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Tyler didn't want children. He's a narcissist in love with only himself. Carly, Nova and Catelynn are only accessories. 

I agree. Carly was/is the perfect child for Tyler, because of the circumstance.

Tyler doesn't want to be a father. The only thing he likes being about a father is the fact that his offspring provide SM fodder to get likes and other validation. The only "fatherly" thing he wants to do is post pictures and comments about his kids, and have people tell him how awesome he is.  That is why Carly was and is so perfect to him. Someone else is doing the actual work, and Tyler gets to take all the credit for Carly being attractive/athletic/smart- he can say he provided the genetic material. Even non genetic accolades can be attributed to him, as he was the one who picked B&T in the first place. Conversely, any negatives to Carly- poor behavior, doing badly in school, etc. can be blamed on B&T, and Tyler gets the bonus of bleating about how he would have done things differently. He doesn't even need pictures of Carly- just talking about her gives him the attention he so desperately craves.

Nova will never be held in the same esteem as Carly. Her needs inconvenience Tyler and now he's on the hook for any negative judgment about her.

• Love 9

I actually don't think Tyler is gay. I saw a smile on his face in that strip club scene I've never seen him have elsewhere. I think he secretly probably watches porn and is into stereotypical "hot" chicks but knows it would've made him look shitty to leave Catelynn for one. 

I think he just seems gay because he's so in love with himself and isn't very "macho." In a different cultural context, he'd likely have been an emo kid or a preppy narcissist. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I actually don't think Tyler is gay. I saw a smile on his face in that strip club scene I've never seen him have elsewhere. I think he secretly probably watches porn and is into stereotypical "hot" chicks but knows it would've made him look shitty to leave Catelynn for one. 

I think he just seems gay because he's so in love with himself and isn't very "macho." In a different cultural context, he'd likely have been an emo kid or a preppy narcissist. 

I agree. There's only one man he loves -- Tyler Baltierra. He's gay for Tyler Baltierra.  Reminds me of that scene from Silence of the Lambs where Buffalo Bill looks like the mirror and asks himself if he would fuck him. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don't like Tyler's mother at all. 

I don't either. I think she encourages most of Tyler's douchery, and she has a poor grasp of appropriate boundaries as well.

• Love 13

I wonder if she's the same with her daughter or if her protectiveness only involves Tyler. IF the latter, it would explain Tyler's ego and entitlement. But, this is an honest question, is it fair to expect her to side with someone other than Tyler? He's her kid, when he speaks to her it's his side of the story, is it fair to expect her to clearly see Catelyn's issues? Sadder to me is not that Tyler's mom supports Tyler, but that Catelyn doesn't have a similar fiercely protective parental figure. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, evilmindatwork said:

I wonder if she's the same with her daughter or if her protectiveness only involves Tyler. IF the latter, it would explain Tyler's ego and entitlement. But, this is an honest question, is it fair to expect her to side with someone other than Tyler? He's her kid, when he speaks to her it's his side of the story, is it fair to expect her to clearly see Catelyn's issues? Sadder to me is not that Tyler's mom supports Tyler, but that Catelyn doesn't have a similar fiercely protective parental figure. 

It's not just Tyler vs. Cate though. Kim has crossed the line with B&T when they upset her precious baby as well.

My issue with Kim stems from three incidents:

1. I caught some underlying glee when Tyler mentioned wanting to break up with Cate a few years back. Not understandable relief, like, yes Cate is a nice girl but she's kind of suffocating Tyler, she's been his only serious relationship that started when he was 13, and I think he needs some breathing room, but instead kind of a mean spirited happiness. Kim strikes me as someone who always cheers when an A lister actress or singer gets dumped by her husband or boyfriend, the more humiliating, the better

2. When C&T asked B&T to their graduation, and B&T said they would have to think about it. Kim gets her panties in a bunch, and calls up Teresa (she had not been authorized to call them, she took the number off Tyler's phone and B&T were not happy about it) and lays a giant guilt trip on her and says she's asking her, mother to mother, which I find manipulative. That situation had nothing to do with Kim and Kim had to insert herself in it

3. One of the 100 times Tyler told his mother he had knowingly ignored B&T's requests to limit Carly's online exposure, and Kim agrees with Tyler that B&T are so indebted to him they should not be making any demands on him and really should just be grateful they have a child

• Love 12
6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I agree. There's only one man he loves -- Tyler Baltierra. He's gay for Tyler Baltierra.  Reminds me of that scene from Silence of the Lambs where Buffalo Bill looks like the mirror and asks himself if he would fuck him. 

Omg amazing. 

2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Is medical marijuana even illegal in Michigan??

No, it's legal. 

3 hours ago, gunderda said:

Is medical marijuana even illegal in Michigan??

They've proudly Tweeted that they have the "card."

(which is just further evidence that she didn't go to rehab for marijuana but for another drug.)

#boogietown

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

She fucked Butch. Enough said. *mic drop*

And somewhere along the line she fucked up with Tyler too . His claim to fame is knocking up Catelynn . No job, no education , shitty dad & husband . I see where he gets his attitude from...

• Love 3

Kim lost me when she started validating Tyler's shitty attitude towards Brandon and Teresa. When B&T first asked them to stop sharing Carly's photos online, Kim agreed with Tyler that they were way out of line and it was pointless to make such a request because people would recognize Carly anyway. Instead of even trying to understand where B&T were coming from as concerned parents, Kim threw them under the bus and continued to prop Tyler up as he went on his rants about how disrespectful they were being and how much he regretted choosing them to be Carly's parents. And she completely ignored poor Catelynn when Cate pointed out that B&T had every right to make their rules and it ultimately didn't matter if the rest of the world got to see Carly's face. All that mattered was appeasing the golden prince because he got his fragile ego bruised. Screw you, Kim. You reap what you sow and now your golden prince is a lazy douchecanoe who refuses to get a job, go to school, or even take care of his child. In other words, he's essentially Butch Lite. 

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

Have we seen Butch's girlfriend yet ? I thought someone said they are living in C&T's old house. I bet she's a real scholar lol.

Nadine (Butch's girlfriend) was featured in the MTV web series "Being Butch."  

12 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Kim lost me when she started validating Tyler's shitty attitude towards Brandon and Teresa. When B&T first asked them to stop sharing Carly's photos online, Kim agreed with Tyler that they were way out of line and it was pointless to make such a request because people would recognize Carly anyway. Instead of even trying to understand where B&T were coming from as concerned parents, Kim threw them under the bus and continued to prop Tyler up as he went on his rants about how disrespectful they were being and how much he regretted choosing them to be Carly's parents. And she completely ignored poor Catelynn when Cate pointed out that B&T had every right to make their rules and it ultimately didn't matter if the rest of the world got to see Carly's face. All that mattered was appeasing the golden prince because he got his fragile ego bruised. Screw you, Kim. You reap what you sow and now your golden prince is a lazy douchecanoe who refuses to get a job, go to school, or even take care of his child. In other words, he's essentially Butch Lite. 

Kim is a real azzhole.  Backing up Tyler's ridiculous & immature attitude that he should be able to plaster Carly's pic all over the Internet for "Likes" instead of saying They're Her Parents- You Gave Up All Say In The Matter ..... I wouldn't recognize Carly if I passed her in the street but B&T have every right to privacy. I'll bet they regret this open adoption with these people .  Just look at the contrast in the life Nova & Carly are living - the balls on this punk saying he regrets choosing B&T .. Be grateful your biological child THAT YOU GAVE UP , is having a wonderful childhood with loving parents and has a bright future . And I'm not talking economics or class , there's plenty of parents out there without a pot to piss in that provide the best they can for their children. Tyler sucks in every which way . Nova dumped in with the dogs... 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, CofCinci said:

They've proudly Tweeted that they have the "card."

(which is just further evidence that she didn't go to rehab for marijuana but for another drug.)

#boogietown

But Cate didn't go to rehab. She went to an inpatient therapy program for anxiety and depression. At least that's what they told people. Leah said something similar and I did NOT believe her. But I tend to believe Cate. 

That being said, she has said she needs to stop, and if the pot interferes with her medication, she really should. 

8 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Nadine (Butch's girlfriend) was featured in the MTV web series "Being Butch."  

Yes. And she actually seemed really normal and sweet. Nothing like April. 

16 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Kim lost me when she started validating Tyler's shitty attitude towards Brandon and Teresa.

I agree. In the beginning, I really liked her. She seemed kind and reasonable and a no-nonsense kind of gal. But as the years have gone by, it's become apparent just how much she coddles Tyler and enables him to be the douche he is today. I do think their dynamic has changed, though. I don't remember her validating him so often in the early years. Maybe he helps her financially and she feels she has to walk on eggshells with him? Who knows? But she's become increasingly more critical of Cate, yet never has a bad word to say for her son. 

• Love 7