Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

Platinum hostess tray? You can't fit a pizza on that tray. Vegetable bowl? For what? They don't eat vegetables. Wood salad server set. Oh, shit. LOL What a joke. Sugar dispenser? Yeah, that will hold the salt that Catelynn will pour all over her food. Kitchen timer? I guess they need that to keep tabs on the pizza delivery person.  A ten dollar pizza chopper. Oh yes, finally something that they will use.

• Love 9
(edited)

Judging by what you all have posted from her registry, I'm thinking Catelynn & Tyler have forgotten who her family & friends are (and what kind of extra income they have to buy gifts with). Unless they're thinking fans will be dumb enough to purchase this stuff for them?

I'd love to hear April and Butch's comments on whether or not anyone actually needs a platinum hostess tray, let alone their kids. Also, they've been living together in that house for a while. They likely have what they need for their home. I can see registering for some towels to stock up on or a few little things you don't have or want to upgrade slightly, but really? I have some friends who lived together for years and when they married pretty much said, we aren't registering anywhere, but if you feel like you want to get us a gift, we'd appreciate gift cards to WalMart or Home Depot. Couldn't Tyler and Cate just have asked people to make donations to Bethany or some adoption agency instead (since they are shills for Bethany and all, it seems it would benefit them to do so)? Uh-oh, now that I'm thinking about it I kind of want to make a donation to Planned Parenthood in their names as a wedding gift for them....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4
(edited)

I must admit, I didn't know about the hatred towards Tyler until I started reading forums neither I hated or hate him now. I was just more able to confirm my first impression about him, I'd even go on and say them - there is no emotion, no physical expression of love (mostly facial that follows their words of love, no body language that implies that). Maybe it's there when it comes to Kate, but I just can't see it with Tyler. You can see him saying all those nice things, but his face is blank, just emotionless. Them sitting around always gave me the impression - oh, we're so stuck with each other, we know one another too well, that it's boring now, but what can we do, we have to be together, it is what it is.

It is too obvious that he values and pays too much attention to his looks, so I do believe it bugs him that she's not a cute, tiny girl like she used to be. I remember when he tried to help her pick out clothes, it's like he feels guilty about her size or that it came to wearing old grandma clothes in the end. That was the look he had for me.

I feel sorry for them because (especially Cate) they don't know how to function whey they're on their own. Again, it really goes more for Kate. I imagine Tyler's face would be like- Ok, I'm outta here, while she'd struggle in order to do things by herself. She'd definitely be in more trouble, because she's clinging on to Tyler. It probably has to do with her family background, he probably was there for her at the time, but the consequence of them being so long together is that she doesn't know how she does things Kate's way, only their way.

I know I haven't said anything new, it just saddens me because we are born as single individuals and yet, they don't know how to function in that way.

Edited by EuropeanGirl
  • Love 4

Platinum hostess tray? You can't fit a pizza on that tray. Vegetable bowl? For what? They don't eat vegetables. Wood salad server set. Oh, shit. LOL What a joke. Sugar dispenser? Yeah, that will hold the salt that Catelynn will pour all over her food. Kitchen timer? I guess they need that to keep tabs on the pizza delivery person.  A ten dollar pizza chopper. Oh yes, finally something that they will use.

I did laugh at this, but in a way, the registry makes me sad. This is obviously part of Cate's campaign to become a classy lady.

What a waste of high end kitchen ware, that will either never get used, or get damaged the first time they try to make nachos on the hostess tray or shove the sugar shaker into the dishwasher.

• Love 4

BrandonandTeresa would have a wooden salad server so by golly Catelyn is gonna have one too.

Fake it til you make it!  She just had better keep her eyes on that platinum cause ole Butchie will have it down at the pawn shop in no time.

• Love 7

I did laugh at this, but in a way, the registry makes me sad. This is obviously part of Cate's campaign to become a classy lady.

What a waste of high end kitchen ware, that will either never get used, or get damaged the first time they try to make nachos on the hostess tray or shove the sugar shaker into the dishwasher.

this was my thought as well.  you'd think after they've been living together for so long that they would realize you don't need all that crap and it would just be wasted cupboard space. 

that sort of stuff is like you've been living in an apartment single for a couple years and then getting married hand having a house so you think you need to become some fancy hostess.

• Love 3

I would not be surprised if some of their fans do buy them gifts.

It worked for the Duggar girls. Their registry was loaded up with an astonishing about of bullshit.  I'm sure plenty of the superfans bought crap.

• Love 4

BrandonandTeresa would have a wooden salad server so by golly Catelyn is gonna have one too.

Fake it til you make it!  She just had better keep her eyes on that platinum cause ole Butchie will have it down at the pawn shop in no time.

The same thought came to my mind. lol

• Love 1
(edited)

OMG has anyone else watched the commercial that Cate, Tyler and their baby are in? It is for the new Mission Impossible movie. They are on a plane and they see a man on the wing (Tom Cruise). I found what Tyler said to be so funny because it seems to be a play on Tyler who is all about social media:

http://starcasm.net/archives/323780

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

OMG has anyone else watched the commercial that Cate, Tyler and their baby are in? It is for the new Mission Impossible movie. They are on a plane and they see a man on the wing (Tom Cruise). I found what Tyler said to be so funny because it seems to be a play on Tyler who is all about social media:

I THOUGHT that looked like Tyler. I was only half way paying attention to the commercial and at the end looked up and thought to myself how much that actor looked like him.  I didn't focus on the other people with him to notice that it was Catelynn and their kid though.  

• Love 1
I’m so honored, grateful, & blessed to be marrying my partner, my best friend, & my soulmate!” Tyler recently wrote on Instagram. “I have never loved anything more in my life than @catelynnmtv! Cate, your going to be the most beautiful bride & I can’t thank you enough for making the last 10 years of my life beyond amazing & fulfilled with pure love & immense joy!”

Definitely no.

• Love 3
Wait, hold on. Jenelle is getting married? I must be behind on my gossip. When is this monstrosity taking place? 

I thought Jenelle was married to Instagram.

Is the food going to be served or will it be buffet style with chicken and pizza on the menu? I am sure instead of small, dainty salt shakers, Caitlyn will just have those large containers of Morton Salt on the tables.

Big chunks of rock salt, carved to look like diamonds.

• Love 2

If I was MTV, I wouldn't want to invest too much of my time or resources on filming Jenelle's wedding. I mean, does anyone even really think they'll make it that far? I think at this point Catelynn and Tyler realize they're in too deep, they have an image, another season of OG and a kid to think about. Plus, think of the OK Magazine articles!

TM is becoming a game show where the object is to get as much funding as possible for a wedding, get divorced and have another one as quickly as you can without losing all credibility.

OK, that part about keeping a shred of credibility is optional.

Tyler recently wrote on Instagram. “I have never loved anything more in my life than @catelynnmtv!

In related news, the selfie mirror held a press conference announcing that it would have bigamy charges filed against Tyler.

• Love 4

Catelynn and Tyler's wedding date is almost 2 weeks away and no one has called off the wedding yet.

A-yup, cutting it pretty close! Will it end up like Sophie's wedding in Peep Show? (available on NFLX in US if you want to see what I'm talking about)

Still holding out hope, but not much… This is such a mistake. They should've broken up 9 years ago.

If Toddler gets spooked, will he try lighting the bat signal for help? Look to "He's Just Not That Into You" for inspiration? Maybe he can tune in to MTV Catfish for outlandish last-minute excuses for cancelling. Terminal case of "uromysitisis" (Seinfeld)? Alien abduction! Russian organ theft gangsters!

He's secretly furious because he wanted to be in the next Batman movie instead.

• Love 1

If Toddler gets spooked, will he try lighting the bat signal for help? Look to "He's Just Not That Into You" for inspiration? Maybe he can tune in to MTV Catfish for outlandish last-minute excuses for cancelling. Terminal case of "uromysitisis" (Seinfeld)? Alien abduction! Russian organ theft gangsters!

While these are all great suggestions, I'm partial to the Catfish crossover idea. Would love to see Nev half-heartedly trying to convince Tyler to do the right thing, and breaking the news to Catelynn about how she's been duped. (Because she has, kinda.)

• Love 2

Catelynn and Tyler's wedding date is almost 2 weeks away and no one has called off the wedding yet.

Tyler will have a heart attack or, at least he will fake chest pains an hour before the wedding. See, the Roseanne connection has crossed-over to TM1.

• Love 5

I actually really want Toddler (best nickname ever!) and Catelynn to make it to the big day. I'm holding out hope that when the crowd is asked if anyone objects, Butch will come running down the aisle!

• Love 3

Tyler will jilt her and Butch will step up and marry Cate in her great-aunt-Agnes hat. All in the family.

Lmao! Then they'll chain smoke and he'll get arrested again for being a drunken mess.

• Love 2

Looks like the shake is working for Tyler...not so much for Catelynn. She's most likely just drinking the shakes as a side to her salt and fried chicken dinner.

Do these companies look for results before issuing payment to their endorsers?

• Love 2

Looks like the shake is working for Tyler...not so much for Catelynn. She's most likely just drinking the shakes as a side to her salt and fried chicken dinner.

Do these companies look for results before issuing payment to their endorsers?

Is she getting paid? She might just be advertising it unprompted on her instagram in the hopes that the company notices and sends her some money. Or maybe they offered to give her a few bucks or buy her platinum hosting tray if she'd post a few pics on instagram. I highly doubt she's an official spokesperson for the brand.

If I were a weight loss brand looking for a spokesperson, Cate is the last person I would ever pick. Not necessarily due to her size (Kirstie Alley and Jessica Simpson were much larger), but she has no discipline, seems to tie food to her emotions, no basic knowledge of nutrition, and no motivation.

• Love 2

http://www.teenmomjunkies.com/teen-mom-3/good-bad-uglyround-2

Amber has lost a significant amount of weight (w00t, you go girl, beat that couch!) but Cate is the one hawking a weight loss product.[snip]

Good for Amber, she's doing it the sensible way too. No gimmicks, no product endorsements, no fad dieting. 36 lbs in just under 5 months by cutting down/out simple carbs, eating protein rich and vegetable dense meals with some fruit early in the day, and exercising on the elliptical = average weight loss at around 2- 2 1/2 lbs per week for her. Looks like she's been consistent and disciplined, with probably a cheat meal here and there to keep the body losing. I think Cate is capable of doing the very same thing, only she has a partner who pressures her instead of one that encourages her. She may get there after the pressure to lose weight for the wedding is behind her. I hope for her sake that she's able to take off at least some the weight so that she's healthier and feels better about herself.

• Love 1

I love how Toddler says, "In this family we do things together". He must have been reading the boards and seeing us all bitch about his expectations for Catelynn's diet. I also love how he uses every opportunity to post a "model" pic on Instagram. 

• Love 1