Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

Radar: Interview with Cate's Dad 

David Lowell is opening up about daughter Catelynn Lowell's difficult childhood after the Teen Mom OG cast member revealed she had been diagnosed with PTSD relating to her "trauma" growing up.

Catelynn recently returned from her latest stint in a mental health treatment center after revealing in November she had experienced suicidal thoughts following the loss of her unborn baby.

She returned to rehab twice after her initial stage to confront her childhood issues, she said, and now calls herself a "trauma survivor." Lowell told Radar Thursday that a relatively rootless childhood is what he thinks she is referring to when she mentions tough times growing up.

"I don't do drugs or drink, so mostly it was when I had to move for my job when she was 12," he told the publication.

"Kids don't realize that a dad has to do whatever it takes to pay support and insurance for their children...Even if it means moving to do so. I was never a deadbeat dad. One thing I've always done was to take care of the kids."

The fact that he lived in a different state for a spell was difficult, he added.

"That we both hard time dealing with. But we called frequently," Lowell said.

Catelynn's mom April, with whom David is no longer with, dealt with substance abuse issues throughout Catelynn's childhood, however, which were a major part of the earlier seasons of Teen Mom.

"What her mother did with money, many different boyfriends, and moving all the time, I couldn't say," Lowell said.

Since returning from her recent stint in treatment, Catelynn has been doing "wonderful," her dad bragged.

"She's doing her aftercare like a champ," he added.

"I did go with her to a holistic approach therapist. I believe this is her first time trying it. It involves breathing techniques, aromatic sound and of course, talking."

After three stints in inpatient treatment, Lowell said he's confident that his daughter will not be going back to a similar facility from here on out.

"I think she's won the battle, but staying humble about it," he said.

"It's a lifelong affliction."

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, druzy said:

"I did go with her to a holistic approach therapist."

I wonder if the therapist was recommended by Phoebe Buffay. Does Caitlyn have a "Ross"?...oh wait, even if she did, she probably wouldn't be able to locate it in the folds. 

• Love 7

"What her mother did with money, many different boyfriends, and moving all the time, I couldn't say," Lowell said.

You just did.

You just did.

Radar needs editors, omg!

Oooops didn’t mean to do that twice! I guess I need an editor!!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Cate's dad's Instagram post 2/12/18 

ta.png

This does not look legit to me... a girl can dream it’s fake because if it’s real ?‍♀️.

also I looks like they are @ names lol.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I wonder if the therapist was recommended by Phoebe Buffay. Does Caitlyn have a "Ross"?...oh wait, even if she did, she probably wouldn't be able to locate it in the folds. 

28 minutes ago, leighroda said:

This does not look legit to me... a girl can dream it’s fake because if it’s real ?‍♀️.

1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

"aromatic sound"

What is aromatic sound? Farts?

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You just did.

You just did.

Radar needs editors, omg!

Oooops didn’t mean to do that twice! I guess I need an editor!!

DEAD! 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I think they are real. Andrea was born on 2/10/18 he got the tattoo of all 3 names on 2/12/18. I could be wrong.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, druzy said:

I think they are real. Andrea was born on 2/10/18 he got the tattoo of all 3 names on 2/12/18. I could be wrong.

I believe you, you got it from his insta, I just want to believe that there isn’t a whole family of people with Carly’s name permanently on them. The redness around them is what makes it look kinda fake to me, it just seems a little too perfect but I’m not an expert.

I guess Cate and her non-smart phone forgot the controversy she caused when she posted Carly in the shower... for the love. Shocking that Brandon and Theresa don’t trust them to post pics of her on social media.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Isn’t that lovely.

What kind of dye/paint are they using that she can’t have a shirt on, and the table is protected?

Who is the child on the couch?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I just realized I reposted the egg picture, sorry @druzy I can’t see insta links on my phone so I didn’t see the picture when I looked to see if it had been posted already.

Lol- I always do that!

I agree with your post- Cate never learns!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, druzy said:

Then including Carly is an insult to her and her and her parents.  I'd be ok if these yahoos just tattooed her birthdate or birth month flower or gemstone, or something like that.  Her name is too personal for this.  I just don't like it and I don't even know that child or her family.  Which newsflash, neither do the tattooed people.  

4 hours ago, leighroda said:

I believe you, you got it from his insta, I just want to believe that there isn’t a whole family of people with Carly’s name permanently on them. The redness around them is what makes it look kinda fake to me, it just seems a little too perfect but I’m not an expert.

That's what new tats look like.  The redness is from the etching and flooding the skin layers with dye.  My faux daughter is covered in tattoos and hers always look like this "fresh" and she fairly dark-skinned.  My son is lighter but more olive toned and his did too.  Still can't believe that kid got a chicken on his leg but I'm pretty impressed the needle-phobic whimp committed to it.  (It's not really a chicken, it's a baby chocobo.)  

4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

That poor turtle in the aquarium. Someone clean that damn water. 

I'll give them a pass for this.  It happens very quickly and our tank is huge, too.  I can't clean it myself.  My husband does it when he gets enough time home from work and bathes all the dogs that day too.  The turtles are ok.  Their natural water home is way ickier.  This tank doesn't look too bad to me but I didn't really notice it anyway.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Is it just me, or is putting the hearts there making the picture more inappropriate than it was to begin with??? My sons AND daughter like to hang around the house without shirts on sometimes. I generally don't post pics like that on SM, out of respect for them. They might get embarrassed. But I don't think there's any thing weird about a little girl without a shirt, any more than a boy without one. But putting the hearts there gives the impression that she has something to cover up. I don't know. It's just weird. 

I agree. The kid is 3. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

How lazy are you that you can't put a shirt on your child?

My daughter is 6 and we can't keep one on her. She rips it off as soon as she comes through the front door. We let her play outside in her underwear, too. (We also live on a farm and don't have close neighbors.) The difference is that we don't put pictures of our topless daughter on social media. I have zero problems with her being topless but I know lots of people on the internet who do have problems with that. I save myself the grief by not sharing those photos. Tyler and Cate, on the other hand, it's almost like they WANT people to complain so that they can get high and mighty and play martyr. "Oh, look how MEAN people are to us..."

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Is it just me, or is putting the hearts there making the picture more inappropriate than it was to begin with??? My sons AND daughter like to hang around the house without shirts on sometimes. I generally don't post pics like that on SM, out of respect for them. They might get embarrassed. But I don't think there's any thing weird about a little girl without a shirt, any more than a boy without one. But putting the hearts there gives the impression that she has something to cover up. I don't know. It's just weird. 

That was my exact thought.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

It's weird that Dawn's Twitter profile pic includes Cate and Tyler. Does she even work with them anymore (which would still be weird)?

Honestly, this dual relationship with C&T is a violation of her SW license and the NASW code of ethics. 

• Love 16
23 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Tyler and Cate, on the other hand, it's almost like they WANT people to complain so that they can get high and mighty and play martyr. "Oh, look how MEAN people are to us..."

This is what makes me so angry about the whole thing, I was reading over on reddit and someone literally defended Cate by saying “give her a break she just got out of rehab she didn’t know any better” NO, absolutely not! She went on national television the day after she was released, she has done multiple interviews while having not made any effort to continue any therapy or aftercare, she is reinacting a controversy she HAS ALREADY BEEN THROUGH... she gets zero chances from me. I’ve never liked her, but I’ve tried to give her the benefit of a doubt when it comes to her mental health, when she originally went to the treatment center I said I would refrain from snarking if she was getting help, but nope...game on. She does not get to play the innocent victim in this “I,I,I just wanted to post a cute little moment for all of my fans, you’re gross for sexualizing a 3 yr old” while yes, it’s gross to sexualize a 3 yr old... unfortunately it’s a fact of life. Not only should she be more cognizant because she’s a public figure with public social media, but this has all been brought to her attention before, the last time she caused a controversy this exact same way... but she’s not doing anything for attention? Sure Jan.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, leighroda said:

This is what makes me so angry about the whole thing, I was reading over on reddit and someone literally defended Cate by saying “give her a break she just got out of rehab she didn’t know any better” NO, absolutely not! She went on national television the day after she was released, she has done multiple interviews while having not made any effort to continue any therapy or aftercare, she is reinacting a controversy she HAS ALREADY BEEN THROUGH... she gets zero chances from me. I’ve never liked her, but I’ve tried to give her the benefit of a doubt when it comes to her mental health, when she originally went to the treatment center I said I would refrain from snarking if she was getting help, but nope...game on. She does not get to play the innocent victim in this “I,I,I just wanted to post a cute little moment for all of my fans, you’re gross for sexualizing a 3 yr old” while yes, it’s gross to sexualize a 3 yr old... unfortunately it’s a fact of life. Not only should she be more cognizant because she’s a public figure with public social media, but this has all been brought to her attention before, the last time she caused a controversy this exact same way... but she’s not doing anything for attention? Sure Jan.

I am not even on the board for two minutes and I read this and I just want to give you all of my likes. I don't think we have a limited supply of likes, but if we did, I'd give them all to you for this post.

Game on, indeed.

Cate doesn't know any better? She is not a child. She is not a teen. At what point is Cate accountable?

• Love 17
2 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

I am not even on the board for two minutes and I read this and I just want to give you all of my likes. I don't think we have a limited supply of likes, but if we did, I'd give them all to you for this post.

Game on, indeed.

Cate doesn't know any better? She is not a child. She is not a teen. At what point is Cate accountable?

Yeah, really. At this point I maintain that she's stirring up controversy on purpose. What makes me angry is that she's dragging Nova into it. She's been through this once before, with that video of Nova in the shower. (And I believe there was another one.) Even if she hadn't been through it before, she's old enough and has been around SM long enough to know how people react to such things. She's kind of a shit stirrer. I am starting to actively dislike her. (As opposed to the past where I was just kind of borderline.)

• Love 14
Just now, mamadrama said:

Yeah, really. At this point I maintain that she's stirring up controversy on purpose. What makes me angry is that she's dragging Nova into it. She's been through this once before, with that video of Nova in the shower. (And I believe there was another one.) Even if she hadn't been through it before, she's old enough and has been around SM long enough to know how people react to such things. She's kind of a shit stirrer. I am starting to actively dislike her. (As opposed to the past where I was just kind of borderline.)

I wanna say this is the 3rd instance but I can’t confidently claim that and I don’t have a reference to confirm it. There was the Snapchat shower followed by the retarded rant (I am not calling her retarded, she called others retarded), I want to say there was something with potty training and her sitting on a potty (I don’t remember if she was clothed or not) and now this. 

I hadn’t honestly even thought about Nova getting drug into this, the poor girl is going to be teased relentlessly, all these photos and references to her playing with poop, her anctuall doing it on national television?‍♀️.

Poor Nova, I want to rescue her and Kaiser from TM2.

• Love 10
Just now, leighroda said:

I wanna say this is the 3rd instance but I can’t confidently claim that and I don’t have a reference to confirm it. There was the Snapchat shower followed by the retarded rant (I am not calling her retarded, she called others retarded), I want to say there was something with potty training and her sitting on a potty (I don’t remember if she was clothed or not) and now this. 

I hadn’t honestly even thought about Nova getting drug into this, the poor girl is going to be teased relentlessly, all these photos and references to her playing with poop, her anctuall doing it on national television?‍♀️.

Poor Nova, I want to rescue her and Kaiser from TM2.

I'm thinking this is the 3rd time as well. 

We should pull our money and start a kind of halfway house for these kids: Kaiser, Ensley, Nova, MalibuJames, etc. A place where we can love and keep them until their Brandons and Theresas are found. (Except I'd kind of like to keep them all myself.)

• Love 11

My god, if I were visiting my daughter in treatment, rehab, whatever, I sure as hell wouldn’t take those pictures and videos, never mind posting them. I don’t like him now. I had no opinion before this.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

David Lowell appears in one episode and he is being treated like a king. What gives?

The whole Family Week thing is really weird. I get the general concept, but in Cate's particular case it's Super Duper Obvious that the great deal of money that is spent flying all those people from MI to AZ to stay in luxury accommodations for a week while they are counseled on how to coddle Cate when she gets home would be far better spent on probably months and months of family therapy at home as part of her well planned, detailed, aftercare program. In addition to a few days not being enough time to even begin to address their very complicated and fucked up family dynamics, making it a glamorous trip during which her poor relatives are flown across the country to stay in bungalows with private pools (who can blame them for posting about it on IG?) pollutes and perverts the whole process. They are probably like, "Yeah, yeah, sure, whatever you say..." in the therapy sessions thinking about whether they can get back to their room in time to order a massage and what the chef is making for dinner. And the thing is, how realistic is to expect otherwise? They clearly have boatloads of issues themselves and I'm sure the therapy sessions are triggering for them. They're drawn into the process with the promise of a fancy trip with lots of amenities, so why shouldn't they focus on the fun, positive stuff to get through a difficult experience? Yet, I'm sure the whole fun vacation/therapy for Cate dichotomy is difficult for everyone.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

The whole Family Week thing is really weird. I get the general concept, but in Cate's particular case it's Super Duper Obvious that the great deal of money that is spent flying all those people from MI to AZ to stay in luxury accommodations for a week while they are counseled on how to coddle Cate when she gets home would be far better spent on probably months and months of family therapy at home as part of her well planned, detailed, aftercare program. In addition to a few days not being enough time to even begin to address their very complicated and fucked up family dynamics, making it a glamorous trip during which her poor relatives are flown across the country to stay in bungalows with private pools (who can blame them for posting about it on IG?) pollutes and perverts the whole process. They are probably like, "Yeah, yeah, sure, whatever you say..." in the therapy sessions thinking about whether they can get back to their room in time to order a massage and what the chef is making for dinner. And the thing is, how realistic is to expect otherwise? They clearly have boatloads of issues themselves and I'm sure the therapy sessions are triggering for them. They're drawn into the process with the promise of a fancy trip with lots of amenities, so why shouldn't they focus on the fun, positive stuff to get through a difficult experience? Yet, I'm sure the whole fun vacation/therapy for Cate dichotomy is difficult for everyone.

All of these trailer trash hillbillies are making me ill. Then again, it is MTV behind all of this and that is who I should be directing my anger at in this case. MTV keeps throwing money at these people under the guise that they are like family to them and they care about Catelynn's well-being, when in reality, they are using Catelynn to push her agenda which is her fabrication of depression, anxiety, and feelings of suicide. I am conscious of the fact that without a doubt there is something off-center with Catelynn in her mind, but it is not what she claims. I believe she is feigning illness for attention. That in itself is a mental problem, but it is not being dealt with accordingly.

ETA: I just read the previews for tomorrow's episode. Apparently, Maci is now going to visit Catelynn in Arizona. Maci is only there for the fabulous five star accommodations and possibly all the Bud Lights she wants stocked in her refrigerator.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 17

We all know MTV is footing the bill for Cate's "treatment", but I'm wondering if it comes to her after care that MTV expects Cate to take care of that on her dime....which would explain why she doesn't actively stick with it.  Also....I thought Cate wanted her dam horse the last time she left "treatment" so she could jump on the horse and go for a ride whenever she felt another panic attack...what Happened?  I guess going for a horse ride is not going to bring the same amount of attention as vocalizing your  desire to commit suicide.  

• Love 11