Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, poopchute said:

Good God Cate and Tyler are so fucking dumb. “So happy for you”?! How can anyone think this is going to end well? Why is this something to celebrate?

Cate and Tyler are the kind of stupid ass people that support a friend's bad decision...and Cate is so damn dumb that she thinks we are going to believe she took meds from Matt not to actually use..but to show Amber he offered them to her!

• Love 18
On 11/8/2017 at 6:47 AM, heatherchandler said:

I don’t think she needed a baby to trap him, looks like he was already pulled into her den of misery and dog pee.  

Just wait until the rent is due and there is no money left.. Matt was able to scam his way into buying time, will this new guy be able to keep eviction at bay?

I can’t wait for her to be evicted and for all of her crap to be put on the sidewalk- all the busted up framed Marilyn posters and dirty couches- for all to see.  I’m sure this will happen, just not sure when.

No, not trap baby by Amber! I meant that maybe Andrew made sure that there was a baby, for HIS future MTV income. Seems like these MTV shows will be on forever, since they keep having more babies, to continue their story lines. Maybe Andrew knows more about this than we do, and decided it was time to get in on the action for himself. Look what it did for Matt, this show made him a Z-list celebrity. He was even less before he hooked up with Amber, than he is now after Amber. Who knows?

• Love 11
On 11/1/2017 at 11:07 AM, teapot said:

I wonder if it's Matt's or Andrew's baby

So does she.  

On 11/4/2017 at 7:17 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

"We're expecting," "we're having a baby," etc. are fine, but "we're pregnant" makes about as much sense as "we have cancer!" 

Or in this case, "We have one working brain cell between us."

• Love 13
On 11/9/2017 at 4:57 PM, Lm2162 said:

Yes. I was actually more forgiving of her than some of the others because she seemed to know she should not be procreating.

Also, why this guy and not Matt, I wonder?

I wonder if Matt is the one who talked her into going off birth control hoping to get her preggers and seal a marriage / TM $ deal but they broke up before he could make it happen and Andrew just happened to be the next guy she dated.  I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth about this.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Cate and Tyler are the kind of stupid ass people that support a friend's bad decision...and Cate is so damn dumb that she thinks we are going to believe she took meds from Matt not to actually use..but to show Amber he offered them to her!

It’s funny because when Cate and Tyler decided on adoption they did because they knew they couldn’t provide a good and stable life for the baby. I even remember Butch I think saying the baby will be loved and Tyler said love isn’t enough. Why do they think Amber is in any way able to provide a stable life? Because she has money? Her situation really isn’t much different than theirs was.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

Watch Leah become Amber's #1 babysitter in a couple of years.

Yes. She will suddenly have a lot more interest in seeing Boo Boo. 

1 hour ago, poopchute said:

It’s funny because when Cate and Tyler decided on adoption they did because they knew they couldn’t provide a good and stable life for the baby. I even remember Butch I think saying the baby will be loved and Tyler said love isn’t enough. Why do they think Amber is in any way able to provide a stable life? Because she has money? Her situation really isn’t much different than theirs was.

All common sense those two had flew right out the window when they got their first taste of "fame". 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

That is an adorable picture of Leah. She looks like a doll.

Every time I see that picture I flashback to the horror it produced.

Amber_Portwood_tattoo.jpg.4cd6aabef959e725728c5ea9267b753c.jpg

article-2149622-134AE753000005DC-253_468

BTW I think Leah is adorable this horror is solely Amber and her crap decision making skills

• Love 16
1 minute ago, druzy said:

Two thoughts here: she is (still) sitting on a couch, but she appears to be outside. She never ventures outside if she can help it...unless she was carried outside while sitting on the couch a la Cleopatra? Yeah, that sounds right.

• Love 16

I don't understand why Amber  OR Cate and Tyler are  even on  this show......16 and pregnant yes...but they are not and  never have been parents to the children they bore!!!   Sorry if that sounds harsh but it is true.  Maybe Matt had a lucky escape....no man that I know would have put up with Ambers  drama even if being paid!!!  

• Love 2

I could see a place for Cate and Tyler on the show - IF they had stuck with their original post-Carly plans. I think it would be a good lesson for teens considering adoption. "Look at all they're able to do now!" But they didn't follow through with school, nor really with work. It's embarrassing. It SHOULD be embarrassing. 

Amber never really parented Leah. Gary did the bulk of the work from day one. But Amber was there, in the house, with Leah for several years. So I guess it makes sense. But with her living with Matt and barely seeing BooBoo, they should have cut her off and just focused on Gary. 

• Love 22
11 hours ago, MistyMeg said:

I don't understand why Amber  OR Cate and Tyler are  even on  this show......16 and pregnant yes...but they are not and  never have been parents to the children they bore!!!   Sorry if that sounds harsh but it is true.  Maybe Matt had a lucky escape....no man that I know would have put up with Ambers  drama even if being paid!!!  

Matt is no man. Just a con MAN. 

@druzy did Matt create a new Instagram account or are you referring to the one he had before? I checked the one he had and it appears Amber, Kail, and Cate continue to follow him. WTF? lol 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
On 11/17/2017 at 1:01 AM, GreatKazu said:

@druzy did Matt create a new Instagram account or are you referring to the one he had before? I checked the one he had and it appears Amber, Kail, and Cate continue to follow him. WTF? lol 

I think they're referring to Amber's new man. He's the "new" Matt

• Love 3

The comments that say what an amazing mom Amber is make me so confused. Do these people watch the same show?  The only amazing thing about Amber is the fact that her butt is molded to her couch. 

In what way is this bitch an amazing mom?! 

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This comment is great, though

Christie Stewart @xsullengirlx 19h Replying to @AmberLPortwood

Beautiful! Gary really has raised a sweet, polite and smart little girl. Bless. ❤️❤️❤️

Then somebody immediately jumped in and said "Gary AND Amber have raised her". Which is total bullshit. 

• Love 17
On 11/17/2017 at 2:01 AM, GreatKazu said:

I just saw your post @GreatKazu. Porkwood refers to Andrew as the "new" Matt. 

6 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

I think they're referring to Amber's new man. He's the "new" Matt

Thanks @AmandaUnbidden!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This comment is great, though

Christie Stewart @xsullengirlx 19h Replying to @AmberLPortwood

Beautiful! Gary really has raised a sweet, polite and smart little girl. Bless. ❤️❤️❤️

And then you have this:

Joani Glover

@JoaniGlover

·

14h

Replying to @AmberLPortwood

Cute girl ,Amber u are a great mother,Gary sucks u should have ur daughter with u.We all make mistakes. not having her has hurt u deeply. Gary needs to give u ur daughter.

How do people like "Joani" manage to walk and chew gum at the same time?

ETA: I checked out Joani's twitter. She retweets a lot of political tweets and appears to be anti-Trump. Now, since she's just retweeting stuff, I can't get much of a read on her non Teen Mom grammar, but still, the fact that she's even paying attention to world news is a bit surprising, considering her barely literate post.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 12

My husband is very intelligent. He reads a lot, he is well versed in current affairs, he could have in depth political discussions with you for hours. He has an insane amount of historical knowledge and he's really good at math. But his grammar and spelling are the pits! I don't know if it's because of his background - he had a pretty rough childhood and spent most of his adolescence in juvi. But it's bad. When he posts on his social media, not a punctuation mark in sight. It's just one giant run on that I often have a hard time making sense of. Whenever he needs to send a professional letter for work (he's the superintendent for at HVAC company), I always proofread and correct all his mistakes. But he's not a moron. Not even close. 

That being said, I feel that in order to be a fan of Amber's, one would HAVE to be a moron. Or live in a cave. "Gary needs to give you your daughter"???? I'm sorry, but is she a flat worm, capable of inseminating herself??? Leah is BOTH Gary and Amber's daughter. And, really, she is more Gary's daughter since he's the one who has put in the hard work raising her, and Amber only sees her when it's convenient or flattering to do so. 

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My husband is very intelligent. He reads a lot, he is well versed in current affairs, he could have in depth political discussions with you for hours. He has an insane amount of historical knowledge and he's really good at math. But his grammar and spelling are the pits! I don't know if it's because of his background - he had a pretty rough childhood and spent most of his adolescence in juvi. But it's bad. When he posts on his social media, not a punctuation mark in sight. It's just one giant run on that I often have a hard time making sense of. Whenever he needs to send a professional letter for work (he's the superintendent for at HVAC company), I always proofread and correct all his mistakes. But he's not a moron. Not even close. 

That being said, I feel that in order to be a fan of Amber's, one would HAVE to be a moron. Or live in a cave. "Gary needs to give you your daughter"???? I'm sorry, but is she a flat worm, capable of inseminating herself??? Leah is BOTH Gary and Amber's daughter. And, really, she is more Gary's daughter since he's the one who has put in the hard work raising her, and Amber only sees her when it's convenient or flattering to do so. 

These days, I kind of feel like grammar & spelling are a lost art.  I speak as a community college graduate w/an AA in Fashion Merchandising (just like Teresa Guidice!) but I was an elementary school nerd, and always a kinda-wanna-be-writer (my friends really like my social media posts!  LOL).  Anyway, expressing myself & presenting my thoughts in a well-thought out manner has always been super-important to me. (I definitely "wing" sentence structure and I don't like capitalization all that much but I think that's due to all of the time I spent trolling yahoo groups once upon a time. I'm definitely mostly "self-taught" (I taught myself to read when I was four.  then I completely mis-spent my teens. ) and I'm probably screwing up left & right, but I try.  and I care.)

However, my mister (English major turned business major...sell-out...j/k LMAO) will text me back, "your welcome" and I'll be like "YOU'RE killing me, you know that?"  He says, who has time to worry about stuff like that when we're just talking? My boy-child, the PR exec, will tell me about (his) "girlfriend & I's trip"...and so many managers that I email for work will commit such language crimes.  Even articles online have spelling errors!

I think no one cares too much anymore...the general consensus is, 'they know what I mean..."

My favorite cousin is a high school English teacher and I ask her if this world is driving her crazy; she said "not anymore, I'm used to it!"

and now my prissy self will go back to her rocking chair, dictionary, and thesaurus....siiiigggghhhhh...

• Love 11
On 11/19/2017 at 4:00 PM, Maharincess said:

Then somebody immediately jumped in and said "Gary AND Amber have raised her". Which is total bullshit. 

I'm so confused by this. 

Even if you don't hate the TMs, why choose them as your celeb faves? I know not everyone is going to dislike them as strongly as I do, but to LOVE and defend them? For what? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I'm so confused by this. 

Even if you don't hate the TMs, why choose them as your celeb faves? I know not everyone is going to dislike them as strongly as I do, but to LOVE and defend them? For what? 

My theory is for sociaization. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I'm so confused by this. 

My guess is that Amber and the others are more accessible and more likely to respond and make the twitter fans feel like insiders. Like, I could tweet at Reese Witherspoon all day long (well, I could if I had a twitter account) and my odds of getting any kind of acknowledgement from her for my utter fandom are slim to none. The TM and TM2 girls are low hanging fruit for sad sack losers like Joani who are desperate for even the most ancillary "celeb" connection.

• Love 15

@Tatum I totally agree with your theory.

I’m ashamed to admit this but I had a Twitter for a hot minute and Amber ended up following me and her and another celeb (he was really popular in 80s movies) retweeted my tweets I felt AMAZING for like 15 minutes doing the “Oh yeah, they acknowledged me” dance. To the point I needed MORE and eventually went from the “cool chic they wanted to retweet” to the annoying fan that would say anything asskiss worthy to get another dose of a retweet lol.

I ended up deleting the account soon after because Twitter was hard for me to get the handle of (I’m not a computer illiterate) with hashtags and DMs, character limits it just became boring. Amber was still following me at that point and we even shared a DM together and she was very sweet. That’s when I was rooting for her. It wasn’t until she started blaming Matt’s exes for allowing themselves to be treated badly that I left her corner. No woman deserves to be treated badly whether you THINK they should have known better or left at first sign of abuse.

The hanging fruit theory is spot on. These Z list celebs are accessible, more so than say Justin Timberlake, so people take out their fandom out on the Z listers to feel “in” with tv people. Lame, I know, I tried to bite the hanging banana but it started to taste bitter so I made banana pudding and no longer subject myself to desperation. Nobody is better than me, I love myself, and WILL NOT degrade myself to a Z lister or other celebs for an instant gratification such as a retweet or “like” from Ambie. ? 

ETA: Just want to clarify that the part where I said “Nobody is better than me” wasn’t my way of sounding conceited, as it was more about loving oneself and not putting someone on television ahead of how you feel about yourself. I.e., to not lower yourself and personality for a feeling of acceptance from someone that is watched by many on a flat screen television or computer screen.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 14
On 11/20/2017 at 0:37 PM, teapot said:

These days, I kind of feel like grammar & spelling are a lost art.  I speak as a community college graduate w/an AA in Fashion Merchandising (just like Teresa Guidice!) but I was an elementary school nerd, and always a kinda-wanna-be-writer (my friends really like my social media posts!  LOL).  Anyway, expressing myself & presenting my thoughts in a well-thought out manner has always been super-important to me. (I definitely "wing" sentence structure and I don't like capitalization all that much but I think that's due to all of the time I spent trolling yahoo groups once upon a time. I'm definitely mostly "self-taught" (I taught myself to read when I was four.  then I completely mis-spent my teens. ) and I'm probably screwing up left & right, but I try.  and I care.)

However, my mister (English major turned business major...sell-out...j/k LMAO) will text me back, "your welcome" and I'll be like "YOU'RE killing me, you know that?"  He says, who has time to worry about stuff like that when we're just talking? My boy-child, the PR exec, will tell me about (his) "girlfriend & I's trip"...and so many managers that I email for work will commit such language crimes.  Even articles online have spelling errors!

I think no one cares too much anymore...the general consensus is, 'they know what I mean..."

My favorite cousin is a high school English teacher and I ask her if this world is driving her crazy; she said "not anymore, I'm used to it!"

and now my prissy self will go back to her rocking chair, dictionary, and thesaurus....siiiigggghhhhh...

I need a pep talk from your cousin please! I am in the same profession and I am going to throw something at a kid (after I use it to throw at my TV) if I see another "essay" without indents for paragraphs, one run on sentence as a paragraph and zero quotation marks...all hand written in the style of a serial killer.

I will gladly send her gifts of caffeine & chocolate if she can provide any insight. 

It's just so incredibly sad to see every day.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I’m still in shock over this pregnancy. This is seriously scary.  I worry about the health and welfare of this baby. 

I agree. I don't know why, but I think this baby will be even worse off than Jenelle's kids. I don't necessarily think Jenelle is a better mother (or perhaps I should say a less shitty mother), but for some reason I can't figure out, I really think this baby is at an even worse disadvantage than Kaiser and Ensley.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Calm81 said:

another celeb (he was really popular in 80s movies)

You can't just drop this and not name names, @Calm81.  I'm gonna need a little more info here.

I'm actually not worried about Amber's baby.  I'm not confident she's going to be a decent parent or anything, but for some reason I think she might do okay with a baby.  I am not sure she can raise a person very well but I think the baby part will work out.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I agree. I don't know why, but I think this baby will be even worse off than Jenelle's kids. I don't necessarily think Jenelle is a better mother (or perhaps I should say a less shitty mother), but for some reason I can't figure out, I really think this baby is at an even worse disadvantage than Kaiser and Ensley.

In Jenelle's kids' case, they at least have each other. You can hope they have a Glass Castle kind of success - the kids band together and protect each other and help each other get out of there one day and live completely opposite of how they were raised. 

Amber's baby won't have that. She won't have any solidarity. She'll have the crazy stalker dad and the anger-prone slob of a mother. And ten thousand dogs peeing all over the house. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, MissMel said:

You can't just drop this and not name names, @Calm81.  I'm gonna need a little more info here.

I'm actually not worried about Amber's baby.  I'm not confident she's going to be a decent parent or anything, but for some reason I think she might do okay with a baby.  I am not sure she can raise a person very well but I think the baby part will work out.

Lol. It was Corey Feldman.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Lol. It was Corey Feldman.

Ew. I used to think he was okay, then I happened to catch his Celebrity Wife Swap episode, and he was BEYOND skeevy.

I did love on The Surreal Life though when he called all his roommates murderers for eating fish. I mean, not that I would do that, but it was just so ludicrous it was funny.

• Love 7

Surreal Life and the Real World. Those were the days. 

I still laugh thinking about Vern Troyer peeing while drunk in the hallway while Da Brat is looking on and telling him, "That ain't the bathroom, baby." lol Good times. 

*checking to see if Surreal Life is available on DVD* 

• Love 17

Amber’s anger can go from 0-100 in no time. I guess that’s why she’s attaching herself to creepy, angry men. No place for a baby. At least Leah can go HOME and tattle on her. 

One would hope that she’s changed since her raging days when Leah was little, but that attacking Farrah debacle proved just the opposite. I want to like her, and I actually think she can be quite kind (she was the only one not judging Farrah until Matt screwed that all up). And her sense of humor can be kind of sarcastic snarky. But nothing will ever change because she’s a slut puppy (not really, just a shout-out to old school Gary).

I wonder if the older couple are still her friends now that Matt is gone? Krystal should just adopt that baby now. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Tatum said:

Ew. I used to think he was okay, then I happened to catch his Celebrity Wife Swap episode, and he was BEYOND skeevy.

I did love on The Surreal Life though when he called all his roommates murderers for eating fish. I mean, not that I would do that, but it was just so ludicrous it was funny.

Corey is definitely a bit out there, but I can't help but feel bad for him, after the abuse he endured as a young boy in Hollywood. 

I miss Surreal Life so much!!!!

20 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

One would hope that she’s changed since her raging days when Leah was little, but that attacking Farrah debacle proved just the opposite

And there was that scene where she got pissed at Matt and chased him out to the street and was acting all belligerent. She really hasn't changed much. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Corey is definitely a bit out there, but I can't help but feel bad for him, after the abuse he endured as a young boy in Hollywood. 

I miss Surreal Life so much!!!!

And there was that scene where she got pissed at Matt and chased him out to the street and was acting all belligerent. She really hasn't changed much. 

Exactly! He’s a bit out there because of Hollywood and the people that raised him. It’s all in his book. Sad. I teared up reading it and it was nicely written unlike these Teen mom “writers” books.

• Love 7