Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

I think Matt's supposed "addiction" is also a convenient way to plead stupidity when it comes to his hoard of offspring. "I dunno babe, I might have had a baby with her. I was just so damn high...."

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Birdee said:

I think Matt's supposed "addiction" is also a convenient way to plead stupidity when it comes to his hoard of offspring. "I dunno babe, I might have had a baby with her. I was just so damn high...."

Maybe, except he came right out of the gate telling Amber he was an addict. It fits more with his con game to have an attachment to Amber. He knew what her weakness was, and what better lie to tell her than him having been an addict. He knows she won't judge him for that because she was there herself. If anything, he may have actually told Amber that the women were addicts themselves.  Before he met Amber, he also "wrote" a book under a different name and claimed to have survived sexual abuse.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

If anything, Amber should say she is "clean". 

I am of the belief Amber is not drinking wine for the reasons any one of us would drink wine. I think she holds back some while the cameras are around.

Matt is just a liar. I don't believe he was ever an addict or alcoholic.

@AmyFarrahFowler congratulations on the hard work to get where you are today. I am sure the "old" you is a wonderful you. Going by your posts here, you have a great sense of humor.

Thanks Kazu! That really means so much :)

• Love 3

Matt has always given me skeevy manipulator vibes, but something he said in the last episode really added to that even more. When he said he wouldn't care if Amber were 900 pounds, not only was that manipulative (because we all know his history) in that he 'appeared' to be saying he'd love her no matter what she looked like, but I think he wouldn't hate it if Amber actually were that size. That way he could control her even more, and she'd probably leave the house even less often, leaving him a) more money and b) more opportunities to spend it without her knowledge. Just a thought I had.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, monicageller said:

Matt has always given me skeevy manipulator vibes, but something he said in the last episode really added to that even more. When he said he wouldn't care if Amber were 900 pounds, not only was that manipulative (because we all know his history) in that he 'appeared' to be saying he'd love her no matter what she looked like, but I think he wouldn't hate it if Amber actually were that size. That way he could control her even more, and she'd probably leave the house even less often, leaving him a) more money and b) more opportunities to spend it without her knowledge. Just a thought I had.

True, true, and true.

And I think most people would care if out partners gained a massive amount of weight.  Of course I'm not going to leave my husband if he puts on 20 pounds but if he gains 200 pounds and he doesn't have a medical issue then we would definitely be having a conversation about that. That's not what I signed up for. 

• Love 5

Right on. 

34 minutes ago, poopchute said:

And I think most people would care if out partners gained a massive amount of weight.  Of course I'm not going to leave my husband if he puts on 20 pounds but if he gains 200 pounds and he doesn't have a medical issue then we would definitely be having a conversation about that. That's not what I signed up for. 

It's my responsibility to my marriage and my family to do what I can within reason to live a long and healthy life. My wife and I lost a combined 100 lbs like four years ago, and of course, some of it comes back, but doing that together with each other's support allows us now to address that topic, which is normally too sensitive, with each other. She'll say things like "I noticed some of those 36's are back out" or we'll joke about who had that third slice of pizza. It's because we love each other and both of us want to stay attractive for the other, not to mention live as long as we can to watch the kids grow up, to be there for them when they need us. Saying "I don't care how fat you get" is not love, it's negligence. I don't want my wife to die early, just like she doesn't want me to. 

• Love 8
On October 2, 2016 at 6:47 PM, AhFillAck said:

Damn this box !! 

$900.00 dollars for 3-4 back to school outfits ??? For a 7 year old ?????   I had to laugh at Greaseball Matt whipping out a charge card of Ambers money.  If I were Gary id take that shit back to the "boutique" , get the refund and go buy 30 outfits for Leah at Target.    Clowns!!!

• Love 5

I can't recall spending 900 on back to school clothes, ever. Maybe when my three needed them all at the same time? 

I shoul say my youngest  is 24 and prices of course are different.

One Art class for Leah without a smock......ha!

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

How did Matt ever find a publisher willing to take on his "book?"

Matt should have Farrah write his book lmao  she's got a way with words 

• Love 5

I remember when I was Leah's age. I would get up at 5:30 a.m. On weekends I would be up at 6 a.m. I would wonder why everyone else slept so late. Late as in being in bed until 8 a.m. Back then we only had 10 channels with only 1 devoted to kids' programming. There I was watching the Bugs Bunny Show or the Saturday morning kids shows. Nowadays, it is all about Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Netflix, the internet, devices, tablets, my god it is never-ending.

Leah is likely up very early every day of the week and wonders, like I did, why are the adults still sleeping. She is so cute. Gary has always been a hands-on dad. I remember how he was the one up through the night tending to Leah when she was an infant, and it continued when Leah was a toddler. All Amber did was bitch about not ever getting her sleep. Gary is likely still that hands on dad, helping Kristina in the night with their daughter. Nothing wrong with any parent sleeping in on weekends. Gary is not sleeping in on week days since he has to take Leah to school. The thing is, he didn't complain to Leah about her comment. Amber would have defended herself and wondered why Leah would say such a thing.

• Love 17

lol, Splain, when I grew up in 1970/80's UK, we had THREE channels, and the 2 hour round of cartoons on a Saturday morning, my dad called, "American shite!" Then he'd spend his Sundays watching Bonanza, Highway to Heaven Hart to Hart. Cheeky sod.
My daughter used to get up before us and do helpful things like cut her own hair or paint the VCR with her little Dollar Tree palette. Yeah, I can see how Leah would be bored. I bet Kristina is out of bed before Gary, though.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

. Nothing wrong with any parent sleeping in on weekends. Gary is not sleeping in on week days since he has to take Leah to school. The thing is, he didn't complain to Leah about her comment. Amber would have defended herself and wondered why Leah would say such a thing.

That's a good point. Amber can't take any criticism. She totally would have gotten defensive over a comment like that - "What are you TALKING about, BooBoo? I'm always up with you!" But Gary is mature enough to know that kids are honest and it's not necessarily a big deal. I'm an early riser by nature, but my kids are now old enough that if they got up before us it wouldn't be a huge deal. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That's a good point. Amber can't take any criticism. She totally would have gotten defensive over a comment like that - "What are you TALKING about, BooBoo? I'm always up with you!" But Gary is mature enough to know that kids are honest and it's not necessarily a big deal. I'm an early riser by nature, but my kids are now old enough that if they got up before us it wouldn't be a huge deal. 

I am not an early riser at all. If left to my own devices, I'd sleep until 2pm. (I actually work at night and sometimes don't go to bed until 6 or 7 in the morning but I'd sleep until 2pm even I went to bed at 10.) When my kids were tiny it was torture for me to get up. I was so happy to marry someone who would get up with them and let me sleep in for another hour. I'm not gonna lie-I LOVE to sleep.Since I've been ill over the past few years it's gotten worse; now I HAVE to sleep. Now that my son is older he has taken after me. He's 9 and he'll crawl into bed with me and we'll snuggle until someone screams at us to get us up (usually my daughter).

The difference here is that Amber sleeps all day then does virtually nothing with Leah. Gary "sleeps in" but then continues to actually parent Leah and do fun things with her. I sleep a lot but when I am awake we're doing crap, like art projects, bike riding, watching movies together, etc. It evens out. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I totally heard Amber's voice when I read your quote about Amber asking Booger Butt that question. LOL

Amber does that a lot to that poor child! When Leah is older and expressing herself and asking Amber questions such as, "Why was Matt your priority?", Amber will explode.

• Love 12

Is it normal to continue to take medication as a recovering addict?

For a person with bipolar disorder, medication is vital.  My daughter is in recovery from a bad drug addiction, but without her medication, she wouldn't be able to maintain sobriety.  Exactly as said above, many people with mental illnesses self-medicate in an effort to feel "normal".  I thank God my daughter has finally found a combination of medicines that enable her to live a "normal" life, it's truly life-saving.

I wish the same would happen for Amber; she may be on a combination that works for her, but it's clear her self-esteem is in the toilet.  Counseling would be really good for her.

• Love 4

Now, I know I've copped to being a massive shopaholic here, so I *love* me a good shopping scene...but Amber's spree at Piper wasn't aspirational a la Kyle & Portia on RHOBH...it wasn't even the cringe-y can't-look-away when Teresa was buying furniture w/cash on RHONJ.

we were all just like "don't be dumb!! go to Target like a normal person!!"

• Love 10
1 hour ago, teapot said:

Now, I know I've copped to being a massive shopaholic here, so I *love* me a good shopping scene...but Amber's spree at Piper wasn't aspirational a la Kyle & Portia on RHOBH...it wasn't even the cringe-y can't-look-away when Teresa was buying furniture w/cash on RHONJ.

we were all just like "don't be dumb!! go to Target like a normal person!!"

Obviously Wal-Mart is no longer the place Amber goes to like she did for her shopping and fighting needs. It is not even good enough for her to get her engagement rings.

2nknsy9.jpg

How about going to your child's school and volunteer there at least three times a week? How about cutting off that tumor called Matt and putting your daughter first. You have nothing else going on. Cate, Tyler, and Amber are all suffering from the same damn disease. I swear to God these people make me sick.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Obviously Wal-Mart is no longer the place Amber goes to like she did for her shopping and fighting needs. It is not even good enough for her to get her engagement rings.

2nknsy9.jpg

How about going to your child's school and volunteer there at least three times a week? How about cutting off that tumor called Matt and putting your daughter first. You have nothing else going on. Cate, Tyler, and Amber are all suffering from the same damn disease. I swear to God these people make me sick.

also, we see her in that pink dress a lot.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Schools here require clearances to volunteer. I wonder if Amber would pass?

As if she has tried to find out whether she could volunteer or not.  Amber doesn't do more than she has to when it comes to Leah.

I once worked at a school and there were two parents who had done prison time (addiction-related). They were both allowed to volunteer in their kids' classrooms. As long as parents didn't serve time for crimes related to children, then they were allowed to volunteer. School districts in my area realize that a lot of parents may have drug issues and may have done time for those issues. As long as they are clean/sober, and have not committed any more offenses, and of course, are not involved in any criminal activity, they are open to letting parents be volunteers.

• Love 4

There it is right there^^^^^.  No cameras, no thanks.

Also, the school doesn't have couches in the classroom for Amber to sprawl her ass on.

Will Amber's new boutique specialize in couch throws or cover-ups?

• Love 13
5 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

As if she has tried to find out whether she could volunteer or not.  Amber doesn't do more than she has to when it comes to Leah.

I once worked at a school and there were two parents who had done prison time (addiction-related). They were both allowed to volunteer in their kids' classrooms. As long as parents didn't serve time for crimes related to children, then they were allowed to volunteer. School districts in my area realize that a lot of parents may have drug issues and may have done time for those issues. As long as they are clean/sober, and have not committed any more offenses, and of course, are not involved in any criminal activity, they are open to letting parents be volunteers.

If our school system did not allow parents with a drug/arrest history to volunteer then they would not hardly have any volunteers at all. Half the county has done time.

• Love 1

I have no idea what Leah's school district's policy is on volunteers that have done hard time, but I agree with @SPLAIN that it's extremely unlikely that Amber even bothered to find out if volunteering was an option. Granted, Amber could have made a phone call or fired off an email from her position on the couch, so it's not physically impossible she did, but I think in the back of her mind Amber would worry that if the school said they'd take her, well now she has to follow through.

Plus Amber probably feels she's too big of a celebrity to work in a school...all those third graders hounding her for an autograph would create too much "stress".

• Love 7

She's not going to drive an hour to "work for free."  If she cared about her child's education, she would ingrain herself within the school's community.  Hell, even neckbeard Taylor coaches Bentley's baseball team. 

• Love 8

The only issue I have with Geery, and it's not really an issue, because I think he's a good parent, is that I wish he'd waited until they were off camera to remind lil Leah about brushing her teeth. Only because I know kids can be real assholes. She's already been filmed in her underwear, thanks to MTV. Her mom was shown beating the hell out of her dad. She's such a sweet kid, I'd hate for her to be teased about her hygiene. Let them tease Matt. He deserves it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

The only issue I have with Geery, and it's not really an issue, because I think he's a good parent, is that I wish he'd waited until they were off camera to remind lil Leah about brushing her teeth. Only because I know kids can be real assholes. She's already been filmed in her underwear, thanks to MTV. Her mom was shown beating the hell out of her dad. She's such a sweet kid, I'd hate for her to be teased about her hygiene. Let them tease Matt. He deserves it.

or when they filmed her talking about peeing her pants and keeping it from the teacher?  that stuff *stays* with you!

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, teapot said:

or when they filmed her talking about peeing her pants and keeping it from the teacher?  that stuff *stays* with you!

Oh god yes. Happened to me when I was Leah's age. The office kept a supply of clothes from the lost and found I guess. But they were from decades before. When I was Leah's age, it was like 83-84. Hard to explain why you're wearing a pair of plaid polyester bell bottoms with a Thriller t-shirt. 

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:10 AM, Katt said:

lol, Splain, when I grew up in 1970/80's UK, we had THREE channels, and the 2 hour round of cartoons on a Saturday morning, my dad called, "American shite!" Then he'd spend his Sundays watching Bonanza, Highway to Heaven Hart to Hart. Cheeky sod.
My daughter used to get up before us and do helpful things like cut her own hair or paint the VCR with her little Dollar Tree palette. Yeah, I can see how Leah would be bored. I bet Kristina is out of bed before Gary, though.

I remember always being the first one up when I was little too.  Not too much to do.  Fortunately we  moved in with my mom's boyfriend who was an early riser like me.  He started taking me to McDonald's in the mornings for breakfast at like, 6:30 a.m.  I don't know who was more grateful, me or my mother.  He's still my stepdad, more than 30 years later.  :)

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 9

Every adult (even our PTA president and our subs) go through "Lobby Guard" daily to get into the classroom part of our building. Leah, as a convicted felon would not be allowed in unless she petitioned the school board. Not saying it's right, just saying.

9 hours ago, Tatum said:

I have no idea what Leah's school district's policy is on volunteers that have done hard time, but I agree with @SPLAIN that it's extremely unlikely that Amber even bothered to find out if volunteering was an option. Granted, Amber could have made a phone call or fired off an email from her position on the couch, so it's not physically impossible she did, but I think in the back of her mind Amber would worry that if the school said they'd take her, well now she has to follow through.

I agree. I don't think Amber has bothered to check. If she did, I think we'd be hearing about it as part of Amber's storyline:

"The schools make it so hard for people like me who have changed their lives!"

"I can't be a volunteer at Leah's school because they are judging me based on my past and having gone to prison!"

Matt: "I hear ya, mama. We get judged for every little thing. People run to the tabloids and spread lies about me!!"

Amber hasn't bothered to check because she doesn't want to volunteer, period. It would mean having to get her fat ass up early in the morning, which ain't happening. She never got up in the middle of the night for Leah, why is she going to bother getting up early in the morning for her now?

BTW our district is a bit strict regarding volunteers being in the actual classroom, however, that doesn't mean the parents cannot be in their kids' lives somehow. They find other ways to volunteer their time such as in the office, the cafeteria, or the school library.  There is always PTA or something similar along those lines.

Edit: Just did a quick check. This is from a site showing the information for the Indiana School District dated 2013. I don't know Amber's actual area or Leah's school district, but just wanted to point out a snippet of what is on there:

The goal is to identify parents or relatives with worrisome criminal records and prevent them from having opportunities to interact with kids. Individuals with a history of violent crimes or drug dealing would be examples of the types of people that the school district is seeking to exclude. The background check will be carried out by school secretaries who will have access to the Indiana State Police background check system.

Amber was charged with DV, and pled guilty.

@jacksgirl it is Amber who is a felon, not Leah. :-)

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

When my kids were little, I was not able to volunteer much in the classroom, because I have a J-O-B, not because I was busy laying on my couch. Instead, I ran our Box Tops program for 4 years. It was a way for me to contribute while being a FT working mom. Do you hear that, Ambah ?

• Love 5

Chicago Chris,  we love our Box Top mom. Lots of tiny cutting and counting. I'd love to sent stuff home to a mom like Ambie.  I always need cutting and/or tracing done, especially with holiday projects. She could sit on get sofa and work......

• Love 2

Back in my days, our schools had us kids bring in the Campbell's Soup labels. Did anyone else do that?

Amber did her parenting for the rest of the year when she took Leah shopping. Why did Matt have to be there? Why is Matt always driving? Why is that asshole in every scene?

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Why is that asshole in every scene?

This is the biggest score of his lifetime.  He will NEVER let Amber go.  I'm surprised if he lets her use the toilet with the door shut.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I agree. I don't think Amber has bothered to check. If she did, I think we'd be hearing about it as part of Amber's storyline:

"The schools make it so hard for people like me who have changed their lives!"

"I can't be a volunteer at Leah's school because they are judging me based on my past and having gone to prison!"

Matt: "I hear ya, mama. We get judged for every little thing. People run to the tabloids and spread lies about me!!"

Amber hasn't bothered to check because she doesn't want to volunteer, period. It would mean having to get her fat ass up early in the morning, which ain't happening. She never got up in the middle of the night for Leah, why is she going to bother getting up early in the morning for her now?

BTW our district is a bit strict regarding volunteers being in the actual classroom, however, that doesn't mean the parents cannot be in their kids' lives somehow. They find other ways to volunteer their time such as in the office, the cafeteria, or the school library.  There is always PTA or something similar along those lines.

Edit: Just did a quick check. This is from a site showing the information for the Indiana School District dated 2013. I don't know Amber's actual area or Leah's school district, but just wanted to point out a snippet of what is on there:

Amber was charged with DV, and pled guilty.

@jacksgirl it is Amber who is a felon, not Leah. :-)

I tend to doubt the school would let her volunteer, even if she wanted to (which we know she doesn't). Aside from being a convicted felon, and that it was a violent crime, Amber may still be on parole. She was sentenced to 5 years in prison in 2012 and served less than a year and a half. Wouldn't she remain on parole until the 5 years was up?

• Love 1

The conditions of her early jail release are that “Amber will have to report to a parole officer,” Indiana Dept. of Corrections officer Douglas Garrison told In Touch Weekly. “The parole officer will make sure she finds employment, that she is living in an appropriate situation and that she is staying clean. Amber will have to check in a couple of times a month with her parole officer. If she violates anything, she could go back to jail.”

There are about twenty different stipulations to Amber’s parole agreement, but most importantly, “Amber will be subject to random drug tests, and she is not allowed to live with felons,” Garrison asserted.

I can't find anything that gives a date for the end of parole.

• Love 1

She has employment.  Amber earns $300,000+ to film scenes where she sits on her couch and bitches or Matt drives her places to spend her money.  If I was an uneducated felon without any special skills or work experience, I'd pick the camera over working McDonalds drive-thru.

(If I had Amber's money, I'd travel the world.  There is so much to see and experience.  I couldn't imagine wasting a single day on that rotten sofa or with that rotten man-child.)

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The conditions of her early jail release are that “Amber will have to report to a parole officer,” Indiana Dept. of Corrections officer Douglas Garrison told In Touch Weekly. “The parole officer will make sure she finds employment, that she is living in an appropriate situation and that she is staying clean. Amber will have to check in a couple of times a month with her parole officer. If she violates anything, she could go back to jail.”

There are about twenty different stipulations to Amber’s parole agreement, but most importantly, “Amber will be subject to random drug tests, and she is not allowed to live with felons,” Garrison asserted.

I can't find anything that gives a date for the end of parole.

Interesting...very interesting

• Love 1