Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, brillia79 said:

What material things? Coltee won’t even give her the basics like air conditioning in a hot ass car in the desert. It was a $17,000 car she wanted, not a Tesla. Or a wedding dress that cost more than $30 and hadn’t been worn by someone else. Or a non-Debbie approved sofa to go with that jukebox. Coltee isn’t allowed to spend anything because it angers Debbie. And I guess we’re supposed to pretend that ring Larissa flushed is part of the Koh I Noor diamond, rather than a cubic zirconia trinket.

The whole concept of Larissa as a gold digger is a joke. She has so much to learn from Anfisa.

Oh I'm not siding with Coltee nor did I call her a gold digger.  They both believe their point of views on materials things....they just happen to be polar opposites yet Coltee wanted her for sex and she wanted to come to America.

Coltee was driving that beater before she even got here and his choices are frugal and weird to most.  She was whining from the start that she wanted to come over NOW and why didn't Coltee buy her a plane ticket tomorrow because that would somehow show his love for her.  And his calm psycho voice tried to tell her that it was more expensive to fly the next day instead of a week later and she said "I don't care."  They were disconnected from the start.

I don't think that Larissa flushed that ring down the toilet.  That goes against her personality of what we've seen so far.   I'd believe it if she said she took it to a jeweler and they told her it was worthless and THEN she flushed it down the toilet.  But then the show would have made a production out of it so I'm less inclined to believe that too.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

Libby is a spoiled child who needs to grow up.  She's been coddled by her family who buys her loyalty and acceptance of their intrusion with financial support.  Andrei is right to expect that her family step back, but it's hard to make those kinds of demands like a grown up when they're bankrolling you.  I don't understand why Libby's family isn't mad at her for not being able to support herself and for bringing a baby into the situation.  

I agree. Her family is ugh. I like Andrei, but I did find it off-putting when he made a big deal about not having anyone there for the ultrasound, etc., but the FIRST thing he said after they found out it was a girl was "I wish my family could be here to see this." Goes both ways, dude. Also, Gender Reveal Parties are a somewhat new arrival on the pre-baby celebration scene, even in "Western culture." How did these two meet again? I forget and don't care enough to look back. LOL

Pedro needs to put Chantal and her godforsaken family in his rear view. They are the worst. So insulting with the bad Spanish, thinking he'd want to be a plantain farmer, etc. So fake -- we'd like you to come to dinner (all sweet). Meet Shocky (evil). Winter's bf needs to ghost now, while he has a chance. I like Pedro. He's been used and abused.

Pao is over the top with her "don't leave me alone with the Okies" drama. She acts like his parents threatened her or something. I missed their first season, so granted -- I don't know what really went on -- but if it all boils down to being asked not to swan around the house in sexy nighties, c'mon! I'm sure they're lovely people being painted in a very negative way. And if previews are accurate, she is more than an hour late to the baby shower her in-laws went to the trouble to throw for her? Rude, selfish bitch. Way to burn your bridges.

Colt & Debbie: A Love Story needs to go back to a twosome. Free Larissa. What a house of horrors.

Nicole (x2), Ashley, Tarik, et. al. YAWN.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

Colt may well be a jerk, but Larissa could have gotten much more if she’d toned down the materialistic attitude and idea that money grows on trees in the US. 

“Where are my flowers?” Were practically the first words out of her mouth, followed by “Its too hot” and “ the house is too small”

There’s  no redeeming yourself after that. 

The one thing I can say for Larissa is that she is generally clear about what she wants.  I suspect the expectation of flowers were discussed in advance and Colt, as I suspect he has often done, said one thing, delivered something else, and then played victim when called on it.

I also would imagine that "software engineer" combined with promises that she could have what she wanted in the United States gave her the impression that Colt was well off.  The software engineers I've known have been pretty well off.  But maybe not in Vegas?

I know that I've never behaved so poorly when I've been promised x but gotten y.  But I know I've certainly felt the way larissa behaved when I've been made promises that the other person failed to deliver on.

I don't have a problem with her being materialistic, as she has been fairly up front about it, and has handled dashed expectations pretty well.  I have a far bigger issue with Colt lying and misrepresenting his financial situation to get her to drop any other guys she may have had 

• Love 6

Haven't read all the comments yet so apologies if this is redundant but one of the articles about Azan and Nicole last season said he had girls in Morocco, England, Korea and Japan in addition to the one he spent time with in Russia.  Maybe he overstayed his welcome in Korea, too. 

Chantal's ignorance boggles the mind.  She wants everyone to get along yet says things to her family like she has no idea why he's going back to "the Dominican".  How about finding out more from him before broadcasting it to her parents - Sherlock Homeboys.  She's such an ish starter.  Dude never had a chance with them, mainly because of her. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Chantal's ignorance boggles the mind.  She wants everyone to get along yet says things to her family like she has no idea why he's going back to "the Dominican".  How about finding out more from him before broadcasting it to her parents - Sherlock Homeboys.  She's such an ish starter.  Dude never had a chance with them, mainly because of her. 

Agree 100%. Its almost like Pedro isn't a person at all. He's a prop. She doesn't ask him how he feels about anything--or if she does, she whines that he needs to apologize to her brother. It has never occurred to her tiny reptile brain that Pedro has a side to the story, never mind that her precious brother started it. She's so used to being the spoiled princess of her family she can't imagine why she's not getting her way.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Haven't read all the comments yet so apologies if this is redundant but one of the articles about Azan and Nicole last season said he had girls in Morocco, England, Korea and Japan in addition to the one he spent time with in Russia.  Maybe he overstayed his welcome in Korea, too. 

Pedro hasn’t seen his family in a year and a half. Why is it strange that he wants to visit them? He loves them as much as she loves her family. He works two jobs, she’s driving around in a nice car, has nice clothes, makeup, hair and nails done and going to school.  They were looking at a nice place in Savannah. But they can’t afford for him to go to the DR for a month or two? Like he said get a job while he’s away and help out. And why is she even talking about a baby when she has school to finish. At least he has the sense to say no way to a kid. He’d better take care with birth control, I can see her accidentally getting knocked up. 

Cant wait till Pillow Talk rips Mama Chantel a new one. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

That was pretty good comedy with Nicole at the recruiter!!!   She is ridiculously tone deaf.

MAKE SURE YOU TELL THE EMPLOYER I WILL NOT BE AROUND,  I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANYTHING LONG TERM, I WON'T BE HERE IN A WEEK OR DAYS OR MONTHS...

I HAVE NO COLLEGE DEGREE, I HAVE NOT FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL, I CANNOT USE A COMPUTER,  I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE,  I HAVE A YOUNG CHILD AND A MOROCCAN BOWLING BALL AROUND MY NECK, I NEED MONEY SO SOMEONE NEEDS TO GIVE ME SOME.  WAH

WHEN DO I START?

MOROCCAN BOWLING BALL AROUND MY NECK?!! I'm ded! That was a good one! Thank you for that. Not to mention its a self imposed bowling ball. If she gave him the heave-ho and cut off his money supply he'd be gone lickety-split.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Debbie and Coltee looked very strange at the Mexican restaurant dining together!  Very strange.

Nicole looked ridiculous at that employment office interview!  Does she think anybody will hire her?  She's in love with a gigilo!  Poor Mae.

Spending thanksgiving with the family Chantil would surely be a dream come true!  NOT!!!

• Love 3

Finally got a chance to watch the episode.

If they ever needed a group photo to illustrate "delusional," I think we'd all nominate ALL of these people as models.

Mommy Chantal makes me crazy.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I agree. Her family is ugh. I like Andrei, but I did find it off-putting when he made a big deal about not having anyone there for the ultrasound, etc., but the FIRST thing he said after they found out it was a girl was "I wish my family could be here to see this." Goes both ways, dude. Also, Gender Reveal Parties are a somewhat new arrival on the pre-baby celebration scene, even in "Western culture." How did these two meet again? I forget and don't care enough to look back. LOL

Pedro needs to put Chantal and her godforsaken family in his rear view. They are the worst. So insulting with the bad Spanish, thinking he'd want to be a plantain farmer, etc. So fake -- we'd like you to come to dinner (all sweet). Meet Shocky (evil). Winter's bf needs to ghost now, while he has a chance. I like Pedro. He's been used and abused.

Pao is over the top with her "don't leave me alone with the Okies" drama. She acts like his parents threatened her or something. I missed their first season, so granted -- I don't know what really went on -- but if it all boils down to being asked not to swan around the house in sexy nighties, c'mon! I'm sure they're lovely people being painted in a very negative way. And if previews are accurate, she is more than an hour late to the baby shower her in-laws went to the trouble to throw for her? Rude, selfish bitch. Way to burn your bridges.

Colt & Debbie: A Love Story needs to go back to a twosome. Free Larissa. What a house of horrors.

Nicole (x2), Ashley, Tarik, et. al. YAWN.

Nicole 4x

ftfy

19 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Also, Coltee is the reincarnation of Ed Gein.  The dynamic between him and his mother is sick and revolting.

OMG, you’re right! I’m actually listening to a podcast about Ed Gein right now. Good observation! I can’t unsee it! 

Now I’m wondering if Coltee’s womanly body is actually his “woman suit”..... *shudder*

20 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

That was pretty good comedy with Nicole at the recruiter!!!   She is ridiculously tone deaf.

MAKE SURE YOU TELL THE EMPLOYER I WILL NOT BE AROUND,  I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANYTHING LONG TERM, I WON'T BE HERE IN A WEEK OR DAYS OR MONTHS...

I HAVE NO COLLEGE DEGREE, I HAVE NOT FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL, I CANNOT USE A COMPUTER,  I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE,  I HAVE A YOUNG CHILD AND A MOROCCAN BOWLING BALL AROUND MY NECK, I NEED MONEY SO SOMEONE NEEDS TO GIVE ME SOME.  WAH

WHEN DO I START?

Sadly, I’ve sat through an interview or two like that. I actually interviewed someone who, in addition to coming off like Nicole, complained the whole time about her current employer and told me the only reason she applied for the job was because she wanted more money. Then, at the end, had the audacity to basically ask me when she would start. Um, not an f-ing  chance. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Saje81 said:

OMG, you’re right! I’m actually listening to a podcast about Ed Gein right now. Good observation! I can’t unsee it! 

Now I’m wondering if Coltee’s womanly body is actually his “woman suit”..... *shudder*

Sadly, I’ve sat through an interview or two like that. I actually interviewed someone who, in addition to coming off like Nicole, complained the whole time about her current employer and told me the only reason she applied for the job was because she wanted more money. Then, at the end, had the audacity to basically ask me when she would start. Um, not an f-ing  chance. 

I really started thinking “this bitch is going to ask for an advance, so she can go on vacation, and work it off when she returns”

All she wanted was to be able to tell a stranger that she had a fiancé in Morocco and she was going on vacation there to get laid.  She wants that whole romantic drama thing of walking around arm in arm, stopping to suck face on the street corner, and letting everyone around know that “Nicole got a man” and “ that man wants her”

I wonder who is paying the rent on that mobile home she and her siblings live in? Step daddy? Maybe he doesn’t want them in his house. Mommy? Daddy? Government handouts? 

• Love 2

I'm guessing the only money Nicole is getting is from the government or maybe some money from baby daddy.  I would think Mom would have had enough by now.  I'm kind of surprised brother and sister let her move in with them but then again maybe the trailer belongs to parents and they decide who's in and who's out.  Better than taking them into their own homes.

I forgot their is probably some show money coming in to.  But I bet that mostly goes over to Azan to keep him dangling.  He like the money and she likes to think he gives a dam!

Nicole is so demanding and priviledged acting.  Who does she think she is? 

• Love 3
(edited)

That goodness this isn't my 600 pound life cause I'm eating nothing but junk food. Don't know if I can last last the full 2 hours of this. Like pillow talk so much much better!

Edited by hoosiermom
  • Love 1
Just now, hoosiermom said:

That goodness this isn't my 600 pound life cause I'm eating nothing but junk food. Don't know if I can last last the full 2 hours od this. Like pillow talk so much much better!

Me tooo, maybe that’s why it’s so quiet, everyone has defected to pillow talk

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

This poor couple, Chantal is going to passive aggressively make digs at Pedro all night.

Nothing passive aggressive there. It’s sll Pedro’s fault. The poor guy can’t win. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Pao is one passive aggressive bitch. Who the fuck decides to get their nails done ON THE WAY to the baby shower. And you know she’s going to have to get a more time consuming gel manicure because no way can she open presents when her nails are tacky after a regular manicure.

Pao  hoping to fix a relationship with Russes parents by being an hour late to the baby shower. Dumb heifer.

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 16