Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Somehow between snowboarding and paddleboarding EBR gets time to film 715. 

That’s the police station set, right? So presumably Oliver is still working there? All the sighs...

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Trisha said:

That’s the police station set, right? So presumably Oliver is still working there? All the sighs...

Tbh I took it more as Felicity is still involved in those plots, which is what people were concerned about

13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What's EBR doing at the set though?

Filming?

Sadly I think Oliver working for the SCPD is really his job for good now or at least the rest of the season. Kinda sucks because it means more Dinah but also because it’s just...weird. IDK. Not a fan at all. 

21 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Sadly I think Oliver working for the SCPD is really his job for good now or at least the rest of the season. Kinda sucks because it means more Dinah but also because it’s just...weird. IDK. Not a fan at all. 

Yep. Especially the bold. I don’t need any part of Arrow to start feeling like a procedural drama. I watch the NCIS shows and Criminal Minds and shows like that for that. I don’t need to have a dose of Castle with my Arrow. 

But to be honest? Dinah is the main reason I hate this because probably every time we see Oliver at “work,” she’s going to be there. I really hope Oliver’s getting paid good money for this. 

• Love 11

Oliver working with the police is just kinda lame. It makes this whole show some kind of weird, arrow themed Castle knockoff with Oliver and Dinah. “He’s a world weary vigilante who’s known for his terrible life choices! She’s a vengeance loving cop who’s known for her resting bitch face! Together, they fight crime!” 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Oliver working with the police is just kinda lame. It makes this whole show some kind of weird, arrow themed Castle knockoff with Oliver and Dinah. “He’s a world weary vigilante who’s known for his terrible life choices! She’s a vengeance loving cop who’s known for her resting bitch face! Together, they fight crime!” 

That show would get cancelled. 😂

I won’t be able to watch the next few episodes but I think I’d be skipping them anyway by the sounds of it. 😴

Edited by Guest

Beth, no matter how much you try to talk him up, there is nothing about Diaz that's "fun" or "priceless," unless you're referring to him 3D printing an anvil, tying it to his ankle, and jumping into a very deep body of water.

Also:

“We’re kind of opening up our world a little because we’ve only our characters in the future Star City, [which] has looked a little glum,” says Schwartz. “[The Glades] is much nicer than Star City"

It's...even dumber than I could've imagined, LOL.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 15

So based on that interview, it sounds like they're setting up Emiko as a love interest for Rene. He's been rehabilitated a bit this season, but not enough that I want him to get his own storyline. 

This is the strangest way to try to drum up excitement for the show's return. Instead of talking about the characters we actually care about, Beth is focusing on one we barely know, a villain who's universally hated, and flash-forwards that even they seem to acknowledge are too glum. 

Also, this has a glimpse of cute Olicity stuff:

Edited by Trisha
12 minutes ago, Trisha said:

This is the strangest way to try to drum up excitement for the show's return.

It's the storylines that they were left on in 708 (with any Olicity being either resolved in 709 or teased for 7b in the post-709 interview Beth gave), so I'm guessing that's what the thought process was, like less "they're doubling down on things everyone hates or isn't exciting enough!!1!1" and more "they are just talking about what's literally coming up next in the story." 

38 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

“We’re kind of opening up our world a little because we’ve only our characters in the future Star City, [which] has looked a little glum,” says Schwartz. “[The Glades] is much nicer than Star City"

Listen, the Glades could look like Dubai, and I still won't care as long as they're focusing on characters IDGAF about.

20 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Laurel's snide constipated face throughout that interview is making me LOL. 

What is KC even doing in those scenes?  Anyway, I assume Oliver and Laurel are being interviewed on a show where the topic of the day is "Vigilantes Turned Law Enforcement, For Reasons."

• Love 7

I appreciate that Felicity is brought in to help Oliver but I won't be a fan of her being stuck in the apartment most of the time if this keeps up.  And just to keep putting it out there, she needs to be in his ear, not just hanging at home waiting for the hubby to bring home special side projects.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

What is KC even doing in those scenes?

I'm sure this isn't the case, but it honestly looks like she's there to do a Meet the Press-style rebuttal of Oliver's pro-Green Arrow talking points on behalf of the mayoral administration.

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm sure this isn't the case, but it honestly looks like she's there to do a Meet the Press-style rebuttal of Oliver's pro-Green Arrow talking points on behalf of the mayoral administration.

That would be stupid, but it's the only thing that might explain why she looks so smirky and antagonistic. But it would also be hilariously dumb for the mayoral administration to publicly be fighting the SCPD. 

26 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I appreciate that Felicity is brought in to help Oliver but I won't be a fan of her being stuck in the apartment most of the time if this keeps up.  And just to keep putting it out there, she needs to be in his ear, not just hanging at home waiting for the hubby to bring home special side projects.

This worries me too. Both of the scenes of her in the new trailer make it seem like she's in the apartment, talking only to Oliver. If she's sequestered from everyone else and not officially part of his new SCPD team, that sucks. (Also, pants are her new thing, huh?)

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

That would be stupid, but it's the only thing that might explain why she looks so smirky and antagonistic. But it would also be hilariously dumb for the mayoral administration to publicly be fighting the SCPD. 

Yeah, I don't think that's actually it, that's just what it looks like to me based off the body language KC is throwing off there. She could be there in a friendly capacity while also having stinkface. It's honestly tough to tell, LOL. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, I don't think that's actually it, that's just what it looks like to me based off the body language KC is throwing off there. She could be there in a friendly capacity while also having stinkface. It's honestly tough to tell, LOL. 

Yeah, she had that stinkface in 708 too, for no discernible reason. I guess it's BS's default setting.

• Love 4

Obviously things are going to go very, very bad with the Ghost Initiative. (Please let that include Diaz's death. He can take Curtis with him before he leaves.)

And it looks like there's a photo of William on Felicity's desk, the sole purpose of which I suspect is to be the perfect transition to a FF at some point. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

And it looks like there's a photo of William on Felicity's desk, the sole purpose of which I suspect is to be the perfect transition to a FF at some point. 

They already did that in 708 XD

25 minutes ago, Trisha said:

If she's sequestered from everyone else and not officially part of his new SCPD team, that sucks. (Also, pants are her new thing, huh?)

I think the promo was only for 710 and 711, so I wonder if it's just Felicity helps Oliver for those two episodes and then something that comes up circa 713 that brings them all together, since Felicity is at the SCPD in 715.

I'm not looking forward to good episodes for a few weeks.  I felt the first half of the season was fairly strong, but episodes after the winter hiatus are always a bit boring and lackluster.  And a relationship between Rene (a character I barely tolerate) and Emiko (a character I don't know)?  Zzzzzzzzz.  There are too many characters on this show that I don't care about (Dinah, Rene, Curtis), and some that I don't know why they're there (E2 Laurel) even if they are somewhat amusing.  I hate what they've done to Dig this season, I'd rather they concentrate on how to bring him back into the fold.  Oh right, there's no fold anymore.  Just the PCPD.  Wake me up when this is over.

• Love 5

Youtube version - although SpoilerTV titled this video for 710, the CW Arrow tweet (with video) posted upthread did not specify any episode...

Arrow 7x10 Extended Promo "My Name is Emiko Queen"
Published on Jan 16, 2019, by SpoilerTV

Edited by tv echo

From Sweety High interview with KM...

-- KM: "What's great about Arrow is that, you know, this season - with Beth now as the showrunner and James Bamford and all these amazing people who are and have been taking care of the show for so many years - there's a new life to it this season. 'Cause now we have these flashforwards, which we're seeing the product of all of these actions 20 years in the future. And seeing the devolvement of this world all resulting of this - this thing that happened, that I truly don't even know what the 'thing' was, because they won't tell me, because it's so under wraps... Honestly, the hardest part about being a part of Arrow has been keeping all of the secrets... They tell me some [secrets] and I don't know all of them. I'm very good at keeping them. But it's very exciting. And there's a lot to mine out of this character, and the way she grew up, and the way in which she has been a part of this world is very unique."

Kat McNamara Reveals Details About the Final Season of ‘Shadowhunters’
Published on Jan 14, 2019, by SweetyHigh

Edited by tv echo

It's like they were stuck with a two-year contractual commitment to Kirk Acevedo, so they kept throwing him into new configurations. First, he's working with Cayden James and Anatoly, then he's a solo Big Bad, then he's teamed up with the Longbow Hunters, and now he's part of the Ghost Initiative team.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, way2interested said:

They already did that in 708 XD

I think the promo was only for 710 and 711, so I wonder if it's just Felicity helps Oliver for those two episodes and then something that comes up circa 713 that brings them all together, since Felicity is at the SCPD in 715.

I don't anticipate much for Felicity in 10/11 with the focus on Emiko/Diaz/Diggle/Siren. I think we will get more Felicity in the next couple with the increase in FFs. She's the main mystery so I'm thinking she will get some focus in the present for the parallel or something. 

I'm gonna hazard a guess that the Oliver and Laurel interview scene is from 711 and maybe the "past coming back to haunt them" is nothing more than them being GA and BC, even though she's only pretending to be E1 LL and I never really saw BC as making a huge impact on the public, although maybe I've just forgotten. IDK.

23 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Oh, and I won't mind if I don't get it, but I would like to see Oliver bring Felicity flowers at the end of the episode. 

You may get your wish! I immediately noticed the flowers when the promo images first came out, because my mom always filled our house with fresh flowers and I was so pleased to see flowers in Oliver and Felicity's (otherwise terrible) apartment. 

• Love 5

Obviously they're going to bring up that awful statue for E1 LL/BC after she died during that interview, someone's going to be watching and get pissed and target both Oliver and "Laurel" for their roles in the city spending money on something so stupid. 

(Not at all serious. But really, I feel like that would be a valid concern.) 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't anticipate much for Felicity in 10/11 with the focus on Emiko/Diaz/Diggle/Siren. I think we will get more Felicity in the next couple with the increase in FFs. She's the main mystery so I'm thinking she will get some focus in the present for the parallel or something. 

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Like, there's Olicity in 713 and the FF crew seem to be all get together then with some new mission or something (they are all together with different clothes on for filming 713/714), and then 714 is "Brothers and Sisters," so I think that reveals are found out about FF Felicity/Oliver so it has to be paralleled in the present. 

Lyla ain't dead yet!

Can Lyla bring Diaz with her to The Flash and have Cisco accidentally breach him to another Earth and leave him there so we don't have to see him on Arrow anymore? Because all I'm thinking any time I read about him being part of the Ghost Initiative or see him at ARGUS is, "Bad idea. Such a bad idea. Going to go so horribly wrong and Oliver, Felicity and William will be the ones to suffer." 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Star City is so dumb, would it really be that much of a surprise? Lol. They were running dumb administrations before a certain orange idiot made it fashionable.😛

4 hours ago, Trisha said:

So based on that interview, it sounds like they're setting up Emiko as a love interest for Rene. He's been rehabilitated a bit this season, but not enough that I want him to get his own storyline. 

Also, this has a glimpse of cute Olicity stuff:

Having struck out with Thea, I guess Rene will be moving on to Oliver's other sister. Thankfully, Robert seems to have been a habitual cheater, so there may be more out there. 

Pros about the promo:

• Oliver and Felicity working together
  • Oliver in the suit

Cons:

• stupid Argus plot (unless it leads to somewhere tangible) 
  • Oliver being saddled with BS on top of Dinah. Come on, give him a break. 

Is that SC's latest mayor he saves in the precinct? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I'm gonna hazard a guess that the Oliver and Laurel interview scene is from 711 and maybe the "past coming back to haunt them" is nothing more than them being GA and BC, even though she's only pretending to be E1 LL and I never really saw BC as making a huge impact on the public, although maybe I've just forgotten. IDK.

that's actually a good guess. 

3 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Because all I'm thinking any time I read about him being part of the Ghost Initiative or see him at ARGUS is, "Bad idea. Such a bad idea. Going to go so horribly wrong and Oliver, Felicity and William will be the ones to suffer." 

This, so much this! With everyone else that seems to be on the Ghost Intuitive, I can see them having redeeming qualities (although Cupid now knows she was obsessed with Oliver and returned to psycho murdering after being in the Squad so also maybe not the best plan) but Diaz's only goal for months has been to kill Dig's best friends and their son so how does any plan not involving Diaz in a cell seem like a not terrible one? Does he need to wear an "I want to murder Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak and William Clayton" sign for Dig and Lyla to get it? If so, he's so extra that I'm guessing there's an at least 50% chance he actually has one. And even beyond the danger, Oliver and Felicity risked/lost everything to put the bastard behind bars so letting him out/working with him is a huge betrayal and it makes no sense that Dig doesn't seem to care. I never thought I'd write this but if this ends without Oliver punching Dig, I'm going to be pissed

• Love 20

Of all the things that have disappointed me the most about this show, its how they've treated the bond between Oliver and Diggle. Him running around with his new ARGUS buddies and avoiding his best friend and family is just such a damn disappointment. And now he is working with the guy who has dedicated every second of his time for the last few months to killing them? I cant imagine he can provide them with any more insight than anyone else can, so why is he ok with this?! Cant wait for him to not give a crap when Oliver finds out. 

I am actually alright with seeing the Suicide Squad again though, I loved those episodes back in the day when they were still allowed to use Deadshot and Amanda Waller. At least it sounds like some fun can be had with them, even if it will inevitably lead to more of Diggle either being an asshole, oblivious, or both. "I love how the place I work at sticks bombs in peoples necks to get them to commit assassinations! God its nice to be at such a non sketchy place!"

• Love 11

Finally, “My Name is Emiko Queen” will also feature another flash-forwards that will show us a new part of future Star City: the Glades, which is nothing like the rundown city we’ve been spending time in. “We’re kind of opening up our world a little because we’ve only our characters in the future Star City, [which] has looked a little glum,” says Schwartz. “[The Glades] is much nicer than Star City, and we’ll get deeper into Rene and Zoey’s relationship and kind of how that dynamic has changed from the present day to the future.”

They don't seem get that it's not just that Star City is a dystopian wreck that makes the FFs so glum, it's what it says about  our fav's lives and they can't fix that by showing us that the Glades did alright.  

• Love 11
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

They don't seem get that it's not just that Star City is a dystopian wreck that makes the FFs so glum, it's what it says about  our fav's lives and they can't fix that by showing us that the Glades did alright.  

Also dont seem to get that the masses dont really give a crap about NTA/Diaz/Emiko Queen

• Love 4

I'm going to say it again - it's got to be a contractual issue with KA. They ran out of ideas for what to do with Diaz for the remainder of the season (because he's terrible as a Big Bad), so they have to stick him into this Ghost Initiative team, just to run out his remaining episodes. I totally agree that it makes zero sense for Diggle & Lyla to put Diaz on this team.

It would've made a lot more sense for them to have put Ben Turner AKA Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White) into the Ghost Initiative team instead of Diaz. Ben helped Oliver at Slabside Maximum Security Prison. So they should have had ARGUS transfer him from that prison to ARGUS prison and give him a chance at redemption and release by doing a mission as part of the Ghost Initiative team.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I'm going to say it again - it's got to be a contractual issue with KA.

Maybe they signed him on for a bargain price (or paid lots for him cuz they thought he'd be good) and now they need to use him to the bitter end cuz no budget for more villains.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if some delusional person in the writers room did sit around and think he was the best villain EVA. Or they are determined to fix him and make him the best villain EVA with their super special writing prowess. 

• Love 2

I was doing a last-minute review before posting the summary of 710 spoilers in the S7 Archive thread and read this RG comment (which I had forgotten about) - do you think he's referring to someone new or a current character? Do you really think they're going to go with Felicity as the Big Bad? :( ...

-- On whether he can say anything about the villain this season, RG: "No. Um, but I think you guys are going to be in for a, like, 'ooh,' a doozy. Like, it's going to throw you - it's going to be awesome. And I'm literally like - I just read episode 10 and, like, things start to unfold and make sense to people - like, it's going to be crazy." (The CW Fall Launch Event with #SeeHer, Oct. 14, 2018: Oct. 15, 2018 Access video of red carpet interviews with Arrow cast members, page 6 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo

That EW article (with Beth's interview) said that the Ghost Initiative team is introduced in 711. So maybe they just show China White, Kane Wolfman and Cupid in the last shot of 710? ...

https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/16/arrow-emiko-queen-ghost-initiative-spoilers/

In addition to focusing on Emiko Queen, the midseason premiere will also pick up with Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (Audrey Marie Anderson) turning the newly captured Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo) for help with their current A.R.G.U.S. case. This ultimately leads to the creation of a new Suicide Squad called the Ghost Initiative, which includes China White (Kelly Hu), Slade’s son Kane Wolfman (Liam Hall) and Carrie Cutter (Amy Gumenick) and will be introduced in the following episode.

Edited by tv echo