Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Me too!!! I know it all goes to shit in the future (cuz William ends up on Lian Yu) but I would like a few years of them having a kid together and William having a little sis before it goes south.

We don't know that things necessarily go to shit. I hope they've had a generally happy life, but one interrupted by the constant drama (and trauma) that comes with the vigilante life and living in Star City, in general.

Also, I was thinking back on Beth's comments about seeing Smoak Tech this season. I'm almost certain we're going to see it in the flashforwards as a huge company, but I really hope we see Felicity getting it off the ground in the present day. Now that Curtis is working at Argus, I hope Helix Dynamics and the Curtis/Felicity partnership are buried in S6 where they belong. 

• Love 13

I think given the fact that William has $300.000 at his disposal definitely means Smoak Tech is booming in the future timeline. And if we apply the resoning where Felicity getting pregnant this season connects to her future daughter, it stands to reason we'll also see her successful future business getting off the ground in the present. 

• Love 4

I could totally be wrong but, my guess is that we'll get Smoak Tech in the Flash Forward but, not really in the present. They may not have any interest in it and, there's plenty of time to play around with it. 

Basically Flash Forward has successful Smoak Tech (fans happy). Present day they ignore it and only gets brought back up in final season. 

Same with Maya (if she's an Olicity baby). She's supposed to play 18-20s and they cast a 22 year old actress. Maya may not be born until S10 (if they get there). 

Granted, I think they'll more likely play around with Olicity getting pregnant in 707, since that is Maya's first episode.  Have the Maya reveal as the final tag (like Will/Roy in 701) right after Olicity reunion sex dun, dun, dun!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

I'll be a little bummed if we don't see Felicity start Smoak Tech in 7b but it wouldn't surprise me if we do only see it in the future. As long as it is really happening.

To me it makes sense for Felicity to get pregnant this season and give birth in S8 but again, Maya's age is up in the air right now and KM could easily play an 18 year old, which means they could stretch it out. I guess it depends. (Haha, look at me talking as if it's already confirmed Maya really is their daughter.)

Edited by Guest
14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I could totally be wrong but, my guess is that we'll get Smoak Tech in the Flash Forward but, not really in the present. They may not have any interest in it and, there's plenty of time to play around with it. 

I think the same could probably happen with the Diggle's family tease. And they might temper the Olicity getting pregnant for like next season I could picture since it looks like they are going to focus more on William for the flash forwards and then both of them would be series regulars in s8 anyway.

17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Have the Maya reveal as the final tag (like Will/Roy in 701) right after Olicity reunion sex dun, dun, dun!

Yeah, that's exactly how I picture it too. Same if they don't even have sex, just pair it up with the Emiko reveal instead.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, that's exactly how I picture it too. Same if they don't even have sex, just pair it up with the Emiko reveal instead.

After all those months (and episodes) apart, there had damn well better be sex. They've earned it, but more importantly, we've earned it.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

After all those months (and episodes) apart, there had damn well better be sex. They've earned it, but more importantly, we've earned it.

You here that I-could-write-a-whole-episode-of-Olicity-wedding Beth! Don't fail us. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Me too!!! I know it all goes to shit in the future (cuz William ends up on Lian Yu) but I would like a few years of them having a kid together and William having a little sis before it goes south.

William on Lian Yu cause he needs some help doesn't have to be anything worse than any other normal year Olicity has faced and come out thriving. Just a temporary bump in the road.  The happy stuff happens offscreen, lol.

• Love 5

Maybe Maya was separated from her parents, and thats why she grew up to be a scrappy street kid? Maybe someone stole her, and told Olicity that she was dead? Or they die or disappear in the future? All that sounds super depressing, but why else would a grown up Olicitot be living on the streets?

9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I thought she was just listed as a street fighter. Was it mentioned somewhere that she was homeless?

It wasn't, I was just guessing, with her being called a "scrappy street fighter" type. She might just be generally scrappy and a bit rebellious! Or, would just going to school to study sociology and not beating up anyone or planning any schemes be rebellious in the Queen family?

Scrappy to me is more a personality trait than anything that speaks to someone's environment but it has been used to describe a lot of ragtag heroes.  But I still think of scrappy like in the context of being a scrappy fighter as in don't give up and have a lot of heart even if they are outmatched in some way.  So I don't see it as a negative or saying anything bad about her life. 

I would think any daughter of Oliver and Felicity would be scrappy.  You know Oliver would be incapable of not teaching his daughter how to defend herself (at the very least) including any and every dirty trick possible.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

I do think being a scrappy fighter is inevitable for any child of Olicity no matter what both because Oliver would have always made sure his children could defend themselves (I think, the fact he never taught Felicity confuses me) and because any children they have will grow up in a world where Oliver's identity and past are known which brings inherent dangers.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I would think any daughter of Oliver and Felicity would be scrappy.  You know Oliver would be incapable of not teaching his daughter how to defend herself (at the very least) including any and every dirty trick possible.  

Plus, she would have the smarts from Felicity to get herself out of all kinds of jams.

• Love 1

For 710? (from fan tweet in Spoilers thread) ...

Monday, October 23rd... 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (Noon)... Filming begins in the alley south of 1300 W. Pender. The scene will involve three (3) characters dressed as police officers about to make an arrest. Our scenes will involve exposed weapons, characters on police uniform, a couple of police vehicles with flashing lights and some special effects atmospheric smoke....

Dp1G6RcUUAA7G9q.jpg 

Edited by tv echo

That updated synopsis for 703 bums me out a little. It's nothing new but I forgot that Dig wants Curtis to go undercover for ARGUS. I began to low key hope Curtis would get fired in 702 for being involved in Felicity's efforts. Give him some consequences for the love of God. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, bijoux said:

That updated synopsis for 703 bums me out a little. It's nothing new but I forgot that Dig wants Curtis to go undercover for ARGUS. I began to low key hope Curtis would get fired in 702 for being involved in Felicity's efforts. Give him some consequences for the love of God. 

He has his boyfriend and he's head of the R&D department at ARGUS. Living his best life apparently! ?

Showing NTA living consequence-free at the same time we have to see Olicity (and William) suffering actual hell was a big mistake on Beth's part, IMO. I truly don't know what they were thinking. My resentment is at an all time high.

19 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I'm still holding onto the hope that this set up at the start of the season means characters will end up in completely different places by its end. 

You would think so but remember these writers live for making Oliver Miserable and also Felicity. They are all about letting the popular Charcaters suffer and non popular prosper 

But don’t forget, NTA and OTA are just the same! If anything, OTA is far wors! I mean, NTA betrayed their friends, were needlessly cruel to them for no reason, and actually tried to kill them or cause serious injury, and OTA...spied on them when they thought one of them was the mole. Which was true. They’re just as bad as each other! So of course NTA gets to be all happy while OTA gets to suffer! It’s onky fair! 

*Throws up violently*

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Diggle, I guess. I just can’t see Oliver getting any chance to do anything Felicity-like in Supermax.

The plot says that Oliver is trying to track Diaz from inside the prison, so it could be something he does with Stanley while his "old enemy" causes the explosion in promo as a distraction.

Although tbh I would still like the line if it is from Diggle.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Definitely think that Felicity has the new voiceover in 7x02. Or adult William,

Those are my top two guesses. I also wonder if they will have each character take a line for the intro, kind of recap where they all are now.

I'm shocked surprised that DC Comics focused on Felicity in this 702 promo tweet...

Felicity Smoak has always been an important part of Team Arrow (to say nothing about Oliver’s life in general), but she’s always been more of a behind-the-scenes girl. Her contributions come from behind a computer monitor, safe at home base. However, with Oliver in jail and Ricardo Diaz vowing vengeance, Felicity’s become determined to hunt him down at all costs, even if it puts her at odds with John Diggle and ARGUS, as the newest Arrow episode photos seem to show. Also, what’s going on behind bars between Oliver and the mean team of Brick, Bronze Tiger and Derek Sampson? Feel free to speculate below in the comments, and make sure to tune in next week for answers!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Stanley has a last name! ...

'Arrow': Oliver and Felicity Target Diaz in "Level Two"
By RUSS BURLINGAME - October 19, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/19/arrow-oliver-and-felicity-target-diaz-in-level-two/

Meanwhile, Oliver and his buddy Stanley Dover are doing the TV version of the never-produced Supermax movie script, which saw Oliver convicted of a crime he didnt commit and teaming up with a group of prisoners to get home.

Edited by tv echo

Hmm...

Blind Item: Original Cast Member Out at Long-Running Drama Series
By Michael Ausiello / October 18 2018, 1:57 PM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/10/18/blind-item-original-cast-member-out-at-long-running-drama-series/

An original cast member on a long-running drama on one of the Big 5 networks (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, The CW) is leaving his/her series at the end of the current season. And, by all accounts, the exit is an extremely amicable one.

The actor/actress in question — a fan favorite by any measure — is leaving of his/her own accord. And they’ve given the Powers That Be at said hour-long series plenty of notice so that they can craft an appropriate exit for the character. But to reveal the identity of the performer with one-and-a-half-feet out the door would risk spoiling the storyline, so for now we’re giving this piece of news the Blind Item treatment.

Edited by tv echo

The interview that everyone's been waiting for (yes, that's sarcasm) - sounds like Curtis' cop boyfriend may be sticking around for awhile...

Officer-turned-Vigilante: Evan Roderick talks Nick’s epic return to Season 7 of ‘Arrow’
McKenzie Morrell   October 19, 2018
https://fanfest.com/2018/10/19/officer-turned-vigilante-evan-roderick-talks-nicks-epic-return-to-season-7-of-arrow/

Edited by tv echo
27 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Hmm...

Blind Item: Original Cast Member Out at Long-Running Drama Series
By Michael Ausiello / October 18 2018, 1:57 PM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/10/18/blind-item-original-cast-member-out-at-long-running-drama-series/

I like how EBR is suddenly an original cast member and hasn’t tweeted about Arrow in years.

If it’s Arrow, the only option is DR. I can’t see that.

I heard someone float CV from The Flash. I can kind of see that happening. That would be a blow. 

It’s probably not The CW anyway. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5

Lol

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-season-7-overview-beth-schwartz-explains-flash-forwards-1153203

Fun fact: While Shadowhunters star Katherine McNamara was previously reported as a new cast member for this season of Arrow, not much is known about her role, even after the season seven premiere. Schwartz wants to keep most of the details about Maya, a skilled street fighter in Star City, secret but promises that the character will debut soon. "We'll see her in the first half of the season," she reveals. "There are still many surprises to come."

But also:

The flash forwards will not be in every episode, but they will be in most. "When we had flashbacks in every episode, sometimes it felt like a little too much," Schwartz says. "I wanted to make sure that we were telling the story we needed to tell instead of being forced to tell them in every episode. With the flash forwards, we're able to see the consequences of what our team has done in the present day story. In the future storyline you're going to be able to see were vigilantes effective? How did that affect Star City in the future? How did it affect The Glades? How did it affect all the characters we love? Are people going to be the same or different? It opens up the world a lot."

"You'll see a lot more in episode 2 that he's much darker," Schwartz says of the 20 years older, Lian Yu resident Roy. "He's definitely been burned. There will be a lot of mysteries to reveal throughout the season about what happened to him in that time span. We don't like the happily-ever-afters, apparently."

And now that the adult version of William has found Roy on Lian Yu, expect to learn more about why he's sought out his father's first protege and what's happened to him over the past 20 years as he and Roy develop a mentor/mentee relationship. "Last year we spent a lot of time with Oliver as a father, and those stories were extremely dynamic," Schwartz says. "Trying to figure out what it's like for a child to have a father who is Oliver Queen has been endless with the amount of stories we can come up with. How that affects a small child with all the trauma he's been through, it's interesting to see how William turns out when he's an adult."

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, way2interested said:

"Trying to figure out what it's like for a child to have a father who is Oliver Queen has been endless with the amount of stories we can come up with. How that affects a small child with all the trauma he's been through, it's interesting to see how William turns out when he's an adult."

I hope they also show Felicity's influence on him. He's not just Oliver Queen's son, he's Felicity Smoak's stepson and she's likely to play a huge part in his formative years. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I hope they also show Felicity's influence on him. He's not just Oliver Queen's son, he's Felicity Smoak's stepson and she's likely to play a huge part in his formative years. 

Same. I’m wondering tho if Maya is going to be more Felicity focused. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I like how EBR is suddenly an original cast member and hasn’t tweeted about Arrow in years.

If it’s Arrow, the only option is DR. I can’t see that.

I heard someone float CV from The Flash. I can kind of see that happening. That would be a blow. 

It’s probably not The CW anyway. 

I think its possible that they could equate Felicity as an original character forgetting she was only a regular in S2 because she was such a huge part of S1.

EBR has actually tweeted more about Arrow and seemed more enthusiastic  recently than she has in a while, not that it means anything. She could be leaving and focusing on her smaller projects full time, Arrow likes to off main/popular characters at least once a season as well but so far there isn't any evidence it's her. Nothing to suggest DR yet either though there are multiple ways they could have Diggle leave/die sob. But it could be any number of network shows.

It's a great way to get clicks, tweets and cooments because I've seen it pop up in many fandoms and it's inevitable that it will apply to at least one show in May.

Edited by Featherhat

I think the concept is that Oliver is the reason for all of his trauma, troubles, etc., so that relationship is the real catalyst for his life, while Felicity is the stabilizing force/parent. Obviously since he still has the hozen and seems to be really wealthy, they'll probably touch on how he's successful, which says more for Felicity than it does Oliver.

3 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I think its possible that they could equate Felicity as an original character forgetting she was only a regular in S2 because she was such a huge part of S1.

Some people would, but TVline wouldn't. They know the official terms and contracts and wouldn't make that mistake. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I like how EBR is suddenly an original cast member

Of course, because it would make some people - the same people who use the fact that she wasn’t an original cast member to argue against her/her importance - happy. 

That being said, I’d be surprised if this is about any of the Arrowverse shows. Or any CW show, TBH. 

• Love 2

I am so happy to see that Beth can admit that flashbacks in every episode was a mistake. Gives me more hope for the flashforward. 

Cant wait to see what she does with Siren/Laurel. Now just address her being the DA and how she's pulling it off.

I think it's mostly likely a cast member from a procedural on another network.  Those shows can handle cast turnover without any real effect.  I'd be shocked if it's a CW show and I definitely wouldn't expect it to be Arrow.  They're down to Amell (who just signed a new contract) and Ramsay (who can't help himself when it comes to spoilers). 

Moving on, I agree that this Maya character will be the baby Ramsay cheerfully spoiled back in May.  My question is if her name is really Maya or if we'll get a Tina-Dinah situation and the name is a placeholder until the episode airs.  If her name were really Bonnie or Suzanne (aka, the real names of the two characters who have donned the Arrowette costume), they'd want to keep that under wraps as long as possible.  She could be a new character entirely but I suspect they'll be going for a reimagined version of an existing DC character.  She will be Felicity's daughter after all and that would be following in Mom's footsteps.

• Love 3

If they're going to make a whole storyline out of redeeming Black Siren, I hope they do better with her backstory than her dad dying and not making it home with her birthday cake and Oliver dying. I'm really tired of these things that so many people manage to live through and continue to be decent human beings being used as backstories for gross villain behavior. I also hope they drop the "Am I E1 Laurel?" from her whole crisis and let her be someone different. The whole thing is gross. 

As for the BI, I think it's a procedural as well. It sounds like someone they were already phasing out anyway given the description. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I also hope they drop the "Am I E1 Laurel?" from her whole crisis and let her be someone different.

Yep. I’d like someone to just ask her one simple question: “What were you like before you became a meta?” And don’t mention one thing about E1-LL. Don’t try to find any similarities. They could be complete opposites and BS could still be redeemed.

Except some people don’t seem to get that, and I blame the show with the whole Lance trying to find his daughter in BS last season for that. If they didn’t have that or Beth saying BS’ story is is she villain or Laurel, I don’t think some fans would equate BS with LL 2.0 and might actually be able to see her as a separate character. 

• Love 3