Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

It looks like CL was filming yesterday according to her insta stories. 4 canaries in 1 episode lol, i am not sure if they making a joke of the episode or not.

4?  Oh Zoe, I always forget about her

I was right!  LOL  😁

hmm, so now I wonder is Sara "lost" in time and she shows up in 2040 SC ?  Is she in both 2019 and 2040 storylines?  Hell if she's in both , please have her warn 2019 people so they can avoid the shitstorm that is 2040.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

It's almost as if they know they can't base an entire episode around Dinah without needing other characters to get people interested, and in this case Sara, the more popular Canary. 😂

I'm sure there are some who will love seeing all canaries in one episode but IMO it will only show how bad some of them are. 😬

I just read a few articles speculating about 718 and whether "Lost Canary" refers to Sara, Dinah or E2 Laurel (referencing her Canary Cry). However, I don't understand how the "Lost Canary" could refer to E2 Laurel/Black Siren when she has never been called Black Canary or any Canary name for that matter. Also, I don't believe she has ever called her metahuman cry a Canary Cry (why would she?). It's only called a Canary Cry when the person screaming is a Canary, right? 

And if 718 is the Birds of Prey-inspired episode that "Laurel will be involved with" (per Beth), then it would still make no sense for E2 Laurel to be the "Lost Canary."

Unless, of course, sometime during an episode prior to 718, E2 Laurel takes over the Black Canary mantle or starts using some other Canary name.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Part of me wonders if Sara's appearance could lead to an explanation for Connor being Diggle's "adopted" son who just so happens to look like a grown-up JJ in another timeline. But I know it won't. 

I'm sure there are people who are going to enjoy seeing all the Canaries together, if Sara does in fact appear. But I also think that it's a horrible idea to constantly remind viewers that there have been multiple Canaries (and to bring back the best one). It's why I can't believe they actually have a Canary Network in the future. There was no need to use that name. They could've just made them the resistance or something. 

That being said, I'm hoping we get at least one Sara/Felicity scene. I still wish S2 had actually taken time to show those two as friends. It annoys me that Arrow wants us to see Felicity/Sara, Felicity/Laurel, Felicity/Thea and Felicity/Dinah as friends without actually taking time to show any of it. That's actually one area I think the show is doing better in this season, with Felicity and Laurel actually spending time together, but it shouldn't have taken 7 seasons and a (former? depending on where her story goes) villain (whose past evil actions are sometimes just completely forgotten) for it to happen. 

• Love 5

I suppose Laurel could take up the Canary mantle sometime between now and episode 18 with Dinah's blessing, even though it doesn't make any sense that Dinah couldn't carry on with the name since the people who came before her weren't metas. But that's Arrow for ya, I guess. It also wouldn't make much sense considering Laurel's stance on vigilantes still seems to be pretty firm in the anti, but I suppose Arrow's had faster turnarounds and it's not like they put much effort into anything that has to do with her anyway. 

The only thing that doesn't make a whole lot of sense with Sara being the "lost" one is why that would be addressed on Arrow instead of LoT, by a group of people (if Dinah and Laurel are involved) that don't even know her. Then again it doesn't make much sense for Sara to be involved with either of the other two going missing, unless it messes with the timeline somehow, in which case, again, why would this be dealt with on Arrow by just Sara? 

Stop trying to make sense of this show, self!

• LOL 1

I used to like Sara, but between LOTs writing and after Caity’s bs I can’t stand her now. So it’s a double no for me lol.

my guess is Sara will probably just have a quick scene or two. This will definitely be a Dinah hour. Maybe she’ll see the ghosts of past canaries 😂😂.

Edited by JJ928
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

or E2 Laurel (referencing her Canary Cry). However, I don't understand how the "Lost Canary" could refer to E2 Laurel/Black Siren when she has never been called Black Canary or any Canary name for that matter. Also, I don't believe she has ever called her metahuman cry a Canary Cry (why would she?). It's only called a Canary Cry when the person screaming is a Canary, right? 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them have Felicity dub her Black Canary, given their current attempt to make Not Laurel into Felicity's BFF.

50 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I suppose Laurel could take up the Canary mantle sometime between now and episode 18 with Dinah's blessing, even though it doesn't make any sense that Dinah couldn't carry on with the name since the people who came before her weren't metas. But that's Arrow for ya, I guess. It also wouldn't make much sense considering Laurel's stance on vigilantes still seems to be pretty firm in the anti, but I suppose Arrow's had faster turnarounds and it's not like they put much effort into anything that has to do with her anyway. 

Yeah, I haven't seen anything from Laurel that suggests she wants to be Black Canary. So far, we've only seen her in the field when it's benefited her -- trying to catch Diaz, going after the man she thought was from E2. 

Considering the way they're writing her and her and Felicity's friendship, it's more likely that we'll see Laurel doing anything vigilante-related if Felicity needs help than out of any sudden desire to become Black Canary. 

Something to do with E1Laurel? Not sure what given they're working so hard on making BS a thing.

I don't know if it will end up with lasting consequences or simply just be a big gimmick of an episode.  

Edited by Featherhat

Is that the Black Siren choker? I was honestly hoping that there would be an on-screen burning of that choker and the shoes.

I'm assuming we'll see Laurel suited up as Black Siren again, maybe doing something evil, as part of the whole, "will she be good or evil?" thing. And whatever happens in 718 will answer that Q for good so we never have to see that quote in an interview again. 

For once I’m really glad that Emily’s not on set. I hope she and Oliver are on their much-deserved honeymoon during this episode. I don’t even need to see them. This is a sacrifice I’m more than willing to make! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Has SA filmed this week? EBR seems to be skiing.

I am pretty sure Emily was filming at least for the FF. Since she is in Vancouver i am pretty sure she can film and still go skiing. SA has left Vancouver last Thursday. 

That pic of JH, KC and CL almost looks like they were forced to take it. I can feel the awkward! 

Weird though, since when is BOP just three canaries? 🤔😂

6 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

If Caity is filming then at least they used her dolls on purpose rather than just because Funko hasn't made any others for the subsequent Canaries.

I'm pleased to be wrong about the Sara Canaries actually meaning Sara was showing up.  I do tend to still think it's going to be about Dinah getting her groove back but if I'm going to suffer through a Canary extravaganza, I might as well have the one I like there as well.  

The choker on BS makes me wonder if they might try to stick in a ghost E1Laurel or do we think they merely make BS cosplay her?  

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That pic of JH, KC and CL almost looks like they were forced to take it. I can feel the awkward! 

Weird though, since when is BOP just three canaries? 🤔😂

To me it looks like JH and CL are enjoying themselves.  And KC is not.  

Chances are the pic was taken during an action scene so it wouldn't reflect all who is in the episode.  

• Love 1

I'm so interested to see what they will come up with to have these 3 supposedly team up unless its the Canaries vs. the Siren. And if Siren is teaming up with them is she going to be "E1" Laurel coming up with a new moniker and be a vigilante again? I know they probably arent thinking nearly as much as I am but I hope they do. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

To me it looks like JH and CL are enjoying themselves.  And KC is not.  

Chances are the pic was taken during an action scene so it wouldn't reflect all who is in the episode.  

Haha, to me JH is the only one who looks happy. KC and CL just look uncomfortable, IMO. 😬😂

Nah, I think this is Beth’s idea of BOP and I have to laugh. 

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Haha, to me JH is the only one who looks happy. KC and CL just look uncomfortable, IMO. 😬😂

Nah, I think this is Beth’s idea of BOP and I have to laugh. 

CL looks like a kindergarten on picture day.

I think Felicity is probably playing ‘Oracle’. Studio work that can be done quickly.

Love that they sent SA packing this episode.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It looks like she's just dressed as Siren to me. 

Yeah I think that’s just the Siren choker.

I wish they wouldn’t keep making CL do the slicked-back hair look in the WC costume.  I guess here she at least is wearing a headband, which could be considered sort of practical I guess, but still.  It is not my favorite look on her.  (Although I wonder if the headband is not just to keep the hair in place when she’s not filming.)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I wish they wouldn’t keep making CL do the slicked-back hair look in the WC costume.  I guess here she at least is wearing a headband, which could be considered sort of practical I guess, but still.  It is not my favorite look on her.  (Although I wonder if the headband is not just to keep the hair in place when she’s not filming.)

Me too! Maybe a bun or something!!!!! I get sick of the slicked back hair. I like her ponytails when she's chilling on the Waverider.

ETA off topic: My other gripe is Ray's crazy lion mane! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The choker on BS makes me wonder if they might try to stick in a ghost E1Laurel or do we think they merely make BS cosplay her? 

I don't see any buckles so it's the Black Siren outfit.

I want to know why Sara is in Star City.  Does Felicity call her and ask for her help with whatever is going on?  Are they going to try and convince us she's friends with Dinah and Siren and was just around for a girls night?  Was it Quentin's birthday and she stopped by to visit his grave?  Or are they going to try and claim the Legends were close by and she stopped by to say hello and stayed to help out? 

When will this episode air?  If it airs after LOT's back from hiatus, then her presence will need to make sense since the two shows will be on the same night. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

When will this episode air?  If it airs after LOT's back from hiatus, then her presence will need to make sense since the two shows will be on the same night

The Monday before LoT returns, then it'll take a two week break and return with 719 on April 15th

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The Monday before LoT returns, then it'll take a two week break and return with 719 on April 15th

I don’t think 718 will fit in the schedule before the 2 week break (4/1, 4/8). 714-717 will cover all the Mondays in March, assuming they don’t squeeze another week off in there because of March Madness

Edited by lemotomato
  • Useful 2
19 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don’t think 718 will fit in the schedule before the 2 week break (4/1, 4/8). 714-717 will cover all the Mondays in March, assuming they don’t squeeze another week off in there because of March Madness

Huh, I guess I was off by one Monday. Sorry, my bad, I think you're right. I guess my mind was figuring that x17 is a weird place to stop.

• Love 1