Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Wow, what a snooze-fest. But really, more Dinah? Although if she's only just getting life changing news (about her canary cry, I'm assuming) in 715, I hope that means she's not in 714. Let me dream! 😂

This working with the SCPD thing makes no sense at all and I still haven't watched 711 or 712, haha. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
Just now, Angel12d said:

Although if she's only just getting life changing news (about her canary cry, I'm assuming) in 715, I hope that means she's not in 714. Let me dream! 😂

I'm curious about how she can even get life-changing news about her cry unless she fucks off to Central City to see someone who can actually diagnose metas. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm curious about how she can even get life-changing news about her cry unless she fucks off to Central City to see someone who can actually diagnose metas. 

Maybe she tries to screech and nothing happens so she goes to a doctor and they say her vocal chords are damaged or something? LMAO if only I cared! 😂

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Maybe she tries to screech and nothing happens so she goes to a doctor and they say her vocal chords are damaged or something? LMAO if only I cared! 😂

It'll be pretty lulzy if she can talk normally but somehow Stanley managed to only sever her Canary Chord. Ah, plotforce. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
Just now, apinknightmare said:

It'll be pretty lulzy if she can talk normally but somehow Stanley managed to only sever her Canary Chord. Ah, plotforce. 

Haha. Oh no now I just had a thought that JH is gonna try and do a growly throaty voice for a few episodes. I can already smell the bad acting from here. 😬😂

• LOL 4
14 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

This working with the SCPD thing makes no sense at all and I still haven't watched 711 or 712, haha. 

Just pass on them if you have no time with new bub and all. Seriously not worth it. Even the Olicity is kinda crap in it (not that I remeber much about it but the point is it was not memorable!)

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Haha. Oh no now I just had a thought that JH is gonna try and do a growly throaty voice for a few episodes. I can already smell the bad acting from here. 😬😂

*throaty voice, smoulder smoulder*

More opportunities for bad acting!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I'm sure there are some who will love seeing all canaries in one episode but IMO it will only show how bad some of them are. 😬

Excellent idea!

Even if Dinah's scream chords are damaged, I have the feeling they will miraculously be repaired by the future forwards.

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Just pass on them if you have no time with new bub and all. Seriously not worth it. Even the Olicity is kinda crap in it (not that I remeber much about it but the point is it was not memorable!)

I think I could watch them while she's sleeping but I skimmed through the episode threads on here and I've just decided not to bother! Haha.

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

It looks like she's just dressed as Siren to me. 

Lol.  I guess that means I blocked what E1Laurel's BC looked like.  

3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Me too! Maybe a bun or something!!!!! I get sick of the slicked back hair. I like her ponytails when she's chilling on the Waverider.

ETA off topic: My other gripe is Ray's crazy lion mane! 

If only we could mash SA and BR together to compensate for one buzzing his head and the other never cutting it short enough.  

• LOL 5
39 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm sure it was Curtis's fault when he cauterized the wound.  

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm sure it was Curtis's fault when he cauterized the wound.  

IDK, it's still pretty suspect if she can still talk but can't canary cry, regardless of how it happened. 

Might as well pass it off on Curtis though since he isn't around anymore. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

God, I hope this means the end of Oliver working with the SCPD!

Oh God I so dont care about Dinahs life changing news. But the writers will paint it like we must care that she loses her Cry. Cause you know we all asked for a Dinah Episode and care about her getting her groove back two episodes after this one airs. While this horrid woman eats up screen time that the leading lady should have 

2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

So she'll be in 2/3 of the plot? She is the captain of the SCPD and a member of TA so working with them shouldn't be that hard. She should probably have to choose between one of them.

Oh dear God, no.  I read the “Dinah gets some life changing news” portion of the episode description and noped away. It didn’t even register that she could also be in the Team Arrow and SCPD parts as well. That has the distinct possibility of being way too much Dinah for me to sit through. 

• Love 2

Again, why do they keep referring to E2 Laurel as a Canary when she has never been a Canary? ...

Arrow: Caity Lotz Confirmed to Return for Birds of Prey-Inspired Episode
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 21 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/02/21/arrow-season-7-caity-lotz-returns-sara-birds-of-prey-inspired-episode/ 

The CW’s Arrow will have a veritable cage full of canaries when Caity Lotz reprises her role as Sara Lance in a highly anticipated upcoming episode.

TVLine has confirmed that Legends of Tomorrow star Lotz — whose Sara fleetingly popped up in an archival documentary interview during Arrow‘s 150th episode — will return for Season 7’s 18th episode, which is titled “Lost Canary” and has previously been described as a “Birds of Prey-inspired” outing. As Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz recently revealed to TVLine, “We are doing a Birds of Prey-inspired episode, that Laurel (played by Katie Cassidy Rodgers) will be involved with.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Again, why do they keep referring to E2 Laurel as a Canary when she has never been a Canary? ...

Matt wrote in the comments that he did it because "cage full of canaries" was fun to write, but considering he called JH and CL KC's "fellow canaries," as a Katie/Laurel Stan I think he's trying to wish it into existence, LOL.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

The only good thing about that description is that Oliver gets frustrated with the SCPD - which means he gets frustrated with Dinah. Finally!

Of course, if she then finds out she’s lost her cry that’ll probably take the wind out of his fight. 

4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The only good thing about that description is that Oliver gets frustrated with the SCPD - which means he gets frustrated with Dinah. Finally!

Of course, if she then finds out she’s lost her cry that’ll probably take the wind out of his fight. 

hehe going by SA's acting I think he's over Dinah long ago! Just need it to happen in plot!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Haha, to me JH is the only one who looks happy. KC and CL just look uncomfortable, IMO. 😬😂

Nah, I think this is Beth’s idea of BOP and I have to laugh. 

I love Sara and Caity but this seens more proof that Marc is still fairly in charge. I remember this from a year(or so) ago.

“But truth be told, I wouldn’t want to do it unless we could figure out a way to get Sara (played on Legends by Caity Lotz) in there as well. One of my favorite episodes was 406, where we had Speedy, Black Canary and Canary all fighting side-by-side-by side together, and that was a blast. Seeing three badass women was really, really awesome. [An all-girls mission] is on our ‘bucket list,’ but I really want to figure out a way to get Sara in there as well.”

• Love 1
Just now, KenyaJ said:

Do you think they'll explore how Sara feels about Siren pretending to be her sister or nah?

Isn't Sara the reason Quentin went HAM with trying to convince Black Siren she could be like E1 Laurel? I thought she was the one who told him to try to find the good in her in the 5.5 novel (even though those supplemental materials are only canon until it's inconvenient)? If anything I think they'd have her be weirdly okay with it.

Saying try to find the good in someone is completely different than pretend she's your dead daughter. I wonder if Sara knows how off the deep end her father went with that. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Saying try to find the good in someone is completely different than pretend she's your dead daughter. I wonder if Sara knows how off the deep end her father went with that. 

It is, but the question was how Sara would feel about Laurel pretending to be her dead sister. I'm guessing she wouldn't be too upset about it since there are pretty limited outcomes to "finding the good" in someone who's a dead person's doppelgänger. And no, she probably doesn't know - I don't know why she'd find it alarming considering the people who actually watched him do it didn't.

Edited by apinknightmare

No, No, No BS on Lot. They did that already in the finale of S2 of LOT, which was the best KC ever worked. If it does screw with LOT, I will be annoyed because Sara has worked so hard to become so much more. If she props up DD or BS I will be so angry. Especially if it means she's not there this season around just after 10 seconds  (on Arrow) after her father's death but plenty there for potentially an Arrow DD/BS team up- with her own team on hiatus I suppose.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

No, No, No BS on Lot. They did that already in the finale of S2 of LOT, which was the best KC ever worked. If it does screw with LOT, I will be annoyed because Sara has worked so hard to become so much more. If she props up DD or BS I will be so angry. Especially if it means she's not there this season around just after 10 seconds  (on Arrow) after her father's death but plenty there for potentially an Arrow DD/BS team up- with her own team on hiatus I suppose.

You know they are gonna have Sara prop DD and BS. Cause remember DD is the best 🙄 and BS murdered those people but shes totes good now cause the Writers have Felicity say so🙄

I usually don't trust his opinions about episodes, except when he's giving opinions about Felicity episodes. So I'm going to hope this portends great things for the Felicity /Mia interactions.

• Love 1
On 2/22/2019 at 2:51 PM, apinknightmare said:

His apostrophe usage 

I know. It makes me want to weep. But I appreciate him out here promoting his girls. Some fans are already mad at him for always promoting Felicity and never saying anything about the Canaries. But he's been the president of the Felicity Smoak Fan Club since day one. IDK why they'd expect anything different.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

LOT love taking Arrows and Flash's left overs though. So I say sending them BS would be welcomed. 

• LOL 1
35 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

LOT love taking Arrows and Flash's left overs though. So I say sending them BS would be welcomed. 

Yep LOT does amazing by many leftovers, even Wally got a bit of closure. To be fair if any show could do well by any Laurel it would be LOT but nooo, Sara has a lot of stuff to be going on with and has had Laurel as her "in the background" sometimes front ground for so long. Hey BR wants Felicity to join the Waverider (done worry he's currently in a thing with his off screen wife) can we have her? 

Still don't want BS. Or E1LL back.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Oh God I so dont care about Dinahs life changing news. But the writers will paint it like we must care that she loses her Cry. Cause you know we all asked for a Dinah Episode and care about her getting her groove back two episodes after this one airs. While this horrid woman eats up screen time that the leading lady should have 

What if instead of Dinah outright not being able to produce a Canary Cry, using it since she got her throat slashed caused her some kind of progressively worse harm?  She could struggle to not use it in the past since it defines her and then in the future for some reason bust it out in desperation and accidentally melt her own brains ala Vince. 

I know, I know, not going to happen.  Even if it did happen then it probably would guarantee that the Crisis storyline would find DInah healed and erase the future.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

It is, but the question was how Sara would feel about Laurel pretending to be her dead sister.

That was answered for me in the episode where Quentin died and Sara didn't punch out LL2 for palling around with 3D who then killed her father. She'll probably be proud of Laurel for what she's made of herself.

It used to be Felicity who was the only one to call out BS on her b.s. but now even she's fallen in line.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

Welcomed by Arrow fans maybe. 😉

But seriously, KC moving to Legends has been coming up/being speculated for years now, but Legends has shown very little interest in having her on the show at all.  Even that year she supposedly had a “multi-series” contract, she only had a small one-scene appearance in the season finale.  I don’t see it happening.  But I suppose I’ve been unpleasantly shocked where KC is concerned, so I won’t say it’s impossible.  I’ll just say I think it’s very unlikely, and is mostly wishful thinking either by Arrow fans that want her off the show, or Laurel/KC fans wanting her to have a larger role/more relevance.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4