Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

Seriously how can I go from basic indifference towards Dinah to OMFG why are you on my television screen in half a season? 

Maybe this is unfair to Juliana but I feel like she's basically a try hard. Her acting choices is like she's trying to hard to be funny or be tough or be the lead and all she does is come across slightly phony and unnatural as a result.  

It's because they're using her way too much. They need to put her back to S5 level of screentime/focus.

But I'm not sure how it can be unfair when it's the truth. There's an air of desperation around her tbh. She needs this role to succeed so she's trying way too hard. I just wish she'd make better acting choices. Nothing she does ever fits the scene appropriately. It's so weird and annoying.

50 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Aw man, Olicity is still in that terrible new apartment. At least when they open up the chainlink curtains it’s brighter. 

I got my hopes up for a house but really it was just a new ugly apartment set. They hate us! 😂

• Love 5

Please don't let 710 be another Dinah-heavy episode. I know there's nothing that suggests it will be, but the promo, ugh.

Also, it is ridiculous that Oliver's just walking into crime scenes now. Makes me think they're trying to go for some procedural non-cop teams up with cop vibe there and just no. 

If I have to sit through Oliver working with the SCPD/Dinah, I expect to also see plenty of Oliver and Felicity working together. I want her in his ear when he goes out as GA.

I'm indifferent to Rene and Emiko scenes. IMO, one newbie per episode. We're stuck with Dinah right now. So only a little Rene please, even though I don't hate him as much as I used to.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I know there's nothing that suggests it will be, but the promo, ugh.

The promo was like 10% Dinah, 10% Felicity, 10% Rene, 20% Oliver, and 50% Emiko. The promo totally made it a Dinah episode XD. From the set up I'd guess more Rene than Dinah since he seems to be tied to the A-plot more directly.

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Please don't let 710 be another Dinah-heavy episode. I know there's nothing that suggests it will be, but the promo, ugh.

Also, it is ridiculous that Oliver's just walking into crime scenes now. Makes me think they're trying to go for some procedural non-cop teams up with cop vibe there and just no. 

If I have to sit through Oliver working with the SCPD/Dinah, I expect to also see plenty of Oliver and Felicity working together. I want her in his ear when he goes out as GA.

Unfortunately I think it will be. Both Dinah and Rene weren't in the crossover and 710 was filming around the same time, so it makes sense they'd have more to do as they were free to film more. Basically we should all prepare ourselves. 

giphy.gif

😂😂

I really hope we see Felicity as Overwatch though. Seeing her in the promo at a computer was an unexpected surprise so fingers crossed she's drawn back to it more and more. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The promo was like 10% Dinah, 10% Felicity, 10% Rene, 20% Oliver, and 50% Emiko. The promo totally made it a Dinah episode XD. From the set up I'd guess more Rene than Dinah since he seems to be tied to the A-plot more directly.

Oh, I know nothing about the promo suggests it'll be Dinah-heavy, but I'm just annoyed that she's in the promo at all. Also, I think we've been getting FFs every other episode, so that suggests we could get some in 710, which would mean more Dinah -- unless it's just Zoe going to Rene.

Which then you're probably right and it could be Rene-heavy, in the present and FFs. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Unfortunately I think it will be. Both Dinah and Rene weren't in the crossover and 710 was filming around the same time, so it makes sense they'd have more to do as they were free to film more.

Wouldn't it be more likely an Emiko-heavy episode since SS is a series regular now apparently and she also wasn't in the crossover and was featured way more in the promo? And then flash forwards in 710 would be about introducing Rene?

Just now, way2interested said:

Wouldn't it be more likely an Emiko-heavy episode since SS is a series regular now apparently and she also wasn't in the crossover and was featured way more in the promo? And then flash forwards in 710 would be about introducing Rene?

I think Emiko does play a bigger role but I'm also expecting a lot of Dinah and Rene, purely based on the fact that they weren't filming the crossover like everyone else. Also they'll be in the FF. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Wow. When did that happen? What are they up to 100 series regulars now in S7? 😁

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Wow. When did that happen? What are they up to 100 series regulars now in S7? 😁

Lol probably. *You* become a series regular! *You* become a series regular. *Everyone* gets to be a series regular!!!!!!

708 had SS credited in the main credits after KA and before "with KC"

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Lol probably. *You* become a series regular! *You* become a series regular. *Everyone* gets to be a series regular!!!!!!

708 had SS credited in the main credits after KA and before "with KC"

OMG Beth is Oprah! 😄

Lol that wardrobe is so bad.

I’m expecting a more Rene centric episode. He wasn’t in the Crossover and they’ve been tying him to Emiko. I don’t believe EBR was in Vancouver much during and SA was filming the crossover. Dinah was in 7x08 so much. The supporting cast doesn’t normally get back back heavy screen times.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, way2interested said:

It is what Marvel basically did already with Infinity War and Endgame, so sounds about right.

I haven't been watching but a friend of mine pointed out that Flash's whole season is built around Nora coming back in time because Barry just disappeared. Sounds a lot like what happens to Flash/Barry in the Crisis Comics. 

Which now has me wondering if Flash and Arrow have been setup as a 2 year story leading up to Crisis? Maybe the future timelines where SC goes to hell and Flash goes missing are all related to Crisis eventually happening? 

If that's the case then I suspect you'll get a reversal at the end of crisis which changes the future and that's due in part to Nora. So original timeline Crisis happens, Kara dies, Barry disappears and maybe Oliver dies too. This leads into Crisis which ends with Nora magically changing timeline to bring any combination of Kara/Oliver/Barry back to life.

ETA: the whole point of Crisis on Infinite Earths was to destroy the Multi-Verse. Makes me wonder if Arrowverse Crisis will be used to being Black Lightning and Supergirl into Earth-1?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It’s a black turtleneck with a black coat. It doesn’t seem special to me either way, good or bad. What am I missing?

It looks to me like a turtleneck under a collared shirt under a jacket, and I just personally think all the dark and layers aren’t a good look. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I haven't been watching but a friend of mine pointed out that Flash's whole season is built around Nora coming back in time because Barry just disappeared. Sounds a lot like what happens to Flash/Barry in the Crisis Comics. 

Which now has me wondering if Flash and Arrow have been setup as a 2 year story leading up to Crisis? Maybe the future timelines where SC goes to hell and Flash goes missing are all related to Crisis eventually happening? 

If that's the case then I suspect you'll get a reversal at the end of crisis which changes the future and that's due in part to Nora. So original timeline Crisis happens, Kara dies, Barry disappears and maybe Oliver dies too. This leads into Crisis which ends with Nora magically changing timeline to bring any combination of Kara/Oliver/Barry back to life.

ETA: the whole point of Crisis on Infinite Earths was to destroy the Multi-Verse. Makes me wonder if Arrowverse Crisis will be used to being Black Lightning and Supergirl into Earth-1?

If Crisis is trying into the FFs, which I think could be a thing, that’s a year out. I wonder how they will end the FFs this year. If it’s not meant to be fixed then everything could be a dumpster fire till mid season 8. 

How depressing.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

On Flash it's already implied that timelines for events have been changed by Nora being there period, so that sounds possible, since it also seems that Oliver himself has sped up the timeline of the crisis. So then yeah, it could be that all of the shows find out and confront the futures that are set for them and then change them to buck the comics "original" ending but still bring all of the shows together (making potential crossovers between Batwoman and Supergirl easier for the future).

Although with Oliver seeming to be the center of this rather than Nora or Barry (even though Flash is the one that kicked this plot off way back in its pilot), I wonder if this becomes less about Nora ending up changing things (then again it also depends on if they are keeping JPK as a series regular for more than one year, I guess) and more about all of the main heroes just confronting and defying the odds (CW plug!) and destiny by finding some other way, which would be way more interesting. If it is the latter, it would be a very interesting story for the main 3, but especially Oliver after defying death and """"darkness""" all this time. I can already see the Felicity speech in the Arrow episode about how Oliver's defied expectations for so long (from Ollie, from a killer, from someone in "darkness," etc. to now) that he can do it again.

Also though, with the flashforwards continuing for future seasons, I wonder if the plan is still to keep them as is (that whatever happens in Crisis actually doesn't affect Arrow) or if they are already set for any changes for 8b (from slight changes to big changes, whatever). Heck, maybe in 7b/8a the flashforward characters become aware and even try to assist like Nora but from the future instead of time travel.

ETA: I also just realized that they never gave a glimpse to Diggle's future like DR said, unless he meant that Diggle is going to be a Green Lantern for Crisis.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

Felicity looks like it’s a summer day and Oliver looks like he has to go to work in a Russian winter. 

I got a lackluster vibe from that promo. Oliver looked serious in the opening scene but JH looked smug and thrilled to be there so there was no urgency in her delivery. 

Rene is going to keep the NGA identity better than he kept Olivers. I’m not sure about Emiko. That line delivery wasn’t great. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I also just realized that they never gave a glimpse to Diggle's future like DR said, unless he meant that Diggle is going to be a Green Lantern for Crisis.

I'm not sure if anyone is listening to jbuffyangel and callistawolf's podcast but they had an interesting theory today -- that the whole weirdness with Dig/isolating him from the team is because they are planning to do something different with him, and if he merges with his Green Lantern counterpart in Crisis, then he could easily bounce over to another show like Supergirl. (Assuming Arrow is over after season 8). I didn't hate that spec.

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Felicity looks like it’s a summer day and Oliver looks like he has to go to work in a Russian winter. 

If Felicity is wearing a skirt instead of pants, then we'll know her dark slide is over! 

Speaking of wardrobe, remember that black peacoat Oliver used to wear? I LOVED that look. Let's go back to that...

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Angel12d said:

That 710 promo. IDK what I expected but it wasn’t Oliver and Dinah walking into crime scenes together like he really is a cop. It’s weird he’s not wearing his GA costume. How long is this gonna last because I hate it.

I’m happy Felicity is somehow involved though. But seriously, I’m gonna need this Police Consultant thing to end and Oliver to get a new bunker. The last thing I want is to watch Oliver and Dinah scenes, especially if the latter is gonna be a smug asshole. 

I HATE cop Oliver dynamic.  I HATE not having that clandestine meeting feel and sneaking around through back channels or at the very least working with a hush hush government ops group.  Being a consultant for the SCPD and still wearing his GA outfit just looks silly.  And feels more like an elseworld than most of the crossover.  He's just Dinah's lapdog now.  It ruins the show's cool factor.  

Argh!  I hated him outing himself and this seems to be the worst case scenario of how he gets back in there.  It makes it a totally different show.   At the very least Dinah should have made him a secret undercover operative.   

And I really am thinking that Felicity right now is NOT in his ear since she is not working for the police.  I'm guessing she does research for Oliver during the "case" (whelp, it's not even a mission anymore) but isn't' involved in the actual operations.  I REALLY need that to change as well.  And I mostly think it will, Felicity especially but I can't help wondering if it's possible they tweaked Arrow to make Batwoman more unique among the Arrowverse landscape.  Move Arrow more to a hero following the law cop hybrid than vigilante on the streets in the shadows.  

I don't absolutely hate the idea that Oliver would get to be a hero while sanctioned by the law but it needs to be NOT on the same level as just another cop.  Even if he's technically a consultant.  Castle and Elementary work because they need the brawn of the police partnered to the skills they provide.  GA has that covered and I HATE the SCPD ending up taking over the brain role of the partnership and edging Felicity out.  

There has to be a way out of this but with Argus going shady, hard to look to them for any fixes.  Where's Shield when you need it?  

5 hours ago, way2interested said:

So bigger Emiko and Rene roles = Dinah-heavy episode? As was the original statement

For me it's going to be a Dinah heavy episode anytime she's somewhere she really doesn't belong on this show and right now that's where she's assigned, right at Oliver's hip, giving HIM his marching orders and doing the smug stroll like she's constantly educating him on her world.  I don't like it and any of it is too much.  Lol.  

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

For me it's going to be a Dinah heavy episode anytime she's somewhere she really doesn't belong on this show and right now that's where she's assigned, right at Oliver's hip, giving HIM his marching orders and doing the smug stroll like she's constantly educating him on her world. I don't like it and any of it is too much. Lol.

I get the annoyance at the plot definitely, my thing is that it would make a pretty miserable show then if seeing a snippet of one scene throws away an entire episode as """"Dinah heavy"""" XD. This is just mostly coming out of the fact that I'm actually really interested in the Emiko plot that looks like it will actually be the majority of the episode that the one Dinah scene  in the promo kicks off anyway. 

Edited by way2interested
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I HATE cop Oliver dynamic.  I HATE not having that clandestine meeting feel and sneaking around through back channels or at the very least working with a hush hush government ops group.  Being a consultant for the SCPD and still wearing his GA outfit just looks silly.  And feels more like an elseworld than most of the crossover.  He's just Dinah's lapdog now.  It ruins the show's cool factor.  

Argh!  I hated him outing himself and this seems to be the worst case scenario of how he gets back in there.  It makes it a totally different show.   At the very least Dinah should have made him a secret undercover operative.   

And I really am thinking that Felicity right now is NOT in his ear since she is not working for the police.  I'm guessing she does research for Oliver during the "case" (whelp, it's not even a mission anymore) but isn't' involved in the actual operations.  I REALLY need that to change as well.  And I mostly think it will, Felicity especially but I can't help wondering if it's possible they tweaked Arrow to make Batwoman more unique among the Arrowverse landscape.  Move Arrow more to a hero following the law cop hybrid than vigilante on the streets in the shadows.  

Yeah, I'm not a fan. I miss the bunker and the team running out of that with Felicity on comms. I actually think Oliver working for the SCPD (and Dinah) is a huge mistake on Beth's part. Also it rubs me up the wrong way that Dinah will be in charge. Does that woman ever earn anything?! Makes my blood boil.

Unfortunately, no, I doubt Felicity is being Overwatch as we know it but then again, with Oliver randomly turning up to crime scenes in plain clothes, he's not the GA we know either. It's all so weird, I really hate it. But I was worried Felicity would be completely ignored or sidelined so I'm pleased that she is helping a little with the case, even if it's not the way I want her to right now. 

How many episodes do we think this Oliver/SCPD thing is gonna last? Surely they're all gonna suit up as a team again at some point soon, right?

• Love 5

It feels like they desperately trying to find things to do on this show now that's different from the previous years -- Oliver's outed himself and is working with the police, Felicity isn't in his ear any more, Diggle is working with ARGUS and took Curtis with him, Rene is now repeating Oliver's dicta instead of fighting against them, Dinah is the show's anchor in the present with Oliver at SCPD and the voice of the future.

I don't like it at all. This feels like a bad spin-off instead of the show I want.

11 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Also are we supposed to think Rene has known Emiko for a while? I’m confused.

Rene has been helping NGA for a while now. My guess is that he finally corners her and talks to her without her mask but he doesn't know that she's a Queen.

8 hours ago, way2interested said:

How is it that in looking at her DNA, Felicity can see it's a woman but not that she's related to Oliver (or at least that's how the show framed it with him and Thea)? Is that in the rest of the scene I guess?

You can tell it's a woman because of the XX sequence (as opposed to XY for a man). But to know that she's related to Oliver, Felicity would have to specifically compare her DNA to his (which we know she had in s3) and there's no reason for her to do that at this point.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I hope Oliver/SCPD is over by the end of 710. I doubt I'll get what I want. 

All I know is that the director of 712 posted a BTS pic of himself with SA, RG and JH at the SCPD set. SA was dressed as GA. That made me think I'll have to put up with this awfulness until then at least. I'M TIRED. 😫😂

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

How many episodes do we think this Oliver/SCPD thing is gonna last? Surely they're all gonna suit up as a team again at some point soon, right?

I think him working for the SCPD will be until the anti-vigilante law gets struck down (which could be a while), and then he'll go back to operating as the Green Arrow, while still working with the SCPD.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But to know that she's related to Oliver, Felicity would have to specifically compare her DNA to his (which we know she had in s3) and there's no reason for her to do that at this point.

She's able to recognize Oliver's DNA sequence by herself, so I was just thinking she could recognize the connection or a relation, which, now thinking about it, I wonder if she does anyway and figures out later during the episode that they are related.

• Love 1

Can we speed up to the part where Dinah dislikes/distrusts/hates/whatevers Oliver and Felicity? I know there's tattoo bonding at some point, but that seems dumb anyway, so let's skip over that too. I've really gone from zero to get her off my screen now on Dinah. 

• Love 6

Maybe when Crisis on Infinite Earths happens, all of NTA will be killed off, or just blink out of existence? I mean, its unlikely, but a girl can dream, right? 

But for real, I am really interested in how the upcoming Crisis will impact the future we have been seeing. Maybe the Crisis will lead to this depressing future, or this whole future will be retconned out of existence, as we will cut to a new future where the Queens (Oliver, Felicity, William, and Maya) are all in the future on a cute family trip or something? Again, a girl can dream.

I can see why they want to do Infinite Earths right now. They have at least two, probably three active Earths in this franchise (presumably Black Lightning is on another Earth), enough characters and types of characters, as well as elements (time travel, meta humans, magic, space, etc.) to make any effects meaningful, and I can see them being interested in doing something new with the franchise, eight years and several spin offs in. A big part of the original comic book story was to streamline the whole DC multiverse to make things less complicated, and change up the status quo, after all. I can see them being interested in getting Supergirl, and maybe even BL, into the main Earth with everyone else, or making some major changes to the franchise. After so many years, they are finally at the point where they could do this and have it really be effective, while also making things a bit less complicated for any new people, if they want to freshen things up. Granted, I dont know if they will go as hard as the comic story (the comic was a freaking bloodbath), and I dont know if it would last, as the multiverse has long since returned to comics, but its going to be a VERY long year of speculation.