Type keyword(s) to search

The Clothing Thread: What The Heck Are They Wearing?

• Start Topic

Wow, I kind of like Sneasel's shirt and jeans today even better than the plaid Jackson has been wearing for days.  Oh gawd he's doing the bull face again.  Um, is he getting overly pumped up or a bit tubby for his clothes or both?  I suspect he's aging since he's 30 playing a 22 yr old.

Nicky looks completely work appropriate in the eggplant dress.  Much more than what most people wear to the hospital.  I'm not a big fan of short hair but she's really rocking the Sharon Stone methinks. And she did get a little, um, a lot, bodacious as others have mentioned  Speaking of hair I like Kate's occasional blue streak. 

MA's dress is not my taste but she looks great in it.  If she would just tone down the buggy eye;.

It looks like all the men are trying to do the Bob's Big Boy cut.  Ick.

I don't understand why someone as pretty as Jordan keeps maintaining those ugly expressions.  She's ruining her career although she seems a bit more animated now that she is rid of Rafe.  I did like her in the t-shirt days before Creepy showed up. 

Ha ha, Ann in another wrap dress.  She looks like she's had a VaCa on an island.  Good for her. 

Can someone tell me if Creepy's accent is put on?  I'd really like to know because I'm not familiar with him.

Jordan has bitchy resting face, she can't help it!  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2353937/Why-Bitchy-Resting-Face-IS-real-phenomenon-Experts-reveal-women-DO-look-sad-angry-reason.html

Anne and Kate looked so beautiful today! Loved their hair and outfits. Kate's earring were cute. But that huge paperweight necklace was stupid.

Love Bev's skull scarf!!

Jen's hair and outfit looked really lame and weird. So. Normal for Jen.

• Love 1

Nicole's Big Bird jacket has made a reappearance -- along with some new highlights. And if I look hard enough, I can find a picture of me wearing a sweater/belt combo much like Melanie's -- from The Limited's 1986 collection. Some days, this show's wardrobe department just never disappoints. 

• Love 5

Please please get Judgy Jen out of the Tron dress.

I identified with Gary Numan or Kraftwerk but yes.  Still a vast  improvement over the CSNY peasant shirts.  She looked great in a bit of bohemian but given her politics that wasn't her.

• Love 1

Nicole's Big Bird jacket has made a reappearance -- along with some new highlights. And if I look hard enough, I can find a picture of me wearing a sweater/belt combo much like Melanie's -- from The Limited's 1986 collection. Some days, this show's wardrobe department just never disappoints. 

Everything old is new again?

• Love 1

I noticed that Melanie has the most flattering, form fitting scrubs.  I haven't thought to check out Maxine's, but everybody else's are the usual baggy kind.  Melanie gets a nice flattering nip at the waist and narrow pants.  She's special.

• Love 2

I noticed that Melanie has the most flattering, form fitting scrubs.  I haven't thought to check out Maxine's, but everybody else's are the usual baggy kind.  Melanie gets a nice flattering nip at the waist and narrow pants.  She's special.

She had nice scrubs the last time she was on too  with a flattering empire waist although she wore a lot of '80's dusty rose.  Now, as for the green shirtdress with *gasp* another belt...  She'd probably wear a belt with the scrubs if they'd let her. Dan's don't look terrible either. 

Edited because I forgot I was in the clothing thread.

Edited by QuelleC

I'm going to ignore for a minute it's grey/black/white week on Days but still...  Poor Nicole looks like Cruella Deville Linebacker.  Hope's vertical and horizontal stripes make me scream tv test pattern.  Jenn's kaleidoscope top was equally distracting but at least I wasn't looking at her straw head.  (To be fair, I heard she is a swimmer therefore the great arms but it destroys your hair.)  Jordan's big boobies under the chain holding the top of her too tight dress together?  WFT for work.  Jeannie T wore a more demure dress that was very similar with a cleavage cutout.  So...anything grey and tweedy is fine for work?  While Jeannie looked great with the Clara Bow lips as long as she doesn't do it every day, everyone was wearing too much makeup to compensate for the clothing color I guess.  I didn't mind the additional color, it just looked like a ton of foundation on everybody. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Wow, that dress Serena was wearing made her look like a low rent hooker.  MA has a great curvy body, so she can pull it off, but seriously, why would she wear something like that.  And then she was clomping around Eric's apartment looking for the elephant (!).  I don't think she has to dress conservatively but I think she might want to look a wee bit more appropriate.  

I liked Adrienne's dress, and also Eve's blouse, and they were similar in fabric.  And, I even like Jenn's outfit, especially with the short jacket.

Jenn looked nice in the red lipstick.

Paige's hair looked nice in the loose curls.

Nicole (A/Z) had some HUGE boobies in that blue dress from a few days ago. Quite obvious that she had some work done...

• Love 1

Nicole's jacket of many feathers is back. Serena is wearing an animal print jacket. And they were talking about those stupid elephant statues. It was like a scene out of Wild Kingdom.

agree ALL of the above and then the rest of the cast always in leather I was wondering ok who in the powers that be has some animal fixation here.

seriously those coats were redic ugly and cheap looking. And not to objectify AZ and its not judgy but her recent(ish?) boob job is really obvious.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

What I find hilarious about her boob job is how she has been wearing these dresses that just DISPLAY them!  It's so distracting but also very amusing.  I think Maxine or someone else actually made a comment about her boobs in an indirect way.

I thought her blouse today was beautiful (and I would not have been wearing it if I was shaving someone), and her hair also looked fantastic.

• Love 2

KDP has an amazing body but I hate those dresses she wears, but I guess they match her cougar'ish character.  Now Serena, OTOH, WTF is she wearing some 80s dress that is formfitting and with "fake glass beads you put in a vase" at the neckline?  I hate the clothing they put her in.  MA is curvy but still, could we have a bit of class here?  I just don't get Africa loving, medical journalist from her wardrobe.

I love the Bohemian look on Paige, and I actually even liked Paige today when she was talking to Daniel.  Smiling Paige is better than whiny pouty Paige.

I liked Jenn's leather jacket, and I even liked her hair, less severe.  But I still don't like her.

• Love 3

KDP has an amazing body but I hate those dresses she wears, but I guess they match her cougar'ish character.  Now Serena, OTOH, WTF is she wearing some 80s dress that is formfitting and with "fake glass beads you put in a vase" at the neckline?  I hate the clothing they put her in.  MA is curvy but still, could we have a bit of class here?  I just don't get Africa loving, medical journalist from her wardrobe..

I never want to see a woman on this show, any show, in real life, in animal print again. It's even worse than the sleeveless cocktail dresses, v-neck t's, and whatever style Will's wardrobe is supposed to be.

• Love 1

I never want to see a woman on this show, any show, in real life, in animal print again. It's even worse than the sleeveless cocktail dresses, v-neck t's, and whatever style Will's wardrobe is supposed to be.

With the wardrobe from Empire tearing up the Net, expect to see lots and lots of animal prints in fashion.

If we're lucky it'll get caught in an escalator.    Seriously though I thought it was an improvement until I saw it went down to her knees.  It's whatever she's doing to her hair that I find distracting. 

• Love 2

Marlena in that lumber jack plaid shirt is one was such an OOC outfit that it took me out of the scene on occasion. I've got no problem with Mar being casual. I just don't see her being that casual. I wouldn't even buy Marlena donning that to clean around the house on a Saturday morning, because you know Mar has got staff.  So no way do I see this as acceptable character wear out in public. I would buy it if were John's shirt and she were wearing it after sexy times or if John was away or gone and she wore it to feel closer to him.

I guess it is officially spring in Salem. I notice they are not even really bothering too much coats and such. 

The black and blue dress Serena was wearing was very nice and one of the most flattering things I have seen her wear on the show. 

• Love 2

Yes, something major changed in wardrobe and hair.  Serena went from being dressed like Sable Colby to looking a little more chic in that black/blue number, although she still clomps around in those skintight dresses, so it looks all wrong in the end.  Loved Nicole in an outfit that wasn't serving up her newly installed melons.  Eve looked less cougarish than usual. 

But wtf was going on with Melanie's hair? It actually looked like a bad halloween wig.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wouldn't even buy Marlena donning that to clean around the house on a Saturday morning, because you know Mar has got staff. 

Not human staff.  Mar has a whole garage full of roombas.  Jawn's not the ONLY one who had an affair.  Just ask R2D2 about their night of love, and all the little roombas that were the result.

Sparkle has LOTS of family to meet!

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

Yes, something major changed in wardrobe and hair.  Serena went from being dressed like Sable Colby to looking a little more chic in that black/blue number, although she still clomps around in those skintight dresses, so it looks all wrong in the end.  Loved Nicole in an outfit that wasn't serving up her newly installed melons.  Eve looked less cougarish than usual. 

But wtf was going on with Melanie's hair? It actually looked like a bad halloween wig.

You done took me back with that Sable Colby reference. This was especially true on that day she was lounging around in her hotel room in that blue cocktail dress with rhinestone details in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. ALSO, OMG at her clomping around. For the longest, there was always something about her that put me in mind of Alison Sweeney for me but I couldn't place what it was but now I think you pinpointed it for me. Their clomping about. Serena doesn't make entrances into rooms like Sami did and she doesn't huff and puff like Sami but she does have the same purposeful determined walk and stride. No shade.

It is like wardrobe just refuses to run a brush or comb thru Mel's hair. The actress gets out of bed, comes to work, they put her in wardrobe and do her makeup but never touch her hair. I just don't get it. How is that even considered a hairstyle?

I hate Dan's perpetual 5 o'clock shadow. I hate Brady's overly manicured scruff - it almost looks like stencilling. Like someone had the time and patience and took the finest pointed Sharpie and gives him a beard, dot by dot.

• Love 2

It is like wardrobe just refuses to run a brush or comb thru Mel's hair. The actress gets out of bed, comes to work, they put her in wardrobe and do her makeup but never touch her hair. I just don't get it. How is that even considered a hairstyle?

Maybe it actually is the actress? I remember back when I was still watching Y&R (years ago), there were a lot of complaints about Amelia Heinle's unkempt hair as Victoria, and finally someone in hair & makeup came right out in an interview and said it wasn't their doing.

I remember Farah Fath, who played Mimi, always did her own makeup, which led to some weird looks onscreen. Remember when she was gold? And then she went persimmon. Lips and skin all the same shade.

Did JE forget her makeup today?

While I think it's about time somebody brought back the blouse, Failure's versions look lately like they've been plucked out of the back of Maggie's' closet.  Except for the stupid cutouts in the back.

I've seen that ugly necklace on Kate several times. 

I have such a thing about fit and men's suits. Nothing like a well tailored suit on a fit man so Xander's has been driving me crazy. It looks like he is wearing his dad's suit jackets. They just don't sit well on him and they look long in the sleeve. It seemed extra apparent when he was wearing the light gray jacket the other day in his scene with Naggie, Eric and Dr. Jesus. 

I loved the floral dress Eve was wearing. 

agree re the ill fitting suits.

That dress looked horrid on JE.  If they are going to pair her with Lucas they have to liven up her wardrobe and make it a little younger.

Edited by bannana

Ugh, Farah Fath.  I was glad to have quit OLTL when I did and thankfully missed most of her run.  She always had such stupid looking haircuts.

Every. single. thing. about FF is worth missing.  You were so wise!  I still wake up screaming.....

• Love 2
(edited)

Okay, I have tried to bite my tongue but, now that I've been checking out all the Xander/Nicole scenes and Xander scenes in general I demand to know what wardrobe is doing to Serena? Those tube dresses are doing her no favours, can't they find something else for her to wear? There must be some other alternative that doesn't leave her looking like a substitute for Peggy Bundy.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

Melanie apparently lost the back of her sweater and had to tie it together with cords.

Wasn't that a sight??  Until she turned around I didn't think anything of it.  But between that sweater and what they've been dressing Abigail in these past few days, there has to be some mad reject from Project Runway locked in a basement somewhere making these outfits.

It's like the Elaine manniquin storyline from Seinfeld.

• Love 1