Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: There's No Place Like Home

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2018 at 1:10 PM, weaver said:

I was thinking more of her clothes, hair, general debutante vibe.  Its just not that kind of place.  And from the pictures we see at the Habitat for Humanity do, she projected the same image in those days.  

On 8/10/2018 at 2:26 PM, biakbiak said:

But Tinsley went to Columbia College and graduated with a specific degree in Art History. Lots of superficial people and even crazy stupid people graduated from good schools.

She was underage partying it up with her sister who is younger than her.

She comes across as an idiot on screen. It was the same on her first reality show.

She might be sweet and she might be nice but she is full of crazy. I'm not picturing valedictorian - more like bottom of the class - but still passed.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I thought that was strange too, but as someone put it out there, maybe they planned to discuss this so that Tinz could get her narrative out there? Who knows? In any case, Carole didn’t look good doing it. 

I don’t put that past them but then damn Tinsley is a great actress because she looked sucker punched in that moment.

• Love 12
On 8/10/2018 at 3:34 PM, Double A said:

I was so startled by Carole going there with Tinsley. Who brings up an abusive relationship like let's have a teachable moment for the class! It was a viper bite to an unsuspecting bunny. 

I saw contempt at Tinsley coming from Carole. I think Tinsley is a better friend to Carole than Carole is to Tinsley.

It was more like I'm going to take Tinsley down a notch, I know what will make her upset.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I saw contempt at Tinsley coming from Carole. I think Tinsley is a better friend to Carole than Carole is to Tinsley.

It was more like I'm going to take Tinsley down a notch, I know what will make her upset.

Yes, that was kinda creepy. It's like Carole seemed to have a hard time understanding that someone's experience (or opinion) could be different than hers, and still be valid and completely non-pathological.

I don't really believe Tinsley was in denial about the danger, I think she was familiar with that boat trip and knew that that's how it can go. What seems scary to the uninitiated doesn't to someone who's done it before.

• Love 17
On 8/10/2018 at 3:18 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

The greatest unsolved mystery of RHONY is that Fabio was apparently hot for Ramona back in the day. I require more details!

I thought all Ramona said was he asked me out on a date...nothing more..not even that they actual ever went on a date.

True story: Back in my senior year of high school I was part of the internship program. I went with my supervisor to a meeting at a jeans company office. In the meeting was Fabio and his then manager Rhonda Gainer. She wanted to launch a print campaign called "Sign Of The Times" with Fabio being in most of the pics. I remember them shooting down the "budget" requested - I think they agreed to 1/4 of what she asked. During the meeting - I swear if she could have crawled under the table to lick him like a lollipop she would have audience or no audience, Fabio seemed very uncomfortable with her behavior. In the bathroom, I overheard some other people discussing Rhonda and how she is promising him the world and if she keeps trying to get him into bed he's either going to drop her as a manager or sue. Three months later he dropped her. It was so surreal for me as a high school student to see alleged "adults" behave this way.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I remember Heather being really awful to Kristin, who was supposed to be her friend. She dumped her at a race and ran with Kristin's husband, and subtly made fun of her with him. Yuck, gross, bitch move. Then she was an ass to her in Montana and picked on her during that idiotic Geo search and, while Kristin was terrified of heights, belittled her rock climbing or jumping or whatever. She not great with fellow women unless they are high up on the food chain, and I really loved when she would get all "gangsta", to show how bad-ass tough she was, retch. Yeah, Heather, you're so from the hood, you're practically a Blood, dahling! Ugh. Heather. 

Carole was mean to Kristen too.

That's why initially Kristen tried hanging with Sonja and Ramona.

Carole made Kristen's Nail Polish meeting about herself - wasn't she trying to come up with names she thought were cutesy - like Orgasm and such?

I also remember her getting Kristen worked up so that she could go guns a blazing at Bethenny then saying whoopsie in her TH.

Carole sux, glad she's gone.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

She had to bring her down a notch. God forbid Tinsley should be the level headed one in any situation. Carole took real offense to Tinsley taking the boat ride in stride.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I really can't stand that Hipster Doofus. Something about his presence on screen makes me disgusted. I hate his look, his aura, his energy, his whole persona disgusts me. I know this is a lot but for some reason, I just have this visceral reaction to this lazy, parasitic loaf.

7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Understand...

Every time he's on screen, I expect him to say, "Dude, where's my car?"

It unanimous...Douchebag Man-Bun rates 0 Radishes by all

• Love 8
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Yes,  I agree with you. I also don't think they are all done at one time.

Years ago, on another Bravo show and few of the cast members I know it was FI Tom but there was someone else did a radio interview. He said before they start filming for the season, they are each asked to bring 6 complete outfits, they then meet with production and the final 3 outfits are chosen for the TH shots. For the women and for the men, each look should be accompanied by the same make-up, hair, jewelry. The outfits are left at the location where they film the TH shots. For VPR, each cast member has a signature drink sitting by a small table. The TH Shots are done every 4 weeks - so about 4 times for the filming season. There might be an emergency TH shot filler - if something REALLY juicy happens during filming.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I'm pretty sure it's true. No one would rent that Hamptons house all year round, only during the summer, and she probably wants some summer time in it herself. Not sure about not paying taxes on it though....maybe it not being classified as a rental property, she doesn't have to?

In NY, Ramona can rent the place out for 2 weeks and not have to pay certain taxes.

I think with the updates Ramona did - she can get more money per month renting than she would have the way it used to look.

Ramona's home is in a better location than Bethenny's rental property she bought at the beginning of the season. I think Ramona wants to rent to a family on vacation. I see Beth's client as more of the Jersey Shore, Summer house group.

I also think Ramona would sell the Hamptons house if she were given the right offer and would squirrel some money and then buy a smaller place.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

In NY, Ramona can rent the place out for 2 weeks and not have to pay certain taxes.

I think with the updates Ramona did - she can get more money per month renting than she would have the way it used to look.

Ramona's home is in a better location than Bethenny's rental property she bought at the beginning of the season. I think Ramona wants to rent to a family on vacation. I see Beth's client as more of the Jersey Shore, Summer house group.

I also think Ramona would sell the Hamptons house if she were given the right offer and would squirrel some money and then buy a smaller place.

If I'm wrong I apologize, but for some reason, I'm under the belief she's beachfront. I think that's worth more than the decor of the home, or doesn't that matter in The Hamptons? Do they have the patience to deal with sand all over themselves?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Am I reading right?  Sonja won’t pee on the Jitney?  Sonja, a depends is for an emergency, not to pee and then sit in it like a baby.  You go in the bathroom and squat.  Wash your hands and go sit down.  Boy, is this broad stupid or what?  She’s so fussy, but her whole house and backyard is full of shit.

I think that's what Sonja does on her patio.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

If I'm wrong I apologize, but for some reason, I'm under the belief she's beachfront. I think that's worth more than the decor of the home, or doesn't that matter in The Hamptons? Do they have the patience to deal with sand all over themselves?

Location location.

Compare the 2 - Ramona's price for 1 month is 165K and Bethenny's price is 150K for the whole season

• Love 3
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I think she SAYS she won’t drop her price for the cameras, but in private, all bets are off and she’ll negotiate. Sonja is most definitely for sale. 

Or if she won’t drop the price, she will eventually, or she’ll learn that she can’t get rented. The market always gets its price. 

I think along with the RH apple, you're going to have to pry the townhouse out of her dying hands.

Sonja does not want to sell that spot, she is never going to get the asking price either as a rental or to sell.

I do think she will eventually have no choice but to sell and will be shell shocked at the offers she will be given. The "renovations" done are hiding every structural thing wrong with the place. If someone ever buys - they will need to gut the entire place down to the joists

• Love 8
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I also think HE dumped HER... or made her dump him by having sexy salad time with other people. She’s the scorned one. He was being magnanimous by saying they should get together. She’s still salty. 

I think they broke up a long time ago and came to the agreement that he would appear as her on screen boyfriend as long as there was something in it for him financially. Carole was not the only recipient of heart shaped pizzas

• Love 8
4 hours ago, bagger said:

I’m rewatching because I’m bored but I’m not fast forwarding through Carole scenes.

1. What she did to Tinsley is unforgivable. You don’t bring up something as sensitive as a past abusive relationship to explain a reaction to a trivial situation. I grew up on the water and a boat trip like these women experienced is not out of the ordinary in certain bodies of water when the water is rough. Maybe Tinsley has made this trip before, maybe she grew up on boats or maybe she had enough sense to know that panicking and acting a fool doesn’t help.

2. Watching carol and Adam interact was like watching paint dry. It was a painful scene like watching two inexperienced adolescents circle each other not like two full grown adults that have been screwing for three years. 

I still fast forwarded through dorinda’s scene with John because I can’t stand the way she treats him.

I also watched again.  Can you imagine if that was Dorinda Carole was saying that to?  Carole thinks she’s so smart concerning everything.  Since she revealed she’s leaving (fired), she’s worse than before, letting it all out.  She should be ashamed of herself for speaking to poor Tinsley that way.  Tinsley is a sweetheart.  Dorinda should go too, along with Carole.  They both are mean.  I just can’t look at Dorinda anymore.  She’s making it like John should be honored to be with her.  I think they broke up recently.  I hope.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 8
On 8/8/2018 at 6:09 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh shut up Carole. She can't take it anymore that Tinsley was more together than she was on the boat.

I have to say amen to that. 

Carole couldn't have been more sanctimonious while dissing Tinsley for not freaking out on the boat.  "Oh the boat was going this way and that, and Tinsley thinks it's normal??  I just keep remembering that she's been in an abusive relationship so wouldn't anyone just assume she has no brain and doesn't know shit about anything?" Ugh, some friend.

Every time I see Adam, all I can think is what a skanky user he is.  He comes to the party with a lame-afterthought present that would have been more fitting to bring to her "marathon party" and pretends he's still interested in her.  Carole is definitely still sweating him but pretending not to be.  He must have been needing to use some contact of hers or something, otherwise I'm thinking he wouldn't waste his time on ol' miz buckteeth schoolmarm.  

Big wow - Carole wrote a fluff piece for Cosmo.  I mean, who even reads Cosmopolitan magazine anymore?  Ages ago it became a brain-dead rag for women with not much going on upstairs besides makeup, fashion and casual sex.

Carole, you're a world class dipshit.  So just shut it now and go away, okay?

On 8/8/2018 at 6:15 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Sonja can’t be expected to clean up her own poop what makes this lady think she would clean up animals lol why not just diaper all the animal kingdom. 

I'm getting the idea that Sonja got rid of her pets because she's too lazy to clean up after them anymore.

Doris can also shut it with her "all I've done for LuAnn with Tom".  Like what, for instance?  "She stood by her side through a lot of crap"  Pfffffft. Lame.  She called her?  Took her to lunch and listened to her woes?  Yeah -- Lu owes Doris big time for all that.

Oh, and right -- she just wanted to be sure she and John are always in a growing space in their relationship.  What the fuck does that even mean?  She wants to be the best she can be, you know, like getting hammered often and spewing her rage at everyone within earshot.  Because she has a big heart, but little patience (after 15 drinks). 

I'm thinking did John lose a bunch of weight?  I noticed his blue eyes for the first time -- he actually looked almost cute.  Maybe that's why he's suddenly in favor with her?

I can tell Doris dresses herself.  She's wearing her long out of fashion clothes again -- the same 1974 bell bottoms in this ep as she wore the last one, and that outfit at the party looks like she went shopping at her local Goodwill, picked out a few garments and threw them all on.  The high neck long sleeve blouse that has been out of fashion for decades, the tacky boho jacket, none of it goes together.  At all.  We've heard of drunk dialing.  I think she must be drunk dressing.

B hit the nail on the head when she said Carole only wants friends who are young, fun and have no responsibilities.  High five to Lu for her "that's how she likes her guys too" comment. 

And I learned you can't fix burnt marinara sauce.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 18

I’m wondering how Bethenny is doing.  Who is she going to talk to about this?  Sonja?  Dennis was her confidant, probably for many years.  There’s nothing new in the news, except for Jill Zarin commenting on the death.  Maybe this is Jill’s chance to squeeze back in.  Hmmm.  Maybe Andy, since they are all out in the Hamptons?

Just now, Gem 10 said:

I’m wondering how Bethenny is doing.  Who is she going to talk to about this?  Sonja?  Dennis was her confidant, probably for many years.  There’s nothing new in the news, except for Jill Zarin commenting on the death.  Maybe this is Jill’s chance to squeeze back in.  Hmmm.  Maybe Andy, since they are all out in the Hamptons?

She has a number of really close girlfriends.  The one in Miami that she’s known since HG, the one with dark hair that was her college roommate, and one she refers to as ‘phone a friend’.  She is also in therapy so there’s a doctor who knows her.  Andy is not that kind of friend.  I think I’ve seen him once at a party at her new apartment.  I’m wondering if Luann is in that tight circle now too?

• Love 6
On 8/8/2018 at 7:13 PM, absolutelyido said:

I thought Luann was incredibly rude about Ramona's remodel. Very neutral and a little sparse, but I thought it looked good. Ramona's house was very dated before, and I think she gave it a nice update. 

It did not look luxe like Bethenny's place, but I like the uncluttered look.  Hated the new dining table and chairs -- looks like the break room furniture where I work.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 3
On 8/9/2018 at 12:56 PM, Ki-in said:

This picture says a lot. Like we're done but there's cameras rolling and which camera is filming this? And just because he asked about "coffee" doesn't mean anything more than he might want coffee when his regular coffee shop is closed, not that she is his favorite or exclusive flavor anymore.  I have known people who have gone through horrible divorces/break ups and the man still has the nerve to ask about having coffee again or from time to time. I think Carole finally realizes this and has factored in her decision to switch to tea.

4EF2F12700000578-6041725-image-a-97_1533

Bless you Ki-in, I have never read a more timeless truth than this. ^^^  And there are so many women who don't know this.  Who think that if he still asks, then he must still be having extra special feelings.  Um, no.  It only means he knows you have a warm place to put it and would avail himself if it's okay.  Something every girl dreams of, right?  Some guys are dumb, but some girls are dumber  ....  like me -- I've been there  >:-/

• Love 8
On 8/9/2018 at 10:31 PM, Gem 10 said:

She is so sickening and a phony.  She uses John and continuously talks about Richard, the love of her life.  She has become unlikeable.  She also spits out everything she has done for you since she’s known you.        

She also spits out her food on you.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole was mean to Kristen too.

That's why initially Kristen tried hanging with Sonja and Ramona.

Carole made Kristen's Nail Polish meeting about herself - wasn't she trying to come up with names she thought were cutesy - like Orgasm and such?

I also remember her getting Kristen worked up so that she could go guns a blazing at Bethenny then saying whoopsie in her TH.

Carole sux, glad she's gone.

Who’s giving Carole a “going away” party?  We all know how she loves a party, or should I say “demands” a party?

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Every time I see Adam, all I can think is what a skanky user he is.  He comes to the party with a lame-afterthought present that would have been more fitting to bring to her "marathon party" and pretends he's still interested in her. 

He really does emanate some low energy skank, doesn't he? He rolls in there like a lost dustball that picked up some stray floor hairs along the way and manages just enough energy to lift that trophy and vocal fry some words out. If he really worked on that thing for four days, his parents should be concerned.

That said, after smoking a big joint and playing a half-hearted round of hacky sack, I totally would have happily slept with him in my 20s.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

He really does emanate some low energy skank, doesn't he? He rolls in there like a lost dustball that picked up some stray floor hairs along the way and manages just enough energy to lift that trophy and vocal fry some words out. If he really worked on that thing for four days, his parents should be concerned.

That said, after smoking a big joint and playing a half-hearted round of hacky sack, I totally would have happily slept with him in my 20s.

They both could use a B-12 shot.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

... He rolls in there like a lost dustball that picked up some stray floor hairs along the way and manages just enough energy to lift that trophy and vocal fry some words out...

Hands down the single most brilliant post I have ever read! I can actually see the dustball, feel the dustball and my skin is still crawling. Rlmao!

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

She also spits out her food on you.

Sometimes it doesn't actually make it out all the way. So viewers and her target are forced to watch a grain of rice, pasta do the mamba around her mouth.

• Love 5

Hanging around with Bethenny hasn't been doing Luann any favors. Seems like her mean girl/bitchiness level has been cranked up from 100+ to about 250. Ramona's house wasn't everybody's cup of tea (maybe Carole's) but it was OK and if Ramona is happy, that's all that matters.

I have seen that the athleisure look is a strong trend right now, especially those pants with the racing stripes down the legs. My thoughts were that Dorinda rocked it the best. I think sometimes D can look kinda frumpy, like in that drab olive green outfit she had on during the boat trip/island hop. She looked great in that black catsuit! Carole looked ridiculous with those heavy gold chains and her eye makeup was pretty (for somebody about 15-20 years younger) but aged her terribly. Flava Flay. LOL! Her hair is so unflattering.  She really did look like she was either "Dude's" mother or aunt. Ick. 

I feel really bad for Carole if Adam was all the better she could do. Red Scarf is worlds apart from that manbun wannabee. Ugh. I could almost get a contact high from him through the TV screen. The first time I heard, "I now drink tea," wink-wink made me think it was a shout-out to switching teams. 

I can't add anything to the ambush armchair therapy session with Tinsley after what has already been said. ITA is was totally out of the blue and very hurtful.  I don't see anything wrong with Scott. He seems like a nice and very generous guy. Tinsley seems kind of high maintenance for him, but he appears to treat her well. I don't blame him for needing to take breaks from her, though. His birthday (and mine) are tomorrow. So happy birthday to my fellow Leo!  Her party costume was just funny and I think on her behalf, it was a total spoof. I mean, who needs "to put thought into" pulling on a track suit, trainers or any item of clothing with a Nike, Adidias, Puma, logo, etc.?

Does Cosmo really throw a party every month when the new issues hits the newsstands?

John seems like an OK guy. Obviously, very much more into Dorinda than she is into him. I wonder is any woman has ever watched the show and caught Dorinda wearing her dress that she forgot to pick up from the dry cleaners. I'd love to see a scene like that where Slurinda gets confronted in a restaurant. That would make a funny bonus scene.

This is disgusting that Sonja is too f-ing lazy to clean up after her own pets. I am actually grateful that her other pets were rehomed to good people who hopefully are slathering them with love, attention and TLC, as well as cleaning up after them. I only wish that somebody would sneak in and take that poor dyed poodle. 

OK. I am still trying to catch up on past seasons, but what is the reason why Luann would snub John from her cabaret show and after party? Is there some back story or is this just a passive-aggressive FU to Dorinda for the Colombia argument?

I am not going to say anything about Bethenny out of respect for her recent personal loss, other than I didn't care for her apartment decor.

You guys are so great! I have so much fun reading the snark here! 

• Love 10

Just wanted to add that I found that Carole and Tinsley scene rather jarring as well.  Months ago on WWHL Carole did mention - I forget the exact context - that she and Tins were not 'thick as theives' contrary to what Bethenny was saying.  Poor Tinsley, it must have sucked for her hear that.

i don't mind Tinsley at all.  Sure she is vapid but she brought a lot of comic relief to an otherwise dark season.   I do believe that her silly- little-girl act is just an act.  Seeing how traditional her mother is, she'd probably been taught since an early age to downplay her intelligence in order to be more attractive to men. 

Loved the scene of B and LuAnn at Bite Beauty.  Not their catty conversation, I liked seeing the lab that I'd always been curious about.  I love their products and am OBSESSED with their liquid lipstick, I have like every color.

scary about Dennis.  He knew he was overdosing because he asked his housekeeper to get him some Narcan? omg :-(. Very sad for Bethenny but I hope she doesn't make it her storyline net season.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

Hanging around with Bethenny hasn't been doing Luann any favors. Seems like her mean girl/bitchiness level has been cranked up from 100+ to about 250. Ramona's house wasn't everybody's cup of tea (maybe Carole's) but it was OK and if Ramona is happy, that's all that matters.

I have seen that the athleisure look is a strong trend right now, especially those pants with the racing stripes down the legs. My thoughts were that Dorinda rocked it the best. I think sometimes D can look kinda frumpy, like in that drab olive green outfit she had on during the boat trip/island hop. She looked great in that black catsuit! Carole looked ridiculous with those heavy gold chains and her eye makeup was pretty (for somebody about 15-20 years younger) but aged her terribly. Flava Flay. LOL! Her hair is so unflattering.  She really did look like she was either "Dude's" mother or aunt. Ick. 

I feel really bad for Carole if Adam was all the better she could do. Red Scarf is worlds apart from that manbun wannabee. Ugh. I could almost get a contact high from him through the TV screen. The first time I heard, "I now drink tea," wink-wink made me think it was a shout-out to switching teams. 

I can't add anything to the ambush armchair therapy session with Tinsley after what has already been said. ITA is was totally out of the blue and very hurtful.  I don't see anything wrong with Scott. He seems like a nice and very generous guy. Tinsley seems kind of high maintenance for him, but he appears to treat her well. I don't blame him for needing to take breaks from her, though. His birthday (and mine) are tomorrow. So happy birthday to my fellow Leo!  Her party costume was just funny and I think on her behalf, it was a total spoof. I mean, who needs "to put thought into" pulling on a track suit, trainers or any item of clothing with a Nike, Adidias, Puma, logo, etc.?

Does Cosmo really throw a party every month when the new issues hits the newsstands?

John seems like an OK guy. Obviously, very much more into Dorinda than she is into him. I wonder is any woman has ever watched the show and caught Dorinda wearing her dress that she forgot to pick up from the dry cleaners. I'd love to see a scene like that where Slurinda gets confronted in a restaurant. That would make a funny bonus scene.

This is disgusting that Sonja is too f-ing lazy to clean up after her own pets. I am actually grateful that her other pets were rehomed to good people who hopefully are slathering them with love, attention and TLC, as well as cleaning up after them. I only wish that somebody would sneak in and take that poor dyed poodle. 

OK. I am still trying to catch up on past seasons, but what is the reason why Luann would snub John from her cabaret show and after party? Is there some back story or is this just a passive-aggressive FU to Dorinda for the Colombia argument?

I am not going to say anything about Bethenny out of respect for her recent personal loss, other than I didn't care for her apartment decor.

You guys are so great! I have so much fun reading the snark here! 

Beth brought out the mean girl in Sonja and Lu. 

• Love 4
On 8/11/2018 at 3:42 PM, bagger said:

Carol likes to be the one in control. She doesn’t want to be the one that “over reacted.” 

Well, maybe it’s better she didn’t have kids.  She would lose her control, lose her temper, lose her “ cool” and lose her mind.  For sure.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Doris can also shut it with her "all I've done for LuAnn with Tom".  Like what, for instance?  "She stood by her side through a lot of crap"  Pfffffft. Lame.  She called her?  Took her to lunch and listened to her woes?  Yeah -- Lu owes Doris big time for all that.

But she almost got arrested for her!

My guess is this means, "I drunkenly berated Tom for having the gall to have a NYE party on the same yacht as the engagement party that I drunkenly toasted to you guys on" and that he almost called the cops on her because she was a belligerent drunk.  Meanwhile, who the fuck is she for  getting involved in what Tom does post-divorce?  If I had a friend screaming at an ex, I'd take her aside and tell her to shut the fuck up.  A real friend wouldn't make your ex feel like you're still harboring feelings over him.  A  good friend to me is one who sees your ex and tells them how fabulous you are doing post- breakup as if the breakup was no biggie.  Breakups are hard enough without your ex feeling like they really destroyed you and this is why your friend is coming after him!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
On 8/11/2018 at 2:41 PM, Rap541 said:

I think what Victoria did wasn't stupid or dumbass, it was racist. 

I think Luann wanted her kid's racist youtube video to be hushed up and ignored so that her kid wouldn't have to deal with the consequences of being Victoria De Lessups, Racist. If Ramona was driving a stake  thru Luann, maybe it was because Luann was always so hoity toity about what a great mom she was and when her kid does something reprehensible, she wants everyone to pretend it didn't happen and she certainly doesn't want any critical comment on it. Which is how Luann always handles her issues.

This was a really odd place for Carole to go. I mean, the boat trip was scary but I thought Tinsley was having a pretty normal reaction. And Carole didn't have anything to be ashamed of - I didn't think she acted like a terrified wackjob, she seemed tense and sick but thats totally normal. Like someone else said above, I don't think Carole would appreciate hearing from anyone that she needed to consider if her reaction to the boat trip was because her friends died in the water. 

Oddly enough, at age 46, a star of RHONY had her own racist moments.  While she didn't spew the "n-word," she apparently made some comments that were really horrid.  And ones she never apologized for.  https://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2016/04/14/bethenny-frankel-real-housewives-new-york-bad-advice.htmlThen there was the tweet about no English speaking cashiers at Kmart.  https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bethenny-frankel-under-fire-for-controversial-racist-tweet-88355

Victoria's remark was certainly racist and the N-word should NEVER be uttered out of any white person's mouth, but I can find forgiveness that a 16 year-old did this and she actually faced some consequences (kicked out of school).  The 46 year-old who commented that she's like a black woman (b/c she's loud!)  and complained about Spanish speaking employees in a menial job is still quite beloved, still has her current job, has never apologized nor suffered any consequence over it other than some twitter outrage.  Not sure why she's one of the few people that can make comments like this and still get new show offerings and have it swept under the rug.  I guess Beth has a lot of fans that don't seem to care she's had her own racist moments.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 11

Really weird how nothing can be discussed without Bethenny being brought into it. Her comments were ragged on when they happened for sure. 

Personally, I think Victoria got pretty solid punishment via going viral in a most unappealing way and, since she was a child, hopefully learned from it.

• Love 9
On 8/11/2018 at 10:40 AM, Midnight Cheese said:

was so startled by Carole going there with Tinsley. Who brings up an abusive relationship like let's have a teachable moment for the class! It was a viper bite to an unsuspecting bunny. 

This was definitely unforgivable. I was in an abusive marriage 28 years ago. Different things would trigger me for a number of years, because they triggered a memory. But being calm on a boat while others were retching, is not related to a relationship, but maybe more related to being being on boats in choppy waters -

and what a horrible, nasty thing to say to a “friend”

• Love 14
On 8/9/2018 at 12:21 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

Ramona said at her launch party when she saw they had white roses there "oh, those are my signature flower".  Whatevs Ro. 

Ha! I caught that too and lol-ed! Ramoner. She has a signature color and a signature flower. something about her makes me think she always looks dated. Even her little black dress at Carole's thing looked dated. All of her reunion looks have a Mother-of-the-bride look to me and nothing she ever wears really looks expensive, just too shiny. She's the worst dressed out of the ny-ers to me.

• Love 9
On 8/9/2018 at 12:26 PM, coops said:

My feelings about the women in this episode:

Dorinda- oh my god will you get over the fact Luann tried to tell you that were drunk! You can just feel she is warming up for a season long feud like the one she had with Sonja, which has gone on for more than one season now. You were drunk! You are a drunk! Do you not watch the show?

Bethenny- trying, with varying degrees of success, to beef up her relationships with the other women before the season is out and the reunion begins. She had one on one time with Sonja, Dorinda and Luann this episode and it all seemed very calculated to me. Dorinda got the "prize" of being the first to see her apartment then got dumped on by Bethenny is the next scene when she and Luann were talking about her. The whole Sonja/Beth friendship seems fake. Bethenny is trying too hard. She does have the best apartment in the world though.

Ramona- I'm not sure I understand B's statement that Ramona's new skincare thing is a 'fairytale.' Does she mean it's just an excuse for a party? Is the skin care not available in to buy? Ramona IS a business woman who has made millions so why would she need to pretend to bring out a skincare line? Is it all just for the show and airtime? Or does B just mean that Ramona is destined to fail with this latest product? I'm confused! As for her house in the Hamptons I don't think it looked THAT bad and it sure looked better than it did before!

Luann- Her voice sounds so croaky! That was all I could focus on.

Carole- perfect time to wheel Heather in, Carole, well played! 

Love this. Very astute notice of Bethenny trying to round up some allies before reunion.  Never noticed before, but now seems so obvious. Well played, indeed!

It does feel that Ramoner has a launch party for something at almost every finale party, though, doesn't it? Whatever happened to Pinot Ramoner?

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
On 8/9/2018 at 2:08 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

Because that's just how they treat each other. How many times have we seen Ramona call Luann "LuMan"? "Countless" and the whole Tom situation.I could go on and on. Ramona is a Big ol 'B to Lu. And sometimes Lu pays her back.

Can't stand that Ramona calls her LuMan. What did Lu ever do to Ramona really? however, even as I just defended Lu, I always thought she was just beastly to Alex. I can't forget the lunch they had together after Morocco, when Alex attempted to tell her off or at least clear the air...Lu sliced and diced her in 2 seconds. It wasn't even a close fight, she had no respect for Alex, and showed it... however...I never liked Alex. lol. I find myself flip-flopping on all of them so often. I guess that's what makes the show compelling. I just like a fair fight. I don't like when they hit below the belt-I remember the comment lu made to Carole about her not having children, then laughed in her face about it...so incredibly cruel,  there was real pain that flashed in Carole's eyes. I was disgusted when Bethenny went after lu with such viciousness at Dorinda's a couple seasons ago, I also remember Ramona's hits to Bethenny last season at Dorinda's, totally nasty and disproportionate...they all win me and then lose me and then win me every year. It's a ramonacoaster with all of them at one time or another.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 11
On 8/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I wonder why Lu was so critical of Ramona’s renovations. She usually makes one snooty comment, then moves on. She kept up the negativity for a long time, which makes me wonder if she was ticked off at Ramona for something specific. 

Maybe Lu is envious that Ramona doesn’t have to sell it and put half of the proceeds into a trust for Avery.

Maybe in keeping with Ramona's style, she ratted lu out to the count and the kids...

• Love 2

I just remembered something really vicious Lu pulled on Ramoner. She had a front row seat to the psychic telling Ramoner that Mario was cheating...they got divorced months later. I think Lu actually found that psychic and set that whole thing up. On camera. It's pretty amazing how evil they are to each other. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Really weird how nothing can be discussed without Bethenny being brought into it. Her comments were ragged on when they happened for sure. 

Personally, I think Victoria got pretty solid punishment via going viral in a most unappealing way and, since she was a child, hopefully learned from it.

Victoria did get solid punishment.  And deserved it.  I have no beef with that.  What consequence did Bethenny have?    There was internet outrage for a nanosecond.  She NEVER apologized.  Continued to get work from Bravo.  

• Love 7

LOL.

From Heather's IG last September...

Now, Mozelle, you know that IG was doctored, because there's no way Carole and Heather are actual friends, none!

Andy is not that kind of friend.  I think I’ve seen him once at a party at her new apartment.

You went to one of Beth's parties? Girl, spill that tea! (In her thread, of course.)

• Love 1
On 8/9/2018 at 3:15 PM, cyberfruit said:

Gotta back you up on this one -- art history is a very rigorous degree that will seriously test how much memorization and critical thinking skills you actually thought you possessed. I almost minored in architectural history, its sister subject, but most of my classmates, most of whom were architecture students, couldn't stand even the intro AH courses because they thought it was just a class where you'd learn about different architectural periods and keep it pushing. Nope! You better break out them flash cards and quit playing.

Not to mention the huge volume of historical and religious references you have to learn and master. Art history is not an easy subject to major in...however, what you do with it...I don't know, aside from working in a gallery or museum or auction house I guess...or maybe writing about art or acquiring it for collectors or collecting yourself...I'm just not sure about making a great living doing it. Although that wouldn't matter to our little socialite Tinz, who only really wants to be wifey. Well, Rich wifey, Adams need not apply. Actually, come to think of it, if I was a socialite with family money, I would LOVE to have been able to major in art history. Came close by majoring in Advertising, Lol.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
On 8/9/2018 at 3:35 PM, kicksave said:

LMAO moment when Lu said she doesn’t hold grudges!!!! Really? She’s still sniping at Carole for dating Adam  because he had just ended a relationship with her niece...how long ago was that and she’s still pissed off at Carole for that? It’s not like he dumped her niece for Carole, they were already over. Lu holds plenty of grudges and most of them are stupid.

I just don't believe all that animosity was just because Adam dated her niece. There HAD to have been more to it than that. I bet Adam flirted with Lu first, that he made his sexy coffee eyes at her and she thought she stood a chance, and maybe she did with that opportunist, until ole Carole showed up and stole that sloppy "salad chef" right out from under her.

• Love 5
On 8/9/2018 at 3:56 PM, Ki-in said:

This picture says a lot. Like we're done but there's cameras rolling and which camera is filming this? And just because he asked about "coffee" doesn't mean anything more than he might want coffee when his regular coffee shop is closed, not that she is his favorite or exclusive flavor anymore.  I have known people who have gone through horrible divorces/break ups and the man still has the nerve to ask about having coffee again or from time to time. I think Carole finally realizes this and has factored in her decision to switch to tea.

4EF2F12700000578-6041725-image-a-97_1533

Her hug is way bigger than his. His is the equivalent of a 'there, there' sympathy pat on the back. His arms aren't even around her, only his elbows are bent. Maybe he was too tired to lift them? after working for days on her trophy? 

• Love 4