Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Man, BB11 was great, too. The drama! The cast was great. Watching these old premieres just really hammers home how horrible the show is now lol.

I'm actually going to disagree. It was entertaining for sure and had some classic moments like Ronnie's HoH hideout and Jessie's funeral. However the game suffered from some blatant rigging (Jeff's coup) and also some of the worst, dumbest gameplay I've ever seen on any season. Like Natalie and Lydia killing each other over Jessie or Jeff backdooring Russell ... I can't.  

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I'm actually going to disagree. It was entertaining for sure and had some classic moments like Ronnie's HoH hideout and Jessie's funeral. However the game suffered from some blatant rigging (Jeff's coup) and also some of the worst, dumbest gameplay I've ever seen on any season. Like Natalie and Lydia killing each other over Jessie or Jeff backdooring Russell ... I can't.  

I don't disagree, but I don't care because there was so much drama and fights and that's why I watch lol.

So they seem to have shown the premiere of 5, then 7, then 10 and 11. I wonder why they skipped 6 and 8? 9 I can understand. 6 was one of the best seasons. Maybe they skipped 8 since Dick is such a heinous monster.

ETA: Man, the DRs are so much less scripted and terrible. I miss that the most probably.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I could get behind this if they did compilations like "Best Evictions," "Best Goodbye Messages," "Stupidest Words Spelled in the Spelling Comp," etc.

They may do that when they run out of first episodes.  I would love that, too. 

• Love 1

Somewhere Rachel Reilly is super unhappy they skipped right over her seasons.

"Why did they skip over our seasons Brandon? Whyyyyy?? They were sooo goood!! Remember I wooon!"

• Love 5

Haleigh, Bayleigh, Angela, Angie, Brett, Winston.... it takes me two weeks just to learn their names and why oh why every season do so many of them look so much alike to me that I cannot even tell them apart? I just had to print out a screen shot of the HG's photos and their names so I can follow these live feeds. 

• Love 5

Josh just said his strategy was to make everyone feel like they were friends and family.  No better way to do that than run around in a tutu banging pots and pans in people's faces I suppose.  Now that I know what I know having seen the whole season, it's kind of interesting to see this first episode again.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I don't want to see Paul unless he's crying when he loses to Josh!  Make.  It.  Stop.

Yeah, it's pretty gross watching all these people suck up to Paul.  That whole friendship bracelet thing was bullshit.  I laughed so hard when Paul lost last year and I screenshotted it so I could remember it forever.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, zorak said:

Paul losing 2nd time.jpg

"Not again! Not again!"

Haaaaaahahahahaha

(I can't properly convey enough how much joy it brings me to have my first post here be one that mocks Paul. Almost as much joy as I got watching him lose for the second season in a row.)

• Love 17

He’s kind of an enigma to me at this point, but I have to think he doesn’t use the POV, and Sam saves herself the first eviction. Although, if the POV ceremony is still Monday, there is still LOTS of time.

• Love 2

I'm dying to see the veto comp.  Someone said something about being pelted with paintballs, someone mentioned snakes, and someone said something about shock collars.  Steve is talking about how he has the bruises to prove none of it was fake.

I just heard someone ask if this was Survivor, too. Must have been brutal.

At least approach Fezz with a deal, Sam, and try to work it.

Jeez JC starts to talk and I swear the volume goes up by 10%.

Just now, Alice Mudgarden said:

I cannot, for the life of me, even begin to imagine the veto competition that would involve all of those things, but it still sounds amazing.

I know!  In the storage room they were talking about how there had never been a comp like it before.  Why could they not have introduced this last year?  It would have leveled the playing field a little bit considering that Paul seemed to know what to expect for every competition, which gave him an advantage.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, missyb said:

So, Sam knows she can't go home. She has  the power to save herself. So is all this crying and boo hooing an act ??

Maybe? Or maybe it's due to the veto comp. Apparently Sam got shocked so maybe she's just frustrated by the comp. 

I'm not sure why Sam would have lied to Tyler about a power that she doesn't have, so I imagine all of this is an act. If so, she's a good actress. 

What a brutal season so far. They've really upped their game...where were all of these punishments last season?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, zorak said:

I know!  In the storage room they were talking about how there had never been a comp like it before.  Why could they not have introduced this last year?  It would have leveled the playing field a little bit considering that Paul seemed to know what to expect for every competition, which gave him an advantage.

Seriously! No one would have been able to predict what on earth was going on, not even Paul.

2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Yeah, this POV doesn’t sound amazing to me. I’m not down with bruises and shock collars, whatever the fuck that means.

I didn't mean it in some sort of sadistic way. I meant it more like it sounds so ridiculous and out there and not of a brain I could ever come close to having. It sounds nuts.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Yeah, this POV doesn’t sound amazing to me. I’m not down with bruises and shock collars, whatever the fuck that means.

Same. No to being shocked and no to actual snakes being involved.  Bayleigh just said it was like Fear Factor.

Angela, Rachel and Kaycee trying to figure out a way to get the votes to evict Steve. JC is also (seemingly) on board. I wonder when Sam has to use her (allledged) power to save herself. Could she wait for the votes to be read? 

That said, while I still love Sam as a person, from what I’ve seen and read about her, she kind of sucks ass at this game. Still hoping she survives week one, but she needs to get a serious grip.

I am really enjoying all of the gameplay going on so far. How refreshing it is to have all newbies! 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

How refreshing it is to have all newbies! 

So good!

And yeah, I love Sam so much, but she's like Donny. Good person, shitty gameplayer (Donny was better, of course, but still). 

• Love 3
(edited)

I was going to complain about the guy operating the feeds tonight either being drunk or on his first day of training but they've let a few things go in the past little while. JC apparently had a Production voice in his earpiece telling him to cheer for Faysal and then Bayleigh was talking about how they were stopped and had to re-shoot a moment during the comp.

Not surprising in itself but I'm a little surprised that they haven't cut away from the HoH room because of it.

ETA: JC was the host of the Veto comp.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

How ironic is it that the "least trending player" (i.e. the person that had almost a zero edit) won the veto?  

I'm guessing it would be in his best interest not to use the veto and not get the dreaded "blood on his hands" (as well as flush out whatever special power Sam has).

On a side note, I can't wait for some of these alliances to implode.   

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, zorak said:

Faysal said he made it to the final round of the Survivor audition and then they cut him.  They're telling him it's no wonder he won this comp.

I thought it was funny how they were marveling about the potential cost of the veto setup ("it might be $10,000").  I don't think they realize that by CBS standards, this show is cheap to produce and that house probably prints money (again by CBS standards).

Also, it looks like Faysal is planning not using the veto (as of this moment).

• Love 1

Judging by the way they are all talking about it, this must have been one hell of a comp. How come Swaggy isn’t just killing it in all these competitions?  It sounds like Sam is not happy to be there; she must be a great actress if this is all so no one figures out that she has the advantage but I think that being somewhat left out of the first week; not being very capable in the challenges, and being a “nice”girl in a house of vultures, is getting to her.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

Eww, I do not need to see Steve's dirty q-tips!  Yuck. 

I had the same reaction and my cat threw up 2 minutes later.  Coincidence?

Sam and Rachel had a slight awkward moment: Sam walked upstairs where Rachel and Kaycee were playing foosball.  They paused to look at her and Sam asked them what they were looking at.  Then Rachel tried to play it off with something along the lines of "Can't I just look at you?  Can't I admire you?" (looks weird when I write it out)

Now Sam is laying down in bed by herself.  This doesn't look good. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The level 6 people are meeting up in the HOH.  they still seem to think JC has the power, and Tyler is keeping his mouth shut. So he has more game than I expected. I think he is loyal because from the way he talks he can't stand the other side. But he's only loyal to a point.

I think the game is overwhelming Sam, and she just hasn't been able to find her footing yet. Hopefully it will help her if she sees that Level 6 saves her, and she doesn't have to use her power this week.  

Edited by vb68
(edited)

I just love how Swaggy and Faysal are acting like they are running the house....in Week 1...when neither has won HoH. 

Letting HoH get to your head is one thing, but letting HoH get to your head in Week 1 when you haven't actually won HoH is hilariously silly. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Trumpetcrumpets said:

I believe it's winston, brett, tyler, rachel, angela and kaycee.

Thank you.   Not at all what I thought!   Any others who have declared they are together?  I know Sam and Steve are loners.  

The "Other side" is Swaggy, Faysal, Kaitlyn, Bayleigh, Haleigh and Angie. I think.  I also don't think they've named themselves. I believe Scottie is more aligned with this group and JC is more aligned with the other group. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Are we not going to have the quick update thread, labeled as spoilers, where we can quickly catch up on who was nominated, POV etc?

There is one, but I guess no one is posting in it yet. I'll try to remember to do it from now on.

8 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I wonder when Sam has to use her (allledged) power to save herself. Could she wait for the votes to be read? 

I think the Vegas person said something about it being used after the votes, but I might be making that up lol.

8 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

And yeah, I love Sam so much, but she's like Donny. Good person, shitty gameplayer (Donny was better, of course, but still). 

I think Donny was potentially a decent to good player that was hampered by shitty twists and players, but Sam is just bad. Lovely, if kinda boring for me, person but a terrible player. And I don't think there's a chance in hell she'll get any better at the game or comps as time goes by. At this point I'd rather she just go because I have a feeling I'll end up hating her.

@Wings I posted a link to an alliance chart a couple pages back if you wanna check it out.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1