Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Sam is asking if she can talk to a camera. Steve is telling her that she can talk to any camera in the kitchen.  Since almost everyone is in there it's likely they are on the feeds.  One of the cameras is moving, I think to let them know that it's one streaming to the feeds right now.  But she went to the one behind the table and the feeds switched to her. She's now saying hi to a lot of people.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

Watching her dance in the HOH room made me have flashbacks last year to Raven's "dancing".  

Call me crazy, but a "Rockstar" should know how to dance. Just saying.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Sam is asking if she can talk to a camera. Steve is telling her that she can talk to any camera in the kitchen.  Since almost everyone is in there it's likely they are on the feeds.  One of the cameras is moving, I think to let them know that it's one streaming to the feeds right now.  But she went to the one behind the table and the feeds switched to her. She's now saying hi to a lot of people.

Maybe she wants to say thank you to America for making her the one who won the advantage??? We can hope! (But I thought they were not supposed to talk to the cameras.)

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kaitlyn is talking about putting bacon, tomato, and avocado in a grilled cheese. Looks like I have my first BB food thing to try for the season.

I work in a hospital in the Food & Nutrition Dept. and we have these special "LTOs" in our cafe and one of them about a year ago was a Grilled Cheese w/Bacon, tomato & avocado. It was really good!

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

I work in a hospital in the Food & Nutrition Dept. and we have these special "LTOs" in our cafe and one of them about a year ago was a Grilled Cheese w/Bacon, tomato & avocado. It was really good!

Well, I guess I definitely know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Sam is talking about Wigs For Kids. Haleigh might have Sam cut her hair short so she can donate it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

So Sam is welder and a hair stylist?  She's been talking to Faysal about cutting his hair and now she's talking to one of the girls about her hair.  She said something about how she would do it if you came into her salon.

If yelling "Yerp!" (?) becomes a thing this season, so help me God.  Steve and Faysal were in the bathroom just yelling that shit back and forth in the most annoying way.

• Love 1

I think Sam is one of those people who was cast and told to be quirkier than she actually was in order to be a "character" on TV. She appears to be a fairly normal young lady with a pleasant personality when she's not forced to be a robot. She has a very regional accent but whatever. I feel bad that being a robot I think torpedoed her game because I think she could go far if she stays the first week.

• Love 4

Sam seems pretty relaxed and in her element right now. I think it backs up the theory that she has the reward.  She isn't showing any trace of being nervous or worried at least. 

• Love 2

So...if the punishment Faysal is rumored to get is actually eating ham every time there is a Hamazon delivery, then that's kind of rude.  He's Muslim.  Depending on how devout he is, pork products may be forbidden to him.  It depends on how Orthodox he is.  I doubt he's really hardcore about it--he's on BB after all!  It would be very difficult for him to keep to halal practices, much the same as it would be for a devout follower of the Jewish faith to keep kosher in that house.  I know a lot of Jews who don't keep kosher, but still avoid pork, or cheeseburgers, or shrimp as a nod to their faith.  I also know a lot of Jews who do eat pork ("Are those kosher pork chops?" was one joking question asked at the work cafeteria to a dumfounded server by a Jewish co-worker.) and cheeseburgers and shrimp.  I know only one person who keeps strictly kosher, and he says it can be really, really difficult if you're not physically living  within a very Orthodox community.  It will be interesting to see how observant Faysal is in the house.  Does he pray at the proper intervals?  Or does he just do a quiet mental observation?  Does he eschew alcohol?  Does he make a big deal out of it, or will he be discreet?  I believe there is a bible in the house for the Christians, and when Kaysar was in, I believe he had a copy of the Koran.  I hope there are opportunities for some real dialogue between religions, maybe some compare/contrast.  Maybe some honest interactions?

Oh, what am I thinking?  This is Big Brother.  Nobody's going to have a nuanced conversation about anything.  We are only a few days away from full-on skillet banging and undercover BJs.

• Love 5
Just now, HurricaneVal said:

So...if the punishment Faysal is rumored to get is actually eating ham every time there is a Hamazon delivery, then that's kind of rude.  He's Muslim.  Depending on how devout he is, pork products may be forbidden to him.  It depends on how Orthodox he is.  I doubt he's really hardcore about it--he's on BB after all!  It would be very difficult for him to keep to halal practices, much the same as it would be for a devout follower of the Jewish faith to keep kosher in that house.  I know a lot of Jews who don't keep kosher, but still avoid pork, or cheeseburgers, or shrimp as a nod to their faith.  I also know a lot of Jews who do eat pork ("Are those kosher pork chops?" was one joking question asked at the work cafeteria to a dumfounded server by a Jewish co-worker.) and cheeseburgers and shrimp.  I know only one person who keeps strictly kosher, and he says it can be really, really difficult if you're not physically living  within a very Orthodox community.  It will be interesting to see how observant Faysal is in the house.  Does he pray at the proper intervals?  Or does he just do a quiet mental observation?  Does he eschew alcohol?  Does he make a big deal out of it, or will he be discreet?  I believe there is a bible in the house for the Christians, and when Kaysar was in, I believe he had a copy of the Koran.  I hope there are opportunities for some real dialogue between religions, maybe some compare/contrast.  Maybe some honest interactions?

Faysal IS getting vegan ham, so BB did actually accommodate for him. It's unclear if Faysal got to choose his punishment or if BB chose for him. 

2 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

So...if the punishment Faysal is rumored to get is actually eating ham every time there is a Hamazon delivery, then that's kind of rude.  He's Muslim.  Depending on how devout he is, pork products may be forbidden to him. 

My reaction was the same but then I read that they are giving him some sort of weird vegan ham that isn't actually ham.  

(edited)
1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

We don't know what the advantage is.

In the first TV episode when Julie was not explaining it well at all they had a camera shot of 5 different disadvantages and 5 different advantages in some room.  They all had different cheesey names on them that didn't tell you what they were. 

I got the impression that the winner and loser each week have to pick from one of the 5.  Or maybe each week the choices go down so they pick from 4 choices next week.  Either way it looks like a crap shoot of having to guess which advantage (in this case) will be the best and you don't find out until you open the folder or envelope or whatever they were in.  (The shot was on screen for only a few seconds so can't remember more than that).

Gee why am I not surprised Gun Nut turns out to be a paranoid (no gun to comfort him) douche on the live feeds too.  I am a little surprised he seems to take the lead over Bratty Brett who I thought would be the "brains" (a term I use loosely here) of their bromance.  Hope Gun Nut and Arrogant Angela both go soon and Brett is isolated and forced to deal with a house full  of normal people "normal" being relative among BB contestants of course.

JC seems the biggest surprise.  He went from cute to creep in less than 24 hours.

Okay let me see if I learned some names.  The "Bay" woman is the Afro-American one, right?  The "Kat" woman is the Aura Girl?  Who the heck then is the one that starts with an "H" then?  Also who is Angie or Chris?

From the above just posted:  So...if the punishment Faysal is rumored to get is actually eating ham every time there is a Hamazon delivery, then that's kind of rude.  He's Muslim. 

I agree totally.  Between that and making fun of the third eye (editors) with Aura Girl (who wouldn't know what a third eye was if it opened for her she is such a fake) is just part of the prejudice against all religions not Christian.  And it doesn't matter that it is vegan ham.  It still looks like ham and is an embarrassment and an affront to be seen eating something like that on national TV for the entire Muslim community I would imagine.  (I wonder that he wasn't trending because he is Muslim as well).

PS:  Tyler, turn from the dark side and come into the light.

Edited by green
(edited)
5 minutes ago, green said:

From the above just posted:  So...if the punishment Faysal is rumored to get is actually eating ham every time there is a Hamazon delivery, then that's kind of rude.  He's Muslim. 

It's vegan ham.

6 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Oh gawd.  Vegan ham is probably a worse punishment!  Blech.....  If it is anything like tofurkey, it is vile.

I read that he said it was upsetting his stomach.

5 minutes ago, green said:

Okay let me see if I learned some names.  The "Bay" woman is the Afro-American one, right?  The "Kat" woman is the Aura Girl?  Who the heck then is the one that starts with an "H" then?  Also who is Angie or Chris?

Haleigh is the Texas A&M student.  Angie is "Rockstar" and Chris is "Swaggy C".

Edited by zorak
(edited)

I'm sure they planned on using real ham and when Faysal got the punishment they just went and bought the first thing they thought of to replace it. If he asked for turkey ham they might give it to him. Do we have any idea how long this punishment lasts?

Edited by peachmangosteen
1 minute ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I thought they broke it off right before she came in the house? 

Yes, her baby is not with the guy she was engaged to before she came into the house.  That was broken off.  

feeds are back... one group, including steve seem excited.  

6 minutes ago, green said:

I agree totally.  Between that and making fun of the third eye (editors) with Aura Girl (who wouldn't know what a third eye was if it opened for her she is such a fake) is just part of the prejudice against all religions not Christian.  And it doesn't matter that it is vegan ham.  It still looks like ham and is an embarrassment and an affront to be seen eating something like that on national TV for the entire Muslim community I would imagine.  (I wonder that he wasn't trending because he is Muslim as well).

He wasn't trending because he made no impact in the premiere episode, nor in his interviews. He's quieter than the other guys so he doesn't stand out as much. He seems like a nice guy, but he was basically non-existent in the first episode. I really don't think it's because he's Muslim. It's just an unfortunate luck of the draw that he didn't stand out at all. 

I think BB12's Andrew had issues with some of the food in the short time he was in the house. For him, he was kosher and had to stick to baby food because I believe he was a Have Not. 

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm sure they planned on using real ham and when Faysal for the punishment they just went and bought the first thing they thought of to replace it. If he asked for turkey ham they might give it to him. Do we have any idea how long this punishment lasts?

The punishment lasts until eviction, I believe. So, basically, a whole week. 

Kaycee's punishment isn't a punishment. We have only seen that pinwheel spin twice: once in the DR to show the audience how it worked, and once for noms, again, to show how it works.

Meanwhile, Sam gets stuck as a robot for 10+ hours (likely longer since we only got a few hours of feeds) and Faysal is forced to stuff his face with vegan ham all week to the point where he's throwing up. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Feeds are back. So far, Steve/Angie are excited because it seems Scottie got picked. 

I'm not sure who the other two are yet, but it sounds like it could be on Swaggy's side. I think Faysal's the second.

ETA: Oh, and Swaggy's the third. Damnit; Swaggy wants Sam to go over Steve!

Edited by Lady Calypso
Just now, gunderda said:

Swaggy thinks the veto bag was rigged

Was just about to say the same thing.  He better be careful or BB production might turn on him.

1 minute ago, zorak said:

Was just about to say the same thing.  He better be careful or BB production might turn on him.

The guys were telling him that BB can't do that.  He said prior winners said BB does it.  ok swaggy!

• Love 2
(edited)

According to Swaggy C, Scotty and Steve are best friends so there's no chance that Scotty will keep Steve on the block if Scotty wins veto.

Edited by zorak

JC got kicked out of the HOH so Swaggy, Tyler, Scottie, Steve and one other guy can talk.

JC goes and talking to Kaycee and Angela maybe.  Says 'they' are planning something.

• Love 1

JC, Angela, and Kaycee are figuring out that they're trying to get Sam out and they can't do anything about it, since it's everyone vs Sam in that comp. Well, Swaggy doesn't want veto used, Scottie/Steve are using it on Steve, and Sam's using it on herself, but everyone is working against Sam. 

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

Why is Swaggy acting like he's HOH

Because he thinks he is the best at everything, knows everything, etc.  It's really annoying.

Is JC in anyone's alliance?  He's talking shit about Swaggy to Kaycee and Angela.  Says he doesn't trust him.  Kaycee was also talking about the bad vibes Swaggy was giving off earlier and said she didn't like it.

3 minutes ago, zorak said:

Is JC in anyone's alliance?  He's talking shit about Swaggy to Kaycee and Angela.  Says he doesn't trust him.  Kaycee was also talking about the bad vibes Swaggy was giving off earlier and said she didn't like it.

JC seems to be playing both sides, but seems to not be with Swaggy. 

Swaggy is on his way to be a pre-juror boot.

• Love 1

I wonder if they will say who's a Have Not on the broadcast show. They didn't last year, and maybe the year before that too. I don't understand why they even do it anymore if they never mention it on the show.

Speaking of Brett, I'm having trouble believing he's actually a cyber-security engineer.  He had a DR line in one of the comps that sounded like something someone in tech support would say.  Actually, it sounded like dialogue a screenwriter would write for a tech support character.  Nothing wrong with being in tech support, and it does take tech savvy to work that job, but that's not the same as a cyber security engineer.  Hopefully, it'll come out on the feeds what he actually does.

I guarantee you Brett is not a cyber security engineer. At best he may have some sort of engineering degree then worked part time in customer support at Symantec. Clearly nobody with a real job can take the summer off to be on this show. It's no accident his entire intro footage showed him shirtless. He's a wanna-be mactor like the rest of them.

So Sam is welder and a hair stylist?

Nobody is really what they're sold to us as. Clearly the show didn't think "hair stylist" was an interesting enough hook so maybe Sam worked one summer part time welding and they told her to bill herself as a welder. 

• Love 3

It's funny how Brett really wants to get rid of Steve and Winston's still insistent on keeping Steve, as if Sam also can't be easily influenced.

Winston, when you see a floater who doesn't have any ties and doesn't seem to hang out with many people, you rope them in, you don't get rid of them first week.

• Love 3

Someone went up the HOH and swaggy told them to go away

Swaggy says two people want to evict Bayleigh because they know it would screw with his game. 

Sam keeps talking to "Joe"  -  boyfriend most likely?

Tyler is putting all of this information for a little later, when he has the chance to go after Swaggy.

ROFL. Swaggy told Tyler that he hasn't watched the show enough to know how easy it is to flip a vote.

Yes, Swaggy, Tyler does, in fact, know this. He's TRYING TO SEND BAYLEIGH HOME, BRO.

• Love 1