Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think the Vegas person said something about it being used after the votes, but I might be making that up lol.

Vegas didn't, but I was watching when Sam was telling Tyler before veto. She made it clear that the power is used after the votes are read. It sounds like she chose Extra Life, so with that, you do have to be evicted before getting to use it. At least there's that, so Sam will know how many votes are against her when essentially canceling the eviction.

I think Sam is a good person, but she just happens to have a more foul mouth and gets more frustrated. That could turn her into a mean girl down the line and she isn't so innocent as pre-interviews made her appear, but it also doesn't make her a bad person.

I think Sam needs to be pushing to make more allies. She seems to have finally found one in Tyler (I read that they were sharing info last night, such as Tyler telling her that he's a superfan) and the girls mostly seem to like her. I know Rachel likes her, and I do know Haleigh and Rockstar don't mind her. The only girl that seems to hate Sam is Kaitlyn, and the feeling is mutual. 

With Tyler knowing that she can use her power on anyone, he's going to be working overtime to ensure she doesn't need to use it this week. There's still five days left in the week, which means it's possible Sam won't need to use her power, even if it seems like she'll have to use it at this moment. Tyler will want someone to go on his HOH, and in this case, it has to be Steve (or it'll be nobody). It's worse for Tyler's game for Sam to have to use her power, as I think he still can't play for HOH and his cards are completely exposed. 

I see we have the return of the alliance names! I feel like it's been forever since we've gotten that. Level 6 is a dumb name, though. 

Sam got to stay a human all day yesterday so I expect she'll turn back into a robot all day today. Meanwhile, Kaycee hasn't been punished once in the time that she's actually been on the feeds and Faysal's got punished three times with the ham so far. 

Swaggy seems all over the place. He's bounced from one target to another "when" he wins HOH next week. Again, all someone needs to do is stroke his ego and he's made a new friend.

It's great to see everyone playing after the disaster that was last season. Even the people I'm not fond of, like Bayleigh, I have to give them kudos for playing the game.

• Love 4

Swaggy C lost a bit of his Swagg yesterday after a major fail in the POV. He was so quiet most of the evening. Licking his wounds a regrouping for another day.

Tyler is in a very good position right now. He is on good terms with everyone. Has lots of people wanting to work with him and give him information. He keeps any power trip in check and plays the surfer dude there for a good time just right. I like him a lot.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Sam is somehow saved by the POV, she gets to keep the power for another day. If the power is used, is the whole eviction process voided, or does that mean Steve goes, or is there another person nominated and another vote? The last seems very unlikely.

Edited by Skycatcher
2 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

If the power is used, is the whole eviction process voided, or does that mean Steve goes, or is there another person nominated and another vote? The last seems very unlikely.

If the power is used, nobody goes. Essentially, Sam still would get evicted....but she just is using her power to get back in the game. It's an Extra Life. Think of it like a video game; you die in the video game, but if you have an extra life, it just brings you back and you continue with the game.

That's how I'm taking her power. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, missyb said:

Swaggy C lost a bit of his Swagg yesterday after a major fail in the POV. He was so quiet most of the evening.

Yes, I noticed that.  But being Swaggy C, I heard him try to play it off to Faysal that it allowed him to focus on the HOH comp or something like that.  And I was thinking, if you're such a beast, shouldn't you be able to focus on all of the comps and win them all?

(edited)

As I was signing off last night, Tyler was giving a sililoquy from his HOH bed on how hard it is to play both sides. So that's where his head is at.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Sam is a good person, but she just happens to have a more foul mouth and gets more frustrated.

If I understood right, Sam lost her cool in the veto comp and really lashed out at production and cursed a blue steak. Some of them were pretty shocked.

I think Sam needs to be pushing to make more allies. She seems to have finally found one in Tyler (I read that they were sharing info last night, such as Tyler telling her that he's a superfan) and the girls mostly seem to like her.

I think she should put it on the table with Tyler that she's willing to use the power to save him if she gets through this week and it comes to that.  Also, add Kaycee to the list that at least doesn't mind Sam. Kaycee is the one who whispered to Sam to keep it quiet but the girls were doing their best to save her.  So Sam knows she has allies even if she hasn't completely processed that.

Sam really does remind me a lot of Donny.  Positive in some ways, but not in others. They both had that sorta stiff, awkward and stubborn social quality yet are still mostly likable. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
(edited)

Winston and Steve are up now, drinking coffee and talking.  Steve told Winston his last name and Winston replied that it was Italian.  Steve said he didn't lie about his heritage and told them that his dad was Italian.  Winston commented that he could tell that Steve was Italian on the first day because he looked like a mob boss.  LOL.  

16 minutes ago, vb68 said:

If I understood right, Sam lost her cool in the veto comp and really lashed out at production and cursed a blue steak. Some of them were pretty shocked.

I was laughing at all the pearl clutching both sides of the house were doing last night regarding her foul mouth in the veto comp.  More than one of them said she yelled, "Fuck you, motherfucker!" at someone from production.  My take on it is that you can seem like the most innocent person ever, but if you're on the block (even though she can save herself she told Tyler she didn't want to have to use it) and you're in a painful, Fear Factor style comp, I am not shocked in the least that something like that could come out of her mouth.

Also I heard Steve saying something about indictments and convictions to Winston.  Then it was like it dawned on him that that might give him away so he said something to Winston like, "How does a mechanic know all that?" and laughed.  Winston seemed to buy it though and said that as a mechanic Steve probably knows everything about everyone in the town he lives in because people talk.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 3

I think Sam is a good person, but she just happens to have a more foul mouth and gets more frustrated. That could turn her into a mean girl down the line and she isn't so innocent as pre-interviews made her appear, but it also doesn't make her a bad person.

Oh for fuck sake, I swear all the time, it has nothing to do with character.  LOL, love you!   

• Love 12

Winston and Steve were talking about how at the age of 21, everyone thinks their bulletproof and thinks that they know everything.  But then they say as you get older you realize you don't know it all and you're not as smart as you once thought you were.   This got me thinking.  Swaggy is only 23 right now.  Will he always be this full of himself or will he eventually come to the realization that he doesn't know everything?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, zorak said:

This got me thinking.  Swaggy is only 23 right now.  Will he always be this full of himself or will he eventually come to the realization that he doesn't know everything?

Will he want his grandkids to call him Swaggy C? :)

I would hope he grows out of that at some point.

• Love 2

Heyy, if I was being shocked constantly with a cattle prod, I would be cursing a blue streak as well!! Every single time! And that was after being pelted with paint balls.

• Love 10

More talk between Winston and Steve about how Sam blew up during the competition.

Steve is talking about how Sam self destructs every time and that he doesn't need to do anything because deep down inside he feels he has secured the votes to stay.  I can't stand it when people get that way. 

Now Winston is trying to convince Steve that he's not in any alliance.  He says they're all just friends and anything Steve might have heard is just rumors.  He says it's too early for things like alliances to form.  Riiiiight.  I wonder if Steve buys all of this.

• Love 1

Winston and Steve are talking about Bayleigh and Swaggy's relationship.  Steve says they're close like brother and sister.  Winston says it's what you call a showmance.   Steve says but that's what they're saying about Brett, Winston, Angela, and Rachel.  He says that even though Winston says it's not true, they are perceived that way and people think they're dangerous because of it.

I like Sam better now, knowing she let loose during the veto comp.  I have a strong aversion to people who think swearing is bad and others who say, oh goodness, or gosh when irritated or stating displeasure.  She may have the starch to make some moves.  I hope so because she is obviously going to stick around for another week anyway.  

I like Steve though so hate to see him go.  

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Will he want his grandkids to call him Swaggy C? :)

I would hope he grows out of that at some point.

They'll call him Grandpa Swag, clearly. Or the Swag-Pa.

My BB-watching friend and I have taken to referring to him as "Swaggart," like that's his actual first name, and saying it in our most disapproving-parent voices. "SWAGgart..."

• Love 5

LOL at Winston and Steve's Jenga game.  At one point Winston was whispering, "Talk to me.  Talk to me." to the pile when he was trying to figure out which piece to move.  They are both marveling at how high the tower has become because it is leaning.  Then Steve said from a structural standpoint it was just "termites holding hands" that was keeping it up.

And self professed Jenga Master Winston just lost to Steve.

• Love 2

Vegas didn't, but I was watching when Sam was telling Tyler before veto. She made it clear that the power is used after the votes are read. It sounds like she chose Extra Life, so with that, you do have to be evicted before getting to use it. At least there's that, so Sam will know how many votes are against her when essentially canceling the eviction.

The good thing about that is that they can't play her now and go all Survivor on her and tell her they will save her then when she doesn't play her "immunity idol"before the vote they then "blindside" her after all.

Yeah only Tyler knows right now but keeping your mouth shut for several days when you have a juicy bit of information in the BB house makes it likely he will spill the beans before the vote.

I still do like Tyler somewhat.  Both he (because he won HOH mainly I think) and the football girl (still don't know names) seemed to be given "offers" they dare not refuse from the Gang of Four (the meatheads and bimbos) who are the real core of the "Level Six" group and think they are running everything.  Tyler and the person whose name I don't know are just numbers outliers.

51 minutes ago, vb68 said:

If I was turned into a robot messing up my game so much I was put on the block right away because of it and then bruised by paintballs and shocked by collars or prods or whatever I'd be saying a few choice words to production too.    I'm not into swearing much since I see that as the "hot sauce" of the language and not the main course.  Use it all the time and it loses it's effect.  Best to save it for the exclamation points of life ... or when I stub my toe.  But I sure would have served production up a whole big plate of hot sauce as a main course in her position. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, green said:

If I was turned into a robot messing up my game so much I was put on the block right away because of it and then bruised by paintballs and shocked by collars or prods or whatever I'd be saying a few choice words to production too.    I'm not into swearing much since I see that as the "hot sauce" of the language and not the main course.  Use it all the time and it loses it's effect.  Best to save it for the exclamation points of life ... or when I stub my toe.  But I sure would have served production up a whole big plate of hot sauce as a main course in her position. 

Yeah, people seem to be freaking out about Sam swearing at production, but from what I hear, it wasn't like she was intentionally disrespecting them. She was being injured by them, for crying out loud! Besides, if Sam needs to be called out for that, then Swaggy needs to be called out for being sassy with production when they asked him yesterday to stop obstructing his mic and he was telling them that he wasn't and they needed to hear better. 

It's just the typical Target Mentality, where the cocky side of the house feels the need to put more unnecessary targets on the person on the block and making excuses as to why they need to go. 

But surprisingly, it's Swaggy's side who have been the most vocal about this stuff. Winston's the only one on Level 6 who has joined in on this. Everyone else seems to like Sam enough to not whine about her swearing during a brutal veto competition. 

Swaggy, Faysal, Winston, Kaitlyn, and Steve have been the most vocal, and they all need to take it down several notches. You people aren't all that. 

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Oh for fuck sake, I swear all the time, it has nothing to do with character.  LOL, love you!   

LOL!

To be clear, it's not Sam's swearing that I'm pointing out. She can swear all the fuck she wants. I think it's more surprising to people that someone presumably as innocent as Sam is the most foul mouthed in the house. I do think she needs to be a better gameplayer because she's been mediocre at best and still has a lot to learn about the game. However, as a person, she fucking rocks! At least way more than Angie Rockstar, who I keep forgetting exists in the house and who only stands out when the camera cuts to her purple hair.

I still root for Tyler/Sam/JC as a trio, because JC's one of the better gameplayers in the house, Tyler's stumbling along, and Sam has been very honest with Tyler and chose to share her power with him (and I know it's more because he's HOH).

I also am surprisingly cool with Rachel. I thought she'd be in a for sure showmance and she'd be a bitchy gameplayer. But so far, she's shown the most kindness toward Sam and she's been more under the radar this first week. I'll wait to see that chance when her side gets targeted, but for now, Rachel and Brett are the ones I'm most interested in for Level 6 (minus Tyler, since I like Tyler). 

But again, I actually don't hate anyone in the house at this point. I'm annoyed with various people, but I don't actively hate anyone; they're all decent people, even Winston (who's more like a paranoid nut than anything). There's just cocky people in Swaggy, Faysal, and Steve.

• Love 5

Well, we can add people who ask Bayleigh what the airline offers to drink when she asks them what they want to the list of things that Bayleigh doesn't like about doing her job.  Faysal said it was a legitimate question for someone to ask.  She said it's their fault for having their headphones in and not listening.  Granted, I typically fly Southwest so I don't know what it's like on other airlines but do other airlines make an announcement listing everything they serve?  Seems unlikely.  I want to hear her talk about the things she enjoys about her job because so far, it's been negative.

Bayleigh was looking for Afrin, which is a nose spray.  She couldn't find it so she asked JC if she could use his.  He said yes.  Then she proceeded to use it.  While she was in the midst of snorting it, he said he had never used it, but she definitely didn't know that because she said, "You never used it?"  Gross.  I couldn't survive in this house.  It's like when they all take a swig out of the same bottle of mouthwash.  Nasty.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, missyb said:

Heyy, if I was being shocked constantly with a cattle prod, I would be cursing a blue streak as well!! Every single time! And that was after being pelted with paint balls.

I agree 100% right there.  From what I read, Sam was actually pretty tame IMHO. But then I was raised by a sailor, too. ;)

57 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

However, as a person, she fucking rocks! At least way more than Angie Rockstar, who I keep forgetting exists in the house and who only stands out when the camera cuts to her purple hair.

Angie Rockstar is the definition of a poser. I just don't see anything authentic about her. And her dancing yesterday when I turned on the feeds was truly hideous.

I also am surprisingly cool with Rachel. I thought she'd be in a for sure showmance and she'd be a bitchy gameplayer. But so far, she's shown the most kindness toward Sam and she's been more under the radar this first week. I

Rachel can't stand Angie Rockstar, either. She was going off about Angie late last night in the HOH to Tyler. Angie was being very passive-aggressive to Rachel about something. I think it was over a towel, but more about Angie's attitude.

• Love 1
On 6/29/2018 at 11:59 AM, zorak said:

Kaitlyn was in the bathroom shaving her arms just now.  Why???  Legs and armpits, I understand.  But arms?  I know there are people who do it but it just seems so strange to me.

I once sat on a plane next to a woman who tweezed her arm hair. I know this because she did it on the plane.

On 6/29/2018 at 12:30 PM, Growsonwalls said:

I think Sam is one of those people who was cast and told to be quirkier than she actually was in order to be a "character" on TV. She appears to be a fairly normal young lady with a pleasant personality when she's not forced to be a robot. She has a very regional accent but whatever. I feel bad that being a robot I think torpedoed her game because I think she could go far if she stays the first week.

Yeah, that must be a production error. Fairly normal and pleasant isn't really their MO.

22 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I really dislike Kaitlyn. She’s kind of nasty for all of her namaste nonsense.

But you know what I love about this season so far? NO ONE CARES WHAT PAUL THINKS!!

SHHHHHHH. He is like Beetlejuice. Legend has it that if you say his name three times, he shows back up with 7 weeks of immunity. 

18 hours ago, Callaphera said:

So Angie is asleep. Like, knocked right out and drooling on Orwell.

FIVE "Houseguests, no napping!", two "HGs must be awake from 10 am to 10 pm", and one specific "Rockstar!" shoutout from BB.

Angie? Still asleep. I feel you, girl. I too can sleep through an apocalypse. BB yelling at me wouldn't even make me turn over.

ETA: Now five, three, and two. This is my favourite part of the day so far.

Hey. This is me. When my kiddo was a baby, my poor husband took more night feedings because it was easier than waking me up.

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Hardest part of having a kid was editing out the swear words. My friend has a deal with her daughter where they keep a list of adult words that she isn't allowed to use until she turns 16. That is going to be one hell of a Sweet 16 party.

• Love 8

I miss the food comps.  They are fun for everyone so it baffles me as to why they eliminated it.  Now they all eat frozen pizza most of the time. 

• Love 7
(edited)

For some reason, Sam took it upon herself to clean the fridge up in the HOH. There's Tyler, Swaggy, Bayleigh, etc just sitting watching her too.

Bayleigh is getting on Swaggy that one of his favorite words is "whore".  I agree that's really annoying.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 5

I can understand the compulsive cleaning in that house.  That's what I would be doing. just maybe not in the HOH unless it was mine.

Somebody broke a French Press in the kitchen. Fascinating stuff.

• Love 2
(edited)

Bayleigh to Swaggy:  "Do you hate this?"

Swaggy:  "What?

Bayleigh:  "Me digging in your nose"

Swaggy:  "No.  That's your job."

I came in on this as it was in progress so I'm not entirely sure but I think she was plucking his nose hairs maybe.  WTF

And now it looks like she's popping his pimples.  So gross.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh Yay, Angie Rockstar washed and blow dried her hair and is lapping up the compliments.

Not sure if we should mark the calendar, but it seems like a big deal.

ETA: Robot Sam is now back.

Edited by vb68
3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Oh Yay, Angie Rockstar washed and blow dried and is lapping up the compliments.

Not sure if we should mark the calendar, but it seems like a big deal.

Interesting because earlier today she was telling someone that she wasn't going to shower and said she didn't care if she stunk.  She felt she didn't need to shower because she didn't really do anything yesterday.  I wonder what made her change her mind.  

Kaycee and Angela are in the bathroom speculating about Swaggy's sexuality.  Kaycee says she has pretty good gaydar and she thinks there's something there.

Angela said the first 3 days she liked Steve because he was being himself but apparently after that she says he is not being authentic.

Rockstar said she learned to dance by watching Soul Train.  Somewhere someone associated with Soul Train is cringing based on her dance moves yesterday.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, The Companion said:

Hardest part of having a kid was editing out the swear words. My friend has a deal with her daughter where they keep a list of adult words that she isn't allowed to use until she turns 16. That is going to be one hell of a Sweet 16 party.

Being Italian, we swear all the time.  As kids we were allowed to swear if we were injured.  Hey it stopped the crying.

3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Yeah, yeah, everyone's defending swearing now, but where were all of you when I was escorted out by security from that church last week?

So you don't go to a Catholic church.  I am just assuming since priests drink, smoke and swear all the time.

• Love 4
(edited)

Swaggy is asking America if he should make it official with Bayleigh and Faysal should make it official with Haleigh.  Now Faysal is talking about how week after week it's going to be them dominating the HOH comp.  Swaggy says they are going to "cook" the Amazing Race, too.

I really need for them both to go up next week and one of them needs to go.  They need to be taken down a peg.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 6

Like, my choice is to listen to Swaggy and Faysal pleading to America and then bitching that Swaggy didn't get the power but Angela did (LOL). Or the douche-bros + Steve playing Jenga.

There's absolutely nothing else happening? Ugh.

Swaggy really has a hate on for Angela. 

• Love 2
On 6/28/2018 at 11:24 PM, MrHufflepuff said:

Why are we letting Canadians watch our red-white-and-blue blooded American feeds?  Us Americans work hard for our stupidity and I'll be damned if I'll see it go overseas like that!   What's next?  Letting Kim North Korea watch Bachelor in Paradise?

Make America Stupid Again!  

Er, MrHufflePuff, which ocean would that be between the US and Canada?  The Sea of Vancouver, perhaps?

On 6/29/2018 at 12:24 AM, Apocalypse Cow said:

Fwiw, I have several aunts and cousins named Dixie. It's a pretty common name in NC--- for girls and pets. I've never really seen it used as a racially charged word--- rather just a cute name for a Southern girl/pet or in reference to the South. 

There's enough racist crap in the workd without trying to make everything southern into something racist. 

I used to have a duck named Dixie and my husband used to call me Dixie as a term of endearment.  I can absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt guarantee neither were racially-charged.  We just considered them sweet names indicating which part of the country where we were born and lived.

I can't speak for Winnie, but agree whole-heartedly with Apocalypse Cow that not everything and everybody here in the South is racist.

Can't get JC off my screen fast enough.

• Love 4
Just now, slasherboy said:

Er, MrHufflePuff, which ocean would that be between the US and Canada?  The Sea of Vancouver, perhaps?

It's a sea full of maple syrup and passive-aggressive politeness. And beavers. 

• Love 17
(edited)

Swaggy, paraprased: "America, why did you give the power to Angela? Why did Angela get the power? Why not me? I'm Swaggy C! I trend! I'm totally trendy. I cook it. America, why did you do this? Give it to me next week, America. Not Angela. Never Angela. Me. Make me trend. I already trend. America, love me. Not Angela. But Bayleigh's hot."

Anyone else looking forward to look on Swaggy's face when it turns out that Sam has the power and not Angela?

ETA: Faysal is wearing the Veto. Again. LOL forever

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That's because in the middle of one of their "We're so great" talks Swaggy told him to go get it and put it on.

Swaggy says that Tyler got recruited to go on BB and that Tyler doesn't even watch the show.  Ha!

Edited by zorak
  • Love 1

Haleigh just told Swaggy and Faysal that she's not going to win HOH next week.  They asked her why and she told them she was going to give it to them.  It's unreal how these people are so confident that can just win HOH.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Christi said:

I hate everyone except Sam....hope things change cause this is super boring for me so far? 

I hate everyone, including Sam lol. Actually, I dont hate or love anyone, which is what truly sucks.

3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Yeah, yeah, everyone's defending swearing now, but where were all of you when I was escorted out by security from that church last week?

This is the kinda thing that keeps me coming back here.

3 hours ago, vb68 said:

Bayleigh is getting on Swaggy that one of his favorite words is "whore".  I agree that's really annoying.

I'm at a table of 1, but I sorta kinda like Bayleigh. I mean I mostly find her, and the rest of them, boring as hell, but I like when she calls out the men for the assholes they are.

1 hour ago, zorak said:

Kaycee and Angela are in the bathroom speculating about Swaggy's sexuality.  Kaycee says she has pretty good gaydar and she thinks there's something there.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Admittedly I haven't seen much feeds yet since I've been busy the past 2 days, but from what I have seen these people bore me to tears. I need a fight soon or I'm gonna lose all interest.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

JC has got to go.

He also grabbed some dude's junk the other night (Tyler, I think?) and tried to pull up Rachel's shirt or convince her to show off her boobs. But he's gay! So it's all right! No problems here, right?

Blech. I actually just typed that.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

He also grabbed some dude's junk the other night (Tyler, I think?) and tried to pull up Rachel's shirt or convince her to show off her boobs. But he's gay! So it's all right! No problems here, right?

Blech. I actually just typed that.

Oh, JC. I really like him as a gameplayer, and I like his friendship with Tyler, but....damn, as a person, he needs to know his boundaries. This is giving me Frankie Grande vibes. 

39 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Swaggy, paraprased: "America, why did you give the power to Angela? Why did Angela get the power? Why not me? I'm Swaggy C! I trend! I'm totally trendy. I cook it. America, why did you do this? Give it to me next week, America. Not Angela. Never Angela. Me. Make me trend. I already trend. America, love me. Not Angela. But Bayleigh's hot."

Anyone else looking forward to look on Swaggy's face when it turns out that Sam has the power and not Angela?

I feel like Swaggy is a mixture of Jozea and Paul, and Faysal could turn out to be a Victor. 

22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm at a table of 1, but I sorta kinda like Bayleigh. I mean I mostly find her, and the rest of them, boring as hell, but I like when she calls out the men for the assholes they are.

I think I have potential to like Bayleigh, but she needs to stop acting like a spoiled brat. 

• Love 4