Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Cutty said:

But wait, I was told L6 doesn't bash people. They are all great people and never get personal. They just care about the game.

Obviously that's not true. Angela, Brett, and JC have bashed people, but it's never been that consistent or to this level. Tyler joining in completely surprises me, though.

I do feel like I need to see the conversation first. That tweet doesn't give exact details and I like details, no matter if it's against my favourite houseguest or not. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Obviously that's not true. Angela, Brett, and JC have bashed people, but it's never been that consistent or to this level. Tyler joining in completely surprises me, though.

I do feel like I need to see the conversation first. That tweet doesn't give exact details and I like details, no matter if it's against my favourite houseguest or not. 

Eh, I was listening. It was mostly Brett/Angela/some JC. Tyler said that he hates the "little digs." Haleigh has had the same kind of Sam rants lately. She seems to be getting on everyone's nerves - especially with regards to the kitchen table filled with stuff. With all of them, remember, they've basically been roommates for months.  It's not unusual for people to get on each others' nerves in that dynamic. And they don't really have the option to get away for much time.

And the "brainstorming ways to make her flip out" was trying to figure out how to get her and Haleigh to snap on each other. 

Honestly, most of them (including Haleigh when she justifiably does some bashing of her own, like L6 and all the rest do) don't say much worse than any Big Brother feedster says, including on here. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, mooses said:

Honestly, most of them (including Haleigh when she justifiably does some bashing of her own, like L6 and all the rest do) don't say much worse than any Big Brother feedster says, including on here.

Agree. And I'm mostly just poking fun at the people who claimed they were. Personally I don't expect a bunch of mostly young and immature reality show famewhores to be good people. And that's OK. I don't watch this show to see everyone sitting around singing kumbaya. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Cutty said:

But wait, I was told L6 doesn't bash people. They are all great people and never get personal. They just care about the game.

Not quoting because of you specifically, I'm just curious as to why this has been a sentiment popping up in general the last couple of days?

I don't get it and I feel like all of a sudden things are becoming a little antagonistic when we've been more or less harmonious. Am I crazy?

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Not quoting because of you specifically, I'm just curious as to why this has been a sentiment popping up in general the last couple of days?

I don't get it and I feel like all of a sudden things are becoming a little antagonistic when we've been more or less harmonious. Am I crazy?

Not just you. I think it's the inevitability truly sinking in, plus the HOH controversy, and a smidge of racism accusation - - > perfect storm. I've been trying to keep my yap shut so I don't get myself in trouble. ;) 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I just wanna know what the veto comp was so I know whether to watch it tomorrow or not! Did they talk at all about what kind of comp it was?

Something with "balls " was mentioned. Before they played the veto there was mention of a "guest" coming. I do know it did not take long because the feeds came back pretty quickly.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I just wanna know what the veto comp was so I know whether to watch it tomorrow or not! Did they talk at all about what kind of comp it was?

I believe they said it might have been a replica of the HOH comp from BB16 during the reset week, but I'm not sure. The veto had to do with emojis. That's all I know.

• Love 1

I think Sam is having a hard time again. Last night right before the party she was in the pink room by herself. Kinda talking to herself but I couldn’t pick up anything she was saying and she looked like she wanted to cry. Then Angela came in which sort of broke her from that mood and she went and joined everyone in the kitchen.  That screen shot of her on the floor looks like the same facial expression she had last night. 

• Love 1

I go back and forth about Sam, but she really has turned the dining room table into her personal crafting station.  I just got a good look at it for the first time in a while.  That would irritate me if I wanted to sit down there and, as they might say in Stuart's Draft VA, enjoy me a big ole sandwich and a moon pie.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Maybe if he put sunscreen on before he sat in the sun for hours he wouldn't have this problem!

That’s part of Brett’s irritation - he did.  A few days ago Brett was HIGHLY pissed because he’d applied and re-applied sunscreen about 4 times and he still got burnt.  I posted about it at the time, wondering if anybody (in Production or in the House) had ever thought to check the expiration dates on the bottles of sunscreen.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Mmmmm....

1 hour ago, mooses said:

Eh, I was listening. It was mostly Brett/Angela/some JC. Tyler said that he hates the "little digs." Haleigh has had the same kind of Sam rants lately. She seems to be getting on everyone's nerves - especially with regards to the kitchen table filled with stuff. With all of them, remember, they've basically been roommates for months.  It's not unusual for people to get on each others' nerves in that dynamic. And they don't really have the option to get away for much time.

And the "brainstorming ways to make her flip out" was trying to figure out how to get her and Haleigh to snap on each other. 

I have to go back and watch quite a bit today, I think. There was some issue with Brett and Sam, over beds, and Sam doing more passive agressive digs that everyone is getting sick of, the session up in HOH, and now Scottie and JC "pranking" each other. I'm at work still and can't watch, but Jokers makes it sound like there's a lot of pent up tension going on between everyone.

C'mon BB, break out the booze! LOL

ETA: I should add - break out the booze and this time, put it where a HG will find it! lol

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 1

Earlier today Sam insisted on shaving Angela's face. Angela very firmly told her no. 

Since then Sam has been making her sad faces and talking about how much she hates girls who wear makeup. Brett says that no one points out to her that she (Sam) spends hours doing her hair and makeup. And I guess Angela (I think Hay at this point is too checked out to care) thought this was another passive aggressive dig. So they've been going on about how much shit she has everywhere, and how annoying she is.

Part of it I think is exhaustion in dealing with someone that attention-seeking. But I also think Brett and Angela are getting pretty worried that they might get cut before Sam. So it's a combo of strategy/nerves/bad moods converging into a big "Sam sucks" vent.

• Love 7
Just now, CrazyDog said:

I have to go back and watch quite a bit today, I think. There was some issue with Brett and Sam, over beds, and Sam doing more passive agressive digs that everyone is getting sick of, the session up in HOH, and now Scottie and JC "pranking" each other. I'm at work still and can't watch, but Jokers makes it sound like there's a lot of pent up tension going on between everyone.

C'mon BB, break out the booze! LOL

Oh, yes! From what I understood: Haleigh took Sam's mattress topper (I guess because Sam is a have-not? I don't really know the story there.), so Sam went a took Brett/JC's mattress topper. Brett seemed to want to wait for JC to to stop being a have-not so JC could take it back and didn't know why Sam had to bring him into their feud.

39 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ok whenever I think the HG's are being mean trashing Sam, I see this on my feeds and sort of understand. They're living in confined quarters. Move all your shit instead of having it hog up the entire kitchen table.

Screenshot 2018-09-04 21.07.48.png

Yeah, this is the first I'm seeing a shot of it, but that's super annoying. Angela/JC think she's a hoarder. Tyler mentioned they can't even sit and eat there. And I don't blame anyone for not wanting to confront her about it - I bet she'd grumble about how much she does for the House and her crafts are used to entertain them - why be the one to get on her bad side?

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

Earlier today Sam insisted on shaving Angela's face. Angela very firmly told her no. 

Since then Sam has been making her sad faces and talking about how much she hates girls who wear makeup. Brett says that no one points out to her that she (Sam) spends hours doing her hair and makeup. And I guess Angela (I think Hay at this point is too checked out to care) thought this was another passive aggressive dig. So they've been going on about how much shit she has everywhere, and how annoying she is.

I mean...that is a dig disguised as trying to be helpful. I think most women would be offended if someone insisted on shaving their face.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ok whenever I think the HG's are being mean trashing Sam, I see this on my feeds and sort of understand. They're living in confined quarters. Move all your shit instead of having it hog up the entire kitchen table.

Screenshot 2018-09-04 21.07.48.png

Oh HELL to the no. Absolutely fucking not. That makes me twitch just looking at it. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Sweet Jesus, where does Big Brother FIND these people?  Production needs to put Sam, Fessy, and JC all in time out and not let them out until they learn that no means no!  For the good of society. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Wings said:

Shaving your face is the best exfoliate ever.  And cheap! 

That’s why she wants to do it. She does it because Of that and she tried to convince someone else to do it the other day. Maybe Haleigh and they were not into it. Or maybe it was Angela that time too. 

And those people can kiss sams ass. They have barely used that kitchen table all season when it was empty. 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think the issue is that Angela feels self-conscious of her peach fuzz mustache and doesn't appreciate Sam "helpfully" insisting on shaving her face on national TV. 

Yep. And 100 (generous assessment) to 1, Sam is aware and pushing that button on purpose. So "helpful." Bitch. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think one interesting thing left in this season (wow, there is something!) is how Tyler approaches his gbms. Honestly, he has to come clean on pretty much everything in them imo. Not doing so would be a big mistake I think. But for some reason I am not 100% sure he really will do it.

I think he will be honest. He was honest in his GBM to Swaggy- he told him about Level 6. He's a Superfan and I'm sure is aware that one of the reasons why Paul lost last season is that Josh was honest in his GBM's and Paul continued to lie.

• Love 1

We've talked about Sam's relationship with her mother and grandmother before, but Sam's mentioned that the reason she got that "Ruthless" tatttoo was not just because her grandmother's name is "Ruth" but because she really is ruthless, and had a way of making you feel like crap and terrified while being "helpful" and grandmotherly. She's mentioned her mother is the same way -- anytime Sam wants to do anything, her mother discourages her by saying why she isn't happy with just living in her parents' backyard in a trailer.

So basically Sam by "helpfully" telling Angela to shave her face is repeating the same fucked up passive aggressive shit that's been pulled on her a million times growing up. Sad but there it is.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

So basically Sam by "helpfully" telling Angela to shave her face is repeating the same fucked up passive aggressive shit that's been pulled on her a million times growing up. Sad but there it is.

Not sure how you made that connection.  Shaving your face to exfoliate it is a great tip.  I do it as do many women I know.  Much more effective than expensive scrubs and cheap scrubs fail at the job.  I think Sam was just being helpful.  She likes,to do thing for others.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Wings said:

Not sure how you made that connection.  Shaving your face to exfoliate it is a great tip.  I do it as do many women I know.  Much more effective than expensive scrubs and cheap scrubs fail at the job.  I think Sam was just being helpful.  She likes,to do thing for others.  

Angela has a bit of a mustache. She has more facial hair than most women. This has been talked about on the boards, how without makeup the mustache is pretty prominent. If Sam had said this to anyone but Angela I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. But to say that directly to the woman who has quite a bit of facial hair? No, that's a passive aggressive dig.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Angela has a bit of a mustache. She has more facial hair than most women. This has been talked about on the boards, how without makeup the mustache is pretty prominent. If Sam had said this to anyone but Angela I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. But to say that directly to the woman who has quite a bit of facial hair? No, that's a passive aggressive dig.

I’m confused; Sam saying it to anybody else would be ok, but Sam saying it to somebody who needs it is a passive-aggressive dig?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I’m confused; Sam saying it to anybody else would be ok, but Sam saying it to somebody who needs it is a passive-aggressive dig?

Its a touchy issue for some women. It's sort of like telling a woman with cellulite "hey you really ought to try this support hose that I have." 

• Love 10

Angela does not have a mustache.  She would wax or pluck it if she did.  In a previous discussion about this it seems she may have a scar or under certain lighting it is a shadow.  It certainly isn't hair.

• Love 9

I don't know that Sam was being purposefully rude. I think if anything, she's guilty of being kind of clunky about it. Where she goes "wrong", so to speak, is not taking Angela's no for what it was and continuing to press the issue. She should have just dropped it.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

Angela does not have a mustache.  She would wax or pluck it if she did.  In a previous discussion about this it seems she may have a scar or under certain lighting it is a shadow.  It certainly isn't hair.

I thought I read somewhere (but maybe it was just speculation) that the shadow was a small scar from something from her gymnastic days. Honestly, I don't even notice it but I'm not the most observant at things like that.

• Love 2

I do think it’s funny that Angela thinks that Sam is an F’ing nut. She was hysterical today in the HOH with Tyler & Brett laughing about. She is saying what I’ve been think all season. Sam is a total nit job and being on BB and I. The house all summer isn’t helping. Free Sam........from us!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Its a touchy issue for some women. It's sort of like telling a woman with cellulite "hey you really ought to try this support hose that I have." 

God, I’m glad I’m not a woman.  I’d never be able to say anything right.  ;>

• Love 3

If I understand correctly, Scottie is L6’s current target; IMHO this is a mistake - their primary target should be Hay.

1. Hay has had uninterrupted time in the House to build and enhance multilayered relationships; Scottie has none, and he’s missed a week in the House besides.
  2. In general between Hay and Scottie, Scottie is a bigger threat in the physical challenges while Hay has an edge in the nonphysical/more mentally focused comps.  Given the last HoH comp was extremely physical, the next HoH comp is more likely to be focused on the mental - so wouldn’t it make better sense to evict the more mentally adept HG OTB before they get a chance to compete?
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

I do think that Tyler, For the most part, truly likes Sam.

plus, he knows she would never turn on him. As nuts as she can be, she keeps his secrets.

I completely agree in that I do think Tyler likes Sam for the most part.  As others have said, it is like living with roommates.  After some time you are bound to start talking about them and the things they do that annoy you (especially for someone as quirky as Sam).

I get that way with my friends all of the time and I am not around them 24/7.  I think it is healthy to vent about something/someone who is annoying you.  I don't think that makes you a bad person, I just think it is a very normal thing to do.

In regards to the members of L6 being racist in evicting Bay and Christopher, until it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that was their reason I am inclined to not believe it.  Nowadays it is become far too easy to brand someone a racist, so much so the word has lost its meaning.  Before it was used on scum like David Duke or Hitler, now it seems to be tossed around like it is nothing.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 18