Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kris117 said:

Oh, [Sam’s] playing a game. She’s not playing Big Brother, but she’s playing some sort of game.

Now that I think of it, she’s intent on showing Production how the game should be played. Points for housekeeping, cooking, being nice, doing crafts, and houseguests not draping themselves over each other. Unless they’re guys or Sam.

Reminds me of Survivor‘s Russell Hantz on his second 2nd-place-finish’s Finale night.  Jeff Probst had asked Hantz why he’d lost; Hantz started grousing about the Jurors letting personal biases get in the way of their vote decisions, and positing different ways the Jurors should be instructed to consider ONLY the strategic aspects of an F2 player’s game when deciding their vote - when Jeff Probst startled me with one of the most surprisingly astute remarks I’ve ever heard from him: “Well, Russell, that would be a very interesting game indeed - but it wouldn’t be Survivor.”

Same here.  The game Sam wishes for might be a very nice game indeed - but it wouldn’t be Big Brother.

• Love 16
Just now, lilabennet said:

I think Tyler expected there to be a battleback and decided to wait for his GBM confessions until after it was over.  If he doesn't mention L6 in his GBM this week, then I will be very surprised (and disappointed).

Again, I don't think it would have mattered. Tyler could sit Haleigh, Fessy, Bayleigh, and Rockstar down when they were all still in the house, explain about L6 and his role in the house/alliance over all these weeks. And Haleigh would still talking about how she wants to work with Tyler, Rockstar would be saying that there are no "sides" in the house, Bayleigh would open her mouth and fuck it up somehow, and Fessy would still be wondering who flipped. And there would be talk about innocent lamb Tyler being used by the other non-side of the house. 

Let's say that Tyler did 'fess up in his GBMs and one of those people came back in the Battle Back. The only two HGs that wouldn't know about L6 already would be JC and Sam (and Haleigh but she doesn't factor in here). Sam votes however the fuck she wants lately, usually for whoever it going home because hello, long con and jury management. JC? Would still be attached to Tyler's ass but would most likely continue voting with him because where can you go now? 

Aside from some major fluke happening and Tyler getting voted out, he's pretty solid. I'm not saying he's the winner, because I have my fingers crossed for an Ice Queen/ANALLICE F2 at the end (c'mon, it would be hilarious), but he's definitely set himself up so well that it would be difficult for him to screw this up. It's possible it could get screwed up but also very unlikely at this point. 

• Love 8

Although I am not a fan of Mike Boogie, his F2 speech was one of the best I have heard ("You are all chilltown)". He managed the jury right on the spot. He gave credit to each and everyone HG for getting him where he was, in the finale. That is stroking ego, taking the sting out of their eviction and letting them laugh with him, nod their heads and say, its true.

That would work today as well. RS is the poison in jury house. I think Bay went in with a better attitude and RS is just poisoning everyone who walks in the door. They need to held accountable for their thinking and I believe a good F2 speech can do that in a fun way. How can Tyler ever thank RS enough for helping him during OTEV?  If Bay had not revealed her power to one person who told him ( or Angela) he would not be where he is. etc. I think Josh did good on the spot jury management as well. Pau;l was horrible. He basically said if you thought I was going to lay down my game  for you, you were wrong.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Julie Chen:  Fessy, in order to return to the house and re-enter the game, you will need to put fog on this mirror.

One hour later..

Julie Chen:  I'm sorry, Fessy, time is up.  You will now have to return to the jury house.

TBF, Fessy would fail that test not because he couldn't breathe on it but because he'd spend the hour running around Studio City with the mirror in the air, trying to collect enough condensation to cover the glass.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

And there would be talk about innocent lamb Tyler being used by the other non-side of the house. 

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Hive voted the game to Tyler thinking that he was innocent in the face of the more diabolical (female?) players. That would show 'em  that the Hive was on to them and was not going to reward them for their sneakiness, taking advantage of that poor boy that way!

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Reminds me of Survivor‘s Russell Hantz on his second 2nd-place-finish’s Finale night.  Jeff Probst had asked Hantz why he’d lost; Hantz started grousing about the Jurors letting personal biases get in the way of their vote decisions, and positing different ways the Jurors should be instructed to consider ONLY the strategic aspects of an F2 player’s game when deciding their vote - when Jeff Probst startled me with one of the most surprisingly astute remarks I’ve ever heard from him: “Well, Russell, that would be a very interesting game indeed - but it wouldn’t be Survivor.”

This actually reminds me of a short-lived show called "King of the Nerds" where the winner was also voted on by the eliminated players.  The choice was between two players: one who had won a lot of competitions but also lied/backstabbed to get to the end, and one who was genuinely nice to the rest of the players.   The jury argued a lot about whether they should reward bad behavior/good game play or average game play/good behavior.  Each side was adamant that their criteria represented the "right" way to vote and one contestant made a great statement:  "We all get to choose what we value."  That really opened my eyes to reality competitions in general.  Whether you're a viewer or a jury member, there is no "right" way to pick a winner.  We all get to choose the type of game we value.  

True story:  I was legitimately depressed at the conclusion of BB Season 2 because I really hated the way Dr. Will/Chilltown played the game.  Granted, this was early in my "reality tv" watching, so I didn't have much of a basis for comparison, but it really bothered me that people who (to me) seemed almost sociopathic were rewarded and lauded by the general public.  It didn't dawn on me until much later that what I valued wasn't necessarily the same for everyone and that that was okay.  You can play like Will and win, but you have to have a lot of charm and charisma and the ability to feed the jurors what they want to hear.  Some want their egos pumped, some want to reward comp wins, some want to vote on personal connection...the list is endless.

That's  what makes every season of this show unique...it's not just the ability to have a good social game or win a lot of comps.  In order to win, you have to be able to read each person in the jury and try to figure out what type of game/person they value in order to get their vote.  There is no one size fits all strategy because each juror may value things differently.

15 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Hive voted the game to Tyler thinking that he was innocent in the face of the more diabolical (female?) players. That would show 'em  that the Hive was on to them and was not going to reward them for their sneakiness, taking advantage of that poor boy that way!

Especially if Sam is with them, leading the charge!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, LGGirl said:

What does it matter if someone has an entitled life?  If you are born in to a wealthy family and your parents want to send you to good schools, travel, and other things, how is that your fault?   You were born into it.  And just because some was born into an “entitled” life, does not mean your life is a cake walk? No.  Loss and abuse happens whether you are rich or poor.  Compared to most of the world, we all live an “entitled” life.  

Bayleigh had a privileged life, but that doesn't entitle her to a sense of entitlement (ha! See what I did there!). And, yes, I do think she acts more entitled than Angela. Bayleigh refers to herself as a queen. She orders people around, and she occasionally loses her shit when they don't do as she says. Angela is not perfect. She can be rather catty, or mean, but I wouldn't call her entitled. And if I recall correctly, she has never referred to herself as a queen or princess. Rockstar did that for her.

Both of them have their faults, but RS can't be throwing stones at Angela when she's got the self-proclaimed Queen braiding her hair.

2 hours ago, leocadia said:

Scottie earned some points from me.  He and Brett were discussing the possibilities of who BB might bring in to host the veto comp.  They invoked the name of Frankie and while Brett said "That's be cool", Scottie just replied with "Eh".  I was hoping he'd elaborate, but sadly he did not.

Similar thing happened with me earlier.  I was scrolling Tyler's Twitter and he lost some points with me when I saw he was a Josh fan. As my mama always told me, "Don't go looking for something you don't want to find."

• Love 4

I’m patiently waiting for a spoof song for Brett called “Anal Lice,” sung to the tune of “Edelweiss” from The Sound of Music. Brett singing that at a PA would be internet gold, wouldn’t it?

Thanks for your comments re Bayleigh/RS/Angela, Blissfool. Rockstar’s attitude toward Angela is toxic, ignorant and born out of visceral, unjustifiable hatred. She’s assuming “daddy” has paid for whatever material comforts Angela has enjoyed without once acknowledging that maybe at least some of it might have been acquired through hard work. For instance was she ever even aware about Angela’s home decor job, the one Angela claims required a 24/7 commitment? It just seems to me that Rockstar’s resentment stems entirely from the green eyed monster residing within her. Angela is physically very attractive and on the “winning” side of the house and that’s obviously driven Rockstar crazy. Sad.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Correct.  If you can fog a mirror you got the job!  He can do that. 

Julie Chen:  Fessy, in order to return to the house and re-enter the game, you will need to put fog on this mirror.

One hour later..

Julie Chen:  I'm sorry, Fessy, time is up.  You will now have to return to the jury house.

Fessy: Oh, THAT mirror!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Again, I don't think it would have mattered. Tyler could sit Haleigh, Fessy, Bayleigh, and Rockstar down when they were all still in the house, explain about L6 and his role in the house/alliance over all these weeks. And Haleigh would still talking about how she wants to work with Tyler, Rockstar would be saying that there are no "sides" in the house, Bayleigh would open her mouth and fuck it up somehow, and Fessy would still be wondering who flipped. And there would be talk about innocent lamb Tyler being used by the other non-side of the house. 

Let's say that Tyler did 'fess up in his GBMs and one of those people came back in the Battle Back. The only two HGs that wouldn't know about L6 already would be JC and Sam (and Haleigh but she doesn't factor in here). Sam votes however the fuck she wants lately, usually for whoever it going home because hello, long con and jury management. 

I actually disagree and thought it was laughable when Angela told this to Scottie. Just another thing for the B.B. crew to bitch about.

she has voted against the house twice, once cause she couldn’t bear to vote out Bay, and this last time when she voted out Hay who she hates. She voted out Scottie and Rockstar.

2 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

What did Tyler do to MISmanage the jury? He hasn't gotten personal, he hasn't been brash and overbearing... being a better player than them isn't handling them poorly, it's the game.

What's the best way to manage them, then? Roll over and die so they can win?

If they are bitter against him then he did something wrong. That's kinda how the game works. The point of the game is to win the game (H/T Herm Edwards). It's not to play the flashiest and best game according to the viewers. 

Also, I disagree that he's done nothing to make people bitter. Claiming loyalty to the entire house isn't smart because it leaves you open to people being bitter when you turn on them. He acted like a complete dipshit after Bayleigh was backdoored. Prancing around all smug in sunglasses. And for no reason whatsoever other than he was butthurt because he thought she was the hacker. What he didn't realize is he still had her snowed and could have kissed her ass all week and put all the blame on Angela. 

Obviously I think Tyler has played the best game and deserves to win, but if he gets to the end and doesn't win I'll be fine with it because that's how the game works.

And as much as I've criticized KC I don't think she's played terribly. Sometimes it's better to not be the one driving the bus. There are many ways to play this game effectively and she's put herself in a very good position. Tyler should realize that. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

[Sam] has voted against the house twice, once cause she couldn’t bear to vote out Bay, and this last time when she voted out Hay who she hates. She voted out Scottie and Rockstar.

Actually, I think Sam’s explanation at the time was Sam didn’t think Bae deserved to leave on what looked to be a unanimous vote - Sam wanted to throw at least one vote Bae’s way.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Actually, I think Sam’s explanation at the time was Sam didn’t think Bae deserved to leave on what looked to be a unanimous vote - Sam wanted to throw at least one vote Bae’s way.

Angela/Scottie acknowledged that Sam's game is figuring out how the votes going to go, cozying up to who is leaving, and voting for them to stay instead. 

It's pretty obvious when she said Fessy’s speech convinced her...to Angela who he trashed in his speech. It was clearly an excuse she had thought of before the vote. 

If plugging your ears, closing your eyes and voting the wrong way every week turns out to be a legitimate winning strategy, new casts are gonna be a snore to watch. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5

I know that L6 plays the game pure and will vote purely on game play, but I find it funny that they consider JC such a dead weight when it was his relationship with Fessy that protected them all.   Without that,  one of them might  be in the jury house. 

But since he hasn't won comps and he has committed the sin of not knowing they are a solid foursome, they consider him just a leech on all of their fantastic gameplay. 

I expect that if JC and Sam were f2, L6 would be pretty bitter. 

Edited by Sketcher
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Cutty said:

If they are bitter against him then he did something wrong.

I don't necessarily always agree with that. Just because someone is pissy over something doesn't mean it's justified.

There are multiple ways to play the game, I agree (for example, I also see nothing wrong with Kaycee's game, I just don't happen to think it's the best one out of everyone's this season) and since time immemorial in Big Brother, people have fibbed, lied, made alliances, broken alliances, said what someone wanted to hear, changed their minds, and made moves they may not have even *wanted* to but knew they *had* to. It may sting, it may frustrate and it may cost another person their game, but the latter is sort of the point. You can't win if I want to. I can't win if you want to. Someone's gonna get the shit end of the stick there, and the players should be mentally prepared for it to be them.

So, unless someone consistently (as anyone can have a slip in an emotional moment) goes personal with insults and/or is boorish and offensive to live with, being outwitted, beaten to the punch in a game move isn't really enough - at least for me - for it to be okay for you to consciously not award them a win they earned. The juror can still do it of course, but I'll also think they're unjustified for doing so.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, mooses said:

Angela/Scottie acknowledged that Sam's game is figuring out how the votes going to go, cozying up to who is leaving, and voting for them to stay instead. 

It's pretty obvious when she said Fessy’s speech convinced her...to Angela who he trashed in his speech. It was clearly an excuse she had thought of before the vote. 

If plugging your ears, closing your eyes and voting the wrong way every week turns out to be a legitimate winning strategy, new casts are gonna be a snore to watch. 

But she has only done it twice and for personal reasons. For love of Bay and dislike of Hay.

If they were right, she wouldn’t have voted out Rockstar or Scottie.

i don’t think the vote has anything to do with jury management.

JMO?

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I don't necessarily always agree with that. Just because someone is pissy over something doesn't mean it's justified.

But in Big Brother (and Survivor for that matter) the goal isn't to get to the end and show your gamer bona fides.  You get to the end while being a less objectionable player for that season's jury. The games are replete with solid game players who lost to someone who didn't make the flashy tactical moves. Ask Paul. Or Russell Hantz.

Getting the jury on your side is at much a part of the game as comps and evictions. The jury isn't there to reward the winner, the jury decides the winner.

You can screw yourself on a strategic game move if that move created a juror who is angry at you.

Edited by phlebas
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, phlebas said:

But in Big Brother (and Survivor for that matter) the goal isn't to get to the end and show your gamer bona fides.  You get to the end while being a less objectionable player for that season's jury. The games are replete with solid game players who lost to someone who didn't make the flashy tactical moves. Ask Paul. Or Russell Hantz.

Getting the jury on your side is at much a part of the game as comps and evictions. The jury isn't there to reward the winner, the jury decides the winner.

You can screw yourself on a strategic game move if that move created a juror who is angry at you.

I can see we'd be different types of jurors haha.

To start, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that playing the game in and of itself isn't objectionable. If someone finds themselves angered by the sheer act of playing the game, then that's on them, not the person who made the moves that bested them.

You're using Paul and Russell Hantz as examples of your point, and they're correct for it - but not mine. I specifically mentioned not getting personal and not acting offensively, things the two of them repeatedly did each and every time they played. Tyler isn't carrying himself anything like them, and to compare him to them is, frankly, kind of insulting - both to him as a player AND especially as a person.

You say you can screw yourself on a strategic game move if it created a juror that's angry at you. I think this leaves out the crux of what I'm speaking about - is it about how one carries themselves when making the move, or the move itself? If someone is socially abhorrent, then yes, that would make one angry for justifiable reasons. If simply playing the game itself is what makes one upset, then the onus for that anger is on the juror, not the player. I personally don't think it's fair to hold someone accountable for playing a game you willingly signed up for just because they did so better than you.

• Love 8

So, Kaycee won. It's basically a repeat of last week, guys!

Ok, not really, but I find it pretty funny that Kaycee won again. 

I really did want Scottie to win because I wanted a JC backdoor situation. Sadly, not my week. 

Also, Haleigh's pissed at Sam for, I think, telling BB to turn the water back on when Haleigh kept slipping in the veto. I don't know what kind of veto it was.

• Love 4

I knew she was going to become a comp beast when she wanted to, nice! 

Yes, I think Tyler's best bet is still Angela for F2. Good for Kaycee. She's cranking it up now.

They really should boot Haleigh and keep Scottie. Doesn't Tyler want to try to keep Scottie?

• Love 6

The worst possible outcome. Again. Another predictable week. And all the stupid battle back did was delay the inevitable another week.

I should stop hoping for something interesting to happen. Can’t even get an ultimately meaningless replacement nominee. 

• Love 10

I think Tyler's best bet is Brett.  Bayleigh and RS said that they would vote for a woman to win no matter what at one point and I think they would give Angela the credit she deserves if she was in the final 2, particularly if Hay advocates for her.

Just now, lilabennet said:

I think Tyler's best bet is Brett.  Bayleigh and RS said that they would vote for a woman to win no matter what at one point and I think they would give Angela the credit she deserves if she was in the final 2, particularly if Hay advocates for her.

I still think Angela is a better bet. Brett is charismatic and could convince the jury he played a bigger role in everything than he actually did. 

Bayleigh would vote for Angela over Tyler. Not sure about RS. She left her a nasty GBM. 

6 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Let me reiterate-Tyler will not let Haleigh anywhere near an HoH comp, especially if he suspects a double eviction on Thursday.

Yeah, Haleigh is done. I’ll eat a hat if she survives this week. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Let me reiterate-Tyler will not let Haleigh anywhere near an HoH comp, especially if he suspects a double eviction on Thursday.

Which, if true, makes his alliance as stupid as the one they got out.  The three voters know that JC is after the women and will never put up Tyler.   They know Scottie will put them up before Tyler.   Sam will never put up Tyler. 

BUT, sure... leave yourself at risk during a possible double eviction because it's what Tyler wants.   Brilliant game play!

• Love 5

I really like Kaycee - she seems like a cool person, and is playing a good, quiet game. I'm glad she's building her resume with some competition wins because she's been playing a under-the-radar strategic game (and you know that some jurors think that competition wins are important [here's looking at you, Fessy]).

• Love 7

Ok, I just can’t with the Tyler is such an angel crap —-

Tyler has talked major shit behind the backs of every member of the hive — including details about Bayleigh’s sex life.  And he made it very personal when he called out Bay in front of the house and said he was voting her out.  This, based on his very bad assumption that she was the hacker.  In fact, he has had it out for Bay on a personal level since week one.

I just don’t see a Boy Scout...

And I love the idea of the other side coming up with h a unanimous vote for the winner. Payback’s a bitch on Big Brother!

Edited by plotpointer
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Sketcher said:

Which, if true, makes his alliance as stupid as the one they got out.  The three voters know that JC is after the women and will never put up Tyler.   They know Scottie will put them up before Tyler.   Sam will never put up Tyler. 

BUT, sure... leave yourself at risk during a possible double eviction because it's what Tyler wants.   Brilliant game play!

Huh? Uhhh...OK. Look, Tyler knows all too well that he’s been Haleigh’s primary target for weeks and HE’D be stupid not to get her the fuck out when he finally gets the chance. JC will have to come around. Angela, Kaycee and Sam will have absolutely no problem voting her out. Angela and Kaycee know what a threat she is to them in comps. And Sam just hates her guts.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Huh? Uhhh...OK. Look, Tyler knows all too well that he’s been Haleigh’s primary target for weeks and HE’D be stupid not to get her the fuck out when he finally gets the chance. JC will have to come around. Angela, Kaycee and Sam will have absolutely no problem voting her out. Angela and Kaycee know what a threat she is to them in comps. And Sam just hates her guts.

Tyler has no vote, therefore voting for what protects Tyler rather than yourself is stupid.

Tyler already has protection from every person in the house except Hayleigh.  The people voting know they don't have that luxury.  The girls know JC could win and put them, so could Scottie.  What if Sam wins? She's not putting up Tyler or Brett, that's for sure!  

It's one thing to play as a "team".  It's another to put yourself at a disadvantage in order to ensure absolute protection for someone when it puts you at greater risk.  That's just stupid.

• Love 5