Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

Dr. Will and Dan Gheesling were bitches, too.  They made atrocious comments and treated their housemates like garbage. But since they weren’t pretty girls, their bitchiness translated to “wittiness” and “cockiness.”

Oh please. Will and Dan would never hide in the HOH room with the door locked after making a game move. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Cutty said:

Oh please. Will and Dan would never hide in the HOH room with the door locked after making a game move. 

Dan went and hid in his bed after he voted to evict Jesse over Memphis, sending him home and throwing the other side of the house into chaos. You’re right about Will, though — he made no big game moves and just relied upon the stupidity of others. 

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Cutty said:
1 hour ago, plotpointer said:

Angela gives bitch face, makes below the belt remarks about everyone behind their back, and lays in her bed sulking.  Angela has made it perfectly clear numerous times that she doesn’t want to be there and she can’t stand the people in the house.  Nope — she doesn’t come across as fascinating in the least bit.

I had high hopes for her coming into the house, but she really doesn't do it for me. She was invisible the first month and then this bitch persona came out. Also can't stand how she talks a big game but then hides in her HOH after she makes a move. She's done that twice this season. That's not how you win the game. 

Precisely why I don't feel sorry for the twit....Fessy was right, she's not all that attractive.  Okay, her body is banging but she has an ugly soul and a butterface.

• Love 5

I usually find such a one-sided contest boring, too, but this summer has been different -- the Hive has been so hilariously clueless and inept, and L6 has been having so much fun taking them down while mostly not getting personal about it -- that I'm enjoying it very much.

Last year's game was one-sided too, but it was also pointlessly sadistic and cruel. There was no joy, no fun, just torture, isolation and idolatry.

I'd probably dislike most of L6 in the real world, but on my TV screen, I've enjoyed the hell outta them. Brett is just the most charming asshole, while I still marvel at how everyone, male and female, seems to melt around Tyler; Sam is delusional and judgmental, JC oozes smarm like a modern-day Uriah Heep, while Angela and KC are the bitches you love to hate.

Edited by Gummo
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, me5671 said:

And it's all Kaitlyn's fault for failing to solve that damn puzzle!  Think about it... if she succeeded like she was supposed to, there probably wouldn't have been a jury battle back. 

Nah, there was always going to be a JBB regardless; it allows for an additional player slot to be eliminated via DE, and TPTB loooove their DEs.  Chakra Con’s fail simply meant there wasn’t enough slack in the schedule/player balance to allow for two DEs this season - and also posed the risk of screwing up the schedule, in the event a HG either DORed or was pulled out for any reason.  Example: If Sam had followed through on one of her frequent threats to walk, Production probably would’ve had to go back in the BB Warehouse to pull out and dust off the good ol’ Big Red Button.  An old-fashioned BB Reset would’ve been needed as de facto erasure of an eviction, to stretch the remaining HG pool enough to cover the show’s scheduled broadcast slots.

2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Because he's been trying to keep JC really close - keeps telling JC that he's with him above anyone else. He knows JC is a lose cannon and can't risk throwing him up even if he tells JC that he's safe.  Could totally backfire and make JC come after him.  JC flies off the handle too easily.

Hmmm... upon reflection, this might be the perfect time for Tyler to rid himself of JC the Troublesome Troll.  Think about it:

1. Tyler puts Scarecrow and Mrs. King (Scottie and Hay) OTB.
  2. One of them (Scottie, probably) wins PoV and takes themselves down.
  3. Tyler says to JC, “Look, man - I have to pick someone as a pawn to sit next to Hay, and you’re the only HG never to have been OTB.  If I don’t pick you, everybody will be certain we’re in an alliance - and that puts a big-ass target on both our backs.  It’s not fair to keep asking Kaycee and Brett to do it over and over again when you’ve never been - and there’s nothing to worry about, because in any case we have more than enough votes to keep you here.  So it has to be your turn to take one for the team, to maintain our cover.  Waddaya say?”
  4. JC reluctantly acquiesces, and goes OTB as a pawn replacement nom.
  5. Whoops! JC the Pawn goes to Jury without Tyler casting a vote against him - and in Tyler’s GBM he says, “If you’re seeing this, JC, I don’t know what happened- someone must’ve flipped, or Scottie got in their ear or something....”

End result: the potentially most-bitter Juror in the known universe leaves the House, and Tyler accumulates an absolute minimum of BOHH in the process.  At worst, JC will think Tyler was hoodwinked by the other HGs - and blame them, not Tyler.

53 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I already know what his nom speech will be:  Haleigh - you put me up as the hacker.  Scottie - it's just fair to put you up since you were already evicted. 

“...and it’s nothing personal, these are strictly game moves, these nominations get the least blood on my hands, and at the end of the day....”  ;)

40 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I can't believe [Fessy] lost it. He got his balls the fastest and his hand was like a foot away from the thing.

To be perfectly honest NOTHING about Fessy’s gameplay all season has given ANY indication Fessy ever had a firm grip on his balls, and has frequently indicated the opposite - Fessy’s balls have a firm grip on HIM.  ;>

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

@plotpointer while I completely agree with you on L6, I think we are defnitely in the minority. The casuals and the majority of the feeders love them. I can't wrap my head around why, but this season is very popular.

I've never understood rooting for a big alliance on a reality show like this. The most entertaining seasons of Survivor and BB is when power and alliances shift and you don't just have one group of people picking off the other side. I would feel the same way if this season was reversed somehow and it was Swaggy's side picking off LevelTyler. 

But different strokes for different folks. I guess I just tend to root for the underdog, which are basically the people who don't have the numbers.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Respectfully, I disagree. I like that L6 sees it as a game and plays it, more or less, well. I don't root for people just because they're "underdogs" (though we all do enjoy a good underdog story) or just because they amuse me now and then - in the end, I want to see the best player player win. I'd also like that person to be a decent human being and thankfully, Tyler seems to be that. I'm quite invested in his game, and the others in his alliance, at varying levels, by extension. And when you've made yourself an underdog because you are a totally inept player, I may chuckle at the stupidity and I may not think you're the devil, but I don't want to root for you to win.

ALL of this, but particularly the bold. I'm baffled by Sacred Six / Hive / Foutte fans (yes, I know they're baffled by me right back :) ) - I could never cheer for that level of fail.

Also, every time I see your avatar, I literally lol. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

blood on my hands

I'm starting to develop an eye twitch at how many times this is being said this season. It's at s17 levels.

3 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Also, every time I see your avatar, I literally lol. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

One of the best things production did this season was put that specific pillow out as a decoration.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Love 17
Just now, IndyMischa said:

ALL of this, but particularly the bold. I'm baffled by Sacred Six / Hive / Foutte fans (yes, I know they're baffled by me right back :) ) - I could never cheer for that level of fail.

That's the thing, rooting for Haleigh or Scottie to win HOH (the two people alone in the game) doesn't mean I'm rooting for Footy. I'm rooting for something different to happen.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Cutty said:

That's the thing, rooting for Haleigh or Scottie to win HOH (the two people alone in the game) doesn't mean I'm rooting for Footy. I'm rooting for something different to happen.

I get that. Nothing personal, just Team Good Feeds.

A team that, when it comes down to it, we are all members of.

...I miss Kaitlyn and Winston.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Totally understand. If I didn't like L4 so much, I would feel the same. (This must be how Brigade fans felt that season...)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, IndyMischa said:

"Torture, isolation, and idolatry" is perfect. They should make that the subcap on the BB19 listing in the CBS app.

Big Brother 4: The X Factor

Big Brother 5: Project DNA

Big Brother 19: Torture, Isolation and Idoltry

• Love 12

Well, I have rooted for members of both sides of the house (Scottie and Haleigh for a while on The Hive side, Brett and Tyler for L6 side) and then don't really care one way or another about various people in the house when it comes to winning. The only people I've never wanted to win were Fessy and Rockstar. 

So...I guess I'm still on Team Good Feeds? I think I can see appeals for both sides of the house having their fans. Some really prefer being entertained. Some prefer good strategy and gameplay. The Hive brings entertainment and drama, while L6 brings good strategy and gameplay. So everyone's preferences will be different. 

However, can we all come together and agree that JC's a disgusting piece of shit whose decent gameplay has been overshadowed by his piece of shit personality and should get nowhere near F3? And even JC's good gameplay is essentially him manipulating a complete moron, so is his hardcore gameplay actually good in the first place? 

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

(This must be how Brigade fans felt that season...)

I recently rewatched this season and found that if you viewed it focused on the personalities and not the game play, it's not so bad. I think the people were mostly enjoyable overall.

Also: <3 Rachel <3

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
I just couldn't leave so much "I found" in so short a post haha
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, mooses said:

Nah, that's just what Faysal said his speech would do for her. But, if she does survive that long, Faysal had nothing to do with it. 

31 minutes ago, gunderda said:

ohhhhh ok! haha  i knew his speech would be ridiculous so I muted it. 

BB20 Rule #1: If (a) Fessy says it and (b) it is related to gameplay in any way, then by definition it is not correct.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

However, can we all come together and agree that JC's a disgusting piece of shit whose decent gameplay has been overshadowed by his piece of shit personality and should get nowhere near F3? And even JC's good gameplay is essentially him manipulating a complete moron, so is his hardcore gameplay actually good in the first place? 

Overwhelming yes (times infinity) to the first. I would say no to the second, but will entertain the contrary opinion on that one.

3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

BB20 Rule #1: If (a) Fessy says it and (b) it is related to gameplay in any way, then by definition it is not correct.

QFT.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I guess I just tend to root for the underdog, which are basically the people who don't have the numbers.

So true. But, in general, what I really root for is just for the game to not follow a boring, predictable path. I rooted for Jeff/Jordan in BB11 and they were far from underdogs since Production was up Jeff's butt more than almost any other player ever lol. I just find it dreadfully boring to watch one group win week after week. For me if the same people are always winning, there's really no fun in being invested in/rooting for them even if I like them.

29 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Exactly. Hell, I will root for Kaycee or Angela or Brett if any of them pull their head out of their ass and get Tyler out before F2 just so that the winner that was obvious from week fucking 2 doesn't win lol. (I don't think I can root for JC if he did it, but luckily for me there's no chance of that happening so I don't have to find out if I would or not.)

21 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Also: <3 Rachel <3

That's why I think I might even prefer BB12 to this. I loved Rachel and she was actually someone fun to root for who actually gave the other side a it of a problem. There's none of that this season.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Hell, I will root for Kaycee or Angela or Brett if any of them pull their head out of their ass and get Tyler out before F2 just so that the winner that was obvious from week fucking 2 doesn't win lol.

I'd be the biggest Blandgela fan in the world if she turned on Tyler. I rooted for Gina Marie when she made a move against McCranda, so I have zero standards on who I will root for.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ceeg said:

I like Angela and I think she’s entertaining. Every season needs a villain. And it’s nice to finally have a villain that isn’t a complete piece of shit. 

I don't think she's totally a villain, but I do really like her and her game.  Bayleigh told Rachel that Tyler wanted Angela to go up if someone came off the block, which wasn't true.  He was seeking confirmation of what he assumed Bayleigh would do, and he was right.  He never pitched Angela to go up on his own, and Rachel went off as though he did and it was Gospel truth.  Then Rachel spiraled.  Angela had to go off information she got that Rachel that was incorrect, and that was coming from someone she thought was a friend.  I totally get why she turned on Rachel, and I don't blame her one bit for it.  I'd be pissed too!  Is she always the nicest person? No.  But she can be.  She took care of Sam (and others) last night after Sam fell off, which I truly believe was genuine.  

And like others have said before - if Angela was a guy and did and said the same thing, she'd just be seen as cocky and would be praised.

• Love 11

I can't describe how excited I was when Vegas spoiled the possibility of Angela wanting to cut Tyler. Now, I'm not so sure that she would, at least before Tyler cuts her, but I thought that would be the biggest game move that anyone could ever make in the game. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Christi said:

I hope Tyler would let Hay slide on this nomination.  She did really well on that swing...I wish they would have made deals when they were the last 2 on

No way. The second she made him the hacker nominee, that possibility flew out the window. Understandably, imo.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I can't describe how excited I was when Vegas spoiled the possibility of Angela wanting to cut Tyler. Now, I'm not so sure that she would, at least before Tyler cuts her, but I thought that would be the biggest game move that anyone could ever make in the game. 

I totally think they both will try to take the other out towards the end. There's a reason they haven't made a F2 deal. I just hope Tyler does it first, though I'm sure he'll be jeered if he does. Who does Angela want to try to go to F2 with though?

ETA: Though personally I think he'd do better going with Angela to the end. This jury could give Kaycee a win over Tyler. Though Fessy would never vote for her, lol.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Who does Angela want to try to go to F2 with though?

This is a great question. Most of us -- and most of the houseguests, it seems -- are assuming it's Kaycee.

Assuming it's only L6 getting to the end (a safe assumption right now):

No one in their right should take Tyler, if they have a choice.

I think anyone in L6 could beat JC and Sam on gameplay. But The Hive is half the jury and obviously they don't understand gameplay so there's that.

Brett's played a pretty good game but much of it has been under the radar. So he would have to tamp down the douchebro stuff and give a really good accounting of his game to get votes.

Summing up: I think Angela's best shot would be against JC, then Brett, then Kaycee, then Sam, then Tyler.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:
  1. Tyler says to JC, “Look, man - I have to pick someone as a pawn to sit next to Hay, and you’re the only HG never to have been OTB.  If I don’t pick you, everybody will be certain we’re in an alliance - and that puts a big-ass target on both our backs.  It’s not fair to keep asking Kaycee and Brett to do it over and over again when you’ve never been - and there’s nothing to worry about, because in any case we have more than enough votes to keep you here.  So it has to be your turn to take one for the team, to maintain our cover.  Waddaya say?”

Is it weird that I read this entire paragraph with Tyler's voice in my head?  Clearly I have been misted.  He's that good.

1 hour ago, Cutty said:

I would feel the same way if this season was reversed somehow and it was Swaggy's side picking off LevelTyler. 

LOL, yaaas!

1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

At least the Hive can laugh at themselves and their historically crappy gameplay.  That's what made the JBB so fantastic...they're all looking at each other going, "???!?"  I don't think this will be a bitter jury by any means, and that's pretty refreshing.  And the level of Fail is honestly what kept me riveted this season, because with each passing episode I would think - "okay, THIS is the day they're going to figure it out.....NO?!....surely NEXT..........hahaha NOPE!"  And so on and so forth.

And work with me, people......Scottie slamming his way back into the house, chucking his bag to the ground and growling, "I'M BACK."  #ScottietheHottie  Yes?  Come on, don't leave a girl hanging!  ***swoon***

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6

Straying a tad off topic but I’m consumed with what’s happening over at the Celebrity Big Brother UK house. Former soap actress Roxanne Pallett is accusing former soap actor Ryan Thomas of repeatedly punching her. She’s gone into the DR and asked Production to remove him. She even slept in a spare bedroom last night because she felt unsafe with him sleeping nearby. The thing is we’ve actually seen the incident occur and even though it wasn’t in a close-up shot we saw Thomas playfully jab Pallett a few times as he passed by her. Pallett is petite so maybe she feels playful jabs more keenly than the rest of us. She reminds me a lot of Kaitlyn, actually-both are petite, big eyed brunettes and give new meaning to the term “attention seeking”. The difference between them is I don’t think Kaitlyn would ever create a situation like this. Pallett is being totally reviled by the UK public now, they are firmly on Thomas’ side. Former castmates of hers are coming forward and calling her a habitual liar. This is apparently far from the first time she’s claimed she’s been physically assaulted/“beaten up.” What a piece of work.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I thought it was endearing. Angie laughing at herself, Bayleigh reacting to everything she was being told like :O?!?!, Scottie being totally oblivious about Fessy loving Haleigh and getting all embarrassed, Fessy immediately apologizing to him and saying "I'M SO STUPID"... it made me like them better than if they would have been super snotty about it.

I agree. It's why I like the Hive and find myself rooting for them even though they might be 'kinda' dumb and 'lotta' bad at this game...and a bit of oddball type people. They are genuine decent people and just, I dont know how to explain but to say not elitist. Like anyone woukd feel comfortable around them. While L6 was better gamers they have that cut throat/top dog mentality...elitist sort of. Its why I liked Stephen as a winner (few seasons ago). He was a gamer but a decent guy. Never thought he was a top dog/cool kid or oh so awsome because he could manipulate big dumb Fessy like a puppet (looking at you, JC). KWIM?

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 9

Just watched BBAD before I came here so I could watch the whole HOH comp and for once I wouldn’t be spoiled. 

My take away -  I shall never refer to Angela as Ice Princess or cold hearted again. She looked like she was in true pain watching her friends get beat up on that swing.  I don’t believe it was an act and I don’t believe that she was just worried for a Hay win. She showed a lot of empathy.  JC on the other hand, not so much. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Cutty said:

I can't believe he lost it. He got his balls the fastest and his hand was like a foot away from the thing. I thought that comp was going to be over quickly. I don't think it was rigged for Fessy. That was just a quick thing they could set up and take down because there was an HOH to play later. It was the same veto that Josh won last season in the double eviction.  

It was SPECIFICALLY designed for him in mind or rather timed to be played when he was evicted. Last year Josh wont the almost identical comp and he is big like FuF.

3 hours ago, plotpointer said:

I think Hayleigh and Bayleigh have provided so much more entertainment value than Angela in terms of showmances, forging real and honest friendships, providing interesting conversations other than game talk, and just being real.  Angela gives bitch face, makes below the belt remarks about everyone behind their back, and lays in her bed sulking.  Angela has made it perfectly clear numerous times that she doesn’t want to be there and she can’t stand the people in the house.  Nope — she doesn’t come across as fascinating in the least bit.

Dunno what show you are watching, but it isn't this one.  Cray-Bay made so many bigoted remarks against everyone in the house I don't know where to begin.  Add in that I haven't heard Angela say anything about not wanting to be there, please point me to a link if she has?

2 hours ago, Cutty said:

Will never would have been in the HoH room to begin with as he never won a single comp... ever.

Also, exactly why would you want to talk to someone who you knew was a full blown bitch on wheels and was going to be hysterical???

Here is a refresher in case you forgot.

IMG_0039.jpg.cba95f9763370825d3f62fea9212d303.jpg

Edited by xKHANx
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, xKHANx said:

Will never would have been in the HoH room to begin with as he never won a single comp... ever.

Not an HoH, but Will actually did win a grand total of one comp. It was a luxury one in S2 where he and Bunky went on a helicopter ride over LA. It involved floating a little doll of themselves above the backyard wall via balloons they had to blow up and tie to a basket.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

The Hive's friendships weren't "real" enough to prevent them from constantly accusing each other of flipping.

I think that was more due to them being so bad at this game and not being able to 'do the math' so to speak. They were so frustrated that things weren't adding up but couldn't take a gamer's look at things because they weren't gamers.  So they just looked at each other.

• Love 5

What makes this season so enjoyable for me is that all the houseguests generally like and respect one another.   They are all, with the exception of JC, are pretty decent people.  

I have a feeling if JC does anything else inappropriate, TPTB will push for his eviction.   For all we know, they are hinting to Tyler they want him gone.  I wouldn’t put hm up if I was Tyler.   That little shit will blow up his game.  If I was Tyler, I’d cut a deal with Production that I’ll get him out, you give me a power to keep me safe. 

But, CBS really needs to cut their losses and remove him.  They shouldn’t tolerate his behavior from anyone, gay or straight.  It’s not like he hasn’t been warned multiple times.  They need to get slapped with a lawsuit from a houseguest for allowing harassment.  Maybe that will change their attitude on this subject.   But since JC is gay, I could see some blow back, calling CBS homophobic.  Yeah, CBS cares alright.   They care about the bottomline. 

• Love 12

Show should help Hay win veto. Then strongly suggest to Tyler that his replacement be JC. Ty could tell JC he's just a filler but obvi Scotty is the target. Then show can suggest to everyone to vote out JC.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, gunderda said:

What in the world... does Tyler have his own coffee service up in the HOH??

Sam brings up coffee to the HOH on their first morning of HOH- she's done it all season. LOL. 

• Love 5