Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

I think they get paid for some appearances and some are able to make money on social media (instagram/you tube).  Whether it's enough to live on...

That's another thing, how do they make money doing that? Do they just call up random companies, say 'hey I was on Big Brother and I could help push your product on social media'?

7 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

That's hilarious how much the internet turns everyone into amateur sleuths. :)

As impressive as that is, it does not top 4Chan posters using the positioning of the stars to figure out where Shia Labeouf's stupid he will not divide us flag was.  That was impressive because it was in the middle of nowhere and they still found it.

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, Brett and Tyler are the ones to be on The Bold and the Beautiful.

I love it.

Dis-gus-ting!  Guys like them always win!

5 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Pretty shocked that Helen didn't say it was too soon for them to be engaged.

Okay I just wanted to thank all of the live feed watchers for providing us non-feeders with the information to what really was going on, on the show.  I would also like to thank all of the posters in general for such great posts.  There was so many insightful and humorous posts as usual.  I wanted to thank Lady Calypso for being an awesome mod.  

Now that this thread is going to be put on Yatus, I just want to ask the last person to post in the thread to turn the lights off.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Swaggy has basically been adopted by her family, watching some of his past IG stories....got him a gift basic, clothes, monogrammed Swaggy C towels, go to weddings, shopping, "Little brother", encouraged grandkids and marriage. Kind of creepy. 

I'll bet Swaggy C, Bay & Bay's parents all have PR Agents.  I hope there's no TV "reality show" in the making, but a Youtube channel is the other option.   Bay seems snobbish & bitchy, Swaggy C seems immature, goofy, thinks he's "all that & then some" -> and Bay has the same attitude.  After the baby's born, and a year after that the media's fame should wear off,  I'm sure a divorce will be in the making.  

Yeah, it's creepy that's Bay's daddy has made Swaggy C his homie.  ? ewww ...

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

As impressive as that is, it does not top 4Chan posters using the positioning of the stars to figure out where Shia Labeouf's stupid he will not divide us flag was.  That was impressive because it was in the middle of nowhere and they still found it.

Dis-gus-ting!  Guys like them always win!

Pretty shocked that Helen didn't say it was too soon for them to be engaged.

Okay I just wanted to thank all of the live feed watchers for providing us non-feeders with the information to what really was going on, on the show.  I would also like to thank all of the posters in general for such great posts.  There was so many insightful and humorous posts as usual.  I wanted to thank Lady Calypso for being an awesome mod.  

Now that this thread is going to be put on Yatus, I just want to ask the last person to post in the thread to turn the lights off.

It's too soon to turn the lights off! Can we all just continue living here in some sort of cyber Big Brother house? I want Nashville to be my dad and I'll change my name to Scout Nashville-Moonves.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Cutty said:

Well then maybe the strategic mastermind shouldn't have brought the person who was nice to everyone and won a lot of comps that far to the end. 

Also, BB and Survivor are social games at their core. A big part has always been being nice and getting people to like you. It's nothing new.

This. Just all of this.

7 hours ago, Thalia said:

I thought Tyler also got burned with the surprise eviction. 

If he didn't know that was coming then he ain't the superfan he's been claiming to be.

7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, Brett and Tyler are the ones to be on The Bold and the Beautiful.

Ew. But I mean I'm not gonna watch it anyway so what do I care!

3 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

This was me as I watched it through fast forward.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Wings said:

I don't think she is pregnant and I base that on her wearing jean shorts on the jury footage as I have said.  First thing to go is your waist, it thickens very early on before any tummy appears.  

I loved Ross asking Bay and Swag, 'are you planning on having kids in the near future.'  LOL!  They were on their way out of the chair anyway so departed swiftly. 

I am disappointed that Rob was not asked to interview and seems to be replaced by Ross and Marissa.  Ross I like but not to the exclusion of Rob.  Marissa is intolerable.  She is heavy and wore a tight knit dress that she constantly pulled down and adjusted.  Dress for your weight and realize you will be sitting down for fuck sake.  It is bad enough to listen to you, now we get visuals.  No

No no no no!  I like Jesse, he is a fixture that must stay.  

But if Bayleigh’s not pregnant, how do we explain that Instagram story?

• Love 1

Oh yeah, was on Instagram earlier and for Bayleigh, there was a video of her entering Swaggy's hotel room and there were purple flower petals strewn all over the floor and bed with a computer showing clips of the two. I guess that's romantic?

tenor.gif

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mikewho said:

Also, when Dirt Baggy (sorry, just don't like the guy, and think he is one), walked over for the proposal, I'm pretty sure I read comments that Rockstar sort of killed the moment by saying, "A proposal?". I didn't see her mouth move, and it sounded more like Haleigh said it.

It's OK to tell me I'm wrong ;)

Not being the biggest BB fan, I did watch this entire season, read all the posts here, and just wanted to say thanks to all for the great posts and conversations.

When I originally watched, I fast forwarded through the proposal. But went back and watched this afternoon. It was definitely Angela who sad something like 'oh a proposal" and Bayliegh glares back at her and says something like get real. Then when he really does start to propose RS turns to Angela with a shocked face. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Kinda sad to see liquor is that important to her. Hopefully Sam can get a better grip on reality, sanity & stablity, just like that stronghold grip she has on that bottle of liquor. 

• Love 7

I think Bayleigh's parents are very traditional and old-fashioned. They were probably shocked and embarrassed that Swaggy defiled their daughter on national TV sooo, they did what any old-fashioned family would do. They got their hands on Swaggy and they didn't actually tell him he HAD  to marry Bayleigh, but they drilled it into him, lecturing him about family values and expectations, manipulating him into making an honest woman of their daughter.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I think Bayleigh's parents are very traditional and old-fashioned. They were probably shocked and embarrassed that Swaggy defiled their daughter on national TV sooo, they did what any old-fashioned family would do. They got their hands on Swaggy and they didn't actually tell him he HAD  to marry Bayleigh, but they drilled it into him, lecturing him about family values and expectations, manipulating him into making an honest woman of their daughter.

Bayleigh's dad taking Swaggy golfing and likely threatening him with golf clubs probably helped too.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, mikewho said:

When Julie made her speech about how each jury member had 'come up' with questions, and were they all satisfied with those questions, everyone nodded and said "Yes", but Scottie sort of moved his head to the side and it seemed to me he said, "More or less". I backed up and watched again, and maybe he said "Well...yes". It just stuck out to me because we're pretty damn sure those questions are scripted and maybe he didn't really like his question. Did anyone else notice that and get the same impression?

Scottie was still  trying to trend. Attention ho

Edited by missyb

Thanks for all the incite from the feed-watchers this season. I'll let you know if I see Bay and Chris wandering around Lee's Summit (Bay's home town). I won't go looking for them. 

Hope they don't make them grand marshalls of some parade.  

Edited by Inscrutable1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

And what was the answer?

Fairly obvious, "What is Yes?"   But what we really need to know is whether or not it was a Daily Double, and the size of the bet.

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 4

Just read an interview with KC where she said she was very confident she'd win against Tyler and actually was surprised it came down to one vote. That's interesting because she never expressed either on the feeds or in the DR (that we saw) that she felt good in her chances against Tyler. If she had expressed that view, people might have viewed her game differently. She also said that she was confident she'd win because unlike Tyler she treated the Hive "like human beings." Again, a strategy that she never articulated (that we saw). I wish production had shown us more of this KC.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The frustrating part of the finale was that Tyler really didn't get a chance to talk about his moves. Let's face it; 4 minutes total in a 90 minute finale to explain your game in the last 99 days is not enough time.

Agree 100%.  Current format sucks razor blades.

10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't think Tyler's "I thought America hated me" was bullshit. I think his thought process was that people hated him for getting into a showmance...which is fair. As a superfan, he knows how polarizing showmances can be.

That supports what Tyler has said in subsequent interviews; he fully expected America to consider his play style, ah, “sketchy” was the word I believe he used.

10 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Grodner tends to be obsessed with two things to the detriment of the show:

1. Live content is better than non-live content

2. Shorter is better than longer

Explains AG’s fascination with Paul, anyway.  :D

8 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

And what was the answer?

And was it in the form of a question?

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Just read an interview with KC where she said she was very confident she'd win against Tyler and actually was surprised it came down to one vote. That's interesting because she never expressed either on the feeds or in the DR (that we saw) that she felt good in her chances against Tyler. If she had expressed that view, people might have viewed her game differently. She also said that she was confident she'd win because unlike Tyler she treated the Hive "like human beings." Again, a strategy that she never articulated (that we saw). I wish production had shown us more of this KC.

Unpopular opinion...I like Kaycee, but that comment in the interview annoyed me a bit. Tyler was no Paul. He drifted off a bit from bonding with other HGs after he started crushing on Angela, but I don't recall him ever treating anyone poorly. I just thought that was an odd choice of words on her part.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Unpopular opinion...I like Kaycee, but that comment in the interview annoyed me a bit. Tyler was no Paul. He drifted off a bit from bonding with other HGs after he started crushing on Angela, but I don't recall him ever treating anyone poorly. I just thought that was an odd choice of words on her part.

Hmm ... I think Kaycee is one of those people who is extremely nice and bends over backwards to be nice, and if you've ever met those types of people, you'll know that 99% of the time they are absolutely lovely. They are great friends and just wonderful to be around. But 1% of the time they get a little too caught up in how nice they are, and a little too judgmental about people who don;t meet their exceedingly high standards of niceness/politeness/manners. I think that comment was KC in that 1% moment when she was just a too caught up in congratulating herself on how nice she is.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Shut up Swaggy, and he and Bayleigh are going to make an announcement tomorrow. Gee, I wonder what it is.

Holy shit, what the fuck does that even MEAN? Is this fucking dickhead going to attack people, Jay and Silent Bob style?

I've made a mistake using my real name!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I barely remember the cast from last year. I remember Jess and Cody, and I follow their lives the most. I remember Mark and Elena because I followed them before they turned uber pricky, I remember the Puppetmaster and Cereal Bowl Matt, and I remember Paul because...well, it's Paul. I do remember the other houseguests to some extent, but not enough to know what they did on the show and not enough to care to know what they're up to.

I do know that I'll remember this pre-jury better than past pre-jurors. I think I'll care more about this cast in a few months from now because I genuinely liked 85% of them. I'm even following Haleigh on social media, and might follow Fessy and Scottie if I'm bored enough. I'm following all of L6, Kaitlyn, and Sam. 

6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So look, you live feeders...

This season was my first dive down the rabbit hole of the live feeds and the live feeds thread.  And now that the show is all done, I find myself following the HG's on IG, checking out who is hanging with who, watching their cute lil' videos, hoping that they all check in so I can make sure they've adjusted back to real life...etc.  It's like I can't quit them yet.

Is this normal?  Or do I need some kind of BB intervention?

I messed up the two quotes - but wanted to say that in a week or so it's going to be over for you. You're also dealing with the withdrawels, just like the hamsters are. In a way, we created our own little hamster cage here. And next year the good bye will be quicker. Look at me. It's been over 24 hours and I'm still checking the feeds etc. What a loser I am. lol

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

And what was the answer?

She was thrilled, said yes.

53 minutes ago, Nashville said:

And was it in the form of a question?

I don't care for the interview portion of the show so I had the sound turned off when the guy proposed. So I don't know if it was in the form of the question nor do I know if he had a bet. ?

Edited by Skycatcher

Swaggy. Dude. Real talk here: In a year's time—not even a year—you'll be a distant memory as "that idiot who hijacked the BB finale for some bullshit marriage proposal that didn't work out so well" and the fans will have moved on to a whole new set of narcissistic assholes. Julie may still be hosting the show, but she'll be too busy fanning herself with her giant bank statements to retweet anything from some rando who went out second.

We, of course, will probably still be mocking you here but we're petty like that.

Oh, and enjoy your dalliance with Bayleigh. You see Easy Street, I see a rough road once reality kicks in and she starts expecting you to live up to her standards.

• Love 21

I miss the feeds :( :( :(  and I’m going to miss this thread! My night feels empty now and cbs just got another $7 out of me today because I forgot to cancel  

its back to watching forensic files reruns that I’ve seen probably 10 times while I fall asleep 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

I don't care for the interview portion of the show so I had the sound turned off when the guy proposed. So I don't know if it was in the form of the question nor do I know if he had a bet. ?

I was making a Jeopardy joke - apparently, a very very small one.  Minuscule, even.  Tiny.  ;)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 4

Nah she's just been deprived.  

2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Holy shit, what the fuck does that even MEAN? Is this fucking dickhead going to attack people, Jay and Silent Bob style?

I've made a mistake using my real name!

No real comment hear, but this just made me laugh (That was one of my favorite scenes from any of the Jay and Silent Bob movies).  I can picture Christopher showing up on someone's house and attacking them.

Apparently Rockstar wants to hook Scottie up with one of her friends

Scottie, I was not a fan but for the sake of all that is holy, stay away from any of Blockstar's friends because there is a good chance they will be like her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TheGapper said:

I messed up the two quotes - but wanted to say that in a week or so it's going to be over for you. You're also dealing with the withdrawels, just like the hamsters are. In a way, we created our own little hamster cage here. And next year the good bye will be quicker. Look at me. It's been over 24 hours and I'm still checking the feeds etc. What a loser I am. lol

The heart was because I agree about the checking the boards.  It just gets to be so much a part of everyday life that it's hard to turn loose.  Though I've been around since TWOP following Survivor, this is the first year PTV has been my drug of choice for BB, even though I've followed other sites for years.  Too many of the old crew from my old haunt have kinda faded away and newbies have moved in.  So now PTV is my main distraction and I check on the other every so often.  I like that I'm seeing many familiar names from here on the Survivor thread.  To all who've posted, thank you for the insights and snark over the summer.  I look forward to seeing y'all on other PTV shows and for whatever BB is next (CBB or BB21).

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

I was making a Jeopardy joke - apparently, a very very small one.  Minuscule, even.  Tiny.  ;)

No, me, not you.  I'm afraid I was involved in something here, at home and my sense of humor had taken a yatus.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

No, me, not you.  I'm afraid I was involved in something here, at home and my sense of humor had taken a yatus.

Yatus! ??

On that JC note, I was scrolling his Twitter and found a video in which he appeared in a Spanish court show. He was suing the owner of a club in which he danced at because the owner did not provide adequate security and he was manhandled by patrons. (The irony, I know.) He won. The judgement:  $20,000. ?. I wondered if it was pesos or another currency, but I am fluent in Spanish and the judge did say "dollars."

The judge asked him how tall he was and again he said, "I tell everyone I'm 5'1", but I'm a little shorter than that."

• Love 4

So, I spent some of my night just watching the pre-party stuff on Instagram. It's nice to see everyone sans Swaggy being friendly toward each other. Fessy was hanging out with Kaitlyn, Winston, Brett, Rachel, Angela, Tyler, and then later Haleigh and Scottie when they got to the pre-party at, I believe, Kaitlyn and Winston's place.

JC didn't end up going to any parties. I suspect the backlash from the things he's done and said are coming back to bite him online. Not that he should be harassed and it sounds like it's getting pretty bad, hence why he skipped out on the parties. 

Out of House Fessy is a lot of fun. He's enjoying making fun of himself. I like seeing these houseguests out of the house, because I get a better glimpse of what they're like when they're not under stress of the house. I do think the house can bring out the worst in people. I never thought Fessy was a bad guy; he's just really pushy and had a creepy control thing over Haleigh, but I think he's a fairly decent guy otherwise. He wasn't hanging around that much with Haleigh; she was with Scottie a lot of yesterday and both seem to be better when they're not around each other. I still think they're not a good pairing, and it was proven by them not spending that much time with each other last night. They'll probably end up being close friends after their attempted romance fizzles out. 

It's funny because as much as Swaggy said him and Fessy will be the closest bros, outside of a few pictures, Fessy seems more comfortable around the Level 6 boys. He was having a blast with Brett, Tyler and Winston, and Fessy ships Tyler and Angela hard.

I'm pleased that my prediction about the cast remaining close after the game seems to be true at the moment.

• Love 9
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

That doesn't surprise me at all.

I mean, to be fair, the only other guys in his alliance had been Swaggy and Scottie. Steve was an outsider who never officially belonged to the alliance. Scottie and him have had beef because of Haleigh, although they seem to be getting along now, and Swaggy's too egoistical to have an actual friend in Fessy, and he's been spending all of his time with Bayleigh, so....by process of elimination....

• Love 2