Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

You could get it and then wear it around your house.  And then get HOH-itis and be an asshole to your family.

I'm doing it!  I've always wanted to be an asshole to my family, I just needed a good reason!  

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, Slider said:

I think Tyler wins it hands down if he's not in final 2.  But I think he'll be in final 2.  I'm all for a team up!  Anyone have any ideas who?  I think the only other person that could have a chance would be Brett because they are giving him a fun vibe edit.  (Not that I want Brett to win, but I'd prefer him as AFP over JC.)

I'm in for a Brett campaign, assuming Tyler lands in F2. (knock on wood)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So let me get this straight....the houseguests are not allowed to sing, but they can forcibly open a closed bathroom door and then tie it open so the occupant is exposed?

JC has been crossing boundaries for weeks.  Can someone please tell me how he is seemingly being allowed to do whatever he wants with no apparent punishments?

They are not allowed to sing because CBS was too cheap to cover the copyright issues with ASCAP. I could be wrong, but CBS could pay a flat fee so there would be no worries when HGs sing. They cannot sing because of copyright violations. 

Opening a bathroom door is a whole different issue. JC does not seem to know correct behavior. What he thinks is funny is invasive and violates privacy and is abusive. I can't stand the guy. He seems really sordid to me.

• Love 7
Just now, Slider said:

I know several casuals that are bothered by Sam's voice, and think she's playing up the country bumpkin aspect, but I also see how people might find it cute.  Also, with Haleigh's edit, I think she could be a finalist, but I also think the stupidity of her own alliance drags her down.  Overall though, I agree with your list.

That's why I have them both lower on the list as candidates, but not necessarily as frontrunners. Sam's difficult to figure out since her edit is so all over the place (like she is). And Haleigh's the best of the Hive, and she's got the best edit (Scottie got nearly no edit unless he was in power or in danger).

But yeah, if Tyler isn't in F2, you bet he's winning AFP by a landslide. It's when Tyler is in F2 that it becomes dangerous for JC to win, because I get the feeling the casuals love him.

• Love 2

Haleigh's getting one of the most randomly good edits I've ever seen on BB. Other people get good edits, but they make sense. The wacky gay Spanish little person and the wacky Southern gal - those are archetypes the show will gladly protect, but "Fairly normal, in terms of both good and bad, 21 year old" = huh? How is THAT something that they will go out of their way to try to make look good? It boggles my mind. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

They are not allowed to sing because CBS was too cheap to cover the copyright issues with ASCAP. I could be wrong, but CBS could pay a flat fee so there would be no worries when HGs sing. They cannot sing because of copyright violations. 

Opening a bathroom door is a whole different issue. JC does not seem to know correct behavior. What he thinks is funny is invasive and violates privacy and is abusive. I can't stand the guy. He seems really sordid to me.

I wonder if that's the same company that tried to come after the company I work for and try scare tactics on us. We are a very small company and do an annual 3 day conference, which we don't play any music at - unless a speaker uses it in their presentation.  They must go around looking for conferences that are being scheduled around the country because their emails kept coming and they knew our conference was coming up soon. And they tried to scare us that even if the hotel is play lobby music we could get fined.  But I think the flat rate fee was pretty minimal in terms for CBS. For us, not so much, and my boss got so pissed at them that he called them and welcomed them to register for our conference or leave us alone.

If Haleigh is even a contender for favorite I might cry.  But she probably is.  I think she's just dull and hasn't done anything in the game. 

And as for the battle back.. I would think Fessy would do terrible on something spinning but I was SO wrong about him in the slip and slide comp so he'll probably win this one too.  RS might actually do well.  She's probably done drugs that make her feel all trippy and dizzy. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I wonder if that's the same company that tried to come after the company I work for and try scare tactics on us. We are a very small company and do an annual 3 day conference, which we don't play any music at - unless a speaker uses it in their presentation.  They must go around looking for conferences that are being scheduled around the country because their emails kept coming and they knew our conference was coming up soon. And they tried to scare us that even if the hotel is play lobby music we could get fined.  But I think the flat rate fee was pretty minimal in terms for CBS. For us, not so much, and my boss got so pissed at them that he called them and welcomed them to register for our conference or leave us alone.

If Haleigh is even a contender for favorite I might cry.  But she probably is.  I think she's just dull and hasn't done anything in the game. 

And as for the battle back.. I would think Fessy would do terrible on something spinning but I was SO wrong about him in the slip and slide comp so he'll probably win this one too.  RS might actually do well.  She's probably done drugs that make her feel all trippy and dizzy. 

I think everyone has a fair shot to come back. It's sort of a random task and anyone could "fall" off. I thought it would be Scottie hands down but now I'm thinking it could be anyone really. Of course, once you throw in the rain and feathers (LOL) it could be anyone. I'm really looking forward to it.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, backformore said:

I don't understand something -  these houseguests seem unable to sleep in a bed, the same bed each night, by themselves, not touching anyone.  

They're over 3 years old, this shouldn't be an issue.  

I would have a tough time sleeping that closely to someone who wasn't my spouse or lover.  

It makes little sense either, but only in terms of JC. Everyone else seems to be just fine sleeping on their own or with someone, if they need to.

It makes sense for the first few weeks, as there aren't enough beds for people to sleep solo. But around this time, there are plenty of beds opened up for people to sleep solo.

Some do sleep in their own bed now. Sam, Brett, and Kaycee all seem to prefer to sleep alone. Tyler definitely has expressed how he likes sleeping alone. But it's only JC in the house right now that needs to be sleeping with someone. He's slept countless times with Brett now. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Haleigh's getting one of the most randomly good edits I've ever seen on BB. Other people get good edits, but they make sense. The wacky gay Spanish little person and the wacky Southern gal - those are archetypes the show will gladly protect, but "Fairly normal, in terms of both good and bad, 21 year old" = huh? How is THAT something that they will go out of their way to try to make look good? It boggles my mind. 

I still think it's because they're trying to favour FOUTTE/The Hive in some way and their previous attempts keep failing (first with Swaggy, then with Kaitlyn, and then with Bayleigh). They're just seeing which Hive member can be edited around with their dumbassery, and Haleigh's the current easiest one. If Bayleigh didn't turn absolutely nuts around the time of her HOH, they might have used her as the favourable edit going forward. But they had no chance of editing the bad parts of Bayleigh out.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think everyone has a fair shot to come back. It's sort of a random task and anyone could "fall" off. I thought it would be Scottie hands down but now I'm thinking it could be anyone really. Of course, once you throw in the rain and feathers (LOL) it could be anyone. I'm really looking forward to it.

I think Fessy has no chance, in all honesty. He's too big for the comp; Victor was bigger too, but not as big as Fessy. Just like we knew Fessy would dominate the slip n slide, I think he doesn't have a chance of battling back into the comp...UNLESS Scottie, Bayleigh, and Rockstar all screw up on the rules like in....I want to say BB17, where several people got out before the eviction episode ended because they didn't pay attention to the rules.

10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Fessy has no chance, in all honesty. He's too big for the comp; Victor was bigger too, but not as big as Fessy. Just like we knew Fessy would dominate the slip n slide, I think he doesn't have a chance of battling back into the comp...UNLESS Scottie, Bayleigh, and Rockstar all screw up on the rules like in....I want to say BB17, where several people got out before the eviction episode ended because they didn't pay attention to the rules.

Meg and Julia both dropped before the show ended. Not bc of the rules though. It was bc they’re Meg and Julia. 

Johnny Mac won that BB, so I’d give Scottie the edge as their bodies are similar. Vanessa also won the comp. But I think that was less about her strength and more about the will to work against the nausea. 

• Love 1

I think Scottie has a HUGE chance of winning. He's competitive and would have the most determination to win.  However I once thought other people had that determination for battle back and they gave up and decided they didn't want to come back.

• Love 8
Just now, gunderda said:

I think Scottie has a HUGE chance of winning. He's competitive and would have the most determination to win.  However I once thought other people had that determination for battle back and they gave up and decided they didn't want to come back.

Scottie also won the veto where they had to spin 15 times and then stack the glasses. BUT, everyone said Brett smoked it. He just didn't understand the rules ! I hope anyone but a returnee wins the HOH and the then returnee goes back on the block and stays there.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think we are looking at probably a Scottie return- and I'm feeling a Kaycee or Tyler win on this one. But who the hell knows. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I still think it's because they're trying to favour FOUTTE/The Hive in some way and their previous attempts keep failing (first with Swaggy, then with Kaitlyn, and then with Bayleigh). They're just seeing which Hive member can be edited around with their dumbassery, and Haleigh's the current easiest one. If Bayleigh didn't turn absolutely nuts around the time of her HOH, they might have used her as the favourable edit going forward. But they had no chance of editing the bad parts of Bayleigh out.

I agree. 

Am I the only one who thought the Veto comp shown las night favored Fessy?   I think it was great that Kaycee pulled out the win but it was obvious Production wanted Fessy to win. 

Even when Production tries to swing the game to their advantage, the Hive still fumbles.   It really is comical and sad at the same time.   

2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think we are looking at probably a Scottie return- and I'm feeling a Kaycee or Tyler win on this one. But who the hell knows. 

Or Scottie win BB and HOH.   I’d think that would be Production’s dream.  It would make for good TV and feeds. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I agree. 

Am I the only one who thought the Veto comp shown las night favored Fessy?   I think it was great that Kaycee pulled out the win but it was obvious Production wanted Fessy to win. 

Even when Production tries to swing the game to their advantage, the Hive still fumbles.   It really is comical and sad at the same time.   

I think it was SUPPOSED to favor dooFes,  but as usual......LOL

• Love 3

Yeah I thought that comp was made for Fessy. I think that’s mostly why he’s so bitter about losing. He didn’t just lose to a girl. He’s a D1 tight end who lost to a girl in a comp where he had to catch balls. 

As for the next HOH, I legit don’t think Tyler will win even if he could. He’ll wait for Bayleigh and maybe Hayleigh to drop. But if they’re gone, no way he wants to win that. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I agree. 

That's why I thought when the competition was explained to us. Production REALLY WANTS The Hive to stay in the game, but they've also heavily favoured Hive/FOUTTE from the beginning, before L6 was slated to dominate. Besides Tyler, all of the airtime went to FOUTTE for weeks. Julie favours The Hive/FOUTTE in the exit interviews. It makes it suspicious, but I'm glad L6 has basically given them a middle finger to their favouritism. Yes I understand FOUTTE gave them their drama, but they never showed L6, even when they should have. The casuals never saw Winston/Brett finding out about Sam's power in week 1 when Tyler blurted it out. Winston was never shown much during his first nomination. Brett was finally only shown once he did his epic I HAVE A VISION speech and production realized he'd make for good TV.

I get L6 can be boring but Winston and Rachel made for excellent screentime and FOUTTE/Hive were still favoured. 

• Love 8

Sounds like they told Tyler what they caught JC doing on camera- that's why he looked visibly annoyed and adamant that JC NOT sleep with him last night, when he was talking about it with Kaycee. Even saying he'll sleep on the floor if he's in his bed. It's one of those things where he's in a game to win $500K and JC is his avenue of getting there- so if he complains and he's kicked out- he loses an ally- an asshole one but an ally who would take him to the end. Sucks. 

Knew Hay wasn't okay with it- she was just playing it off cuz she's on the block, that's just complete and utter bullshit. Poor Girl. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 13

Sexual assault/harassment has always been a super gross aspect on this show. Because any small thing you do to combat it or complain could be seen erratic gameplay or could result in you being evicted or losing a jury vote(s). It’s just not as simple as complaining and having the harasser get in trouble. It’s gross and there really are zero protections for someone’s game. 

• Love 12

Yeah, I can't imagine Tyler complaining about it since JC is an ally for him, one he wants to take to F3, but it does make me uncomfortable that all JC will get is yet another warning, since we know he doesn't listen to warnings. He needs to be punished. My ideal punishment is no participating in tonight's HOH AND he'll be up there as a third nominee. After all the disobeying he does in general, I know it can screw up L6's game with JC's big mouth, but it's JC's actions that need to be punished and what else would get through to him? 

Actually, it's even hard to say that I'd want him up on the block by production, since he WILL spill everything to everyone with no issues. I just need a punishment that gets through to him, and I can't think of anything else.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, missyb said:

Scottie also won the veto where they had to spin 15 times and then stack the glasses. 

In terms of what’s coming up for JBB, ^^that^^ is the image which keeps sticking in my mind - Scottie whirling like a fucking dervish.  Of the J4, Scottie is the only Juror I have any interest in seeing return...

...and no it’s NOT because that means Fessy will be stuck in the JH with Bae and Pinky, wondering WTF Scottie and Hay are doing together in the House far from his watchful eye...

...that’s just a bonus.  ;>

17 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Julie favours The Hive/FOUTTE in the exit interviews.

To be fair - that’s who Julie has had the most practice with....  :D

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, I can't imagine Tyler complaining about it since JC is an ally for him, one he wants to take to F3, but it does make me uncomfortable that all JC will get is yet another warning, since we know he doesn't listen to warnings. He needs to be punished. My ideal punishment is no participating in tonight's HOH AND he'll be up there as a third nominee. After all the disobeying he does in general, I know it can screw up L6's game with JC's big mouth, but it's JC's actions that need to be punished and what else would get through to him? 

Actually, it's even hard to say that I'd want him up on the block by production, since he WILL spill everything to everyone with no issues. I just need a punishment that gets through to him, and I can't think of anything else.

Maybe BB should develop monetary consequences for poor behavior?  I.e. if BB determines that you crossed a line or acted in a harmful manner, then you have to pay a fine (which would be deducted from your stipend), etc...

• Love 17
Just now, zenithwit said:

Maybe BB should develop monetary consequences for poor behavior?  I.e. if BB determines that you crossed a line or acted in a harmful manner, then you have to pay a fine (which would be deducted from your stipend), etc...

Yeah, just reduce his stipend. Take a bit of it away every time he does something like this.

I feel bad for Tyler. We may never know how he feels about the situation, but I'd be surprised if he's totally cool about it. He may have to fake it, but they'll obviously keep cutting to fish if he does try to talk about it, and he also won't want to act upon whatever he's feeling because he's in a game. It's the worst type of manipulation, or blackmail.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Personally, I think Production should introduce JC to the glam - the glitter - the all-out FUN which is Disco Dan’s 24-Hour Solitary Dance Party....  ;>

I mean - can you think of a better way to punish the little fucker than to make him spend 24 hours alone with himself?  :>

• Love 20
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

The other one is BMI. 

11 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Remember when Day & Zaykiah held hands and jumped during their Battleback they were like eh we out. LMAO. I think the other HG's even commented about that. 

I agree I think it's harder for someone that's been out of the house for a month to be like eh do I really want to go back in there just to be stressed out for a week or two and then turn around and leave? 

I hope she falls first- just so Swaggy can shut up. 

I had forgotten that, but that was awesome.

8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Ladies and gentlemen, this year's AFP winner. 

God I hate that little shit. That was not funny. And then JC getting mad because Sam snapped at him for it. Like no shit, dude. Any reasonable person would have snapped at you for something as stupid as that. And I hate the fact that Haleigh told him it was all right after the fact. No, it's not all right. That just gives him permission to do something dumb like that again.

Seriously. Not cool. 

I know Haleigh is just a non-confrontational person (and so am I, though I would lose my shit in this case), but I wish she would speak the hell up for herself. She clearly articulates why a lot of the things she let's go are bullshit when they get her alone in the DR. That being said, agreed that it is not all right and honestly, she shouldn't have to because it is so clearly fucked up.  

4 hours ago, Nashville said:

The little fucking camerawhore really doesn’t give a shit about anybody else’s feelings, does he?  Nothing and nobody else matters, just so long as JC gets more screen time.  :P

I was watching that, and I don’t think anybody was truly excusing anything OR blaming Hay; rather, the other HGs were simply applying knowledge of certain immutable truths they’ve learned over the past 71 days in the House:

1. JC will never admit to being wrong about anything.  Ever.
  2. When JC is telling one of his stories, JC will continue to talk - and talk - and talk - until JC decides he is done.
  3. If you disagree  or express disapproval with anything JC says, JC will stop his story at that point and argue - and argue - and argue with you about it until either (a) you agree with him or (b) our universe reaches the end of time, whichever comes first.

Therefore - when JC is talking, the quickest way to get him to his shutting-up point is to simply keep making general noises of agreement until you prod him along to the end.

I think this is absolutely part of it. People find it easier to just avoid him and/or let him win. I would want him out of the house so badly. 

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This.  Wasn't this supposed to be the Vaunted Season 20?  So why does the house - not to mention the comps - look like they were cobbled together with duct tape and pipe cleaners?

I think it is clear that the house and the competitions are being put together by unpaid high school interns with a budget of $100. No other explanation.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Nashville said:

In terms of what’s coming up for JBB, ^^that^^ is the image which keeps sticking in my mind - Scottie whirling like a fucking dervish.  Of the J4, Scottie is the only Juror I have any interest in seeing return...

...and no it’s NOT because that means Fessy will be stuck in the JH with Bae and Pinky, wondering WTF Scottie and Hay are doing together in the House far from his watchful eye...

...that’s just a bonus.  ;>

Um, Scottie and Brett and Hay...  LOL

Edited by llongori
  • Love 8
Just now, SiobhanJW said:

Weird wording-- but I'm guessing it has to do with finding out who gets back into the house via the Battleback. 

I like what someone on Reddit said: the drama is coming from us about the live feeds being down for yet another physical comp.

But yeah, it's definitely about the Battleback.

• Love 4

JC is awful. What he did to Haleigh and Tyler is awful. I hate that everyone is running scared and can't confront him because of the game. He's probably lucky Sam didn't stomp a mudhole in him. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

Weird wording-- but I'm guessing it has to do with finding out who gets back into the house via the Battleback. 

Maybe the evicted HGs get to hang out in the house for a few min before the comp?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

Super weird wording. Unless they're being really careful with their words just in case someone fucks up the comp again and it only lasts 10 min.

Plot Twist: everyone ends up accidentally falling before the episode is over. Fessy wins HOH and the Battleback as he wonders: "WHO FLIPPED (off their swing)?"

• Love 4
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

I just watched the video of JC and Tyler - there is NO WAY Tyler didn't wake up during any of that. No Freaking way. 

Where can I see this?

7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I just watched the video of JC and Tyler - there is NO WAY Tyler didn't wake up during any of that. No Freaking way. 

He was likely half asleep and just thought JC was rolling against him. No way did he want that to happen. JC won’t give up on his bullshit, last night he was saying “I know you and I aren’t together “ and then insinuating Angela doesn’t care about him. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

It makes little sense either, but only in terms of JC. Everyone else seems to be just fine sleeping on their own or with someone, if they need to.

It makes sense for the first few weeks, as there aren't enough beds for people to sleep solo. But around this time, there are plenty of beds opened up for people to sleep solo.

Some do sleep in their own bed now. Sam, Brett, and Kaycee all seem to prefer to sleep alone. Tyler definitely has expressed how he likes sleeping alone. But it's only JC in the house right now that needs to be sleeping with someone. He's slept countless times with Brett now. 

JC used to always sleep with Sam. Then she told him after Rockstar left she wanted to sleep alone.

as I recall, he was really offended by her doing that.

16 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Ok - Scottie won the spinning comp earlier in the season, so I AM BANKING on him winning this one.

10 hours ago, HighHopes said:

More so than Fessy losing or Bay getting back, dear god, PLEASE DO NOT let JC win HOH. FFS.

3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

@Wings - watch the videos on this link. Brace yourself for creep factor.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

He was likely half asleep and just thought JC was rolling against him. No way did he want that to happen. JC won’t give up on his bullshit, last night he was saying “I know you and I aren’t together “ and then insinuating Angela doesn’t care about him. 

No where did I say that Tyler wanted that to happen but JC didn't seem all that graceful with his actions - like how Kaitlyn was all touchy feely with brett or fessy that one night while sleeping.  I do'nt see how anyone could sleep through that.  I would think tyler woke up and thought WTF and maybe thought JC was doing it in his sleep and didn't want to say anything.  but I'm a super light sleeper and my cat throwing up out in the living room will wake me up out of a dead sleep lol 

2 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

I'm in for a Brett campaign, assuming Tyler lands in F2. (knock on wood)

Me too.   I need anyone not named JC to win the AFP money so whoever everyone thinks has the best chance at winning, that's who I'll be voting for.

Oh, for those wanting to see Fessy's vote out, all 32 teams of the NFL are playing their last preseason game tonight so check your local CBS listings to see if a game will send Big Brother to the middle of the night or to a sister station.

• Love 1