Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Well the power has always been with L6, even if they don't have HOH so it really hasn't given JC the chance to be a true floater - but I still think he's only voted with L6 because he's been aware that they are the majority. And all these blindsides are making a great opportunity for him to hide on which side he needs to.

JC (and Sam) has made L6 the majority. If he voted with S6, they would’ve had the numbers in most of these votes.

I also think the bolded section is part of the problem with S6, the Hive, whatever they’re called. By wearing their emotions on their sleeves, they’ve basically given L6 power even when they lost. Somehow, evicting Rachel and Winston, 2 people who were aligned with L6, turned into bad nights for S6. I don’t get why they didn’t just approach it as “we don’t really care who goes, as long as we get rid of one of your numbers.” The obsession over Brett was stupid IMO. It’s not even like he’s a competition beast. Angela is really the one they should be after her, and I can’t wait to see her on the block and be taken down a few pegs.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

If I was running BB, I'd want a medical professional to make the determination rather than leaving it in the hands of the contestant.  A contestant might not do the test correctly.  I know it's a simple test, but people generally can be pretty dumb at times.  I wouldn't want to take the risk that the contestant screws up the test and mistakenly tells me that she's not pregnant when she actually is.  There's all sorts of potential for liability here (there are certain types of claims that you are not allowed to contract out of in California) and potential for bad publicity, if, for example, the fetus were injured in a competition.

3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

In layman's terms, if the discrimination has some reasonable relation to the protection of the health of the mother or the fetus, it's probably going to be okay.    So, preventing a pregnant person from competing in the slip-and-slide comp is probably okay.   I don't think I have enough info about the inner workings of BB to guess whether removing her from the game completely would create discrimination liability, though.  

3 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

I'm also thinking about how society does its best to stop pregnant women from drinking or smoking to protect the fetus. I don't think it's coded in law.

If (a possibly PG) Bay somehow wins back into the game from jury. I can see some overtime for CBS lawyers on this one.Very interesting.

It may very well be that Bayleigh will decide she doesn't want to continue in what looks like it will be the jury house instead of being outside. Alternatively, they are probably going to have to ensure she is getting regular medical care which means some sort of accommodation (not unprecedented as we saw with Christmas). If she is pregnant, she is still in the early stages. She is young and healthy and probably wouldn't be put under too many restrictions. That being said, I recall someone mentioning she wasn't sure she was even able to get pregnant. If there is a pre-existing condition that might affect her pregnancy, that also may be a factor. 

I suspect this will not be a unilateral decision by CBS, but instead a dialogue in which they try to come up with an equitable solution that limits their exposure. That may look like an agreement to let her keep whatever stipend she would be due but to allow her to DOR, or it may look like some sort of agreement with regard to allowing her outside contact to establish a relationship with a physician practice. I suspect it does not look like a disclaimer for the reason listed above (actually, a lot of states don't let you contract out of certain claims and those waivers you sign may be fairly worthless depending on state law).

Agreed that it would be pretty fun to watch them allow her to DOR due to pregnancy and immediately bring back the most recently eliminated houseguest. I am doubting that would be the solution, though, given that Rachel is not in sequester. Still, the look on everyone's face would be so worth it.

Can you imagine a Bayleigh DOR on top of Kaitlyn's bone-headedness?  They wouldn't know WHAT the hell to do.  "Uh, Houseguests, we're gonna hold of on evicting anyone for a few weeks.  Y'all just chill and watch Sam make stuff".  

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, The Companion said:

allow her to DOR due to pregnancy and immediately bring back the most recently eliminated houseguest. 

Maybe they could get Swaggy to swap places with her. You know, keeping it in the family. ?

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Guys its entirely possible that this week's HOH could be a Q&A Knockout Competition- especially since The Hacker is still in play so that will be shown in the Sunday episode. The Hive could be out immediately. 

Why do you wanna hurt me? 

16 hours ago, Cutty said:

Rockstar has a decent read but her hatred of Brett always clouds things.

If I was in there this would be me but with Tyler. Like I would hate Tyler's stupid, smug face and voice and demeanor and ramen noodle hair and I wouldn't be able to see anything else lol.

14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So...I think Brett/Scottie may be my new favourite bromance. Their conversation right now is very deep. Brett's asking the deep questions.

"How do we know dogs are colourblind? How do we know WE'RE colourblind?"

They also were talking about planets earlier. Brett/Rockstar's solo conversation two days ago was about quantum physics/theory. 

I like Brett when he's with anyone except L6/Angela. He is usually being his asshole-y self with them as a group or Angela individually, but he's really funny and endearing when he's one-on-one or in a group with anyone else.

JC is really the reason why L6 has dominated the entire game. He says he wants the sides to stay even and he pretends (even to himself) that he's not committed to one side, but he has given L6's side the power every single week. And I feel like really soon he's gonna wanna get out a L6er and he'll have no way of doing it because there's no one left to help him. It happens to someone every season lol. But he just really thinks he's running things so it might be kinda fun to watch him realize he is not.

Well fuck, I'm gonna need to get a prayer circle going for Haleigh to HOH and Hacker!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, plotpointer said:

I’m just trying to understand.  When the other side of the house does this, it’s mean-spirited.  When L6 does it, its entertaining.  JC sucks, totally unattractive, inarticulate, racist and a walking stereotype on multiple levels.  Sorry, but I will never buy the “cute little person” BB is trying to sell.  

The entire show has taken a sinister tone this week and CBS can’t be happy with the predictability that’s about to ensue of the other side being picked off one by one for the next few weeks.  BB After Dark is also about to get dreadfully boring.  Anyone watch the mind blowing entertainment of Angela and Tyler playing pool?  L6 is only about calling others idiots.  They never share anything about their own lives.  The only thing we really know about most of them is that they despise Swaggy and Bayleigh.  

No one is saying that one side is better then the other, everyone in Big Brother will always talk smack about each other. But L6 (minus JC- as he isn't in L6- and a whole other problem) in last night's conversations were laughing about game related moves or lack thereof- not about peoples character and/or personal issues. At least in the part that I was watching las night. Also- with L6 they try not to be all together at the same time as it will draw attention to their alliance- when they are together they are trying to offload any information they have gathered throughout the house during the past how ever long they have not all been together- they don't really have time for small talk about their lives and families, they can do that the rest of the days around other people, which they do. 

Them talking about how Fessy is always confused and has the best faces after blindsides isn't "talking smack about someone"- we talk about that- because it's pretty damn funny- he never knows what is going on and its kind of hilarious because he himself says he never knows what is going on and is always lost. 

I'm unclear why you say the entire show has taken a "sinister" tone- what exactly has happened to make it so sinister- you could say that last year was pretty nasty & sinister- this year not so much. 

Also- I don't think they despise Bayleigh- I think some of them don't actually believe she is The Hacker- I for sure don't think that Tyler thinks she's The Hacker- but she isn't leaving because she's The Hacker- she's leaving because she has a power app in her pocket- her being The Hacker was just an excuse. 

Also- I don't work for CBS or know anyone that does- but I cannot imagine that CBS is upset about this season- ratings are up and most fans are happy- they are trending every night- there are blindsides all the time- there is great buzz about this season. One thing I know about CBS is that they don't really care about "sides being picked off"- as long as they can craft good TV they are fine with it. 

18 minutes ago, Sandycat said:

I have Kaycee’s nut song in my head all the time!!!

Haha same!

24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why do you wanna hurt me? 

I'm sorry. It just popped in my head and I figured I'd share. It's entirely possible that they can still win a knockout comp- especially if they know all the answers!

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 16

Yeah Angela even literally said she doesn’t even care if Bayleigh is the Hacker or not. She’s just milking it as an excuse for all it’s worth. It’s irrelevant to her whether it’s true or not. 

It kind of reminds me in BB17 when Sixth Sense worked Jeff so hard to lie and when he did, that was their reason to BD him. Even though the plan was to BD him before they ever instigated any fight. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 7

SiobhanJW, agree with your assessment. There has never ever been a season where a little or a lot of smack talking does commence. But what L6 was doing last night is what we do hear. Enjoy some hilarity of the absurdness that all these blindsides have worked and the befuddlement the S6, Hive, whatever are at the end results.

I think this season is a lot less mean spirited  than  many before. Even when Swaggy was evicted, Bay bounced back brilliantly. All was well until she revealed her power to Rachel. If you were in the house, wouldn't you want to get rid of the power immediately !! Same goes if anyone knew about Tyler's , and thats why he hasn't said a word. He will be in trouble when he does use it to the detriment of an alliance member ( unless of course thats is Sam, who wold gladly go up for Tyler and then campaign for him).

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Katesus7 said:

Can you imagine a Bayleigh DOR on top of Kaitlyn's bone-headedness?  They wouldn't know WHAT the hell to do.  "Uh, Houseguests, we're gonna hold of on evicting anyone for a few weeks.  Y'all just chill and watch Sam make stuff".  

I would imagine, in that case, then they may HAVE to shorten the season. It's tough, but not impossible, to do that. They obviously didn't want to because of Kaitlyn, but if Bayleigh does leave, they may have no choice.

Not that I think she will leave. I doubt she's pregnant and she's likely not serious about quitting.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

It kind of reminds me in BB17 when Sixth Sense worked Jeff so hard to lie and when he did, that was their reason to BD him. Even though the plan was to BD him before they ever instigated any fight. 

That's because Vanessa was an insane person and needed REASONS

Angela using her entire speech accusing Bay of being the hacker is pretty stupid though. She could have just said your power app is too dangerous and you should have kept your mouth shut about it. Bye. 

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Not that I think she will leave. I doubt she's pregnant and she's likely not serious about quitting.

The whole thing seems manufactured, all the way down to vegas' bizarre tweet about a nurse practitioner (no reason for that at this stage of a possible pregnancy). I'm pretty sure she got her period last week anyway. 

Also the babysitter is a douchebag and probably made up the entire thing. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I would imagine, in that case, then they may HAVE to shorten the season. It's tough, but not impossible, to do that. They obviously didn't want to because of Kaitlyn, but if Bayleigh does leave, they may have no choice.

Wouldn’t it leave an even number of jurors if she left. I guess they would have to come up with a tiebreaker or have or get rid of another juror.

7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think if she were to leave and the jury is just 8 people they would have America be the 9th vote. 

1 minute ago, Cutty said:

The whole thing seems manufactured, all the way down to vegas' bizarre tweet about a nurse practitioner (no reason for that at this stage of a possible pregnancy). I'm pretty sure she got her period last week anyway. 

Also the babysitter is a douchebag and probably made up the entire thing. 

My guess is RE: The Nurse Practitioner is that she probably doesn't want to take a pregnancy test in the house- so the NP would come and draw some blood so they could test it that way and see if she's pregnant. They can do that right in the DR. 

• Love 5

What I find interesting in everyone's opinion that Tyler is somehow this floater who just does as he's told and has no game - could this possibly hurt him if he makes it to the end?  When he starts explaining how he was behind every vote, and was hugely responsible for all of these blindsides, will people even believe him?  

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

What I find interesting in everyone's opinion that Tyler is somehow this floater who just does as he's told and has no game - could this possibly hurt him if he makes it to the end?  When he starts explaining how he was behind every vote, and was hugely responsible for all of these blindsides, will people even believe him?  

Depends who he is sitting next to. 

Also I have a feeling a lot of his game will be exposed in jury, especially once he starts turning on his alliance. JC in particular has a lot of dirt on him. Tyler has to be careful with him. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Nashville said:

JC (talking to Angela when an airplane is flying overhead): “I can’t hear you for the freaking plane.”

Me (in my head): image of JC in a white suit shouting, “THE FREAKING PLANE, BOSS!  THE FREAKING PLANE!!!

Some of y’all will get that.  ;>

I love you.

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I unabashedly love Rachel but I hate how she helped change the meaning of that word. 

We're back to sharing one mind and I love you too.

16 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I heard Bay say this last night- I shook my head. When Kaitlyn said stuff about Tyler's Father it wasn't cool- and this isn't cool either. 

This is so gross.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Level 6 knows what kind of game Tyler has been playing- when they get to Jury they will be able to explain what their plan was, and what Tyler's part in it was. They know he isn't stupid and has no game. Even if All 4 of them make it to Top 4 (which I doubt that will happen)- there will be at least one of them at the Jury roundtable explaining what happened, and who did what. 

I don't worry about that- I also have faith in him having great Good Bye Messages. He will start telling them how he's been playing after a Jury member returns (if there is one- unless they do a Rewind). 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 3

Thank god Bayleigh is going to jury otherwise that would be ONE awkward reunion at her parents house when she got home.  As it is now.. since she's in Jury Swaggy will be in LA when they meet up again, hopefully with all his belongings with him.

I can't believe that dude is still living at her parents house. 

• Love 3

I don't really understand what is so gross about the thing Haleigh and/or Bay said in that tweet. 

Do we know if they would say the person who activated the power? 

I've been wondering this about Tyler's power. They didn't say that Sam had her power, but I believe they explained the power, didn't they? So if Tyler were to use his, they would explain what it was and the HGs would know Tyler used it because the power was explained as being used on yourself. At least I think it was I don't particularly remember lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Do we know if they would say the person who activated the power? They didn't name Sam as the holder of the Bonus Life app when it activated, so Tyler could easily look surprised and in shock when he's "saved" if they don't name him as the holder. 

Interesting point. I dont know !

If Bay was my kid, there is no way my husband, knowing what transpired in the BB house, would welcome Saggy in our home, not even for the cameras.   If Bay is pregnant, in that situation (if she were my daughter), it would be safer for Saggy to stay in another state.  

If Bay was serious about Med School, a baby would make achieving that goal 10 times harder.   Plus, Saggy is definitely not husband/father material.  I can see Bay easily out growing him.  

• Love 9

She needs to take the dang test already because I need to know if she is pregnant or not. It will be an epic BB moment if she is, and I, for one, really want to see them edit this storyline! 

Edited by Fallacy
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Technically, a floater was someone who floated from alliance to alliance or side to side. Until Rachel Reilly's "Floaters, grab a life vest!" comment and then the word changed to mean someone who is coasting through the game rather than someone who's playing both sides. So Haleigh and Faysal are both right in this case. It just depends on how you look at the word "floater." 

4 hours ago, missyb said:

Great example of the distinction between Jun Song's "floater" status and game and how Rachel and her intense competitive nature redefined "floater".

3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I unabashedly love Rachel but I hate how she helped change the meaning of that word. 

This confusion is ridiculous - we need some clarification here.  Right now, there are two different definitions being attributed to the term “floater”:

1. A relatively active player who works outside traditional alliance lines - i.e., “floating” between multiple alliances.  This was the original meaning for which the “floater” term was coined.
  2. A relatively inactive player who doesn’t participate in strategic gameplay to any significant degree, choosing instead to enjoy a paid summer vacation while riding the coattails of more active players - i.e., they “float” along with the current of the game without kicking up any waves of their own.  This is the Rachel Reilly-adopted alternate meaning of the “floater” term.

For clarity’s sake (in terms of our discussions on this forum, at least), I’d suggest we use “floater” solely in terms of Definition #1, and adopt a different term for Definition #2 - I’d suggest “coasters”, insofar as (a) it’s an accurate description of their gameplay style and (b) clearly implies the players’ gameplay resemblance to House furniture.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, TheGapper said:

And the amount of times she "literally" was going to kill and murder this season.

The only thing literally getting killed and/or murdered in the House this summer is correct use of the word “literally”.

2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Them talking about how Fessy is always confused and has the best faces after blindsides isn't "talking smack about someone"- we talk about that- because it's pretty damn funny- he never knows what is going on and its kind of hilarious because he himself says he never knows what is going on and is always lost. 

1D7CB036-4DAF-41D3-ACB6-37776317D99E.thumb.jpeg.94e45abd5d7f421af190aab4c1d41714.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cutty said:

Angela using her entire speech accusing Bay of being the hacker is pretty stupid though. She could have just said your power app is too dangerous and you should have kept your mouth shut about it.

I can see potential gameplay value in the accusation, though - particularly if the accuser has grounds to believe that even if the accused is not the Hacker, a close association exists between the two:

• If accurate, revelation by accusation is bound to be a confidence-shaker.  Up to that point, the Hacker had undoubtedly been congratulating themselves on the cleverness of their execution.  Finding out it wasn’t so clever - was, in fact, obvious enough to get their ass parked on the Block - is bound to be jarring to their own self-perceptions.
  • If inaccurate AND the true Hacker has a close association with the accused, personal insecurity isn’t near so likely to be a result - but potentially crippling guilt may be.  If the Hacker’s “clever” gameplay results in the demise of a close ally’s game, the resultant emotional stir could conceivably impact the Hacker’s performance in the HoH comp immediately following their compadre’s eviction.

46 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Do we know if they would say the person who activated the power? They didn't name Sam as the holder of the Bonus Life app when it activated, so Tyler could easily look surprised and in shock when he's "saved" if they don't name him as the holder. 

Well... Tyler could have played it off as somebody using their App on him - if Production hadn’t screwed up and exposed the Cloud App details for every HG to see, that is....  :P

• Love 5

Sam and Bay talking about where Swaggy went after he left the house.  Sam says she hopes someone was out there for him. Bay says he lives by himself.  

Not right now Bayleigh!

Bay says Swaggy had a bunch of girls outside of the house so now they're all probably try to get back with him.

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

Bay hasn't lived in MO for over 7 years.  Where was she living before the BB house?

I do remember her saying she lived in New York for a while.

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

Bay hasn't lived in MO for over 7 years.  Where was she living before the BB house?

I know I heard her say at one point that she had a shared apartment with a bunch of flight attendants in New York that was basically a crash pad.  I think she might be living in or near Atlanta, because I think I heard her talking to Brett about the traffic one day, and Atlanta is a Delta hub.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

I know I heard her say at one point that she had a shared apartment with a bunch of flight attendants in New York that was basically a crash pad.  I think she might be living in or near Atlanta, because I think I heard her talking to Brett about the traffic one day, and Atlanta is a Delta hub.

The traffic reference definitely validates the Atlanta part of the story, at least.  Driving through/around Atlanta during rush hour is God’s not-so-nice way of giving you a preview of the tortures of Hell, should you refuse to repent your wicked sinning ways.

Just now, gunderda said:

Atlanta makes sense if she worked for Delta.  But makes me wonder why they just didn't say she was from Atlanta. 

Because New Yawk sounds SO much more cosmopolitan, honey.  ;)

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Atlanta makes sense if she worked for Delta.  But makes me wonder why they just didn't say she was from Atlanta. 

The cast bios list their hometown as well as their current city prior to coming on the show.  Atlanta is listed as her current city.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 2
Just now, PoshSprinkles said:

Not if Bayleigh's dad finds out a little Swaggy is on the way. 

I feel like I would be more angry at her, honestly. Swaggy should have known better, but Bayleigh knew she had a latex allergy and could have brought protection just in case. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I heard Bay say this last night- I shook my head. When Kaitlyn said stuff about Tyler's Father it wasn't cool- and this isn't cool either. 

I can't read the Tweet. What is she reacting to?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, The Companion said:

I feel like I would be more angry at her, honestly. Swaggy should have known better, but Bayleigh knew she had a latex allergy and could have brought protection just in case. 

Not if you’re Bae’s dad, and it turns out this doofus who popped up on your doorstep knocked up one of your baby girls.  If there’s any chance Dad has a Glock and a shovel, Scraggy better start doing a check on the gas mileage of his POS, stat.

• Love 7