Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18 James (K) & Cynthia 2018.06.20

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Gee thanks Singingflutist. ? Just when I had managed to piece together the many fragments of my skull and stuff back in most of my grey matter after last night's episode and Live Chat literally made my brain explode, you give us this! Now I'm all fussed up again!

What the Hell does Lisa mean about not getting enough help and that they're headed back to Kentucky to get help? Does she think that TLC blocked that shit show in her home state so that the good people of Kentucky won't know what a couple of sleazebag, lying grifters are headed their way? What kind of help do you expect to get there? Then she gave that creepy smile as she informed us that they're not the mean people that people say they are. Earth to Lisa, We ALL SAW YOU AND YOUR SHIT BEHAVIOR cussing out Dr. Now like a couple of wild animals!!!

And you're still lying, saying that James didn't gain any weight in Houston like "some" people said! If you mean Dr. Now and his lying scale, just say so.

Loved that James seemed to be waking up from a nap and said that things in Houston were not what he expected, that things actually got worse, and that he was going to try something else. Why, because Dr. Now expected you to comply with his program and not inhale enough food daily to feed several families of four? There is no "something else" you dimwit. Gah!

Brain exploded, again. Now, where did I put that Krazy Glue...............

37348629.jpg.8443b571dbd1a858596872d79fcba78c.jpg

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

OK. Well, Lisa's wearing (I presume un-ironically) a Planet Fitness t-shirt, her roots are about 6 inches long, and she's still claiming he's lost weight despite my eyes telling me that he is huger than he's ever been. "I wish the truth would have come out," she says. What is "the truth" you speak of here, lady? I wonder what color the skies are in the world where they both live. 

Good luck back in Tennessee (Mississippi? or wherever you're going) to "do things differently," James and Lisa. 

I'm wondering how they afforded the ambulance transport back to Kentucky? Did his dad refinance his house again?

• Love 5

Maybe they started another gofundme under someone else's name to get money for the ambulance. I wouldn't put anything past them, especially Lisa. I think she thrives on this shit.

If they put half the effort into helping James stick to the program as they do into cheating, he would be so much thinner and healthier now..but I think we all know that Lisa doesn't want that....

• Love 12

Also, the photo was put up by Physical Therapy International... they have 2 or possibly 3 employees at their international headquarters in Houston.

James and Lisa have scammed that dude out of quite a bit of cash already, but I guess he's in for a penny, in for a pound, so to speak.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Dashing Off said:

Tbh, I don't think Lisa has Munchhausen or is in it for the money or is just that incompetent. I think she's just fucking snapped. I mean, think about it. This lady has been with abusive partners her entire life (she probably was abused as a child too, but that's just me guessing) and she's been a slave to an oversized baby for years. She's had to live in and with filth, for years. I have no doubts that when James was mobile, he slapped her around or at the very least, severely emotionally abused her.

This is pretty much how I feel.  James brought this on himself. 
Also, when she's close enough to hand him food, he can grab her.

• Love 3

Oh My God. This episode. It's even worse than I imagined it would be. James and Lisa both have to be mentally ill, in some form. They're both totally delusional. I was extremely sad to see that James had made no progress at all by the end of the episode. I did feel better watching Cynthia, but agree with the others who mentioned she should really start cooking at home to make healthy meals. I have a theory that most people who have a regular fast food habit probably have some trouble with their weight unless they work out a lot or are under 25 years old.

I'm interested in the calorie discussion in regards to James's sudden weight gain. If he gained 60 lbs in a week, some of that has to be fluid and can indicate heart failure, or kidneys shutting down. I've mentioned elsewhere that I'm on a medically supervised weight loss diet, consisting of 3 meal replacements and one "lean and green" meal a day , totaling about 1200 calories daily.I I started  at the end of March at 236 lbs and I'm now about to cross over into the 100's (I was 201 this morning and my profile picture is from yesterday). I've lost a total of 35 lbs in the last 3 months, and I think my daily intake prior to the diet was at least 2100-2200 calories. So with my daily activity, including a half hour walk or bike riding, I'm losing 2.5 lbs a week. James is lying in bed all day, not burning calories due to lack of activity. If he can put away 8000-10,000 calories a day , even at 700 lbs he might only be burning at most 5000 calories a day from lack of activity. I'm 55 years old and I know my metabolism has slowed quite a bit in the past 10-15 years overall. Also, I  used to have aching legs when I tried to go walking, usually after only 10-12 minutes, and I'd have to stop and take a break at my local park. This pain totally disappeared after I lost the first 20 lbs, so I definitely thing it had something to do with my circulation. James has probably almost no circulation in his legs and his skin condition isn't one I remember seeing too often on the show. It's really frightening. 

If nothing else, this show motivates me to never become like the participants and to remember to always be vigilant in controlling my weight. 

• Love 23
32 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

Oh My God. This episode. It's even worse than I imagined it would be. James and Lisa both have to be mentally ill, in some form. They're both totally delusional. I was extremely sad to see that James had made no progress at all by the end of the episode. I did feel better watching Cynthia, but agree with the others who mentioned she should really start cooking at home to make healthy meals. I have a theory that most people who have a regular fast food habit probably have some trouble with their weight unless they work out a lot or are under 25 years old.

I'm interested in the calorie discussion in regards to James's sudden weight gain. If he gained 60 lbs in a week, some of that has to be fluid and can indicate heart failure, or kidneys shutting down. I've mentioned elsewhere that I'm on a medically supervised weight loss diet, consisting of 3 meal replacements and one "lean and green" meal a day , totaling about 1200 calories daily.I I started  at the end of March at 236 lbs and I'm now about to cross over into the 100's (I was 201 this morning and my profile picture is from yesterday). I've lost a total of 35 lbs in the last 3 months, and I think my daily intake prior to the diet was at least 2100-2200 calories. So with my daily activity, including a half hour walk or bike riding, I'm losing 2.5 lbs a week. James is lying in bed all day, not burning calories due to lack of activity. If he can put away 8000-10,000 calories a day , even at 700 lbs he might only be burning at most 5000 calories a day from lack of activity. I'm 55 years old and I know my metabolism has slowed quite a bit in the past 10-15 years overall. Also, I  used to have aching legs when I tried to go walking, usually after only 10-12 minutes, and I'd have to stop and take a break at my local park. This pain totally disappeared after I lost the first 20 lbs, so I definitely thing it had something to do with my circulation. James has probably almost no circulation in his legs and his skin condition isn't one I remember seeing too often on the show. It's really frightening. 

If nothing else, this show motivates me to never become like the participants and to remember to always be vigilant in controlling my weight. 

AWESOME!! I love reading this, Carol!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, JJ1 said:

Is there a James K supersized show scheduled? Can’t find it on my guide anywhere?

There was one scheduled on my DVR.  I cancelled it because I don't watch the Supersized episodes, but it was there.  I don't understand why so many people are saying they don't see one.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

There was one scheduled on my DVR.  I cancelled it because I don't watch the Supersized episodes, but it was there.  I don't understand why so many people are saying they don't see one.

Not only did I not see it listed on my guide, I watched during the 8-10 slot and it was most definitely a rerun of Lisa's episode. Maybe TLC pulled a switch-er-oo at the last minute but there was no James supersized episode on last night.

(edited)
15 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Eeeewwwww, so it's on air already libgirl2? I'm so turned off by the constant commercials I hadn't noticed that the series had already started. Really, a whole tv series on pimple popping? I mean, how many pimples can this woman pop? Don't answer that! I really don't want to know.

I think there was only one episode as it was a "special". I guess it caught on though again....yuck! 

10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'm wondering how they afforded the ambulance transport back to Kentucky? Did his dad refinance his house again?

We have been using a medi-van to get my dad back and forth to appointments and its $40 plus mileage. An ambulance is tons more money. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Not only did I not see it listed on my guide, I watched during the 8-10 slot and it was most definitely a rerun of Lisa's episode. Maybe TLC pulled a switch-er-oo at the last minute but there was no James supersized episode on last night.

Good morning Giant Misfit. Yep, you're right. I was expecting a Supersized episode yesterday as TLC usually does.

Anyway, the next airing of the James and Cynthia update episode is next Wednesday (6/27) at 6:00 pm EST. However, the schedule doesn't say it's a Supersized show. Here's a link to the schedule from TV Guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/my-600-lb-life/tv-listings/339637

If it's not Supersized, I have absolutely no interest in watching this again. I'm not even sure I could make it through the Supersized version either.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 2

One of those Facebook links (the first, https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1951145981583579&id=119564504741745) shows for me as content unavailable.  What was it?  I saw the other as the physical therapist.

Those comments (for the therapist) are hilarious - sounds like a lot of us!  He's an idiot for associating his business with a pair of sociopaths!  Obviously they fooled him.  Didn't Dr Now call him to let him know what the deal was with those 2?

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Wanda said:

Pretty sure Janine topped that total by a few pounds. 

Janine the Eatin' Queen.... wonder how many M&M's she can fit around that balloon of hers?

I have so many things to get done today, but I am having so much fun on this board...

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Good morning Giant Misfit. Yep, you're right. I was expecting a Supersized episode yesterday as TLC usually does.

Anyway, the next airing of the James and Cynthia update episode is next Wednesday (6/27) at 6:00 pm EST. However, the schedule doesn't say it's a Supersized show. Here's a link to the schedule from TV Guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/my-600-lb-life/tv-listings/339637

If it's not Supersized, I have absolutely no interest in watching this again. I'm not even sure I could make it through a Supersized version either.

They usually rerun the previous week's regular episode before the new one, I think. I watched on demand to catch the first half. Started it about 7:30, then stopped at 9 to watch Match Game then watched the end even though I had seen that part already. I had missed Lisa's creepy smile when she was admitting to sneaking in food the first time around. Yikes.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think there was only one episode as it was a "special". I guess it caught on though again....yuck! 

We have been using a medi-van to get my dad back and forth to appointments and its $40 plus mileage. An ambulance is tons more money. 

Maybe they didn't get paid until the show aired, and they used that money? 

I watched the fb blurb and I say good riddance.  Another pair of grifters who didn't have the "true" story told.  James  DID lose weight. I'm sure what we watched is a big TLC conspiracy to make James and Lisa look bad.  Yeah, that's it.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Trees said:

One of those Facebook links (the first, https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1951145981583579&id=119564504741745) shows for me as content unavailable.  What was it?  I saw the other as the physical therapist.

Those comments (for the therapist) are hilarious - sounds like a lot of us!  He's an idiot for associating his business with a pair of sociopaths!  Obviously they fooled him.  Didn't Dr Now call him to let him know what the deal was with those 2?

The link that you can’t see was a video of Lisa explaining why they were returning to a Kentucky.  I didn’t watch it all the way through. Nonsense about not getting help, etc. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, JJ1 said:

The link that you can’t see was a video of Lisa explaining why they were returning to a Kentucky.  I didn’t watch it all the way through. Nonsense about not getting help, etc. 

Thanks.  Are they threatening ridiculous lawsuits, like that nasty Schenee?  "We were portrayed so badly on TV, it's all lies, they edited to make us seem bad", etc?

• Love 2

Back to Cynthia... she's one of several women who insist:

• I don't agree with Dr Now
  • I am special
  • He does not know ME - I'm not like all those other people
  • I need to do it my own way
  • I will do it at my own pace on my own terms
  • I will be happy with my own progress in the program even if he is not.

I hate it when they go down this road.  These same women get all disrespectful to Dr Now and tell him off.

The way I see it is they just do not desire to make the needed changes.  They fake it to get what they believe is the magic pill of surgery, then fight him so they don't have to eat responsibly.

Marla was one of them - the first that really infuriated me with her backtalk to Dr Now.  I think Lisa did too.  I forget who else.

I can't understand why he listens to their nonsense.  He's heard it all before and he knows the psychological reason for it.  Why doesn't he hire a psychologist for the office that calls people out on their nonsense?

Someone in my life is consumed with anxiety (in treatment) and engaging in destructive behavior.  But she's fighting the treatment and lying to the therapist.  The doctor I consulted about this explains that:

• The destructive behavior is someone satisfying her anxieties in a terrible way that we can't understand
  • She is lying and fighting therapy to change the behavior because it brings her that weird comfort.

So I see these lying women who lash out at Dr Now and justifying why they want to stay fat and go at their own pace etc, and I think it's a lot of the same dynamic.  They don't want to change, despite their words. They are deriving some awful benefit from staying obese.

• Love 12

The only thing I'd be interested in watching or even just reading about online as regards James and Lisa would be what kind of "welcome" they receive from the good people of Kentucky when they finally get home. Considering that many folks from that state were less than kind-- aaw Hell, the vast majority of them were BRUTAL--when responding to their original GoFundMe scam, I'd say the reception should be "interesting." I wonder if it will be covered by the local news?

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

If it's not Supersized, I have absolutely no interest in watching this again. I'm not even sure I could make it through the Supersized version either.

I'm with you. I'd had the Supersized version set to record on my DVR, but somewhere between Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon, it vanished. I'm not sure I could have gotten through it. I deleted the regular episode off my DVR even though I usually re-watch to see what I missed because of Live Chat. What I did see Wednesday night I found very disturbing. I'm a little unhappy that I looked up from my phone in time to see that truly skin-crawling smile of Lisa's.

Took me a long time to get to sleep Wednesday night. Even after two episodes of Guy's Grocery Games (who knew that show would be good for something?), I still had trouble sleeping.

Edited by Miracle Maxie
proofreading is important
  • Love 3

That was painful.

I totally disagree with people who say James and Lisa are delusional - they know exactly what they are doing. I don't believe in the concept of "lying to oneself" - we all know the truth, we just don't want to admit it publicly. We all know what we eat. We all know when we're doing something terrible to our bodies (unless we have giant corporations telling us "it's okay" like with tobacco, sugar, etc.). These two know what they are doing and simply don't want to admit it on camera and in front of Dr Now because they are broke and want the show's money. Plain and simple. 

James doesn't want to stop eating. It's that simple. He can cry and whine all he wants about getting healthy, losing weight, blah blah blah - but he would rather consume 30,000 calories per day. Honest to God - how does someone even eat 30,000 calories in one day? I had to rewind that twice to make sure I heard what Dr Now was saying correctly. I'm sure he'll be dead soon and it seems that's what they both want. They are using the show to alleviate his symptoms, not save his life.

Cynthia was a whole different kind of frustrating. The words, "I have to stop the program because I need to concentrate on my kids right now" doesn't even make sense. This isn't a program, this is your life now. This is what your lifestyle should be forever. To say you're happy at 350 lbs is mind-boggling. You might be able to get around better than at 600+ but you're not really healthier. You're still morbidly obese and you're still stealing years of your life from your children. 

Can't we just have more updates from Diana? :(

• Love 14
(edited)
On 6/22/2018 at 11:55 AM, Lunula said:

That was painful.

I totally disagree with people who say James and Lisa are delusional - they know exactly what they are doing. I don't believe in the concept of "lying to oneself" - we all know the truth, we just don't want to admit it publicly. We all know what we eat. We all know when we're doing something terrible to our bodies (unless we have giant corporations telling us "it's okay" like with tobacco, sugar, etc.). These two know what they are doing and simply don't want to admit it on camera and in front of Dr Now because they are broke and want the show's money. Plain and simple. 

James doesn't want to stop eating. It's that simple. He can cry and whine all he wants about getting healthy, losing weight, blah blah blah - but he would rather consume 30,000 calories per day. Honest to God - how does someone even eat 30,000 calories in one day? I had to rewind that twice to make sure I heard what Dr Now was saying correctly. I'm sure he'll be dead soon and it seems that's what they both want. They are using the show to alleviate his symptoms, not save his life.

Cynthia was a whole different kind of frustrating. The words, "I have to stop the program because I need to concentrate on my kids right now" doesn't even make sense. This isn't a program, this is your life now. This is what your lifestyle should be forever. To say you're happy at 350 lbs is mind-boggling. You might be able to get around better than at 600+ but you're not really healthier. You're still morbidly obese and you're still stealing years of your life from your children. 

Can't we just have more updates from Diana? :(

Totally agree about James and Lisa.  You might be surprised at how easy it can be to put away tens of thousands of calories, especially when that’s all you do all day is eat!  The keys are high fat, high refined carbohydrate and sugar, and little to no fiber.  Maybe he’s attempting to be famous when he dies?  At any rate I don’t imagine too many people will be sad at that news.

Cynthia on the other hand is beyond my understanding.  “The Program” probably is the only thing keeping her from sharing all the junk food with her kids.  I do think she likes the added mobility so is happy in comparison to where she was at the start, but could be SO much happier if she got to something approaching a normal weight.  But yes, it’s hard.  She seems to equate feeding fast food junk to her kids with showing them affection, the “healthy eating” message hasn’t taken root at all for her.  I’m sure a family of that size is stressful and like so many others food has been one of her coping mechanisms.  

Cynthia is frustrating for sure, but not to the level of “just go curl up and die” that I feel for others like the waste-of-oxygen that is James K.

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Love 8

Cynthia didn't bother me that much.  While we have had many people decide to do it their "own way", most of those have continued to gain weight. Per Dr. Now, Cynthia was eating about 2000 - 2200 calories a day.  That is a reasonable amount.  And she was losing weight at a steady pace.  Dr. Now wanted her to eat 1200 calories a day to lose 20 lbs a month.  She was losing about 12 lbs a month.  Slow and steady isn't the worst choice.  

If her "I'm going off the program for my kids" thing has her eating poorly and gaining weight, that will be a different story.  It's always hard to tell what going off the program means in the context of people on the show.  She was not doing the 1200 calorie a day diet, so it's not that.  She may mean she will not be filmed anymore.  She may mean I'll eat what I want. I would like to see where she is in another year (I do not need a 2 hour episode on it, however). 

• Love 12

Watching James was just sad.  I think back to his dad who took out a mortgage on his home in an effort to try and save James and basically James threw it all away. I yelled at the TV trying to tell the dad don't do it but he wanted his son to live and James said those words, Dr. Now is my only hope.  

Cynthia may be just one fast food meal way from starting her regain.  The more often she goes out for fast food the closer she is to ordering her own meal.  With the restriction from the surgery she has now she may not be able to eat the entire meal but as time goes on she will be able to eat more and more.   I can understand how after a day of work it's time-consuming to cook but there are plenty of appliances to speed things up to make healthy meals, instant pots, crock pots, and microwave ovens.  She could even buy frozen entrees that save time.  I used to serve my kids' frozen pizza with a side of veggies.  Initially, they had a look of horror on their faces but after a while, they accepted it as that's what is for dinner.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Cynthia, I think, needs to realize:

1. The diet is as much a part of her life as her kids.
  2. She's not in this alone.  The kids can chip in with the family duties like cleaning and meal prep.

That said, I give her props for still losing even if she is getting a little lackadaisical.  Still... this is generally how weight gain starts.  At first you're just lax and you're eating a little too much.  But then you get more and more lax and soon enough you're eating way too much and ballooning up.

I'm not sure what's going through James' head.  I think he does want to lose weight but just doesn't have the strength of character to put even the slightest amount of effort into it.  A lot of people who are fat but not super-duper fat go through the same thing.  It's just a more extreme version.  Most people do a half assed job, but he's doing a 2% assed job.  I've been going through that for most of 2018.  Right now I really want a big old pizza and some ice cream to chow down on while I watch tonight's episodes of 12 Monkeys.

But they can't be eating healthy, obviously.  I have a hard time believing they are lying, because I can't conceive of people telling such bald faced lies with such emotional conviction.  So delusion is the only thing that makes sense to me.  Maybe not delusion in the true psychiatric sense, but more like some sort of amped up stupidity. Look at a can of Spaghetti-Ohs.  Campbells puts all sorts of things on those labels to give some vain illusion that they are healthy, even though they're practically the definition of junk food.  I once saw a documentary in which some boy thought a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was part of his "healthy" lunch.  His mother thought that Lean Pockets were healthy because of their name.

So they somehow think they are eating healthy.  We saw this firsthand last year when he insisted that his fried rice was healthy because it was fried.

It's still sad.  Sometimes addicts are killed by their addictions.

Edited by Ray Adverb
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

For anyone who wants or needs a summary of the June 2018 James and Lisa episode, here is one from the Radar site:

Adult Protective Services Called On James’ Fiancée Lisa For Overfeeding Him

Oh, I knew it! I knew she was trying to kill him and I knew that APS was gonna get called. Hey, Lisa. Maybe next time you tried to kill some by overfeeding them, you shouldn't go on national television and making it blatantly obvious.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ray Adverb said:

But they can't be eating healthy, obviously.  I have a hard time believing they are lying, because I can't conceive of people telling such bald faced lies with such emotional conviction.  So delusion is the only thing that makes sense to me.  Maybe not delusion in the true psychiatric sense, but more like some sort of amped up stupidity. Look at a can of Spaghetti-Ohs.  Campbells puts all sorts of things on those labels to give some vain illusion that they are healthy, even though they're practically the definition of junk food.  I once saw a documentary in which some boy thought a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was part of his "healthy" lunch.  His mother thought that Lean Pockets were healthy because of their name.

So they somehow think they are eating healthy.  We saw this firsthand last year when he insisted that his fried rice was healthy because it was fried.

I'm not sure I think that applies to them, though.  She snuck him food in the hospital, when he was already being fed by the hospital.  While I have met a lot of people who don't know how to eat healthy (liquid calories don't count, eating a salad makes the meal healthy, etc.), I don't think that's the case here.  They deliberately did not follow the diet and actively thwarted the hospital when it was providing the diet for him.  All Lisa had to do was nothing, but she expended effort to bring him off-diet food in the hospital.    I think they knew full well that he was not eating healthy.  I think they're just grifters who think everyone is a stupid as they are, so we'll all fall for their lies.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Cynthia didn't bother me that much.  While we have had many people decide to do it their "own way", most of those have continued to gain weight. Per Dr. Now, Cynthia was eating about 2000 - 2200 calories a day.  That is a reasonable amount.  And she was losing weight at a steady pace.  Dr. Now wanted her to eat 1200 calories a day to lose 20 lbs a month.  She was losing about 12 lbs a month.  Slow and steady isn't the worst choice.  

If her "I'm going off the program for my kids" thing has her eating poorly and gaining weight, that will be a different story.  It's always hard to tell what going off the program means in the context of people on the show.  She was not doing the 1200 calorie a day diet, so it's not that.  She may mean she will not be filmed anymore.  She may mean I'll eat what I want. I would like to see where she is in another year (I do not need a 2 hour episode on it, however). 

I think this is why Dr Now didn’t jump all over her but still showed concern. 350 lbs isn’t healthy but she’s making progress.  Dr Now doesn’t want to derail her by coming down hard on her and making her defensive. With her personality that could easily send her into a binge gain. But he’s worried because he knows her attitude is one step from gaining it all back. So if she continues to lose 10-12 lbs a month he will wish it was more but be ok with it. I think he just knows it’s more likely it will go from a 12 lbs a month loss to maintaining to a 12lb a month gain to 600 lbs again. 

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, Bugfrey Von said:

I disagree completely that James is a helpless victim

Same here.  She's giving him the food but I never saw her force-feeding him.  He's the one who shovels it in. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, CarolMK said:

Good for you! I agree that this show can certainly motivate one to stay on top of their weight. I had WLS back in 2010 at 318 lbs. I fluctuate between 175 and 180 now. I try to watch My 600 lb Life whenever I eat. I have found it keeps me focused on what is important.

• Love 7

Has  anybody watched Netflix's "The Big Ward "?  its very much like my 600lbs Life, but the patients are no wheres near as large or as nasty   . . the show takes place in New Zealand ...

9 hours ago, Trees said:
9 hours ago, Trees said:
9 hours ago, JJ1 said:

Thanks.  Are they threatening ridiculous lawsuits, like that nasty Schenee?  "We were portrayed so badly on TV, it's all lies, they edited to make us seem bad", etc?

Don’t remember her talking about lawsuits. Just complaining that things were misrepresented and they did not get the help they expected. I just wish one of the folks who give that speech would actually be specific. What were you promised? What was not delivered? What about the process was a surprise to you?  

But they never go into details. Just whine about “not getting any help”.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Miss Ruth said:

Same here.  She's giving him the food but I never saw her force-feeding him.  He's the one who shovels it in. 

I think they have a parent-child relationship, and it's in her interest to keep him infantile--babies who can't walk yet are a lot easier to take care of than babies who can get around and into trouble--and he is complicit in that he's a "good boy" who eats what his mother gives him.  I suspect that, like a child, he demands candy and cookies and treats all day long, and like a bad parent, she doesn't have it in her to deny him.  It's so much easier to stop his whining and temper tantrums by giving him what he wants rather than doing what is good for him.  And thus he learns that to get what he wants, he only has to keep whining and tantrumming.   Even if she refuses initially, he knows that if he keeps it up long enough, she will feed him, so he never will learn to take control of what he puts in his mouth.  His psychological development is stalled in the oral stage.  If she could breastfeed him, she would.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, toodles said:

I watched the fb blurb and I say good riddance.  Another pair of grifters who didn't have the "true" story told.  James  DID lose weight. I'm sure what we watched is a big TLC conspiracy to make James and Lisa look bad.  Yeah, that's it.

One thing is for sure, James looked even worse than usual lying in that bed. Just very sickly. He's definitely gained even more weight. I think Dr. Now was right. James is getting even closer to that tipping point where they won't be able to help him anymore. I wonder how he'll even do making the road trip back home? Even in the care of an ambulance. 

On a lighter note, I'm sure it will be exciting for him to get out on the road and see all of the fast food joints.

Do ambulances make Burger King stops?

• Love 10

One word sums up James K its selfless ,his goal in the first episode was to get back on his feet to help his father on the farm  ,Meanwhile  his father had a stroke in front of him during the first show and more than a year later James K still lying in bed and eating like a hog.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

One thing is for sure, James looked even worse than usual lying in that bed. Just very sickly. He's definitely gained even more weight. I think Dr. Now was right. James is getting even closer to that tipping point where they won't be able to help him anymore. I wonder how he'll even do making the road trip back home? Even in the care of an ambulance. 

On a lighter note, I'm sure it will be exciting for him to get out on the road and see all of the fast food joints.

He didn't gain more weight, it was just the mattress. Can a mattress make you look sickly as well as fat?

On a more serious note, I've been thinking about that little psychotic smile Lisa got on her face as she told Dr Now about sneaking food to James. I think it was actually a control thing. She showed how she could make James follow her instead of him. I wonder what she's going to do with herself when he dies...

• Love 7
(edited)
27 minutes ago, AVM said:

One word sums up James K its selfless ,his goal in the first episode was to get back on his feet to help his father on the farm  ,Meanwhile  his father had a stroke in front of him during the first show and more than a year later James K still lying in bed and eating like a hog.

I remember that. James just lay in his bed with his fingers fanned against the side of his face staring at his dad.

I thought a comforting word or two might have been nice.

• Love 5
(edited)

I have read two articles on James since yesterday, and they both say, "...he was denied weight loss surgery."  Someone needs to tell the whole story.

Edited by Miss Ruth
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Miss Ruth said:

I have read two articles on James since yesterday, and they both say, "...he was denied weight loss surgery."  Someone needs to tell the whole story.

Is there any place to comment on the articles, and tell the truth.
He knew from the beginning that to get the surgery, he had to get down to a certain weight.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Miss Ruth said:

Why wouldn't he be denied ? He is far too large for surgery .

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Susanlynn9 said:

He didn't gain more weight, it was just the mattress. Can a mattress make you look sickly as well as fat?

Are we sure that he did not eat the mattress?

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'm not sure about that, but in the Steve Assanti episodes, didn't he get fast food on his way to see Dr Now? Or he got his medical ride to pull over, and his dad went got the food and gave it to Steve?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Miss Ruth said:

Hi Miss Ruth. I did several searches on him and all I could find were old articles. Could you please post either the links to the articles or the sources? Thanks.

• Love 2