Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18 James (K) & Cynthia 2018.06.20

• Start Topic

On 6/21/2018 at 7:02 AM, DC Gal in VA said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I woke up this morning with a sense of overwhelming sadness and rage after watching that episode. It's definitely not because I feel sorry for either James and Lisa or, Cynthia. I absolutely have nothing but anger and contempt for all of them, especially James and Lisa. They especially enrage me by how many resources they have squandered that could have gone to not one but several compliant and cooperative super morbidly obese people that are on waiting lists for months. For all we know, some of those folks may even die waiting. Yet that shit stain James goes on living thanks to dedicated medical personnel who repeatedly rescue him from certain death--infections, cellulitis, heart failure, sepsis, kidney failure, etc.--with not an ounce of gratitude from him or Lisa. As someone said during the Live Chat last night near the end of the show, they aren't even fun to snark on, just a couple of disgusting, grifting liars.

That brings me to ask why. Why did they do not one but two shows when they obviously have no interest in following Dr. Now's program? What's in it for them? Attention? Lisa cashing in on an insurance policy? I can't imagine him being insured for very much, certainly not enough to spend one's life cooking for and fetching enormous quantities of food, cleaning his nasty "laygs," cleaning up his massive amounts of poop, emptying endless bags of pee and, bathing that grotesque body day in and day out. His burial alone would eat up any monies she receives. Of course she could always take the money and just let the state handle that. But again, why?

As for Cynthia, it is of course her business to feel almost svelte at 361 pounds since she's not trying to be skinny. Oh girlfriend, nobody thinks you have a chance in Hell of that happening except you. My sadness and anger toward her is because of her beautiful children. Unfortunately, and I hope that I am wrong, I believe she is raising yet another generation of obese kids with her endless excuses for buying fast food, as well as her self sabotaging belief that she can either eat right OR take care of her kids. Bullshit. She just wants an excuse to stuff her face. Since she's all they've got, she doesn't seem to realize or care that she is still at risk for all kinds of debilitating diseases and/or an early death which would leave her kids that she claims to do everything for motherless. Yet she acts as though she has all the time in the world to do it her way. Finally, I am extremely pissed off that she only lost enough weight for skin removal surgery and Dr. Now gave it to her!

Yep, this was a long one, but I really needed to get that off my chest this morning and I could think of no better place than here with my fellow Pounders.☺

I just watched the re-run of this last evening and, aside from what I would call the ASININE attitude (and facial expressions) of Cynthia toward the entire weight-loss "project" if she said (paraphrase) "I have to take care of my kids","my kids need me"... ONE MORE TIME I was going to explode!!!

It's clear that Cynthia's arrogance and non-compliance with Dr. Now's program are the WORST possible messages to transmit to her children. 

I was also interested in the fact that even when Cynthia was so morbidly obese that she had to pause on her way to her classroom where she was a teacher, that school board apparently allowed her students to suffer in favor of allowing her to keep her job.

• Love 8
On 6/21/2018 at 1:31 PM, ams1001 said:

I think technically you have to be under 4'10" to be considered an LP. I don't think he's that short. (But I could be wrong.)

My Nana was under 4'10". She was not a dwarf.

14 hours ago, CatherineM said:

It’s never too late to jump on the James wagon. 

I strongly suggest holding your nose due to alien life forms living on oww mah legs.

Edited by toodles
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, toodles said:

I strongly suggest holding your nose due to alien life forms living on oww mah legs.

Something like this posted in the live chat thread would have deserve gasoline soaked drawers. :)

• LOL 9

I just discovered this train wreck but all I can think about is Lisa must have taken out  life insurance on him and been trying to kill him off or she's afflicted with some form of Manchusen by proxy. Dr Now must have suspected she was like that all along, because I don't he's usually as critical of the enablers as he was with her.

• Love 5