Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Bitterness & Unpopular Opinions: You All Suck

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

My UO is I generally don't particularly like the blooper reels.  There will maybe be 2 minutes to stuff on the 10 minute reel that I find funny. 

I don't think these are UOs, but since we're discussing DVD extras, I will say that I wish they would do another Devil's Road Map like they did for Season 2 and I wish J2 would do a commentary once a season.

I would sign a petition for this! :)

• Love 2
23 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think from Dabb's era of showrunning

I think there are really wonderful well written scenes in many episodes (not all) but for entire episodes I'll go with

Baby
Into the Mystic
Thin Lizzie
Safe House
Asa Fox
Regarding Dean
Lily Sunder
Lost and Found
Advanced Thanatology

Really good choices. I agree with most of these. For me, I would also add:

Just My Imagination  - My apologies, because I know you dislike this one. I loved Sully and the Zanna. I loved that there were no easy answers and that life isn't always fair or people - even the good guys - aren't always infallible. It was funny and sad and bittersweet... and I wish we could see Sully again.

Love Hurts - Smart Dean, inventive story

The Chitters - Good supporting characters, interesting story.

Don't Call Me Shurley - I love, love, love this episode - doesn't mean I'm not a little bitter about the Sam blame in this one, but I love the episode in spite of it. Part of this might be because I love to hate Metatron, and this episode was a great use of him, in my opinion. And I liked Chuck in this one. I even liked the song at the end and how it conveyed Chuck's resignation that he might have to die to fix this mess he helped create, and that he was actually a little scared of that - and that he'd be forgotten - but that he was willing to do it. And Sam and Dean fighting until the end, even when it seemed hopeless.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I would sign a petition for this! :)

I like watching commentaries, but they aren't generally anything I'll rewatch. I've rewatched all 3 of theirs though, because I'm not getting a yearly fix.  Oh well.

1 minute ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Don't Call Me Shurley - I love, love, love this episode - doesn't mean I'm not a little bitter about the Sam blame in this one, but I love the episode in spite of it. Part of this might be because I love to hate Metatron, and this episode was a great use of him, in my opinion. And I liked Chuck in this one. I even liked the song at the end and how it conveyed Chuck's resignation that he might have to die to fix this mess he helped create, and that he was actually a little scared of that - and that he'd be forgotten - but that he was willing to do it. And Sam and Dean fighting until the end, even when it seemed hopeless.

I have a love/hate relationship with this episode.  Yes, it is well-written.  Yes, it's an excellent use of Metatron. And, yes, that song at the end is near perfection.  I also love the part where Sam's dying and Dean won't leave him.  But, I hate hate hate hate hate hate that they turned Chuck into God.  And, oh yeah, I hate it. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Love Hurts - Smart Dean, inventive story

This one is worthy of a place in the pantheon if only for Dean finally winning a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. His triumph, and then going ahead and letting Sam do what they were playing for anyway. Perfect!

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

Well, what do you mean by that?!?! I’m offended that you think so poorly of other fans!  ;)

I should clarify that it is primarily the off screen related griping I find tiring as I certainly do enough complaining myself about on screen issues. 

IMO off screen the SPN fandom has become a rather toxic place. You have J2 fans who will nitpick at everything Misha and others say and take in the worst matter possible, there are Misha fans who do the same to remarks made by J2, Jared stans who nitpick about Jensen, Jensen stan who nitpick about Jared, and now we have the new branch of fandom “The Wayward” stars who are being nit picked by the J2 and J1 orientated fans. 

Everyone on this show talks about how proud they are to create a family like atmosphere on set. An atmosphere of teasing, pranks and jokes and yet this fandom is the complete oppsite of that. A place where the stars all must show “fandom correctness”, for lack of a better term, or risk the ire of opposing factions. I sincerely hope J2, Misha and everyone else involved aren’t aware of just how far this fandom has descended because IMO I imagine they’d be very disappointed. 

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

And don't leave out the some of the Wayward only fans who shade J2 and the entire mothership because it's 'too male" and who suggest that anyone who takes issue with any part of the spinoff for any reason is anti-female and anti-feminist which LOL NO.

Good point! Add that to my list of fandom factions nitpicking at the others :) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I wish J2 would do a commentary once a season.

This may be a UO but I wish they would do commentaries *separately,* not together.  I would like to get their thoughts/opinions without being influenced/distracted by the other.  They're a lot of fun together, and certainly play well off each other, but it's hard to get a straight answer from either when they're riffing off each other.  We see enough of that in the con videos.

So--imagine if Jared had done a commentary (either solo or maybe with the writer or director instead of Jensen) on When the Levee Breaks or Red Meat, for example.  Or even more--for any of the season 12 episodes, so we could get some insight into Sam's thoughts by how Jared chose to play him.

Similarly, I'd love to hear Jensen's take on directing--either his own or a director he admires.  And again, why he made particular acting choices.  Maybe the commentaries wouldn't be as funny, but they might be worth rewatching.  

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

This may be a UO but I wish they would do commentaries *separately,* not together.  I would like to get their thoughts/opinions without being influenced/distracted by the other.  They're a lot of fun together, and certainly play well off each other, but it's hard to get a straight answer from either when they're riffing off each other.  We see enough of that in the con videos.

So--imagine if Jared had done a commentary (either solo or maybe with the writer or director instead of Jensen) on When the Levee Breaks or Red Meat, for example.  Or even more--for any of the season 12 episodes, so we could get some insight into Sam's thoughts by how Jared chose to play him.

Similarly, I'd love to hear Jensen's take on directing--either his own or a director he admires.  And again, why he made particular acting choices.  Maybe the commentaries wouldn't be as funny, but they might be worth rewatching.  

How about each season they do one together and one each separately.  And retroactively.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

How about each season they do one together and one each separately.  And retroactively.

I'd vote for that!  Except, since we're lucky to get one commentary from the two of them per season, I think one each separately might be the most we can hope for. 

Maybe after the show is over, they can do a retrospective series with commentary from all the stars, writers, directors and recurring characters on their favorite eps!  ...Though I seem to remember on at least one of the DVD commentaries the Js barely remembered the story, much less any details from that ep.  Imagine them trying to remember their thoughts and motivations from season 4?  :)

3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I want a Misha and Edlund commentary for The Man Who Would Be King! 

I'll take an Edlund commentary on pretty much any episode (including those he didn't write!)  He has an interesting mind...  :)

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I don't think these are UOs, but since we're discussing DVD extras, I will say that I wish they would do another Devil's Road Map like they did for Season 2 and I wish J2 would do a commentary once a season.

I'd love a commentary every season too, but I was just thinking the other day someone should do a Devil's Road Map of each season. That was so interesting. Not only the little bits and nuggets they added about each episode, but I was facinated with seeing exactly where they traveled throughout the season. I know they're on the road, but the visual just helps so much. 

TBH, I'm surprised some fan hasn't concocted one...and now everyone can post the 10 million of them I've missed over the years. ;)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'd love a commentary every season too, but I was just thinking the other day someone should do a Devil's Road Map of each season. That was so interesting. Not only the little bits and nuggets they added about each episode, but I was facinated with seeing exactly where they traveled throughout the season. I know they're on the road, but the visual just helps so much. 

TBH, I'm surprised some fan hasn't concocted one...and now everyone can post the 10 million of them I've missed over the years. ;)

7210b517e92c232fe49229e551b26a56.jpgtumblr_m638r540aT1qcmx74o1_500.png

https://nerdist.com/supernatural-winchester-journal-replica-road-map-exclusive/

S1-11 ConQuest-Winchester-Map-1-04252017.jpghttps://www.zeemaps.com/view?group=610024

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Thanks so much, Catrox!

My head canon is now that Dean studiously avoids taking cases in Arizona because of the time tween Sam ran off to Flagstaff.

Plus the writers don't want to deal with the Grand Canyon mixup. Although that would require the current writers to remember said mix-up. 

Hi everyone I’m new here and I have been a lurking on this board for a few days and I thought why not comment and share my opinions:) I love spn and even tho some episodes have been meh I still love the characters. But let me say some Un popular opinion:  I loved seasons 9,4,8,1,2,3. And 10 the most. I didn’t have a probe with season 11 or 12 but I hated amara and lucifer. I love deans voice it doesn’t sound annoying at all(plus it’s sexy) I can’t stand cas, sometimes I wish he would have stayed dead. I love the Winchesters but I’m a dean girl all the way. I thought Sam was annoying earlier this season with the whole jack thing. I think dean and Rowena have more chemistry then Sam and Rowena. I also think dean/Jensen has great chemistry with all the ladies he met. I know some folks here won’t like it but I wouldn’t mind if dean hooked up with sister jo. I mean why not? Plus we need a great dean sex scene it’s been awhile IMO. But I think danneel is not a great actress. I love watching the convention videos j2 being awesome. I love to hear Jensen talk about the show and dean the most. Jared can be too goofy at times. I don’t like jack and I hate Clarie she is the weak link with the spin off. Anyway I might have more later:)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sassyfangirl said:

Hi everyone I’m new here and I have been a lurking on this board for a few days and I thought why not comment and share my opinions:) I love spn and even tho some episodes have been meh I still love the characters. But let me say some Un popular opinion:  I loved seasons 9,4,8,1,2,3. And 10 the most. I didn’t have a probe with season 11 or 12 but I hated amara and lucifer. I love deans voice it doesn’t sound annoying at all(plus it’s sexy) I can’t stand cas, sometimes I wish he would have stayed dead. I love the Winchesters but I’m a dean girl all the way. I thought Sam was annoying earlier this season with the whole jack thing. I think dean and Rowena have more chemistry then Sam and Rowena. I also think dean/Jensen has great chemistry with all the ladies he met. I know some folks here won’t like it but I wouldn’t mind if dean hooked up with sister jo. I mean why not? Plus we need a great dean sex scene it’s been awhile IMO. But I think danneel is not a great actress. I love watching the convention videos j2 being awesome. I love to hear Jensen talk about the show and dean the most. Jared can be too goofy at times. I don’t like jack and I hate Clarie she is the weak link with the spin off. Anyway I might have more later:)

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome Diane! I first I was nervous to post on here but I’m happy to let out my feelings. There are some opinions I agree with and some I don’t agree but it’s all good. Oh and speaking of unpopular opinions I don’t like destiel at all. I only see them as friends nothing more. Plus the ship is overrrated in fan fiction. I also hated bela but I liked the actress who play her. Ruby was ok but I didn’t like kaite or gen. I liked both blond and brown haired meg. I shipped Sam with Eileen and I hated that she died! I was more mad about her than Charlie. I liked Charlie but she was too much of a Mary Sue in season 10. I ship dean with Donna. I think they would be really cool together and yes Donna would be so lucky to have dean:) I also read fan fic of them and yes sex with those too would be hot IMO:) I rewatching spn on tnt I don’t blame dean for letting gadreel possess Sam and  Sam was a total asshole to dean in season 9. I loved demon!dean he was more interesting than soulless Sam IMO. I was dean had a real dean fan girl in fan fiction episode. It’s not fair that Sam has like two fan girls in the show. First it was Becky which I hated her. And then it was Marie. She was ok but still king of annoying. I liked the episode but it would have to more awesome to see a true dean girl in that. One last unpopular opinion: spn is more watchable than charmed or angel. 

1 hour ago, Sassyfangirl said:

I liked Charlie but she was too much of a Mary Sue in season 10.

I always thought her Mary Sue-ness was at peak in Pac Man Fever (season 8) and Slumber Party (season 9).

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Sassyfangirl said:

Welcome, fellow Dean girl!

Another unpopular OP I didn’t like Doug and he wasn’t the right man for Donna and I wanted more scenes with dean and Donna they would have been awesome together. And I was annoyed with Sam. He seemed like he didn’t want to help anyone . I mean yeah I get why he misses Mary but jack? Yeah as I said I don’t like jack and it seems like Sam misses jack more than his mom. So Sam needs to stop being a bitch like dean would say lol. I’m still not a Mary fan. I hate luicfer. I want someone to end him. I didn’t miss cas that much. Oh and did I mention that deans voice is sexy:) cause it is.  The more I look at new photos of danneel as sister jo the more I kind of like it. I mean I am not a big fan of her acting but she and Jensen have chemistry and I would not be mad if she was his love interest. Also they were hot in ten inch hero so why not have them hook up? But yeah danneel is such a lucky bitch lol. 

5 hours ago, sarthaz said:

With each subsequent re-watch, it becomes clear to me that I prefer Ruby 2.0

I do as well. Never cared for Katie "arms crossed in front" Cassidy. Part of my preference is also not caring for her snark; but of course that also goes to the writing for the character.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Part of my preference is also not caring for her snark; but of course that also goes to the writing for the character.

Her snark is partly why I liked her more than Ruby 2.0; it was in line with all of the demons that we've seen before and since.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Her snark is partly why I liked her more than Ruby 2.0; it was in line with all of the demons that we've seen before and since.

I hated Ruby 2.0. I never understood other than not wanting to pay KC why Ruby behaved differently. I mean she wasn't a different character. She was just in a different meatsuit.  I mean to me Meg 1.0 and Meg 2.0 were basically similar in their snark if played slightly differently.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I hated Ruby 2.0. I never understood other than not wanting to pay KC why Ruby behaved differently. I mean she wasn't a different character. She was just in a different meatsuit.  I mean to me Meg 1.0 and Meg 2.0 were basically similar in their snark if played slightly differently.

I completely agree. 

7 hours ago, sarthaz said:

With each subsequent re-watch, it becomes clear to me that I prefer Ruby 2.0

I prefer Ruby 1, for a pretty basic reason:  I didn't much like Gen's acting.  She tended to swallow her words and pretty much had only two expressions:  worried and smirking.  Katie had better enunciation, at least IMO.

• Love 4

I used to think I preferred Ruby 1, but somewhere around the 10th time through the series, I realized I didn't.  I think it helps that Ruby 2 has a good entry and exit.  I like her introduction where Sam discards her and gets her name wrong, and I love her death scene.  It doesn't hurt that Gen's more likable than KC and has a photo of her alpaca on the mantle with her wedding photos, but ultimately I think I found Ruby 1 too snarky, which is difficult to do.  Rufus and Meg are 1000% snark, and I adore them, but Ruby 1 is just obnoxious.

But I knew this would be an unpopular opinion. :)

As for why they're different, my fanwank is that Ruby realized she had to be more empathetic and sexual to manipulate Sam.  Bitchy Buffy just wasn't going to work.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

I used to think I preferred Ruby 1, but somewhere around the 10th time through the series, I realized I didn't.  I think it helps that Ruby 2 has a good entry and exit.  I like her introduction where Sam discards her and gets her name wrong, and I love her death scene.  It doesn't hurt that Gen's more likable than KC and has a photo of her alpaca on the mantle with her wedding photos, but ultimately I think I found Ruby 1 too snarky, which is difficult to do.  Rufus and Meg are 1000% snark, and I adore them, but Ruby 1 is just obnoxious.

But I knew this would be an unpopular opinion. :)

As for why they're different, my fanwank is that Ruby realized she had to be more empathetic and sexual to manipulate Sam.  Bitchy Buffy just wasn't going to work.

I think the writing for Ruby 2 was better (the character definitely had more "is she or isn't she to be trusted" nuance.)  She wasn't as much of a super/being  as Ruby 1 (who managed to kill various demons--often many at a time--without breaking a sweat.)  Ruby 2 was much more subtly manipulative rather than snapping orders and being bitchy.  And I can buy your fanwank.  I still didn't like Gen's acting.  :)

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

I get why she did it. My point was more why Sam never thought, this is weird, why are you coming on to me now and why are you being nice at all.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I get why she did it. My point was more why Sam never thought, this is weird, why are you coming on to me now and why are you being nice at all.

I can fanwank that...she came to Sam at his lowest point, after Dean died, when Sam didn't care if he lived or died himself, and (as Sam himself said), she said things that Dean would have said.  He wasn't in any shape to question it, and I imagine she gave him the same combination of caring and pushing that Dean gave him after Jessica died, which was both familiar and comforting.  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I can fanwank that...she came to Sam at his lowest point, after Dean died, when Sam didn't care if he lived or died himself, and (as Sam himself said), she said things that Dean would have said.  He wasn't in any shape to question it, and I imagine she gave him the same combination of caring and pushing that Dean gave him after Jessica died, which was both familiar and comforting.  

I can see that... and it makes sense.

And yeah, we didn't know it at first, but "I Know What You Did..." pretty much showed us that Sam had been a near-suicidal wreck and ripe for manipulation.

• Love 3

Castiel is my favorite secondary character in the show, that being said he is a secondary character and his importance/relevance to me only matters in so much as it pertains to the leading characters. I'm interested in his back story and side stories only in the sense of how it relates to his relationships with Dean and/or Sam for the most part. I'm almost always going to side with Dean and/or Sam over him if there's conflict, it doesn't make me a hater or even make me appreciate/like the character less. 

I legit dgaf about Jack because his story ties into Lucifer who I was over in S6 and sick to death of (well mostly sick to death, thnx Miracle Max) in S7.

I preferred Mary when she was burning on the ceiling to Dabb's Mary.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I miss Crowley.  

Me too, I know realistically he should have been killed a while ago but I loved to hate him when he was at his best or I guess worst.

• Love 2

He was just so good with the snark, and I loved his relationships with Sam, Dean and Cas.  Whether he was their enemy at the time, or frenemy, he was always good fun to watch.  Trading Crowley for Lucifer and Asmodeus was just a bad deal all the way around.

• Love 12

Brought over from the Good intentions episode thread...

Dean doesn't need to be possessed my Michael in order for this happen.  If Michael is really as far gone as they say why he would have no clue about what was going on around him.   Not sure why Dean would need to trade himself.

Unless OurMichael is not that far gone that he wouldn't jump at a chance to get out of the cage and take out some wrath on any number of beings starting with his AU counterpart this season. And if Dabb were truly brave, have him planning to continue down the revenge road, in his best, strongest, and True Vessel, going into S14.

I still honestly feel like this is the story that should be writing itself for these writers who can apparently write for every segment of this fandom except the one that's been waiting for MichaelDean since S4(and since S2 for some of us, if one includes Houses of the Holy, which is when I first started jonesing so hard for this incarnation of Dean) and I know that that I'm not the only one who is a part of this particular segment of the fandom. Many that I know HAVE retreated into the Lurkdom while never quite giving up hope of this, but still realizing that it's also highly unlikely considering the effort that the writers and showrunners have put into NOT allowing this to happen; and, alas, others I know have moved on from the show after seeing every showrunner from Kripke on down develop some sort of allergy to the thought/idea of MichaelDean. I still think that they would return if Michael/Dean happened, though. They returned for DemonDean, only to fade back into the Lurkdom and beyond again, when S11/12 happened.

But I also feel that there was a bit of an allergy in the writers' room over DemonDean also. So hope still springs eternal for those of us who are still here and waiting. And it's encouraging that Jensen still wishes that DemonDean had gone on longer, and that he's not the least bit shy about stating that publicly.

• Love 4

Over the years they've given Sam the majority of the 'possession' storylines.  I know he's the main brother since the birth of the show , but they should give the very talent Jensen a chance too.  Jensen seems to inevitably get ripped off whenever there's a storyline where he's not Dean.  The MoC was mostly Tell and not Show and of course 'The Year of the Deanmon' lasted a mere 3 weeks.

We Dean girls have been waiting for years for Dean/Michael to happen.

* It never will happen, of course.

• Love 3
(edited)

Do you think it's possible that it's Jensen who doesn't want the Michael storyline? I know he's said that he always wants to be Dean, whatever else he may be. Shifter, WIAWSNB Dean, EndVerse Dean, Dean Smith, Leviathan Dean, Demon Dean - he's still been some version of Dean. As you say, so many times the story could've (and should have) written itself - it just doesn't make sense that they haven't gone there. I'm guessing Dean would have to give himself over 100% in order to be the true vessel and give Michael the power he needs. So maybe Jensen isn't interested in being Michael if Dean is not in there somewhere?

Honestly, at this point, I'd rather see MoC Dean/Knight of Hell Dean make a reappearance and kick all the douchebag angel ass he can lay his boot on.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Do you think it's possible that it's Jensen who doesn't want the Michael storyline? I know he's said that he always wants to be Dean, whatever else he may be. Shifter, WIAWSNB Dean, EndVerse Dean, Dean Smith, Leviathan Dean, Demon Dean - he's still been some version of Dean. As you say, so many times the story could've (and should have) written itself - it just doesn't make sense that they haven't gone there. I'm guessing Dean would have to give over 100% in order to be the true vessel and give Michael the power he needs. So maybe Jensen isn't interested in being Michael if Dean is not in there somewhere?

He was supposed to play Michael in s5.  Matt Cohen even talked about how he and Jensen worked together so their version of Michael would be consistent. 

Jensen has said repeatedly he likes to challenge himself.  He's spoken publicly numerous times that he wished demon Dean lasted longer.   I felt it was clear he didn't like the guilty cheerleader role of s8 or the domestic Dean of s6.

He seems to like to be in the action.  So I think he'd be okay if the script called for him to play Michael. 

Dean would be in there somewhere, because I'm sure that's the way Jensen would play it. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Dean would be in there somewhere, because I'm sure that's the way Jensen would play it. 

See, I don't think he would - because that's not how angel (or demon) possession works. Have we ever seen the meat suit/possessor personalities mingle? I don't think so. We've seen them struggle, with the possessee winning out/taking over occasionally,  but I don't recall one ever influencing the personality of the angle/demon possessing them. He would have to be Michael, a different character. I know he would be GREAT at it, but I don't recall him ever saying he wished for it/would like it, as he has with the Demon Dean story.  I'm just speculating here - that's all.

ETA: I know Levi!Dean was a different character, but he (LeviDean) was acting like real Dean, and when he wasn't, he still retained Dean's snarkiness and sass. Plus, that was one episode, not an arc. He was also a different character for a hot minute while possessed by the Soul Eater, but again, that was one scene, not a storyline.

Edited by gonzosgirrl

Well, I'm definitely the oddball then, because I have never wanted Dean to be Michael's meat suit.  I'm very glad it never came to be, and I will be disappointed if that's where they're going with this story.  That will feel like a cheat to me.  We are so far beyond that storyline, that the idea of circling back to that is just a lazy rehash.  Dean is an iconic character, and I don't need or want him being possessed by someone else.  

• Love 4

True. If he was possessed by an Archangel he wouldn't be Dean.  Although Dean, of course, is a strong force to be reckoned with.  It would be a struggle for Michael to keep the upper hand.  Jensen would rock it.

I'm not religious at all - I see conflicts in the religions as to the nature of Archangel Michael.  Seems he was mostly good - and also a warrior.

18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Honestly, at this point, I'd rather see MoC Dean/Knight of Hell Dean make a reappearance and kick all the douchebag angel ass he can lay his boot on.

Oh, I'd love this too!!  I detest angels even more than demons at this point.

There are just about no hints whatsoever right now about any Michael possession. I think even if/when Michael gets to our world, he will have no interest in Dean whatsoever.  They appear to be building it up as Jack vs. Michael. 

There are also no hints whatsoever about Dean in any kind of dark or desperate place right now. They had their requisite episodes at the beginning of the Season and it roughly ended with the shitty guidance councelor. Right now he is positively chill about everything. 

Cas appears to be getting the "dark" hints right now. Though he appears to just be a bit more ruthless and possibly they are building to something with "psyche, the Empty-keeper came with him".  

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

We Dean girls have been waiting for years for Dean/Michael to happen.

* It never will happen, of course.

No, I don't see it ever happening either. Who knows why, although I have my suspicions. (Not because Jensen wouldn't want to do it, though -- that I do not believe, unless someone has a quote of him saying so.) It's funny how the idea bothers people so much -- just the mere suggestion has them nervously lining up with a list of reasons of why it cannot and should not happen.

My love for Dean surpasses all bounds, but the reason I watch the show is to see Jensen act. So I would miss seeing Dean, but I would absolutely watch the show if they had Dean/Michael. He would be awesome! Can you imagine?  Jensen's portrayal would totally blow all their other bad guys -- like Lucifer and Asmodeus and alt-Michael -- completely OFF THE SCREEN! Of that I have no doubt!

But I agree with those that don't think it will happen.

Edited by Bergamot
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

. Shifter, WIAWSNB Dean, EndVerse Dean, Dean Smith, Leviathan Dean, Demon Dean

The shifter wasn't Dean. He just looked like Dean. He was a different character altogether. He didn't really even behave like Dean and when he tried it was obvious he wasn't Dean. So IMO, Jensen has played someone other than Dean in the Shifter. IMO, other than bar hopping and sleeping around Demon Dean was a vastly different character than regular Dean.

If he's worried that Dean will be completely sublimated for the rest of the show by Michael then I can see him maybe being worried, but given how little they really invest in Dean being "other" beyond a few episodes,  I don't see why he wouldn't be interested in playing him for a hot minute.

Not trying to change your mind, just not seeing why Jensen would limit his own opportunities within the show. I think when he talks about Dean always being Dean it's because he's being nice to the writers and showrunners about why he doesn't get to play other characters.  

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

No, I don't see it ever happening either. Who knows why, although I have my suspicions. (Not because Jensen wouldn't want to do it, though -- that I do not believe, unless someone has a quote of him saying so.) It's funny how the idea bothers people so much -- just the mere suggestion has them nervously lining up with a list of reasons of why it cannot and should not happen.

My love for Dean surpasses all bounds, but the reason I watch the show is to see Jensen act. So I would miss seeing Dean, but I would absolutely watch the show if they had Dean/Michael. He would be awesome! Can you imagine?  Jensen's portrayal would totally blow all their other bad guys -- like Lucifer and Asmodeus and alt-Michael -- completely OFF THE SCREEN! Of that I have no doubt!

But I agree with those that don't think it will happen.

I sadly have to agree with this entire post.

But I especially agree with the bolded part.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1

I have still never forgiven TPTB for not having Dean being the one to wear Michael in Swan Song (hssssst makes me angry just saying that title!!!) but I really think that ship has sailed and don't really have any interest in it now. The build up to it happening previously was long and detailed and exciting, but now IMO it would just not fit with where the story is at the moment.

• Love 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

There are just about no hints whatsoever right now about any Michael possession.

Well there actually might be.

*Taken to Spoilers with Speculation*

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The shifter wasn't Dean. He just looked like Dean. He was a different character altogether. He didn't really even behave like Dean and when he tried it was obvious he wasn't Dean. So IMO, Jensen has played someone other than Dean in the Shifter. IMO, other than bar hopping and sleeping around Demon Dean was a vastly different character than regular Dean.

If he's worried that Dean will be completely sublimated for the rest of the show by Michael then I can see him maybe being worried, but given how little they really invest in Dean being "other" beyond a few episodes,  I don't see why he wouldn't be interested in playing him for a hot minute.

Not trying to change your mind, just not seeing why Jensen would limit his own opportunities within the show. I think when he talks about Dean always being Dean it's because he's being nice to the writers and showrunners about why he doesn't get to play other characters.  

Lol, I knew someone would pick that nit ;)  Yeah, the shifter wasn't Dean any more than Dean Smith or Levi Dean was, but they were all versions of Dean - that is to say, they were at least trying to be Dean. Michael would be a different role. I am not against that - lord knows I live to see Jensen act. I was only pointing out that Jensen has said, on record, that he always wants Dean to be Dean. I can't recall the actual medium, but I think it was in a conversation about The French Mistake, and that he didn't want to 'play' Jensen. I was just putting it out there as a possibility as to why they never revisited the storyline. I don't recall Jensen ever lamenting not playing Michael, as much as a segment of fandom has talked about it. Not like he talks about Demon Dean or Purgatory.

ETA: and yes, I agree, playing him for a hot minute would be different, along the lines of him being the Soul Eater for a scene, or the shifter for part of an episode. But I didn't think that's what folks were lamenting....

Edited by gonzosgirrl