Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

trust you believe Jill deeply wronged Bethenny by insisting that her gift of a summer in the Hamptoons obligated Bethenny to her?

Why is this even a topic when it has absolutely nothing to do with Carole and Bethennys situation Jill isn’t in this at all.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, missyb said:

Hmmm, my husband and I were the recipients of a very expensive trip . We could afford to pay ourselves but not in the style our host wanted us to have.   And , we can never reciprocate the trip on an equitable level. He arranged everything and never let us go into our pockets. Even if we wanted to, he he had already talked to the hotels we were staying at with instructions not to let us pay.  It was almost embarrassing. In preparation for the trip, we went shopping and brought several lovely gifts with special meaning. 

The night we spent at his home, his joy and pleasure at the gifts were had product were so sincere. 

So, maybe Adam cooks or caters some meals for BF and Dennis as his gift. Maybe Carole buy BF something she knows will; have a special meaning to her. I can tell you with a certain about of certainty, there was some reciprocation. Maybe not at the same level as the gift , and maybe not enough for the host but that is another issue.

Exactly who knows what Carole or Adam did in return obviously something that was acceptable to Bethenny to keep inviting them on more vacations and not felt used 

• Love 13

Thats never been Jill's argument - and Bethenny has always plausibly stated that she wasn't told Bobbie was at death's door when this occurred. Bethenny was told Bobby was going in for surgery and sent flowers. This later was turned into by Jill, that they did so much for Bethenny in gifting her that she should have been at Bobby's bedside. This is relevant since Jill gave Bethenny a gift and felt that gift *obligated* Bethenny to reciprocate but when Bethenny gives Carole a gift, "a gift is a gift" and Carole has no obligation to reciprocate beyond thanks. 

So, maybe Adam cooks or caters some meals for BF and Dennis as his gift. Maybe Carole buy BF something she knows will; have a special meaning to her. I can tell you with a certain about of certainty, there was some reciprocation. Maybe not at the same level as the gift , and maybe not enough for the host but that is another issue.

Thats entirely possible but certainly hasn't been stated or depicted and considering what a great point "Adam took your dogs for walks while you were away" would make Carole look better, I'm surprised such favors haven't been mentioned.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

Thats entirely possible but certainly hasn't been stated or depicted and considering what a great point "Adam took your dogs for walks while you were away" would make Carole look better, I'm surprised such favors haven't been mentioned.

The trip comment was one offhand comment and never brought up again so not talking about it doesn’t seem odd since they weren’t filmed for the show. We don’t even know the extent of the gift of the trips or actually any details about them. 

• Love 12
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Thats never been Jill's argument - and Bethenny has always plausibly stated that she wasn't told Bobbie was at death's door when this occurred. Bethenny was told Bobby was going in for surgery and sent flowers. This later was turned into by Jill, that they did so much for Bethenny in gifting her that she should have been at Bobby's bedside. This is relevant since Jill gave Bethenny a gift and felt that gift *obligated* Bethenny to reciprocate but when Bethenny gives Carole a gift, "a gift is a gift" and Carole has no obligation to reciprocate beyond thanks. 

No Jill and Carole are two totally separate people Bethenny and Jill’s friendship has nothing to do with Bethenny and Carole’s situation or friendship. Unless stated by Bethany that all gifts she gives to all friends has strings when talking to Jill then that point and the whole Jill situation is moot to her and Carole   It’s two totally separate situations and people involved. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3

I just want to be clear - the rule for gifts is that when Bethenny gives a gift, a gift is a gift and no one has any obligation, but when Bethenny receives a gift she has been given an unstated obligation to the gift giver to reciprocate? Is that it?

• Love 4

But again. All of this is being spoken with absolute fact that Bethenny was paying for Carole’s (and Adam’s) way in vacations. I’ve yet to read where the proof of this is. Zoeysmom said that Carole thanked Bethenny in an episode, but others have asked which season, which episode this thanking for vacations occurred and that hasn’t been answered. 

• Love 16
(edited)

Please go back and point out where I stated Bethenny had any gift obligations to anyone I have never made that claim and I don’t speak for everyone on this board only for myself. The deflection to cast Bethenny in the victim role is head spinning to me. Bringing up Jill and Bethenny in this has zero to do with anything. Carole went on the vacation with Beth that’s all we has viewers know to be true the rest is 100% speculation 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8

It's actually why I asked you for clarification since Jill did expressly mention that she and Bobby gave Bethenny many gifts and were therefore disappointed that she didn't drop everything to be at Bobby's side for his first surgery. Jill clearly felt the gifts obligated Bethenny to her, that Bethenny accepted the gifts and therefore needed to reciprocate with attention on demand.

Look, I just want fairplay - I'm fine with "a gift is a gift" as long as it applies to everyone. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

What? No Bethenny should have been a decent human being gift or not and went to his bedside because she has history with this man a long history she was friends with him and his wife. That’s what someone does weather they are still close or not. not because they gifted her anything that is two totally separate things. 

Exactly my point, Bethenny got a leg up from the Zarins and wouldn't have gotten on RHoNY without Jill. They got behind her believing she was practically an orphan. She should have visited Bawby for this reason.  Further with Bethenny's logic, as Bethenny believes Tinsley owes Sonja for the "leg up", Bethenny owes Jill for the leg up that started her!

Bethenny said it herself, that if B was Sonja and got treated by Tinsley like Sonja did she'd go a little nutso too.  Jill did go a little nutso when Bethenny got her own wings and independence but Bethenny will never understand that. 

• Love 10

Bethenny has never brought up the trips she and Dennis treated Carole and Adam to as a reason Adam should have gone to Houston.  It is pure speculation by some on PTV.

I know facts are frowned upon in this situation but it seems Bethenny went to Houston, and gave a speech in September 10, 2017, a Sunday, and the day before, she began her #itsacrisis branding.  She was out among the people the day before on a Saturday.  The hurricane happened two weeks earlier.  So Bethenny was no exactly a first responder.

If Bethenny is to be believed, in her tale to Dorinda, Adam initially indicated he was interested in serving as a photographer on Bethenny's journey.  Bethenny was left with the impression that once Adam discovered he wasn't being compensated for the actual work, he backed out, citing he needed to work.  Apparently, Bethenny's use of the word "I" instead of the people from Houston, led Dorinda to believe Bethenny had contacted (called, e-mailed) Adam and she passed the same on to Carole.  Bethenny went on to say she had told Carole she felt Adam was an operator.  Carole objected to the characterization stating all people in business behave in such a fashion.  It is unclear if Bethenny was responding to Adam's declination of Houston or perhaps another situation.

Carole, who I guess could have checked the e-mails as to their genesis seemed steamed Bethenny had contacted Adam.  Carole simply contends that Adam had a work conflict.  Carole claims Adam wanted to go, which would seem he was willing to do it without compensation. 

These women were both so busy trying to one up each other with clever repartee, it was difficult to understand their positions.  

To me, it seemed Bethenny thought Carole was angry over her comment about Adam being an operator, and Carole thought Bethenny was angry over Adam asking for compensation for the photography work.  Mostly, it is Carole does not want Bethenny talking behind her back.  Carole should have stated the same.  Bethenny should just have admitted it was wrong and then laid into Dorinda about carrying tales and what she said.  Instead Carole shifts gears and spills that Bethenny called Luann a loser and Bethenny doesn't pay enough attention to her.

Spoiler

Luann at long last tells Bethenny off and stands up towering over Bethenny to do so.

Here is a Bravo story about Bethenny way back then-apparently she was paying volunteers expenses:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/blogs/bethenny-frankel/disaster-relief-puerto-rico-houston-mexico-airplanes

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

It's actually why I asked you for clarification since Jill did expressly mention that she and Bobby gave Bethenny many gifts and were therefore disappointed that she didn't drop everything to be at Bobby's side for his first surgery. Jill clearly felt the gifts obligated Bethenny to her, that Bethenny accepted the gifts and therefore needed to reciprocate with attention on demand.

Look, I just want fairplay - I'm fine with "a gift is a gift" as long as it applies to everyone. 

It's the same with the THs.   All the HWs use them to trash the others but when Bethenny does it she's mean.   Some fans love Bethenny and some fans love to hate her.   Either way it's a win win for Bethenny.   Bravo loves the attention she garners and pays her well for it.   This forum has more posts about Bethenny than anyone else.

• Love 8
Just now, AnnA said:

Some fans love Bethenny and some fans love to hate her.   Either way it's a win win for Bethenny.

Some of us also just don’t like her and would like it if she wasn’t on the show which isn’t a win win for anyone.

• Love 18

Silly observation, Sonja was supposed to be an accountant who cooked the books.

She should have used a general ledger as a prop since battery operated calculators did not yet exist. The battery that existed at that time was the size of an LVP SUR flower vase. Or she should have brought an abacus for accuracy.

I think production was shading Ramona with their back story on her feather company. Free range is usually associated with poultry as in chickens to let them wander freely to promote healthier eggs - not feathers. Feathers used in hats in those days came from the more exotic birds - osprey & ostrich. She does squawk like a chicken though - HAH!

• Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Some of us also just don’t like her and would like it if she wasn’t on the show which isn’t a win win for anyone.

Well, she is on the show and an Andy favorite so that's a win win for Bethenny in my book.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

It's the same with the THs.   All the HWs use them to trash the others but when Bethenny does it she's mean.   Some fans love Bethenny and some fans love to hate her.   Either way it's a win win for Bethenny.   Bravo loves the attention she garners and pays her well for it.   This forum has more posts about Bethenny than anyone else.

It’s the fact that she acts like this show and the people on it are below her and she doesn’t need the show yet stays year after year something’s not adding up

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

But again. All of this is being spoken with absolute fact that Bethenny was paying for Carole’s (and Adam’s) way in vacations. I’ve yet to read where the proof of this is. Zoeysmom said that Carole thanked Bethenny in an episode, but others have asked which season, which episode this thanking for vacations occurred and that hasn’t been answered. 

I recall the conversation between the two and was unable to find a clip of it.  I remember it because Carole and Adam had been photographed and all the while they were vacationing with Bethenny and Dennis.  Bethenny, without mentioning Dennis' name is talking about how in love he is with her (the usual) and draws Carole into the conversation about how wonderful the guy that wants to marry Bethenny is and the vacation deal comes up.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, AnnA said:

90% of Bethennys TH are negative against a housewife she rarely speaks positive about any one in them. in no way do I think that all the other ladies are sunshine and Lollypops in their TH however they do have a much stronger balance I mean watch the other girls TH in this episode and watch hers she is 100% negative from beginning to end with the insults (calling people morons,idiots,puppets) I mean Jesus why be around these people and on this show if she really feels this way?. I couldn’t imagine thinking she’s my friend then watching this back and being stunned at what she really thinks about you. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

Excellent post, Charlize Cat -- and I also felt gypped about the murder mystery! (I keep forgetting to bitch about that ; ) With the way these women deconstruct every goddamn last little thing, I was expecting them to be in their cups and sifting through evidence: Doris belligerently slurring, Bethenny interrupting,  Luann not giving a fuck about the murder (just her ass) Ramona and Sonja being Ramona and Sonja:

Dordina: So wait, did he sez youse were--

Bethenny: I KNOW THE ANSWER!

Carole: We just started--

Bethenny: I KNOW THE ANSWER!!

Luann: I think I killed him with my sexual energy--

Carole: I don't think so, Luman.

Bethenny:  I KNOW THE ANSWER! 

Luann: Why do you always pick on me, Carole?!

Bethenny: FRITTERS!

Carole: Fritters is the answer? What?

Bethenny: ADAM REFUSED TO MAKE FRITTERS FOR THE VICTIMS IN HOUSTON AND THAT'S WHAT KILLED THE CORPSE!

Dorinda: Richard made flitters - frutters - fucking fried dough - for Bishop Desmrond Tututu once-- 

Bethenny; I KNOW THE ANSWER! I KNOW THE ANSWERS TO EVERYTHING! 

Ramona: If you stroke the snowglobes you can hear the name of the murderer--

Carole: ADAM WAS MAKING FRITTERS FOR THE PEOPLE OF NICARAGUA!

Sonja: Is it tacky to dry hump the corpse? 

Luann: He is kinda cute, Sawnja--

Tinsley: I'm so forgettable, I didn't even get a single fucking line in this goddamn parody.

Just sayin' We was robbed.

It's ridiculous how much I love this photo. Every time you post it, it cracks me up ;)

Poor tinsley lol

• Love 6

Again that’s Jill and Bethenny not Bethenny and Carole. Two totally separate situations and people and it has zero to do with Carole and this situation 

I disagree in that they're very similar situations of gift giving and obligation but you've made up your mind so we'll agree to disagree.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

90% of Bethennys TH are negative against a housewife she rarely speaks positive about any one in them. in no way do I think that all the other ladies are sunshine and Lollypops in their TH however they do have a much stronger balance I mean watch the other girls TH in this episode and watch hers she is 100% negative from beginning to end with the insults 

Maybe so but we all know Bravo edits everything the way they want it to be.    Bethenny talking smack is nothing new.  It's expected and I look forward to it.   However, at the same time Bravo gave her charity efforts in Puerto Rico half an episode. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, film noire said:

Excellent post, Charlize Cat (and I also felt gypped about the murder mystery! I keep forgetting to bitch about that ; ) 

With the way these women deconstruct every goddamn last little thing, I was expecting them to be in their cups and sifting through evidence: Doris belligerently slurring, Bethenny interrupting,  Luann not giving a fuck about the murder (just her ass) Ramona and Sonja being Ramona and Sonja:

Dordina: So wait, did he sez youse were--

Bethenny: I KNOW THE ANSWER!

Carole: We just started--

Bethenny: I KNOW THE ANSWER!!

Luann: I think I killed him with my sexual energy--

Carole: I don't think so, Luman.

Bethenny:  I KNOW THE ANSWER! 

Luann: Why do you always pick on me, Carole?!

Bethenny: FRITTERS!

Carole: Fritters is the answer? What?

Bethenny: ADAM REFUSED TO MAKE FRITTERS FOR THE VICTIMS IN HOUSTON AND THAT'S WHAT KILLED THE CORPSE!

Dorinda: Richard made flitters - frutters - fucking fried dough - for Bishop Desmrond Tututu once-- 

Bethenny:  I KNOW THE ANSWERS TO EVERYTHING! 

Ramona: If you stroke the snowglobes you can hear the name of the murderer--

Carole: ADAM WAS MAKING FRITTERS FOR THE PEOPLE OF NICARAGUA--

Sonja: Is it tacky to dry hump the corpse? 

Luann: He is kinda cute, Sawnja--

Tinsley: I'm so forgettable, I didn't even get a single fucking line in this goddamn parody.

Just sayin'.  We was robbed.

It's ridiculous how much I love this photo. Every time you post it, it cracks me up ;)

I will probably quack crack you up again, I'm sure.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

Maybe so but we all know Bravo edits everything the way they want it to be.    Bethenny talking smack is nothing new.  It's expected and I look forward to it.   However, at the same time Bravo gave her charity efforts in Puerto Rico half an episode. 

If these are the good edits bravo gives her I’d hate to see the stuff she says about the other ladies that gets cut. Lol

• Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If these are the good edits bravo gives her I’d hate to see the stuff she says about the other ladies that gets cut. Lol

LOL That's funny!

Maybe Bravo edited out all the nice things Bethenny said.   ?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Agreed. This is also why I long for the Luann gets arrested storyline to hit the air, as well as the trip - so maybe the forums can be about other stuff beyond Bethenny, and beyond the Bethenny v Carole silliness... :) . Too bad Ramona, Dorinda, and/or Sonja couldn't bring some interesting stuff to the show to shift the spotlight - even if for a little while...

• Love 9

I think (and I am honestly having a hard time following either Bethany’s or Carole’s logic in this fight. But still, Shut up Carole) is that Bethany got the impression that Adam was interested in helping her charity when he thought there would be something in it for him (money, camera time) and was all of a sudden very busy when he found out there wasn’t. Bethany probably let this get to her more then she should have, as she does. I also think Bethanny just sort of doesn’t like Adam much and probably never has and this was a last straw in her ability to smile at Carole going on about him. This probably caused some unspoken tension between her and Carole (Carole does not like it if you imply that Adam is not madly in love with her!) causing Carole to gravitate toward Tinsley who either does take Adam seriously or at least is more polite about keeping the eye rolling to a minimum. Bethany noticed the distance and was hurt by it and used it as justification for her dislike of Adam (By assuming Adam is the cause of Carole’s obvious insecurity in the relationship) and used it as an excuse to say some shit about Adam and Carole's never ending breakup to makeup love story. Carole hears this and finally has a concrete hook to hang her hurt feelings on and decides to go after Bethany for a number of Adam related crimes real and imagined.

in short, they’re both being ridiculous. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I think (and I am honestly having a hard time following either Bethany’s or Carole’s logic in this fight. But still, Shut up Carole) is that Bethany got the impression that Adam was interested in helping her charity when he thought there would be something in it for him (money, camera time) and was all of a sudden very busy when he found out there wasn’t. Bethany probably let this get to her more then she should have, as she does. I also think Bethanny just sort of doesn’t like Adam much and probably never has and this was a last straw in her ability to smile at Carole going on about him. This probably caused some unspoken tension between her and Carole (Carole does not like it if you imply that Adam is not madly in love with her!) causing Carole to gravitate toward Tinsley who either does take Adam seriously or at least is more polite about keeping the eye rolling to a minimum. Bethany noticed the distance and was hurt by it and used it as justification for her dislike of Adam (By assuming Adam is the cause of Carole’s obvious insecurity in the relationship) and used it as an excuse to say some shit about Adam and Carole's never ending breakup to makeup love story. Carole hears this and finally has a concrete hook to hang her hurt feelings on and decides to go after Bethany for a number of Adam related crimes real and imagined.

in short, they’re both being ridiculous. 

Especially for grown women...

• Love 6

At this point I would love to hear what Adam says happened in the phone calls/texts/emails/pony express messages/smoke signals because Bethenny sure doesn't know what was said, how it was said or when it was said because she claims she never spoke to/communicated with Adam herself, that someone on "Her team" contacted him, so her info is second hand at best. Same for Carole, her info is second hand as well. LOL

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

At this point I would love to hear what Adam says happened in the phone calls/texts/emails/pony express messages/smoke signals because Bethenny sure doesn't know what was said, how it was said or when it was said because she claims she never spoke to/communicated with Adam herself, that someone on "Her team" contacted him, so her info is second hand at best. Same for Carole, her info is second hand as well. LOL

I wouldn't put too much stock in Adam's version.  He'd probably say whatever suits his agenda. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

But if she’s an “Andy favorite,” shouldn’t she be getting a more positive edit? 

1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

Agreed. This is also why I long for the Luann gets arrested storyline to hit the air, as well as the trip - so maybe the forums can be about other stuff beyond Bethenny, and beyond the Bethenny v Carole silliness... :) . Too bad Ramona, Dorinda, and/or Sonja couldn't bring some interesting stuff to the show to shift the spotlight - even if for a little while...

Ehhh last week’s discussion on here was about 80% about how much Carole sucks. So they all get a turn being the “heavy.”

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in Adam's version.  He'd probably say whatever suits his agenda. 

Like Bethenny who has told more than one version of this story.

• Love 18
(edited)

I tried to read each and every comment, I might have missed it if someone else mentioned it..but one of the things that bugs  me MOST about Carole is the fact that she rarely if ever says "thank you".   Example, when Bethenny gave her the Christmas sweater gift.  Carole just casually tosses it aside, like the entitled snarky shrew that she is.    I'm surprised there wasn't a clever rude comment from Carole regarding  Bethennys gift in her talking head.          She gets on my nerves more each episode. Bethenny is no picnic, but either are any of the housewives.

Edited by Tea4Two
Added word
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

But if she’s an “Andy favorite,” shouldn’t she be getting a more positive edit? 

Bravo and Andy get a lot of mileage out of Bethenny's snark.   I enjoy and look forward to it. 

5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They all lie. 

• Love 5
(edited)
18 minutes ago, AnnA said:

But at least he was a part of the conversation, Bethenny wasn't!

14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Exactly!

4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Bravo and Andy get a lot of mileage out of Bethenny's snark.   I enjoy and look forward to it. 

They all lie. 

Not according to Bethenny, she says she never lies, she always tells/says the truth! I do believe she is also selling an iconic bridge located in London England for a steal of a life time. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

But at least he was a part of the conversation, Bethenny wasn't!

Exactly!

Not according to Bethenny, she says she never lies, she always tells/says the truth! I do believe she is also selling an iconic bridge located in London England for a steal of a life time. LOL

Oh Fiddle-Dee-Dee!    

No one always tells the truth - not even Bethenny and I'm a fan. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

For just once these fools should just show the e-mails.  Done deal.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Oh Fiddle-Dee-Dee!    

No one always tells the truth - not even Bethenny and I'm a fan. 

I'll let YOU tell her that! I don't think my ears could handle the noises she will make upon her hearing you/anyone tell her that! LOL

• Love 8