Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Erica was beloved on this board for years - it’s interesting how everyone turned on her after she was cut.  Many on here wanted her to get point last year and felt she was an all time great DCC - now she’s a lazy diva w/ poor leadership?

And people acting like what she did in Canton is some capital offense that negates her great seasons.   Maybe she was just fed up and was like “hell with this - I’m not sitting in this locker room by myself for 4+ hours like I’m a toddler in a time out (and was she in there as a punishment, or was it just cause she was injured?) - I’m going to go sit w/ my friends and have fun!”  I mean she’s on a pro cheerleading squad where she makes next to zero money - it’s not like she’s a surgeon who up and left mid operation.   She may have just been over all the mind games and demeaning treatment and didn’t care anymore - maybe what happened to Jenna and Holly had her angry too.

I guess I’m not as upset w/ her over what happened - she was still a gorgeous DCC and an amazing dancer.  Her Dirty Diana solo was on of the best DCC solos I’ve ever seen.

I feel a lot of the Erica hate (which people are certainly entitled to like or dislike whoever they want) really seemed to take off after the lawsuit. That’s when suddenly a bunch of former DCCs started talking about her being cut, and the tide turned here. I think some saw it as a betrayal from a bitter girl. Add in that she’s also friends with Jenna and Cersten (both lightening rods on here) and there you have it. Personally I think she’s bitter (not unusual) and nothing suggests to me that her cut was unwarranted, but I don’t have an issue with the lawsuit at all, primarily the FLSA claim. I don’t handle wage and hour claims (i primarily handle EEOC based claims), but the dual hourly/non hourly DCC system described seemed strange and also a very easy way to run afoul of FLSA rules, even if unintentionally. Most smart companies have clear/rigid wage/hour/overtime rules for a reason.  If there were violations there (which again, not saying there definitely were), then I don’t care how many years she danced and loved it or how bitter she is, the suit was legit. I won’t criticize her for that all. 

• Love 8

I still like Erica. She’s human. I could see her attitude back in her first season when she was fresh about her hair after the make over - “how do you like my hair now?”

She would have been better to just not attend the weekend but I bet there were other parties and celebrations she got to attend. They showed one party on the amazon series about the cowboys - and Justin Timberlake performed.

i can see that staying locked in the locker room (even though they weren’t going to have one) was a poor choice to give her with a hugely important game for the team happening just outside. There should have been somewhere she could watch and wait in her warmup clothes.  Just bad calls all around.

16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Maddie is cute. That picture (above) just is not flattering one IMO.

She looks better than when Neil basically called her “butterface” on tv her first season. But she’s like a 5 at best in her face.

My personal view is that the front triangle needs beautiful performers, the plainer girls can be further back. Maybe they are giving up on beauty and going for who they think are the most entertaining? That’s a fair choice if that’s what they want.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

...Am I missing something here? Because to me she looks genuinely amazing in both of these. She's a beautiful girl. And the curls seem to be unpopular around here but I love them; they really make her stand out.

I feel the same way! She’s always looked tiny to me that’s why I was curious where pixie had heard that she struggled with her weight! 

44 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I feel a lot of the Erica hate (which people are certainly entitled to like or dislike whoever they want) really seemed to take off after the lawsuit. That’s when suddenly a bunch of former DCCs started talking about her being cut, and the tide turned here. I think some saw it as a betrayal from a bitter girl. Add in that she’s also friends with Jenna and Cersten (both lightening rods on here) and there you have it. Personally I think she’s bitter (not unusual) and nothing suggests to me that her cut was unwarranted, but I don’t have an issue with the lawsuit at all, primarily the FLSA claim. I don’t handle wage and hour claims (i primarily handle EEOC based claims), but the dual hourly/non hourly DCC system described seemed strange and also a very easy way to run afoul of FLSA rules, even if unintentionally. Most smart companies have clear/rigid wage/hour/overtime rules for a reason.  If there were violations there (which again, not saying there definitely were), then I don’t care how many years she danced and loved it or how bitter she is, the suit was legit. I won’t criticize her for that all. 

Completely agree. If her claims are deemed correct then change is needed. Also this whole “you should be grateful for being on this team, it’s a privelage” mentality really pisses me off. No one says that to the football players. Or any other job for that matter. If she’s lying let the system do their job and figure it out. It just seems like people were quick to discredit her as a bitter fired cheerleader before looking at the case. 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, jlc said:

I am not sure where or how you get the feeling Christina got the impression she would be ROTY? I am so NOT a fan of hers, and I don't follow her on social media, so is that where that entitled vibe comes from? I need to start paying attention, although I don't think I need any more reasons to dislike her. Lol

I kept getting that feeling from not only when she was featured on the show last year, but also from when she was in Training Camp season 9 and from her social media.  It seemed that she thought she was entitled to be on the squad because she had been trying to so many years and made it to Training Camp at least one time before.  There's just something that's not entirely genuine about her.

20 hours ago, DazedAndConfused said:

My daughter competed last year in the DCC cheer competition and got to meet them.  We watch the show religiously so she was super pumped to meet the ladies.  She said Jinelle and Lauren were 2 who really showed interest in the competitive cheerleaders and actually talked to her, asked questions, and wished her good luch.  My daughter said Christina was quite stand offish and almost rude. And my daughter was rooting for her all along. 

I could see both Jinelle and Lauren as sweet, caring, nurturing people who excel at appearances.  Even if Christina's hearing issues cause her problems at appearances (i.e. being consider rude, diva-ish, etc.), then she should either compensate for it better (and get better at acting as well) or leave the team.  She went in knowing she has a hearing issue and that appearances and performances are part of the deal and if she can't handle that much noise (is too shy to ask people to repeat themselves or doesn't want to appear "different" among other things), tough.  I can see this happening and her blaming her hearing issues for any comments that come up.

17 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

I've heard the same things from a LOT of different and unrelated/unconnected people about Christina. Waitress friend in DFW area said she occasionally gets some DCC in and they are always so nice and friendly, Christina was a hard-core nasty bitch in the 3 times she waited on her. Cousin's kids went to a DCC camp (I'm fairly certain that's what they were) and said Christina was bored, disinterested, and basically ignored the kids where as KaShara, Lauren, Jinelle, and Amy were kind, funny, encouraging, and made an effort to get to know the kids. The impression Christina gives off is "entitled", which is funny as that is exactly the vibe I got from her last season. 

I also got the idea/feeling that Christina is entitled, especially now that she made the team.  It almost seems like she only makes the effort when it's adults/important people (or the cameras/media are there) and that working with kids is not worth her time.  If this story is true, it would be the second time (at least) that Christina seemed dismissive of the kids and giving off the impression that they aren't worth her time or effort.

17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Interesting because I remember listening to Christina on a podcast, and I felt like I could relate to her. She seemed down to earth, and someone I could meet and have a nice conversation with.

I could certainly see Christina putting her best self forward with the talk show/podcast because it's a "media" event and thus something she should be on her best behavior for.  She wants to impress the people that matter: the donors, sponsors, Charlotte, Kelli, Judy and Jerry.  Everyone else isn't important.  That's just the feeling I get sometimes.

19 hours ago, kalibean said:

Everyone's mileage will vary on legacy status, of course, but the way I see it...

Being a legacy might help you get noticed or past a first hurdle, but you'll still have to prove yourself once you're in the door.  It was that way during sorority rush, too.  We might have given a pass first day and almost always would keep a legacy that made it to pref night, but if she wasn't fitting in on day two or three she'd be cut.  Being Jerry Jones' daughter might have gotten Charlotte through some doors, but she's always seemed extremely savvy to me and likely kicks ass at her job.  I like that her daughter also appears to be carving her own path, perhaps before she comes back into the family fold.  Families who are wealthy because of their businesses don't usually maintain their wealth by only hiring slackers.  I don't personally care for Jerry Jones, but I don't think he'd keep Charlotte in position if she wasn't earning her keep.

I feel the same about Cassie, VK, Dayton, etc...they might get a little bit of a pass on early stages, but they wouldn't end up in camp (or in Cassie's case) on the squad for five years if they tripped over their own feet constantly or had nothing to offer.  Cassie's audtion looked rough her rookie year, but she had her tumbling and a desire to learn.  She had potential and heaven knows we've seen potential in camp and on the squad just about every year that didn't necessarily "deserve" it in our eyes.

I get being a legacy can give you a leg up over the competition at the initial stages, but it certainly helped Cassie and Victoria because, at their first auditions/Training Camp, if they'd been anyone else with all the issues, they certainly wouldn't have made it to Training Camp in my opinion.  If her last name hadn't been Trammell (and a legacy), I think Cassie would have been cut at her first auditions because of her looks and her dance mistakes.  Same with Victoria.  If Victoria hadn't been the daughter of Kelli's best friend (and a legacy), she would have been cut at semis because of her dance mistakes and weight (and her looks).  Yet they got passed on.  I still maintain that Kelli should have recused herself with Victoria (and maybe Dayton), but didn't with Victoria because she knew that the girl wouldn't even make Finals if she didn't essentially override the other judges (with help from Charlotte).  Just my opinion.  Dayton would have made Training Camp regardless because it seemed the other judges liked her.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, saspurs21 said:

So there was this girl on last Thurs. episode that said she was at the Las Vegas shooting.  Does anyone know if she made the team and what was her name

Sara. She didn’t make training camp. They gushed about her dancing all episode and then didnt take her. Odd.

Edited by Jess14
Meant “training camp” rather than “finals”. Clarity.
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Sara. She didn’t make Finals. They gushed about her dancing all episode and then didnt take her. Odd.

I think she did make finals because they loved her solo. 

it is weird that they didn't take her or at least say why not.  if it was weight or not liking her face you'd think they'd have said, they arent usually shy about being blunt with that stuff. 

i hope she tries otu again, i really liked her. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

it is weird that they didn't take her or at least say why not.  if it was weight or not liking her face you'd think they'd have said, they arent usually shy about being blunt with that stuff. 

Sorry. I meant training camp. Trying to do way too many things at once. 

43 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

The only "con" they said about her on the show was that she didn't bring the same power to the field and didn't pop when it came to the field performance.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I will add, that picture is not the most flattering of her hair.  I'm all for her letting it go natural (I have naturally thick curly hair too, and I can't imagine what it would be like after a 4 hour game if I tried to keep it straight?!), but it's too tight to her head or something.

I'll second you on having thick curly hair!  I have pretty bad hair, so after 4 hrs, curly, straight, I'd still look like crap LOL.  That being said, Maddie's hair was much prettier her rookie season.  I said then that I hated it & that it looked like old lady hair, but looking back nope, I think it was pretty :)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I'll second you on having thick curly hair!  I have pretty bad hair, so after 4 hrs, curly, straight, I'd still look like crap LOL.  That being said, Maddie's hair was much prettier her rookie season.  I said then that I hated it & that it looked like old lady hair, but looking back nope, I think it was pretty :)

I'm not a huge fan of the longer curls, I definitely agree her rookie year it was the best

• Love 2
On 8/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, LisaWl7TR said:

My question is why is she a favorite? 

I agree!  They have cut other vets for not having a good interview.  Alyssa Torres comes to mind.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I really liked her as well !

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I get being a legacy can give you a leg up over the competition at the initial stages, but it certainly helped Cassie and Victoria because, at their first auditions/Training Camp, if they'd been anyone else with all the issues, they certainly wouldn't have made it to Training Camp in my opinion.  If her last name hadn't been Trammell (and a legacy), I think Cassie would have been cut at her first auditions because of her looks and her dance mistakes.  Same with Victoria.  If Victoria hadn't been the daughter of Kelli's best friend (and a legacy), she would have been cut at semis because of her dance mistakes and weight (and her looks).  Yet they got passed on.  I still maintain that Kelli should have recused herself with Victoria (and maybe Dayton), but didn't with Victoria because she knew that the girl wouldn't even make Finals if she didn't essentially override the other judges (with help from Charlotte).  Just my opinion.  Dayton would have made Training Camp regardless because it seemed the other judges liked her.

I think though that Cassie had pull before hand and especially as time went on.  She could do no wrong in their eyes.  But I agree, had she not been a legacy, she would have been cut her first season she tried out.  And the whole asthma thing her first season, who knows if she really does, but it seemed like a cop-out to me.  She had not stamina.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agreed, she looks so pretty in this older headshot from around the time she auditioned and made the squad. 

Holy cow, she looks like a brunette Taylor Swift in this picture.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I kept getting that feeling from not only when she was featured on the show last year, but also from when she was in Training Camp season 9 and from her social media.  It seemed that she thought she was entitled to be on the squad because she had been trying to so many years and made it to Training Camp at least one time before.  There's just something that's not entirely genuine about her.

I could see both Jinelle and Lauren as sweet, caring, nurturing people who excel at appearances.  Even if Christina's hearing issues cause her problems at appearances (i.e. being consider rude, diva-ish, etc.), then she should either compensate for it better (and get better at acting as well) or leave the team.  She went in knowing she has a hearing issue and that appearances and performances are part of the deal and if she can't handle that much noise (is too shy to ask people to repeat themselves or doesn't want to appear "different" among other things), tough.  I can see this happening and her blaming her hearing issues for any comments that come up.

I also got the idea/feeling that Christina is entitled, especially now that she made the team.  It almost seems like she only makes the effort when it's adults/important people (or the cameras/media are there) and that working with kids is not worth her time.  If this story is true, it would be the second time (at least) that Christina seemed dismissive of the kids and giving off the impression that they aren't worth her time or effort.

I could certainly see Christina putting her best self forward with the talk show/podcast because it's a "media" event and thus something she should be on her best behavior for.  She wants to impress the people that matter: the donors, sponsors, Charlotte, Kelli, Judy and Jerry.  Everyone else isn't important.  That's just the feeling I get sometimes.

I agree with you somewhat about the part where Kelli should recuse herself when discussing Victoria, but if she should do that then IMO she should have to recuse herself when discussing Dayton as well. Even though it’s not going to matter because mostly everyone in that room knows who the girls mother is. But because them being a legacy doesn’t make them a bad dancer. Many don’t agree but I also think VK was a much more stronger dancer than Dayton and it didn’t seem like Dayton wanted it as much. It was very very noticeable how much VK wanted it. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jmarie said:

I agree with you somewhat about the part where Kelli should recuse herself when discussing Victoria, but if she should do that then IMO she should have to recuse herself when discussing Dayton as well. Even though it’s not going to matter because mostly everyone in that room knows who the girls mother is. But because them being a legacy doesn’t make them a bad dancer. Many don’t agree but I also think VK was a much more stronger dancer than Dayton and it didn’t seem like Dayton wanted it as much. It was very very noticeable how much VK wanted it. 

The dichotomy is that Dayton, in beauty and personality, is what u think of as an American sweetheart, but VK is what u usually get?

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, jmarie said:

I'm sure Kelly did pretty much recuse herself on Dayton last year - I seem to remember her saying something like "I am going to have to take myself out of this, have known her since she was whatever age/know her mum etc.." Or am I imagining it ..lol

• Love 3
13 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

Yes, the workman’s comp argument doesn’t make sense. Why take her along, if all she’d be allowed to do on game day is sit inside alone. And if she’s injured enough to need that kind of restriction (like no bumping into things and jarring your shoulder), why wouldn’t she be tagged as unfit to fly? 

Sitting inside away from the action feels like a big girl timeout to me. Especially because it happened after the Holly and Jenna things. 

A few things, and then I’m leaving this issue in the dust:

1.  Security: They can’t have a rogue cheerleader on their watch going out into the stands. These cheerleaders are protected when they go out on appearances. What would happen if an overly eager, drunk, man fan would decide that she’s “fair game” because she’s out with the fans?   She’s been in calendars, on tv, on the sidelines... all scantily clad. Let’s be thoughtful about this real danger. 

2.  Worker’s comp is a HUGE ISSUE. An organization has to pay MORE into the system (for years) when employees put in claims. (Think of how your auto insurance goes up after you’ve made a claim.) So yes, it’s a Corp concern. The safest place for an already injured employee in that situation is the locker room. 

3.  She not only put the organization at risk, but then she rubbed their noses in it by drinking and then advertising what she did. It’s a real job, in a big corporation. Even if she doesn’t feel well compensated (and she agreed to the comp when she signed her contract every year), it’s still a real job- with real rules and real consequences. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

A few things, and then I’m leaving this issue in the dust:

1.  Security: They can’t have a rogue cheerleader on their watch going out into the stands. These cheerleaders are protected when they go out on appearances. What would happen if an overly eager, drunk, man fan would decide that she’s “fair game” because she’s out with the fans?   She’s been in calendars, on tv, on the sidelines... all scantily clad. Let’s be thoughtful about this real danger. 

2.  Worker’s comp is a HUGE ISSUE. An organization has to pay MORE into the system (for years) when employees put in claims. (Think of how your auto insurance goes up after you’ve made a claim.) So yes, it’s a Corp concern. The safest place for an already injured employee in that situation is the locker room. 

3.  She not only put the organization at risk, but then she rubbed their noses in it by drinking and then advertising what she did. It’s a real job, in a big corporation. Even if she doesn’t feel well compensated (and she agreed to the comp when she signed her contract every year), it’s still a real job- with real rules and real consequences. 

Inured football players are on the sidelines all the time - sometimes in uniform, sometimes in street clothes - and their contracts are worth millions.  Didn’t the write-up on her lawsuit say she made a total of $6500 a year?  While I agree her being up in the stands is not a good idea, there is no reason at all she needs to sit in a locker room for hours.  Especially an out of town locker room.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

OK, non dancer here!!!  When you say Kash isn't finishing her movements - what do you mean by that?  She appears to be in sync with the other girls, but again non dancer here:)

It generally means that a dancer is moving too quickly from one move to the next without “punctuation.” If I asked you to move your arms up on 1, side on 2, down on 3 and back all the way up on 4....

a dancer “not finishing” movement would be one that doesn’t fully “hit” each of these positions before moving to the next. 

I’ve watched several videos of Kashara..  I don’t see where she is sloppy or doesn’t punctuate her movement. I might be missing it, because, again, I don’t have any pom in my dance experience. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Inured football players are on the sidelines all the time - sometimes in uniform, sometimes in street clothes - and their contracts are worth millions.  Didn’t the write-up on her lawsuit say she made a total of $6500 a year?  While I agree her being up in the stands is not a good idea, there is no reason at all she needs to sit in a locker room for hours.  Especially an out of town locker room.

Football players are well protected while on the sidelines. 

Again, their company, their rules... it’s really that simple. No one said life is fair. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, JennieM said:

I'm sure Kelly did pretty much recuse herself on Dayton last year - I seem to remember her saying something like "I am going to have to take myself out of this, have known her since she was whatever age/know her mum etc.." Or am I imagining it ..lol

She said "Judy and I..." you are correct :)

8 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

It generally means that a dancer is moving too quickly from one move to the next without “punctuation.” If I asked you to move your arms up on 1, side on 2, down on 3 and back all the way up on 4....

a dancer “not finishing” movement would be one that doesn’t fully “hit” each of these positions before moving to the next. 

I’ve watched several videos of Kashara..  I don’t see where she is sloppy or doesn’t punctuate her movement. I might be missing it, because, again, I don’t have any pom in my dance experience. 

She also falls out of her passe early (twice, actually), which kind of goes along with what you are saying.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

There have been cheerleaders sitting in the locker room during a game or practice. They had Cassie sit in the locker room during a game due to her injury. I think they had Brittney S. sit in the locker room while she was recovering from a back injury. We do not know if she sat in the locker room for hours and/in no one was checking on her to make sure she is okay. She knew she was breaking the rules when she left the locker room and went out to the bleachers with a drink and took pictures. There are a reason why they have rules like this in order to protect Erica and to protect the organization.

Edited by bigskygirl
35 minutes ago, jmarie said:

I agree on this - VK much better dancer and wanted to be a DCC more.   Better figure too.

I guess who is prettier is up for personal taste - I think they are both very pretty facially.   

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

She also falls out of her passe early (twice, actually), which kind of goes along with what you are saying.

You have good eyes... I haven’t seen her fall out of turns or out of passé 

ETA: I just rewatched the prince video. I don’t see where she fell out of passé early. The first one, maybe a hair, but she was moving to a new position and others weren’t- maybe it was choreographed that way... again, I just see a slight difference. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 2

The Erica/lawsuit discussion has not only been done to death, it does not belong in this topic. This is the Training Camp topic and she's not in Training Camp. Should this note be ignored and there is a post about Erica and her lawsuit, it will be disappeared. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agreed, she looks so pretty in this older headshot from around the time she auditioned and made the squad. 

Her hair is GREAT in this picture.  Why on earth would they not do this for cameos?!

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, JennieM said:

No you’re correct but I think many people were talking about how she should have left the room for Victoria, the way Judy did with Cassie. & I was saying if she should have had to leave the room for Victoria, she should have had to for Dayton as well.

44 minutes ago, Trixi said:

The dichotomy is that Dayton, in beauty and personality, is what u think of as an American sweetheart, but VK is what u usually get?

But what part of Victoria’s personality have we seen SO FAR on the show. She wants to be a DCC, and has her whole life. It’s Kelli and Charlotte who are showing the favoritism of VK, that has nothing to do with VK’s personality. && We haven’t seen what happened during TC to know the whole story. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I agree on this - VK much better dancer and wanted to be a DCC more.   Better figure too.

I guess who is prettier is up for personal taste - I think they are both very pretty facially.   

Trying to compare these two in style is like trying to compare an apple to an avocado.  The best videos I've seen of Dayton are very fluid and controlled but outside the pom arena; the numerous prep class videos VK has posted are big and bold, but also over the top and out of control.     

• Love 7
18 hours ago, ales-ya said:

I agree!  Gina has really grown on me since last season.

Question:  who’s more of a powerhouse: Holly P or Gina?  

I’m not sure if one is more of a powerhouse, BUT Holly for me is hands down a far better performer. She just draws you in and has charisma, plus she’s memorable. Someone else just said that Gina.is a blender face wise and I agree. 

16 hours ago, hypeman said:

It sure was a mess. Her group was subpar last year. More girls got cut from her group than any other. Since the GL's teach and clean the routines, that's squarely on her. It appears that it wasn't just being new to leadership last year, because the issue persists.

It's funny that someone tried to blame Keyra for Heather getting booted from leadership. Keyra was in group 1.

The legend of Kashara continues to be more (edited) flash than substance.

Well to be fair, Kashara got the worst rookies and Jenna who was a GL for the second year and had another year as a 2GL (plus, it was her 6th year as a dcc) got the best. We can’t compare her to a 3rd year who had no leadership experience and wasn’t expecting to get any recognition with all these superstars on the squad. I think Lacey had the same issue (not thinking she would stand a chance with erica/holly/jenna there), but at least she had leadership experience.

This year I think amy’s group is the most boring.

19 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I have nothing against her...she seems perfectly sweet, but Amy has no punch as a GL.  

and that Jumbotron really is unforgiving.  I don’t think it portrayed Madeline well...it seemed to shrink her in height and widen her   

I know many don’t agree, but I adore KaShara. She may not be as technical, but in her group, I can’t stop watching her. She has such pop and sparkle. And I adore Lacey ...she is beautiful as a person and dancer...but she is almost too fluid. Kashara puts an extra swivel or twist that L doesn’t.  I think K was the best choice for point.   

I completely agree. Maddie and Amy wouln’t be so front and center if there weren’t only like 5 upper vets on the team. Maddie maybe, but in a team full of girls like Whitney/Maggie/Melissa/Amy T./Britanny S. Etc. she would have been “the blond in the back”. She’s really sweet, but I doubt we will remember her 5 years from now.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, jmarie said:

No you’re correct but I think many people were talking about how she should have left the room for Victoria, the way Judy did with Cassie. & I was saying if she should have had to leave the room for Victoria, she should have had to for Dayton as well.

Judy only left the room Cassie’s fifth year right? Wasn’t she in the room every other year? FWIW, I don’t think K&J should have to recuse themselves. They’re the ones in the room who will have to be with the team all year, so their opinion should count, and they should have a vote IMO. However, I think it’s professional for them to sit back and let others lead the discussion when it comes to family members, family friends, etc. Kelli’s obvious favoritism towards VK has way been over the top. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Judy only left the room Cassie’s fifth year right? Wasn’t she in the room every other year? FWIW, I don’t think K&J should have to recuse themselves. They’re the ones in the room who will have to be with the team all year, so their opinion should count, and they should have a vote IMO. However, I think it’s professional for them to sit back and let others lead the discussion when it comes to family members, family friends, etc. Kelli’s obvious favoritism towards VK has way been over the top. 

She did leave the room when Cassie came in for her interview in her rookie year, but I cannot remember if they showed the judges discussing Cassie during finals and TC deliberations.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

She did leave the room when Cassie came in for her interview in her rookie year, but I cannot remember if they showed the judges discussing Cassie during finals and TC deliberations.

I think I remember that. I don’t recall Cassie being discussed other years either, but I remember her last year, it didn’t seem like it was planned for Judy to leave the room, but I thought Charlotte politely asked her to step outside during the conversation on her.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

As I recall, she left the room when Cassie was deliberated her rookie year in each round

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Isolabella said:

The only "con" they said about her on the show was that she didn't bring the same power to the field and didn't pop when it came to the field performance.

I really liked Sara. (Hope I spelled that right.) She was such a pretty girl, but her personality came off as too meek. 

Edited by tinabee1967
17 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

funny how we see things differently.  kash's group was the only one i enjoyed watching, Maddie's a little bit too but Kash's was so fun. they looked great!! 

i've never seen that either.  maybe it was deleted? 

I absolutely agree! I thought Kashara made the entire group energetic and fun to watch. Jenna has always been "meh" to me, showoffish and I've never enjoyed watching her. Erica is too much of a soft dancer. Love Janelle, but Kashara and her group were by far my favorite. I think Kash is dynamic, entertaining, a fantastic dancer, great showmanship, and really stands out from the rest. Gina may be a good dancer... butter face. 

I think the discussion about Heather was she was second leader last year but doesn't have a leadership role this year. My understanding is that is by her own request as she has a lot going on. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

I absolutely agree! I thought Kashara made the entire group energetic and fun to watch. Jenna has always been "meh" to me, showoffish and I've never enjoyed watching her. Erica is too much of a soft dancer. Love Janelle, but Kashara and her group were by far my favorite. I think Kash is dynamic, entertaining, a fantastic dancer, great showmanship, and really stands out from the rest. Gina may be a good dancer... butter face. 

I think the discussion about Heather was she was second leader last year but doesn't have a leadership role this year. My understanding is that is by her own request as she has a lot going on. 

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but John Galt said that Heather did NOT ask to be removed from consideration as a group leader and fully expected to be one.  He was not at liberty to discuss why she was not selected as a group leader.  @JohnGalt did I remember this correctly? 

• Love 4

Everyone keeps saying Maddie isn't attractive enough to be point, but I don't think Jenna is any better looking than Maddie. They both look like 15 year olds and between Jenna's huge forehead and abdominal scar I think Maddie is the better looking one.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jennv said:

Everyone keeps saying Maddie isn't attractive enough to be point, but I don't think Jenna is any better looking than Maddie. They both look like 15 year olds and between Jenna's huge forehead and abdominal scar I think Maddie is the better looking one.

I respect your right to your opinion, but I do not think Jenna's abdominal scars make her unattractive enough not to be point girl. I have a lovely scar from a life saving operation and to save my left kidney after being hit by a car the day before my fourth birthday. I do not think my scars make me unattractive any more than women who do not have scars. Some people have seen my scars and have ask me what the heck happened because it look like I was almost cut in half. Some people think I was the one who had a kidney transplant instead of my husband. I call my scar my I fought a battle and won scar.

Edited by bigskygirl

I think Kelli does a good job of picking a team with a range of looks that appeal to different people. Personally, I don’t find Maddie to be all that attractive (I think Jenna is far prettier than her), but she’s cute and would be cuter IMO without that huge grin. I actually think Maddie is cuter than Amy though, and I don’t find Kelli to be all that attractive either. However, I know other people on here do. Kelsey (not Lowrance, the other one) was another who I didn’t think was all that pretty, but I think mine was a minority opinion. So I think beauty really is in the eye of the beholder lol.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think Kelli does a good job of picking a team with a range of looks that appeal to different people. Personally, I don’t find Maddie to be all that attractive (I think Jenna is far prettier than her), but she’s cute and would be cuter IMO without that huge grin. I actually think Maddie is cuter than Amy though, and I don’t find Kelli to be all that attractive either. However, I know other people on here do. Kelsey (not Lowrance, the other one) was another who I didn’t think was all that pretty, but I think mine was a minority opinion. So I think beauty really is in the eye of the beholder lol.

I SO agree - I love that their is a variety because beauty.is.subjective.  

• Love 11