Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 8/19/2018 at 2:12 PM, 8dallas said:

Its still on going. She is trying to change the way the system is. It makes sense the DCC make up a good amount of revenue for the Org. Its sad how they are treated even if it is their choice to tryout. They shouldnt be treated the way they are treated. 

My personal opinion and from why I’ve read from other former DCC’s, Erica signed a contract and that included the amount of money she received. I think it’s very odd and funny that after she WAS cut then she decided to file a lawsuit. No other DCC has filed this and many disagree as you can see in the comments of instagram posts from Cassie along with Melissa Rycroft. 

• Love 1
On 8/18/2018 at 6:19 PM, DCCMTT2018 said:

Someone, please tell me who is that dancing on the 10 yard line to Kash's left our tight. Rachel is on one side but I can't make out the other DCC. 

39 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

No. She was in Group 1. Jenna was her first leader and Amy her second. 

WOOOWWW! The plot thickens. So Maddie jumps from never being a GL to GL 1. Oh well, go Maddie!!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Someone, please tell me who is that dancing on the 10 yard line to Kash's left our tight. Rachel is on one side but I can't make out the other DCC. 

Could be COMPLETELY wrong but looks like Erin to me.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Behind Heather? I think Erin. I also noticed Kash's group was the messiest this weekend

• Love 4

I'm not surprised Maddie has jumped to group leader ..... she grew up in a dance studio and has teaching under her belt .... Cant remember but Kelly or Judy called out Maddie to stand up and help when one of the girls were rolling her hips the wrong way LOL!!!  That gave me the impression K&J turn to her to help the rookies .... Way to go Maddie !!!!!

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Kash, Heather O, Rachel, Erin, Khayln?, Madeline Molloy? and I think Molly

The collage of cameos shown at F&F night (which was posted several pages back) is in order by Groups.  So the top row is Group 1 with Lacey (1GL), then Tasha (2GL), then the entire Group 1 going right.  The second row is Group 2 with Kashara (1GL), then Khalyn (2GL), then the entire Group 2 to the right.  Same for Groups 3 and 4 on the third and fourth rows.  Maybe I was the only one that didn't know this already but I found it quite helpful once I figure it out.  LOL   

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

She knows why, but I think she was unclear going into this season whether it would affect her going forward.

Ok see, now I want to know more and I know you don’t want to say. Just give me a hint! What i mostly care about is where this “thing” would make her retire this season.

3 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

The collage of cameos shown at F&F night (which was posted several pages back) is in order by Groups.  So the top row is Group 1 with Lacey (1GL), then Tasha (2GL), then the entire Group 1 going right.  The second row is Group 2 with Kashara (1GL), then Khalyn (2GL), then the entire Group 2 to the right.  Same for Groups 3 and 4 on the third and fourth rows.  Maybe I was the only one that didn't know this already but I found it quite helpful once I figure it out.  LOL   

THANK YOU FOR THIS. I had no idea why the cameos were so out of order!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Erica was told to stay in the locker room. She decided to go out in the bleachers with a drink her hand and sending selfies out to some of her fellow DCCs. She broke the rules and paid the price for it. No one force her to go out to the bleachers with a drink and take pictures of herself without thinking sooner or later it will get back to Kelli and Judy.

Jinelle retired and did not try out again. She is an All-Star and just filled in for Yuko due to an injury. It looks like she was hired by the DCC Organization.

Season 8 had 32 veterans trying out again. Three vets were cut at finals, Courtney Cook left before TC started, and Chelsea was cut during TC. 27 vets made the squad again along with 12 rookies.

Do you have a spreadsheet somewhere? You always have these stats at your fingertips. 

• Love 4

Regarding the black & white picture upthread.  Is it my imagination, or have the shorts gotten a little longer?  Jalyn's in particular look like they have more material.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Regarding the black & white picture upthread.  Is it my imagination, or have the shorts gotten a little longer?  Jalyn's in particular look like they have more material.

They made them “longer” a couple years ago. Really it’s just cut differently I think. I realized it on Yuko because hers look like a diaper. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Does anyone know what page this was on? Or can someone repost?

What the heck is the DCC look? And what is the standard on being HD ready? Lol I know beauty is subjective and we all think some girls are pretty and some aren't. There have been girls that made it into training camp or on the squad that I think are average looking. And some saying Sarah might not have made it beacuse of that. But I thought she was cute enough. And they gave her so much praise. But I don't think Cianna is very cute after seeing her on pictures and video, not sure how she is dance wise. And I've been rooting for Jalyn ever since some people were commenting that she wasn't pretty. I thought she doesn't look that bad at all. so I've been very happy to hear that she's actually a really good dancer and made show group and everything. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

9AB4DB4A-AF51-4929-B92F-E561BBDBCA93.jpeg

I have nothing against her...she seems perfectly sweet, but Amy has no punch as a GL.  

and that Jumbotron really is unforgiving.  I don’t think it portrayed Madeline well...it seemed to shrink her in height and widen her   

I know many don’t agree, but I adore KaShara. She may not be as technical, but in her group, I can’t stop watching her. She has such pop and sparkle. And I adore Lacey ...she is beautiful as a person and dancer...but she is almost too fluid. Kashara puts an extra swivel or twist that L doesn’t.  I think K was the best choice for point.   

• Love 11
2 hours ago, jmarie said:

My personal opinion and from why I’ve read from other former DCC’s, Erica signed a contract and that included the amount of money she received. I think it’s very odd and funny that after she WAS cut then she decided to file a lawsuit. No other DCC has filed this and many disagree as you can see in the comments of instagram posts from Cassie along with Melissa Rycroft. 

Its my understanding she is suing for back pay, not how much she was actually paid for her time.  And the Cowboys offered to pay her what she was owed and she declined.  She declined, because she wants to change the way the cheerleaders are treated and paid. If the Cowboys didn’t pay her what she was owed, I find it hard to believe there are not more cheerleaders owed back pay.  They should be paid, these ladies worked hard and earned every penny.  If my employer didn’t pay me and my coworkers what we we worked for... on man!

• Love 1

Gina is a powerhouse dancer! She's so sharp and has so much punch with each move. 

I actually like Kash at point over Lacey (love them both!) although I feel like she isn't finishing her movements completely. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

They were world class before Charlotte... I agree that she’s helped the brand, and her support has definitely helped the organization and increased growth, but they were more than just an average dance team before her. 

Exactly! If they were just an average cheerleading group before Charlotte, they wouldn't have had a snowballs chance in getting into the Smithsonian. Their longevity as being iconic, world class, and above the rest dates back way before K&J&C were in charge. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

They made them “longer” a couple years ago. Really it’s just cut differently I think. I realized it on Yuko because hers look like a diaper. 

As a matter of fact, when I typed my post I was thinking that Yuko's looked a little "fuller" than the others as well.

28 minutes ago, kicklinegal said:
Gina is a powerhouse dancer! She's so sharp and has so much punch with each move. 

I agree!  Gina has really grown on me since last season.

Question:  who’s more of a powerhouse: Holly P or Gina?  

Edited by ales-ya
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, kicklinegal said:

I actually like Kash at point over Lacey (love them both!) although I feel like she isn't finishing her movements completely. 

Where’s Khalyn? And the blonde in the back far right really needs to dial it up. 

Love the shot of the security guy’s backside. 

Edited by cgloss
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ales-ya said:

I think Holly P is a really strong dancer in general, but I actually didn't think she was a stand out with DCC choreo, whereas I think Gina really excels at it! She has that same amazing pop that Jenna had that makes you look at her every time! 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, kicklinegal said:

Whoever replaced Khalyn in the middle (tall brunette), needs more pop if she's going to be right in the middle. I would love to see Lacey at point, but I feel like Kashara has been outdancing her in the clips that I've seen. I feel like Lacey needs to dial it up again. Gina is still outdancing everyone IMO. They should switch her and Maddie in the triangle IMO. 

4 minutes ago, kicklinegal said:

I think Holly P is a really strong dancer in general, but I actually didn't think she was a stand out with DCC choreo, whereas I think Gina really excels at it! She has that same amazing pop that Jenna had that makes you look at her every time! 

Completely agree. Holly is by far the better overall dancer, but I much preferred Jenna in DCC choreo. Gina is excellent in DCC choreo and may give Holly a run for her money in other styles as well. I do think Holly has more sex appeal than Gina though. Gina's facials still aren't the best IMO.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

What the heck is the DCC look? And what is the standard on being HD ready? Lol I know beauty is subjective and we all think some girls are pretty and some aren't. There have been girls that made it into training camp or on the squad that I think are average looking. And some saying Sarah might not have made it beacuse of that. But I thought she was cute enough. And they gave her so much praise. But I don't think Cianna is very cute after seeing her on pictures and video, not sure how she is dance wise. And I've been rooting for Jalyn ever since some people were commenting that she wasn't pretty. I thought she doesn't look that bad at all. so I've been very happy to hear that she's actually a really good dancer and made show group and everything. 

I honestly think the "DCC look" is the best version of oneself. I'm really not trying to be funny or poke fun at the fact that that's what their answer is, but I honestly think it's whoever YOU are at your prettiest, most polished, well-spoken...ness. I think it's an obvious beautiful girl, engaging, who has a sweet and fun personality, and who is overall just interesting to look at and listen to. I don't think it has a specific hair color, but I do think it has a specific body type. (I know my answer sounds generic, but that's my definition).

28 minutes ago, Jennv said:

What is Abby bear?

The "Abbey bear" is given to the girl who, for reasons unknown to us, has gone ABove and BEYond. It gets passed on from girl to girl each week (or whatever the rotation is).

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ales-ya said:

Its my understanding she is suing for back pay, not how much she was actually paid for her time.  And the Cowboys offered to pay her what she was owed and she declined.  She declined, because she wants to change the way the cheerleaders are treated and paid. If the Cowboys didn’t pay her what she was owed, I find it hard to believe there are not more cheerleaders owed back pay.  They should be paid, these ladies worked hard and earned every penny.  If my employer didn’t pay me and my coworkers what we we worked for... on man!

It is hard to believe BUT the DCC franchise has created this "elitist mystique" full of smoke and mirrors, that which dancers fall for hook line and sinker. For me, as an outsider, who has never even been to Texas, it's seems like a strange cult like environment.

Edited by HateWatcher
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

They have exactly 4 rookies in each Group.  That seems kinda lucky.  Or did they move groups around after final cuts?  

I still have pics from when they went to team bonding I’ll look and see if they moved anyone around !! 

Update ashlee was in group 1 

Erin was in group 1 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I honestly think the "DCC look" is the best version of oneself. I'm really not trying to be funny or poke fun at the fact that that's what their answer is, but I honestly think it's whoever YOU are at your prettiest, most polished, well-spoken...ness.

I have to respectfully disagree.  Body wise, they want long and lean as a general rule because of the "unforgiving" uniform.  They cut girls all the time after cameos when they look boxy or their legs look too short in the uniform.  The only times I can remember when they've fought to keep someone with a shorter, stockier frame is when they're face is super pretty and super photogenic.  

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  Body wise, they want long and lean as a general rule because of the "unforgiving" uniform.  They cut girls all the time after cameos when they look boxy or their legs look too short in the uniform.  The only times I can remember when they've fought to keep someone with a shorter, stockier frame is when they're face is super pretty and super photogenic.  

Allie and Keyra? Both are cute girls, but I wouldn't say either is super pretty or photogenic. Very good dancers though, and of course both were cut the following year. I may be misunderstanding what you mean by "fought for," though. 

I just rewatched the first few episodes, and Judy is being awfully quiet. I hope this doesn't last. I always appreciate her insight.  

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I honestly think the "DCC look" is the best version of oneself. I'm really not trying to be funny or poke fun at the fact that that's what their answer is, but I honestly think it's whoever YOU are at your prettiest, most polished, well-spoken...ness. I think it's an obvious beautiful girl, engaging, who has a sweet and fun personality, and who is overall just interesting to look at and listen to. I don't think it has a specific hair color, but I do think it has a specific body type. (I know my answer sounds generic, but that's my definition).

Well then I’m very interested in why Tara was cut since I thought she embodied the DCC/America’s Seeetheart look and personality.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ales-ya said:

Holly. My issue with Gina is that her face blends, her dance is killer but the blonde is forgettable. Holly was just as skilled, but her hair made her stand out and I could find her better. Even in some of the newer videos, where she's been moved up in the triangle, I struggle to find her because her look blends. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I actually don't recall anyone saying Jaylyn wasn't pretty.  Many people (including me!) didn't like the maroon (violet) hair.  She's a beautiful girl.  I hesitate to even say this but I think the least HD ready look is the Hannah.  Of course, Brennan's issues have been discussed at length, but I will say I teared up when I saw her in the uniform.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kicklinegal said:

OK, non dancer here!!!  When you say Kash isn't finishing her movements - what do you mean by that?  She appears to be in sync with the other girls, but again non dancer here:)

So I found pics from the first preseason game that the DCC posted. If I’m correct, this is Cianna, no? I know angles and pictures can be decieving but she looks very very soft in the middle to me for DCC standards. I found it interesting she made it through with this look because she’s a rookie and there’s been so much talk of cuts due to look/weight this season (both vets and rookies). I honestly don’t know much about her so maybe she’s more toned in person/at a different angle or an excellent performer where they overlook a little softness. Just my observation. Obviously she’s still more in shape than I am! Lol

7EA23B47-2D0F-4159-8208-746ED91082D3.jpeg

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Holly. My issue with Gina is that her face blends, her dance is killer but the blonde is forgettable. Holly was just as skilled, but her hair made her stand out and I could find her better. Even in some of the newer videos, where she's been moved up in the triangle, I struggle to find her because her look blends. 

Holly is a moot point. Gina is undeniably an AMAZING dancer but her face ... Kashara may not have those technical skills but she embodies that All American Sweetheart persona so well.  They need a great dancer who can get the party started. I mean that's what they are there for, right?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, HateWatcher said:

Holly is a moot point. Gina is undeniably an AMAZING dancer but her face ... Kashara may not have those technical skills but she embodies that All American Sweetheart persona so well.  They need a great dancer who can get the party started. I mean that's what they are there for, right?

The question I answered was comparing Holly and Gina and who was more of a powerhouse. Kashara isn't even within that question or conversation. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Kethomp said:

So I found pics from the first preseason game that the DCC posted. If I’m correct, this is Cianna, no? I know angles and pictures can be decieving but she looks very very soft in the middle to me for DCC standards. I found it interesting she made it through with this look because she’s a rookie and there’s been so much talk of cuts due to look/weight this season (both vets and rookies). I honestly don’t know much about her so maybe she’s more toned in person/at a different angle or an excellent performer where they overlook a little softness. Just my observation. Obviously she’s still more in shape than I am! Lol

7EA23B47-2D0F-4159-8208-746ED91082D3.jpeg

In the original photo if you pan to the right is Lexie. Her belly looks a little soft in the middle too, which we know she is in great shape. So I think this position might make it difficult for some girls to pull their abs in, unless they're one of the super skinny ones.

7 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

I think last season when they had that exercise (can't remember what for) and Kash went around and tried to get everyone fired up, I think that's what got her point, as well as being a good dancer.

• Love 5