Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kethomp said:

Found this on IG. From this past Friday or Saturday I believe. Found it interesting with all the VK nutrition/weight issue talk and her being potentially cut on Thursday. May give more validity to her actually having been cut.109E5280-4057-4C14-A1CA-9219AA32B0FE.thumb.png.894f75ec6375699d8312ce1c319db5b9.png

That's Emma's husband...

11 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Maggie's going away dinner

Please forgive me, but I don't remember. Why is Maggie leaving? 

Edited by mayelynn
erased some of post that I wasn't replying to.
3 hours ago, Kethomp said:

Found this on IG. From this past Friday or Saturday I believe. Found it interesting with all the VK nutrition/weight issue talk and her being potentially cut on Thursday. May give more validity to her actually having been cut.109E5280-4057-4C14-A1CA-9219AA32B0FE.thumb.png.894f75ec6375699d8312ce1c319db5b9.png

Is it a smart move to post pics of yourself with all these desserts if you’ve just been cut for weight, and lying about trying to fix it? Does she WANT to be on the team in the future? If I were Kelli, I’d be thinking, “yep an extra scoop of whipped cream just slapped me in the face... she just doesn’t get.”

• Love 7

Again, there is no universe where I believe Victoria lied to Kelli, and Sam was like “That is totes cool, let’s grab a sundae.”  I love spoilers and rumors as much as the next girl, but there are huge holes in that story.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

There is no way Tara got cut for weight or being out danced. She's drop dead gorgeous....what did she do... what was her "DCC Mortal Sin".....yes its mortal sin not moral sin(I'm Catholic, lol) 

I would kind of love it if her and VK went down together for something. Maybe it is my sorority past but my first thought was “Those two look alike, VK could totally use Tara’s ID to get into a bar.”

I know know here — I just think VK looks like Tara’s less cute little sister.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Again, there is no universe where I believe Victoria lied to Kelli, and Sam was like “That is totes cool, let’s grab a sundae.”  I love spoilers and rumors as much as the next girl, but there are huge holes in that story.

I can see it. At the end of the day they're both 18 ish and have been best friends since they were old enough to know what a best friend is. In all of the pictures Vic and Sam have consistently had the most old and recent pictures together and while I firmly believe Sam probably was like, "That was dumb," I in no way believe she'd disown her BFF for it. At that age, peers mean more than parents. She may get why her mom did it and probably even agree with it, but it's not gonna be enough for her to chose side over. Trying to cheer up her friend over sundaes seems like a perfectly accepting thing to do at their age. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Thought I would post this because I think it is pretty amazing.  Easy to see why she made SG

Just looking at her ribs all stretched out like that have my own ribs cringing at the thought and I'm just sitting relaxing in my recliner! *L*

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

And also beautiful outside the studio setting as well. Such a shame to lose her. 

C0031E35-4F5C-41F9-AC31-37125F33CA02.jpeg

Looking at her recent Instagram post regarding her DCC departure, Tara is a beautiful woman with complete class. So sad. 

• Love 7

I’m digging my brain trying to imagine what happened other than weight and being out danced, because those are just highly unlikely. I remember this time last year finding out Holly had quit, followed by Erica disappearing and wondering for months...but even then it was easier to understand. 

Tara was as close to a perfect rookie as they come in my book. Unless they dig up some MAJOR dirt, I’m gonna be screaming at Kelly (aka my tv) this season for her making up some silly reason. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, raindancer said:

It honestly isn't logical that Jenna and Erica would still be friends if Jenna had gone running to Kelli and Judy trying to somehow ingratiate herself with them by throwing Erica under the bus.  I just don't see that as a part of her character at all, and the friendship Jenna and Erica continue to have seems to validate that view for me.  Even with what happened with Holly, it seemed to me as though Jenna was put in a really difficult place, and she didn't know what to do, and she made the wrong choice.  She didn't have the benefit of retrospect and outside perspective at the time, so I can see why she didn't say anything (even though she should have).  I think that was the reason (along with her excellence as a dancer and long tenure on the team) that she didn't get cut.  She was still lacking in maturity in some areas (as in the text she sent to Shelly), and there have been some mixed reviews about her attitude from some posters here who have met her (which is something that also hopefully changes), but she seems to have humbled herself and worked hard and I hate to see her keep getting thrown under the bus ad nauseam.  I was glad to see her participating in the first episode, and I hope she gets to keep working with the team throughout the season, as she has been really dedicated and clearly loves the squad.

Is there any indication on their social media of Jenna and Holly still being friends?

3 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

I’d just like to go on the record and say that I’ve stated more than once that weight was my personal guess on why Tara was cut and I didn’t have confirmation on that at the time. It has been suggested to me by a couple different sources that it probably did play into her cut, but that there were other reasons.

When I stated she was cut, I was not assuming anything. She 100% was released and did not resign, but again as I’ve stated in the past, I know this will be taken with a grain of salt and expect people will be anxious to see this with their own eyes. I’m not really interested in sparking any more of these types of debates so I’m just going to keep to myself from now on. I hope everyone enjoys the season!

Please don't stop. I really appreciate your scoops and I know that you are like E.F. Hutton - when you speak, we listen. Lol

Edited by jlc
Spelling
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I can see it. At the end of the day they're both 18 ish and have been best friends since they were old enough to know what a best friend is. In all of the pictures Vic and Sam have consistently had the most old and recent pictures together and while I firmly believe Sam probably was like, "That was dumb," I in no way believe she'd disown her BFF for it. At that age, peers mean more than parents. She may get why her mom did it and probably even agree with it, but it's not gonna be enough for her to chose side over. Trying to cheer up her friend over sundaes seems like a perfectly accepting thing to do at their age. 

Yeah agreed. It’s not like VK had an affair with Sam’s dad. That’s the type of thing that I’m sure would cause her to cease contact, but lying about visits to the nutritionist to Kelli in her capacity as DCC Director? It’s stupid but I don’t see why it’s anything to avoid a lifelong friend over. Now she may want to not bring her over to the house for awhile, but if I were in her shoes, I would go to dinner with my friend. I don’t like to pile on my people when they’re already down and about to be embarrassed on national television. That’s punishment enough.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Totally agree! The rumors are getting pretty ridiculous!  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, AddictedtoReality said:

Totally agree! The rumors are getting pretty ridiculous!  

So, it’s that hard to believe an 18 year old girl would lie to her friend’s parent and still have the gall to hang out with her friend?

Sam and Victoria have been friends since they were tiny, wee, little things. Their friendship isn’t going to end because Victoria lied to Kelli about not seeing the Cowboys doctor and nutritionist. Just like Kelli and Tina aren’t ending their friendship over Vic not making the team. 

• Love 11

I hope they show VK and Tara cuts and not just pretend they were never there in the first place.

18 year old kids lie to parents and cover for each other all the time. If I had stopped being friends with everyone my mom had an issue with I would have never had any friends at all. She had a problem with every friend and boyfriend I've had my entire life

• Love 7

I doubt Sam would drop Victoria as a friend over this, but it would certainly make things uncomfortable at home for a while.  If Sam and Victoria talked about what Victoria was facing throughout camp (and Victoria was honest about it), then Sam might have seen the reasoning behind why Victoria did what she did and, while she might not have been okay with the decision, might have an idea of WHY even if she didn't approve of the reasoning/results.  It would have put Sam in a really bad position though, especially if her mom asked her if she knew what was going on with Victoria.  Lie to her mom and say no, betray her friend and tell all, or fall somewhere in the middle and say yes, I have an idea of what's going on but that Kelli would have to talk to Victoria about it because I can't talk about it.  Otherwise, Sam didn't know about what happened until afterwards and was caught in all the fallout.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

Is it a smart move to post pics of yourself with all these desserts if you’ve just been cut for weight, and lying about trying to fix it? Does she WANT to be on the team in the future? If I were Kelli, I’d be thinking, “yep an extra scoop of whipped cream just slapped me in the face... she just doesn’t get.”

Instagram comments, of which there are only a couple, make it sounds like they are referring to an event in the distant past (along the lines of "OMG, remember X"). So maybe they are reminiscing a bit?

Also, this guy must be exhausting for Emma. Almost every pic is him with his maw wide open about to shove a pile of food into it.

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 7

At this point, it's entirely possible that the two families met privately, had a heart to heart, tears were shed, and apologies were made and accepted, all away from the cameras. Because that's what friends and families do. Maybe Kelli said, "Vic, you and Sam go out for ice cream, take a break from all this for a couple weeks, then get back to work." Look, we all see the bias, but to me it's out of love, not something more sinister. Kelli has the blinders on because she loves her like a daughter, and when your daughter lies to you there are repercussions, but you don't stop loving her. So I am not at all surprised that the girls are hanging out, and in a very public way.

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

So, it’s that hard to believe an 18 year old girl would lie to her friend’s parent and still have the gall to hang out with her friend?

Sam and Victoria have been friends since they were tiny, wee, little things. Their friendship isn’t going to end because Victoria lied to Kelli about not seeing the Cowboys doctor and nutritionist. Just like Kelli and Tina aren’t ending their friendship over Vic not making the team. 

Sam's a smart girl.  She knows what goes on behind the scenes, knows the standards, expectations, pressure to be thin, etc.  She'll be there for VK.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

I just dont see why we are believing everything one person behind a computer screen is saying ?‍♀️ 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I doubt Sam would drop Victoria as a friend over this, but it would certainly make things uncomfortable at home for a while.  If Sam and Victoria talked about what Victoria was facing throughout camp (and Victoria was honest about it), then Sam might have seen the reasoning behind why Victoria did what she did and, while she might not have been okay with the decision, might have an idea of WHY even if she didn't approve of the reasoning/results.  It would have put Sam in a really bad position though, especially if her mom asked her if she knew what was going on with Victoria.  Lie to her mom and say no, betray her friend and tell all, or fall somewhere in the middle and say yes, I have an idea of what's going on but that Kelli would have to talk to Victoria about it because I can't talk about it.  Otherwise, Sam didn't know about what happened until afterwards and was caught in all the fallout.

I think part of it is — none of these DCC people understand optics.

No, if my supposed best friend lied to my mom about going to a nutritionist would I plaster all of social media the next few days the two of us scarfing down a sundae. 

Do I think friendships would imploded and lives be destroyed — of course not. But 1) I don’t take DCC as seriously as these people and 2) it’s still not going to be one big giant lovefest right away. Hell, even Shelley got out of town for a while and let things blow over.

• Love 2

I'm just wondering how Tara was an all-around weaker link then other vets like Jessika, Miranda, and Christina.

3 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

The reality is that they do line everyone up by looks and if the newer TCC blond out dances you, then there is no loyalty...just a slot to fill. 

That is why a finals the small groupings always look alike 

This definitely sounds like the most plausible theory. Except I have trouble believing other blondes that are still in Camp are doing better all-around then Tara, like Brennan and Erin ?

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Instagram comments, of which there are only a couple, make it sounds like they are referring to an event in the distant past (along the lines of "OMG, remember X"). So maybe they are reminiscing a bit?

Also, this guy must be exhausting for Emma. Almost every pic is him with his maw wide open about to shove a pile of food into it.

I don’t care if it happened 10 years ago. SHE POSTED it 2 days ago. My point, as always with her is: perception is reality sweetheart.  She keeps missing the mark. Especially if it happened in the past, why send such a message when she’s under such scrutiny right now???  

There were two separate pics posted on this thread. One was just a few days ago, the other in 2017. If I picked the wrong one, sorry. DCCs hardly ever are pictured with this kind of food in front of them-especially not with captions that insinuate that they are about to fill up on junk. Even the recent IHOP pics with the vets show most of their plates hardly touched. (I’m not applauding that either, but none of them are talking about two scoops of butter for their pancake.)

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 8
Just now, NMDD43 said:

I'm just wondering how Tara was an all-around weaker link then other vets like Jessika, Miranda, and Christina.

This definitely sounds like the most plausible theory. Except I have trouble believing other blondes that are still in Camp are doing better all-around then Tara, like Brennan and Erin ?

Also, a good manager does that at auditions or earlier at camp.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I don’t care if it happened 10 years ago. SHE POSTED it 2 days ago. My point, as always with her is: perception is reality sweetheart.  She keeps missing the mark. Especially if it happened in the past, why send such a message when she’s under such scrutiny right now??? 

Victoria actually didn't post it.  Christopher posted it, and Victoria commented on it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lolfordays said:

Also, a good manager does that at auditions or earlier at camp.

Very true. I hate to say this, but I'm just going to throw it out there. Maybe Tara was CMT's sacrificial lamb this year. Ratings were through the roof, higher than ever with last year's drama among veterans and their unexpected behavior and departures. We've all noticed CMT having a heavier hand in the show over past seasons; so much has changed about the show that many of us aren't as invested as we used to be because the show doesn't feel as organic as it used to. Every season that Charlotte and Kelly decide to keep the show going, they're selling their soul and integrity to the reality show devil a little bit more. The reality is, even though these girls are real people and have real feelings, they're on a show that the whole purpose of is to make money and Kelly and Charlotte sort of have no choice but to go along with it to some extent

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Victoria actually didn't post it.  Christopher posted it, and Victoria commented on it.

Same thing. Perception. STAY AWAY from stuff that will make you look bad. Remove the questionable pics, don’t comment on them. Pick up the phone and ask Christopher to delete it, don’t support it by saying you had an extra scoop of whipped cream. Am I the crazy one? 

Christopher is married to a retired DCC. He won’t disown a young girl trying to repair her image. He gets it. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Because those three managed to stay out of drama. 

What drama was she involved in? Not doubting, arguing or asking for receipts. I’m curious. Might help to understand part of WHY??? 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, AddictedtoReality said:

I just dont see why we are believing everything one person behind a computer screen is saying ?‍♀️ 

I admit I do not believe everything I read on here, but I do believe there are a lot of secrets going on behind closed DCC doors which is causing me to start believing some of the things being said or posted on here.

12 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

If you’re referring to me, for the record I wasn’t even the original person who posted that Victoria had lied to Kelli. That was smplsimon. All I posted was that she was cut on Thursday. If you choose not to believe that, that’s fine. My feelings aren’t hurt. When further questioned on it, I posted that the lie had pertained to adhering to her weight loss plan. Another poster then posted what they had heard on the subject of the skipped nutritionist appointment, which is in fact a true part of the story. This hasn’t all come from one person by any means if you actually read the progression of this thread, but you are certainly entitled to take it however you please.

Can you comment at all on how Jinelle was involved? That's the part of the story I am confused about

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

If you’re referring to me, for the record I wasn’t even the original person who posted that Victoria had lied to Kelli. That was smplsimon. All I posted was that she was cut on Thursday. If you choose not to believe that, that’s fine. My feelings aren’t hurt. When further questioned on it, I posted that the lie had pertained to adhering to her weight loss plan. Another poster then posted what they had heard on the subject of the skipped nutritionist appointment, which is in fact a true part of the story. This hasn’t all come from one person by any means if you actually read the progression of this thread, but you are certainly entitled to take it however you please.

First of all, no need to be defensive.  I never referred to you or anyone else by name! But I guess it's easy to spout off at the keyboard when everyone's real identity is unknown.  Secondly, I have read the progression of the thread, and I still believe some of it is bogus and could have been taken out of context. But I'm done giving my opinion about it. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Jennv said:

IMG_1024.thumb.PNG.c78502c2e3744161b3cd195f73c792f9.PNG

Awwww...so Hannah did move to Dallas after all. Taking classes there is a GREAT place to start. She'll have lots of exposure to "formers" of all the local teams - DCC, Mavs, AAIA, etc. not to mention Stephanie DW, who is all about the mentoring. I don't know if Hannah has the goods to be on a pro squad, but I expect to see a lot of growth when the 2019 audition season rolls around. Maybe she'll get chosen for Texas Legends or something.

• Love 2
Just now, sleepyjean said:

Awwww...so Hannah did move to Dallas after all. Taking classes there is a GREAT place to start. She'll have lots of exposure to "formers" of all the local teams - DCC, Mavs, AAIA, etc. not to mention Stephanie DW, who is all about the mentoring. I don't know if Hannah has the goods to be on a pro squad, but I expect to see a lot of growth when the 2019 audition season rolls around. Maybe she'll get chosen for Texas Legends or something.

Who is she?

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

This! I’m wracking my brain to come up with a plausible reason to cut Tara. If she got fat, it doesn’t show in current pics, if she was toxic, she wudnt have been taken out by all the vets at 3a or been invited to Maggie and Christina’s parties. Maybe she missed engagements but we wud have heard. I can’t believe she was out-danced by Christina, Savannah or Erin. I know Christina won a Barbie but u pick ur solo to highlight ur individual dance style. It’s not like she won some DCC style prize. Sorry about the rant but for some reason I’m really pissed about Tara’s cut. I hope there ends up being a really good reason for it, just can’t figure it out. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

I’d just like to go on the record and say that I’ve stated more than once that weight was my personal guess on why Tara was cut and I didn’t have confirmation on that at the time. It has been suggested to me by a couple different sources that it probably did play into her cut, but that there were other reasons.

When I stated she was cut, I was not assuming anything. She 100% was released and did not resign, but again as I’ve stated in the past, I know this will be taken with a grain of salt and expect people will be anxious to see this with their own eyes. I’m not really interested in sparking any more of these types of debates so I’m just going to keep to myself from now on. I hope everyone enjoys the season!

Don't go.  I have enjoyed what you have to say, and people throw out their ideas about everything here.  It's nothing personal, it's how we roll.  :-)

• Love 9

I'm so curious to see if they put Tara's cut in the show. I realize there is a lot that goes on that we don't see. I just personally saw her as a great DCC, a spunky cute girl who was good at what she did.  She didn't seem to be out of shape.  Was she at appearances like Jr DCC camp? Was it maybe an Angela thing where she didn't do enough apperances she was asked to?  That was one cut that did take me by suprise. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Trixi said:

This! I’m wracking my brain to come up with a plausible reason to cut Tara. If she got fat, it doesn’t show in current pics, if she was toxic, she wudnt have been taken out by all the vets at 3a or been invited to Maggie and Christina’s parties. Maybe she missed engagements but we wud have heard. I can’t believe she was out-danced by Christina, Savannah or Erin. I know Christina won a Barbie but u pick ur solo to highlight ur individual dance style. It’s not like she won some DCC style prize. Sorry about the rant but for some reason I’m really pissed about Tara’s cut. I hope there ends up being a really good reason for it, just can’t figure it out. 

I was thinking maybe fratinizing 

• Love 9