Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

CMT and Charlotte probably have more of a say so in how big the squad will be. I say 36 girls with four more girls to cut, and Christina and Victoria will be part of the new squad. CMT, Kelli and Charlotte are running the show now so to speak, and Judy does have a minor part in what happens, but her word does not go far.

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

CMT and Charlotte probably have more of a say so in how big the squad will be. I say 36 girls with four more girls to cut, and Christina and Victoria will be part of the new squad. CMT, Kelli and Charlotte are running the show now so to speak, and Judy does have a minor part in what happens, but her word does not go far.

Love her or not, Christina is a vet. Why would she even be included in the conversation this late in camp? I know vets can be cut, but there’s been zero indication out of the organization that she’s been in danger at all. Just trying to understand your point of view. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Love her or not, Christina is a vet. Why would she even be included in the conversation this late in camp? I know vets can be cut, but there’s been zero indication out of the organization that she’s been in danger at all. Just trying to understand your point of view. 

Someone had brought up the point of having a squad of 38 with Victoria and Christina being cut because right now there are 40 girls in TC. I personally do not care if Christina is still on team. Sorry for sounding harsh right now, but I think she will make the final squad unless she does something to piss off Kelli and Charlotte before the squad is finally announced.

Edited by bigskygirl
Just now, bigskygirl said:

Someone had brought up the point of having a squad of 38 with Victoria and Christina being cut because right now there are 40 girls in TC. I personally do not care if Christina is still on team. Sorry for sounding harsh right now, but I think she will make the final squad unless she does something before the squad is finally announced to piss off Kelli and Charlotte.

My bad. I was trying to quote the other poster and caught your reply by mistake. Sorry... not meant for you. My apologies! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

That would have been me she was talking to/about.  It was my point of view/opinion about Christina that she should be cut, along with Victoria.  Both are my personal opinion which means absolutely nothing to Kelli and the clan.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

Someone had brought up the point of having a squad of 38 with Victoria and Christina being cut because right now there are 40 girls in TC. I personally do not care if Christina is still on team. Sorry for sounding harsh right now, but I think she will make the final squad unless she does something before the squad is finally announced to piss off Kelli and Charlotte.

As much as I wish it wasn't going to happen and that Christina already had done enough to get her ass kicked off the team, she and Victoria are my least favorite in Training Camp right now, yet will likely make the team.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Um. no she's not.  I would give that award to Breelan, Christina, POSSIBLY Victoria (but only at this stage of Training Camp), Amy A. and a few others.  People already know my opinion of Victoria and Christina so I won't go into more detail (since I've done so multiple times already).  However, if anyone else gets cut from Training Camp, I would nominate Victoria, Christina and whoever is the weakest of the remaining rookie Candidates.  That is, if Kelli and Judy want a squad of 36.  If they want 38, cut Victoria and Christina (going from 40 to 38).

But Christina is not really in the conversation. I know a lot of people don’t like her, but unless there’s something coming out of camp that I don’t know about, she’s a vet and won’t get cut unless she does something like Holly or Erica or Jenna. 

eTA: please ignore. Our posts happened at the same time. ? I respect your opinion. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 4

Sometimes I feel that they bring the girls into training camp just to say - OK, we brought her in.  It's not working.  We gave her a chance.  We can say we tried.   Now everyone can see why.  Moving on...….

• Love 1

Category is Who Were the Worst Training Camp Candidates of All Time? My answer is Who is Rachel Buckmaster, Cathleen from Season 4, Paula T., Karisa from Season 6, Kali F. from Season One and Season Six, Brianna from Season 12, Ashley from Season 4.

I am sure my list will grow larger.

15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Category is Who Were the Worst Training Camp Candidates of All Time? My answer is Who is Rachel Buckmaster, Cathleen from Season 4, Paula T., Karisa from Season 6, Kali F. from Season One and Season Six, Brianna from Season 12, Ashley from Season 4.

Ur forgetting VK season 13??jk

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Again I say, Colby?? 

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Ok, which one was Ashley Season 4???  I need to do a re-watch.  I didn't like Vivian her second time and I was never a fan of Auto Amy.

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok, which one was Ashley Season 4???  I need to do a re-watch.  I didn't like Vivian her second time and I was never a fan of Auto Amy.

I remember her but can't remember the last name. I'll see if I can google TCCs from season 4.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I remember her but can't remember the last name. I'll see if I can google TCCs from season 4.

Wasn’t Ashley the one who had trained with Kitty the entire previous year, but just couldn’t get there? She tried out the year before and didn’t make it to camp, but softened her look the year she made it into TC. She also was cut the same night the other candidate (can’t remember her name, but she said that Tom Landry was a current cowboy’s coach.. lol. Judy said, ummm, he’s no longer living). 

Ashley couldn’t remember Jason Garrett’s name during that quiz session, so she took her study sheet into the office when she was being cut. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Wasn’t Ashley the one who had trained with Kitty the entire previous year, but just couldn’t get there? She tried out the year before and didn’t make it to camp, but softened her look the year she made it into TC. She also was cut the same night the other candidate (can’t remember her name, but she said that Tom Landry was a current cowboy’s coach.. lol. Judy said, ummm, he’s no longer living). 

Ashley couldn’t remember Jason Garrett’s name during that quiz session, so she took her study sheet into the office when she was being cut. 

Oh gosh - Zoe.  That was hard to watch.  I think Jennifer K has the right idea including the written test in her prep classes

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Good list!! Karisa and her awful eyebrows and costumes. 

• Love 6

I didn’t mind Buckmaster in Camp, at least the first time. Did she go twice? She had beautiful technique and a pretty face, so I can see bringing her in to see if she could get the style. 

A lot of dancers can adjust, which is one of the fun things about SYTYCD to me as well as this show. Sometimes even the raw talent is so amazing they can pick it up. 

And then every damn year you’ve got Barbie winners who can’t. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cgloss said:

She danced to a speech? Anyone have insight on her solo?

My daughter takes classes with @steveo05, Stevo McMaryion, at Contemporary Ballet Dallas. She just loves him.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I didn’t mind Buckmaster in Camp, at least the first time. Did she go twice? She had beautiful technique and a pretty face, so I can see bringing her in to see if she could get the style. 

A lot of dancers can adjust, which is one of the fun things about SYTYCD to me as well as this show. Sometimes even the raw talent is so amazing they can pick it up. 

And then every damn year you’ve got Barbie winners who can’t. 

Well, don't forget Nicole Hamilton, Jennifer K and how many other DCC standouts didn't make it in to TC their first try.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Has anyone said Breelan yet?

• Love 5

I did in my post (which has set off this chain of "Worst Candidate" set).  I do agree with Colby being on the list as well as Carla Ann.  Karissa, Rachel Buckmaster, Kali F. and Meaghan F. were good in their own rights, but did not belong in camp (especially those who had already been to Training Camp).  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What did everyone think of Chandler, I think S9, and Celinda, 2 camps in last 2 years or so?

10 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

I have absolutely no rational basis for this, but I liked Breelan. I think she’s really pretty. 

I thought she was pretty, too, but she was a mess in camp.

Morgan Jordan also was unable to remember the dances. They have cut so many girls for that exact same thing that I'm just not sure why they kept her.

• Love 1

Kaime O'Teter (Season 4)

• Love 2

I think CMT has some influence over finalists and training camp, but zero to say about who actually makes the team. When the audition process is over, CMT packs up and goes home. It's Kelli, Judy, and to some extent Charlotte who do the hiring, budget for the wages, and have to live with their choices from Sept to May. They aren't going to cut someone they really wanted or keep someone they really don't or expand the squad just to appease CMT. 

• Love 5

I think Kaime may have had a chance if she didn’t start 4 weeks late. I have no clue how she could have thought she could learn everything.  IIRC, Kitty thought she was a good dancer.  

Emily in S7 should not have made the team   

I’m going to be in the minority,  but I think Kindall never should have made it in the first year  

Edited by English Teacher
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I think Kaime may have had a chance if she didn’t start 4 weeks late. I have no clue how she could have thought she could learn everything.  IIRC, Kitty thought she was a good dancer.  

Emily in S7 should not have made the team   

I’m going to be in the minority,  but I think Kindall never should have made it in the first year  

Miss Kitty liked Kaime's solo. A decent solo does not mean the girl can learn the DCC style of dance. I personally do not think Kaime would have made the team even if she was in TC at the beginning.

I also would like to put Alexandra from Season 9, Carla Ann from Season 7 and Taylor from Season 6 on my worst TC Candidates list. I still cannot believe Carla Ann ranked higher than the five cut one year vets at finals, and Alexandra was ranked higher than Robin in Season 9.

1 hour ago, Trixi said:

What did everyone think of Chandler, I think S9, and Celinda, 2 camps in last 2 years or so?

I never understood what they saw in Celinda..how she made TC twice, I will never know.  I agree with T Kalina...Chandler looked like a grandma!

Edited by MssdDrms
Clarification on grandma
  • Love 2

I really like Christina and for the life of me can't understand the hate. Her interview on I think it was These Boots Are Made For Talking made me like her more. Each time she didn't make it she learned a little more about what it took. She didn't blame anyone, just took the advice and progressed. I think she did great on the field last year as well.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

I really like Christina and for the life of me can't understand the hate. Her interview on I think it was These Boots Are Made For Talking made me like her more. Each time she didn't make it she learned a little more about what it took. She didn't blame anyone, just took the advice and progressed. I think she did great on the field last year as well.

She turned me off during the camp when she was called out for her flexiblity and came across as kinda whiny about being ‘injured’. Just seemed like making excuses to me. Idk. I do like her look better now that she went shorter and lighter, less mousy looking. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Trixi said:

She turned me off during the camp when she was called out for her flexiblity and came across as kinda whiny about being ‘injured’. Just seemed like making excuses to me. Idk. I do like her look better now that she went shorter and lighter, less mousy looking. 

Yeah she turned me off a bit then too but looking back it was frustration. I admire the strength it took to keep coming back. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Yeah she turned me off a bit then too but looking back it was frustration. I admire the strength it took to keep coming back. 

Yep, they say ‘Fifth time’s the charm!’ ?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

What is this about Victoria gaining weight? Has she gained 15 pounds during camp???

I was wondering that myself. Who’s got some info on this please?

52 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

No Victoria in the pix.  I wonder if they keep her out of all pix so people don't talk bad about her since she has gained 15 pounds.  

Somebody mentioned it might be bc she is the youngest on the squad 

I don’t mind Christina, but I have to say, I hated every time she did a talking head. It always seems to me that she is trying to force herself to cry (most of the time unsuccessfully). There is rarely a tear in her eye, but she tries to make it appear as though she is overly emotional, perhaps because that’s what she thinks people expect of TCC. I’d respect her a lot more if she quit that crap. Outside of that, I have no issue with her being on the team, and obviously she had at least a decent year/audition or they wouldn’t have brought her back. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

No Victoria in the pix.  I wonder if they keep her out of all pix so people don't talk bad about her since she has gained 15 pounds.  

I feel like these girls are all older (22-26ish), college grads and living on their own. Victoria is 18 and just graduated from high school. I get why they wouldn’t hang out.

• Love 3