Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I don't think those are the votes to get into TC, I think they are the votes for Show Group.  

The judges panel for show group is much smaller than 15. I think there were 6 last year??

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 1

Didn’t Kelli tell Taryn at some point that she just made it into training camp? I guess I can see it. I like Taryn and think she’s pretty, but I know there are lots of mixed feelings about her.

Also, i think Tasha’s numbers were really mixed as well with a lot of “maybes.” I think they were posted last year when Kelli put up the board showing the show group members.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not according to some stories you hear.  I saw this on the MTT Facebook page (I scribbled out the user's name).  

image.png.9c793493038815813061a79d67dd5415.png

If she didn’t have time for show group, I have a hard time believing she’d have the time for a USO Tour. And don’t they pick the USO Tour girls from show group anyway? 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

The judges panel for show group is much smaller than 15. I think there were 6 last year??

You are right there were about six.  Those six show group judges used these TC pix with those yes, no, maybe votes to look at when choosing Show Group.  Kelli talked about it several times and even showed these yes, no, maybe pix when they were making Show Group decisions.  Sorry I should have made this more clear.  

• Love 2
Just now, ATLGirl said:

If she didn’t have time for show group, I have a hard time believing she’d have the time for a USO Tour.

It was during the holidays, she'd be on winter break from school.

1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

And don’t they pick the USO Tour girls from show group anyway? 

No, since they don't perform on USO tours anymore.

1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

Another self control delete??

Yes, in a way, but not on the Victoria (and Christina) debate.  It was a bunch of meaningless drivel that did not add anything to the conversation and would have only serve to drive it further off-topic.

26 minutes ago, Synspice said:

So, I'm rewatching last season where Kelli, Judy and Kitty are all sitting and talking about all of people left in Training Camp.  This is right before Taryn was cut.  The cameras showed close ups of several of the TCC and I took screen shots of these 3 since there was much debate on whether or not Taryn should have been cut over Savannah and Christina.  If you look at the numbers on the cards you will see the number of yes, no and maybes each TCC received.  Now I get that they had all 3 gone through several weeks of training but based on those initial numbers, Christina and Savannah were simply seen as much stronger performers than Taryn, who only received 3 yes votes.

Christina.jpg

Savannah.jpg

Taryn.jpg

These numbers are based on the initial impressions of the judges, based on what was presented to them at auditions.  Yes, Christina and Savannah were considered stronger performers at the time of auditions.  It says nothing about how they would do at Training Camp.  If I remember correctly, girls who scored 13's, 14's, and 15's from the judges have been shown to struggle, only to be cut for various reasons after they've reached Training Camp while girls with lower scores have gone on to make the team.  It's all in how a girl handles herself in Training Camp.  We saw how all three of these girls did in Training Camp. All three of these girls were about equal by this time in Training Camp. Kitty had even pointed out that Christina was selective prior to this scene and I bet there was more critique on her that we didn't see.  Christina also had flexibility issues and, if I remember correctly, memory mistakes as well as lack of power.  Savannah just had the memory mistakes and, I think, some issues with timing.  Taryn issues have already been discussed, but are on a level with the other two.

Savannah got lucky with her look.  If she didn't have such a distinctive look, I think she would have been cut where Brennan was if not sooner due to her issues.  I've already mentioned where I stand with Christina in regards to why she's on the squad (I still think she got extremely lucky when Brennan got cut, then Erica quit) and they saw enough improvement to keep Taryn to the very end (and they still should have kept her; after all, the team had 37 the year before so it could have been done again last year; they might have been pleasantly surprised with what Taryn could do).

• Love 2

Last year's USO Holiday Tour consists of a few SG members and other girls going around the country visiting US bases. She might have been upset she was not chosen to go on the USO Holiday Tour since non show group members were selected to go also.

I do not think Taryn being the last cut has anything to do with her having some improvement to keep her until almost to the end. I think the cuts are decided by CMT in order to keep the viewers interested. They have kept other girls in TC until the last minute in order to cut them aka ratings and drama.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It was during the holidays, she'd be on winter break from school.

No, since they don't perform on USO tours anymore.

I’m confused. If they don’t do USO Tours anymore, how could Milan be upset she wasn’t asked to be part of something that did not take place?

I promise I’m not trying to be difficult. I just don’t understand. 

• Love 1

They did do a USO Holiday Tour last year visiting bases in the US. The girls do not perform anymore during the tours. Last year a few SG girls were chosen along with non Show Group members to go on the tour.

4 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

If they don’t do USO Tours anymore, how could Milan be upset she wasn’t asked to be part of something that did not take place?

I didn't say they don't do USO tours, I said they don't perform at USO tours :)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I didn't say they don't do USO tours, I said they don't perform at USO tours :)

So they go on the tour but don’t perform? 

I guess I have a hard time picturing Milan getting upset about not being asked to go (not perform) on a USO Tour when she’d made it clear that her free time is limited. Even during a school holiday break, which is perhaps the only time she gets a breather and appreciates the down time. She seems pretty level headed and down to earth. 

I’m not privy to the inside stories others seem to know so I don’t know. It just doesn’t sound like her typical behavior to me, that’s all. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

So they go on the tour but don’t perform? 

Yes, they do their ambassador thing & talk to the troops, and I'm pretty sure they do a "camp DCC" type thing with the military kids.

3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

It just doesn’t sound like her typical behavior to me, that’s all. 

I don't know her, so I can't really speak to what her typical behavior is like.  Many people put a good impression across with the "real" them being nothing like that.  I totally believe the Facebook person (not that everybody has to).

Edited by ByTor
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yes, they do their ambassador thing & talk to the troops, and I'm pretty sure they do a "camp DCC" type thing with the military kids.

I don't know her, so I can't really speak to what her typical behavior is like.  Many people put a good impression across with the "real" them being nothing like that.  I totally believe the Facebook person (not that everybody has to).

Thanks for making the USO Tour distinction clear. I appreciate it.

You’re right, we don’t know what they’re really like. Maybe she did get upset over it. Regardless, I do think her departure (which was after football season?) was likely received with more understanding since she was a vet and not a rookie like the other two girls. 

1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

I do think her departure (which was after football season?) was likely received with more understanding since she was a vet and not a rookie like the other two girls. 

If I'm remembering correctly, it happened during the season (I want to say Thanksgivingish???).  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to hear what Kelli had to say about it, but my luck it would be like you said & Kelli was fine with it :)

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If I'm remembering correctly, it happened during the season (I want to say Thanksgivingish???).  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to hear what Kelli had to say about it, but my luck it would be like you said & Kelli was fine with it :)

Ha ha, yeah, she might have let loose a colorful expletive or two!

After all the chaos of Holly/Jenna/Erika’s drama, then both Alexandria and Kalyssa leave, she was probably ready to blow her top when Milan exited. It was one crazy year!

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Synspice said:

For reference, here are a few of the other TCC audition scores from last year, along with the 3 that I previously posted.

Alexandria.jpg

Molly.jpg

Lauren.jpg

Keyra.jpg

Christina.jpg

Savannah.jpg

Taryn.jpg

Kalyssa.jpg

Do you have the other rookies? A few aren’t here.  I know I saw them all last year sometime, I just don’t remember them. 

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

@ShellyB what do the numbers on the girls' cards mean?

I think yes/maybe/no....pertaining to finals after the first pass. Several rounds for maybes to become hard yes’s and no’s.

• Love 8
On 7/29/2018 at 11:35 PM, Jess14 said:

Yep! I thought Gina looked great in the first Onxard performance that was posted, but in this second one, I was like “Dayum Gina! Get it girl!” If you talk a big game, you better be able to back it up, and whatever one thinks of Gina, she can back it up. 

Regarding point, I think some of the different opinions just comes from what one thinks is important. Personally, I don’t really care about someone being humble and sweet, etc when it comes to position in a dance formation. The best and most senior dancer should be upfront (if 2 year and 4 year are equally good, then go with the 4 year of course). I think leadership is important when it comes to group leaders, which is why Jenna losing point but staying group leader 1 was backwards to me. If they were truly concerned about leadership, then why did she keep that position. I’m consistent though. I never thought Whitney was the sharpest tool in the shed. She seemed immature and of course had that incident with the costume, but I thought she was the rightful point because she could dance circles around most of the team. Certainly Kelli thinks otherwise when it comes to the formations, but JMO.

I'm pretty new to the scene, so alot of the "vintage" info, I have no clue........ not that it matters, but I'm curious ~ what WAS the situation with Whitney and the costume?  Are we talking about Whitney Isleib? 

1 hour ago, KoKo said:

I'm pretty new to the scene, so alot of the "vintage" info, I have no clue........ not that it matters, but I'm curious ~ what WAS the situation with Whitney and the costume?  Are we talking about Whitney Isleib? 

Sure, I’ll respond over in the Former DCC thread as soon as I get a chance, as to not derail this one. :) 

Edited by Jess14
I can’t make it through a one sentence post without a typo..smh
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

37693721_271427816981006_8820977800728018944_n.thumb.jpg.7b95777a718a908650d4b29b39ca7f97.jpg

This is an interesting answer Dayton gives.  

In my opinion, it sounds like she didn’t like the cameras watching and recording what was happening during training camp and is perhaps concerned about what will be edited into the show.   Almost everyone will have embarrassing moments in that situation and the cameras are there to film most of it for the show.  

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

HAHA this one occasion I think it's the yes/maybe/no but then again we aren't meant to see the cards so she shouldn't have to explain lol

Kelli must not mind too much if people see the cards because last year I think she posted on social media a picture of the cards of all of the girls who had made show group.

then people spend the next few days trying to figure out what all the stickers on the pictures meant like weight warning and such. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Yes, Whitney Isleib when she dressed as lil Wayne for Halloween and received a lot of criticism nationally for it. 

• Love 1

I think Dayton's comment about letting us watch the season was meant because of how she was edited (and maybe even compare it to how Victoria and some of the others were edited).  I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't really thought about it until the trailer showing her (and one other girl) crying in the locker room, presumably when they were either cut or had a serious warning.  That REALLY had to sting and probably solidified any thoughts she might have had not to audition again, especially after going through the process twice and not being shown in as favorable a light as she should have been.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6

Milan could not have done the USO tour even if she wanted to as it started before the end of the semester and she would have had to miss finals. Don't take my word for it; check the dates yourself. Ignore the illiterate rant of an anon Facebook poster.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Kind of bizarre that MTT on Twitter still has a cover page with Erica featured.  I get they aren't the organization, but still...

But they haven't updated the page since 2016 so I guess there's your answer.

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 10.11.26 AM.png

I think it is really interesting that MTT is still using images of cheerleaders even after they've left the squad or been fired in Erica's case as Cassie told us on social media.

Considering Ericas lawsuit I am wondering as that proceeds if the  football teams are going to have to adjust their contracts that the girls sign  as they are still using their images even after they leave the squads to market products/shows that are making money for them. 

Also considering the California judge's recent ruling that employers have to pay employees for time they spend doing jobs off of the clock, I am wondering if the girls are paid for those hours that they spend waiting outside the studio while K&J are doing deliberations  and CMT is filming. If they're not already paying them for things like that, it's possible that they will have to do that soon and they might have to pay the girls for the use of their images after they leave the squad. It's easier than ever now to track the amount of time that people spend working remotely even if it's just updating their social media profiles for their job and it could be that the girls will have to be paid for that time. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

The blue inked #/#/# means how many yes/maybe/no. The green or pink stickers that you see on some later on show their total rank after finals. You might see a CMT, WM (weight mgmt) and other such interesting notes. Source: my time studying this crap here. I am a TCCologist who needs a life ?. 

So, if you look at Keyra's picture, she has a pink 57 sticker.  Does that mean she was ranked 57?  That's pretty low.  That means she had to have knocked the rest of the process out of the box to make it training camp right or am I figuring that out wrong?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Synspice said:

So, if you look at Keyra's picture, she has a pink 57 sticker.  Does that mean she was ranked 57?  That's pretty low.  That means she had to have knocked the rest of the process out of the box to make it training camp right or am I figuring that out wrong?

Maybe she’s 5’7”???????

36 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Milan could not have done the USO tour even if she wanted to as it started before the end of the semester and she would have had to miss finals. Don't take my word for it; check the dates yourself. Ignore the illiterate rant of an anon Facebook poster.

The illiterate ranter (LOL) did get some other things right, though.  We're all going to believe what we want.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Best friends.  You know the old saying......it's not what you know but who you know. 

26114064_10155475701153401_4635900998364939951_n.thumb.jpg.8cfac92189c9e00b00b731d9b89bf590.jpg

What in the hell?  It looks like Tina's overdosed on the Green/Pink tube of GreatLash Mascara by Maybelline !!  I wonder if Kelli ever considered "anonymously" signing her BFF up for a makeover?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WickedMom said:

YES/MAYBE/NO

I remember reading Alexandria went home to care for a sick relative, or something like that?  Right?

But did this board ever find out why Kalyssa left?   She was such a strong TCC last season as evidiebced by her 14/1 Yes/Maybe rating. 

@Law Mom, you are definitely right about the USO dates.  Kelli was with her poms cheering for the girls as they returned from USO, and that was posted to Twitter Dec 10...finals at SMU Dec 2017 were Dec 7-13.  Unless she was planning on turning down USO because of finals but was insulted that she wasn't asked?  Or maybe the ranter was just plain wrong.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Synspice said:

I thought I edited my post  so apologies for addd confusion. I didn’t realize 20+ people already answered this. The larger numbers are probably their actual number. 

40 minutes ago, Synspice said:

So, if you look at Keyra's picture, she has a pink 57 sticker.  Does that mean she was ranked 57? 

Maybe she had the bib with #57.

I do not see how the one poster is wrong about Milan. I remembered former DCC Melissa saying Kelli and Judy were willing to work with the girls who were going to school in order to work around their school schedules and classes. Milan left the team in November which might have been before finals. She might have been able to go to her instructors and ask them to work with her in regards to her final exams in order for her to go on the USO tour. I do not think the poster made it up to make a point about Milan.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

HAHA this one occasion I think it's the yes/maybe/no but then again we aren't meant to see the cards so she shouldn't have to explain lol

I think they change from yes no maybe to yes/maybe/no in the later rounds, so at the beginning of semis when they actually start deliberating. At the beginning, their votes are just counted, and K,J and C talk. Later, the numbers are tabulated for the first time, so they switch the order so it makes sense in a descending order. 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

And we wouldn’t have seen it happen since it happened after filming was done.