Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

I didn't even recognize Victoria!! She looks so much better here. Definitely more DCC appropriate hair, makeup, and smiling. 

She looks super heavy to me, but Lauren looks great!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

I’m really glad it’s not just me. In one of the group one videos that has been posted(I’m on mobile and don’t currently have the patience to try to figure out which one lol), Gina’s dancing was distractingly overpowered in a negative way. Yes she was giving more “oomph” than Lacey, but the result was that it looked liked she was making a bunch of mistakes because the rest of the group was together and she was doing her own thing. 

So, does she get told to tone it down or does the rest of the group get told to dial it up?  Cause if her moves are drawing the attention, I can see where K&J use that as the example.

In regards to the DCC jobs upthread, KaShara and Lacey haven't been featured as instructors for awhile on the websites for Bar Method and Zyn22.  I wonder if they make enough in appearances to help them out financially thru the football season.  Lacey would be at $500 and KaShara at $400.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

You said what I was thinking! It's gotta be angles, no? Kelli hatesss large thighs.

All I can see are the jumbo thighs in this photo now.  One of these poor tiny things is going to get a complex from this photo.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

So should gina dance beneath her ability? That’s silly. Tons of hair flipping going on out there.....  Gina kills it every time. Maybe the others should step it up.

Holly is a phenomenal dancer and more of a standout than Gina BUT she was skilled enough to be a team player. She knew how to stand out, as well as be part of a dance team.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:
9 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

That’s not a flattering picture of Caroline at all... agree it could totally just be angles.

I think whoever took that pic was eye level or lower than the girls. Terrible. You always take pics at a higher angle!!!

Its how the rookies are standing. Note how all the vets have front or both legs bent while the rookies have their front leg straight. They have only been in uniform a few times, they will learn the secret art of posing soon.. Haha 

Caroline and Briana both have athletic looking thighs, I think they look amazing.

14 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

Is that Jacie Scott in the catalog or another girl who looks like her?

That's our Jacie!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think it makes sense for Khalyn to be excused from some events. Even if she wasn’t a top 10 dancer on the team, if they want to keep up the story that it’s just a part-time job, then they can’t be expecting girls to be at events all during the day during the work week. 8/9 to 5 are standard work hours.

What do all of the group leaders do as far as employment?

Lacey: student?

Tasha: print model

Kashara: barre instructor 

Khalyn: teacher 

Amy:?

Tess:?

Maddie:?

Kelli: pre-school teacher 

Yeah, and I would take it a step further and say that she’s outdancing everyone on the team, not just her group. I’m not even a Gina fan, but the girl is killing it!

Lacey, Maddie and Kashara all have multiple part time jobs ??? as instructors, Lacey was at a cryo place for a minute, etc. They’re basically full time DCC with some side gigs. 

Kashara did finish college. Not sure about the other two. Tess has a journalism/communications degree but no clue if she works. 

That ‘must have a job’ rule is very loosely enforced, especially for show group members. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Group 1 

6BBE6448-06F0-4204-8D15-F8687003BC5F.jpeg

I keep looking at pics of Tasha this year and she looks different and I mean more beautiful. I can’t pinpoint exactly what it is but I think it may have to do with better lip color or she’s  no longer lining them and accentuating the Cupid’s bow so severely.  Her make-up is flawless here. 

• Love 16
Just now, Trixi said:

I keep looking at pics of Tasha this year and she looks different and I mean more beautiful. I can’t pinpoint exactly what it is but I think it may have to do with better lip color or she’s  no longer lining them and accentuating the Cupid’s bow so severely.  Her make-up is flawless here. 

I agree, she's always been beautiful, but she looks stunning in every picture I've seen since this year's auditions. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

So should gina dance beneath her ability? That’s silly. Tons of hair flipping going on out there.....  Gina kills it every time. Maybe the others should step it up.

If she doesn’t know how to dance in a team, maybe she should take her “superior dance ability” and find a solo dance job. As someone else pointed out, Holly could dance circles around all the other girls, including Gina, and she knew how to fit in with everyone else. That in and of itself is a skill. And it’s one Gina clearly lacks. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Too bad about her face bc she is outdancing everyone in her group. Lacey who?

This is the reason why Gina would be not be a good GL. Lacey knows how to keep a group in synch. Gina would be follow me or die trying. We already have a Lebron.

• Love 13

The extra hair flipping draws my eye, but not in a good way. I keep thinking that would give me a headache, or whiplash. I would hate to see all of them whipping their hair back and forth constantly. They are fantastic dancers, an occasional hair flip is plenty IMO and shouldn't be overdone. Mainly because it LOOKS overdone. 

• Love 12

I wasn’t a Holly fan, and I’m not much of a Gina one, but I absolutely think Gina is the better dancer, and despite the Paris Hilton voice, I think she’s far less LOOK AT ME than Holly was. I’d trust Gina, but Holly, not from Act 1, Scene 1.

I think Gina would be a great group leader, BTW. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I wasn’t a Holly fan, and I’m not much of a Gina one, but I absolutely think Gina is the better dancer, and despite the Paris Hilton voice, I think she’s far less LOOK AT ME than Holly was. I’d trust Gina, but Holly, not from Act 1, Scene 1.

Act 1, Scene 1 - "My coach said that other girls will be jealous of me" ... "Tara, who?" ...  "She's correcting girls and showing them the wrong dance moves." ... PLEEEASE!

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

If she doesn’t know how to dance in a team, maybe she should take her “superior dance ability” and find a solo dance job. As someone else pointed out, Holly could dance circles around all the other girls, including Gina, and she knew how to fit in with everyone else. That in and of itself is a skill. And it’s one Gina clearly lacks. 

I believe Gina rushes sometimes and that makes her stand out and it looks off.  Jenna rushed too. It doesn’t make them the best dancers but it Is noticeable when dancing with a group because they are a sec ahead of everyone else.  Think of an orchestra where one violin is always a tad ahead...you hear it and notice it. 

Maddie looks good in the group photo.  

One thing that caught my eye in a previous pic and one of the above pics,  is it looks like Kashara has toned herself and had taken a few inches off her waist But it also looks like she is using the fake tan to contour her stomach.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, and she is looking good! 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I believe Gina rushes sometimes and that makes her stand out and it looks off.  Jenna rushed too. It doesn’t make them the best dancers but it Is noticeable when dancing with a group because they are a sec ahead of everyone else.  Think of an orchestra where one violin is always a tad ahead...you hear it and notice it. 

Maddie looks good in the group photo.  

One thing that caught my eye in a previous pic and one of the above pics,  is it looks like Kashara has toned herself and had taken a few inches off her waist But it also looks like she is using the fake tan to contour her stomach.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, and she is looking good! 

Now that's a reasonable assessment on Gina. I'll take that. Thank you.

• Love 7

Concerning the catalog pics, Jacie, as always, looks fantastic. I always wished she'd stayed longer.

But...did they actually photoshop some of Lauren's abs out? You can barely see any of the killer definition she is known for. I think she looks great but the lack of "abitude" I am used to (yeah, I know that's groanworthy of me) is just weird.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 4
On 8/23/2018 at 10:36 PM, lfedncr said:

Oh wait I’m taking a dump 

B363D9E3-2BB8-4A92-A97B-2AA743D444C5.jpeg

Yup, I said the same thing a couple of weeks back. Such an awful photo. The small screenshot of her photo in the other calendar looks equally bad. As if she's the most uncomfortable she's ever been holding her bodily functions. I can't imagine how some of the photos in the calendar went through several eyes and editing and managed to be the ones chosen. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dancer88 said:

Yup, I said the same thing a couple of weeks back. Such an awful photo. The small screenshot of her photo in the other calendar looks equally bad. As if she's the most uncomfortable she's ever been holding her bodily functions. I can't imagine how some of the photos in the calendar went through several eyes and editing and managed to be the ones chosen. 

We need a NSFW disclaimer every time someone post that pic. I feel bad for Saavy.

• Love 5

My eyes are always drawn to Gina. I love the hair flipping, bopping and smile!  I can almost hear the poms over the crowd. She reminds me of a young stallion out of the gate!

• Love 13
On 8/26/2018 at 7:42 PM, go4luca said:

This group looks very good and in sync, however, the cheerleader upstage and left of Kashara (Rachel maybe?) is incredibly boring to watch. She gets the steps but it's almost as if she's a beat above marking the routine. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

This group looks very good and in sync, however, the cheerleader upstage and left of Kashara (Rachel maybe?) is incredibly boring to watch. She gets the steps but it's almost as if she's a beat above marking the routine. 

Molly, maybe?

6 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

My eyes are always drawn to Gina. I love the hair flipping, bopping and smile!  I can almost hear the poms over the crowd. She reminds me of a young stallion out of the gate!

Same. I think it works stylistically for DCC, and I tend to like the showy, extra dancers with some swag, so I may be in the minority. I thought Jenna and Mia, especially, was similar. That's not to say that it can't be overdone, but I don't see that with Gina yet. 

8 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure its Rachel. She has looked lackluster in every clip that I've seen her in. She's not making any errors, but she's boring. 

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Concerning the catalog pics, Jacie, as always, looks fantastic. I always wished she'd stayed longer than those two short years. She made a lasting impression.

But...did they actually photoshop some of Lauren's abs out? You can barely see any of the killer definition she is known for. I think she looks great but the lack of "abitude" I am used to (yeah, I know that's groanworthy of me) is just weird.

Jacie was a DCC for at least three or four years. She was a group leader her last year.

Edited by bigskygirl
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jacie was a DCC for at least three or four years. She was a group leader her last year.

I don’t know why but for some reason I had two years stuck in my head but you’re right. I looked it up and it was four. Will fix.

32 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

Molly, maybe?

She looks almost strawberry/dark blond. Beautiful face, boring dancer. But this is the beginning of the season and I'm sure she'll have time to improve. 

1 minute ago, JohnGalt said:

Not sure if left of Kashara referred to Kashara’s left or our left, but far left (stage right) is Molly and far right is Jinelle. Vet Rachel is in group 1.

The rookie behind and one left of Kashara (stage right). Long, lighter colored hair. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HateWatcher said:

We need a NSFW disclaimer every time someone post that pic. I feel bad for Saavy.

So much wrong with that pic not the least being the weird shading making her boobs look circled in orange. Maybe new photographer AND airbrusher for next calender along with someone else picking which ones make the calender. I think Kelli needs to step away from that job  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dancer88 said:

Yeah, my eyes pretty much always go to Kashara, but even when I make myself look at the rookies, Erin catches my eye more than her. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I think she has a good chance at being a leader if she stays. I couldn’t say if it would happen next year or the year after. Next year there will probably be at least three leadership positions open. Looking at the current class of second years, she’s definitely one of the strongest dancers, in my opinion the strongest. She’s also come a long way with her interpersonal skills, so I don’t see that holding her back. But it’s just a really tough call because so many of the second years have leadership potential. I think Miranda, Lexie, Rachel, Molly, Savannah, and Lauren could all be great leaders. The only one I would probably 100% pick over Gina for leadership would be Lauren. There’s also Jessika. I’m not sure if she’ll stay for another year or if they would pick her for leadership. Kelli likes her, but I’m thinking no.

ETA I’ll add that any of the girls I named could retire after this year of course. Lexie for instance is getting married. I’m just basing this on who I think has leadership potential.

Yeah she getting married May 31st 

Edited by Holly85
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Same. I think it works stylistically for DCC, and I tend to like the showy, extra dancers with some swag, so I may be in the minority. I thought Jenna and Mia, especially, was similar. That's not to say that it can't be overdone, but I don't see that with Gina yet. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure its Rachel. She has looked lackluster in every clip that I've seen her in. She's not making any errors, but she's boring. 

Rachel isn't in this group - she is in Lacey's group. 

On 8/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Your daughter's doing great...….we take cash or check

Someone said that the studio she studied at for many years is one of the best in Dallas.  Either it ISN'T one of the best in Dallas if Victoria is the type of dancer they turn out (bad feet, can't control the movement because the movement controls her, has body placement issues, falls out of turns, etc.), she didn't listen/pay attention/followed instructions in class (very likely) or they advanced her through the ranks just to keep the Kalinas and their money coming back.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:47 PM, Taralightner said:

We can’t assume that no one corrected her... it’s her job to apply corrections. And, the stompy, clunky thing takes a lot of work to correct if she’s been dancing that way her whole life- for this style. If she’s always practiced power Pom that way, she needs to “undo” muscle memory. Takes time and work. Also takes the ability to hear corrections and believe that those corrections are necessary. 

I agree.  I might not have been in a studio in a few years, but all the dancers I've talked to as well as all of those who've been interviewed about the subject (and myself) WANT corrections.  We want to know when we're messing up and we WANT to correct them.  If there AREN'T corrections, either the teacher wasn't giving them (because s/he wasn't paying attention to Victoria and she learned by watching other dancers) or she was getting them, but Victoria wasn't APPLYING the corrections to her own dancing.  Victoria strikes me as the type who doesn't think that corrections are needed or wanted so never really applied them.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:53 PM, 5678Pixie said:

She went to every class that Kitty taught this year and last year, why didn't Kitty correct her.  Why didn't Tina correct her?   She also went to every pro prep class this year.  After each pro prep class they give you advice.  I am wondering if Victoria  just wouldn't apply the corrections.  

Supposedly Kitty really likes her and we know her mom does.  Maybe both are too close to the situation to see it clearly plus Victoria might have been better in classes than she is elsewhere, but I doubt it from what I've seen.

On 8/26/2018 at 8:01 PM, Taralightner said:

You’re SOOOO right. If a studio doesn’t advance her, there’s another studio down the street. It gets political (as early as 7-8 years old). Unfortunately, some studios succumb. Sad. 

Tina and Victoria remind me of the parents from "Dance Moms".  They'll shop their daughters to the best studios around, especially the ones that will tell them their child is one of the best dancers in the class, even if the child isn't and needs a LOT of work.

On 8/26/2018 at 8:01 PM, ales-ya said:

From the comments I’ve seen on social media, all anyone does is tell her how amazing she’s doing.  Maybe, truly, no one corrected her for whatever reason ??‍♀️

I doubt people DIDN'T correct her in classes, though it's possible.  More likely is that her teachers DID correct her, but she didn't apply the corrections.  Victoria never struck me as having the discipline to REALLY be a professional dancer.  It seems she may have gravitated towards dancing because of her mom telling her how wonderful being a DCC was, found she liked it for her own reasons (plus was decent at it), and maybe had goals to be a DCC herself one day, but didn't really enjoy it for either itself or herself so didn't really have the discipline to do it or herself justice.  She was there because it was fun and she was often told she was good.

On 8/26/2018 at 8:05 PM, Taralightner said:

Maybe she couldn’t fast enough- muscle memory from bad habit? Maybe she didn’t put in the extra work? Maybe she didn’t believe them. (You know Kitty wouldn’t BS her.) I haven’t seen enough of her in camp yet to really formulate an educated opinion. You’re a dancer, right? There’s always that person who keeps coming in with the same issue. Maybe it’s just a body movement thing when she’s nervous? She might have been calmer in prep classes. 

Victoria DOES have a lot of bad habits and doesn't seem to care or want to put in the work to correct them.  She strikes me as the type who doesn't listen when what the person is telling her isn't something she wants to hear (like someone is giving her a correction instead of praise).  Kitty really seems to like the girl and maybe didn't see all the issues that Victoria has because the girl put forth the effort in Kitty's classes but not elsewhere.  That's the only reason I can think of why Victoria didn't get corrected in Kitty's classes.  

Sorry I delayed this post.  Life got in the way.

image.png.3ac96b8e19ffed489604fcbebf96f7e0.png

For some reason, I love this reaction.  It's funny, it's real and it's just plain fantastic.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Maven said:

Okay, can I just say, Gina looks great with straightened hair! I

As Erica is off somewhere saying "Why did Kitty make me curl my hair????" :)

• Love 2