Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, hypeman said:

It sure was a mess. Her group was subpar last year. More girls got cut from her group than any other. Since the GL's teach and clean the routines, that's squarely on her. It appears that it wasn't just being new to leadership last year, because the issue persists.

It's funny that someone tried to blame Keyra for Heather getting booted from leadership. Keyra was in group 1.

The legend of Kashara continues to be more (edited) flash than substance.

It isn't Kashara's or any group leader's fault when a TCC fails to make the team. Kelli makes cuts for a variety of reasons that are beyond the GL'c control.

I love Kashara. She is so fun to watch!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Maddie's swimsuit pictures are really gorgeous, that's where you see her beauty. Full glam Maddie is super gorgeous, regular DCC Maddie is sweet and embodies the "America's Sweethearts" image

I think her professional photos are good (like the one posted above) but swimsuit? Yeah, too much photoshop. Kelli’s picture was amazing this year and last year as well, but that wasn’t Kelli. I don’t know why they’re editing pictures of gorgeous girls to the point of making some of them unrecognizable.

1 hour ago, jmarie said:

Lacey’s group is the best group IMO, so many of them are on show group !

I agree. They always put the strongest in group 1, which is why I don’t think it’s fair to compare them to the rest of the groups & their GLs.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Donna S said:

Show Group performing at The Star.  Amy's bottom leg is bent, and her back is not straight.

Dancers correct me if wrong, but bent leg is proper kick technique, no? 

Amy is a fabulous dancer. I don’t know why she isn’t featured more or looked down on. 

10 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Amy is a fabulous dancer. I don’t know why she isn’t featured more or looked down on. 

Support leg should be straight, and dancer should not bend forward when kicking. (And I am a dancer.)

Edited by Donna S
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

The photo shows all three dancers in process... they are all on their way to a full releve with high kick. All knees will be fully straightened in about another second. Looks like the one (not Amy, and not Lacey) got there a millisecond before the other two. I need to see the next second in a picture to tell what’s really going on.  When pushing up to releve (on your ball of your foot) as a preparation for other things, usually there is a plié (bending of the knee). You will see them also plié in prep for turns. 

I think we’re seeing the tail end of a “prep” not just a plain high kick  

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

You don't want to lock the knee on your standing leg, but there is too much bend in Amy's. By extending your arms slightly behind you, it should straighten your back, but Amy's arms are in front thus rounding her back. I like Amy, and everyone on the team has been caught in an unflattering photo at some point. This is just one of those photos.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

You don't want to lock the knee on your standing leg, but there is too much bend in Amy's. By extending your arms slightly behind you, it should straighten your back, but Amy's arms are in front thus rounding her back. I like Amy, and everyone on the team has been caught in an unflattering photo at some point. This is just one of those photos.

Doesn’t it look to you that Lacey is also on her way to full releve? I think in one milisecond, that photo would look much different. 

• Love 3

I just wanted to clarify something I said a gazillion pages or so back. I am the one that brought up Christina's hearing loss. I only knew about it by watching a video on "5 Points Blue".  Kristi Scales (also one of the judges for DCC auditions) did an interview with Robin and Christina. Kristi brought up problems that both gals had faced (Robin - scoliosis and Christina - hearing loss). I don't think that Christina has made it common knowledge as Robin turned to her and said, "I didn't know that!".  So, I don't think she uses it as an excuse or to gain sympathy. 

Maybe one of our insiders can comment more on her personality in the locker room and/or at appearances.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Doesn’t it look to you that Lacey is also on her way to full releve? I think in one milisecond, that photo would look much different. 

It looks like Lacey is on her way to full releve, but by looking at Amy's supporting foot, it looks as though she is already at full releve.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I agree completely. I was just commenting on the position in that moment pictured in the photo. The next snap most likely looks much less awkward for Amy. I haven't been able to do a kick like that since I was fresh out of college, back in the age of the dinosaurs...I'm envious!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Donna S said:

It looks like Lacey is on her way to full releve, but by looking at Amy's supporting foot, it looks as though she is already at full releve.

Yeah- after @Agent Gully‘s comment- I think Amy’s back is the issue but again, I think it could look much different in the next shot. 

2 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I agree completely. I was just commenting on the position in that moment pictured in the photo. The next snap most likely looks much less awkward for Amy. I haven't been able to do a kick like that since I was fresh out of college, back in the age of the dinosaurs...I'm envious!

I think you’re absolutely right about her right arm as well. Thank you for pointing out her back. I was looking at all supporting legs and missed it. 

• Love 1

You should be in releve for a battement, but in a kickline your supporting foot should stay flat, heel on the ground This is a big mistake that girls who haven't been trained in proper kick technique make.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

You should be in releve for a battement, but in a kickline your supporting foot should stay flat, heel on the ground This is a big mistake that girls who haven't been trained in proper kick technique make.

Well, Grand Battement, can be choreographed either in releve or on a flat supporting leg. I think what you’re referring to is the “cheat” that some use to get their kicking leg higher. Since the momentum of “rolling up” on your working or supporting foot can help to elevate the lifting leg, some do that to try to get that leg up there. Sometimes it’s not even done on purpose. You’re correct that unless you are instructed to go up on releve, the supporting foot should stay completely on the floor and the supporting leg should be straight. 

It’s clear that the kickline and across the floor exercises are meant to be done with a flat supporting foot. (Until they start the jump kicks). 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

Everyone keeps saying Maddie isn't attractive enough to be point, but I don't think Jenna is any better looking than Maddie. They both look like 15 year olds and between Jenna's huge forehead and abdominal scar I think Maddie is the better looking one.

Jenna was never point. 

1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

The photo shows all three dancers in process... they are all on their way to a full releve with high kick. All knees will be fully straightened in about another second. Looks like the one (not Amy, and not Lacey) got there a millisecond before the other two. I need to see the next second in a picture to tell what’s really going on.  When pushing up to releve (on your ball of your foot) as a preparation for other things, usually there is a plié (bending of the knee). You will see them also plié in prep for turns. 

I think we’re seeing the tail end of a “prep” not just a plain high kick  

This. It’s hard to tell when a pic is snapped in motion.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

I just wanted to clarify something I said a gazillion pages or so back. I am the one that brought up Christina's hearing loss. I only knew about it by watching a video on "5 Points Blue".  Kristi Scales (also one of the judges for DCC auditions) did an interview with Robin and Christina. Kristi brought up problems that both gals had faced (Robin - scoliosis and Christina - hearing loss). I don't think that Christina has made it common knowledge as Robin turned to her and said, "I didn't know that!".  So, I don't think she uses it as an excuse or to gain sympathy. 

Maybe one of our insiders can comment more on her personality in the locker room and/or at appearances.

I believe it was season 12 but then again she has been trying for quite a few years as we were ever so slightly reminded every time she was on camera last season. Sorry got off track for a second. At the meeting pre training camp Christina's fact about herself was that she's almost completely deaf in her left ear.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Stagecoach said:

I believe it was season 12 but then again she has been trying for quite a few years as we were ever so slightly reminded every time she was on camera last season. Sorry got off track for a second. At the meeting pre training camp Christina's fact about herself was that she's almost completely deaf in her left ear.

Thank you, I missed that.

On 8/20/2018 at 8:43 PM, Sister Tab said:

I had the same thought myself!

If they were for the VK solo, my guess is they were really “baby girl all grown up” tears and not “knock my socks off with amazing dancing tears”...

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agreed, she looks so pretty in this older headshot from around the time she auditioned and made the squad. 

I can't figure out how to get the picture to upload, but if you go to Maddie's IG and scroll down a bit, there's a picture from Dec 2015 and she has her hair straightened (she has a Star Wars shirt on so that should help with the search).  It looked gorgeous and made her look a little older.  I covet her curls (and Chantel's) as baby-fine, stick straight blonde.

Edited by Spooky
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Her hair is GREAT in this picture.  Why on earth would they not do this for cameos?!

I think the girls always look a bit odd in cameos, sometimes they’re downright unflattering. Don’t know if it’s the make-up, lighting or that white screen but they aren’t getting the best shots some of the time. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, jmarie said:

I agree with you somewhat about the part where Kelli should recuse herself when discussing Victoria, but if she should do that then IMO she should have to recuse herself when discussing Dayton as well. Even though it’s not going to matter because mostly everyone in that room knows who the girls mother is. But because them being a legacy doesn’t make them a bad dancer. Many don’t agree but I also think VK was a much more stronger dancer than Dayton and it didn’t seem like Dayton wanted it as much. It was very very noticeable how much VK wanted it. 

Kelli should have recused herself from judging either girl because she has known them their entire lives, but I still stand by my thought that the only reason she DIDN'T with Victoria at either the Semi-Finals or Finals round was because she knew that Victoria would NOT have advanced to either Finals or Training Camp if she hadn't.  There were too many other girls that were better than she in terms of technique, style, appearance (including weight), power, etc.  

6 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Judy only left the room Cassie’s fifth year right? Wasn’t she in the room every other year? FWIW, I don’t think K&J should have to recuse themselves. They’re the ones in the room who will have to be with the team all year, so their opinion should count, and they should have a vote IMO. However, I think it’s professional for them to sit back and let others lead the discussion when it comes to family members, family friends, etc. Kelli’s obvious favoritism towards VK has way been over the top. 

As others have said, Judy left the room in every judging session when Cassie was brought up.  I think that held true in Cassie's 2nd through 4th years but wasn't shown.  Only in her 1st and 5th years were her deliberations shown and Judy was asked to leave the room.  I know Jay Johnson had brought up some critiques about Cassie in her 5th (her injury specifically) and, suddenly, his segments were either cut entirely or cut down significantly every year after that when he was a major part of the show before.

2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I do remember Christina mentioning it in the First Meeting last year but Robin probably forgot about it since Christina seems to do a good job hiding it (unless, it seems, it suits her to use it as a reason why she doesn't want to do something or be as engaged as the other girls at events among other things).  It certainly doesn't seem to hinder her on the field!

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Spooky said:

I can't figure out how to get the picture to upload, but if you go to Maddie's IG and scroll down a bit, there's a picture from Dec 2015 and she has her hair straightened (she has a Star Wars shirt on so that should help with the search).  It looked gorgeous and made her look a little older.  I covet her curls (and Chantel's) as baby-fine, stick straight blonde.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

6 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Just noticed this, Taryn made finals but wasn’t featured on MTT at all? Does anyone know why she wasn’t featured?

D12A327F-9ED3-4C7D-B36B-89030EF982DC.jpeg

That’s a pic of last years finals. Notice Erica on the other side. Taryn did not try-out this year. 

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I think the girls always look a bit odd in cameos, sometimes they’re downright unflattering. Don’t know if it’s the make-up, lighting or that white screen but they aren’t getting the best shots some of the time. 

Meagan Sharp - was it her last year?  Her hair looked horrible and she's a beautiful girl.  I will try to find it, but I'm not having any luck.  Do you remember when the cameo shots involved the girls reclining or posing on furniture?

12 minutes ago, Trixi said:

That’s a pic of last years finals. Notice Erica on the other side. Taryn did not try-out this year. 

Oh! Thanks! I guess I was confused bc that’s the same outfit she wore for this years finals? At least they showed this pose and her outfit on MTT for season 13. 

Annoying ?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Oh! Thanks! I guess I was confused bc that’s the same outfit she wore for this years finals? At least they showed this pose and her outfit on MTT for season 13. 

Annoying ?

Yeah I noticed that when I saw her this year, if not the same outfit then pretty close. 

17 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Unfortunately not. Pretty girl. 

Too bad.  The DCC need to diversify a bit more.  Kelli brags about a diverse squad, but it's actually somewhat cookie cutter.  I can't stop watching, though.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Too bad.  The DCC need to diversify a bit more.  Kelli brags about a diverse squad, but it's actually somewhat cookie cutter.  I can't stop watching, though.

I swear when Keli says diverse she means hair color not skin color. 

• Love 21
52 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Meagan Sharp - was it her last year?  Her hair looked horrible and she's a beautiful girl.  I will try to find it, but I'm not having any luck.  Do you remember when the cameo shots involved the girls reclining or posing on furniture?

U mean like these poses???

C00ACC40-3032-439E-9104-A2733CFB9706.jpeg

8427AD16-0784-4021-BE8C-B4BB63D9618D.jpeg

72A5E96A-DA6F-42FC-B009-0F409F71E0D9.jpeg

400355A2-2147-4394-8724-6A1B3242E5BF.jpeg

1F360BA4-39A6-4753-BA0A-B206ECFA3442.jpeg

49560228-E2B7-4CA9-9F19-1A137A8D21AC.jpeg

And looky what else popped up! ???

7EBFB9CE-C1C5-4295-A096-4D06AC6EC058.jpeg

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 4