Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

I definitely do NOT believe this RUMOR that showed up randomly on here a while ago. Someone knows someone whose cousin's uncle's neighbor's brother's daughter said that, so it must be true. If Cassie did not have that treatment, and Dayton didn't get that treatment, there is NO WAY Victoria would. Cassie and Dayton's moms are employed by the DCC...and equally as close to Kelli. So unless you have actual proof that this happened, I'm not buying it. 

I agree with you completely. I just don't see that happening. If it really has happened, then I'm more naive than I thought. 

• Love 3

Watching the rerun of last night . . . sorry but there were not 400 women there, no freaking way. I must disagree with being the "premier" cheerleaders.  I may end up being with the other woman who isn't going to watch the rest of the season. I started watching this show when it first came out and it's gone down hill from there. Please make Rycroft go away, she's so useless!

• Love 3

I really loved the episode, it was so great to hear Kelli give explanations on why some girls we’re good or not so good. As someone who never had any dance training and has no idea what fouettes (?) or anything are, it is nice to hear things like someone’s footwork is bad, because all I see isn’t someone who can dance, I really can’t tell if someone’s technique is good or bad and it really helps me to understand why someone didn’t make it. 

And it was cool to see some longer introductions of the girls... although some were a little too long for me 

i am so happy the show is finally on again, I was really looking forward to a training camp summer and so far pretty much everything has been really quiet since auditions, so yay for that. 

• Love 4
On 8/2/2018 at 12:10 AM, ShellyB said:

1) she’s 20

2)  it was OVERSEAS

3) ??????

4)  ??

I commented in a similar manner because it is obvious to me you are a great mom.  My mom is the complete opposite so I admire great parenting.  Keep up the great work!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

I didn't watch the first episode last night, nor do I intend to watch it or any of this season.  VK met with Kelli as well as (I'm told) production before the show even began and discussed her storyline, including that she would be guaranteed a spot on the team.  That's just ruined the show for me.  I knew things were done to create drama, but this is too much.  They even discussed adding a lot of stuff to make it sound like VK would be this amazing get for the DCC to try and neutralize the obvious fact that she's only in contention because she's the daughter of Kelli's best friends.  Absolutely disgusted.

Done.

I didn't watch last night, don't know if I will watch because the VK situation rubs me the wrong way.  I think of the two legacies Dayton was a much better option.  I really like Dayton and the early cut is just gross.  

As to the others who said that they wouldn't give VK special treatment if they didn't give it to Cassie or Dayton I respectfully disagree.  First, there is obvious beer googles on Kelly when watching VK.  Also, people generally let their friends in on their dirty little secrets moreso than co-workers.  Tina could have dirt on Kelly.  There is also the part that I highly doubt Shelly or Judy would want their kids to be the worst on the team so they won't even ask for special treatment.  Last, I also feel like Tina would lost it if VK didn't make the team.  They certainly wouldn't have handled it like Dayton and Shelly.  She chose to cut the level headed person vs the volatile person.  Obviously she didn't want to be accused of nepotism.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

Are you seriously implying that VK potentially got this far due to blackmail? I think we've officially reached the point of ridiculousness with these rumors/speculations.

No, what I'm saying is that it isn't impossible that Kelly would favor a friend's daughter over a coworkers daughter.  I was using the dirt thing as an extreme example. I also do believe that in general people are more apt to give preferential treatment to their BFF over a coworker's child because they are closer with their BFF's kid.  If Kelly is gushing over Victoria it shows what I'm saying bc with Dayton she says she knows her but doesn't say much else.  I certainly don't recall her saying Dayton this and Dayton that.  Again this is all me backing up why I think the original post is plausible.  Also, I'm not saying this is even intentional on Kelly's part but it doesn't mean that VK isn't getting an unfair advantage.

10 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Victoria Kalina, Making the Team (VK : MTT) .... I LOVE IT!

To be fair,  Cassie had a kick ass body and bad ass gymnast moves.

I’m starting to believe that they’re using VK to make Cassie look better. It’s working on me and I’m known to be anti-Cassie.

Also, I honestly think Dayton’s cut was undeserved based on Shelly’s comment of the cut being unexpected. Plus, she was always commenting to support the organization and K&J whenever we made ridiculous claims and now...she’s still here, still commenting but never to support them. I’m with her-if VK can make the team, Dayton should have been made point already.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Smplsimon said:
8 hours ago, Taralightner said:

This seems like a vicious rumor meant only to hurt Kelli. Why would she risk her work relationships, her friendships of more than 20 years as well as the reputation of an organization that she has spent 27 years building? 

Plus, there are way too many people that would have to keep the secret for this to be true. It’s a conspiracy theory and I’m not buying it. 

Dismiss it if you like, but it's 100% true.

For what it's worth, after watching the episode last night, I totally believe it.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

It seems those dynamic personalities of past years just aren’t there. Is that just me? 

Nope, I've been thinking the same thing.

• Love 5

Nothing against VK personally but some of her prep class videos are available on her Instagram. Imo she’s spastic and not enjoyable to watch, with any style of dance. I can honestly say I have never watched a video of any current or former DCC’s and felt as uncomfortable as I do watching VK dance. Today I may be biased but I felt this way even the first time I watched, when I first started lurking here and I didn’t really know who or what her mother was like. That said, if her dancing in training camp is anything like the videos she’s posted, I’m more inclined to believe she’s been guaranteed a spot.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

The problem is you come on here and post these things, which is your right, but you don’t offer up any proof or even a hint of proof! Not questioning you, just stating why some have a difficult time believing! 

To be fair, if the first episode is any indication, Kelli is completely in love with VK, and wants her to make the team. So it wouldn’t shock me if what you say is true!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 5

The posting guidelines still apply, even if you don't like what a poster is saying. Most specifically:

Not everyone has to agree, there is no award for consensus. As a corollary to that, no-one has to "prove" with "evidence" anything. No asking for receipts or "proof"

If you don't like it, but isn't breaking any rules, ignore it. Use the Ignore Function. 

There is a pinned note above every reply box. It says final reminder. So, this reposting of the bare minimum posting guidelines shouldn't be needed. Here they are again: 

• Love 4

I do not buy the conspiracy theory.  I do believe that Charlotte and Kelli can decide someone is on the team, and they are on the team.  Just like they can put someone in to training camp that we all know won 't make it.  (Rachel Buckmaster, Kelli Fullerton, and Kathryn Dunn for the second time come to mind)  Victoria danced better than what I have heard about on these boards.  And I blame the girl in front of her for not knowing her space not VK.  That being said, I believe she looks great but is "soft" in DCC world and hope in fairness that Aunt Kelli tells her she needs to tone up because any other candidate built like VK would be told to visit Jay, etc.  Dayton is more reserved than Victoria.  Victoria reminds me of a puppy.  I was surprised over the level of gushing over VK by Kelli compared to Dayton since Dayton and Samantha are so close.  I would love to hear what Sam said to her mother about her bestie being cut.   Dayton came in more self-confident, looking better, etc. than last year.  If she stayed, I assumed she would be in the room with VK on visiting Jay.  Once again beautiful body in the real world but in DCC skinny mini trend, K and J would be all over it.  I was really surprised that their friendship and trying out together was not played up but my guess is the editing started after Dayton's cut.  K and J are well aware of the boards so they would want the VK giving her resume in dance on the show.

As far as Shelly, she works for the organization and of course would be at tryouts.  Alumnae are always at the auditions.  Shelly watching and having tears does not bother me one bit.  She is a former DCC, an employee, and foremost a mom.  I have no problem with Tina gushing.........and showing up with flowers.  Although I believe Tina was a bit catty on the girls in the past, once again she's a mom and alumna and should be thrilled about her daughter trying out.

Paris is a wonderful story in how far she has come.  Certainly to be admired.  Dancing for who she has is more street dancing and would not need as much technique.  Her look is a little rough similar to Karissa years ago (great back story but not as much technique or polish because no money for it).   Personal appearances are part of being a DCC and they would have to spend time on polishing up Paris's speech because the concern would be  more than an accent.

I can't wait for next week.

• Love 6

Has Kelli ever been made a producer of this show? If not she has no say in how they edit and pick the story they want to show. The editors are just going with the footage they have and creating a story. And like the bachelor they can ask the questions to get the responses they want and splice it together. I don't for a second think Tina or Victoria could dictate that they are gonna make the team and get a glorious edit. This is getting silly. On another note I hope we get to see more of the others and not just Victoria. I thought she was ok, not great. 

11 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Has Kelli ever been made a producer of this show? If not she has no say in how they edit and pick the story they want to show. The editors are just going with the footage they have and creating a story. And like the bachelor they can ask the questions to get the responses they want and splice it together. I don't for a second think Tina or Victoria could dictate that they are gonna make the team and get a glorious edit. This is getting silly. On another note I hope we get to see more of the others and not just Victoria. I thought she was ok, not great. 

Kelli is an executive producer of the show.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

According to this article, Natalie Woods is a producer of the show.  http://www.panola.edu/alumni/alumni-news/2018alumnaoftheyear.html

• Love 1

One thing about VK--Kelli and Judy will never have to say "be bold" or you "dance like a little girl."  I think these are two things she has going for her.  She has a field presence and has big hair.  I think VK's mom has instilled in her a great work ethic and, perhaps naively on my part, I think she will represent the DCC brand in a positive manner.  

The poster that said VK reminded her of a puppy made me giggle.  She does appear to have a very exuberant personality.  It will be a very interesting season and those who aren't going to watch might miss VK being corrected/reprimanded by Kelli, Judy and Kitty.  

And let's hope she's been practicing that field entrance her whole life.  If she can't get that down her goose is cooked.  Who wants to miss Judy telling her "Lines!!  Where is your foot supposed to be?"  I sure don't think it's going to be a cakewalk for her during TC.

• Love 5

I’m actually a bit surprised at the argument that Cassie didn’t get special treatment. I think she was a perfectly fine DCC the last few years she was there (great body, fine dancer, pretty enough, singer/tumbler for show group), but her rookie year? I didn’t think she was very impressive at all. If she wasn’t Judy’s daughter, I doubt she makes it then (that was one of the stronger rookie classes IMO). Now, that’slife, and I’m not super worried about nepotism helping a girl to make it onto a dance team. However, I can’t buy that VK isn’t getting special treatment because Cassie didn’t when I think Cassie absolutely DID get it.

I also agree with @UnicornSparkles that Kelli could, whether purposely or not, show more bias towards a BFF’s daughter than a co-worker’s. If you’ve watched the show for years, you know Kelli is one who has her favorites and doesn’t do a good job of masking it. Her reaction to VK in last night’s episode was indicative of someone who is very attached to VK. I don’t get the same feeling from her reaction to Dayton, even thoug I’m sure that she very much cares about her as well. 

Lastly though, VK could get all the favoritism in the world, and she could still be good enough to be on the team. I didn’t think she was bad at all last night, just not fabulous, as you would think from listening to Kelli.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

However, I can’t buy that VK isn’t getting special treatment because Cassie didn’t when I think Cassie absolutely DID get it.

Cassie most definitely got special treatment. Go back and watch her preliminary audition. She was awkward. She could barely introduce herself, didn't smile at all, and looked almost embarrassed to be dancing. If she weren't Judy's daughter, she wouldn't have made it past that round. Also, during one of the auditions, she was recovering from knee surgery. She was messing up a lot. Jay actually said that if it were anyone else, they wouldn't have been able to use that as an excuse to not do well. That they should be judged on what they could do at that particular time. She obviously got special treatment because she made it back.

• Love 12

One thing we have learned from the show through the years is that as a TCC you do not have to be that good to make the team.

And the rookies who make it into their 2nd year have always shown improvement & do not struggle their 2nd year.

The only improvement I saw with Dayton from last year was her ability to smile as she dances.  I am surprised people are saying she should be on the team when we haven’t even seen her skills as a member of TCC.  An early cut is usually a problem they determine can’t be fixed in the time frame of camp. I am waiting to see how it plays out. 

I had only 1 word for the season opener...boring. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I thought Cianna looked really old in her face.  I wonder if Kelli likes her, I heard the Blazer director never liked her and always made her dance in the back and never moved her up.

I thought Cianna looked beautiful!! Don’t know how anyone could not like her. She is the sweetest and most genuine girl. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KTUCKER20 said:

On IMDB it looks like she was only an executive producer for 2006. Charlotte from 2006-2012

I watched episode 1 again, and slo motioned through the credits.  If I read it right, Charlotte and Kelli are co-executive producers.  There are lots of producers listed, including Natalie Woods.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I watched episode 1 again, and slo motioned through the credits.  If I read it right, Charlotte and Kelli are co-executive producers.  There are lots of producers listed, including Natalie Woods.

I stand corrected. 

8 hours ago, UnicornSparkles said:

I didn't watch last night, don't know if I will watch because the VK situation rubs me the wrong way.  I think of the two legacies Dayton was a much better option.  I really like Dayton and the early cut is just gross.  

As to the others who said that they wouldn't give VK special treatment if they didn't give it to Cassie or Dayton I respectfully disagree.  First, there is obvious beer googles on Kelly when watching VK.  Also, people generally let their friends in on their dirty little secrets moreso than co-workers.  Tina could have dirt on Kelly.  There is also the part that I highly doubt Shelly or Judy would want their kids to be the worst on the team so they won't even ask for special treatment.  Last, I also feel like Tina would lost it if VK didn't make the team.  They certainly wouldn't have handled it like Dayton and Shelly.  She chose to cut the level headed person vs the volatile person.  Obviously she didn't want to be accused of nepotism.

Tina and Kelly have been friends forever and, of course, as best friends forever, they know things on each other. However, using that as an edge to get your daughter onto a dance team is a little out there.  That’s not friendship.  

If you remove the relationships and take VK on her own, judging her talent alone, I think she was still impressive and would at least make training camp on her own.  She had some impressive moves.

how she does in training camp....we will see...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I heard there was but wasn’t told who it was 

When Kelli says at the beginning “at least” 13 will make the squad, I think she is leaving open the potential of vets being cut.  There were some at semis that I think are stronger than current DCC.

18 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

I didn't watch the first episode last night, nor do I intend to watch it or any of this season.  VK met with Kelli as well as (I'm told) production before the show even began and discussed her storyline, including that she would be guaranteed a spot on the team.  That's just ruined the show for me.  I knew things were done to create drama, but this is too much.  They even discussed adding a lot of stuff to make it sound like VK would be this amazing get for the DCC to try and neutralize the obvious fact that she's only in contention because she's the daughter of Kelli's best friends.  Absolutely disgusted.

Done.

I actually believe something like this could happen. This is reality television where certain contestants or others on the show are featured until we all are blue in the face for the almighty dollar and ratings. There is a reason why girls who do not make it into the top 36 at finals are brought on the show aka cuts, or why certain girls makes the team even if the fans and viewers are scratching their heads trying to figure out why the girl made it in the first place. Just like Paris making it the next round. Did she actually made it because she has the overall skills to be a DCC or did she made it because of her sob story. I also not think the way Charlotte reacted was mean or nasty. And of course we have Brennan who is tried out for the fourth time. I think she will be played up big time because she wants to make so badly, and CMT, Charlotte and Kelli knows the fans and viewers want to see if she makes it or not. I do not believe Kelli feels bad Brennan did not make it last year because of Alexandria and Kalyssa. Would Brennan be getting the story line attention if Alexandria and Kalyssa stayed with the team and tried out for a second year and made it back to TC? She probably would have been mentioned with less fan fare.

18 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Can you sign up for another iTunes account and choose the US as your country default? Or, can you change your account to a US default temporarily? If you need a US address, IM me... you can use my address. 

I know you can have a billing address that is different than your user address. 

Or do this same thing with a new Amazon prime account? 

I have tried amazon us eycnand something to do with not having bank card registered in US xx

13 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

They've recruited before, and I'm inclined to believe if she wants on the team, she'll be on the team. She's got the tall blonde look Kelli loves and she is young and can be molded. She may have sloppy placement and weight issues, but they've taken worse than her that didn't have connections. 

Re: Dayton- I love her. She's beautiful. I feel like she might be one of those beautifully trained classical dancers who may not have that power like Rachel Buckmaster. Beautiful dance, but never had the power?? I don't know, but she moved on and did something that is way better than DCC. Good for her. It was not her end all/be all and that's fantastic!!! I feel like her edit may not be fantastic, but I take that crap with a grain of salt anyway. Look at Gina. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Please someone chime in if I get any of this wrong.

Erica went to Canton with the rest of the show group but she had an injury and could not perform. She was told she had to stay in the locker room while the girls performed. She did not. Instead, she changed into civilian clothes, bought a beer and took a photo of herself in the stands and posted it on her Instagram.  Someone saw her post, told the powers that be and she was dismissed from the squad.

Thank you!

• Love 1

This is the guy that tried out for DCC.  I really wish they would have showed him on MTT.  He did this dance with the Mavs Dancers, he was the star of the dance.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

This is the guy that tried out for DCC.  I really wish they would have showed him on MTT.  He did this dance with the Mavs Dancers, he was the star of the dance.

t tried out for DCC.  

I wish they would of showed his audition as well

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

To me this a really good story line......not the sob story.  I would like to know the reason he was not shown last night.  

Does anyone else have the problem of clicking on a video and you get only audio? AND you can’t stop it without closing the page completely? This never used to happen.  :(

• Love 1

The guy probably was not shown due to CMT thinking Paris and Brennan had the more interesting storyline. He would have been only shown once, and the Paris and Brennan saga was continuing since they were coming back for Semi-Finals. It comes down to keeping the viewers interested in watching the next episode aka ratings, drama and money.

44 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I also wish they had shown him.  He's a good dancer. 

Even if he didn't stand a chance in making it to TC, I really liked him.  I loved that he remained very late to the end of Finals to cheer the girls on who made it to TC.  He posted this on his IG stories.  When I responded to who he is elsewhere (orig. post was removed), someone said it could have been taken sexist to show him since he wouldn't be considered.  I think long time fans of the show would have enjoyed seeing him being shown.  His name is Dr. Jackson and he goes by @turningtrickssince96 on Insta.

turningtrickssince96_5_5_2018_15_54_43_476_2.jpg

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Even if he didn't stand a chance in making it to TC, I really liked him.  I loved that he remained very late to the end of Finals to cheer the girls on who made it.  He posted this on his IG stories.  When I responded to who he is elsewhere (orig. post was removed), someone said it could have been taken sexist to show him since he wouldn't be considered.  I think long time fans of the show would have enjoyed seeing him being shown.  His name is Dr. Jackson and he goes by @turningtrickssince96 on Insta.

What original post was removed, do you mean you posted it on here and it was removed?

1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

What original post was removed, do you mean you posted it on here and it was removed?

It was a thread that someone began outside the normal threads the Mods set up.  I think that is why it was removed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

When Kelli says at the beginning “at least” 13 will make the squad, I think she is leaving open the potential of vets being cut.  There were some at semis that I think are stronger than current DCC.

Given the numbers we know... 23 returning vets (2 get cut, but at prelims they don’t know that yet), + 13 rookies would be 36. Am I wrong about the number of vets? 

14 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Even if he didn't stand a chance in making it to TC, I really liked him.  I loved that he remained very late to the end of Finals to cheer the girls on who made it.  He posted this on his IG stories.  When I responded to who he is elsewhere (orig. post was removed), someone said it could have been taken sexist to show him since he wouldn't be considered.  I think long time fans of the show would have enjoyed seeing him being shown.  His name is Dr. Jackson and he goes by @turningtrickssince96 on Insta.

His splits are better than some of the girls in TC.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Given the numbers we know... 23 returning vets (2 get cut, but at prelims they don’t know that yet), + 13 rookies would be 36. Am I wrong about the number of vets? 

23 vets 2 got cut so that’s 21 if all vets make it threw training camp so that would leave spots for 15 rookies